100 lb. Club - Menu/Accountability/Daily Plans for week of July 28 - August 3.

Beverlyjoy
07-28-2008, 05:06 AM
Hi! Here's a place to post your daily menu or plans, have some accountability or just get some extra support. Join right in.

Beverlyjoy
07-28-2008, 05:10 AM
Hi chicks...I had a great day on plan yesterday - I am grateful. :) Hopefully, when I weigh in this week I'll get to move my ticker.

working
stretches
meditation
log food and values
lots of water
PMA

breakfast - open face turkey with mayo on whole wheat bread, applesauce
lunch - cottage cheese, sweet potato , spinach
snack - yogurt
dinner - grilled steak, brown rice, salad
snack - oatmeal with almond butter, raisins, cinn., and milk - yum

Schmoodle...sounds like you are getting back into the 'swing' of things. Ah - going back to work...reality strikes.:dizzy:

Shout out to Rhonda, MJ, Cajun Catholic, merskie, sparklemagic, noranoranora and anyone else that stops by.

Have a great day everyone.

Schmoodle
07-28-2008, 08:46 AM
Hi BeverlyJoy and other accountability chicks to come!
It is a lovely cool morning here and I've got all the windows open, enjoying the breeze. Back to work today, very sad, but at the same time kind of glad to get back into the routine. I am a creature of habit definitely. If it warms up enough we may go to the pool later, and I hope to get some errands run to buy vacuum bags and other necessities. The kids MUST clean the hamster cages, so I will have to supervise that as they need a good scrubbing this time. Ah, the glamour and excitement...

My plan today? you ask, here it is!
B: hardboiled egg, coffee with milk
S: chocolate cheesecake smoothie
L: salmon over salad, bean brownie
S: latte, refried beans with salsa and cheese
D: Chicken Divan, fudgesicle
S: Greek yogurt

Have a good one chicks!

Slashnl
07-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Hey guys, I was posting awhile back and somehow drifted away. Well, I've drifted so much that I am right back to where I started over a year ago. Darn it! I've already come to grips with that and I've beaten myself up enough for now, so I'd like to come back and join you. I usually weigh myself once a week and I knew I hadn't for awhile, so when I went to write it down in my book, I realized that the last time I weighed myself was June 9th. Hmmm, do you think that maybe that's why weight came back on? If you don't check it... it must not be happening... right??

I hope it is ok to join in with you guys! (I'll just assume it is, unless you ask me to leave!! Ha!)

I walked this morning and have been on plan with food. Now I'm working on getting in the rest of my water.

SunshineCA
07-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Here's what I had today:

Breakfast: Oatmeal, a boiled egg and a V-8.

AM Snack: Turkey Roll Ups with Cilantro Mayo (from the South Beach Diet Book)

Lunch: Grilled Tilapia leftovers in a Whole Wheat Tortilla

PM Snack: Raw Broccoli Spears with Leftover Cilantro Mayo

Dinner: Pork Scaloppine with Herbs (from the Quick & Easy South Beach Cookbook), tossed salad, string beans and Chicken & Herb Classico (a Rice-A-Roni Whole Grain Blends with whole grain brown rice, pearled barley and pearled wheat.)

Dessert: I didn't have any but there was Sugar-Free Jell-O available for those who chose to partake.

Goldana
07-29-2008, 12:50 AM
Here is what I had today:
Breakfast - plain low fat yogurt with a handful of unsweetened mixed berries stirred in.
Lunch - lean pork cutlet (glazed with honey and balsamic vinegar), beets, and zucchini sauteed in olive oil.
Snack - a small kidney bean salad.
Dinner - romaine lettuce salad with cucumbers and fresh mushrooms with an olive oil Italian dressing.
Snack - a low calorie/fat ice cream bar.

Beverlyjoy
07-29-2008, 05:11 AM
Hi Chickies....finally...this old body of mine let go of a pound. :D One pound equals four sticks of butter and I'll take it. I am so happy. And...now I am only one pound away from my next mini goal. :D

DH brought candy and ice cream into the house Sunday night. :dizzy: I ended up eating some of this stuff and counting it it....but, I it wasn't planned. It's time for one of our 'little talks' again. If he wants ice cream - buy an ice cream bar...if he wants candy - buy a candy bar. Then, let them be GONE ...when his treat is over. I plan to eat treats often...but, don't do well with certain foods in the house.

for today
working
lots of water
stretches
meditation
PMA - positive mental attitude

breakfast - Kashi waffle, natural peanut butter, pear
snack - lfns latte
lunch -open face turkey and lite cheese, brocolli
snack - yogurt, lite cheese
dinner - 12 grain pancake, sf syrup, boca bacon, steamed spinach
snack - oatmeal, cinn, almond butter, raisins, skim milk

Schmoodle - hope your first day back at work went well. :) I bet the hamsters are happy, too. ;)

Diane - Welcome back! :D Of course you can join in...glad to hear you got your walk in.

sunshine - your plan looks so yummy! :)

goldanna - Hi! ...great plan. :)

Have a good day, folks!

Slashnl
07-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Yesterday was a good on plan day. I've started today with exercise and I'm making a salad to take for lunch. Breakfast will be hard boiled eggs and a glass of V8 (I love the stuff). I'm having a little trouble with dinner because my son's football practice goes from 5:30-7:30. We ate late last night. I hate that. As much as I like to have us all eat together, I'm not sure if this is wise for me.

mj5
07-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi everyone! I only have a minute, we are about to head out to the farmer's market...hope I can find lots of good veggies! I'll get caught up later.

I am down 1lb. YIPPEE!!!

Schmoodle
07-29-2008, 09:56 AM
This must be the day of the pound! My scale was teasing me with 181 this morning. I will wait until official weigh-in at the end of the week before I change the ticker though. But that is a new low, so I'm pretty excited to be getting so close to the 170's and also to not have to be trying to take off any vacation weight! Not much going on around here besides work. DD1 is babysitting her boss's kid here today, he's about 2YO I think and a really cute little guy. So far he has been no trouble.
Glad to see so many posts this morning! Things seemed to be pretty quiet around here since I've been back.

Beverlyjoy, the hammies do look pretty happy today. We ended up with 4 after DD's hamster had babies, we found homes for all the rest and kept the favorites. And they all have to have their own cages. When we went on vacation, they brought them down into the office to make it easier for the friend that was coming to feed them, so DD made Hamster Alley, which she calls Running Wheel Pike in Hammimore. And they haven't moved out yet, so I have been watching them during the day as I work. They are pretty funny and interesting little animals. Never thought much of rodents as pets, but these guys do have their own little personalities, it seems.

2 good PH1 days under my belt, and here's to another!
B: Salmon and Swiss omelet, coffee with milk
S: V8, cottage cheese and cucumber
L: Pseudo taco salad (beans, salsa, cheese, nonfat sour cream, avocado over lettuce), fudgesicle
S: latte, bean brownie
D: Leftover chicken divan
S: fudgesicle, Greek yogurt if I want it

Good luck at the farmer's market, mj. Hope you find some veggie treasures.
Welcome back Slashni! :hug:
Nice to "meet" you Goldana.
Great SB menu you've got there sunshine.

GirlyGirlSebas
07-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Good morning, Friends!

I just realized that I forgot to post yesterday. After no movement on the scales last week, this week I managed a 1.8 pound loss. I'll take it.:D

Diane - I'm so glad you decided to start posting with us again. You can do this!
MJ - Congratulations on your loss!
Mathpuppy....where are you? Come back home, girlfriend! Darkblue? Where are you? Come out of hiding and play with us.:D
A big 'Hello' to Beverly, Sunshine, Goldana and Schmoodle.

Today is on-plan day 22 for me and I'm feeling great! My energy level is high and my thought processes are clear. Purging my body of refined sugars has worked some miracles. This is week 2 of my modified C25K program. For 60 minutes, I wog for 45 seconds followed by 4:15 walks. My stamina has improved greatly from the beginning of last week. In 3 months, I should be running for the whole hour. I can't wait!

Each week, our family has been trying new veggies and fruits. Last night, we had roasted Japanese eggplant. It was really good! No bitter taste at all. We also tried a recipe for red cabbage with apples. Hubby and I loved it...the kids thought it was gross. We're going to keep cooking it and the kids have to have at least one bite each time. Hopefully, they'll develop a taste for it. If not, at least we tried.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Goldana
07-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks Beverly, I'm trying! :)

And it is very nice to "meet" you as well Schmoodle! :)

And hello GirlyGirlSebas! :)

I didn't do as great as I wanted to today because it was a hectic day (which is rare for me). Here it is *gulp*:

Breakfast - one plain low fat yogurt
Lunch - two wedges of cantaloupe and *gasp* three...yes THREE containers (1 serving size) of light iced coffee (which promptly gave me a huge bellyache). Serves me right!
Snack - *double gasp* two small scoops of pistachio ice cream (in a cup, without the cone) from an ice cream stand.
Dinner - My own little creation: grilled chicken breast, zucchini, green beans, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic sauteed in olive oil. I made a huge batch hoping to save some for lunches, etc. and then my two daughters ate the rest of it out of the pan! :dizzy:
Snack - I don't think I will have one today, my creation filled me up really good.

It was the first time I went a little off track with the ice cream and I probably should have had only one container of light iced coffee...but, it was hard to resist because everyone else got ice cream and they had no light ice cream at the stand. The good thing is that I hope I worked it off because I did some water aerobics in the pool today!
Tomorrow will be better, I promise. :D

mj5
07-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Schmoodle--The mornings have been nice and cool here too--I LOVE having the windows open! I'm w/ you, I love my vacation time, but I am such a creature of habit--I do MUCH better w/ my routine.

Diane--Welcome back!

sunshineca and goldana--Welcome!

Beverlyjoy--yippee--Down a pound, me too! I love the 4 sticks of butter analogy! Ugh, candy and ice cream?! YIKES! Hope the talk goes well. I can't have certain things in the house either. I was really tested today--we were at the store w/ the BEST soft ice cream. I had to leave quickly before one of us suggested we 'treat' ourselves!

Rhonda--Great job! I think it's awesome that you are trying so many new things.

We found some great stuff at the farmers market, guess I'll actually have to cook tonight! LOL!

KimL1214
07-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Okay, so I don't have a computer at home, but want to try keeping track on here as well as in my journal... that way, I'll feel like someone else is actually helping me keep track. Please help with any ideas...
So my plan is to keep track of physical activity and food, slowly getting more critical of everything until I'm eating healthier and exercising regularly...
Sound good?

SunshineCA
07-29-2008, 10:20 PM
sunshine - your plan looks so yummy! :)

Thanks! :)

Breakfast: Oatmeal with Cinnamon, 1/2 grapefruit and water.

AM Snack: Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese Stick

Lunch: Mc Donald's Grilled Chicken Salad. (Picked through that as eating a salad with leftover pork scallopine was the original plan but my DD, her friends and my little DS beat me down and twisted my arm. Ordered a Diet Coke but poured that out as it was gross and syrupy. Blech! I'm so used to water.)

PM Snack: A couple of pieces of grapefruit. (Wasn't too hungry. Must've been the Mc Donald's.)

Dinner: If I ever get my arse off the computer, I'm preparing Shrimp Stir-Fry, brown rice, tossed salad and fresh fruit. For those who can't wait, eat leftovers. ;)

Thanks for the welcome MJ5! :)

jennisue
07-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Hi All,

I weigh in tommrow morning-- I am hoping that its a good week-- should I work out before or after I weigh in-- Does it make a difference?

B-Egg White omlet w/low fat cheese
s- Apple
L-Turkey roll ups
D-Bison Burger

Thanks All-

Jen

Darkblue
07-29-2008, 11:36 PM
*waves at Rhonda* I'm in calorie **** right now, on day two of a trip, having to eat out, already not happy with myself. *bangs head into wall* I cannot eat out, it's so bad for me, and there's really no choice right now.

Beverlyjoy
07-30-2008, 06:02 AM
Hi chicks...yesterday - my plan changed during the day - but, I still stayed in my calorie range :)...I am grateful. My neighbor made this wonderful bourbon slush. We were all sitting around watching the children play and chatting - I only had a couple of sips and was proud that's all I did. Got in my stretches, meditation, and water and logged my food.:)

Thanks for all your hoorays in regards to me finally losing another pound. :D

Today-

- working morning and evening (tonight at the Zoo at 6pm)
- stretches
- lots of water
- journal and log food
- meditation
- positive mental attitude

breakfast - oatmeal with almond butter, raisins, cinn. milk, hb egg whites with a touch of salt
lunch - tuna salad sandwich, spaghetti squash and parm.
snack - applesauce, crackers
dinner - small supper at 4:30 to eat before I go to zoo - peanut butter and honey sandwich
snack - cinnimmon toast, slice of lf cheese

Hi Kim - Welcome! Your plans sounds great. Using a critical eye to help plan your food is good.

Mj - SO glad you are down a pound. :cp: I am glad you found goodies at the farmer's market. This time of year, especially, local produce tastes so good. Any special plans for your vacation at home?

Rhonda - Hooray...finally - the scales are saying what you dearly deserve. Whoopeee! :bravo: Plus 22 days OP is a major accomplishment! :D

Schmoodle - it's wonderful that you have no vacation weight to take off! :) I never thought of Hamsters having personalities! I would suppose they do. I bet the kid love them. You are so close to the 170's - go girl! :cb:

Slashnl - good plan - it's great you're making a salad to take to work. I agree - plannning ahead is key! :)

Goldana - your dinner creation sounds yummy :) ...it's nice that your daughters liked it too - but, now you'll have to make more. Don't fret about the ice cream - and that you ate a healthy supper dispite the unplanned ice cream is a good accomplishment.

Darkblue - HI...enjoy your trip. :) Make the best choices you can and carry on. So glad you posted.

Jenniesue - HI...nice plan. I've never had a bison burger. Sounds good...I've heard they are tasty and low fat too. :)

Sunshine - sounds like you did well at McD's. Life gives us so many challenges...good for you. :D

Have a good day everyone.

Schmoodle
07-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Good morning chicks,
Just the usual again around here. work, bored kids, warmer and sticky today. DD is getting ready to go to the movies with a friend, DS still sleeping (he gets very lazy in the summer, practicing to be a teen, I guess).
Having two on-plan days feels great, here's the plan for day #3:
B: zucchini-egg scramble, coffee with milk
S: chocolate cheesecake smoothie
L: chicken divan
S: raw zucchini spears with hummus, latte
D: Cincinnati chili, salad
S: bean brownie

Beverly, bourbon slushes are so yummy! Great job resisting!
Hi Jen!
darkblue, I hate eating out, so easy to ruin a good plan.
Kim, sounds great, small changes over time make a big difference!
sunshine, bet you wished you had your pork instead, I'm sure it was more yum.
Rhonda, you are on a roll. Trying new stuff is so fun, even if the kids don't always think so.
mj, what yummy veggies did you find?
goldana, I'm sure you'll do well today.

Lyn2007
07-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Hm, what an interesting thread you have going here. Maybe I can join in? I am thinking I need a bit more accountability in my life. And all your menus look fantastic. Great inspiration!

Last night I made fresh wild salmon on a cedar plank on the grill, with a side of sauteed baby squash, and steamed green beans. Cheesey rice for the kids, half a slice of whole wheat bread with butter for me.

Schmoodle
07-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Hi Lyn! Happy to see you on the accountability thread. I visit your blog almost every day, love it! :) Did you notice that I am making your Cincinnati chili for dinner tonight? I don't usually make chili in the summer, but why not? I love it, but my kids usually reject it, so I am hoping since your recipe doesn't have any visible veggies, they will eat it. I'll let you know how it goes. Anyway, thanks for the recipe!

Update: The chili was really good, and most amazingly both of my younger kids ate it. One thought it was "great" and one "okay", but both ate it! Eldest DD wasn't around, but she is very picky and 21YO so that is her problem, not mine.

mj5
07-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Hi everyone! I'll catch up tomorrow. We spent the day having an 'adventure'...went to some antique stores, did some shopping, we had a lot of fun!

GirlyGirlSebas
07-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Hi Friends!

Today was on-plan day...hmmmmm...23! I had to check the calendar. The scales have finally decided to cooperate with me and my modified C25K is going well. Hubby and I are looking into joining a local gym. I may be able to do that in the next 2-3 weeks. I'm looking forward to doing some weight training so that the inches drop. And, they have spinning classes! I might get brave and give those a shot.

Lynn - Welcome! We love have new accountability partners around here.
Darkblue - I can sense your frustration. Some things are beyond our control. Just do the best you can and be kind to yourself.:hug:

I have a great NSV. About 6 months ago, I was really excited to buy smaller jeans and tops. However, I only managed to wear them for a 3 or 4 months before I grown too big for them. Well, last night...I put those smaller jeans and a smaller top on and wore them to the store.:D

Hope everyone has a nice restful night.

Goldana
07-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Thanks everyone for saying hi and the words of encouragement! :)
This is what I had today (and it was a little better than yesterday!):

Breakfast - One low fat yogurt with a cup of unsweetened coffee.
Lunch - Fresh pineapple and a banana-skim milk-low fat yogurt smoothie.
Dinner - Lamb's lettuce salad with cucumbers, fresh mushrooms, chicken, and balsamic dressing.
Snack - One low fat/cal ice cream bar.

I had a real craving for dairy like foods today so, I just went with it. I also nordic walked for 15 minutes (I got tired, I didn't push myself).
We will see what tomorrow brings!
Good luck staying on plan everyone! :)

Beverlyjoy
07-31-2008, 04:33 AM
Hi folks...I stayed with my plan yesterday :) - I am grateful. I didn't quite get enough water in..but, I"ll get there today.

Yesterday I had around twenty friends with kids and grandkids come to hear my stories at the zoo. It was fun to see them there. :) It was family night at the zoo.

Here's my plan for today:

working in the morning
log my food and food values
stretches
meditation (done!)
lots of water - didn't quite get enough yesterday

breakfast - oatmeal, banana, almond butter, milk, egg whites - hard boiled
lunch - egg white and banana pepper sandwich with lite cheese, squash
snack - yogurt, pear
dinner - 12 grain pancake, sf syrup, boca bacon, spinach
snack - lite cheese, crackers

Goldana - sounds like a great day! :

Rhonda - 26 days OP and your skinnier jeans...awesome! :D

Lyn - Welcome to this thread. Please, join right in. Putting down my menu, planning and some accountability helps me alot. Your salmon sounds deeelish.

Mj - did you get any goodies antiquing?

Schmoodle - so glad the kids like the chili. Great plan.

Have a great day, folks. Treat yourself as well as you'd treat a good friend.

Schmoodle
07-31-2008, 07:29 AM
Aloha chicks,
Dreary Thursday morning here, good day to work, I guess!
Other than that the kids have horseback riding this evening, but looks like no pool, since it is supposed to storm on and off. Which means I'll have to motivate myself to do a WATP or something. Things are going very well this week and I'm hoping to round out the month with a loss for a change.
Today's plan:
B: chocolate cheesecake smoothie, coffee with milk
S: raw zuke and hummus, V8
L: chili dog salad (with Hebrew National fat free dog), fudgesicle
S: latte and a piece of reduced fat cheese, raw cuke and onion salad
D: chicken divan
S: bean brownie

Great plan Beverly Joy, your sandwich sounds yummy! Wish we were close enough to come and hear your storytelling. What a great job.
goldana, sounds like you are doing fine.
Rhonda, clothes NSVs are the best. Congrats on being on plan for so long and reaping the rewards! You have really stuck with it through the tough times and you deserve it.
mj, what did you buy? We've got a big antiques market nearby and I've been wanting to get up there. I want an antique oak dresser for my room and my DS does not have a closet in his room, so I want to find him a nice armoire. I've got a nice old house and my plan is to eventually fill it with nice old stuff.

Slashnl
07-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Sounds like everyone is doing well! Glad to hear it. Rhonda, it is so great when clothes that were too tight start fitting again! Awesome.
I'm doing pretty good, too, except that I overslept and didn't get in my exercise yet today. It is always so hot after work, but I'll try to get it in anyway.

mj5
07-31-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry I have not been around much! I WILL catch up soon! We didn't find much yesterday, but we did some more shopping today and went to one antique shop--I hit the jackpot! I collect Fiestaware and I was able to get a box full of great pieces--mostly plates in colors that I don't already have for a really low price. I am SO happy! I can't wait to wash it and put it in the cupboard. Yes, that's right...I use it. I mix it in w/ my 'new' pieces (and I don't have many b/c it's expensive), but I LOVE it and I can't see having it sit in the china cabinet to look at. Granted, I am very careful w/ it, but we deserve to eat off pretty plates! Plus, many of the plates I have are lunch plates and are smaller--which is great for portion control!

Goldana
07-31-2008, 11:35 PM
Sounds like everyone is doing great!
Mj5 - I love antique shopping as well :) Nothing like owning a piece of history.

Here is what I had today:
Breakfast - 1 small wedge of honey melon, 1 banana, and a cup of unsweetened coffee.
Lunch - romaine lettuce salad with cucumbers, kidney beans, and balsamic vinegar.
Snack - skim milk/banana smoothie.
Dinner - Another creation of zucchini, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, green beans, tomatoes, and garlic.
Snack - low fat/calorie ice cream bar.

My babies (7+8 years old) are going on vacation tomorrow with their grandmother for one week. Oooh, I'm going to miss them! :(
But, hubby and I are going to take a cruise ship down the river here and get in some mountain hiking this week while they are away! There is always a bonus side :)
Good luck everyone! Stay on plan!

Beverlyjoy
08-01-2008, 04:50 AM
Hi Chickeroo's - I had a good day OP yesterday - I am grateful.

Today is a day to work in my office and a doctor's appt. (I've had constant stomach aches on and off for about three months - time to get it checked)We are going to our cousin's tonight for dinner and movies. She's doing the Atkin's diet...so, it will be steak. I am bringing a salad and some crusty bread. Works for me!

Today -
breakfast - cottage cheese and 1/2 banana, pnb toast
snack -latte
lunch - egg white salad sandwich, spaghetti squash and parm cheese
snack - yogurt and fruit
dinner - steak, salad, bread & rice
snack - lite cheese and fruit

Goldana - good plan! It's hard when the kids leave - I remember from when my son would go to Grandma and Grandpa's. Have a wonderful trip.

MJ - enjoy your new Fiesta Ware. Yes, you are absolutely right that you all deserve to eat on pretty dishes!

Slashnl - hope you had a good day!

Schmoodle - great plan. I've heard that the Hebrew National FF Hot Dogs are good. (I know that the full fat ones are the best!) I'll have to give them a try.

Schmoodle
08-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Happy Friday chicks and Not-so-happy first day of August, can you believe it?!?! I don't know where July has gone. I lost 2 lbs in July though. Not stellar, but I'll take it, after being plateaued for two months.
My plan for the day:
B: cottage cheese with grape tomatoes and cucumber, coffee with milk
S: raw zucchinni with hummus, V8
L: Chili, fudgesicle
S: skim latte, hard boiled egg
D: chicken divan, salad
S: Greek yogurt
I love that chicken divan, but with DH gone, those leftovers have lasted all week and I'm pretty sick of it now.

Beverly, it was actually the 97% fat free ones. I try not to eat them too often but they are good and satisfy a hot dog craving for only about 45 calories each.
Have a great day slashni!
mj, great find! I love fiestaware, but don't have too much of it. I have more of the Fire King Jadeite that I bought a long time ago at yard sales before Martha Stewart made it so popular. Some of the large mixing bowls I got for 25 cents are now selling for $60 - $80! Crazy, makes me afraid to use it or let the kids touch it, but then what is the point? I like old stuff I can use, not old stuff I can't touch. DH chooses not to touch it though because he broke one last year and I grieved for days. The fiestaware factory is a day trip from me, and I need new dishes, so I keep threatening DH that I'm going to go out there one weekend and buy myself a set.

Hope you all have a great weekend planned! Just the usual around here, errands, housework, swimming and maybe a movie.

SunshineCA
08-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Sunshine - sounds like you did well at McD's. Life gives us so many challenges...good for you. :D

Thanks! :)

SunshineCA
08-01-2008, 09:49 AM
sunshine, bet you wished you had your pork instead, I'm sure it was more yum.

Definitely! :)

belezura
08-01-2008, 02:07 PM
I am going to post my plan from yesterday, because today isn’t finished yet...but I am sure I’ll be OP :)

Breakfast: one bowl of oatmeal (100% whole grain)
AM Snack: one cheese string
Lunch: Salad + Vegetables with one “Turkey/bacon medallion”, from Aldis!!! :^:
PM Snack: 30 pistachios
Snack before gym: 1 apple
Dinner: Salad + veggies and 2 lean beefs and onions (fried on olive oil)=delicious!!!
half cantaloupe (almost the whole thing—but I managed to stop, sometimes I can’t though):D

KimL1214
08-01-2008, 05:01 PM
So far so good, have walked every day and plan on walking after din tonight. BF kills me though, he bought a BBQ Chicken Pizza the other night. I was able to restrain myself to pieces night before last and one piece today for lunch... he doesn't get it...

SunshineCA
08-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Tonight I prepared:

~Turkey Spaghetti

~Tossed Salad

~Whole Wheat Garlic Toast

~Dessert for those who want it. ;)

Beverlyjoy
08-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Hi chickies! Yesterday went well with my food - I am grateful. We ate at my cousin's last night and then watched a movie. (the Bank Job -it was good) On the way home my DH said, "You did great with your food tonight.". It's nice to know that he noticed my efforts.

Today:

I need to finish tidying up my office and do some office work

lots of water
stretches
log food
PMA
meditation

breakfast - oatmeal with 1/2 banana, almond butter, cinnomon, and milk
lunch - cottage cheese with tomatoes, squash, sweet potato
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner - grilled chicken, salad, garlic bread
snack - cheese and crackers

Hi Sunshine - great menu!

Kim - good job on all of your positive accomplishments - especially staying out of that pizza!

Belezura - you are doing great - keep up the good work.

Hi SunshineCA - hope all is going well.

Schmoodle - two pounds is slow...but, remember that's eight sticks of butter GONE. I am losing so slow too. It's taken me 4 months to lose these last ten pounds. It's not like I am close to me goal, either. But, it is what it is. So, together...like a turtle...we will move forward together. You are doing well, friend!

Shout out to Rhonda, MJ, Lynn, Darkblue, Jennie, Goldana, Slashnl and anyone else that stops by.

Have a great day.

mj5
08-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Good Morning! I have to take the dogs to the 'spa' LOL! That's where we tell them they are going....they are going to get a bath and their nails clipped. They look SO pretty when they are done. They are actually white again (well, the parts of them that are supposed to be white anyway).

Kim--I think you have a great plan. Great job getting your walking in and restraining w/ the pizza!

SunshineCA--Great job at McD!!!!

jennisue--Welcome!

Darkblue--How are you doing? Hang in there!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Mmm, that slush sounds really good! We just kind of played it by ear. It was nice not to feel rushed for a change! How did your appt go?

Schmoodle--We found some tomatoes, yellow beans, cucumbers, corn, and I can't remember what else right now...it's all local and SO good! Oh, I am SO jealous! I would love to have a whole set of Fiestaware, although, I'm getting close! Our 'other' dishes are all white, so it's pretty cool so mix in the different colors. I know, I totally cringe when mine get stacked 'wrong' (in my opinion) and would probably cry if any broke, but I do use it--I figure what's the point of having it sit collecting dust?

Lyn2007--Welcome!

Rhonda--You are doing fantastic!!!

Goldana--Great job! Your trip sounds fun.

Diane--Did you get your exercise in? I have been slacking big time since being on vacation!

belezura--Welcome!

I cannot believe it's August already! Tonight is my class reunion. I have to admit, I'm nervous and excited! It will be fun, though. Ok, I have to get going. Have a great on plan day!

Schmoodle
08-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Hi chicks I have been running around all day, and so have had a weird food day so far. Not off-plan but need to get some more veggies in there and have a good snack this afternoon so I'm not starving later.
Here's the plan:
B: Veggie omelet and coffee
L: shrimp cocktail, fudgesicle
S: latte, grape tomatoes, black beans with salsa and cheese
D: Chicken cheesesteak saute, steamed green beans, insalata caprese
S: V8, yogurt with fruit

mj, have a wonderful reunion tonight!
Beverlyjoy, thanks for the pep talk. I think I am in one of those phases when I am not actively losing but things are "rearranging", because I have gotten several nice comments on my weight loss this week and also noticed that my size 16 jeans are starting to get baggy.
Good job keeping up with the walking Kim.
turkey spaghetti, yum sunshine!
belezura those turkey mignons are good. I've got a bag in the freezer right now. Big Aldi's fan here, I was just there this morning.

I had a nice morning out with my buddy, we had breakfast at the Pa Dutch market and hit the farmer's market and then the Gap. They were having a great sale, so I scored a bunch of clothes cheap and was pleased to discover I am a 14/L at the Gap, no Xs anywhere!
Oh no, it's clouding up here and I think I heard a rumble. I wanted to head for the pool soon. :( Hope it passes over quickly! I'd better get the clothes in off the line. Have a great day chicks!

Beverlyjoy
08-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Hi friends....yesterday, I stayed on plan - I am grateful. In the afternoon, DH suggested we go out to dinner to Bravo. Our son gave him a gift card for Father's Day. I went online and found a beautiful salad with salmon cooked on a cedar plank. I told them to hold the feta cheese and potato straws. It felt good to go in and already know what I was going to eat. The balsamic dressing was good.

I've had a good solid week on food sanity and on plan days...I hope when I weigh next week - the scale will be smiling.

For today:
office work today
meditation (done!)
stretches (done!)
lots of water
log food
PMA

breakfast - cottage cheese and 1/2 banana, pnb toast
snack - latte
lunch - egg white salad sandwich, green breans
snack - yogurt, cherries
dinner - veggie burger with lite cheese on lite bun, squash
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, raisins, cinnomon, milk

Schmoodle - your plan looks good. It's wonderful to get things at a great price!! Fun.

Mj - How was your class reunion? I bet the doggies look so purdy.

Have a great day, everyone!

mj5
08-03-2008, 08:40 AM
Good Morning!

Schmoodle--14 at the Gap! Fantastic!

Beverlyjoy--Good for you for planning ahead for dinner! Yes, the dogs look (and smell!) great!

The reunion was a lot of fun! I was a little surprised, actually. Not sure why, but I was. One girl totally didn't recognize me (although I really don't look that different). Once she realized who I was, she kept telling me how fantastic I look--my hair, that I have been working out, etc--nice ego boost! One funny thing happened....two of my former classmates live right down the road from me. They kept telling everyone how they see me outside all the time w/ the dogs...no big deal, right? No, except I take the dogs outside in my pj's all the time...so who knows what they have seen me outside in! Oops!

And to top it off...I am down another pound. I am not sure exactly how, I have been really slacking w/ exercise since being on vacation. That will all change tomorrow--gym bag is already packed and mp3 player is fully charged!!

Have a great on plan day!

Schmoodle
08-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Good morning Beverly, you are doing so well! I love going out to eat knowing in advance what I will order and not even looking at the menu to tempt myself. Hooray for online menus!
I was on plan yesterday, didn't have my evening snack because I didn't need to. I did take a lick of DS's ice cream cone. I was carrying it home and it got drippy, so I "had" to. :D I still consider it an on-plan day!
Happy Sunday to all the accountability chickies!
We had some bad storms roll through here yesterday afternoon, so our pool and outdoor movie plans fell through. Maybe today...
And speaking of today:
B: lean ham slice with sliced tomatoes, coffee with ff half & half
S: raw zucchini with hummus
L: insalata caprese, steamed green beans, NSA fudgesicle
S: latte, 2 peanut butter "cookies"
D: tuna steak, "fried" eggplant
S: Greek yogurt with peaches and cinnamon

Have a great day chicks!

Hi mj, we were simulposting! Glad you had a nice time at your reunion! And congrats on the pound and the nice comments.

SunshineCA
08-04-2008, 01:59 AM
Thanks for the well wishes guys! :)

Today I woke up a little late. Well, I was up but my DH and I had "breakfast in bed" like at 5:30am until like whenever. ;)

I didn't eat anything until after 12pm. I had leftover whole wheat turkey spaghetti.

I stayed true to plan despite the late start.

For snack I had 1/2 a whole wheat English Muffin with peanut butter and an apple.

For dinner I prepared Pork Cutlets with Lemon, Red Onion and Rosemary (page 226 in the Quick and Easy South Beach Cookbook). It actually calls for oranges but I didn't have any, didn't want to go to the supermarket so I went with what I had available, lemons. It was absolutely delish!! :D With that I prepared brown rice, a tossed salad and mixed vegetables. No dessert tonight.