South Beach Diet - Monday Chat on The Beach

View Full Version : Monday Chat on The Beach

Ruthxxx
07-28-2008, 07:46 AM
Good Monday morning. How the heck did it get to be the last Monday in July? My "summer" has just whizzed by.

I'm deeply tired, chickies, and may not be very chatty this week. I feel like I've been going flat out since mid-June with Fair, community stuff and visitors. This week is looking better though and I'm going to take more "me" time.

The Fair pulled out after midnight last night. I didn't mind wakening up to hear big transports roar out of the village. I suspect we lost money this year because of the rainy days, I'm sure glad I'm not the treasurer anymore and have to do the number crunching.

Hope everyone had a fun weekend - I know I did - and is ready for a productive week.

Belle Mer
07-28-2008, 08:04 AM
Good Morning Ruth,
I'm glad you're taking some "me" time this week. I'm not a chatty person at all, and when I'm tired, well...even less. So I'm with you there.

Not much going on around here. Waiting for DH to return from out of town, training the puppy, and writing. I ate a little too much fruit yesterday, so this week I'm cutting down on fruit and no more organic cherries!

TwynnB
07-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Good morning chicks! Yes, it is hard to believe less that July is almost over.

Ruth - Hope you get some much needed rest!

Belle - puppy!? I don't remember reading about that! (I've been gone more lately though..)

Me - Very short day at work (!). Camping was great this weekend, so today will give me time to grocery shop, clean up, work out, etc. Going to the doctor as well (who's NOT apprehensive going to the doctor?), so hopefully that will go well.

I resisted toasted marshmellows this weekend!! But....That will probably what I'm having as a treat! GOSH they looked good...one of my favorites!

femmecreole
07-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Morning all! Ruth, you are right about the summer! I have to go back to school one week from today...that's crazy! We just got out!! Still don't have a full time position, but do have the lab job...but you never know..sometimes you get a call the day before school starts.

Belle, have fun with the puppy training. My Bijoux is getting ready to pop with puppies. She looks like a little white walking basketball. Hope she has them while I am home this week. She just lays around looking sad. I remember looking that way myself.

Got up very early to get some work done. Client decided here at the END of the summer that she wants her whole site completely redone. augghhh. I'm headed outside now to torch driveway weeds/grass before it gets too hot.

**Twynn, we were posting at the same time. Way to go with the marshmallows.

Belle Mer
07-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Belle - puppy!? I don't remember reading about that! (I've been gone more lately though..)

I have a 9 month old Maltese puppy. She's 5 pounds of pure joy!

Schmoodle
07-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Good morning chicks,
Time to get back to business today, heavy sigh. At least I'm not going to Dallas today, that trip got cancelled while I was away. It is very cool and nice here right now, in the 60's and I've got all the windows open. DS had a friend spend the night, and I don't know what time they went to bed, hopefully they will sleep for a while so I can work in peace. If it gets warm enough I hope to make it to the pool later and might run some errands. I need vacuum cleaner bags, hair dye, and a new water filter. Such a glamorous life I lead!

Cat I can't believe you're back to school already! When do the kids start? My kids were shocked and dismayed to realize that they have only one month left.
Ruth, hope you have a relaxing week
Belle Mer, easy to overdo with the fruit. I'm trying to phase I but the peaches are so nice this year, they are really tempting me.
Twynn, great job resisting the marshmallow! That's one of my faves too. Toasted just right, not burned, gooey inside, mmmm

On that note, have a good one chicks!

Schmoodle
07-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Just checked the weather, now I'm really glad I'm not going to Dallas, yikes! Try to stay cool Barb and Kiko.

TwynnB
07-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Belle - I LOVE maltese!! What a great little dog!!

Schnoodle! - aren't these cool evenings/mornings AWESOME!!??

Have a good one!

femmecreole
07-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Schmoodle, I think the kids here start on the 8th. Isn't that crazy??? But we do get out in May.

I have a maltese too named Stitch. I've attached a picture of all of my babies that I sent my daughter not too long ago. Stitch is a charecter. Wish he was the daddy of the new puppies that are on the way, but our catahoula is. Stitch is "fixed". Bijoux is the ratshi in the middle and Roux, the catahoula is on the right.

Belle Mer
07-28-2008, 09:51 AM
http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/uploads/1207603757/gallery_5602_1339_4183.jpg

weezle
07-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Oy. Morning. We went to bed at 9:45 last night. I guess we were all pretty wiped from an adventurous weekend. Now it's back to the daily grind, including getting Little Guy to school. We still haven't figured out our mornings yet. Who showers when? Mass chaos.

Schmoodle, I've never known chigger bites to spread either. Aren't those the ones who burrow into your skin? (ew ew ew ew) Are you going to the doctor? The only reason I went so quickly to the doctor about mine was because I was afraid it was some sort of skin infection and didn't want it to spread anywhere. Infection type stuff makes me nervous. Keep us posted on your spots!

Well, it's time to start getting ready. Hope you girls all have a good day!

Lisa

Kim_Star060404
07-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Good morning, everyone!

Ruth: I know what you mean about the summer zooming by. I do hope you get lots of "me" time in. You definitely sound like you need it. :hug:

Belle Mer: Mmmmm...organic cherries. We've only had one decent shipment of cherries this year and they definitely weren't organic! Oh well. Enjoy your day of puppy training and writing!

TwynnB: Congrats on resisting the marshmallows while camping this weekend! Wish I could say the same! Hope you have a nice day of getting things back in order. Good luck at the doc's.

Cat: Your furbabies are too cute. Looks like they're best buds. I can't believe you start school back up so soon. Where has all this time gone?! I hope the website overhaul is over quickly and that you can focus on enjoying the last of your free time this year.

Schmoodle: Good thing you don't have to go to Dallas. I'll have to check there to see what the forecast is. It's nice and cool for us in Alpine. Hope you get a lot of work done today.

Me: Well, DH and I had a GREAT time camping this weekend. We spent a little more money than planned, drank a bit more beer than planned and came back with sunburns to boot. (We did SPF 50 every hour while down at the river...not sure what happened.) Anyhow. I came back 3 lbs heavier as well. We did a lot of working out, so hopefully it's mostly water weight that will come off in the next two weeks or so.

I had a great time while there, and being there put things into perspective for me. I thought constantly about how much more fun I would have been having if I was at or near goal. So, since we decided to make this trip an annual thing, I have a year to work my butt off. I know I can do this, I just keep tripping myself up and making excuses. The sudden epiphany was that it may take a year or more to do this, but after reaching goal, I'll be able to have a weekend like we just did, eat and drink what I want, and then get back on my workout and eating plans. Duh! Why does it take so long to sink in?

Well, today's a new day and so far, so good. I've got to go pack my snacks for the day and then off to work. Hope you all have a great day and here's some :dust: for those who, like me, really need it!

~Kim

Pearlrose
07-28-2008, 10:08 AM
Good morning Chickies!!!

No time for personals have to run to a class in a couple of minutes. Cute puppy love the little ones, my dh only likes big dogs.

My guys start back up to school on the 15th yikes.

Have a great day

zeffryn
07-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Ruth - Good for you on taking some "me" time, you deserve it!

Belle - Who can resist cherries? Maltese puppies are too cute.

Twynn - Glad you had fun camping. Hope everything is well at the doctor.

Cat - ugh. Good thinking to get outside early....stay safe in the heat today.

Schmoo - I envy your 60 degree weather....

Weezle - good luck with your morning schedules....it is tough to coordinate people sometimes.

Kim - Glad you had fun camping...and what a great epiphany! Good luck on this next year!

--

DH has to give a test this morning...there is a girl in his class whose work conflicts with class quite often - this time for a test. The end of the semester is tomorrow, so she has to take the test today...she decided that 9:30 at night would be a good time for her. Needless to say, DH said no to that time and told her she should have planned better. He did tell me that he would drop this test grade for her though....although she is already failing.
Since when did students start taking their profs for granted like this? It seems to be happening more and more lately.

Even though we did nothing yesterday...we still made quite a mess! DS' room is a mess and I didn't do any dishes yesterday. Those are on my plan for today as well as some ironing for our trip. I don't even know if I should iron, as we put the clothes in space saver bags...

Off to make french toast with an egg in the middle - DS' favorite!

Loriann7
07-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Good Morning all, I'll do personals in a minute. But man, what a weekend! Around noon on Saturday my nephew called and asked if I would pick him up so we could do some hiking. He lives about an hour and a half away from me. So, I headed out to get him, leaving home around one in the afternoon. As I was approaching his house I seen a very dear friend of mine outside of her house. She incidentally lives just a few houses from my nephew. Well, I stopped to say a quick hello, I've known her for 18 years! Of course it began with everyone giving me great big hugs. "Aunt" Lori! She has 6 awesome kids that I love dearly, and of course they just adore me! When Claire hugged me she was like "your coming a day early to help!!!!" um,,,, "help?" She replies "Yeah, with Jordan's graduation party!:" She had mentioned it to me a a couple times but never told me a date and I never received an invitation via mail like they said they were going to do. She was on her way to her grannie's 95th (bless her) birthday party so I said I'd stay the night. I went over to talk with my nephew about it and he was alright. Though his 15 yr old girlfriend had issues with him coming with me because of how my sister (his mother) is. He told her there's a reason I don't talk with my sis much! That I'm nothing like that. And of course the Aunt and Uncle my nephew is living with (meaning his father's brother) know me and were fine with allowing him to come. (LONG story I'll not bore you with details). But I was like "who does this girl think she is?"

So that's set there, so I called my son to ask him to come let Jade out of her crate BEFORE club. He said he would. I called around 6:45 to see if he was here, he wasn't.

After an afternoon with Nick, taking him and his gf to put put and just hanging out I went to clairs and spent evening mopping (a LOT of house to mop!) and fellowship, everyone finally went to bed around 1 am. I was sleepless... tossed and turned all night, calling the house every ten minutes from my cell, no answer! texting son to call, nothing. FINALLY at 4:15 am, thirteen hours after I had left home, he showed up at my place to let Jade out. I was NOT happy with him. He said he couldn't get his ride to bring him home before club... "ok, so what about after club, that ended at 10".... "had things to do" he said! I wanted to ring his neck! Poor Jade, she held it, but man she must of needed to go, not good for her bladder!

So Sunday, Clair and I started in the cooking (which she already had some of it done), cleaning, and shopping... went strong from 7 am up through 2:30 (party began at 2)..... we had her daughter in the ditches for cat tails for decorations on our way home from the store... I bought some water balloons for the younger kids... when I left at 5:30 I had seen at least 150 ppl there, and Jordan had told most his school friends to not show up till after 6, for the bomb fire! People were still coming when I left. He'd invited over 350 ppl! I apologized to clair that I couldn't stay to help with the clean up, but with the ride home I had to get going, with no sleep night before, I'm prone to fall asleep if I drive too late...

OH, HAVE to mention the cake! A lady from Clair's church made two cakes (biggest cakes I've ever seen!). One had a radio, two music sheets (that he loves music)... People, the radio (a decrated piece_) was 3D,. as were the music sheets... these things folded out of the cake, into the air, and down below, to the middle.! I have NO clue how she made either cake, but they were awesome... or as the kids would say "PHAT!"... the other cake was decorated with blue and red (the colors of his alma matter) and with 'pom poms"... both were just awesome, got lots of pics of the cakes they did!

So I picked up my nephew and came home. But not before asking the Barnums (clair's family) to join me next weekend for a hike! See, they have friends that I knew from when the boys were little, like 2 and 3, to come hiking with us, they are up from out of state! I showed the kids some sites of what is close to me and got the boys all excited to come! hehehehe (trouble maker).

OK, so why am i saying all this,? needed to vent about kid i suppose, and excited I got to see my dearest friend in the world, and have fellowship with her! :)

side note...Needless to say, my diet yesterday was NOT on track :).

Pacergal29
07-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Argh what a weekend! Saturday my washer decided to die with a load of laundry in it, and being a front loader the door was locked and it took forever to get it open. Off to the laundry mat I went. YUCK!

Yesterday was that poor excuse for a NASCAR race we attended in Indianapolis. Thank the good Lord we enjoy everything else that comes with the race (walking the grounds looking at everthing there is to see) because that race left me scratching my head. Good news is we made it out of the track with little trouble and was home very quick! DD went with us and it was her first time. Halfway home I thought she was sleeping and she sits up and yells, "WAIT! We left my future husband at the track!" That being Kasey Kahne! Ah teenagers!

We are going to forget the food and what the scales said today!

Hope you all have a great day, no time for personals, gotta get to work!

hmacneil6
07-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Good morning ladies!!!
Ruth - Glad to hear that you're taking some time just for you. You are SO BUSY! You've earned every moment that's Ruth focused....Enjoy it!

Belle - You're baby is So Cute! What a fantastic picture!

Twynnb - Great job by resisting that marshmallow! Fantastic work!

Cat - I've known lots of people who have gotten calls the last week before school starts for a teaching job. I'll be sure to keep my fingers crossed!

Schmoodle - Hope today is productive and you get all that you need done.

Weezle - Mornings can be a little crazy...good luck straightening them out. Hope the spots are getting better!

Kim - I love it when I get moments like that and everything seems to get really clear. Good luck on your new outlooks and keep up the good work!

Pearlrose - MORNING!!! :wave:

Zeff - Glad to hear you had just family time this weekend. And yeah, if I had done that to any of my profs when I was in school, I would have been strung up the flag pool. It's a whole different "entitled" generation that we're living in.

Me - I really had a lovely weekend and managed to stay OP despite the fact that I didn't have control of much of my food. Spent the afternoon in the courtyard of our building hanging out with neighbors. We cooked out for dinner....I ate 2 hotdogs w/o buns and some salad & strawberries. I made a blueberry peach cobbler (a recipe I found on Kalyn's Kitchen) that we shared. It was fun. Today we've got an ice cream social at school. I've already got my mind focused on staying away.
Oh....and I hit my 3rd mini goal!!! Hooray for me!
Have a good Monday, Ladies!!!
ENJOY!

JessieW
07-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Good morning ladies. Stephanie, had to laugh at your daughter. My sister (23) talks about kasey kahne the same way.

It was a very quiet weekend. I should be glad for the rest but really I was bored out of my mind. I am not good at sitting still or just puttering around the house.

We are going to Pittsburgh this weekend--9 hours car drive on Friday and 9 hours back on Sunday. YUCK. But it is my DH's grandpa's 85th birthday and they are having a big shebang. We haven't seen anyone in that branch of the family since our wedding (4 years on Thursday!). It will be nice to see his mom and dad and I know they'll be excited to see the baby belly. (Someone asked me this, and YES we've seen DH's parents and sister since the wedding, just not the extended family on that side.)

Here's hoping for a great day. :)

Loriann7
07-28-2008, 10:46 AM
HMCA... CONGRATS ON MAKING MINI GOAL #3!!

Pacer... Sorry about the laundry situation, I agree about the mat... YUCK!!!!

Zeff, having students dictate to professors? hhmm, thats a new one to me. If she needed why didn't she sign up for online courses?

Kim... AH, the great outdoors! Sorry about the gain, and you know what? I used to think I didn't deserve a hubby, or to do this or that because of my weight. You know something? Thats plain foolishness! The only thing weight might do is keep one from hiking as far or as long... but if you've been working out or walking you should be up to hiking!!!!!!! JMO though! hugs hun!

Lisa, school? It's summer!

Belle, she's adorable! andI'm not a fan of small doggies! :)

Femme, good luck with the job search!!!!!!! I hope they call you for a full time position soon!

Twynn, congrats on staying OP!

Belle, At least it was natural sugar!

Ruth, I hope you get the well deserved rest!

phxsunflower
07-28-2008, 10:53 AM
good morning all,

No time to get personal but Ruth try to get much need rest you deserve it, the furbabies are all so sweet. Glad the campers all got back safely and had fun.

Just want to check in and get my week started. I have to make it quick as swim starts in a hour and I still need to get the kids moving..

This is my last week also before school starts for me and and the kids have one more week. Many parent meetings and info. nights set up this week also. 1 going into high school(our 1st one)so will have to go to all of those.
This summer did go quickly which is good in a way.

I am a bit frustrated with the scale right now. I finally broke 215(been here for almost 3 months) with the last visit to phase one and made it down to 208 stepped on the scale this a.m. and it was back up to 215!!! I was so excited to see it go down and upset to see it back up. Will hang in there but yuggghh.

Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Gotta go

ladybugnessa
07-28-2008, 11:06 AM
I want you all to know I care deeply for all of you but i just can't keep up with the daily thread... i miss folks and I fear i hurt feelings...

I'm here... but I think for a while I'll stay out of the daily thread....

cottagebythesea
07-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Good morning!

I was up and out the door by 5:30 this morning for my colonoscopy, which was a breeze BTW, and now I'm back home all tucked in on the sofa in the sunroom with a mug of coffee by my side. :) I'm still groggy from the anesthesia and plan to take a nice long nap after I catch up on my modding rounds.

Too many posts to give personals, but I've read all your posts and glad everyone's doing well. Get some rest, Ruthie!

Sending my love to all - :grouphug:

hmacneil6
07-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Since we're all sharing puppy pics, thought I'd introduce you all to mine.
Pocket is the chocolate brown and Lint is the dapple.

Belle Mer
07-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Beachers, all of your dogs are adorable. I love dogs. Thanks for your kind words about my puppy. She's very sweet, and a great dog for people who travel.

I bought some organic gala apples today, and I think I'll try cantaloupe after the apples are gone. I love fruit and sometimes get out of control with it, especially summer fruit.

JessieW
07-28-2008, 12:35 PM
http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v71/186/69/15804200/n15804200_30842817_1385.jpg

Here's my holy terror...it's a good thing he's cute or I may have killed him this weekend.

Fat Melanie
07-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Hello peoples, lots of cute pup pictures being posted here. :)

Kinda p*ssed off because Bf lied to me... yesterday he had let me know how he had to take his buddy to Lowes before they went off to work. When they came back to the house, the bud was talking about how he got his new tracphone from Walmart so I assumed they went there, as well. Well later on when I was casually mentioning it to BF, he told me that they had went to Walmart on Saturday and that's when his friend got the phone... huh? What? Because he claimed he was working all day that day (which was saturday.) When I was like, "um, wait a minute!" He got all flustered and looked guilty or something... because obviously he hadn't meant to slip up and let it be known he and his bud had went all the way to the next county to do whatever when he claimed he was working all day, felt so busy and "rushed", while his girlfriend is sitting at the house, all alone, AS USUAL, with the baby. I know they did later on work, because they came back mid afternoon to talk about his busines opportunity, but why bother lying about where you went? How very odd. How lovely that they asked me along on their little trip (not), especially considering the fact that I've been stuck in the house for weeks now. We've gone virtually nowhere.

Plus yesterday his friend casually said, right in front of me, out of nowhere, "oh, we've got a problem... we've got a job to do next weekend in Raleigh and we have to stay there all weekend..." (Raleigh is our capitol, about 4 hours away, or so)... I was like, yeah right!!!!!

I told his friend, "no, no way, because you're only going to have him cavorting around with b*tches."

His friend was wide-eyed and didn't blink and so smoothly said, "no, because we're going to bring you and the baby along..." I was like, "yeah right, you're quick, but I know when someone's bs'ing."

Something is going on.. I know this sounds exaggerated and to you guys, the story doesn't sound much like anything, but you kinda had to be there. It was obvious that they had this planned ahead of time because his friend just happened to 'bring it up' in front of me. I don't trust that guy one bit... and my BF looked up and saw how annoyed I was and then was like, "Nah, man, I don't wanna go all the way to Raleigh..." I think he chickened out of whatever they were planning to do. I mean, since when does this guy have a client base that extends to all the way in Raleigh, when he has nothing more than a small side business, and he doesn't even have a building? Why is no one being straight with me? Why do men let themselves be led astray by other men?

ladybugnessa
07-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Melanie.. you're so young... you really want to stay with a guy you don't trust?

Loriann7
07-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Mel,

I'm sorry they lied. Your right, bf should of just told you he was going with his friend and then to work. And about the trip, perhaps there's a party or something going on in Raleigh, or a concert, or something, and perhaps the one friend has females involved, I don't know.

I understand your being upset, but I'm hoping you will hear me out. Beat him at his own game. You are going stir crazy being in the house all day. Is there a lake near you? A park, or something you would like to do come the weekend? Set it up.... sometime during the week mention ... "you know, I think going to the lake would be a good time.. maybe we can pack a picnic lunch, just the three of us, and go swimming." OR, if you have family, make plans with your sister or someone, about going on a family picnic.

What I'm getting at is instead of complaining how bored you are... that just tunes men out... MAKE SUGGESTIONS... in other words... don't make a problem bigger, figure out how to resolve the problem.

Maybe even find a baby sitter, and head out for a fish fry just the two of you! or a shopping trip with the th ree of you!

Hope you figure out how to explain to him you need to get out too!!!!!!

hugs hun!

Barb0522
07-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Mel - I agree with Nessa but you have to make your own decisions for you and your son. :hug:

schmoodle - It IS hot in Dallas so I'm glad for you that you didn't have to come. We hit 105 degrees yesterday. Today is supposed to be 103 with a heat index of 105. But I got in the pool twice to help stay cool. Thank goodness for air conditioning!

Lots of stuff to do at work this week. My team leader is on vacation so I'm doing his job and mine.

Loriann7
07-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Melanie.. you're so young... you really want to stay with a guy you don't trust?

Oh, I took it she didn't trust the bf's friend, the third party in the story! But then, she isn't trusting bf for him lying... sigh.

she's right, a strong relationship needs trust, but it also means both parties working together to understand one another and help one another understand where they are coming from. COMMUNICATION is key too any relationship. Him going to a store isn't what was bothering you, him lying about it was... Please read my above post!

Fat Melanie
07-28-2008, 12:53 PM

No, because I can't stand the feeling of mistrust, it's a source of anxiety... but I don't know how much of this is me being intuitive, or me being downright paranoid. I get paranoid because my last bf was in fact led astray by a recently single friend and they started having the time of their life.. leaving me at home to hit up the wet tshirt contests, strip clubs, oh, and other girls. ;) So I think because of that I am ultra paranoid... I think maybe if anything, it's my bf's friend who wants to go have fun as 'men' but my BF is trying to resist. At least, I hope he is. I dunno, I may just really be crazy paranoid. BF told me I need to see a counselor for it, only he calls it 'anxiety'.

SkinnyDogMom
07-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I've missed reading all the posts for close to a month now. We moved into the new house the first of June and the computer sat on the floor for about a month. We finally have it up at normal level on a makeshift desk.
I won't even try to read all the back posts, I think I'll just have to start with the current ones and move forward.
SBD has been a phase 2 to phase 3 for the past month also. Summer vacations and visitors...lots of excuses.
DH and I are back to phase 1 for 2 weeks to get back into the routine.
I love all the doggie pics here today! I'm a sucker for a furry face.
Nessa--I've never been able to keep up with the daily thread, but your participation on this forum is inspiring and you give great advice.
Have a lovely day everyone!
Karla

Fat Melanie
07-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Mel,

I'm sorry they lied. Your right, bf should of just told you he was going with his friend and then to work. And about the trip, perhaps there's a party or something going on in Raleigh, or a concert, or something, and perhaps the one friend has females involved, I don't know.

I understand your being upset, but I'm hoping you will hear me out. Beat him at his own game. You are going stir crazy being in the house all day. Is there a lake near you? A park, or something you would like to do come the weekend? Set it up.... sometime during the week mention ... "you know, I think going to the lake would be a good time.. maybe we can pack a picnic lunch, just the three of us, and go swimming." OR, if you have family, make plans with your sister or someone, about going on a family picnic.

What I'm getting at is instead of complaining how bored you are... that just tunes men out... MAKE SUGGESTIONS... in other words... don't make a problem bigger, figure out how to resolve the problem.

Maybe even find a baby sitter, and head out for a fish fry just the two of you! or a shopping trip with the th ree of you!

Hope you figure out how to explain to him you need to get out too!!!!!!

hugs hun!

Oh, I took it she didn't trust the bf's friend, the third party in the story! But then, she isn't trusting bf for him lying... sigh.

she's right, a strong relationship needs trust, but it also means both parties working together to understand one another and help one another understand where they are coming from. COMMUNICATION is key too any relationship. Him going to a store isn't what was bothering you, him lying about it was... Please read my above post!

Hi Loriann, no, you're both right, I don't trust both. I think it's maybe more of the friend I don't trust, but past factors also lead me to not trust BF at this moment. Normally I do... for the most part. heh. Oh, I am sooo definitely going stir crazy, you're right. Good suggestion, it's so much easier to deal with men when ya just tell them what you're gonna to do rather than complaining, cause then they're all like "uh huh, yes dear, no dear, yes dear..." and etc. And I've got a babysitter who is my best friend's mom and who loves my son and always wants to babysit for free... so that's what I don't understand, we could do something but he always has to be with his friend recently, working... (but apparently not always working!)... He even, when he goes to the local store to pick up his cigs or some soda or whatever, will pick up this particular friend "just for the ride"... I mean come on now! It's like... get un-joined at the hip! I was thinking just making plans with my best friend to hang out on the weekend while he goes and does "work, and miscellaneous" with friend, but she's going back to college soon and has been really busy, so... yeah. Your idea is great, I should just come up with a plan and then mention it to him. If he moans and groans and hestitates though, I guess that'll say a lot...

Thank you for understanding, when you said 'him going to a store isn't what was bothering you, him lying about it was," He doesn't get that, he says "christ, now I can't even go to the store?" And I'm like, that's not what it's about... Of course a woman would understand. :) Thanks for your reply. :)

Pearlrose
07-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Stephanie, my washer died on me as well on Saturday, got a call in to the appliance repair store but they cannot come until tomorrow.

zeffryn
07-28-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm fighting with my car dealership! I bought a Mazda cx-7 brand new a year ago and since then have brought it to the dealership no less than 10 times - with the same complaints, and nothing was done. They said they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

I also had to replace all 4 tires at 11k miles ($1200!!!) - and while the dealership said that the tires were fine, 4 other tire shops said that the wear patterns were very odd (even though the inflation was fine, alignment was fine, and they had been rotated at 5k intervals).

I've been trying to get ahold of both the gen. manager and the owner of the dealership for over a month. Nobody ever returns my calls. I finally had enough and called Mazda Corp. - they were very helpful. Created a file containing all of my complaints and things that I've had to pay to fix (tires, rental cars while the car was in the shop *not* being fixed) and said they would see to it that the car was taken care of, and this time either the owner or gen. manager would have to talk to me before the case file could be closed. If not, I could use it to build a case for a lemon.

I've already retained a lawyer on this - well, actually he is just our family's lawyer, but they don't know that. ;)

Unfortunately, we're leaving on Friday for vacation - and when we get back, we will be over the mileage limit for the bumper to bumper warranty. The rep from Mazda assured me that I would have a rental car this time - on the house.

rawr!

ladybugnessa
07-28-2008, 02:43 PM
don't lemon laws apply?

zeffryn
07-28-2008, 02:54 PM
They do....but I can't just bring the car back and tell them it is a lemon and expect my money back or a new car. They need to attempt to fix it a bunch of times and have the same problem happen.

In this case, every time I bring it in - they look at it for a few days and then tell me they can't find anything wrong with it. A**holes.

When I talked to Mazda Corp. today, he mentioned that filing this complaint with them was a critical step in the car being considered a lemon. Well....that and actually filing the lawsuit. I don't want to be dealing with this right now! I have other plans to worry about and I just can't be dealing with the lawyer filing suit and doing all that crap!

Why couldn't this have waited until September!

Belle Mer
07-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Maybe you could leave the car at home and rent a car for your vacation and give them the bill?

zeffryn
07-28-2008, 03:58 PM
That is exactly what I'm going to do Belle.

I talked to Mazda Corp. again, and said that I was taking the car in for service again today (this time the service manager wants to ride in the car with me *eyeroll*) and that I wasn't going to shell out the money for a rental this time. He told me that I wasn't going to have to, and he arranged for me to get whatever type of Mazda I wanted....I wanted the RX-8 badly (DH has one), but opted for the CX-9. I want to see how much I like the third row of seats.

Anyway, I told the Mazda Corp. guy that if my car wasn't fixed the way I wanted it by Friday - they were getting the bill for a rental for three weeks and ton of mileage.

Schmoodle
07-28-2008, 04:21 PM
zeff, where are you going on your trip?

choices
07-28-2008, 04:48 PM
I mentioned a wk.ago that I was getting my ducks in a row for sb,and here I am..YEA!;)well at least for now it's yea. I've been on this plan b4,and did good,and proceeded to phase 2,and somehow got messed up there...easy for me to do once the door was open to CARBS!...actually it wasn't carbs so much as it was fruit. So this yr. I decided ..to eat fruit all summer,(last fruit yesterday),it's gone out of the house,and my chick breasts have thawed.
I did look for a recipe from last yr. that was called WENDY'S CHILI,and it was so very good. I've looked this time,and can't find it. If someone could find it I would be grateful;) Thanks for being here,and for being so warm and helpful.:hug: Laters~Choices

Ruthxxx
07-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Found this recipe using search in here.
http://www.recipesource.com/misc/copycat/wendys/00/rec0017.html

There was some discussion a while ago about the recipe being Phase III in this thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80225&highlight=Wendy%27s+Chili) but I think it's adaptable to Phase I if you be sure to use lean beef. I'd eliminate the can of onion soup as I'm sure it's high salt and probably has HFCS and/or cornstarch.

Barb0522
07-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Actually, Ruth, it's one I posted and is a sticky in the phase 1 Soups and Stews section. Easy and totally on plan for phase 1.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61342

Kim_Star060404
07-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Ack! Girls, they're passing out plates of pineapple upside-down cake and butter pecan ice cream. It's enough to make me cuss, but I'll keep it clean for you! ;) I'm going to go get my yogurt and ignore the mmmm's. Sigh.

hmacneil6
07-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Kim - Hang in there!!! You can do it!

eawrigh1
07-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Stephanie--

Bf and I went to the race yesterday, too! And I must admit, terribly boring. I'm hoping the next time that we go to one, it will not be that bad...

Schmoodle
07-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Poor Kim, that is really not nice. :hug: Be strong!

cottagebythesea
07-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Awww, Kim, that has to be a true test of willpower! Just imagine that the cake is crawling with maggots and the pecans in the ice cream are cockroaches. ;)

Zeffryn, I hope your car problems are all straightened out before your trip! Did you say you were going to Minnesota? My dad's side of the family all live there, between the Winona - St. Charles - Rochester area. I also have relatives in Staples, Leader, and the Minneapolis area, too.

zeffryn
07-28-2008, 06:47 PM
zeff, where are you going on your trip?

Minnesota. My parents live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. We'll be gone for about 3 weeks.

Schmoo - I have family in the Rochester area as well.

All I have to say is I'm a moron. I forgot our insurance information at home - I brought the car binder in to study the warranty information, and forgot it on the counter when I left for the dealership. I wasn't able to get a rental, and instead just brought my car home. I'll bring it over there again tomorrow.

Thankfully the problems with the car aren't real threatening. I can still drive it safely and I don't think they are going to cause a breakdown....even if they do, we have roadside assistance through Mazda, our insurance AND AAA. If we do have to drive the car, it shouldn't be a problem. I did find out through Mazda Corp. that if I report a problem that is a warranty problem...there is a 5-6k grace period. I reported the problem today, and I'll bring it in again tomorrow. I'm going to insist the car is either finished or back in my hands on Friday - or they get the bill for a rental....and you better believe I'm getting a Mercedes. ;)

cocowgirl
07-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi beach buddies!
Sorry I wasnt on the last few days...I've been studying for my Medical coding and billing exam ...I take it on Aug 16th. Might not be on as much til then...But i will be on every wed for my weigh in to let you guys know how things are going.everyone have a great day..I'll try to be on when i can...

Sara
:carrot::broc:

ladybugnessa
07-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Ack! Girls, they're passing out plates of pineapple upside-down cake and butter pecan ice cream. It's enough to make me cuss, but I'll keep it clean for you! ;) I'm going to go get my yogurt and ignore the mmmm's. Sigh.

so how did it go?

Kim_Star060404
07-28-2008, 09:06 PM
It went well. Someone actually put a plate on my desk when I went to the bathroom, but I took it and put it back into the break room. Had my yogurt and ignored the sounds and smells. Yay me!

Thanks for all the encouragement!

Fat Melanie
07-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Aww, man.. right now we're so dissapointed. (I know all I do is vent and complain but I can't help it... heh. Sorry.)

Ex-wife called today when BF was at work, said the lawyer decided they will have to find another lawyer to represent them because he doesn't feel he can win the case, the judges will favor BF's mother because of how DL (Dumb@ss Lawyer) screwed up and presented the case in front of that judge who wasn't aware of the temporary custody thing in place... DL said he already has talked to two judges who said they will automatically side with bf's mom just based on that screw up.. . how can that be fair or reasonable? It looks like they'll never get to see their daughter now, nor will my son get to grow up with his sister, nor will ex-wife's kids get to grow up with their sister. This lawyer was dirt cheap and we see why... because he's a @#%@ing idiot! This is so ridiculous, do parents not have rights anymore? Apparently not in this county, where lawyers and judges are shady and everyone makes their own rules.

I know she's not my daughter, but I am damned crestfallen about this too. It's just not right, it's just not ... just!

Anyway, cooking chicken in a nonstick skillet to have a big salad for dinner. This is day 14 of phase 1.

Hope everyone is doing fine, sounds like Kimstar did well resisting temptation with all that tempting stuff.

Fat Melanie
07-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Kimstar, I know where you're coming from... (regarding the ackkk!) I lost my appetite today (something that rarely happens) and now I'm making my dinner. Rooting through the fridge to find the smart balance, I see some cherry turnovers that BF got the other day... and I was right then so tempted to just take one and eat it. But I told myself, no. And refrained from eating it. That's what happens when I miss a meal!

weezle
07-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Since we're all sharing puppy pics, thought I'd introduce you all to mine.
Pocket is the chocolate brown and Lint is the dapple.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! WEENIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zeffryn
07-28-2008, 09:54 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! WEENIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:devil:

bad thoughts bad thought bad thoughts

Kim_Star060404
07-28-2008, 10:06 PM

bad thoughts bad thought bad thoughts

:rofl: :rofl:

zeffryn
07-28-2008, 10:11 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

DH <3 pregnancy. :o

zeffryn
07-28-2008, 10:18 PM
I love bloggy giveaways! I'm 34 entries in on 539 total giveaways....this is going to take me the rest of the week!

zeffryn
07-28-2008, 10:46 PM
I made cupcakes. Chocolate. With toffee almond chocolate pieces hidden inside.

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

In fact, just forget that you read that.

really.

Fat Melanie
07-28-2008, 11:13 PM
Oh no you diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiih-inttttttttttt!

Now, I'm drooling.