Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-25-2008, 08:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 284/220/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Do you ever just have a BAD day?

I mean a REALLY BAD day? I have had a heapload on my plate today as far as life is concerned... just one thing after another and I am at my max stress/worry level. I started out my day with the best of intentions and then threw in the towel and took the day "OFF" from my food plan. Do you ever have to do this? I could beat myself 1001 times over this but it would do no good. I just feel guilty and angry and flustered but then there is this little dude on my shoulder telling me it is all ok to have a day off from the rough stuff (aka dieting). I have no intentions of throwing in the towel at all... have been in this too long to give up everything I've worked so hard for. I just feel somewhat justified in having a total 100% play day - eat what I want when I want. Anyone else ever go through this? How did you cope? Did you just let it go and wake up tommorrow full speed ahead? or did you find it hard to not beat yourself up continually? HELP!

DarlaLOU
DarlaLOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 138/127/120

Height: 5'4

I'm really sorry that you had a bad day It's okay to have "off" days from dieting, but the problem I have with yours was that it seems like you were using food to deal with stress, which is a relapse kind of behavior. Like someone who is trying to quit smoking having a stressful day and having a pack of cigarettes that day. I'm not saying to feel guilty or beat yourself up about it... what's done is done, and all you can do is wake up tomorrow and start fresh and full speed ahead like you were saying. But maybe next time you are feeling very stressed, you should try some other forms of coping. Maybe getting a massage, or a pedicure, or going shopping, or seeing a movie. Something that's a treat and a way to relax that doesn't involve food.

Tomorrow is a brand new day
Zima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:21 PM   #3  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Listen to the little dude, the little dude is right: it IS all okay.

I think it's good to remeber that we're not going to eat "perfectly" all the time, whether that's because of special occassions, surprises, or those good ol' bad days.

I do not think there is anything worth beating ourselves up over, since it's not constructive and it's not helpful - it only makes us feel worse, and that usually makes it even more difficult to stay on track. And it's the choices we make on a consistent basis over the long-term really affect our results, rather than a couple days off plan here and there, so why make yourself feel horrible? It's just not worth it! And you deserve better .

I really admire and applaud your attitude and motivation about getting back on track - it is AWESOME, good for you !!!!

Last edited by beautifulone; 07-25-2008 at 09:21 PM.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:17 AM   #4  

I've had bad YEARS, and I'm still here! Don't worry just forgive yourself and get back on track seems to be the best advice.
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 269/255/200

Height: 5/6

Sorry you had a bad day.
BAILYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:18 PM   #6  
How much longer?

S/C/G: 180/ticker/130

Height: 5'5'

I have those days. They usually end with an In-N-Out double double animal style with extra fries and maybe some ice cream. OHHH AND MAN IS IT GOOD!!!

Those days now come few and far between because I have stayed focused. It is ok to stumble. You are not perfect, we are human!

Every day I pick apart my diet and excercise. Everyday I find something i can do better and I beat my self over it. So what helps me is to put a post it note by my bed and in large letters write 'TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY, START IT NEW AND FRESH' meaning move on, start over, hit the reset button, don't look back, and do better the next day. Everyday you do better, the easier it gets. YOU CAN DO IT!

Last edited by Insatiable; 07-28-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Insatiable is offline   Reply With Quote