Support Groups - Chatting Still (August)

View Full Version : Chatting Still (August)

lofgrenb
07-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Alright Brie... i went ahead and did it. Where's Renee?

How's the diet going? Don't know if you read on the other one but I want the link and password to the password protected site. I just want to see it. I have 10 days left and may take a hiatus from there until we're TTC again. I may just buy the cheap one though.

bluebrie
07-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Beth, the password info was all on ff, so I no longer have it. You know we can start our own buddy group....if R ever comes or we can just think of a cute name for us and others can join....Reluctantly Reducing or something goofy like that.

Hey, you can put your membership on hold until you start ttc again, and then you can pay for the vip. That's an idea, then you won't lose any charts.

bluebrie
07-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Ok, I exercised today at least....30 min on the eliptical on that hard level.

But, I also ate spaghetti. So, a good and bad day.

lofgrenb
07-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Well you did better than me though I'm thinking of heading to the gym. Argh. I hate this part of the day where I know I need to go, but I'm tired. I ate a baked potato with grilled chicken and then blew it out with 4 pieces of thin veggie pizza. Need to go tally the points but thought I'd exercise first.

I was 160.0 this morning. At least any move down is 150s.

Darn on the password board. But it's alright. I'll be honest with you. I find ovusoft to be a smarter bunch than FF though I don't post as much as I do on FF. I have a friend in real life on ovusoft and I don't want to get too personal... LOL

bluebrie
07-28-2008, 08:23 PM
what is ovusoft? Never heard of it. Did you see what I wrote about making a group name?

It doesn't seem like Renee is coming over here. Hmmmm.

bluebrie
07-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Ok, I've been eating more food in the morning, a whole sb wrap meal, and it has kept me from being really hungry at lunch...we'll see.

lofgrenb
07-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Well go here... http://forums.ovusoft.com/Default.asp?cookieCheck=912411602

And register. I'm the same name there I was on FF. After you post so many you can go to the Debate forum... which I think you'll love... Maybe Renee would go there?

Same here... if I get hungry - that's when I blow it. I did good yesterday. Getting ready to add my points for today...

bluebrie
07-29-2008, 09:57 PM
You know Beth, I'm not going to go over there. One of the reasons I dropped ff was b/c it took too much time out of my life and it wasn't getting me anything, kwim?

If Renee doesn't come, that's fine. You don't have to come here either, I like this site and it is keeping losing weight on my mind...but, I don't like that you have to wait so long to add a sig and you can't have anything political on it.

bluebrie
07-30-2008, 09:01 PM
I exercised today and ate what I was supposed to...now I want to either have a glass of wine or just go to bed.

bluebrie
07-31-2008, 03:23 PM
I tried eating a salad with that spray dressing and it sucked. I bought more ranch...if I really count how many calories the dressing is, it is ok....I just have to give up somewhere else....which I'd rather do.

lofgrenb
07-31-2008, 03:44 PM
No I'll stay here too... just didn't know if you liked that FF type forum and wanted a free one... I think that I have a major issue with message boards... I need to weed a few out... seriously... I have 9 days left on FF. I think I should take a break for awhile. I really do.

Diet: I am STILL stagnant... I am still a flat 160 lbs. Ready for the 150s.

Do you watch TLC? I love What Not to Wear and it's inspired me to rid of all my old clothes... Going to donate them... Going to get the rest of this weight off and buy newer stuff... over time of course.

I kwym about ranch dressing.

Is there anything such as message board addiction? LOL

lofgrenb
07-31-2008, 03:45 PM
want to be notified... saw the link at the bottom... :)

lofgrenb
07-31-2008, 03:45 PM
can you put a political one in your avatar? :D

bluebrie
07-31-2008, 05:29 PM
No! YOu can't put a political one anywhere! What is the point of that?

You're right about getting rid of all old clothes, I have to be realistic and figure that I probably won't ever fit into my size 6 clothes again...at least those. I think my hips are wider now, no weight loss will make them narrow again.

Yes, that was why I didn't renew on ff, too many groups, too many places. You see how often I post on here though, i can't help but coming here all the time like I used to with ff.

bluebrie
07-31-2008, 05:31 PM
want to be notified... saw the link at the bottom... :)

What?

bluebrie
08-01-2008, 07:46 AM
So I'm incorporating parts of southbeach diet, I should probably just go totally on it. At night when I want something to eat, I'm doing the raccotta cheese thing with vanilla and splenda. It helped last night, I felt full afterwards. I've also been eating a sb meal for breakfast and it has helped my need for chips while Shane naps.

One more exercise and I'll have done my 3 exercises in a week, woohoo!

bluebrie
08-01-2008, 08:21 AM
So, what name do you want to be when we start a new thread? Let's do something that others might want to join so we can get a group here? Might be better motivation if we had more people.

lofgrenb
08-01-2008, 07:17 PM
what's the vanilla thing you are talking about? I have a friend that has lost 10 lbs on SB diet.

I counted up the points I ate yest... 63!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. out of control.

You are prbbly more creative than me at a name... anything will do.

Renee got braces today she said. Her mouth feels huge... tell you hi and that she's still trying to get over here.

She says she must be a dork? :?:

bluebrie
08-01-2008, 08:20 PM
I lost about 10 lbs on the sb many years ago when I only needed to lose 10. It is 1/2 cup part skim racotta (sp) cheese, 2 tsp of vanilla extract, fake sweetener (I don't know if you do fake sweeteners while bf, I didn't). Anyway, it was a good dessert and it filled me up.

Hmmm...my bf said she couldn't get on...she has to go register in the forums and it isn't really obvious on the home page....hmmmmm.

Wow, 63 points!!! Hey, I can't believe you even counted them, I would usually just give up if I went past 40. Really, try eating a more filling breakfast, since i've been eating lunch for breakfast, I don't get the munchies and starving by the time the real lunch comes.

I worked out 3 days this week! I just have to keep it up every week, ugh.

On a side note, I'm staying away from Shane for the first time ever b/c I'm cohosting a party at my friend's house, so I'll just stay there. Scary thought to be away from Shane, but I think it would be good for me and for my hubby to deal with being alone once!

lofgrenb
08-02-2008, 10:52 AM
I could see NOW how hard it would be to stay away from Lucas... ahhhhh... I'm supposed to move him into his crib this week but DH is going on a weeklong MO trip for work... not going to do it! His sis is coming down and the nursery next to the guest room. I don't want her waking up to take care of him! :) I feel that I'm so protective of him, etc...

That sounds good (ricotta, etc...) I don't use artificial sweetners normally anyway... Not a fan of the aftertaste...

I ate 40 points yesterday. Have to do better... LOL

bluebrie
08-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Oh the party was so fun and everyone enjoyed themselves. I didn't drink too much, but it was nice to know that I didn't have to sober up b/c I got to stay there. So nice to sleep without worrying about Shane or hearing the static on the monitor.

Yeah, wait until hubby gets back to move him to his room. I swear by the video monitor, you will sleep so much better and not worry if you can see what he's doing in his crib. I wish I had gotten it when Shane was that young. Mine is a summer video monitor, they are wonderful.

I'm sure I went so off my diet last night with all the good mexican food!

lofgrenb
08-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Have to get the monitor... I think it will be an ok transition... :) I hope!

I ordered the Beco Butterfly carrier.

Ok got a few pics back from 3 mos pics:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3157/2736694410_87bea14afa.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3153/2736694068_5ac0527be6.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2374/2736693590_9de1fd74a3.jpg

lofgrenb
08-07-2008, 12:43 AM
I really hate to log in today and just dump a bunch of stinky crap, but get this. DHs sister came into town Monday to stay the week with me and Lucas and her 12 yr old daugher. DH is not close with her b/c she is quite volitle. There is a history there, but she came down for my shower, when I gave birth, and then a week when things were so hard in the beginning. We never had any problem. She knew I was trying to nurse and EP the whole time... She knows my struggle. She formula fed hers after 2 weeks, and shes always been supportive of me. She came down Monday from Louisville at arrived at 3pm. Mom came over to relieve us as we went to the grocery to buy groceries for the week. I spent about $125. She spent $60. Yesterday, I worked all day (10 hours) upstairs as she watched the baby. I noticed the past two weeks LUcas is fussier... I'm convinced he's teething b/c he stops when you rub his gums. He was fussy yesterday. Today I woke up for good at 10am. By 12:30pm she had completely flipped out on me telling me that I was ungrateful, spoiled, and that I had accused her of not taking care of Lucas well. What I had said to her for her to think that was that he had cried a lot the day before. She told me matter-of-factly, "your baby doesn't sleep during the day. he's not on a schedule. My daughter slept more." I told her back, "Well normally he sleeps more. I don't know if he's afraid he's going to miss something or if he's not used to you guys or what... but he sleeps on me, on Jeff, on my mom and dad." She interpreted that as "You do not take care of the baby."

This continued to escalate with me attempting to calm her down (she is 43 yrs old). Her daughter was sitting on the couch wide-eyed at her mother.

Her mother then said that she thought I was a "loner" and that all I do was sit in the den with the baby and get on the phone and the internet and that is not the life she lives. I asked her what she wanted to do and she said she wanted to take the baby for a walk but that I had said it was too hot (I live in TN - it's only 98F right now). Then she said that she wanted to take him to the pool. He still isn't holding his head up 100% of the time and again too hot. She got mad at me b/c I wanted to nurse him when I wasn't working even though she had been taking upon herself to get my breastmilk out of the fridge and make bottles for him... I told her that I wanted to nurse him. One of the incidents she ignored me until I finally had to get in her face sort of speak... and say, "Missy, I nurse him first." UNREAL.

Then it keeps escalating where she begins to throw up past things about when her mom died and Jeff (DH) had gotten "ALL THE FURNITURE" she said. Then she said that I was rude to want to go to lunch tomorrow and meet a friend and that I should have invited her. I thought she wanted baby time. THen she said that we have never been to her house in Louisville. We tried to go in May/June but it didn't work out b/c of baby but Jeff was going to go without me and she said no. It just kept getting worse and worse.

Her daughter was crying. Lucas was crying. I was crying, and this crazy woman is ranting and raving and I told her... "Missy if you are stir crazy and need to get out... why not just go to the mall or go get lunch with Paige? I'm ok to sit here... Lucas is fussy... he needs me." That set her off into outer space.

She then said that I was accusing her of not knowing how to take care of him... that I wanted her out of my hair and that she wanted to leave that she wasn't going to stay and listen to me talk to her like that... which was me only defending myself against the words she was putting in my mouth. Her daughter kept saying, "I don't want to leave. Mom, Beth didn't do anything wrong!" It kept on and on... me mostly rocking Lucas... trying to calm him... me crying b/c I was in a no win situation and it was only getting uglier on her end.

She went upstairs and packed her things while Paige cried. I told Paige I was sorry. WHen Missy came down I told her I was sorry, and she said, "No you are not you are spoiled you are ungrateful." I really didn't know what I was apologizing for.

Then she told Paige let's go. Paige was crying and then Missy went to where she was sitting and hit her to move. (She's really not a good mom to her - long story - but one of these days Paige will be gone -- too much emotional stuff).

And they left.

Then she called my husband who is out of town all week and pretty much lied and told him all this stuff... and more... like when I told her that she didn't need to leave when she was threatening... and when it kept escalating I said that why is leaving always the answer to conflict... why can't we talk it out?? She said that I said for her to leave and that all she ever does is leave... and THAT meant before her mom died she left her and moved abandoning her mom...????... UM... hello? What does her mother have to do with it? I meant that I have seen her act like this once before years ago when I was dating DH and she drove down (3.5 hours) and walked into Jeff's house... 30 mins later they got into it and she turned around and drove back. SERIOUS.

I'm a wreck... but she again called DH an hour ago and was crying all about it, etc... again lying about me...

Who knows... I did try to apologize yet again when she called an hour after she left. I was hopeful that she may turn around and come back. Instead she was really strange and said, "I'm sorry I can't take care of babies. I'm sorry that I hit my child in front of you." I said, "Missy, come back... I don't know what happened.... I really am sorry."

THen she said, "No you're not... you're not sorry, you are spoiled, ungrateful, and PERFECT."

WTF?

bluebrie
08-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Beth ~ All I can say is just be glad she doesn't live near you and you don't have to deal with her that often!

Your husband is supporting you right? Or do you think he's thinking you played a part in it? What a pita!

You were fine, you have to just forget about it if you can. She's not ever been stable, remember that.

My ***** now: I hosted a playdate and made sure to say that if you bring an older child or sibling, they can't be left unattended somewhere for their safety and for the sake of my stuff. One mother came with a 2 year old and a 4 year old. She had never been to my house before and only met me once. Her 4 year old wanted to go back to the back playroom and all of us were in the living room and kitchen. I said that was fine for him to go back there as long as there was an adult with him. She made a smart comment to me about how she's never had to do that before and how she can't keep her two kids in the same room together so she'll have to be back there alone. I don't get it. I don't think it is too much to ask that you watch your kid at my house?!

bluebrie
08-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Oh, btw, I love the new pics! Are you taking a monthly pic? They are so cute to put in a collage to see how they grow.

lofgrenb
08-08-2008, 08:52 AM
I wish I had done the same outfit thing to watch him grow or the teddy bear thing... but I take pics myself... hopefully I can put a collage together from my own photos. he's a trip!

I tell you one thing Brie about this whole mother thing and meeting other moms... I'm finding that just b/c I have a kid doesn't mean that I'm going to like someone else with a kid... that lady sounds like a moron. I cannot imagine going to someone's house and leaving my 4 year old unsupervised. The 4 year old should have been dropped off at a daycare for a couple of hours while she did the age appropriate playdate...

That's just me...

How's the diet going? I did ok two days ago... so so yesterday... Today is a new day.

Dryer went out! LOL Any recommendations?

bluebrie
08-09-2008, 10:47 AM
No, I didn't do the same thing every month or go get it done prof or anything. I just made sure to take a pic of him every month and then got that pottery barn first year collage thing, it is cute.

Get new both if you can afford it and get the front loaders, much better.

Yes, women are women and just because we've all got kids doesn't mean we're alike!

How's the fallout from your sil?

We're having our bookclub meeting today and I know I'll eat something bad for me!

lofgrenb
08-09-2008, 10:53 AM
I'll have to look at the PB collage... sounds neat!

My mom fed the baby sweet potatoes (he's what 3 mos corrected?) and he got really sick with a belly ache. She says she won't do it again... LOL I wasn't mad though... just figured she'd know it was that and would know not to do it again. Hiding the baby food... LOL

SIL - haven't heard from her. She called DH three times.

You know the story of my crazy brother... how we don't get along... well I still haven't heard from him since February, and I've reached out a couple of times. I reached out again yesterday. It seems that he's completely ignoring me... 100% and told mom a month ago he's happy with not ever speaking to me again. There's this little part of me that hates it though I know he's a very toxic person... I just want everyone to get along... then the fallout with SIL I start thinking and doubting myself... "Doesn't play well with others." LOL But DH and I both know we have crazy siblings... too bad we only have one apiece.

ANyway... have fun and eat a bite! Just one! :)

I got on the scale and a couple of pounds fell off... Hope they stay away. Baby is really nursing so much better... he didn't have a bottle yesterday at all... (maybe a couple of ounces)... but of course he had a belly ache too from the sweet potatoes... poor thing.

bluebrie
08-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Well, I found my sister on facebook and sent her a friend invite, she hasn't responded and my bro told me not to hold my breath. Do you have a facebook account?

You only look at yourself when it is a pattern in your life, in your work, with your friends, if it is just a couple of people you are related to, I wouldn't worry about it. People won't get along, you tried, now it is over.

How cool that your son is nursing! Um, no food until 6 months!!

I'm thinking of trying potty training, now I know why mothers wait so long now a days, it is a pain in the butt and you just don't want to get started in dealing with crap! Ugh.

I had breakfast for dinner, I love breakfast....so eggs, hash browns, french toast, sausage. Oh well. I did work out 3 days this week again.

lofgrenb
08-10-2008, 01:59 PM
I know it is VERY cool... I'm still having to pump 3-4 times in the 24 hour period b/c I feel engorged... but he is doing it!! Last night he NURSED at 10pm and slept till 5 am. THis is huge!

No pattern in other areas.. .just my bro. SIL doesn't get along with anyone... oK.. breathe and let it go... i have to let it go. :(

That's awesome on working out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love breakfast too. I love Waffle House and IHOP.... such a carb freak.

Yeah mom isn't going to give the baby solids until 6 mos. I think that scared her! (and me)

lofgrenb
08-10-2008, 01:59 PM
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=734806997

I think that's it?

bluebrie
08-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Ha! Funny, a lot are on facebook! See, I am just on the net too long, always a reason!

lofgrenb
08-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Yeah I hear you about internet addiction! LOL I'm there I think....

Well yesterday interviewed a nanny for Tuesdays and another one today. WIsh me luck. I'm not so good at interviewing...

bluebrie
08-15-2008, 12:38 AM
Be sure to look them up, background checked! A nanny will really help, it must be hard working from home like that.
Do you have a jogging stroller, that would help with the running.

I'm telling you, the only thing that is seeming to make a difference to me is working out 3 days a week. When I stop that, I just go to pot.

I think I'm at 158 now, but I have to watch myself. The bad times are coming up, hubby is going to Budapest for a week, that is my worst eating crap time.

bluebrie
08-16-2008, 09:53 PM
ugh, the downward spiral has begun....last night hubby wanted chinese food. We get it and I've had a bad day today as well. It is almost like I'm a vampire and once I get that taste of blood again, I just have to keep having it. So, I'm hoping tomorrow is better.:o

Hubby left today, I'm pretty bummed. He didn't go anywhere all last month and I was kind of getting used to him being around.

What's up with you?

lofgrenb
08-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Just working this weekend. Hubby keeping the baby... still nursing though... no bottle in a few days... it's pretty neat... though he did wake up twice the last two nights... argh.

Hubby is going out of town too tomorrow and back on Friday.

I'm really getting ill at myself for having no discipline...

SERIOUSLY. Question is... is the food really that good? NO! Not after I just ate a HUGE lunch.

I know what you mean about tasting blood and have to have more... I'm so ill at myself...!!!!

bluebrie
08-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Very good about his nursing, no bottle for a few days! Very good. It's a lot easier not to have to do the bottles and pumping. He could be waking up for so many reasons including a growth spurt.

I got that chinese food again, but I have done 3 straight weeks of exercising 3 days a week, so I'm proud about that. I can't do the food anymore, I was doing so well.

lofgrenb
08-21-2008, 09:00 AM
At least you know that when exercising when falling off the wagon on the diet part is less of a hit... kwim? We went to a playdate thing yesterday w/the ladies we did the Bradley class with... they are the best one I've been to so far... Most of them are in the twenties... I'm the oldest, but I feel more comfortable. I don't know if I told you that I went up the road to a neighbor's house with her 4 and 1 1/2 yr old... She is older than me but the worst thing was that her house was FILTHY and she had FLEAS. I may have told you. Later on there was a post on that group (they are going to kick me out soon I'm sure since I haven't attended anything - on meetup) about how that same lady wanted someone to clean her house. I was thinking Orkin. LOL

I txt Renee... she said that she has been busy with the girls but that she was coming.

How's the weather there? We need some rain, but fall is coming huh? How about some weight loss goals..

By Christmas... surely we can be where we want to be. I'm doing better.. though I promise that exercising is key. I think today when Lucas naps I'm going to put him in his crib (finally got the video monitor) and do some Billy Blanks DVD.

bluebrie
08-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Isn't that video monitor the best? I wish I had had that when Shane was a baby, I'd go in and check on him all the time.

So gross about that woman's house. We had something similar happen with us going to a friend's house, it was just horrid. The boy is autistic and so there was also human feces around.:fr: Needless to say, we won't be going there again. You really never know.

Go try out a whole bunch of groups, ours is for 30 - 40 yr olds.

I have to think about my goals....

bluebrie
08-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Ugh, so I lost it this time when hubby was gone, but not as badly as I usually do it.
I had chinese takeout 2 times and only exercised 1 time this week.

I've got to get back on the wagon yet AGAIN!

lofgrenb
08-23-2008, 09:27 PM
That's better than me this evening - Bananas Foster. :(

JOE BIDEN! I got the text message. You know I had to know... plus you know DH is an Obama fan.

bluebrie
08-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Too funny!!! I wonder who mccain will pick? I'm really hoping for someone more exciting than who nobama picked. My brother calls him Obama bin Biden.

bluebrie
08-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Ok, better on my diet...but, want to just shovel any food possible into my mouth...I sure hope I survive the weekend, hubby's bro and family are visiting....bringing 3 kids and a dog.:dizzy:

lofgrenb
08-27-2008, 08:56 PM
I am to the point of getting busy on losing this weight. I sound like a broken record! Have fun with all the company. DH calls them Joebama. :)

I took a quiz online and found I was a social conservative. I quit the conservative FF board. All the ones that went to the private board have a blinkie about it. I graduated from high school 17 yrs ago.

Going to try to walk tomorrow and diet better... count points again.

lofgrenb
09-01-2008, 03:42 PM
hows it going???? want to just chat by facebook?

Thin 2 B
09-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Hello ladies. It's Renee. I missed you guys. Sorry it took me so long to get over here. My girls are back in school now so I have a little more "me" time. I'll have to go back and catch up on what's going on. I just wanted to say hi. :wave:

Thin 2 B
09-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Brit, How did it go with the amily visiting?

Beth, Anything new with you?

I took the girls for there six month cleaning and there dentist was so excited to see that I have braces. LOL He was telling me that he's going to be getting them soon. My girls thought it was funny.

As far as having braces it's not that bad. The only thing that I don't like is having bite turbos on the back of my front teeth. Everyone says that I'll get used to them but they still drive me crazy. Last week when I went in for my adjustment I got glow in the dark on top and purple on the bottom.

My niece doesn't live with us anymore. I can't say I'm sad about that. I love her but she gets into my stuff and drives me crazy.

I hope to hear from you guys soon.

Renee

:drill: (this is me in the am getting my girls ready for school.)

bluebrie
09-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Renee ~ I had almost given up on you!!! Do you facebook? Think about it.

I've started wearing my retainer again and it is helping a lot. I just wish my teeth didn't move so much. If I have to get braces it'll be bc the teeth are so crowded. I have no idea what the bite turbos are, what are they?

Shane woke at 4am with a fever, but he's acting fine. Very odd.

Thin 2 B
09-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Brit, I've never been on face book. Is that the new hangout? Bite turbo's are little things they put on the back of the top front teeth if you have an overbite. I guess it helps level things out in the back somehow. My bottom teeth are the ones that are crowded. I can't believe how much straighter they are in such a short time.

Maybe Shane had dream that woke him up.

I've been going to the gym in the mornings after I put the girls on the bus. Half the time I have to drag myself there. As far as the diet goes I'm doing ok. I kinda liked it when my teeth where so sore I couldn't eat much. Now I can eat pretty much what I want.

Beth, Hey girl.

bluebrie
09-05-2008, 05:45 PM
You lost 20 lbs?! Wow, I've just pretty much been stuck on 160 for a year! I'll gain a little, I'll lose a little, but I always come back to the 160. Yes, go on Facebook!