Old 07-21-2008, 07:32 PM   #1  
Shannon

Default MRC for Men

Does anyone know the difference in the menus for men and women?
shenanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:47 PM   #2  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
Does anyone know the difference in the menus for men and women?
I think they get the same menu - the beige menu - if they're over 200 lbs. Has more protein, maybe a snack? Not sure whether the veggies & fruit are different.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:48 PM   #3  

I remember from the initial class. No difference. Just choose beige or green menu depending upon weight.
pbolton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:14 AM   #4  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

I was all excited to see a thread just for men. You tricked me
I concur about the menu. It's the same for men and women. Menus are based on your current weight.
nomoredonuts4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:14 AM   #5  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
I was all excited to see a thread just for men. You tricked me
I concur about the menu. It's the same for men and women. Menus are based on your current weight.
Sorry, Donuts! I didn't mean to trick you. I am just trying to figure out a way to get my boyfriend on board.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:45 PM   #6  
Em

Quote:
Sorry, Donuts! I didn't mean to trick you. I am just trying to figure out a way to get my boyfriend on board.
Let him know it's pretty much the same food you eat, just more of it
Old 07-22-2008, 03:15 PM   #7  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Wow, the same menu, and the same amounts? I thought men needed more calories then women?
strawberryrhubarbpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #8  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Let him know it's pretty much the same food you eat, just more of it
So he does get more? But it is the same options? I may just try to get him used to the idea of the limited menu, but let him eat more. He has a huge appetite. Definitely a southern boy who cleans his plate-even if he doesn't like it!! LOL
Old 07-24-2008, 02:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Hi all. I have been following this forum for about 2 months now, and honestly thought that it was women only, so never thought to register and post!

Based on my menu (only had 2), I believe it is based solely on weight, and not on gender. Me and women in our food class, who looked to be in the same 'weight' group, had the same menu.

HOWEVER, after my WI this Monday, I met with a new consultant, who put me on a different menu (yellow?) - it was the same as my original, but ADDED a required morning and afternoon snack. My original had no snacks. Still a minimum of 3 HNS a day, but they recommend 5 of course. New menu is Meta-Plus Level 3.

She said the extra food really was needed for someone my size, but that the extra food/protein would help speed my weight loss?

Anyway - hello!
SchoonCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:57 PM   #10  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

SchoonCR - so great to have another guy on the forum!! Come on over to the main thread and introduce yourself! I think the snacks are based on the weight you are. I started at 261 lbs and had an afternoon snack. Can't remember what weight they took that away, but the changed me from 6 oz to 4 oz of protein around the 200 mark. Anyway, wanted to welcome you and hope to hear from your more on the main thread.
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:37 PM   #11  
Em

Quote:
So he does get more? But it is the same options? I may just try to get him used to the idea of the limited menu, but let him eat more. He has a huge appetite. Definitely a southern boy who cleans his plate-even if he doesn't like it!! LOL
He'd get the beige menu - for over 200 lbs. I wasn't on the beige menu so I don't know if there are any differences other than 6 oz of protein instead of 4, and I believe there are snacks allowed as well, but again I'm not sure. And I think one more max HNS. Maybe. Someone on the beige menu can tell you for sure.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

I am on the beige menu (I think, so many different colors!)

I am at 258, so I am definitely over 200lbs, as our my 2 buddy's that are on it.

I get a 10am and 2am required snack (1oz cheese, 4 oz cottage cheese, or 2 oz of any of the group 3 proteins).

I also have 6 oz portions of proteins at all 3 meals, 4/8oz veggies at L/D, starch at B/D, and a fruit for lunch.

I am required to have a HNS at each meal, and they want me to have one mid morning and mid afternoon as well, for 5 total.
SchoonCR is offline   Reply With Quote