Old 07-22-2008, 09:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 198.6/151/155

Height: 5'6

Default Just curious...

Hi Everyone-

I was just trying to gather some opinions on this. I've been doing Core for about a month now and lurking on these boards (after 18 months as a Flexer) and I've never been clear on this. I know that the Weight Watchers oatmeal is core and really easy for me to have at work, but ridicously expensive. So, at Walmart, I found sugar free maple brown sugar oatmeal. I took the box from Walmart and compared it to the label of the Weight Watchers oatmeal. To my surprise, the nutritionals and ingredients are EXACTLY THE SAME (same order, same everything). I'm going to run the question past my leader next time I go in 2 weeks(I'm lifetime), but I was just curious of your opinions. I've eaten one pack as breakfast so far and called it Core. What do you think???? Thanks for your opinions. Have a good one!
*Jana*
JerseyJanaB82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:05 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I would say that if the ingredients are exactly the same and the WW one is considered Core that you could consider the Quaker one as Core also.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:15 PM   #3  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Look in the calories & nutritional value section. Are these all the same? Generally, I know ww products add more fiber to their products. Compare the nutritional values on the ww and the quaker kind. Are there differences there?
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I'm new to Core, but I agree with Tracie. It just makes sense to me that if all the nutritional values are exactly the same that it would be Core.

Trish
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:00 PM   #5  

Its exactly the same...fiber, calories, everything (even the ingredients on the labels and in the same order). Someone on the WW core board on the WW site gave me a rather short and snippy lecture about it. I had the WW package right next to the walmart one to be sure. Thanks for your input. =)
Old 07-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 10"

I think WW would some how say theirs is core and Walmarts is not. They way I would look at it -- if it has no added sugar or fat and not a large list of chemical/preservatives, count it as core. Another alternative, is buy plain instant oatmeal and flavor it with sf syrup or splenda and berries. HTH.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:20 PM   #7  
Tracie

I believe if the nutritional value is exactly the same, and the ingredients are exactly the same, it would be core and I would not count points for it.

I have found that sometimes people on the ww board can be kind of mean. I don't go there often, but I do visit once in awhile.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:39 PM   #8  

Thank you so much! I agree with the nastiness on the WW site. I have gotten a lot of great tips and recipes from the core board there and almost everyone is pleasant, but I've noticed that there are certain people that are really mean for no reason.

So far so good with no meanies on here.

Thanks again!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

I have never found anyone to be mean on this board. I have read some of the posts on ww and found some of them to be very distasteful. I am not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, but I was shocked at the wording of some of the things I read.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:22 PM   #10  
Tracie

I agree, and I don't understand all their rules anyway. Apparently if you are putting a recipe in a post, if you put down how many points it is, they will delete the post. Not sure why but someone said their post was gone and someone else said it was because they put the point value for the recipe. Weird. It's their board and they won't allow people to talk about point values of certain recipes???? I don't get it.