Low Carb Recipes - Splenda Quick Packs on Sale

View Full Version : Splenda Quick Packs on Sale

wyo rose
07-21-2008, 02:11 PM
I hope y'all get to read this before the sale is over.

I about fell over yesterday when I went to my local Smith's grocery (Kroger) and the Splenda QuickPacks were on sale for 5/$1.00 regularly 89 cents a piece.

Of course I bought a ridiculous amount, but just the thought of not having to open 24 regular packets of Splenda for my gallon of iced tea sent me reeling.

I think it's still on sale through tomorrow 7/22 so hurry if you want some.

Wesa
07-21-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm going to get some!!! I love that stuff.

mizm
07-21-2008, 03:50 PM
What a great deal! I'm envious of you! We don't have either stores in my area, but I'm still going to check my store tonight, just in case. I love Splenda! The first time I tried it, I didn't care for it. Sometime along the way I tried it again and found it to be great. I use it in dressings, sf iced coffee and some recipes that I used to use a touch of brown sugar.

MizM

wyo rose
07-21-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm afraid I'm hopelessly addicted to Splenda. I put it in my stir-fries, drinks, and of course - baking.

The filler in the granular Splenda has too many carbs for me. I know the small packets have about a carb each. The QuickPacks should have less cuz there's not much filler in there at all. No way is it the same volume as 24 small packets.

The nutritional info says that 1/8 of the package (one serving) has less than one carb...so let's assume maybe as much as .8 gram x 8 servings = 6.4 g for the whole pack.

I just picked a bunch of rhubarb and think I'll dump a bunch in a crockpot (diced) with a QuickPack and a little cinnamon. And then top it with some heavy cream whipped and sweetened with a little more Splenda from a QuickPack.