General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-24-2008, 08:11 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default WE FINALLY GET IT!...yea right...

Last night I'm watching a ballgame and I see a commercial from Burger King. Seems they have apple fries now....

apple slices shaped like french fries....

I 'spose it's so the kids think they are eating like mommy and daddy...

I guess this way we can feed our kids a good thing as we teach them the fries we are eating are a bad thing.

Then tonight I read in the paper that Jack In The Box has something called CHEESY MACARONI BITES.....

ONLY $1.69 for a 3 piece serving or $2.99 for a 6 piece serving...a much better deal

Macaroni noodles and Kraft cheese sandwiched in a wedge-shaped tempura-battered shell that's DEEP FRIED!

YUM-O!...yumm-yumm

WILL WE EVER LEARN?
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:21 PM   #2  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Two steps forward one step back?

As long as people don't take it into their own hands to learn about their own health mistakes - the fast food chain has nothing to worry about any time soon. I think the only thing worse than them being manipulative about their menu - is the fact that so many people are still naive enough to buy in to it.

It's not as if anyone really ever expected fast food corporations to have our best intentions in mind. Until people take their health into their very own hands and stage a fast-food coup nothing is going to change.

But, the changes to have fruit and milk on the menu do seem teasingly promising!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:41 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I really don't blame fast food places. This is America...and Canada and Europe....free countries.

I'm all for business making a buck or two...

it's just that you would think (HOPE) in today's market...

that deep fried macaroni and cheese wouldn't sell!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I have heard a whole generation of kids are growing up not knowing how to use a knife and fork as they only eat fast foods , no utensils necessary!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Oh, my - I love macaroni and cheese, but that doesn't even sound good. I'm thankful that is a chain we don't have here in northern MI!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:25 PM   #6  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Ewww on the mac & cheese. I bet you anything, my dh will probably buy that, lol. If he doesnt, then I will give him a billion kisses right then & there.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:26 PM   #7  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
Oh, my - I love macaroni and cheese, but that doesn't even sound good. I'm thankful that is a chain we don't have here in northern MI!
You don't have Burger King in Michigan ? WOW... Good Goin..
I thought they had infiltrated every inch of the USA

That commercial really bothered me... talk about mixed messages... Next, are we going to be developing hybrids like celery nuggets ???
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:33 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Seriously...I love macaroni and cheese and I make 2 really good ones!...and I would probably like the fried mac and cheese...

it's just the idea of it all...

our county fair...we didn't go this year but I saw the food list...had fried mac and cheese.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

yucky.. after today's non OP eating, that doesn't sound so good. I'm all for homemade mac and cheese from time to time. I've heard of fried mac and cheese for a couple of years now but APPLE fries? Am I misunderstanding this idea? Is it fried apples that are shaped like regular french fries?
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:19 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

No BRAT it just apples shaped like fries with lemon juice on them so they don't turn brown. They actually ARE healthy...it's just WHY can't they look like apples? instead of fries?
Old 07-24-2008, 11:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I have heard a whole generation of kids are growing up not knowing how to use a knife and fork as they only eat fast foods , no utensils necessary!
My ex was previously married, and his son from his first marriage (who lived with his mom) was visiting us. I was cooking breakfast and asked if he wanted hashbrowns with his eggs and bacon and he said yes, I love hashbrowns.

I served him the plate, he looked at it for a moment, looked at me, pointed to the hashbrowns and asked me what it was.

Turns out the only so-called hashbrowns the kid had ever had were the shaped deep-fried things fast food places serve.

His regular lunch (from his mom), when not fast food, consisted of a peanut butter & sugar (yes, SUGAR) sandwich on worthless white bread.

Almost every healthy meal I tried to cook this kid he turned his nose up at but he'd suck the entire contents of a can of Cheez-Whiz down in a heartbeat.

Crazy world we live in.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

OH okay.. just was making sure. I get what you mean now.. why does the apple even have to look like french fries! Sorry I'm a little slow today. I think the sun fried my brain today. I got sunburned at the cementary at 11am and I was only in the sun for 25 minutes!
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 248/230/160

Height: 5'9"

Here's a thought instead of buying fry shaped apples, go to the store and actually buy an apple. It's cheaper and if you must, you can always cut them into fries.
Sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:52 PM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I saw Paula Deen deep fry mac and cheese on her show. Luckily it doesn't sound good to me.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote