Weight Loss Support - I thought I was wierd ...

View Full Version : I thought I was wierd ...

ginny
07-23-2008, 07:46 PM
The last few months I've been putting off meals and sometimes skipping them. I just like that hungry feeling. I thought maybe it was because a grumbly tummy was proof that I was really dieting. THEN I stumbled across this article:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25680029/
Any thoughts? Anyone else think they may be experiancing this? I've been so uncharacteristicly peppy lately that I'm waiting to get a drug test sprung on me at work.

lynnm39
07-23-2008, 07:51 PM
I know what you mean. I sometimes feel virtuous when I am hungry (weird, I know). I've also heard, though, that one can become "addicted" to this hungry feeling and that it can sometimes lead to an eating disorder.

hearts
07-23-2008, 07:55 PM
hi,

this is my first time on this site- I am hoping for some support!!
I am finding it difficult to stay on a diet, or even watch what I eat lately
I have gained weight and now having problems with my feet

ginny
07-23-2008, 08:04 PM
hi,

this is my first time on this site- I am hoping for some support!!
I am finding it difficult to stay on a diet, or even watch what I eat lately
I have gained weight and now having problems with my feet

Foot problems really helped motivate me too :hug:
You prolly want to post a hello to the other members in the introductions section! Welcome aboard.

Wesa
07-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Thats so funny! I guess it's one more reason to diet,lol

Carrie04
07-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Yeah I know what you mean about the hungry feeling.. I LOVE it cuz I feel like I'm doing something & I think I look better when I'm hungry too.. Is anybody else like that?!?

But then again I hate that hungry feeling cuz it's hard to make it go away with the little bit of food I allow myself.. Don't get me wrong, I eat enough calories in a day, but I think when my blood sugar drops because I'm so hungry, that when I eat, even though I'm full, it takes a little longer for my blood sugar to come back to normal..

Who knows?.. Let me know if anybody else is like that!

Zima
07-23-2008, 10:45 PM
I love that hungry feeling too! It reminds me that I'm really dedicated to losing weight. It's satisfying and makes me feel like, wow, I have such will power!.

It's taking a lot less to get me full too. I'll have like, 4 or 5 small meals a day, like 100-200 calorie meals and I'll be satisfied. And I have more energy during my workouts too. So weird. Nice article, I have been in a really good mood lately.