South Beach Diet - posting here too

View Full Version : posting here too

Thin4Good
07-24-2008, 02:33 AM
I just started SB yesterday and in my whole experience so far I have been really enjoying my food but I have to say, if I have lost after a week I will be shocked. Between the meals and snacks I feel like I am eating more than ever! I am planning to do induction for 3 weeks instead of 2 because DH is out of town for 3 weeks and I think it will be easy for me to eat like this as long as he isn't home. I plan to just feed him the phase 2 food without telling him what is going on. :P

Is it OK to do induction that long??

TIA and I look forward to chatting with you all.

Emily

cottagebythesea
07-24-2008, 06:55 AM
:welcome3: to The Beach, Emily! We're happy to have you joining us!

It is not a good idea to stay on Phase 1 longer than the recommended two weeks. Phase 1 is used to detox, not to lose weight. The real weight loss comes in Phase 2, when you are learning to eat a healthy, normal diet for the rest of your life. Please read the sticky in our FAQ section regarding the time limit for Phase 1 -

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52754

hmacneil6
07-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Welcome to 3FC and the SBD threads. We hope you'll find what you need here to help you be successful on this journey. I think you hit on the coolest part of this way of eating......you're never hungry. You will loose weight if you stick with the plan.
Keep it up and Good luck!