30-Somethings - 30 Something chat Wed July 23

View Full Version : 30 Something chat Wed July 23

GatorgalstuckinGA
07-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Morning all...well i did it. I dragged my lazy butt out of bed this am to work out before work. Man it always makes me feel good to do it...but man is it hard. But i always feed GREAT afterwards.

Poppy...glad to hear you don't weigh every day. Sounds like you got yourself going good. I hate to see people freak out when it doesn't happen immediately. But glad to hear you are not stressing. Trust me...my weight loss has been horribly slow...but its partially my fault.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm off to get ready for work.

hollymommy
07-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Wow, you sure miss a lot when you don't post for a few days! We had a crazy weekend, my husb put in the laminate floor that's been sittin gin our garage for MONTHS, my youngest got a mild case of chicken pox, I had to go grocery shopping on a budget (yuck) and I had a ton of homework to do! Algebra is not my thing! :mad:

GG - good job getting up and working out! I used to have energy....
:ebike:

poppyseeds
07-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Good morning everyone!! I just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone before I head out the door to work. I think Napoleon is coming back today so I will have to lay low. Or, since he's so short, maybe I should lay high!! Anything above knee level should do!! :lol::lol:

Here's another poem to get you in the dieting mood...

Bad Diet! Bad!

Losing weight is really great
I love my brand new bod...
But even goods things have their moments,
So... Letís give them a nod...

Writing in my food diary
makes me think of eating.
The other day I wondered if
eating the book was cheating...

I used to have nice boobies
The men would stare in shock...
But now theyíre by my ankles
And I have to buy bigger socks...

Walking on the treadmill
I get so hot and damp....
I reminds me of those awful times
away at Summer Camp.

Eating healthy makes you poop
So bad... Iím afraid to flush
without breaking it in several pieces
with my toilet brush!

To sum it up and all that stuff,
letís make a little list...
I will be vague but after all
I think youíll get the gist.

Boobs are droopiní
Canít stop poopiní
Writing down my meals
Walking on the treadmill
HEY! This wasnít in the deal!

I just wanted to lose some weight,
not droop and poop and sweat...
But if thatís what it takes to get to goal
Iíll do it... you can bet!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Have a wonderful day all!!

:grouphug:

LBH
07-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Mornin'! :coffee:

Valerie, LOVE the poem! I used to write a lot of poetry, but just haven't had that creative kick in quite a few years. :lol:

GG, DH is going to call the vet today, but since I'm here, I'll mention this. Eli has had diarrhea on and off for almost 2 weeks. He's acting fine otherwise, and has quazi-normal BMs in between, but sometimes it's straight liquid. We did rice & ground turkey a few times. I think he just ate something. DH thinks it's from drinking the puddles of water that form in the driveway. I dunno.

LBH
07-23-2008, 09:41 AM
:lol3: OK, we know what's on your mind Valerie!! Gross...

hollymommy
07-23-2008, 09:58 AM
:rofl: OMG! Poppy that poem is so funny!! Our whole office is dieting and I printed it to show them! Thanks for the morning laugh!

Christina S
07-23-2008, 11:01 AM
good morning...its wednesday!...im thrilled...week almost over!

gg: great job gettig out of bed to exercise...wish i did it this morning..have a great day at work

holly: i agree...shopping on a budget (yuck) .... but sometimes it is what it is... how'd you do with your homework?..have a great day

valerie: you are too funny!...great poem...love it...and napoleon!..ha ha...have a great day

lauren: hey girl!...have a great day

i guess i better go get scooting and get ready to go..im dragging today...have a great one

KAR73
07-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Morning Everyone,
Missed you all yesterday. But we were without power from 4 a.m. until 10 p.m. yesterday. Made for a long boring day. Got through half a book though. Did make it to TOPS and lost 2.25 pounds this week. So am happy about that. Today I think I will mow the yard and then watch The Bucket List this evening before I have to take it back. Then might have to think about cleaning the house tomorrow, since my dh asked when I thought I might do that. Should have said when you offer to help. Can't wait to go back to school. Then maybe he will help out more around the house.
Valerie you had me rolling on the floor with your poems. Thanks for sharing! Hope work goes well for you today!
GG, glad that you got up and worked out before work. Hope it makes your day go smoothier.
Hi to everyone else. I need to go squeeze in my workout for the day, before my dh gets home. I missed working out yesterday. No electric, plus it was just too darn hot to be outside walking.
Check in with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry

SunshineCA
07-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Good morning everyone! :)

Just popping in for a quick hello as I have my breakfast before I head to my assignment. Looks like everyone is having a great start to the day. :)

Poppyseeds: Your poems are hilarious!! :) Thanks for making me laugh.

I won tickets to Walking with Dinosaurs on the radio this morning as I was taking my daughter to school. We had plans to take my youngest son as he is hooked on dinosaurs. He's been that way since birth. ;) Since he was 3 years old he tells everyone he wants to be a paleontologist when he grows up. We've gone to their website a few times and watched the documentary on this over the weekend. Now we only have to buy 2 tickets instead of 4. That saves us a lot of money. :D

May you all have a Wacky Wednesday! :dizzy:

fergi
07-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Good morning ladies....

:rofl:Valerie you should have been a comedian.

:congrat: Kerry.

Lauren, Holly, Sunshine have a good day.

GG I wish I was able to roll out of bed and go to the gym. I have to be at work to early.

Christina I am too glad today is Wednesday. Tomorrow is my Friday and I will be off for 2 weeks.

Talk at yall later.....

PearFreak
07-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Morning Everyone!!

My first time in chat since Saturday or Sunday? What a long week. Not a whole bunch accomplished, but a busy week indeed.

Poppyseeds--- Love the poem. Hilarious.

Sunshine---- Great about winning tickets. Have fun, I am sure your ds will have a blast. We have a dino exhibit nearby, and my dd is skeered of them live actions and growls. To live and Huge for her. My ds on the other hand doesn't mind them, wants to climb over the barrier and climb them. LOL!

GG--- Great job on hoping out of the bed and working out. I haven't been motivated enough to go to the gym yet- and don't think I'll be able to go soon, as I have a meeting in an hour. Maybe after lunch??

Hollymommy--- Whew-whoooo on the new floor. I bet it looks nice.

Well off to get myself a refill on the coffe and get ready for my meeting. Chat later...

happy2be
07-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Good morning!

Kerry congratulations on the -2+ Lbs.!

Valerie you are nutty! thank you for sharing, LOL

GG you are on top of it, that is great that you were able to motivate yourself and get a work out before work! have a great day

Lauren sorry about the dude being sick, I hope it is just what DH is thinking. :hug:

Christina good to see ya!

Holly I love to get things cleaned and organized!

I have just been busy, we had the garage sale on Saturday we did pretty good, sold a few big ticket items, DS Jeep that has a huge battery was one of them, I am so glad it is gone!!!! We have been going to the pool everyday, when I get home I am pretty tired, I have been knitting a lot too. I started reading a book for my book club I didn't think I was going to like it, I can't put it down, it is great! "pillars of the earth" I definitely recommend it!
Today DH is off, we are going to try to spend some time together, I have to go back to the dentist to get my crown put on after root canal I hate the dentist!

I will see you all later!

Hanna

happy2be
07-23-2008, 12:02 PM
HI Fergi, Pear and Sunshine! we were posting at the same time!

sunshine congratulations! you are a lucky gal!!!!
Hanna

yana
07-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Good morning,
Valerie - great poems. I love it. Thanks for the laugh
GG - you are my hero. i could never do that.
Karry - 2.25lbs is awesome. keep up the good work
Sunshine - you lucky girl! I would love to take my kids there too. Where in California do you live?
Hanna - you are in So. Cal too? Where at? have fun reading.

I better get back to work. I need to prepare a proposal for my manager.
Hugs
Yana

CCmomof5
07-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Hey all you chicksters!

not much time just poppin in to let you know I'm not dead. I've been super busy and I'm leaving today to take big DS to Lipscomb for a orientation/registration, we'll be there a couple of days then when I get back I've got a 5k, a wedding, and a farewell dinner all on Sat. then our church is doing community wide service projects on Sunday am in lieu of worship services. So, I probably won't be checking back in til next week sometime, I have to turn around and take big DS back down on Mon. cuz he's got to take another test for possibly more money (academic). I don't look forward to the driving but I get a day away from the house and most of the kids.

I've been doing pretty well on eating and my running, however, my shins and knees are hating my guts right now, but I'm gonna keep on pluggin away.

hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to catching back up with you all. Have a great hump day!!!!!

IrishJoan
07-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Hanna ~ why is that everyone has that same reaction before starting "Pillars?" Maybe because it's such a long book? I read that book 10+ years ago and it stuck in my mind. Love it, love it, love it! Just finished re-reading last year and now my book club wants to read it in September. I'm the only one that's read it and I'll probably just skim it one more time. Ken Follett just came out with "War without End" a while back and it's great too. It takes place maybe 40 or 50 years after the time period in "Pillars." Enjoy!!!!!! There is nothing like a good book:).

Sunshine ~ My DS is the same way. The boys knows everything there is to know about dinosaurs. There is an exhibit at our zoo right now that we're going to see next Tuesday. Has he seen "Walking with Prehistoric Beasts" before? It was on Discovery years ago and now is out on DVD.

We're off to the pool. It is a gorgeous weather day here. The temperature has cooled down a little and it should be a great pool day. I need to go to a wake later this afternoon and then tonight my sisters and nieces are meeting to go see Mamma Mia. Can't wait. We're eating at Outback first though... I will definitely avoid the Bloomin' Onion! Hugs to all ~ Joan

pmasci
07-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Hey ladies.

Went grocery shopping/errand running with the kiddos this AM. Just had lunch & now we will do a craft together. Just trying to keep them from gettin bored. Too cloudy for swimming today. May go to MIL's tomorrow for that.

HOpe everyone has a great afternoon. Will try to do personals later!!

P

mamatoni
07-23-2008, 02:06 PM
hi everyone, busy day yesterday and today. We're heading off to a playdate with a friend who has a DS about the same age as mine, then she just had twin boys in May...had no idea she was having twins until the second one started coming out!!!! :fr::fr::fr: she had them at home and didn't have an ultrasound due to finances. I totally can't imagine expecting one and getting two! Anyway, MIL is watching kids tonight and DH and I are going out for a friend's B-day, should be fun :D DS's b-day is friday and I am trying to get everything ready, seems like there isn't enough time in the day, oh, yeah, that sunshine that was looking so promising yesterday morning didn't pan out, still cloudy and cold. :( Everybody is saying that this is it, fall is here. :(:(:(:( I am holding out some hope, but not much. I tried planting corn this year, my mom warned me not to, that it would guarantee that we have a cold summer (she is totally into that sort of thing, like it only snowed b/c you shoveled the driveway :dizzy:), I know intellectually that it isn't my fault that we had a cold summer, but still.....

Pam, enjoy your crafts with the kids. I need to take my kids swimming, they would love it.

Joan, have a fun girls night tonight with your family, let us know how the movie was.

CC, good luck with all your running around. Hope your legs feel better!

Hanna, glad you have a good book to read, enjoy your day with DH, I have to commiserate with your dentist woes, but I had mine done in the reverse order, crown, then root canal (root canal was way worse!). GL with those! :hug:

Sunshine, my DH is really into palentology and gets really upset if there are unrealistic combinations of animals on kids shows and clothes :dizzy: drives me batty sometimes!

Kerry, congrats on the loss!!! :cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::woohoo:

Lauren, hope your pup is feeling better and that it isn't anything serious.

DD just woke up and we have to get moving, Hi to those I didn't get to and hope you have a great day!

mcmommy2
07-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Hi all! Just checking in. Looks like everyone is having a good and busy week...Friday we leave again for PA for a family reunion...so another weekend gone. Then the next weekend we leave for a week in NY...then finally I think we are home for good.

Toni- I wish your son a happy 3rd...(right?) We just had a Thomas themed birthday for Nate on our trip...he loved it. Have fun out tonight and enjoy!

To the rest, have a great rest of the day...can't believe the weekend is right around the corner again. Take care, Erin

poppyseeds
07-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Pam,... Regarding the crafts, have you ever tried Donna Dewberry's One Stroke painting? I learned how to do it a few years ago when I was sick. It saved me from a summer of boredom!! AND... I sold almost everything I painted on eBay and my website!!!

Joan... enjoy your night!

Hanna... I had a root canal not too long ago. My crown will be $500 so it'll be a while before I get that done. I also have to get back into reading. I just don't have much time lately. I miss reading a lot.

Kerry... good job on the loss!! You rule!!! :celebrate:

Fergi... I guess I missed my calling as a comedian... however, I am the world's funniest Accounting Assistant!! :rofl:

Glad you are all enjoying the poems. I still have some more to share... ;)

pmasci
07-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Hey girls,

Valerie, never tried the painting, but I have seen it. It looks like it would be a lot of fun!! How was your day with the short one??? Hopefully he's realxed from his vaca.

Joan, hope you enjoy the movie. I would love to see it, have no idea if I'll get to , as I know Frank would rather stick forks in his ears than hear ABBA. I have too many GNO's coming up to justify another one...will probably have to wait for it on video. Let me know how it is...

MC, hope you enjoy all the traveling!!

Off to get dinner together. Frank is getting his bi-monthly massage :( so he won't be home til after 6 tonight, which allows me more computer time :) But, I've been on for about an hour now, so I gotta get rolling.

Hope everyone has a great evening. BTW...is anyone watching Big Brother?? Thoughts, comments??

Later,
P

fergi
07-23-2008, 06:31 PM
P, love Big Brother. It is a ritual around our house. I have not really gotten a feel of the people yet. But for some godly reason do not like Michelle. I think that is her name. The female boxer. There is just something about her I can not tolerate. I like the old man.

Valerie how was your day at work today?

Toni have fun with the hubby tonight.

Erin have fun on your trips. We wanted to take the girls to NY but was not up to the drive. Maybe when they are older.

Trish I get the shins hurting too. So bad it feels like my foot is dangling. I learned that when on the treadmill I have to put it at a 9 encline to keep them from hurting. Plus it is a harder workout.

Hello to everyone else. Hope yall are having a good day. It has been kindof bad weather over here. We are getting some rain from Dolly. But we need it.

Fergi

poppyseeds
07-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Fergi... it was OK. Napoleon was back from vaca but he spent his day in his office talking quietly on the phone. I spent my day daydreaming that he was talking quietly because he found a new job and is leaving... ROFL!!!!! All he said to me was "Hey..." Bleah... ;)

Pam, if Frank sticks forks in his ears... call me so I can see. I can be there in 15 minutes... k? :D

pmasci
07-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Valerie, you think I'm kidding?? I'll have to go get an ABBA cd and blast it. I'll let you know. We'll have drinks & popcorn and watch what ensues... ;)

GatorgalstuckinGA
07-23-2008, 08:45 PM
evening all...work was noneventful. I was acutally at a different banfield today (filling in) and its a much slower clinic. But it sounds like it went poorly at my other place....so i may have a bunch of fires to put out tomorrow, we'll see.

Lauren-sorry just got your message...if eli is drinking from puddles, he's probably picked up a protozoa called Giardia. Meds will take care of that.

Poppy...love your poems...glad to hear napolean wasn't too bad.

hey to everyone else!

lppennington
07-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Hey all, I havent fallen off the face of the earth ~ just been super busy.

Work is what it is, crazy as always. There is a big floor move next month which will allow me to lose one department and gain a different one. I am not happy about that. I am loosing petites, but gaining dresses and coats. This is not in my favor I dont think.

Have not weighed myself in a long time so I donlt know where I am at with that.

Valerie, nice poem. I am going to share that with friends.

Lisa

lois lane
07-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Thought I'd check in before back to work tomorrow.

Erin and Fergi, hope you both enjoy your vaca's. Drive safely.

Poppy, you'll have to fill me in on this boss napolean..I must have missed your post about him previously. BTW, Love the poems.

Lisa, good to see you, its been a while.

We're just hanging out, watching How to lose a guy in 10 days. Spent most of the day cleaning and I'm wore out. I still have to clean up from dinner....

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week, I'll be back on Sun.

Talk soon,
Alicia

poppyseeds
07-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Alicia... his real name isn't napoleon!!! ROFL!!! I just call him that because he's really short and a dictator!! He is one of my bosses and I cannot stand the man. Anyhoo... I was happy that he didn't bother with me today. :)

Forgot to ask, do any of you log your food/fitness on sparkpeople.com? I just found it tonight and it's fun!! If you do, I'd like to add you as a friend... lemme know ok??

:)

SunshineCA
07-24-2008, 12:01 AM
Lauren, Holly, Sunshine have a good day.

Thanks Fergi! :) I did! ;)

SunshineCA
07-24-2008, 12:06 AM
Sunshine---- Great about winning tickets. Have fun, I am sure your ds will have a blast. We have a dino exhibit nearby, and my dd is skeered of them live actions and growls. To live and Huge for her. My ds on the other hand doesn't mind them, wants to climb over the barrier and climb them. LOL!

Thanks! :) We win tickets from the local stations all of the time. I have all the telephone numbers handy. :)

My DS is going to have a blast!! :) He can't wait to go! :)

My cousin's son is the same way as your DD. He will not be attending with us. It would totally freak him out. :eek:

My son is like yours. He's just a dinosaur freak!! Maybe it's a boy thing. ;)

SunshineCA
07-24-2008, 12:07 AM
HI Fergi, Pear and Sunshine! we were posting at the same time!

sunshine congratulations! you are a lucky gal!!!!
Hanna

Thanks! :) I try! :lol:

SunshineCA
07-24-2008, 12:09 AM
Sunshine - you lucky girl! I would love to take my kids there too. Where in California do you live?

Thanks! :)

I'm in Culver City. Where are you?

SunshineCA
07-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Sunshine ~ My DS is the same way. The boys knows everything there is to know about dinosaurs. There is an exhibit at our zoo right now that we're going to see next Tuesday. Has he seen "Walking with Prehistoric Beasts" before? It was on Discovery years ago and now is out on DVD.

I really think it's a boy thing. No disrespect to the girls. ;)

Have fun at the zoo! How awesome! ;)

No, I think we missed that one. Maybe it'll come on again.

SunshineCA
07-24-2008, 12:13 AM
Sunshine, my DH is really into palentology and gets really upset if there are unrealistic combinations of animals on kids shows and clothes :dizzy: drives me batty sometimes!

I bet your DH would LOVE Walking with Dinosaurs. Have him check out the website. There's even a behind the scenes clip there.