100 lb. Club - OT - wow I'm a 13 year old school girl

Trazey34
07-24-2008, 11:54 AM
WOW I’m so embarrassed!!! I was at a cottage a few weeks ago, and my friend’s daughter was there ~ she’s about 20 I think ~ and it was raining, I had nothing to do, forgot my bag with my books, so she gave me one…umm… which I DEVOURED and then got the next 2 in the series and I’m anxiously awaiting the final book (out in a week or so)

The books are the “Twilight” series (Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse) by Stephenie Meyer. Young star-crossed lovers…she’s quiet and kind of awkward and he’s confident, gorgeous, glorious…oh and a bit of a VAMPIRE!!! Yes, I’m THAT SAD!!! Hahahah

They’re kind of fast-food for the brain, no digestion required, and no real substance to slow you down LOL but soooo entertaining and swoooooony!

Any other OLD BROADS read them??? I’m hoping I’m the only one  hahahah

Zima
07-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Hey, I heard that those books were actually pretty good and was thinking of picking them up myself!

Don't feel bad...I still read V.C. Andrews on occasion =oD

GradPhase
07-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Hahahaha! Ohhhh, Twilight... I've heard many terrible things about how fantastic Twilight is. I haven't read them myself (just not my thing) but you might be happy to know there's a movie coming out :)

Vladadog
07-24-2008, 12:03 PM
I love the Twilight series and can't wait for the fourth book to come out next Saturday. I know what I'll be doing all day!

GirlyGirlSebas
07-24-2008, 12:07 PM
LOL! I have a 12 year old daughter and a 23 year old friend who are nagging me to read them. I promised her I would, so book #1 is next on my list. She has also asked that we decorate her room in a Twilight theme with bunches of red, black and white.:dizzy: BTW, you do know that the next book in the series is coming out next month? And, they are having parties at the book stores to celebrate the new book and are releasing the pre-ordered copies at midnight? And, the movie of the first book is being released this winter. Twilight is all my daughter and her friends talk about!

Kae
07-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Oh-- I've been meaning to read those. If you like the vampire stuff you should check out Lara Adrian -- The Midnight Breed series.... good stuff!

GirlyGirlSebas
07-24-2008, 12:27 PM
For sexy adult vampire stuff, the Blackdagger Brotherhood series by J.R.Ward is really good! I also love Christine Feehan's books. I do love a sexy vampire!:dracula:

Star2Be
07-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Wellll, I could tell you that a lot of my friends love those books, but since I'm 18 (soon-to-be 19) I don't think that would make you feel any better! LOL, but seriously, I have heard that they are fantastic books, and I've been thinking about picking them up as well. I love reading fluffy stuff! ;)

Maven of Mayhem
07-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Oooh! Fluffy, rot-the-brain reaidng? I could totally use something like that! I think I shall pick up book #1. Sweet!

(and I'm 31 with three boys - what's my excuse?)

MelodyLeigh
07-24-2008, 02:03 PM
I love the Twilight series and can't wait for the fourth book to come out next Saturday. I know what I'll be doing all day!

Oh... my... gosh. I didn't realize it would be out that soon!

I've reserved my copy a long time ago and I've always known it would come out August 2nd, but it's finally near!! :carrot:

*looks around*

Ok, so as you can see, I'm a Twilight fan. :p

I can't put them down. They're so good. Everyone who hasn't read them should read them! Nooow!

Trazey34
07-24-2008, 02:25 PM
I've also been watching the movie trailer and it's kind of addicting LOL They really look like I imagined in my head....the books are very tame (just kissing etc., no 'good stuff') but the torture!!! he loveeeeees her and drooools over the scent of her blood LOL DH kind of rolls his eyes at me hehehehe

PenChick
07-24-2008, 04:30 PM
i'm gonna have to add this to my list of books to read this month. i like the vamps, but i also like the classic courting stuff of old regency England by Marion Chesney, her stuff is also the kissing and not really into the deep goodies.

GirlyGirlSebas
07-24-2008, 04:34 PM
I gotta find out the significance of "Do I dazzle you?" It seems to make my daughter and her friends swoon.:dizzy:

midwife
07-24-2008, 06:57 PM
I read the title of this thread and I guessed "Twilight"?

Oh yes. Edward had worked his magic on me too.

Sandi
08-12-2008, 03:46 PM
THANK YOU!!!

I read this thread and then a friend at work mentioned the series to me, so I got twilight from her. Read it in 2 days!! Got New Moon yesterday, already 1/2 way done. I don't want to do anything but read!

Love it!!! :D :D :D

Trazey34
08-12-2008, 05:17 PM
I KNOW!!! heheheh I read all 3 books and then BOOM the 4th book was being released that week ~ which i took as a sign of fate or what??? ~ so i bought the last one and devoured it in 2 days heheh so much fun!!

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that i'm GOING TO READ THEM ALL OVER AGAIN! hehehehhe

PS There's a MOVIE coming out in December!! OMG! if you go to you tube, and type "twilight movie trailer" you can see some ! The kids playing Edward and Bella are spot on!!!

This now concludes my acting like a 13-year old

for now!!

Vladadog
08-12-2008, 05:24 PM
I got "breaking dawn" (the 4th book) the night it was released so I could take it in to work and not get anything done.

The next book she's working on is "Twilight" told from Edward's POV. The first rough draft chapter is on her website and is quite enjoyable.

And yeah, I'm looking forward to the movie too.

now it's my turn to stop squeeeeing like a 13 year old....

JasonsLea
08-13-2008, 03:34 AM
OMG I really want to read this series!

I noticed alot of my Xanga friends had these little icons and quotes from the books all over their pages. Next thing I know, they are screaming about some movie so I looked it up and realized that this is like a epidemic or something! :lol: It's so awesome that Bella is played by Kirsten Stewart. And I LOOOVVVEEE vampire romances! :love:

Shy, awkward girl gets the hot guy? I'm all over that! :D

BTW, I'm 22. :p

tamaralynn
08-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Sounds like my kind of book! I love those kind! :)

If you ever have a chance, look for Queen Betsy books :) Undead and Unwed is soooo funny you'll be laughing out loud! Just don't read in public where you'll embarass yourself silly with it! LOL

http://www.amazon.com/Undead-Unwed-Queen-Betsy-Book/dp/042519485X?tag=dogpile-20

clibrarian
08-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Ok, you're not alone! I'm 33, and I'm loving them. As you might be able to tell from my name, I'm a librarian. I read a lot. And I approve of enjoyment from all books. So there. :)

Trazey34
08-13-2008, 09:28 AM
There's a new series starting on HBO in Sept. called "True Blood" by the creator of Six Feet Under -- it's about a girl with some psychic ability who's overwhelmed with the thoughts of others untilllllll she meets some hot vampires and she becomes friends with them because since they're dead already she can't read their minds LOL I believe some romance ensues!

These "Twilight" books were so much fun to read - and they were remarkably "smut free" which made them HOTTER in a weird way LOL

Now I have to go back to reading grown-up books :(

BrandNewJen
08-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Oh I hear ya about reading " fluff" books... I have always been defined by my intelligence... at the end of the day, after college and grad school and being smart at my job... I want to sit down and read a book that just ENTERTAINS and requires little to no thinking power on my behalf. (Stephen King being my ultimate favorite, alas, I have read all of his books and am looking for someone else to switch over to! I will have to check out this Twilight series!)

Same with movies--- super hoity toity movies don't do it for me. Don't make me think too hard--- this is supposed to be FUN!

erikalea
08-13-2008, 11:50 PM
Hi, everyone - just dropping in here today from the South Beach forum, and I have to say this thread TOTALLY piqued my interest. I had heard about Twilight just from the Flair application on Facebook (virtual buttons, and tons having to do with the series) but I didn't know much else until I read this.

I just checked my county library's online catalog and EVERY copy at EVERY branch of EVERY book in the series is checked out. But fear not, friends, I put one on hold so some poor soul who goes to renew will be told "No! You must bring it back!" (Hopefully she'll have finished it at least.) :)

And by the way, I'm 38 tomorrow, so I think I'm an old enough broad to exceed the normal Twilight demographic!

NyteBeauti
08-14-2008, 01:47 AM
LOVE vampire novels. Haven't read one yet that disappointed!

I actually just learned of this series a couple of weeks ago, from my 16 year old niece! LOL! Haven't been able to get out to get my copies of the series yet, but man...SOON! Since hearing about it, it's like all I see now. EVERYONE is talking about them. There's even a trivia quiz on Myspace about about it! LMAO!

kaplods
08-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Vampire novels are great, but I prefer werewolves myself. "Blood and Cholocate" by Annette Curtis Klause is another YA (young adult - that is teen) romance.

I was VERY dissapointed in the movie and didn't even watch more than a vew minutes of it. I later heard they completely reversed the ending - blegggh.

I'm addicted to reading, and am more a gourmand than a gourmet when it comes to books - I love it ALL, so I don't discriminate against teen and even children's books. At first, I justified my purchases with the rationalization that because I wanted to write books for kids it was "research," but I finally had to admit that some of the books for kids are just darned good and fun to read. In fact, I think that children's literature is often a cut above adult fiction, as kids have less tolerance for crap. The story HAS to pull in a kid right away, or they toss it to the side and proclaim it "boring," (or maybe that's just me).

As for books geared toward adults, I love the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton. She's a private investigator who raises the dead, and despite her contempt for the supernatural folks, falls in love with them fairly frequently (especially the local top vampire and werewolf).

The Dresden Files series (the one the SciFi channel series is based on) is quite good too. I found them only after the series had started, and while I like the series, the books are (not surprisingly) much better.

I'm a bit of a nut for sci fi and fantasy.

gina1221
08-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Ok, OK, now I know...

... what my 16 yr old cousin is talking about.

She's staying with us for a month and it's "Twilight this, Twilight that" and all I could think was "What is she going on about, the movie's not even out yet?". I guess I could have asked but teenage girls talk so much. :blah:

Thanks Trazey for "fessing up" on this one. I might just have to check it out now... and maybe pay more attention to what my cousin is saying. :dizzy:

kissingginger
08-14-2008, 09:23 PM
Okay, trazey, - now darn it-- I HAD to order these from the library....I am only 167th on the waitlist. LOL.

erikalea
08-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Heh - I just renewed some library items and saw the hold information at the bottom - I'm #42 on the list for Twilight!! I can't really afford to buy it right now, so I guess I'll either find someone to borrow it from or just be surprised with a call from the library sometime, maybe next year!

Smiling_Sara
08-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Heh - I just renewed some library items and saw the hold information at the bottom - I'm #42 on the list for Twilight!! I can't really afford to buy it right now, so I guess I'll either find someone to borrow it from or just be surprised with a call from the library sometime, maybe next year!

Just an idea for you. I've recently took to buying used books on ebay or amazon, reading them, and then turning around and re-selling them. Sometimes I even get more than what I paid for them in the first place.

Cokia
08-15-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm 27 and a friend got me to start this series! I thought it was good! I love the black dagger brotherhood, Anita Blake, Sookie Stackhouse, Dark-Hunter..I could go on for days. I used to work in a bookstore and I'm a book junkie. =]

wendymeows
08-16-2008, 05:12 AM
I am leaving for the beach in a few hours and I must admit that after reading this post, I went yesterday to buy the first book in the series so I can read it while on vacation! I can't wait...teehee

pintobean
08-17-2008, 10:53 PM
I was recently introduced to the Black Dagger Brotherhood series and Twilight series by some friends. I finished them both and Love Them!!! :D
I can't wait for the Twilight movie to come out in November!!!

Trazey34
08-18-2008, 09:28 AM
isn't that interesting, someone just gave me a copy of "dark lover" the first in that black dagger series - i'll give it a try!

but my Edward set the bar pretty high....swoooooon LOL

The Bookish One
08-19-2008, 12:40 AM
This series is on my list of "read during recuperation" books!

kaplods
08-19-2008, 04:20 PM
I just read Cry Wolf, by Patricia Briggs. It's the first book in her Apha and Omega, series. Great werewolf book, but as I was reading it, I realized that the characters were familiar to me, and did a little digging and found out why.

Last year I read her book Moon Called, the first book in her Mercy Thompson Series. Mercy Thompson is a were-cayote (sort-of, it's hard to explain).

Both books take place in the same "world" and cover some of the same events, but from different points of view. Which means, I have at least another 5 or six more books to buy.

At any rate, the book inspired me to get back to the fantasy novel I started over 15 years ago.

Lovely
08-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Nonsense fantasy love books that involve vampires? Yes, please!

Cokia
08-20-2008, 01:26 PM
I love patricia briggs! Cry Wolf was pretty good, and I love her Mercy series! =]

SilentBlue
08-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Hmm I want to read it now. =D

Spoz
08-20-2008, 03:36 PM
I read the first - LOVED it. Sourly disappointed by the rest of them.

kaplods
08-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Went to Barnes & Nobel again, intending to get another Patricia Briggs novel, but instead I picked up Kitty Takes a Holdiay (Book 3 in the Kitty Norville Series by Crrie Vaughn). I almost bought Kitty goes to Washington (Book 2), but realized I'd already read it. (Book 1 is Kitty and the Midnight Hour)

It's about a werewolf radio show host. Very funny and "normal girl, just happens to be a werewolf" plots.

Altari
08-20-2008, 05:44 PM
I LOVE the OP's description...fast food for the brain.

I loved them, despite the terrible writing and contrived plot. The entire world revolves around Bella. LoL. Took me less than 8 hours per book, but they were worth every penny spent!

pintobean
08-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Oh-- I've been meaning to read those. If you like the vampire stuff you should check out Lara Adrian -- The Midnight Breed series.... good stuff!

Thanks for the suggestion...I got the book from the library and is now in my hands :D Looking forward to reading this series.

mommyfat
08-21-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm also an old broad (32) who reads these books. They are great! I've picked up her new book "The Host" but I'm not liking it as much. Anyone else read this one? Should I keep going? Does it get better?