South Beach Diet - What's for dinner? 07/28 - 08/03

View Full Version : What's for dinner? 07/28 - 08/03

Kim_Star060404
07-28-2008, 09:42 AM
I guess I'll get us started this week. I've got the week planned in great detail as DH and I have been a bit off track in July.

Tonight we're having 16-bean soup with some beef stew meat, onions and summer squash thrown in. I'll also saute up some green beans from the garden with olive oil, garlic and dill. Yummy!

What's on your menu?

Ruthxxx
07-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks, Kim, and you have great timing! I was just sitting down with Fitday!

Tonight I will have lean beef steak stir-fried with peppers, onions and mushrooms with a sliced fennel salad dressed with lemon juice and evoo. I may throw in some black beans too to UP the fiber.

femmecreole
07-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Tonite will be leftover "zuchinni spaghetti" and a big salad.

I made something kind of yummy yesterday evening...a "dessert/treat/snack"...a different take on the truffles I came up with last week...peanut butter balls!

I took some oats and ground them up in the food processer, then put some of that on the side. Then I added some peanut butter (the chunky kind) and whirred it again, then drizzled in some caramel SF syrup. Then I rolled that into balls and rolled it in the extra oats. yummy. I think next time I may try adding a little cocoa powder to that. A couple of those and a little glass of milk was pretty decadant.

Schmoodle
07-28-2008, 09:58 AM
Tonight is Chicken Divan. For some reason I always seem to make this when I am on PH1!

Cat, I have a recipe like yours that I make for the kids sometimes. It has powdered milk in it too, I think.

zeffryn
07-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Tonight is chicken spaghetti with ww pasta. I plan to have leftovers so I need to stretch the sauce, I'll add some peppers, onions, zucchini...

hmacneil6
07-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Thanks for getting things started this week, Kim!

Tonight we're having Rosemary-Merlot Flank Steak, Steamed Green Beans w/ a Dill-Walnut Pesto, Green Salad, & a slice of WW artisan bread I found this weekend. Should be really yummy!

Barb0522
07-28-2008, 11:03 AM
We're having Baked Pesto Chicken from the South Beach cookbook (Quick & Easy one I think). I'll also fix broccoli and either another vegetable or a fruit.

SkinnyDogMom
07-28-2008, 01:07 PM
I am trying my hand at crock pot cooking. (the only thing I made in the old, small one was crock pot steel cut oats)
Beans, broccoli, onion, green chilies, celery, yellow bell pepper, chicken breast with cilantro dressing, garlic, red pepper flakes and a bit of beef stock.
It is loosely based on a recipe that came in the crockpot booklet.
We'll have salad as well.

TwynnB
07-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Barbequed chicken (NC style - vinegar based), yellow squash casserole, turnip greens and deviled eggs.

pamperedsteph
07-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Tonight is black beans and rice and a big ol' salad. Burritos or Quesadillas for the kids.

Tomorrow my kids' Kinder teacher is coming over for dinner. She wanted spaghetti but I'm going to do a skillet baked ziti with whole wheat past spirals (my daughter wants the colored ones :)) A big salad and cheesy garlic bread for them. I just don't seem to want the bread.

Wed. is salmon patties...I make them with ground up oatmeal instead of flour, green beans, grilled veggies for me and mac&cheese (yuck) for the kids.

Thurs. is a roast in the crock pot and roasted cauliflower, broccoli, onion. I'll pobaby put some potatoes and carrots in with the roast so I can make my neighbor a stew later this week. She just had a baby so she needs her carbs.

Friday is crock pot chicken , a salad, and some pan-roasted broccoli

Saturday is grilled salmon, brown rice pilaf and either roasted veggies or a salad, depending on what's in my fridge.

Sunday is caponata and whatever veggies or rice is leftover from the week.

That is, that's what's for dinner if get myself to the store. It's 103 outside right now and I'm just not motivated to go until after 9:00

Belle Mer
07-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Turkey burger with chopped garlic and fresh basil. LF mozzarella on top.

Sauteed zucchini with lemon and Moroccan spice mix.

Salad

Apple for dessert

murphmitch
07-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Black beans mixed with Rotel tomatoes & chilies with RF cheese & dollop of RF sour cream.

kshe78
07-28-2008, 11:17 PM
Tonight was steak tips, tomato slices, salad and a baked sweet potato.

I messed up with the dressing, so didn't eat all of the salad. I think I was using vinegar, which is great. But it was grapefruit vinegar from Trader Joe's, and had way too much sugar! Oops. Read labels Kelli.

Tomorrow is supposed to be chicken (off to find a recipe besides just throwing it on the George Foreman) and brown rice and zucchini/squash.

SunshineCA
07-29-2008, 02:03 AM
Tonight we had:

*Pork Scaloppine with Herbs (from the Quick & Easy Cookbook)
*Tossed Salad
*String Beans
*Sugar-Free Jello for those who wanted it.

cottagebythesea
07-29-2008, 06:51 AM
We're having rotisserie chicken with roasted zucchini, peppers and cherry tomatoes.

Ruthxxx
07-29-2008, 07:34 AM
I have a small steak thawing which I'll do on the grill with mushrooms and zucchini and serve with green beans with a dab of pesto.

TwynnB
07-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Tonight : Grilled chicken, Cannellini Parmesan Casserole, and maybe a small salad (or something green, anyway)

CyndiM
07-29-2008, 08:53 AM
Grilled squash, tomato basil salad, grilled black bean burgers (I'm going to invent a recipe :crossed: )

*the fresh cauliflower spoke to me so the tomato salad will wait until tomorrow :)

Schmoodle
07-29-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm going to try the Cincinnati Chili recipe that Lyn posted on her blog.

zeffryn
07-29-2008, 10:31 AM
leftover spaghetti, turnips and turnip greens, homemade ww bread.

Belle Mer
07-29-2008, 12:48 PM
leftover lentil soup, sauteed kale with parmesan cheese and garlic.

Apple for dessert

JessieW
07-29-2008, 01:01 PM
Kim--16 beans is a lot of different kinds!! I'm wondering about your recipe--or if anyone else has a recipe that calls for lots of different kinds of beans. I have tons of dried beans I need to use. I am having some problems...since all my intestines are squished together...with nothing "coming out" and I thought some beans would help!!

Kim_Star060404
07-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Kim--16 beans is a lot of different kinds!! I'm wondering about your recipe--or if anyone else has a recipe that calls for lots of different kinds of beans. I have tons of dried beans I need to use. I am having some problems...since all my intestines are squished together...with nothing "coming out" and I thought some beans would help!!

It's actually prepackaged as a 16-bean soup. Its really simple. Rinse and soak in 5-qt crockpot overnight. Drain in morning. Fill to limit and cook on low for 10 hours. On my lunch break I sear some beef stew meat and add it in along with some spices and such. (You could technically do this in the am, I'm just too lazy in the mornings. ;))When I get home (around 5:15), I add some fresh chopped veggies. Leave on low. We eat it around 6:30. Yum! It's one of DH's favorites.

SkinnyDogMom
07-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Cabbage roll inspired saute, sans rice since we are in phase 1.
Cabbage, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms & ground beef...maybe some beans thrown in.

SunshineCA
07-29-2008, 10:35 PM
There are leftovers from last night for those who want it.

Tonight I'm preparing:

*Shrimp Stir-Fry
*Brown Rice
*Tossed Salad
*Fresh Fruit

murphmitch
07-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Chicken breast sauteed with onions, bell peppers and mushrooms in EVOO, baby carrots with red pepper hummus and toasted Ezekial bread.

kshe78
07-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Chicken tenders (my own concoction)
mashed cauliflower
green beans
1 piece of sugar free chocolate for dessert

hmacneil6
07-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Tonight's dinner is Asian glazed salmon, & stir fried veggies (napa cabbage, asparagus, peppers, onions, mushrooms, & water chestnuts). Dh may have rice if he wants it.

Belle Mer
07-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Baked chicken with sundried tomatoes/basil pesto/goat cheese.

Kale

Apple for dessert

Kim_Star060404
07-30-2008, 03:15 PM
"Mama Weaver's Meatloaf"
Baked summer squash
Brown Rice
Salad

Schmoodle
07-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Leftovers tonight. We have our choice of chili, chicken divan, or spaghetti and meatballs.

Thin4Good
07-30-2008, 04:00 PM
For lunch I cooked boneless skinless breasts in the oven with black beans, black eyed peas, tomatoes (organic canned) with juice, and fresh zucchini. - lots of seasonings and after it was done I put low fat mozz. cheese on top (on my serving) I have been cooking like this for lunch pretty often, with enough for dinner too and just having that meal twice or with something else added. I may cook up some cauliflower for dinner since I ate so many of the veggies at lunch.

I think I am going to make the brownies for dessert tonight. mmmm

nelie
07-30-2008, 04:04 PM
We are going out for dinner tonight, chinese.

Plan is to get a spicy veggie/tofu dish with garlicky greens on the side.

SkinnyDogMom
07-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Lean version of Rachel Ray's Chicago hot dog salad.

cottagebythesea
07-30-2008, 08:41 PM
We were at polo tonight, and instead of tailgating for supper, I brought along a grilled chicken salad with lots of veggies and some SF dried cranberries.

CyndiM
07-30-2008, 08:51 PM
mutant squash with thyme, garlic chives & lf feta, eggplant burgers

pookynutt
07-30-2008, 10:09 PM
late day at work....baked chicken, some sort of veggies and salad. i do have breakfast cheesecake for dessert!!!!

cottagebythesea
07-31-2008, 09:06 AM
Tonight it's baked salmon with roasted zucchini and cherry tomatoes.

femmecreole
07-31-2008, 09:20 AM
Grilled turkey tenderloin (with a dipping sauce made out of SF jelly and creole mustard), brussel spouts, and a salad.

Peanut butter/oat balls for dessert if I can get to the store to buy more peanut butter!

GONNABE165
07-31-2008, 09:47 AM
tonite is taco bake

zeffryn
07-31-2008, 09:58 AM
red beans and rice - side of some sort of frozen vegetable. Fridge is finally cleaned out and I'm not buying any more food!

nelie
07-31-2008, 10:18 AM
Tonight will be black eyed peas with green beans and maybe some sauteed chinese greens along with a salad. (I have fresh green beans to cook but I also have the chinese greens to cook)

hmacneil6
07-31-2008, 11:38 AM
I've got a Greek-style pork loin in the crock pot. We'll be having that with roasted asparagus with feta & dill, and a big Greek salad.

Kim_Star060404
07-31-2008, 01:01 PM
Leftovers of meatloaf and veggies tonight.

Cat: I made the prune "truffles" last night. They were so yummy. I had two with a big glass of milk. Do you think two would be a reasonable serving size?

TwynnB
07-31-2008, 02:41 PM
chicken and black bean salad, poss. on a tortilla, with side salad

Quixotica
07-31-2008, 06:01 PM
Planning ahead...great idea!
Thursday:
Chicken stir fry fried with toasted sesame oil, yum!
The guys will have brown rice, too.

Friday:
Spagetti and meatballs over grilled zucchini
The guys will have ww pasta, too.
Green salad with home made ranch
broccoli

Saturday:
Fresh crab, does anyone have a good dip other than butter for crab?
couscous; I can eat this carb without overindulging
coleslaw
beet greens
I am taking a trip up the coast and I always stop to get a fresh crab, yummy!

Sunday:
grilled London broil and grilled veggies
green salad
baked potatoes for the guys

EofAZ
07-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Elk and Mushroom Kabobs, I'm following the recipe in the SBD Cookbook. I'll have a spinach salad with an apple and peanut butter for dessert.

Schmoodle
07-31-2008, 07:11 PM
For some reason I must think it's the middle of winter! At least I'm cooking like it is. Tonight the kids are getting potato and ham soup (I need to use up some wrinkly potatoes). I'll have either leftover chicken divan or leftover chili.

Quixotica, I just like the crab plain, with a little Old Bay. I never have used butter. But around here some folks like to dip it in vinegar. It's not bad, but not necessary to use anything IMO.

zeffryn
07-31-2008, 07:46 PM
Quixotica - a few people around here mix butter, chicken (or seafood) stock, old bay and cayenne pepper. It tastes really good and isn't as fattening as regular old butter.

Tonight, we're meeting the in-laws for dinner at a local mexican place. I'm so worn out on Mexican lately...but since it's free...;)

CyndiM
07-31-2008, 08:54 PM
komatsuna with the tahini, lemon, soy dressing (I'm addicted to it!) and a stir fry of chicken seitan, peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, & yellow squash.

zeffryn
07-31-2008, 11:09 PM
Cyndi - where have you found Chicken Seitan? I used to find it all the time....but lately haven't been able to find it at all...

CyndiM
07-31-2008, 11:17 PM
Cyndi - where have you found Chicken Seitan? I used to find it all the time....but lately haven't been able to find it at all...

Our Co-op carries it. Today I hit the mother load. The Co-op has a discount store and they had the seitan with an 8/2 expiration for $.79. We now have 10 packages in the freezer ;)

I make good seitan but I've never been able to replicate that texture.

zeffryn
07-31-2008, 11:38 PM
Unfortunately, this city isn't very veggie friendly...they are just learning about CSA programs and health food. Talk about fried seafood though, and they know ALLLLLLLLLL about it.

Belle Mer
07-31-2008, 11:40 PM
I forgot to post. Big big salad. Sprouted grain bread.

Not too hungry today.

JellyBean32882
08-01-2008, 03:38 AM
Well, tonight (Fri) I'm gonna try and cook Herb Breaded Turkey Cutlets with Mushrooms from the SBD Supercharged book. Sounds good!

Kim_Star060404
08-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Tonight it'll be Chicken Bruschetta with a big salad. Mmmmm....

zeffryn
08-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Something in Hicksville, Louisiana...It will probably end up being subway or something similar.

Kim - Chicken Bruschetta?? Recipe?

Loriann7
08-01-2008, 11:13 AM
I have been off plan since nephew arrived, he left last night so today going to try p1 AGAIN, for a few days to offset last four days! I held out at 185, down this am to 184 again, but it was all the exercise! If we hadn't been hiking or gardening every day I'd of been back up to 190. hhhmmmm,

I think I'll make up some hamburg of some sort, maybe the taco bake... but IDK, I did damage last week with that, it's too darn delicious! :)

nelie
08-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Although I'm not the biggest fan of most seitan, my asian market had some beef seitan half price a couple weeks ago and I swiped quite a bit of it.

Tonight is salad, black eyed peas and some TBD veggie.

Kim_Star060404
08-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Kim - Chicken Bruschetta?? Recipe?

Here it is! (http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Bruschetta-Chicken)

It was in my email inbox this morning - my original plan fell through. I'll be making it with ww flour and ww bread crumbs instead of the plain ones. I'll also use ICBINB spray instead of the butter for the topping. Looks yummy!

zeffryn
08-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Thanks, Kim. It looks delicious! I might even have to make it when we're on vacation!

Belle Mer
08-01-2008, 07:03 PM
baked chicken breast with sundried tomatoes/basil pesto/goat chees topping.

Broccoli Rabe with olive oil and garlic.

Strawberries for dessert.

cottagebythesea
08-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Last night's baked salmon with roasted zucchini and cherry tomatoes was so yummy that I made it again tonight. :T

CyndiM
08-01-2008, 11:04 PM
I survived being on the road - had a whole wheat wrap with hummus and tons of veggies and gave the chips back even though it was a very small bag and I did think about it! I tossed about 1/3 of the dry wrap and ate a container of last night's leftover greens I'd tossed into the cooler this morning.

SunshineCA
08-01-2008, 11:47 PM
For tonight's dinner I prepared:

*Turkey Whole Wheat Spaghetti
*Tossed Salad
*Whole Wheat Garlic Toast
*Dessert: Optional

Thin4Good
08-02-2008, 12:31 AM
boneless skinless chicken breasts baked with california veggies (frozen) fresh quartered grape tomatoes, fresh diced onions, and various seasonings sprinkled with cheese (lf mozz, ff chedder, and ff feta) - I drizzled a little EVOO on top after it was done - served with smashed boiled cauliflower (my pretend rice)

Delicious!

Kim_Star060404
08-02-2008, 10:49 AM
We're having cajun blackened salmon, red beans and rice (for DH), sauteed fennel and salad. Yum!

Schmoodle
08-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Kim, how was the bruschetta?

Tonight we're having mustang's Chicken Cheesesteak Saute at special request of DD (that recipe was a big hit here), and salad Caprese, steamed green beans.

Belle Mer
08-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Turkey burger made with fresh garlic, parsley, herbs de provence, and dijon mustard, topped with a little bit of LF mozzarella.

Roasted cauliflower with olive oil and a sprinkle of parmesan

Strawberries and Ricotta for dessert

Schmoodle
08-02-2008, 04:24 PM
That burger sounds de-lish!:drool:

Kim_Star060404
08-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Kim, how was the bruschetta?

The bruschetta was amazing. DH said it is now one of his top five favorite things to eat. 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts make 3 meals for me, so its definitely going into rotation. It was great on a salad for lunch today with a lemon-basil dressing I made.

CyndiM
08-03-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm making stuffed peppers with a Mexican bent - gimme lean, brown rice, summer squash (big surprise there!), plum tomatoes from my garden with plenty of spice and some lf cheese. Turnip greens are on the side though I have no idea what to do with them (any suggestions??). They needed to be picked and weren't doing anything under ground, so greens it is!

femmecreole
08-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Sweet and Sour chicken, black beans that have been cooking all day, caprese salad (second time this week on that salad, but we have tomato overload and my husband can't get enough of it)

Kim_Star060404
08-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pot Roast, not-SB friendly due to potatoes, but still yummy and a nice treat for DH. Balsalmic tomatoes and spinach. Yum!

kshe78
08-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Tacos and a salad.

WW tortillas, reduced fat cheese, 93/7 ground beef, tomatoes, salsa and lettuce.

Good stuff! Leftovers tomorrow for a taco salad for lunch.

TwynnB
08-03-2008, 10:12 PM
We had swordfish steak, sweet potato pockets, grilled onion, and steamed broccoli.

Quixotica
08-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Hi Everyone!
Thanks for the hint on the Old Bay. I am thinking crab in a Creole sauce would be good, too. Just plain lemon was fine!

Tonight I made turkey burger meatloaf made with quinoa flakes. It was wholesome and guy pleasing.

I cooked kale from my garden and we had a huge salad from the garden.