100 lb. Club - Menu/Accountability/Planning - Week of July 21 -27

Beverlyjoy
07-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Looking for a place for accountability....a place to put your daily menu or plans. Join us here for that and support too.

noranoranora
07-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Hi Beverlyjoy! thanks for the kind welcome!

b: 1/2 whole grain bagel
egg white + whole egg
sl cheese, orange
coffee

Beverlyjoy
07-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Hi Chicks - yesterday went well. With a few twists and turns I still managed to stay on my plan. :) I got on the scale and it stayed the same. It's disappointing :censored:- but, I will carry on. Actually, the past few weeks have been a roller coaster of days on plan and days off plan (when we had company). I thought a week on plan would surely show a loss - but, still being at 196 ( and under 200pounds) feels good. I will work hard to get that scale to move and have sanity with food.

For today:

stretches
lots of water
log food
meditate
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle, peanut butter, applesauce
lunch - refried beans with lite cheese & salsa on a wrap, steamed brocolli
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner - chicken, brown rice, green beans & mushrooms
snack - oatmeal, raisins, milk

I hope everyone has a GREAT day. :D

mj5
07-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Good Morning!

Darkblue--Welcome back! Good for you for getting back on plan!!

Nora--Welcome!

Beverlyjoy--Thanks for starting us off!

Math puppy--How are you doing?

Well, the scale stayed the same this week and that's ok....maintaining is better than a gain! I know I have to get back into my groove w/ exercise and consistent good food choices. Next week I want to see a loss!

Beverlyjoy
07-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Hi again...

DarkBlue - Hi...It's a new week, friend. :coach: You CAN do this...post, post, post!

Mj- Glad you had fun at the wedding. Yes, maintaining can be good too. :) How about, next week a loss for us both! :cheer3:

Hi Nora! :)

Shout out to Rhonda, Schmoodle, MathPuppy - anyone who checks here and and anyone I might have forgotten. :D

GirlyGirlSebas
07-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Welcome, Nora!
Blue - You can do this!

Beverly and MJ, I'm in the same boat with you. After another perfect on-plan week and weekend, my scales stayed exactly the same as last week's weigh-in. I must confess to feeling extremely discouraged. I thought I would see a little something at least. Today, I have a spreadsheet opened and I'm back to calorie counting again. Also, I must limit myself to 2 fruits a day and 2whole grains. And, the treadmill is my new BFF as of today!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

sprklemajik
07-21-2008, 10:36 AM
I spent the weekend off plan after being on plan all week. (Out celebrating with a friend) So only lost 1 pound this week. It was still a good feeling.

Lots of calorie counting this week, extra water, and walking.

mj5
07-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Beverlyjoy--Losses for us both next week sounds good to me!

Rhonda--Oh, I hate it when the scale doesn't cooperate, but hang in there, it will! How did it go on the treadmill?

sprklemajik--A loss is a loss in my book!

I started to hit that "oh, I won't go to the gym today" late afternoon slump....that's my danger zone. So I came here for some inspiration. I AM going to the gym!

noranoranora
07-22-2008, 06:45 AM
Good morning, all! I had a pretty good day yesterday, not perfect but pretty good. I cleaned my house and that always makes me feel calmer which always makes it easier to stay out of the fridge. I'm not sure how that connection works but it works for me.

Beverlyjoy, I'm so impressed by your weight loss. 75 pounds is such a huge accomplishment. Nicely done and way to go!
MJ, your body must be getting ready to do a big *whoosh*. Just hang in there, kiddo. :)
Hi Rhonda. I'll be listening for the sound of your whoosh, too. Please don't be discouraged, you're doing what you need to and it'll happen.
I like your plan, sprklmajik! Losing a pound even though you were offplan all weekend is still a marvellous thing!!
Have a great day, ladies.

Beverlyjoy
07-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Hi Chickies! Yesterday I stayed on my plan - I am grateful. :)

Today will be a busy day. Working in the morning and then driving to a different part of the state for an evening program. The program is at 6:30 - so, I'll be in the car driving at supper time. I am packing a sandwich and drink for the road.

For today:

stretches and movement
lots of water
log food and food values
meditation
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle, pnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - turkey and cheese wrap, squash
snack - crackers and fruit
dinner - almond butter and honey sandwich, applesauce
snack - oatmeal, fruit, skim milk

noranoranora - thanks for your 'way to go' on my weight loss. I've been stalling lately - but, am not giving up! I agree - cleaning or other activities that keep us busy also keep us out of the fridge. Glad you had a good day. :D

MJ- hope you made it to the gym. :) How's your knee?

sparklemagic - good job on the weight loss :carrot::carrot:...every pound counts! Good for you - planning to get right back on track.:)

Rhonda - that darn scale... :?: it's the worst when it doesn't say what we deserve!! Join Mj and I in hoping to kick our scales in the booty (does the scale have a booty?? :dizzy: ) into showing what we know it should say. Congrats on a good healthy week. :)

Have a good day everyone.

mj5
07-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Good Morning! Only three more days 'til vacation!!!! I cannot wait! I have LOTS to do at work, but that's ok. I made it to the gym last night, but didn't put a lot of "oomph" into my workout. Tonight I will give it my all!

noranoranora--Good for you for getting your house clean! I need to do that this weekend! I hope you are right! I would love a big *whoosh*!

Beverlyjoy--Wow, a busy day for you! Good for you for planning ahead! My knee is hanging in there, thanks for asking. I'm not ready to call the ortho, yet, but I'm getting close...

Have a great on plan day everyone!

GirlyGirlSebas
07-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Good morning, Friends!

I'm still on-plan...now on day 15. This morning, the darn scales gave me a pound gain as a reward for my effort. :dizzy: I really hate the scales! Unfortunately, the measuring tape isn't reflecting anything yet, so I'll have to go on blind faith that what I'm doing is working.

I didn't make it onto the treadmill yesterday. Something I ate disagreed with my stomach. I'm still battling the acid stomach this morning. Today, I have an eye appointment and will be getting new contacts. I'm so excited! I've not worn contacts for over a year. Hopefully, the stomach will calm down before then.

Hubby put together a menu plan for the week from the Weight Watchers recipe book and wen shopping for groceries yesterday. I'm so excited that he's getting back on track with me. It's so much easier when we do this together. Now, I just need to develop that close relationship with the treadmill. I have a feeling that nothing much is going to happen in the weight loss without some sweat equity.:tread:

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

Darkblue
07-22-2008, 11:56 PM
*sighs* I'm here, just lurking. Long day, stress with work, and a friend more concerned with herself than to ask me how my day went, but whatever.

Weight is still 220. I seem to have hit this stupid month-long plataeu, which is my fault. I diet, I overeat. I guess it's balancing out.

*waves at Beverly, Rhonda, and MJ5* Sounds as if you all are doing well!

Beverlyjoy
07-23-2008, 05:55 AM
Hi Chicks! Yesterday I got into some sugary things - it wasn't horrible - but, the cravings came big time after that. :dizzy: Today, I will definately stay away that that.

Yesterday morning I did a toddler program. It was delightful. :) They smiled and joined in a developmentally appropriate manner. So many giggles and smiles. I had my summer helper, of course. Three children sat in his lap. He has 4 brothers and loves the wee ones. When we got in the car - he said "Mrs. C - this was my best day working for you." It made me smile. :D

Plans for today:

working
log food
lots of water
stretches and movement
meditation
PMA (positive mental attitude)

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - cottage cheese, crackers, brussel sprouts
snack - yogurt with fruit
dinner - 12 grain pancake, boca bacon, sf syrup, squash
snack - oatmeal, fruit, milk

Darkblue - sorry to hear about your friend's not even asking about you - I have a friend like that too. :hug: I've been at the same place as you with eating too - days on...days off. Hang in there....you can do this. :)

Rhonda - darn scale! :p They say...eventually the scale will reward you. I know, it's hard to see that when you're in the middle of that not happening. Good for you on 15 days....that's awesome. :) Also great that HD is on board with healthy eating.

MJ - good for you in getting to the gym! :D Are you going away for your vacation?

Everyone have a great day.

mj5
07-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Good Morning! Yesterday was the first day I haven't taken any prn anxiety meds...I think the "regular" med is FINALLY kicking in (fingers crossed!). So far so good today...already drinking water, have a healthy lunch packed, and healthy dinner planned. I am going to the gym right after work.

Rhonda--Those darn scales! It IS working, hang in there! I hope you feel better. YEA for new contacts!!!!! I am overdue for an eye appt myself, I need to make one before I run out of contacts. I am so glad dh is getting back on track w/ you, you are right, it is so much easier when you are working together. I'm the same way....w/ out the sweat equity, I don't see many results, so get on that treadmill!

Darkblue--Sending you a big hug, sounds like you could use one. You CAN do this!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like you had a great morning yesterday! We aren't going away, we'll probably do some day trips or something, we have to get our roof fixed later this summer, so that where all our $ is going right now. Stupid roof!

Schmoodle--Hope you are having a great time at the beach!

GirlyGirlSebas
07-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Hi Friends!

I'm still on-plan, but not feeling so great. My stomach has been extemely gasey and uncomfortable since Sunday. I can't figure out what I'm eating to throw everything off. Maybe I'm adjusting to the healthy fresh fruits and vegetables?

I've stayed on-plan and the scales are still stuck. I've only been back on-plan for two weeks, so I think it's too early for any kind of plateau. I've decided to go back to what I know works for me...Southbeach. I'll do a modified phase 1 with 1 whole grain and 1 fruit per day and lots of veggies and lean proteins. And, I am truly starting the C25K program again today...regardless of how the stomach behaves. If I have to jump off the treadmill several times to run to the potty, oh well! I've also decided to finally put those resistance bands to use. I've always avoided doing so because I didn't want to negatively impact the scales....but, looks like it wouldn't make much difference at this point. However, I might be able to lose some serious inches.

Darkblue - It's so good to hear from you again. Don't be a stranger, okay? It really does help to come hear everyday for the support and encouragement...and, an occasional kick in the bippity bop!

mj5
07-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Rhonda--Sorry to hear you are still feeling icky! Good for you for revising your plan...that's what we have to do, until we find what works.

Ok, I just had to share this....I have had two different people in opposite parts of the building at two different times tell me I look pretty today. And you know what, I feel pretty today (even before they said it!). Wow, I have come a long way! I need to post this as a NSV!

Beverlyjoy
07-24-2008, 06:28 AM
Hi Chickala's - With a few twists and turns yesterday and still managed to stay on my plan well - I am grateful.

I have done my stretches and am ready for the day. Those stretches sure do help my pieces and parts.

I went to Aldi's yesterday...their prices on produce especially - are at 25 - 40% less than other stores. I love that store. I don't mind having to pack my own groceries to get that savings.

For today:

meditation
log food
lots of water
more stretches and movement
PMA

Plans-
breakfast - egg white scramble, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - eggplant with lite cheese, brown rice
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner - not sure
snack - oatmeal, fruit, skim milk

Rhonda - I hope your tummy is better today. I think you're wise in changing things in your plan so that you are comfortable, it's livable and it works.

Mj- so glad to hear about those complements you recieved. I know that feels. Sounds like you planned for a good day yesterday.

Shout out to Dark Blue, MathPuppy, Schmoodle (on vaca) Cajun Catholic, noranoranora, merksie, sparklemagic and all others that stop by. Have a GREAT day.

Darkblue
07-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks, ladies...I appreciate not being forgotten.

Beverly--I think we have an Aldi's somewhere on the north side of the city. How are their prices for other things? What about quality?

How are you enjoying Onderland?

mj5, that seriously rocks! I'm glad others are recognizing your hard work and determination! Doesn't a compliment just light up your whole day?

Rhonda--hope you feel better soon. It probably is the fruit/veggies. I went through that stage as well. *hugs*

GirlyGirlSebas
07-24-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm still on-plan and waiting for the scales to respond. Yesterday, I pulled out the resistance bands and set up a workout for those. Hopefully, the inches will start dropping even if the scales don't move an ounce!

Today, the stomach is calm but the head is hurting. Jeeze, it's always something.

MJ - Congratulations on your wonderful NSV! I bet you are looking really pretty!:hug:

Beverly - We have an Aldi's in the next town. I've never been there, but looks like I might need to try. How is their selection?

mj5
07-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Hi everyone. Accountability time....I did not go to the gym last night. I had a headache by the time I left work and used that as my excuse not to go. In reality it wasn't bad enough to keep me out of the gym, but I convinced myself it was. Unfortunately, no time to go tonight. Ugh, I get so frustrated w/ myself...one step forward and one (or two) back. Ok, deep breath. Minor setback. I WILL workout on Friday.

I need to get back to my sticker/reward plan. I re-started it only half-heartedly. It was really working for me before, so (DUH!) I need to pull the calendar and stickers back out.

Beverlyjoy
07-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Rhonda and Dark Blue - I have always been pleased with the quality of foods at Aldi's. Many of their products are their own house brand. Sometimes, I can't use us a whole bag of onions before they start to go bad. The selection isn't huge - but, I think it's worth a try.

In fact...I think I'll ask all the folks what they think of Aldi's in a separate thread.

noranoranora
07-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Hi everybody. I've been sticking to my plan with the help of my dh. I've wanted to order in junk twice this week and he took over and cooked me 2 very nice, on program dinners. I really am so lucky to have him. :) So, so far, so good.

Rhonda, sorry to hear about your tummy/headache problems, I know how that is. Every once in a while, I wake up and realize that I don't have an ache or a pain somewhere, those days are really special.

mj, nicely done. I'm very happy for you. I bet you're absolutely beautiful.

Beverlyjoy, it's great to see you doing so well. You are an inspiration. :) I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose 75 pounds!!! Awesome!!!

Hi darkblue. It's nice to meet you.

Beverlyjoy
07-25-2008, 06:19 AM
Hi folks! I stayed within my calories yesterday - I am grateful. :) DH brought some candy into the house last night & I had a 50 calorie portion & counted it in then I told him he had to eat it all or I'd throw it away. He did.

TGIF - I am so glad it's almost the weekend and I can rest my pieces and parts. This week has had such nice weather...high's in the low 80's and cool mornings...what a pleasure. :)

Today...the usual...

meditation - (haven't done it for a couple of days...need too!)
lots of water
log food
stretches and movement
PMA

Breakfast - Kashi waffle with pnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - cottage cheese, sweet potato, brocolli
snack - yogurt and fruit and almond butter
supper - pork tenderloin on the grill, salad, brown rice
snack - oatmeal, peach, skim mik

noranoranora - SO glad DH is supportive and helpful. It's great when their on board with your efforts! :)

Mj - your sticker plan worked in the past - good idea to bring it back. :) You can do this!!

Rhonda - I am so glad you are determined despite the scale not cooperating. :D The resistance bands are a good idea as well as measuring! Hope your headache is gone.

Hi Darkblue - good to see you!!! :D Onederland is wonderful...I've kind of stalled here and have had trouble moving forward. However...it feels so, so good to be under 200 pounds and to not have creeped above it. Thanks so much for asking.

Have a great day...treat yourself as well as you'd treat a good friend.

GirlyGirlSebas
07-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Hi Friends! TGIF!

Well, I'm at 17 days OP. However, my scales still aren't very impressed with my committment. I don't believe I've ever eaten this healthy in my life....lots of fresh veggies and fruit, whole grains, lean meats, healthy fats in moderation......no refined sugars...no sneaky milk chocolate candy bars or Chikfil-A coffee caramel milkshakes and waffle fries. However, the scales haven't moved for the last 12 days. Winging the calorie counts is obviously not working very well for me. I feel hunger when it's time to eat, but I really don't know how many calories I'm consuming. Today, I'm back to calorie counting every single bite. It is very possible that I'm overeating on the healthy stuff.:dizzy:

Beverlyjoy
07-26-2008, 06:39 AM
Hi folks...yesterday I stayed with my plan...I am grateful. I didn't get in my meditation yesterday. I've been not fitting it in this week. It is always so helpful when I do...so, I 'll make a true effort to get it in today.

Today friends from out of town are coming over this morning for a visit on their way passing thru. I am serving coffee and melon.

Quiet day otherwise...maybe some thank you letters to places I went this summer.

It's been kind of quiet here at this thread - I'll post anyway...'cause, it helps me to put my menu down for the day.

For today -

meditation (done!)
lots of water
stretches and movement
log my food and values
PMA

breakfast - cottage cheese and banana, pnb toast
snack - melon
lunch - turkey and lite cheese wrap, brocolli
snack - yogurt and fruit
dinner - turkey polish sausage, sweet potato, green beans
snack -oatmeal, peach, milk

Rhonda.... darn that scale!!! Counting every calories may help. I am so proud of your wonderful efforts even though the scale is stubborn. Hang in there.

Schmoodle - I saw you posted at a different thread. Welcome back. Hope you had a good vacation.

Shout out ot MJ, noranoranora, DarkBlue, merksie, sparklemagic and anyone else that stops by.

Have a great day.

Schmoodle
07-26-2008, 08:00 AM
Good morning accountability friends!
Hi chicks, I'm home! I'm sipping some tea and contemplating a couple weeks of SB Phase I. We had a nice week at the beach and I indulged a bit, but the scale (who apparently missed me and wants to be my friend this morning) says no harm done. But I feel like I need a good round of Ph1 to kick any cravings (there was definitely sugar involved), and get back in the groove. I'll post some pix later. I got home yesterday and made a shopping list and menus for the week, so when I'm done with my tea I'll hit the store and farmer's market and get stocked up. I need to get the lawn mowed and all the sand vacuumed out of the car, then maybe we'll go to the pool and catch the movie on the green tonight. I responded in the other thread, but for the record, I am a big fan of Aldi's. I am headed there now!

Rhonda, I am sorry the scale isn't rewarding you right now, but 17 days on plan is a great achievement! I am very proud of you too. Don't let yourself get discouraged.
Beverly, thanks for the welcome back. I like to put my menu down here too, although I have no idea what to put for today since I haven't been shopping yet.
Here's my attempt:
B: Beans with salsa and cheese
S: V8,
L: Salmon salad
S: fudgesicle, latte
D: Crabcakes, sauteed zucchini
S: Diet soda
I'll fill in the blanks later.
The weather here is beautiful. Hope you chicks have a great day too.

mj5
07-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Hi everyone! Ahhhhhh, I am officially on vacation!Dh is away this weekend (Cooperstown baseball weekend w/ the guys), so it's just me and the 'girls' (dogs) at home. I am going to go shopping w/ friends, watch some chick flicks, read, and just relax!

Beverlyjoy--I wish our Aldi's was as nice as yours! The produce at ours is usually pretty questionable...I don't know why I stopped the whole sticker thing--It worked SO well. Oh well, I am back at it now. The calendar and stickers are right on the dining room table!

noranoranora--Yea for your dh's support! It is so much easier when you have someone to support you like that! Great job!

Rhonda--17 days (18, by now!) That is fantastic!!! That darn scale. good for you for getting back to calorie counting and NOT giving up! I don't think the scale is going to move for me this week either, but I haven't been as diligent as I could have been.

Schmoodle--Welcome back! Hope you had a great time!

I have a feeling I am going to maintain again this week, but it's my own fault--not making the best choices (not terrible, just not the best) and not getting consistent exercise all week--which for me is key. I am waiting to hear back from a friend this am to see if we are going shopping today or tomorrow, then I will plan my workout for today and tomorrow. I will be doing WATP dvd's both days--don't want to burn gas going to the gym...

Have a great OP Day! I'm sure I'll be around a lot this weekend!

GirlyGirlSebas
07-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Hi Friends!

The scale smiled a tiny bit for me this morning.:D

We headed out for our monthly trip to Whole Foods. I'll catch up more later.

Have a great on-plan day!

TamTam
07-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Hello all! Haven't had time to do much posting, we are re-vamping all 3 stores to get ready for the Christmas season and we have one done, one almost done and have not touched the third one yet, dont' have much time for the computer. Hope you all have a blessed weekend.

noranoranora
07-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi everyone. Just a quick note to say hi. I haven't been doing very well as far as eating goes but I at least have some answers about a medical issue I've been having. I'm just putting my 1 year old (tomorrow) grandson down for a nap, I hope to chat more with you all on Monday. Have a great weekend, chickies!! Back on program with me, right now. :)

Beverlyjoy
07-27-2008, 06:48 AM
Hi chicks....yesterday was so, so hard. I had cravings all day long. :dizzy:I stayed within my calories until after supper and then overate. :( I did my meditation, stretches, water, etc - it was just the food that tripped me up. But, I am ready to start a new day with a healthy outlook. :)

Relaxing today with DH and maybe some office work, too.

Today-
meditation
lots of water
log food
stretches and movement
PMA

breakfast - egg whites scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, pear
lunch - turkey and lite cheese open face sandwich, green beans
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner - steak, rice, salad
snack - oatmeal, 1/2 banana, skim milk

noranoranora - I hope your medical issue is resolved quickly and all goes well for you. :hug: So glad you checked in.

Mj - enjoy your vacation!! :D Glad to hear you got out the stickers.

cajun catholic - I bet you're very busy, indeed. Thanks for taking the time to stop by. :) Hope all is going well.

Rhonda - YAY! :carrot::carrot::carrot:
Finally, a smiling scale. :) You really deserve it. I love Whole Foods too.

Schmoodle - "no harm done" at the scale after a vacation is awesome. :D:D Slide yourself back into PH1, friend. Sounds great.

Darkblue - hope you are doing well. :)

Shout out to all the folks that stop by.

Have a GREAT day.

Schmoodle
07-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Good morning chicks, I've got lots of choices due to a fridge stuffed with food!
Here's my day:
B: coffee with milk, hard boiled egg, turkey bacon
S: V8, refried beans with salsa and cheese
L: crab cake, sauteed zucchini
S: latte, sliced cucumber with vinegar
D: salmon over salad
S: Greek yogurt with a sliced peach and slivered almonds

Got most of my housework done yesterday, so today I just plan to do some laundry and get prepared for back-to-work Monday meetings tomorrow. If we can avoid the thunderstorms, we'll visit the pool later. Hope you all have a lovely Sunday!