South Beach Diet - TGIF Chick Chat

View Full Version : TGIF Chick Chat

cottagebythesea
07-25-2008, 06:22 AM
Happy Friday!

Jake made the coffee this morning since he doesn't have to go in til a little later this morning. What a treat!

Today a group of us are taking the kids to the Herr's Snack Factory for a tour. We did that last summer, too, but the kids wanted to go again. They offer you samples of potato chips hot from the ovens, and even though I'm not a chip lover, they're absolutely delicious.

Today is my grandson's first birthday, too. I'm not sure if we're going to celebrate tonight, or wait until Sunday. We have a big birthday/graduation party tomorrow for my niece, so it looks like the entire weekend will be a celebration. It'll be a 3 day weekend for me, since I'm scheduled for my colonoscopy on Monday. Ugh.

ladybugnessa
07-25-2008, 06:27 AM
good morning. Bri made my coffee... and drove me to work. I got here at 6 so I can leave at 2:30 so we can go to La Plata (about 2 hours away) for racing tonite. OY the life of rednecks with money....

Herr's factory huh? I bet it's fun... I wonder if UTZ does it too....

and Happy birthday to the grandson Cottage...

Ruthxxx
07-25-2008, 06:27 AM
Good morning. Pour a cup and sit for while. It's not as muggy today as it was yesterday and we may even see the sun. :sunny: :carrot:

Big t-storm last night knocked out the power in the whole village until after midnight. It was so weird to see all the darkness but the Fair looked gorgeous with all the lights. (The Fair rides run on their own generators.)

I'm about to load up and take my big crockpot of chili over to the Office. Then I'll buy some rolls. :yikes: With no electricity last night, I didn't get baking and sure wasn't going to fire up the woodstove to make rolls. When I come home, I'll start the beef stew for tomorrow. I am tired of cooking!

The Pypers will be back next week for a couple of days when we are supposed to have sunshine. They did Montreal yesterday and then decided to go home near Ottawa rather than come back here. So I have a breather from the cooking and chaos. Of course, I still have this monster boat in my lane to baby sit but it's quiet and doesn't eat or leave towels on the floor! :lol: And Grand Dog Bailey is still here too but she is a sweetie and minds her Grandma very well.

The three dogs have done nothing but sleep since the company left. I think it must be very tiring staying on the "qui vive" all the time watching for cookie crumbs to fall or someone who looks ready to do ear scritching! :)

Time to get rolling. May be able to pop in later. :cofdate:

Ruthxxx
07-25-2008, 06:34 AM
:wave: at Cottage and Ladybugnessa. I just knew somebody's pop in while I went on and on in my post.

Nessa, rednecks with money? Isn't that an oxymoron? Enjoy!

Cottage, sounds like a busy but fun weekend before your big event on Monday. I get a scope every two years and find the prep worse than the procedure.

The AC came back on when the power returned last night and my windows are all steamed up. I guess I should venture out to check the weather before I get dressed. The forecast says no precipitation but I don't trust it anymore as we've had rain every day this month except for three.

Outta here!

CyndiM
07-25-2008, 06:44 AM
Good morning :coffee2:

Cottage - Hard to imagine a colonoscopy as part of a three day weekend! Enjoy the parties (is it a colonoscopy party?!)

Nessa - Hope work whizzes by and you're off to weekend activities soon :)

Ruth - The weather has been crazy this year! Enjoy the sunshine.

I'm off to yoga in a few. I am doing a few days of P1 and had to remember light breakfasts. I usually eat hot cereal before yoga because it doesn't sit in my stomach. I made a yummy concoction of ff cottage cheese with chopped tomato and shredded zucchini. perfect!

Looks like we actually have a day with no rain today. Everything is soaked but I'm going to get out and walk and/or bike and make up for last week.

Have a good day Chicks!

cottagebythesea
07-25-2008, 06:53 AM
Cottage - Hard to imagine a colonoscopy as part of a three day weekend! Enjoy the parties (is it a colonoscopy party?!)

:lol: Right. And you're sick. I'm not looking forward to the procedure at all. The only good that will come of it is that I'm not allowed to do anything afterwards, so I'm looking forward to a day of reading and leisure.

femmecreole
07-25-2008, 07:08 AM
Morning all. Crazy day yesterday. We were on the way to bring my MIL over to the gulf coast to visit relatives for a few days when her phone rang. It was my sister in law calling from Houston to tell us that my BIL has to have a triple bypass this morning. (my husband's brother, MIL's oldest son) So we continued on to the coast (driving through a horrid storm) and when we got there, MIL had her flight changed to leave last night. We visited for a while, then had to head back to go to the airport in New Orleans so she could catch her flight home to Houston to be there for the surgery. Luckily the weather cleared up for the drive and flight back.

We are just going to hang around here today to hear about the surgery. Everyone is pretty nervous about it.

Cottage: give that birthday boy a kiss for me!! I know your procedure will go just fine. The dread is definately worse!

Ruth: Glad you got your power back on. That is no fun at all !!

Nessa: hope your work day goes quickly so you can have fun at the races !!

Cyndi: Enjoy the yoga class. I really have to get back into that...so relaxing.

Loriann7
07-25-2008, 07:12 AM
Good Morning all. Was without a phone line (which means dsl was down) all day yesterday. Very frustrating! The storm is over, at least for today. They are calling for rain over the weekend as well. I'm bound and determined to get my dog out for exercise today! Suppose to be a nice one.

Enjoy your day all.

ladybugnessa
07-25-2008, 08:04 AM
:lol: Right. And you're sick. I'm not looking forward to the procedure at all. The only good that will come of it is that I'm not allowed to do anything afterwards, so I'm looking forward to a day of reading and leisure.

and umm isn't the day before food only clear liquids?

TwynnB
07-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Good morning chicks!!

Cottage - what an exciting weekend! Happy Birthday to the little grandson!!

Ruth - Rolls. mmmm. Haven't thought about those in a LONG time. I did find a whole wheat recipe I might try. Sigh...

Nessa - Redneck?! LOL - you would LOVE NC!!! Ever been to a mud sling?

Cyndi - enjoy the Yoga!

Cat - Hope your BIL does fine. That's gotta be stressful on the family.

Me - WOOOooOOO! Three day weekend!! What am I to do with myself?!?! My cute little red headed daughter is laying next to me, watching tv :). Plan is to send them to daycare so the hubbie and I can get errands and workout done (we're doing a 3 mi course together...should be interesting...he's a foot taller than I! His stride is SO much longer!). Then off to go camping for the weekend!

ANd, I'm going to officially switch my goal (since I'm now below it!!). THanks for all your support!!

ladybugnessa
07-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Nessa - Redneck?! LOL - you would LOVE NC!!! Ever been to a mud sling?

nope... what is it?

part of the reason DH is willing to move is RACING!

Pearlrose
07-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Good morning Chickies

Cottage have a fun tour today

Ruth enjoy your quiet time today

Nessa have fun at the races

Lori glad to hear you got your dsl back up and running- we lost power Thursday early am but only for 3 hours

Cat let us know how the surgery went- prayers going your way

Cyndi have a good day and enjoy your class

Last night after work went to Six Flags for Natasha Bedingfield (Sp?) concert- she was really good even though we had to wear rain ponchos but didn't rain too bad

Today after work me and DH are going to see xfiles movie- Enjoy your day Ladies

Belle Mer
07-25-2008, 08:37 AM
No time to chat today. Busy day. I hope everyone has a great Friday!

Pearlrose
07-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Good morning TwynnB- CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING 1 LB PAST GOAL!!!:congrat::cheer2:

TwynnB
07-25-2008, 08:39 AM
nope... what is it?

part of the reason DH is willing to move is RACING!

They dig a BIG pit, put a truck in it, with a bunch of water (mud), and see if it can get out. Most watching have a beer in hand.

Never went myself, but my co-worker was a BIG fan!

ladybugnessa
07-25-2008, 08:41 AM
They dig a BIG pit, put a truck in it, with a bunch of water (mud), and see if it can get out. Most watching have a beer in hand.

Never went myself, but my co-worker was a BIG fan!

oh yeah DH will LOVE that....

weezle
07-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Morning all! Little Guy's owie is healing very quickly thankfully. We're putting ointment on it and keeping it covered to try to reduce the chance of him having a scar there. Keeping our fingers crossed. He brought home his first picture from Kindergarten yesterday and it's of him with marks on his face and a big bandaid. Sigh. First picture from school and it's of him all beat up. It's on the fridge though. Poor kiddo.

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY! It's been a long week. I'm ready to relax for sure. I need a new book. I read all the ones I bought a month ago.

Well, it's shower time and off to work one more day. Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Lisa

Pacergal29
07-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Well you all are chatty this morning! TGIF indeed! This week has drug on forever it seems. Not alot of time for personals today.

Cat prayers for the BIL.

Nessa enjoy the races! We are headed to the brickyard Sunday, 250,000 rednecks in one place! 2 nascar races in 2 weeks, I'll never get the red off my neck! ;)

Typical day at work, then cleaning and laundry tomorrow with an early bedtime as we normally leave for the race about 5AM. Much later and the traffic is just unbearable! It's bad enough getting out.

I have had a great week exercise wise, yoga everyday and walking at night when the weather has allowed. GO ME!

Have a great one ladies!

JessieW
07-25-2008, 09:15 AM
Nessa--NC is definitely the place to be if you like racing! My parents had a big old signed Nascar tire sitting on our deck in VA. :D Then they moved to PA where everyone thinks they are weird, they'd rather watch Nascar than Eagles!

In VA many 'necks I knew went "rooting." I think here they just call it muddin'. Which is driving your truck around in the mud. Woohoo. LOL. Not my thing. Recently a few teens died here in TN doing it too--they got stuck and the mud went over their tailpipe. :(

Baby is sure jumping around this morning. I've got work to do so I guess I should skedaddle.

Does anyone know where Laurie (beachgal) has gone off to? I miss her. :(

GONNABE165
07-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Good Friday morning to you all. I am so glad this weeks almost over with 2 aunt's a friend and pastors wife passing and then MIL faling out of her wheelchair and messing up her knee I need a break.

Been having internet problems at home and at work so it's been hard to get here.

Tonite is family dinner night (Ale House) is dh's resturant of choice then tomorrow is a day at the beach for my sweet peas (nephews) 1st bday party and then Sunday is church, grocery shopping and housework.

Cat my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Jessie glad to here your lil one is doing well

Have a great morning!

hmacneil6
07-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!! Happy Friday! Woo Hoo!!!!
Cottage - Sounds like your weekend is PACKED! Have fun on the tour today, try to stay away from those chips.....I'd be so impressed if you could just eat ONE!

Nessa - I almost lost my smoothie when you said "OY the life of rednecks with money...." Seriously, thanks for the morning laugh! Have a good time at the races!

Ruth - Have fun at the fair today. I know you "work it" and all, but I really hope you're able to have a good time with it as well. And it's nice to know that you are willing to be a plebeian like the rest of us and actually "BUY" rolls. Welcome to our world. ;)

Cyndi - Hope yoga went well this morning and you got all stretched out. Enjoy the dry weather, I hope it stays around for a while for ya.

Cat - So sorry to hear about your BIL. I hope all goes well with the surgery.

Lorianne - Glad to hear that you got your computer up. Good luck getting out with the pup today.

Twynnb - Have a great afternoon with your dh. And have an even better time camping! Congrats on the new goal!

Pearlrose - I really like Natasha Bettingfield. Glad to hear that the concert was good. Have a good at the movies tonight!

Belle Mer - GOOD MORNING!!!

Weezle - Glad to hear that the boy is getting better quickly. I noticed yesterday that you and I have a common factor in our siggys.....Philippians 4:13. COOL!

Stephanie - Great job on the exercising......keep it up!

Jessie - Good to know that the baby is already an active one!!!

Gonnabe - Enjoy your break....I'll continue to be in prayers for you. Things sound rough. Hang in there!

ME - Chatty, chatty, chatty this morning! Nice to see everyone checking in today. Quiet day at work, but then I've got a chiropractic appointment. Then this evening Rich and I are headed to the OC Fair. We LOVE all of the people participation stuff (baking, collections, photography, etc....) and we ALWAYS stop to see the "WORLDS LARGEST HORSE" . And I cross my fingers that there are little baby animals in the nursery. Should be a good time, but I'm worried about what I'm going to eat. I've been working really hard and the weight is SLOWLY falling off. I don't want to do anything tonight that will slow the process any more. I think I'm really going to have to strategize.

Have a FANTASTIC Friday, Ladies!!!
ENJOY!!

phxsunflower
07-25-2008, 09:29 AM
:swim:still going:swim:

Just checking in and have a question. All is busy with the end of swim and the start of school. Looks like everyones week is ending better than it began hope it stays that way.

I think I need to start focusing on portion sizes now. I found a list once before but I couldn't copy it for one reason or another and now I would really like to find it again. Any ideas where I can find one? I understand what I am suppose to eat it is the portioning that I need. Maybe that would help me get past this block I seem to have with going below my prebabies weight.:shrug:

My weekend looks like a quiet one. Well as quiet as a mom with 4 kids can have. Need to get the girls rooms done. Got it done 1/2 way 2 weeks ago and then lost interest and now it will be like starting all over.:ugh:

Everyone have a great day and a safe one too!

zeffryn
07-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Morning BUSY ladies! You sure have been posting a lot this morning.

Today was our day to sleep in as DH doesn't have to teach until 10:30. For some reaon DS knows it is sleep-in day and does the same.

I really need to get cracking on getting ready for our vacation. I've got most of the laundry done, but I need to do a bit more. I also like to get the place spic and span before we leave so I don't have to come home to a mess. It is pretty clean, but I always do a deep clean. I also have to get to the butcher to pick up some sausage - I'm making a gumbo for my dad's birthday and getting decent cajun sausage in the midwest is almost impossible.

Mel- To answer your question from yesterday, I'm 27.
myspace.com/mshefnerifyourenasty My myspace if you want to know anything more. My husband is on there as well.

Anyway, I should probably start getting breakfast ready...I have no idea what to have. I'm really craving eggs and toast...but we're out of bread :(

Hope everyone has a great day!

femmecreole
07-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Ah, Zeff...you are the same age as my baby girl. (http://www.kodakgallery.com/femmecreole/main/marie) So that seals the deal..you have to move here instead of N.O. or B.R. I need a shopping buddy. Since my daughter moved to LA last year, shopping is just no fun. (btw, she doesn't look as "hard" as those pictures look...the makeup artist pretty much painted her. Those eyebrows they drew on are a hoot)

zeffryn
07-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Cat - BR isn't too far from you, eh? We could always meet up and do some shopping...You are about the same age as my momma (well, actually quite a bit younger, she's 58)...and she lives 1300 miles away. :)

Your daughter is beautiful, btw. Nice genes.

cocowgirl
07-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Morning beach buddies!
Hope everyone is having a good day...
Cottage: Have fun at Herr's. (no herr's, utz or tastee cake here..guess thats a good thing) when we go back to visit family we stop at herr's and amish country..that's another story... :)
Nessa: Have fun at the races...Where in Md are you...I grew up there.
Cat: Thoughts and prayers with your family...got my jillian dvd yesterday..might start this weekend.
Pacergal: Have a great time at the brickyard...well be watching..cant wait til Nov..going to phoenix race...go Tony!!
Me: Going out to eat w/Hubby...first time on plan...really nervous! After that maybe a movie...
Everyone have a good day...
Sara

:carrot: :dust: :carrot:

JessieW
07-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Zeff, Wow, you are a young momma. I am 26 and I feel like no one else my age is having babies. I've been ready though for years. If DH had not been in school I think we would have started even earlier!

zeffryn
07-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Jessie - We weren't exactly planning DS1 ;) We were planning to wait until DH was out of school...Oh well, you can't plan everything!

It seems like everyone down here is having babies...I feel like the oldest person ever when we're at the OB.....a lot of REALLY young preggos around here.

ladybugnessa
07-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Cocow I am in Baltimore county.... but we are true road warriors at heart.

where in MD did you grow up?

cocowgirl
07-25-2008, 10:34 AM
I grew up in Baltimore county...went to Dulaney High School and Towson State.
I lived in Phoenix Md and Whitemarsh/ Parkville area....Moved to Colorado about 5 yrs ago...My family is in Forrest Hill...

JessieW
07-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Since I'm doing such a good job not working today...did I show y'all my big old belly? I feel like it's inflating at a very rapid rate lately.

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v307/186/69/15804200/n15804200_31688843_7299.jpg

femmecreole
07-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Aw, Jessie, you look just great!!!! So pretty and happy. You are beautiful.
I had my first at 25 and my 3rd, (aka the big surprise) at 32. I miss my babies, but I like the people they turned in to.

Zeff, I'm about 40 minutes from BR, so if you move there, we can hit Whole Foods together, ok? Oh, and Target and the gap and the mall of Louisiana, and the cute boutiques and Bone Fish Grill, and Mansurs on the Boulevard and...oh, my gawd, I'm tired now. I'm old and must nap :)

zeffryn
07-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Jessie- you're so cute! You have a definite preg glow.

I wish I was getting bigger...for some reason, I think I'm getting smaller... but the baby is fine and big for its age...who knows.

JessieW
07-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Zeff I really didn't show one bit until about 19 weeks. I guess that is fairly normal with your first though, plus I have the extra "stuffing" for her to show through. I am sure you will be big before too long!!

And Cat, thank you!! This week has probably been the hardest in my pregnancy. Yesterday i asked someone at work if they'd just cut me open and get the baby out. I am hoping for better weeks ahead!!

ladybugnessa
07-25-2008, 11:14 AM
I grew up in Baltimore county...went to Dulaney High School and Towson State.
I lived in Phoenix Md and Whitemarsh/ Parkville area....Moved to Colorado about 5 yrs ago...My family is in Forrest Hill...

I know the area. I'm in Owings Mills now. Husband is from Catonsville. I graduated Randallstown OMG 30 years ago....

I dated a guy from Parkvill in the early 90s....

zeffryn
07-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Zeff I really didn't show one bit until about 19 weeks. I guess that is fairly normal with your first though, plus I have the extra "stuffing" for her to show through. I am sure you will be big before too long!!

And Cat, thank you!! This week has probably been the hardest in my pregnancy. Yesterday i asked someone at work if they'd just cut me open and get the baby out. I am hoping for better weeks ahead!!

I showed late with DS1, and this time I started showing around 10 weeks....but I feel like I've gotten smaller....I just have a baby bump, but you really can't see it with clothes on.

Oh well.

Cat- Oh man, Bonefish. That is our favorite restaurant here. I'm definitely down for some shopping though....I'll let you know if we move there :) Even if we don't....it's only about an hour from here. We could meet for some Whole Foods...I always need an excuse to go.

zeffryn
07-25-2008, 11:21 AM
ok....why does the phone have to ring every single time I try to go pee?

GONNABE165
07-25-2008, 11:23 AM
AWWWW Jessie your too cute

hmac thanks for the continued prayers

Cat your daughter is very pretty - good genes

Barb0522
07-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Jesse - You look beautiful!

I was 34 when I had Brian. That seemed so old but I actually know several other women my age who had their one and only son at that age. I'm only 45 now but I wonder what my hormones are doing. I've been getting night sweats for years and when I'm off the pill (like now), I'm two weeks late so far. But then that's not unusual for me to be so irregular. My sister had her first when she was 17 so there is a lot of age difference between her boys and Brian.

You guys need to send some of the rain you are getting to Dallas. I was going to say "to Texas" but South Texas is quite wet with the hurricane aftermath. We're supposed to have 7 straight days of 100+ temps and I think we've only had one day with rain this month. It's very dry. Although nothing like what Indiagal is dealing with.

Nothing big for me today. I'm just getting ready for the Junior Staff pool party tomorrow at my house. Luckily I have most of the food left from the adult staff party.

CyndiM
07-25-2008, 11:56 AM
I feel your pain Barb :) Since losing weight I'm getting my TOM every three weeks, have night sweats, occasional dizziness and other fun filled extras. I am 47 so it's not exactly a big surprise but still :(

Fat Melanie
07-25-2008, 03:29 PM
JessieW, you look great ! And I love that shirt, where did you get it? Such a pretty color.

Everybody else, hope you are doing well.

I am like, annoyed. Okay, so that sounds whiny and teenagerish, but oh well, heh. I am on Day 11 of Phase 1 but I still fully intending on reading the book until I am an expert... well I was supposed to meet a lady from our local Freecycle, at Burger King, to get the book. But BF never shows, he was supposed to get off work early and didn't EVEN CALL TO TELL ME HE WASN'T ABLE TO GET OFF WORK. GRRR! :mad:

I could have at least emailed the lady before 2 (time I was supposed to meet her) to let her know I wasn't able to make it! I emailed an apology anyway, hopefully we can try it again. I imagine she must be pretty p*ssed off, she doesn't actually even live in this county, but was coming through it, and had to make a stop for a person who didn't even show. God, I feel embarrassed and bad about it.

Going to kill BF; maybe he couldn't help that he couldn't get off work like he said he was gonna do, but he could have at least called.

We had a huge fight last night, the meds haven't kicked in yet, plus he suddenly had a crazy mood swing that goes along with bipolarism and refused to take them. Just simply refused to take his nighttime anti-psychotic. He was like, ranting and raving. I made the mistake of telling him that he needed his pills to be normal... oops. Big mistake. All **** broke loose, I mean really. He is very ultra sensitive about having to take meds for a mental illness and percieved it as an attack, like I'm saying he's insane and is only normal on those pills (which is partly true sometimes, lol.) But I really meant that he is his true, normal personality when he is on the meds. When he's off of them, he can devolve suddenly into a beast, who is not him. And it's pretty scary.

I am stubborn too, and I also have a bad temper as well. I do not take well to being verbally attacked or anything of the kind. Not at all. And I have a big mouth. But I tried to keep it in check, understanding that the pills haven't yet kicked in and I tried to be understanding, tried to explain what I really meant. But he wasn't having none of it. He would rage one minute, throw cat food around, threw stuff off of the table, then the next minute burst into tears (yes! A grown man of 27! Seriously!) because he feels like a big loser for having to take these pills. And I know, I admit, I wasn't helping any by my comments and my matter-of-fact, tell-it-like-it-is, sort of 'tude. Like, "Well DAMMIT man, you ARE crazy, YOU DO NEED TO BE ON THESE PILLS!" Uh yeah. Not helping. God, I can be such a b*tch.

Then the next minute he started claiming I'm always accusing him of something and 90% of the fights is me, and I make him act this way... then the next minute acknowledging it's his mental illnesses... but I'm like, (omg, I haven't accused him of anything, the paranoia crap is kicking in...) Then I just got so fed up and told him that the next day I would be calling my grandparents and moving in with them.

He was all like, "why not leave now! There's the door!" And I'm like, "excuse me HONEY, but my name's on the lease too. How 'bout YOU get the ---- out?" I mean, it went on like this, and just a bunch of talk about a bunch of BS about a bunch of NOTHING...

He finally did calm down... but a simple comment (don't even remember what it was) drove him off the edge again. Finally calmed down for good, took his pill, we went to bed, by then it was like, 4 in the morning, and he started crying again. These moodswings are really getting to me, very hard to deal with. He was crying about how he really DOES like cats (he hates 'em), but he is scared to get attached to another one because when he was 17, his father took 2 kittens that he loved, put them in a bag, and threw them over the peoria river (he is NC born and bred, but his dad is from Illinois, and he lived with them on and off.) I was disturbed to say the least... but had no clue what was the relevance.... which was also disturbing... then he was crying because he feels like he is picked on by people (okay, now this is utter BS, because BF is one of the most popular people that I know. It's the paranoia that makes him think this way. On his pills, he does not think in that paranoid way at all.) And then something about how in middle school, he got picked on (I doubt this.. but it is his perception, or his skewed memories, his paranoid mind skewing the memories)... and then went on to stop crying, talked about the day he won his daughter from his mother, and how he would never have anything to do with "that b*tch" ever again. How she is the cause of most of his issues ( now, THAT, I agree with.) But during our fight, I said to him, if you can't comply with your medical treatment, do you really think your daughter needs to BE here? Do you really think it's best for her to be here with you off of your meds and a loose cannon??" I am like, dead serious with him. Take the pills the doctor prescribed (the man didn't go to school for like a bazillion years for nothin) and go to your therapy. Or I can't possibly in good conscience go with him to court at this time. I am supportive of him and believe he deserves his daughter, and know he is not a threat to his children, he never has been. But the emotional impact of seeing their father flip out like that is surely not a good one...

I talked about maybe we really needed a relationship break... he became teary once more, overly needy, and was literally clinging to me like a little kid.

......................................I think the doctor needs to up his dosage.

Well nah, honestly? When he's on his pills and taking them REGULARLY, he is perfectly fine. I know pills aren't a quick fix and don't work for everyone, but they seriously work on him.

Well sorry for the rambling on, I just really, really needed to vent. Called my bff's house, her mom picked up, and she had a fight with her moms so she went to go stay with her grandpa's, and I deleted his # from the caller ID... oops. So I wasn't able to vent, and I really needed to.

CyndiM
07-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Going to kill BF;

Important relationship tip - if you write this on the internet then it's premeditated. Bad idea ;)

CyndiM
07-25-2008, 04:01 PM
I now have a flat of blueberries and a half basket of fresh peaches :dance:

So far it's been a productive day. I have 9 trays of shredded squash drying (down to about a cup!), shopped, and survived yoga after being lazy for 2 weeks! Now to bike or walk then off to the Farmer's Market. Then grilling, making blueberry leather, packaging the squash, falling down :)

Ruth and other gardening types - you'll love this one. I planted 2 squash plants in my small space. 1 was a zucchini and 1 was a UFO squash (don't know the real name but if you've seen them you know the ones I mean!). Well both plants have squash on them, but they're UFO shaped and the are more green and striped then yellow. I kept waiting for them to turn yellow and then realized what had happened. Oops. Maybe I'll save some seeds for next year - just for fun :)

Cat - your daughter is the same age as mine :)

:wave: everyone. gotta get my butt moving (I keep wanting to refer to it as my big butt but it really isn't anymore. go figure!)

Barb0522
07-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Melanie - You are in a tough situation. Honestly, the whole time I was reading your post, I just kept thinking what a bad situation this would be for a child to be living with. I really think he needs to get stable on his meds before he has his daughter living with him. And I think you need to think about whether you and your child should be there. One of the reasons I finally filed for divorce was because I felt that it was better for Brian to be living with one happy parent than listening to arguments all the time. As Ann Landers used to say "ask yourself if you are better off with him or without him".

Cyndi - I'm jealous of the fresh produce. We have one store here that specializes in fresh fruits and veggies (and lots of organic stuff too) and I just might have to stop on the way home. Yum!

femmecreole
07-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Cyndi, those UFO squash are pure gold. I love them...pattypan squash.

Last week they were 6.99 a lb. I checked them again today when I was at the store and they were 7.99 a lb. Obviously they all stayed at the store.

cocowgirl
07-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Afternoon beach buddies!
Nessa: I graduated 28 yrs ago(1980) I know how you feel....:)
Me: Went to Bennetts BBQ for lunch today...didnt do too bad..Had salad with chicken, beef and pork on top...asked for a box when I ordered...took half off the plate and brought home for dinner...Hubby and I are gonna check out the Rec center gym/pool...then maybe a movie...
Check in later...have a good evening...
Sara

:carrot::dust::broc:

hmacneil6
07-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Cyndi - I know you're trying to be good right now, but I found a blueberry-peach cobbler recipe on Kalynn's Kitchen website that I'm trying this coming week. You mentioned blueberries and peaches.......just in case you wanted something sweet.....forgive me if I'm being bad ;)

zeffryn
07-25-2008, 07:54 PM
mel- I answered your age question earlier in the thread.....

Sorry to hear your bf is being an ***....men are like that....a lot. ;)

zeffryn
07-25-2008, 08:12 PM
DH and I just made dinner and spread out some blankets and pillows in the living room. Time for family movie night. DS wants to watch polar bears on Planet Earth, so that is his pick...after he goes to bed, we're watching The Bucket List and The Bank Job.

DS is beginning to really like family movie night. He knows that we get to eat dinner in the living room, have popcorn (I also bought some all fruit popsicles - but he doesn't know that yet) and lounge on blankets and pillows. He says it is like camping out in the living room. :)

Fat Melanie
07-25-2008, 10:15 PM
BF wanted to watch The Bank Job tonight, but now he's asleep. Well, that's what happens when we stays up arguing until 4am, when he's got to get up in like 2 hours to go to work... :D

It's okay though 'cause I am making that custard recipe right now. Not my idea of the best Friday night, sitting alone on my computer, but mmm... I am gonna eat that custard warm, I don't care...

Zeffryn, you're the same age as BF. I was thinking more of 24/25 but I wasn't too far off. I have a myspace as well, but I don't know the link to it. Is it okay if I add you to my friends list? (heeh, that sounds geeky.) :D

Fat Melanie
07-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Melanie - You are in a tough situation. Honestly, the whole time I was reading your post, I just kept thinking what a bad situation this would be for a child to be living with. I really think he needs to get stable on his meds before he has his daughter living with him. And I think you need to think about whether you and your child should be there. One of the reasons I finally filed for divorce was because I felt that it was better for Brian to be living with one happy parent than listening to arguments all the time. As Ann Landers used to say "ask yourself if you are better off with him or without him".

I agree with everything you said. The bad thing is, he was stable on his meds, until he started to come off then several times (behind my back, and later I found out.) We had been getting along beautifully up until the past 2 months. But there had only been a few fights as opposed to before he was ever on meds and before he admitted he had a problem. This is the worse time for him to be doing this, and I definitely agree he needs to be stable on his meds before his daughter lives here. We talked today... briefly, because he always has a million different things running through his head to have a long deep conversation... and I told him again that I could not in good conscience go to court unless I know he truly wants to continue on his meds and be the best father he can possibly be.

He told me that he sees that the meds really are helping him, how calmer and less rushed and frantic he feels when he is on them. I told him his kids deserve the best father he can be, even if that means taking pills. Told him I'm not putting up with it anymore... either he's on board with his treatment, and on board with having his children in the same household, or he's not.

I think he's going to do the right thing.

........I hope.

But honestly, I do not want my son to have to grow up with a bipolar father and a mother who fight all of the time... You did the best thing for your son. I will do the same, if Daniel doesn't comply with the meds. I told him THIS IS THE LAST TIME... He looked in my eyes and knew I was serious. Hopefully this time it's for real. He had been doing so good. he needs to realize that.

Barb0522
07-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Best of luck, Mel. It sounds like you had a really good talk. I truly hope it helps.

I had a productive evening and I'm now feeling very relaxed. I stopped by the new Sprouts grocery store on the way home from work and got some wonderful fruit and produce for great prices. I bought some chicken shish-ka-bobs and grilled them for dinner with asparagus and then weedwacked and mowed and replaced a sprinkler head. At that point I was hot and sweaty so I relaxed in the pool. Brian's been tied to his new Wii game but I'll pull him away soon. It just felt so good to swim.

I don't have a lot to do tomorrow. Just a strawberry pie and brownies to make. A load of laundry, straighten the house, pick up a few last minute things and 60 pounds of ice and load the ice chests for the party. We may only have 20 or 30 so this might be smaller than last weekend's party. Either way it will be fun. I love having people over.

Fat Melanie
07-25-2008, 11:33 PM
Mmm brownies... wish I could have brownies...

I made chocolate custard... but I did something wrong, cause I decided to chance it on the stovetop and it was all fine and smooth... until I sat here too long and it curdled!

Sickeningly, I'm sitting here eating it anyway. Its texture is that of the chocolate ricotta creme, and I just don't like it.

I will try again tomorrow. Sigh. I knew I shouldn't have become impatient and raised the heat to 3 instead of keeping it on low!

zeffryn
07-26-2008, 12:35 AM
mel, you're more than welcome to add me ;)