Weight Loss Support - Stay At Home Mom's #38

View Full Version : Stay At Home Mom's #38

Freckles
03-26-2002, 10:26 PM
Hi!
Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor as we share our lives as we restore health, lose weight and raise a family!! We welcome newcomers as well as all of our regulars!

Be sure to go back to SAHM'S #37 to catch up on what has been going on in our lives.

Freckles
03-26-2002, 10:47 PM
Good Evening!

Phew! Thread #37 was growing by leaps & bounds & I think that 4 pages was a bit too much to scroll. :spin: (Nine pages printed)
I decided to print it all up to play catch up & will read it in bed tonite instead of a book or magazine. Ginny: Glad that you took the time out of your busy/chaotic life to check in with us! :lol:
Misty: Yours sounds a bit chaotic too! For the rest of you:
I'm glad to see you posting here with me. I've had a very tough day staying OP today. It was tough, but I made it the whole day without cheating! I was so involved with surfing the web & watching tv today that I forgot to check when my 60 min. of pedlin' were up & ended up pedlin' 76 min.! I ended up burning up over 800 calories!! I sure hope I see a downward mark on the scale pretty soon. :rolleyes: I haven't weighed myself since Saturday, so I can't really tell you how I'm doing. Seeing that tomorrow is the middle of the week, I may hop on. And for the Easter candy: I didn't buy any yet & don't plan to 'til Friday. I'm not buying much this year & decided to replace the candy with useful things like: Spring socks for dd (the fun kind!!) & some other little trinkets like maybe hair stuff. DS is still into Legos, so this is probably what I'll buy him. For the candy that I do buy:
I'll have to try & buy the stuff I don't like. Well, time to get ready for bed & watch the news. I'll check in with you all tomorrow.

sheila061968
03-27-2002, 08:41 AM
Cant stay on long just wanted to pop on and say I will be thinking of you all and I will check back later
Take Care
Sheila

Lilbitofsunshine
03-27-2002, 10:08 AM
My morning has been very crazy! Everyone woke up in a crabby mood! I'm the only one allowed to do that!:lol: I did my best to cheer them. Dh went out the door laughing so it must have worked. Kids are still being monsters though.
Jackie, It's good to hear from you. That workout has to have some results soon. 76 minutes is great! I had to copy you and fix my bike so I can surf the web too! It made me even more motivated. Thanks for the great idea.
Hi Sheila!!! Thinking of you too:)! Hope you are having no problem staying OP!

As for me, I'm doing good. I stayed OP yesterday. I'm still going 20 miles on the bike. Today is laundry day! Dh has been changing 3x a day due to all the rain and mud:(. That makes it so hard for me to keep up. Hope you all have a great OP day!!!!
Misty

gemini
03-27-2002, 11:48 AM
Just a quick check-in... I've been on a mad cleaning spree! I needed to come up for air! :lol:

Hope all is well with everyone. Weighing in tonight at work... hoping for a bit of a loss. No Easter candy here... I do "themed" baskets. This year it's reading... everyone's getting books. Mimi brings them candy, but usually junk I don't like.

Gotta run. Will try to post more tomorrow or Friday. Talk soon... :wave:

ECmom
03-27-2002, 02:20 PM
Good afternoon!!!
Jackie, thanks for starting the new thread. You are something with all that time on the bike! I did the same thing and printed out the thread......... cause 4 pages is too much for my lame brain to handle. Good to hear that you have a game plan for dammage control with the Easter candy. Did you hop on the scale yet?
Jen- my house needs help!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you get done cleaning yours....... Aw, I hope that you were successful cleaning up. The feeling of accomplishment when you get it all done is wonderful. Now, if it would only stay that way!
Misti- hope that you survived laundry day! (it just seems as though nothing else gets done that day, but I love an empty hamper!) You are still having a lot of rain? WTG with your 20 mile ride- how long does that take you to do?

As for me, I had a rough eating day yesterday. Dd and her miserable moods...........gosh I need some time off from her (awful of me to say that, isn't it?). I came home after being gone all day working and she chewed me out for not being home. Dh walked in the door an hour later and she welcomed him with the biggest hug and smile! Breaks my heart at times. I know my purpose here and really do not look for or demand to get a lot of atta boys from my family (I sort of function, if you know what I mean and do so out of love for my family) but I am lower than dirt to her (except when she needs a ride...........:lol: ) No, I am not down about it- and am going out to get my hair done tonite(:p to you Dd!) so that I can face a week of having the gang home on Easter break feeling good about myself.

Ok, I have babbled on and on here..........gotta go. Dd has piano lessons and then off to pick up Ds from extra help in math at school. Hope your day is going well!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to get back on later.
:)
Ginny

Freckles
03-27-2002, 09:04 PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm just popping in for a line or two, or three.......I hopped on the scale this a.m. & I was down 2#. I sure hope that I don't gain it back by tomorrow! :rolleyes: The way I'm pedlin', drinking my water & being good OP, I don't know how I could gain now! Just a little tid bit for everyone: :) Smiles are contagious!!:) I had to take my FIL to an all-day appt. @ the hospital with my MIL & got him out of a crabby mood with teasing him & telling him jokes, which had a lot of laughs & smiles that followed.:lol: Laundry-that's another story in itself! Just when I get all caught up & no laundry in site, DH comes home with his from traveling all week! Ginny: I thought you wouldn't mind me opening up another thread. I hope you're enjoying your "New Dew"! Enjoy the spring break with the family! :D Jen: Good luck with your weigh-in. And the theme baskets: I think I'll stuff a book in each kids basket too. My 8 y/o dd just figured out that there's no Easter Bunny, so now I can do whatever I want with the baskets. Misty: I hope that everyone is in a better mood at your house. I'm glad to hear that you copied my idea about surfing the internet while pedlin'. Should we start a club & call us the Pedal-Web Surfers? Sheila: Thanks for checking in with us! Well, speaking of pedlin', I better sign off for now & start pedlin'.

Update: 3/28/02 I lost another pound!! This makes it a 3 # loss for this week & for the new challenge! :sheep:

gemini
03-28-2002, 09:28 AM
Quick post, because I have a sick baby in my arms. :( I feel like crud, too... head/chest cold, laryngitis, body aches, etc. Down a half pound at weigh-in last night. Half is better than none, I suppose.

Gotta get dd and ds to swim class. I will chat more when I can. I'm keeping up with everyone, just don't have a chance to address you all individually right now. Have a great OP day, guys. Talk soon... :wave:

Freckles
03-28-2002, 01:01 PM
Spryng:

I sent you a personal message in reference to Fit For Life. Let me know if you got it, okay? I'm not sure if it went thru or not because when I checked my "sent" file in PM, it didn't show up!

ECmom
03-28-2002, 04:01 PM
Hi~!!!!!!!!!
Just a quick check in- and I hope to get back on later.
Jen- too bad that you have a sick little one and you are not feeling well either. :( I hope that you can all get the rest that you need to feel better! Congrats on losing 1/2 #!
Jackie- great job on losing 3 #!!!:) What a sweetie you are taking inlaws for their medical stuff...... And what a blessing you are keeping them on the up side of things! I know that can be hard with older folks- when a lot of the health news is threatening or potentially not so good. Hope that you got your peddling time in today, too.

As for me, I got a 35 minute walk in this am. My eating while not perfect has been pretty good.
Gotta go......I have been on the run most of the day and have a bit more to do! Have a great nite all, in case I do not get back later.
Ginny

Lilbitofsunshine
03-28-2002, 08:29 PM
I'm too tuckered for a long post. I hope you and your lil' one are better soon. My Dd is feeling poor. I had her around at the doctors today. Good to see your posts Jackie and Ginny. Take care girls. I'm off to rest.

Freckles
03-29-2002, 08:54 AM
Good Morning!

Wow! This feels good! It's Friday & I don't have to rush off & go anywhere today! I sure hope that the rest of the family sleeps in. Well, I'm gearing up for Easter & I think that I'd better stock up on pts. so that I can enjoy my Easter dinners. For lunch we are going out to a country club for a buffet with my side of the family. For dinner we are going to my inlaws.
I'm still going to watch what I put in my mouth though & try and make good choices. I've worked too hard to lose the wt. that has already dropped off my fat body & I don't need any more fat cells growing on me. Why is it that the older we get, we lose more brain cells & replace them with fat cells?:shrug: Ginny: I thought that you'd get a chuckle out of this one! Oh!, and I did get a chance to pedal yesterday & again I stayed on longer than 60 min. (67 min. to be exact) I burned 760 calories & turned the resistance up to 7. I originally started with 5, then 6 & now I plan on staying @ 7 for awhile. I have to tell you all how hard I had to work for my popcorn snack yesterday. I always pop my own in the microwave in a bag. The first batch I made only had a few kernals that popped & dd beat me to it. The next batch that I made, dh wanted some. So...I put it in a large bowl & by the time I came back from putting another load in the washer, he had already ate up all the popcorn! I then popped some more, only to have it burn on me. So...I then made some more & decided to put it in a clear microwave safe bowl. Well, I guess it should have had liquids in it because when it was time to take it out, it was melted tight to the bottom of the tray. So....out went my next batch into the trash! So...I made my last batch in a paper bag again & thank goodness that batch turned out & I got a little bit greedy & said it was all mine! Hmmn...I wonder how many calories I burned in the process? Jen: Sorry to hear that you & the little one are not feeling well. I hope that you are all better by Easter. Congrats on the 1/2 # loss! It's good that you're heading in the right direction! Misty: I hope that your dd is feeling better. What did the doctor say? Hopefully with a little rest, you all will feel better soon! Where are the rest of you gals? Well, I better get going & check my e-mail & get on with the rest of my day. I hope you all have a Happy Easter & watch out for the chocolate bunnies! :eek:

gemini
03-29-2002, 10:06 AM
Misty, how is dd? My dd was up last night with an earache. :( She is sleeping in late this morn, but we may be at the doc's later.

Everyone else sounds like they're doing so well! Jackie, your peddlin' power is amazing! And congrats about the weight dropped! :D Sheila, keep walkin' to those tapes and don't worry about anyone catching you at it! How's the smoking going? Just think of how good you're going to feel! Jackie, your popcorn story cracked me up! Sounds like something that would happen here, too. I hope your popcorn was absolutely delicious!

Well, I am still not feeling great... no energy and I had a terrible eating day yesterday. So, now I feel double-yuck, with the cold and the terrible eating. Funny, since I've been eating so well for the past few weeks, one day of eating junk makes me feel like junk. :p It is definitely NOT worth it!

So, my plan for the day... take care of this cold and eat well. I have not been on my bike for 3 days, so I will make a huge effort to peddle today, if only for 10 minutes.

I hope everyone else has a great day! Keep up the success stories... they are greatly encouraging. :)

Talk soon... :wave:

sheila061968
03-29-2002, 01:36 PM
Hi Everyone
I am in a particularly GREAT mood today.. I nervously stepped on the scale this morning , now keep in mind last week I was dealing with TOM , but my scale said 259.0. so that gives me a 6.5 pound LOSS !!!!!!!!!!!! :spin: I know it is mostly water loss but it is a LOSS just the same!!! :jig: I am sooo excited (maybe too much I know that it is mostly water) Anyhoooo not all of it was water ( I hope) :dizzy:
GEMINI I hope you feel better soon. My DD is dealing with a cold and soar thoat so she has been out for two days..She better get better by Monday I am going nuts!!My smoking isnt going as good as my working out . I just cant seem to give them up.. :( First thing in the morning before my brain cell works I light up . If I could think before I do it I wouldnt but it is like a reaction.. I dont even like the taste of them I hate how they smell and how I smell smoking .. Maybe I need extra help like the patch or something.. But before I use that I will check with my doc since I am on meds I am always leery what I can take so I dont get a bad reaction..I can go the rest of the day without them but the first thing in the morning is habit I know that..
FRECKLES How do you pop kernals in a bag?? I know it isnt rocket science but I always thought you need something to get the kernals to pop.. I wanted to buy a air popper but right now I have too many bills.( buying stuff yesterday made me feel guilty but I needed to wear something not so covering when I workout since I hate to sweat and I get an asthma attack if I get too overheated..)
LilBit I hope your DD feel better soon.
Well today is GORGEOUS and I wantto go outside but before I can I have inside stuff to do before I can.. I have a back yard to finish cleaning and bank errands and stuff so I will try to check back later if not I will talk to yall on Monday
Take Care
Sheila

ECmom
03-29-2002, 02:07 PM
Hi!
A quick hello (or at least I think a quick one!)
Sheila- you go girl! WTG on losing the 6.5#!:) I hope that Dd is feeling better so that you can get outside and enjoy some sunshine.
Gemini- sorry that your household has been struck by an earrache. Did you get to the Dr?
Jackie- you make me smile! (love the popcorn story........) WTG on the bike too, hotbuns! (betcha thought I was gonna let that die.........hehehehehe:lol: ) Thanks for finally having a good explanation of where my brain cells went. Poor suckers got turned into fat.........but where do they go when we lose weight (I know, I am doomed to be stupid here!;) )
Jen- everyone feeling better in your house yet?
Misti-how is your Dd feeling???????

I am doing ok. Went to the Dr yesterday for my BP check (it was fine) and he noticed my 20# loss since October. He only wants me down to 140#- says that WW guidelines are too low? Huh? What do you think??? But he was happy with me- and mentioned a sick statistic. I told him that I was able to get myself off of Prevacid (except if I have really overdone it with coffee) since losing these 20#. He told me I was one of the 10% (seems low!) who actually lose weight when told to do so by their Dr! So, that gave me a little kick in the behind. I would like to get to 140 by the end of May. Dd turns 16 (ugh) and it is our 20th anniversary. Think I can do this?????? hmmmmmmmm.
Gotta go, the gang is due back for lunch.
Have a great day.
Ginny

Lilbitofsunshine
03-30-2002, 12:10 AM
Thanks for caring girls. Both Dd's are sick. Doc said it was a tummy virus and it has to run its course. I promise to try and be more personal come Monday. This weekend has me in a bind with Easter dinner and services at church. I'm just tuckered. These sick lil' ones are wearing me down

Sheila, way to go! Your motivation is inspiring.
Gemini, hope your Dd is better.
Jackie, you are just wacky! Thanks for the giggle. My brain cells are just disappearng. Few and far between. Good luck with the dinners.
Ginny, what are your stats? I never caught them.

You all have a Hoppy Easter!

Freckles
03-30-2002, 09:47 AM
Hi Everyone!

WARNING: I just want to let you all know that this will probably be a long.....post, so if you don't like long posts, skip mine. Only problem with that is; you will miss what I have to say! :D So....here I go!! I got on the scale this a.m. & have kept my 3.5# loss off. Monday morning will be a different story I guess after eating 2 Easter dinners. I'm already thinking ahead on how I'll have better food choices & the order that I'll eat them in. As for getting on my bike: I didn't get a chance yesterday, but will definitely make time today! Jen: How's your dd feeling today? And yourself....I hope you're feeling better! Glad to hear that you had enough of the junk food. I listened to an audio cassette tape-"Fit For Life", the audio version of the book Spryng was talking about. Afer listening to that tape a few times, I think twice before putting anything in my mouth. Did you get any biking in yesterday? Don't overdue it, otherwise you will never get well. Sheila: Congrats on the 6.5# loss! As hard as you are working at it, I'm sure it's not all water wt. Sorry to hear that your dd is ill too. Hopefully she will feel better by tomorrow & for your sake, at least by Monday! I wish you the best with quitting smoking. Did you ever try Wellbutrin? I know most of the time it's not covered by insurance, so maybe your doctor could write the script for anxiety & depression. You will have a better chance of having it covered then. FYI: I pop the popcorn right in the bag, (Jolly Time works the best for me) just put it in the bag-plain. You don't need any oil, just maybe moisten the bag a tad so that you don't have the bag burning on you. When done, that's when I put on "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray. It's zero calories & tastes great! I also put on a little popcorn salt. You can also put a cob of popcorn in the micro & have it pop right on the cob. Just make sure it's popcorn & not sweet corn & make sure you put it in a bag. Ginny: Was that a quick hello in your last post? Sounds like one of mine, huh?
I'm glad you liked my popcorn story. You heard my egg story already, didn't you? Well, most of these gals didn't, so I'll tell it again. One Saturday a.m. a few years ago, I was in one of my PMS moods. I woke up & the family wanted me to make eggs for breakfast. I whined the PMS whine & when that happens, things tend to get a little crazy. :eek: So....I got the eggs out, opened the carton, reached for an egg, grabbed it, and then the egg stuck to the carton, lost my grip & the whole carton fell on the floor. I then really got irate!! I then picked up the carton, opened the cover & started laughing hysterically! By this time my family was ready to take me to the "Funny Farm". What happened??? The eggs were all in tact & the inside cover read: The Bible verse from Psalms 118:24- THIS IS THE DAY WHICH THE LORD HAS MADE;LET US REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT! This is now my favorite bible verse & I think of it every time I purchase eggs. (Ask me about the pepper story on Monday) Ginny: I'm glad to hear that your Doctors appt. went well & that your BP was good & that he was thrilled with your 20# loss & that you weaned yourself from the prevacid! You & I are about the same ht. & when I weighed 140#, I looked great!! Don't get discouraged if you don't get down to 140# by the end of May, as the last 10# are the hardest. You may want to add some ankle weights to your walking to increase muscle mass, which helps burn fat. Well, I'd better get going. DH just asked me if I post like this every day & I told him no, just every couple of days or so.

Again, I wish you all a Happy & Blessed Easter. Enjoy the time with your family!

spryng
03-30-2002, 02:55 PM
Good afternoon all. I was catching up on the past posts. Boy, did I get behind. I didn't know another thread had been started and when I finally saw it it was already two pages long. So I am feeling a bit depressed. I've been doing terrible on my eating lately. I'm up to 136 again. I've got to do something about it. Those 5 lbs I lost on that cleansing came back fast. I guess that's what happens when it is all water weight. I've been eating out every day for the past two weeks. It's not helping me any. I talked to me DH about it this morning. I asked to him help me control my eating but he laughed and asked if I wanted pizza for lunch. I don't think I will be getting any help there. My pants are getting tight and I'm getting worse.
Sorry about that. Everyone else sounds like they are doing so good and staying OP. But not me. I'm caving.
Well, I need to get off here. Just wanted a place to come and cry. :cry:

spryng
03-31-2002, 12:31 AM
Hello again. Just wanted to check in one more time before I went to bed. Sorry about my earlier post. I had a rough day. Kids driving me insane and no time for myself. I just wanted to scream and eat. But I didn't do either. I am happy to report I stayed OP today. It wasn't too difficult because my DH worked late. I always tend to over eat when he gets home before dinner or has the day off. I love the guy to death but he is my achilles heal when I'm dieting. :devil: But I had a banana for breakfast, steamed green beans for lunch (my favorite vegetable) and I made tacos and spanish rice for dinner. I had two small tacos with very little meat and lots of lettuce and such and maybe 1/2 a cup of spanish rice. So I am happy with that. I don't know what tomorrow will be like (DH is off for the next two days) But I'm going to try. I hope I can do it.
Well, here I am being such a downer when all of you are probably having a great time preparing for this holiday. Sorry girls!! Enjoy your weekend!!

gemini
03-31-2002, 09:20 AM
Happy Easter everyone! :)

Spryng, hang in there! I know just how you feel. I had a terrible eating week, haven't been on my bike, and am still sick. But, miraculously, when I stepped on the scale yesterday, I saw another 2lb loss! I am now down to 160.. that's a 15lb loss, total. I'm sure I had the loss because I had just finished TOM, and I'm preparing myself for a possible gain next week because of my bad eating this past week. But, it did encourage me to keep going and get back on track. :)

Dd is feeling better, here. Thanks everyone for asking. I am still rotten and will just take it easy today. Rest, good food, and low-stress is my plan. Hoping to feel better by tomorrow and get back on that bike!

Have a great day, everyone! Talk soon... :wave:

p.s. Jackie, you crack me up! :lol:

ECmom
03-31-2002, 07:50 PM
Hi! And a blessed Easter to all!
Jackie- I just love the egg story..........it gets even better each time that I read it!
Wish I had time for a long post, I still have to clean up from dinner:( . Dd was "kind" enough to give me three seconds on the computer.
Gotta go! Got lots to discuss later.
ginny

Freckles
04-01-2002, 08:18 AM
HAPPY SPRING, EVERYONE!!

Well, it's supposed to be spring, but here in Wisconsin it's a bit on the chilly side. I had to find a sweater for dd's Easter dress at the last minute because the dress was sleeveless. I splurged this year & bought dd an American Girl dress with a matching dress for her A.G. I had to shorten dd's dress 5" & it had a built in slip, so I had to shorten that also! How was everyone's Easter? Besides the weather, mine was great! I survived the 2 Easter meals. For lunch we went to a Country Club & had their brunch buffet. For the most part;I made great choices. They had a lot of veggies there so I filled up with salad & light dressing first, followed by tons of string beans, that were delicious!!:T I just took a spoonful of corn, as I know here in WI it is considered "pig food" & you all know that there aren't too many skinny pigs! :lol: For the rest of the buffet I took baby servings, with an exception of the average slice of Dutch Apple Pie that I just couldn't pass up! :rolleyes: And dinner @ my inlaws: Let's just say that I don't even want to go there when it comes to my food choices. Most of the food there was quite fattening, but delicious! I had a nice plate full of choices & was going to go back for 2nds until my DH was the hit of the dinner with his entertainment. He was in his stocking feet with his size ll foot & he accidentally caught his little toe on a folding chair leg. It was so funny!! :lol: I'm having a hard time typing right now because I'm visualizing the whole episode all over again. DH had a nice amount of food on his plate (firsts for him)& he did a nice balancing act at first, but then he lunged forward & his plate went flying thru the air with half of it landing on the floor & the other half landing on my Nieces DH plate & you should have seen the expression on her DH face! :lol: I'm still laughing! So...Jackie came to the rescue & cleaned it up & after I was on my hands & knees for about 5 min., I realized that I was full enough & didn't need 2nds. We finished the evening with an inside Easter Egg Hunt, as it was too cold to go outside for one. Well, today is my official day to start the "Fit For Life" plan. I had my breakfast already & my choice was a banana & I will have a large orange later on. On this plan you can just have fruit, fresh fruit juice & water between 4:00 a.m. & Noon. For the afternoon you can have veggies, protein & a limited amount of the rest of the basic 4 food program. (You can't mix a protein & a potato together though, so you have to decide which one that you want.) They suggest just having one protein p/day that is the size of your closed fist & suggest that you save this for dinner, as protein tends to make you tired. Oh!, I forgot: They highly recommend that you stay away from soda & coffee & other caffeine beverages, as they tend to dehydrate you. Thank goodness I'm not a coffee drinker & I'm really not too much for soda either, so I'm okay with this. What's nice about this plan, I can still stay on the WW program & count my points, as this plan you can eat just about anything you want, just in moderation & at selected times of the day. I'll keep you all posted on the results. Spryng & I corresponded over the weekend with each other through PM, because she is also starting this program this week. Do you gals remember a few weeks ago when I was feeling overwhelmed & I went to the library & checked out all those self-help tapes. Well,I checked out a few weightloss audio tapes & "Fit For Life" was one of them! So...I listened to it & told Spryng all about it! Through our corresponding with one another we also decided that we want to play a little game here on our thread. We want everyone to try & guess what the others look like. I put in my guess about Spryng & I was pretty close with my guess. (I won't describe her to you all, so that you can try & guess.) So... at first we will all post our guesses & then in a few days we will respond with what we look like. For example: Eye & hair color, length of hair, etc. Well, it's passed 6:00 a.m. here & I have to wake DH up for work. I'll put my guesses in later. Until then, take care!

spryng
04-02-2002, 12:21 AM
Good evening everyone!
Sorry again about my depressing post. I was so out of it that day. My eating hasn't been great the past couple of days either but tomorrow I will also start the Fit For Life diet. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm stocked up on fruit so I'm half way there :)
Well, remember me telling you girls about my mother in law?? How stressed I am when she's around? Well come thursday we are traveling to Kansas to see them. For 4 days!! Five if you count thursday. It's a 4 hour drive from here. But this time it will be even more "interesting" because my DH older sister is living with them again with her 5 year old daughter who is a monster. But it's been over 8 months since we went up there so I thought it was time. They are really good with the kids and they love them. But I am going to stay on this diet. I can eat anything I want on it so there is no reason to cheat, you know?? I just have to combine the food properly. I think I can manage that. But it will be an emotional challenge if nothing else and I am going to miss reading and responding to this thread everyday. It's hard to believe how much I enjoy and "need" you ladies!! You have become very real friends to me. Does that sound lame?? :?: I hope not. I just enjoy our conversations and you let me know I'm not alone in my feelings. Whether it has to do with weight or raising kids.
Well, anyway..., I can't wait to guess what everyone looks like. But I want to think about it some more. I might go back and re-read a few posts to see if there are any hints in there :) I know, I'm such a cheater :p
I'll check in tomorrow. Have a great night !!!

sheila061968
04-02-2002, 12:57 AM
Hi all
I survived Easter by CHEATING.. Instead of candy the kids got a Ninetendo64. Instead of rotting their teeth I am rotting their minds..I went to My moms and basically had salad and a sandwich but drank 5 16 ounce glasses of water.. I dont have much time tonight so I will think hard on the guessing..
So far all I can really think is Freckles is a redhead maybe collar length hair with hazel eyes.. Well then again I picture Lilbit a sandy (maybe its calls strawberry blonde) shoulder length with blue eyes.I will have to think hard on the rest of you.. I am awful at guessing but I will try it..
Take Care
Sheila

spryng
04-02-2002, 04:25 PM
Good afternoon all!
Well, today has been going great so far. I had my fruit for breakfast and salad for lunch. But I'm unsure about dinner. I don't know what I want yet. Spaghetti is calling my name. I'm still a little unsure of the "rules" of this diet. I listened to the tape Jackie sent me but it wasn't clear as to exactly what I can and cannot have. Just to have fruit until noon, a salad or vegtable for lunch with bread or potato if I wanted it and a protein with vegtables for dinner. But I don't eat protein much anymore so I am thinking about spaghetti (a favorite here) I'll just skip the meat in it. I'm not sure though if I can have it. But one thing is for sure, I must be retaining alot of water because I've been going to the bathroom like crazy! :o But I'm glad. My jeans are loosening as we speak. :)
Well, I'm getting my laundry done for our big trip come thursday. I really hate laundry so it is way behind. I have already did 5 loads today (not including the 4 loads that are clean in my room just needing to be folded and put away) and I still have 6 or 7 more to go. Either I am a terrible laundry mat or we have way too much clothes!! I want to think it's the latter :lol: But anyway. I'm piling on my bed because my DH has promised to fold it all and help me pack tonight. Isn't he a dear sometimes :p
Lets see, here are a couple of guesses. I think Jackie has very dark hair and it's cut short. Brown eyes and nice skin.
I think Misty on the other hand has light brown hair, blue or green eyes, probably blue and her hair is long, past her shoulders. tanned skin in the summer and must be very pretty.
Hmm... Ginny, has short brown hair, hazel eyes, and light skin. She may burn easily. (wild guesses huh??)
Actually, I think of everyone the same here. Strong beautiful women and I know I'm right!! :D
I'll have to think more about Jen and Sheila, don't think I forgot about you girls!!
Well, I'm off here for now. Laundry is still calling my name.

Lilbitofsunshine
04-02-2002, 10:27 PM
Hi Girls! I've been keeping up with your posts, I promise. Things here are going along. I'm still trying to recover from the rain flooding the farm. Geesh and more is coming tomorrow. It's tiring. Please forgive me for being so distant. Trying times.

Oh what fun you two have started Spryng and Jackie! Guessing game. I just got my cam hooked up too. Once all of the guesses are in I'll post my pic, if I'm brave enough.

Before I start guessing I just want to congratulate those of you who are on losing streaks. Keep up the great work. And those of us who are still getting started, visualize the skinny you. We can do this.

Okay, I'll begin with Jackie. I my mind Jackie is near 5'6", fair to light skin with freckles, fire engine red hair and hazel eyes. She looks to me like a take charge kind. Someone who can gain control of an out of control situation easily.

Ginny keeps her hair shoulder length or shorter in the summer, it is in a nice easy to do hair style, she would have brown eyes, be about 5'6" also, light skin and a very warm smile. Someone you would see at the grocery store and be able to strike up a conversation with easily.

Gemini is also around 5"6 or 5'7" she has short brown hair maybe cropped, blue eyes, medium skin color and she has a honest face, someone you know you can tell a secret to.

Sheila, you have me stumped. I think you are tall, maybe about 5'8". Dark blonde long hair, blue eyes with very light sensitive skin. She always makes people laugh.

Spryng likes to be trendy and do different things with her hair and clothes. At this moment I believe her hair is probably just past her shoulders and a medium brown color. She has fair skin and probably hazel or brown eyes.

Well, I can't wait to see the results. I have an early appt girls so I will call it a night.

Nighty Nite!

ECmom
04-02-2002, 11:42 PM
Good evening!
Well, I am barely surviving this week of having the kids all home. Actually, having Ds and Dd (the little one) has been kind of nice.
As for the oldest Dd, let it suffice to say that it is softball season..... and all other life as we know it ceases to exist. Most conversations revolve around softball.....life is dictated by softball.....oh well. At least this year she is not playing the summer league, so the agony is over by the end of June.
Sorry for bellyachin'.........Dh (the former softball/baseball player) won't hear of any complaining and Dd can do no wrong.

My eating has been awful the past few days. I have been bummed. I did take out a book on the Atkins diet, I heard a discussion of it on the radio the other day, and what he said Dr Atkins) made a ton of sense, especially for me. My Dad passed away 17 years ago (at age 60) of a heart attack and my mom has had type 2 diabetes for about 12 years. So I have some strong genetic reasons for getting triglycerides down. (they ain't gonna be down this week with the way that I have been eating!)

Spryng- I hope that your visit with the in laws goes well. We will miss you! I hear ya with the inlaw stress thing....... got plenty of that here!

Jackie- you have the funniest stories, my friend! Best of luck with the fit for life diet! You too Spryng.

Misti- golly, when are you and Dh going to build an ark? It seems as though you have been in the Monsoon season for weeks! Hope that it ends soon.

Sheila- don't beat yourself up now that you have a Nintendo. I know of someone who actually has her kids earn Nintendo/playstation time with chores, so that they do not spend hour after hour on it. Sounds like a good plan to me, and for her it works.

Now for my guesses............and forgive me but I am tired and a bit bummed- not feeling very inspired tonite.
Jackie- this vivacious lady has curly red hair and brown eyes. Oh, and freckles too! (that one brain cell had to work overtime for that one). And a killer laugh.
Spryng-you have short blonde hair and blue eyes (your eyes are your best feature). Fair skinned too. And your hair is always under control and looks neat (how do you do that?).
Misti- chestnut brown hair and blue eyes. And you have great skin and naturally rosy cheeks. Your hair is straight, an inch or two below shoulder length.
Sheila- I have had you as a blondie since I first "met" you!
Funny, how I agree quite a bit with Misti. Your skin is very fair and your eyes are blue. I think you are tall too, with regal posture.
Jen has brown hair and warm brown eyes. And she gets a great tan- a beautiful golden color.
Sorry that I am not sounding so inspired tonite.
I am contemplating going for a walk at this ridiculous hour. (probably won't but I will get one in tomorrow!)
Have a great nite.
Ginny

spryng
04-03-2002, 11:43 AM
Good morning.
Ginny, I hope you feel more "inspired" soon. :) We are here for you. If you ever just want to talk feel free to email me ok?? I'm glad that the tension is subsiding between you and your oldest DD even though it's only because softball season is upon you. But at least it gives you a break. Did you get that walk in? Don't worry about not eating so well lately. I've been victim of that too. Yesterday I did really well so I'm hoping to continue but with us going out of town for 5 days there is no guarentee for anything. I just don't want to gain back any more. I am an advocate for atkins. if you decide to try it I have a website you would really appreciate. Let me know ok?? It's a diet that works and you really won't be hungary. Really. So that is a big benefit. Plus ou can eat all you want of specific items. So you may just want to try it for two weeks and see how you like it.
Misty, sorry to hear about all the rain. It must be especially scary since you said you've flooded out before. I hope you don't have to leave this year. A farm is a ton of hard work. My dad grew up on one and my grandmother still has most of it. Not as big anymore. So she doesn't have to put herself out as much. Do your kids love the farm? They must love the animals. That's what I miss. All the baby animals come spring. I hope is gets easier for you guys there.
Well, like I said. I did well yesterday. Not quite Fit For LIfe. (I had hamburger meat in with my spaghetti) But I was still low cal so that works for me for now. I'm still waiting on my book to get here. But I feel like I am gaining control again. Slowly. But you have to start somewhere right??
I am praying that this next 5 days go smoothly. I don't really know what to expect. There is going to be 9 people cooped up in that house and I just hope I can deal with it. My 2 yo dd and I will have to share a bed because she won't sleep alone when we aren't home. When we are home she refuses to sleep with anyone but by herself in her bed. That's a blessing. But there are times I just want to curl up with her in my bed. So I will get that this time. :) My 1 yo ds on the other hand will have to be in a crib in the same room and that will be interesting because both of my kids have always had their own rooms and won't sleep well anywhere else. This should be interesting. My Dh on the other hand won't get to share a bed with me because he tosses and turns and talks in his sleep and will wake the other two kids. So he thinks he may be banished to the kitchen. Nice anniversary huh?? :( His parents will be in the living room and his sister and her little girl will be in the other room. A full house. If I don't survive you'll know on my post when I get back. I'll be the one with a blank post :o
Anyway, remember talking about my "dear" of a husband I have??? The one who said he would help me fold laundry last night?? Well he didn't. :mad: So now I have about 10 loads to fold all by myself to day so that I can pack and be ready to go tomorrow morning. Why do they even offer if they don't mean it?? :p
I'll talk to you later. Everyone have a great day!!

Freckles
04-03-2002, 12:33 PM
Good Morning Mommies!

I'm just making a quick check in here, as I'm one busy Mommy this week! ;) Spryng: I hope you have a safe & happy trip to your MIL's house. Hang in there, in less than a week you'll be back home again! :lol: A suggestion for you: If you get lonely for us, maybe you could go to a local library & borrow one of their computers hooked up to the internet! Before you leave home make sure to get your secret password for 3FC's. If you don't remember it, 3FC's will send it again to you via e-mail. I'll miss you while your gone! Make the best of your trip. For Everyone: I know I'm one of the starters to this guessing game, but unfortunately, I'm too busy to guess right now. I'm getting a chuckle out of all your guesses on what I look like! :lol:
I'm not saying if you are right or wrong right now. I'm just having fun! Well, gotta go pick up ds right now. Have a great day everyone! I'll try & post later on today if I get a chance.

sheila061968
04-03-2002, 02:09 PM
Hello All
I am really enjoying the guesses I still have a few left to guess on
Spryng I see as a dark auburn haired mid back length with deep green eyes. Skin type fair
ECmom Dark brown ( alsmost black ) short cut hair with really dark brown eyes tanned skin
Gemini she is the toughie.. For some reason I really cant pin point an exact hair color . Gemini seems to me to wanna change hair colors ( and if she had her way she would get colored contacts to change her eye color) I think I am having a tough time guessing with you Gemini since I get that you are a true gemini and true geminis are hard to track ( That isnt a bad thing , I am a TRUE gemini myself) But since guesses are in order I will say Pale skin Dark hair auburn highlights with light brown eyes hair length short (between nape of neck and shoulders)
I will go back to see if I missed anyone and if I did I will try guess them as well
Take Care
Sheila

gemini
04-03-2002, 02:19 PM
Hi Girls... I finally feel like sitting down and typing some words. This sickness has really knocked me for a loop. But I'm on the mend, now. Not quite 100%, but on my way. :)

Ginny, I'm sorry you're feeling so bummed out. :( If I could, I would come take you out for a nice dinner and some "girl talk" to chear you up.

Misty, glad to hear you're staying afloat... hang in there.

Spryng, I hope I'm catching you before you leave for your trip... sounds like it is going to be quite the experience. All I can say is don't sweat the small stuff. I know, easier said than done. I will not say that I would help you with your laundry if I could. I am NOT a laundry person... I do wash only when necessary and hardly ever fold and put away... we have empty dresser drawers and live out of clothes baskets! :lol:

Jackie, quite a game you've come up with! I will start with you, but I want to first say that I am usually TERRIBLE at these things. So, here goes... I think Jackie has got to be a fun person with a great sense of humor... maybe short, collar length hair, no muss no fuss, brown in color... hazel eyes, and light skin.

Sheila, I picture with very long, thick chestnut colored hair... brown eyes, medium skin tone... and tall, maybe 5'8" or 9".

Ginny, I think may have shoulder length, curly hair with highlights... blue eyes and a very kind smile.

Spryng, maybe blond, longer hair, blue eyes, light skin. And for some reason I picture you with always perfect nails!

Misty, I guess maybe medium-long brown hair, usually pulled back in a pony tail (suited for farm work!), hazel eyes, tanned skin and strong arms.

Ok, so I am probably way off on my guesses! I know that one of you said recently you had your hair highlighted, and someone else had done some yardwork and got a sunburn which turned tan... I just can't remember who said those things!!! :lol: I have such bad retention... that lonely brain cell is overloaded! I will say that one of you made an excellent guess about me, but I won't say who it was. ;)

Hope you all are well today... talk soon... :wave:

gemini
04-03-2002, 02:30 PM
Sheila, I just saw your post... we must have been typing at the same time. You are so right... I am a TRUE BLUE Gemini! But, that's all I'll say...;)

spryng
04-03-2002, 04:15 PM
well girls time is getting short here with so much left to do. I'm one of those women who like to come home to a very clean house after a trip so I have been cleaning all morning. The kids just laid down for their nap so now I can begin folding my "mountain" of clothes. It's nice to know someone esle out there hates laundry too! :) I don't mind washing and drying just please please don't make me fold and hang. But I don't have a choice today. I want everything put away and our bags packed and I can't do that unless I can find the clothes I want. And that requires folding and hanging. I still have a kitchen to clean, sweep and mop and two bathrooms to go. But don't worry, it'll get done. We are leaving around 11:00 am tomorrow. It's a four hour drive. I am actually starting to really look forward to the drive. It's been a long time since we have went anywhere. I guess I'm just ready to get out of town you know??
This guessing game is so funny. Did I guess everyone yet? I hope so. I'll have to go back and look. When do we post what we the answers?? Can you guys wait until I get back? I don't want to miss in the fun. :lol:
Well I better get to folding before I lose my motivation. I'll check in again later tonight.

spryng
04-04-2002, 01:13 AM
I just wanted to say goodbye to all of you. I won't get a chance to post tomorrow before I leave so I am posting this last time tonight.
I hope everyone is happy and has a great week and weekend. I will post either monday night or tuesday morning. I'll miss you though! :(
I guess I better get some sleep. G'night and G'bye!!! :cool:

sheila061968
04-04-2002, 01:33 PM
we will miss you too Spryng have a safe trip and hope it is a great time away
Sheila

Will post more later ladies just a bit busy right this second take Care

ECmom
04-04-2002, 10:21 PM
Hi!
First of all.........Have a great trip Spryng! We will miss you!:(
I am as ever, the brain dead one.........an will go ahead and start a new thread #39 (if noone beat me to it) See ya there!!!!!!!!!!!!
And when do we get to find out what we look like?
Ginny

( I will say that someone was sort of close.........well sort of:D )