Weight Loss Support - **Possible?!** Plz Respond!

View Full Version : **Possible?!** Plz Respond!

Carrie04
07-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Okay so does this sound possible....?

Right now I am at 184lbs.. I'm going to the beach with my best friend.. (who weighs about 135) & I really wanna look better.. We're going Sept. 12-14th, and I would really LOVE to lose like 20lbs by then.. Does anybody think thats possible to do??!?!

I mean I do exercise, I'm a member @ Curves, and I try to go every day.. & I have a treadmill in my home that I try to do a couple miles on every evening right before I go to bed. Every morning I wake up early to do a "walk @ home" DVD..

I think putting all the exercising together with really watching my diet I can do it..

*Please Respond & Let Me Know What You Think*

Thanks! ♥Carrie

PhotoChick
07-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Hi Carrie,

I'm not sure that 20 lbs in less than 2 months is entirely possible. Don't get me wrong - it *might* be. It depends on how much you've lost already, where you are in your cycle, etc.

But in general, the rule is to expect 1% of your bodyweight per week. For you that would be around 1.8 lbs per week. With 7 weeks until Sept 12th, that means you *could* lose 12.6 lbs. You might lose a little more, you might lose a little less.

Rather than setting a date limit on your losing, why not just try to lose what you can and get in shape ... sometimes having a little muscle to flex helps. You might not weigh as little as you want to, but you'll be less jiggly! :)

lynnm39
07-23-2008, 06:18 PM
It might be possible, but don't stress about it. Just do your best by eating right and exercising, and see what happens. If you do that, you'll certainly see an improvement.

Carrie04
07-23-2008, 06:31 PM
you'll be less jiggly! :)

That would definatly be a good thing =]
Thanks for the info.. I'm just gonna try as hard as I can.. Although I might just go crazy!:dizzy:

I wish I could get a tracker just for a short term goal.. But I heard you have to be a member for 20 days and have 30 posts or something..:?:

HoneyMustard
07-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Hi Carrie04

For the ticker- its 10 posts and 30 days.

I've lost 20 lbs in 2 month and 1 week. Can I send you a private message? I dont want to get shouted at by all the well-intentioned members out there.

meowee
07-23-2008, 06:45 PM
That's 20 posts and 20 days of membership . . . :yes:

HoneyMustard
07-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Sorry! My bad!

KCbytheC
07-23-2008, 07:15 PM
I've got my ticker tape all picked out and I've been around for many months and I know I've sent more than enough notes, I wonder what could the problem be???

KC

Tomato
07-23-2008, 07:28 PM
I've got my ticker tape all picked out and I've been around for many months and I know I've sent more than enough notes, I wonder what could the problem be???

KC

This seems to have been your 20th post (although I had thought you need 30 posts but if meowee says 20, then it must be right) so try adding it again.

CountingDown
07-23-2008, 07:35 PM

KC

That was your 20th post. It should be available very, very soon.

LOL - Tomato - we were posting at the same time. The 20/20 rule is fairly new.

Carrie04
07-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Hi Carrie04

For the ticker- its 10 posts and 30 days.

I've lost 20 lbs in 2 month and 1 week. Can I send you a private message? I dont want to get shouted at by all the well-intentioned members out there.

I'll be happy to hear from you in a private message.. I have been hoping to find someone I can talk to regularly & share my goals and things with.. :)

vikkivma
07-23-2008, 08:26 PM
If you were just starting a plan, I would say yes. But since you've already lost so much (CONGRATS, by the way), I'd say set your goal to 16 pounds, and if you exceed it, then awesome, but there's no reason you couldn't do 16, which would be really close.

mamaspank
07-23-2008, 08:31 PM
When I started WW flex at home I was at about 183 and I lost 22 pounds in two months. All it basically is is calorie counting. I made sure I got exercise in every day. I walked briskly every night for an hour and now I jog four miles instead. I played a lot of ball, drank a lot of water, and ate my greens. I think you could get close if not accomplish your goal. Make sure you eat enough though. The worst mistake you could make is to not eat ENOUGH calories. Good luck! I bet you will look great in your suit!

Carrie04
07-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks For The Support!! I really hope I can do this.. & yeah 16lbs would definately really close & probably good enough.. I'm gonna try soooo hard though.. I havn't lost weight for a while.. I've been at this stupid platue for so long.. I mean I lost 5lbs last week so I hope I can keep that up!

sh3l5
07-24-2008, 03:05 AM
in the last 2 months ive lost 16lbs....
average of 8lbs per month....
so u cud get close if u buckle down....
no off days hard exercise....

srmb60
07-24-2008, 07:18 AM
As a long time poster and moderator of this forum, it saddens me to think that some folks feel the need to pm advice for fear of shouted good intentions. I have always thought that the beauty of a message board was in the adage ... many hands make light work. You'll get lots of thoughts and opinions and then be able to weed out what seems reasonable to you.

Always, always, when you ask about losing a sizeable amount of weight in a short time, you'll be warned of the various dangers involved in that endeavour. You knew you would. You probably already knew that concerned folks would say something. But you are free to take what you want and discard the rest.

In this thread you already have been given a bunch of advice, some of it is excellent. All of it was meant to help you. If you receive a reply that offends you or contravenes the rules and regulations at 3FC, please feel free to report it. The original 3FC's and your moderators are here for you.

Having said all that .... I, of course, have advice too. ;)
There are programmes like Body for Life that have a fairly short time span. I think you have nine weeks? That is lots of time to make great changes in your body. A clean, lean diet, cardio and resistance exercises will make you slimmer in that time span. And unless you need to be the counterbalance in a gymnastics routine, you don't really need to weigh a certain number, you just want to be slimmer right?
I'm going to recommend that you do some reading in the Lifting and Resistance Exercise threads. Good advice for losing jiggly-ness ;)

tigerchic89
07-24-2008, 07:45 AM
I also think that you could drop a lot in 9 weeks by being really strict..... eating fruits, vegetables, lean protein. And workign out once or twice a day. Maybe a cardio/weight workoiut in teh morning and then makbe going for a long brisk walk in teh evening. GL and keep us posted!

Tomato
07-24-2008, 08:14 AM
As a long time poster and moderator of this forum, it saddens me to think that some folks feel the need to pm advice for fear of shouted good intentions. I have always thought that the beauty of a message board was in the adage ... many hands make light work. You'll get lots of thoughts and opinions and then be able to weed out what seems reasonable to you.

Susan,
You are absolutely right. That sentence jumped out at me as well and I wondered why the posted felt she would get shouted at. I have been here only six months but since I joined, I practically live here :dizzy: and I haven't seen any shouting. We discuss things and exchange opinions without shouting or yelling. One of the many beauties of 3FC.