Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default TOM: 1, Me: 0

Lordy-loo, it's been a really difficult couple of weeks, emotionally, physically, and everything in between. For some reason, my period was a week late, so i got the extra joy of PMS madness for even longer, and now that it's here, i just want to curl up into a little ball and sleep. And sweets. Oh, how i want sweets.

I find myself eating really well earlier in the day, and then just going bananas at dinner. And worse, I'm going on a road trip this weekend, which usually means snacking ahoy.

Where on earth did my resolution go? Any ideas for getting back on track, yet still babying myself just a little?
knitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

If you want to "baby" yourself, do so with healthier choices! Instead of getting the sweetest option, get something lower in sugar. Instead of a whole muffin, only have half a muffin and share with someone else. Get a small size beverage instead of a giant massive gallon... Have some sugar free or lower sugar cocoa instead of a chocolate bar... You get the idea--try to figure out how to improve you food choices.

Don't equate eating "bad" foods with "nurturing"! That's just kinda messed up, isn't it?

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:43 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I hear ya! I'm always the worst the week before I get my period and it's going to be here any day now....but in the meantime....I can't seem to get enough food to eat and all I want is sweets. Know what I just did? I just ate some chicen from El Pollo Loco and I feel better. I also asked my hubby to pick up some low cal frozen yogurt on his way home from work, God bless his soul! Just knowing that I have something like that coming up is making me feel much more in control. I don't know if I'll survive this day within my calorie range, but I do hope so. Writing down my foods has been very helpful too. Maybe if you're not a calorie counter, maybe you could just do it while you have your TOM? I write down every single thing that goes in my mouth. That way, there's a bit more logic involved because I find that logic sometimes goes out the window when I'm trying to deal with PMS! UGH! Anyway, I hope you can do well and look back on this in a week with pride.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:18 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

these are great ideas! Thank you!
knitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:02 AM   #5  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

Maybe you can baby yourself with a non-food reward -- like treating yourself to an hour-long massage.
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote