30-Somethings - 30 Something Chat Mon. July21st

View Full Version : 30 Something Chat Mon. July21st

pmasci
07-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Hey ladies...

Just a quick post then off to clean. Not much else going on around here today. Sat around and watched movies all day with hubby yesterday. Kids played & watched as well. Very lazy after two days of swimming all day!!

Pear...OP means "on plan" as far as I know. Unless I've been completely wrong the last year...lol.

Okay girls, if I don't get going now, I'll be on here allAM and my bathrooms will stay dirty.

Later chicas!!

P

GatorgalstuckinGA
07-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Morning all...got another day off and lots to do. More errands to run, got to get my truck registered (its that time of year). Also, need to go to the gym and get the house cleaned and do laundry. So it will be a busy one.

Pearfreak-to answer your question OP=one plan/points....in otherwords trying to stay within your diet plan and stay within either your calories, points etc.

alright all....hey to everyone else!!!!!

poppyseeds
07-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Oops... I answered the OP question on yesterdays thread... bad girl... bad!

Well, another monday is here. I didn't want this weekend to end... it was a good one. We took our golden retriever Mackenzie to the park last night. She jumped and played in the lake and we were hysterical. She was wanting those ducks I'm telling you. But the ducks wanted no parts of her!!! It was a riot!! She met lots of new doggy friends too. We had a nice change of scenery for our evening walk and DD loved it too. DS stayed home and played guitar hero for 4 hours!!! UGH!! Can''t blame him though, he worked almost all week AND weekend and was missing his XBox.

So I'm off to work. Napoleon boss is still on vaca (probably out nuking whales or something) so it shouldn't be too bad today. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

:)

IrishJoan
07-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Mornin' Gals,

Pam ~ I read your post about Cadence showing you all that she could do in the pool. That is so exciting! Seeing the kids learning to swim as well as learning to read is so cool!

GG ~ did I read correctly that you'll be working 8 days straight after today? Whew, that will be rough if that is the case. I know that you're working extra days with your trip coming up but will this schedule ease up after August? I hope so!

Karen ~ so sorry to hear about DH. I hope that a new opportunity comes around shortly for him. Also, regarding the doctor visit/pre-diabetic... this might be the kick in the pants that you need. You need to take care of yourself so that you can take of those two precious babies of yours. Big hugs to you...

We had a busy weekend on this end. I got my exercise in each morning and that had to have helped me since I didn't eat so good at the social events that we went to. I got on the scale this morning and it has stayed the same. DH made a homemade blueberry peach cobbler ~ soooo good. Plus, we went to a birthday party so I've had plenty of sweets. That is definitely my weakness. Like Pam, I have dirty bathrooms and laundry awaiting me so gotta go. Hope that everyone has a great Monday ~ Joan

IrishJoan
07-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Valerie ~ LOL at your comment about your boss nuking whales:). You are a trip Girl. Have a good week!

fergi
07-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Good morning hope everyone had a great weekend.

The retirement dinner went well. My daughter and I had a good time. We had mommy daughter time since the husband was out of town. So she was my date.

Yesterday was a lazy day. We laid around the house all day. Got some chores done. I need to get everything done before Saturday. We are taking the girls to the monster truck rally. Then we leave on Sunday for Florida. So I need to get packed and everything before Saturday. Plus drop the dog off at the sitters. Busy Busy Busy.

Plus the DD has volleyball camp this week.

Talk to yall later

Fergi

Kofarq
07-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Good Morning! I'm packing up DD for her visit to Alberta, and DH-to-be for his month at work. And making a list of all the things I'll do while I'm alone!! We want to buy half the backyard from the new neighbor, they don't do anything with it, and we would pay for the fencing, and their poor dog won't have to spend most of his time barking on the balcony!! I'd get a place for a greenhouse, and I'd put my new fruit trees over there! Have a great day!!

LBH
07-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Mornin' All! :coffee:

Another crazy Monday around here! Sunburn's a little better, thanks to whoever that was that asked. Yes, I'm being lazy and too tired this AM to look! :lol: I'll check in later! Have a great day!

KAR73
07-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Morning Everyone,
Sounds like today is the day for laundry and cleaning house. I might do a little bit of that myself. In between trying to cheer up my dh. His boys' hurt his feelings yesterday by telling him that they didn't love him and they didn't like coming over to the house because he makes them mind and do things for themselves. See their mom and stepdad give into them and don't make them do things to make them learn responsibility. So it has been a rough day yesterday and last night trying to sleep. His kids are his world. He does everything for them. I told him that they didn't really mean and that they didn't know what they were saying at the time. But he doesn't think so. So should be a fun day around my house. I think I am going to call his boys today and have a serious heart to heart chat with them. My dh told me last night that he wanted to kill himself because we do everything for his kids and with them and then they treated him like that. So say some prayers for my family right now.
Sunshine glad that your mom is home from the hospital. Hopefully she will recover and be back to work soon.
Pam, sounds like you had a nice weekend. What movies did you watch? Enjoy cleaning. How was your school supplies shopping yesterday?
Fergi, glad your retiremtent dinner went smooth and well for you. So you have a week until your trip to Flordia. Enjoy your vacation. Every summer, I tell my dh that we are going on vacation. But then something comes up and we never go. So I am saving money this coming year and we are going somewhere next year.
GG, enjoy your day off. Sounds like you will be busy doing errands. 8 days straight after today is going to be a long time without any days off. But then you go on your vacation after that right? Did you find a camera yet?
Joan, sounds like you had a really busy weekend partying. Hard to get back into the swings of things, huh. Glad you stayed the same on the scales. Enjoy your laundry and cleaning today.
Valerie, you had me lol about your boss nuking whales. Hope you enjoy a peaceful day at work. Sounds like you had fun at the park last night with your doggie! How is your leg doing?
Hi to everyone else. Think I need to get my fat butt up and moving for the day.
Chat with everyone later.
Have a great Monday!
Kerry

Christina S
07-21-2008, 10:47 AM
happy monday!

we had a good weekend...saturday i laid in bed all day!...it was great...the boys did their thing..then saturday night we went to a dinner for dh's cousin who just got married...fun fun...yesterday was the cleaning, grocery shopping...that kind of stuff...we did go to the park to try to fly little marios new kite (a big airplane with propeller and all) but not enough wind so he just played...

planning for a super busy day at work and week at work...gotta run...have a great day!

gg: try to enjoy a little time to yourself on your day off!

pam: sonds like a great weeekend for you too!

valerie: too funny about your boss!...hope you have a great day with him still gone

joan: great job getting your exercise in during your superbusy weekend...yummy cobbler it sounds like dh made!

fergi: when did your daughter get back...did she have a good trip out here?...she went to CA right?...glad you had some mommy/daughter time...

kerry: sounds like it was hard on dh to hear that...you're right though..they really dont mean it...in the long run they will thank him...hope they listen to you when you call them!

kofarg/lauren: hi to the both of you....have a great day

ok...gotta run!

pmasci
07-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Hey girls.

Kerry...Just said a prayer for you guys. That is scary that you DH even said that, maybe he should talk to someone? As for the kids, yeah, I would tialk to them and let them know they were out of line, and their words really hurt their dad. I don't know what I would do with my kids if they had two sets of rules...must be so hard for you. (((HUGS))) As for the shopping, yes, I got what i needed, still spent 70.00!! Well, 25.00 was for Cady's new backpack & lunchbox. She got a "camp Rock" Backpack, cause her Dora one is for "preschoolers, not kindergarteners" according to her. So overall not too bad.

Joan, yes, it was so cool when Frankie learned how to read, too. I remember having him show everyone when he read "Dan, Dan, the Flying Man" So cute!!! HOpe you are able to get alot done today. Are you still going to your WW meetings?? I was always jealous of people who had husbands who cooked, but in your case, I am going to consider myself lucky. I can bake stuff & pass it up, but when someone else does, I just have to have some. It's so much better when someone else makes it, right?? Glad you had a nice weekend.

Fergi, sounds like you have a busy week ahead!! It's always fun getting ready for a trip, though, I think, because there's something to look forward to!! Glad you and DD had a nice time together!!

Patricia, enjoy your last day off for awhile...hope youa re able to squeeze in some relaxation!!

Valerie, I too thought the nuking whales comment was so funny!! You and Trish have a great talent for describing things so well!!! Glad you got out thisweekend, enjoy the last bit of "Non-Napoleon" time!!!

Lauren, Hanna, Toni, Trish, Lisa (where are you girl??) Karen, and everyone whose name is escaping me, hope you are all well. Got to get back to laundry!!

P

pmasci
07-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Hey Christina,,,soryy for got about you :(

soooo.....BIG HUGS TO YOU!!! Glad you got some family time in this weekend. I know you were planning on being busy at work.!!

Oh, and Alicia!!! HI HONEY!!! I know you're home cause I saw your post on myspace (hehe)

lois lane
07-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Hey everyone!

Pam, I must me WAY to predictable, lol.

Kerry, unfortunately, the stepkids are at that age to say stuff like that. My DD does it all the time. It is very hurtful, but I have to remind myself that its adolesence. Just recently when I wouldn't let her do something, she told me how I didn't care about her. Just talk to them and let them know it hurt their Fathers feelings.

Hello to everyone else, I have to go back and read what everyones been up to.

I got home from work this morning. It was a rough night last night at work. The lady kept me up all night. I spent an hour trying to convince her there was nothing under her bed. (She wanted me to call the cops). When she can't sleep, she calls me all night for crazy stuff.

Hope everyone has a great day. Ill check back later!

Alicia

IrishJoan
07-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Pam ~ I've skipped my last 3 weeks of WW. Bad, Bad Me!! I know, I know.... I was doing so well but then had a slew of parties, traveling, etc., etc... I need to get my butt in gear. I was going to start back this week but my sisters and nieces are all getting this Wednesday night to go see Mama Mia. Wednesday night is when my favorite leader leads so I plan on starting back next week. Shockingly, I haven't put any weight back on, but I haven't lost any either. Thankfully, I've kept up with my exercise or I'd be in far worse shape. DH keeps telling me that I don't need WW and that I can do it myself. He sees how well I'm doing with the exercise and how it's becoming a habit now. I agree with him about that but I have so little control over the whole other issue... food! I love it way too much:(. At least I know I'm not alone, right girls? LOL.

I haven't started school supply shopping yet. Each year more and more is required.

FYI regarding backpacks. I only buy backpacks from LL Bean. They are so unbelievably sturdy. I bought DS one from Target when he started Kindergarten and within months it was tearing and looked like crap. I bought a good one from LL Bean and he's still using it! Both of the girls have one too and the stuff that they're made of washes up like brand new. I loved the backpacks so much that I bought lunchboxes from there too. They are so great! I throw them in the washer about once a month and they last forever.

IrishJoan
07-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Kerry ~ sorry forgot to mention DH. Sorry about that. Kids say lots of things that they don't really mean. Especially in a divorce situation. Who knows what they're hearing in their other home. Sounds like your talking to them is a good idea.

Alicia ~ I hope that you find another job asap! Not getting your sleep and being away from home sounds unpleasant. Hope that you get some rest today.

yana
07-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi everyone
I am back to work full force after surgery and let me tell you how hard it was to drive to work today. I so forgot and got used to waking up whenever I want during my 2 weeks working from home. Man, I am so tired already and sleepy....
I will be back later,
P.S. Today is my first day on South Beach Diet. Wish me luck.
Hugs,
Yana

KarenK
07-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Hello ladies,

Well, DH has been closeted in the office since 10 calling contacts and doing whatever constitutes looking for a job in his field (computers). He hasn't told his mom yet so he's cut off from a couple of contacts until he does. I think he's nervous about telling her.

Good news here is that I exercised two out of the last three days and my eating has been more under control. We are supposed to go to the beach later this afternoon. I will get plenty of exercise there lugging stuff to and from the car!

Pam: Please come do my bathrooms!! LOL. I just did them on Friday so they aren't that bad! Enjoy your cleaning.

GG: Enjoy your day off, even if it will be very busy.

Valerie: Sounds like an awesome weekend! My DH and DS really got into the video games yesterday. It was the first time DS was really able to play so they spent the whole afternoon/evening playing. I told DS not to get used to that! It will definitely not be that way all the time around here!

Christina: Sounds like a great weekend at your house too!

OK, DH is requesting lunch so I gotta skeedaddle. Hello to eveyone I missed! Well, I was going to say I would check in later but if we actually make it to the beach I guess I won't!! :wave: :wave:

IrishJoan
07-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Good luck today Yana. I've never done South Beach. Is it sort of like Atkins?

Karen ~ have DH tell his mom asap. She'd want to know and it sounds like she might be able to help him ~ is she also in the computer field? He's not letting any grass grow under his feet about finding a new job. Good for him for getting right on it today and looking. Sounds like a fine man you've got! Things are a little scary at Mike's job as well. He works for Anheuser Busch and it was just taken over by InBev. I'm not worried about him losing his job as much as losing all of his current benefits. AB has excellent benefits and I doubt that the new company will be as generous. He tells me that his job is secure there but who knows. There are no guarantees in life.

Egg salad and a fresh peach for lunch. Now back to work cleaning:(.

pmasci
07-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Hey Joan, I was thinking about you last week when that all went down. My DH is sooo upset about it. He's like, "There will be no more American-owned companies soon". I guess because AB is one of the big ones. Hope your benefits, etc. don't change, and I definitely hope they don't change my Bud Light!! hehe

Karen, yup, sounds like your DH is doing great. I do agree he should tell his mom if it's keeping him from making contacts. Hopefully she won't find out about it elswhere!! Have fun at the beach today!!!

yana, good luck with SB. A friend of mine did it years ago and had great results.

Alicia, sistah, hope you find something else soon. How do you think the kids will manage when school starts?? Hope you get some sleep today, too.

Okay, gotta put laundry away...I REALLY hate to put it away. In fact, I still have a basket full of folded laundry from Friday that needs to be put away...so, better get a move on.

Later chicas!!

GatorgalstuckinGA
07-21-2008, 02:15 PM
afternoon all. Well i got my errands ran this morning. Then had lunch and started working on the house. I'm taking a break for a few. So far, I got all the food preped for dinner tonigh, then chopped my celery and cauliflower. I'm tyring to be good and eat more veggies...but of course, i don't eat them unless they are all chopped. So i did that, then i spent over an hour cleaning the kitchen and 1/2 bathroom from top to bottom. I needed a break. I'm sweating bullets. I did look at cameras some. Im looking for a point and shoot. DH and i have an awesome Digital rebel..but its just too cumbersome to bring overseas. We need a small camera.

Those who asked...yep you heard right...8 days straight of work. Glutton for punishment. I will be leaving for my trip about 1.5 wks after the 8 days straight. I will be getting my hair done the day after my 8 day stretch. I really need it...my hair is getting long. I also have sunday the 3rd off..and i plan to go shopping. I NEEEEED clothes for this trip. I'm not exactly at the weight/size i wanted to be...but that's life.

I'm planning to go to an aerobics class this night and then off to ride the pony. Man i'll need a rest after today LOL

pam- i'm like you...i hate folding and putting away laundry. Silly huh?

Hope everyone is well.

momsquared
07-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Hello everyone! I am new to this thread and wanted to wish everyone a happy Monday. I will go ahead and post information about me in the bio section, but I definitely am having a case of the lazies today. I think because it rained all morning and even though it has cleared I just want to sleep.

KAR73
07-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Afternoon All,
Thanks to everyone for the prayers and kind words. I talked to the boys this morning while their day was gone for a little while at the city pool cleaning it. I just told them that they hurt him really bad and that they need to know that he thinks of them alot. Also that they need to stop using him for the things they want or want to do and then get their own way and stop calling or coming over to visit until he calls and begs them to come over to visit. I told them that they should thank their lucky stars that they have a dad like him. So they told me that they would call him atleast once a day just to talk. So about two hours later, the phone and rang and it was them. Justin said I just called to tell you that I love you and to chat with you for a little bit. Then Levi got on the phone too. After that his mood changed a little bit. Over lunch, he said that Justin must have felt bad because he called to just say hi and that I love you, dad. I just let him talk and never said that I had a chat with the boys this morning. So I am glad that he is in a better mood. He seems to becoming out of his little funk. So once again, thanks.
Joan, my mom and sister love LL Bean. In fact, they go to the outlet in Haggertown, Maryland once or twice a year. I think once I get to my goal weight I might plan a shopping trip with them there to get some awesome clothes. That is great that you are getting back into the habit of excerising again. I started to workout everyday since the 4th. Went to workout yesterday and my dh told me that I needed a break. I wasn't a happy camper since I didn't get my walking dvd in. I switch them up every day.
Christina, glad that you are got in some family time this weekend. Sounds like you are going to be busy at work today. How is your oldest ds job at Sears going and football practice?
Alicia, sorry you had a rough night last night. Hope you can get some rest today at home. I remember those nights, my parents, sisters, brother and I took care of my grandpa who has Alzhemiers. Many nights we got phone calls from my grandma to come over and help her get grandpa back to bed. He would be in the basement trying to work on the furnace. Scary isn't it?
Pam, glad that you got everything you needed. Had to chuckle at your daughter's comment about Dora being so preschoolish. That was too cute! My nephews daughter is three and tells us all the time she is a big girl. That she is not a little girl. But a big girl so we should let her do what she wants.
Lauren glad that your sunburn is better. Hope your day isn't a crazy one!
Kofarq, what does your husband-to-be to for a living that he is gone for a month? How long will you dd be go on her trip? Sounds like you are going to keep yourself busy while they are both gone.
Hi to everyone else. Haven't really done much today so far. Other than doing my walk and jog dvd. Helped dh clean off the back porch, caught up on my food journal for TOPS, and read some. So think I should think about getting a shower soon. Maybe do some cleaning and laundry too.
Well chat with you all later. Have a great afternoon.
Take care,
Kerry

KAR73
07-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Welcome Momsquared! Glad you joined us. Look forward to getting to know you.

yana
07-21-2008, 02:43 PM
WELCOME Momsquared! You are going to love it here.

LBH
07-21-2008, 02:52 PM
hey All! Speaking of LL Bean, DH's Aunt bought us a backpack style diaper bag from them when Peter was born...we still use it and it's awesome!! I love it!

fergi
07-21-2008, 03:20 PM
:wel3fc:Welcome Momsquared. You will like it here.

fergi

mamatoni
07-21-2008, 04:01 PM
hi everyone and :wel3fc: momsquared!

I have been having a bad few days food wise. Need to get my butt in gear!! I realized that I go back to work in 3 weeks and I wanted to be thinner than when I left, but unfortunately I still haven't lost the 5 pounds I gained on my vacation!! :( I WILL HAVE MORE SELF-CONTROL!!!!! :drill::drill::club::club:

My mom has the kids for another hour, I am going to go on my run quick and hop in the shower before I have to go pick them up. DS's birthday is friday, so I spend all my child-free time shopping for birthday stuff.

Last night was day one of night-weaning DD, went MUCH better than I expected, will do a full report on talk about kids forum tomorrow...

Hi to everyone!!

KAR73
07-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Toni, I am sure that you will get back on board with your weight loss. We all have those moments. Plus you had a busy weekend. How was your cousin's graduation party? So you go back to school in 3 weeks. I can't believe it is already time to start thinking about school. I go back at the end of Aug. But the kids first day is Sept.2nd. Hope you enjoyed your run!
GG, sounds like you sure are having a busy day off. Enjoy your ride this evening.
Karen congrats on workout. That is great! Hope you enjoy your trip to the beach. Sounds like dh is busy looking for a new job. Why is he afraid to say anything to his mom?
Yana, hope you made it through your first day at work without crashing. I know that in a month or so, I will be in feeling like you are. My first day back to school, we also start the afterschool program, so it will be back to 10 hour work days right off the bat. But I can't complain about the extra $$$ I make.
Hi to everyone else. Have go do some Avon work now. Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry

lois lane
07-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Yana, good luck with SB, one of the few diets I haven't tried. I hope it works for you. You'll get back into the swing of things at work after a few days.

Momsquared, welcome!

Kerry, glad to hear you smoothed out the situation with the kids. Dh is lucky to have you...

Pam, even worse, I've left my clothes in the washer for days, I will completely forget about them. I would have thought a Hanna Montana bookbag, guess thats old news too?

Joan, they do have nice bags. My kids always want a new one each year, so I usually go the cheap route anyways. I got a letter from Spencer's school saying all the supplies would be provided. I had to read that sentence a few times to let it sink in. Enjoy Mama Mia. I want to see it too, looks like I'd be on my own with that one. Oh, and yes, I think we ALL love food, speaking for myself.

Karen, fingers crossed for you and your family that DH finds something soon.

GG, hope you get some rest today before that long stretch. Are you still going to the personal trainer or is that over with?

I just can't get into the swing of things. Once you stop it is really hard to start back up. I can't seem to get myself to exercise. It has been too hot outside too. Suppose to be near 100 here today.

pmasci
07-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Welcome, momsquared!!!

Alicia, yeah, Hannah Montana, right? I was sure she'd want that, and she said, "I'm kind of getting out of Hannah Montana." Right. Until the movie comes on next weekend, oh, and she & Frankie couldn't wait for the new episode last night.

Joan, my neighbor's kid is using her brothers LL Bean backpack that he had for like 10 years!! I should probably get Frankie one, he ruins at least one a year, and he's out of the "character" backpacks. Cadence will probably get a new one every year until 3rd grade, I'm guessing. Oh, well.

Kerry, glad things are better at home. Sounds like the boys didn't even realize they hurt their dad. BTW...good for you on the exercise!!!

Okay, off to make dinner. Just finished another Junie B. Jones book. Frankie read them when he was younger & now I read them to Cadence...she cracks up at then, it's so cute. ANyone have any recommendations for a 9 year old boy as far as interesting reading? He hates it, but he loves stuff like Captain Underpants and The Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, has read them all though. Looking for something along those lines...any suggestions??

Later girls!
P

IrishJoan
07-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Pam ~ if Frankie likes Capt. Underpants and Diary of a Wimpy Kid then he'd probably like "Supernatural Rubber Chicken ~ Fowl Language." Also, has he read the Ricky Riccoto books also by Dav Pilkey? They really crack Liam up.

My girls would love to get character backpacks but they don't have a choice LOL. They got cutesy ones in preschool and they never used them. They were so cute and little:-).

Alicia ~ school supplies provided??? Yeah, I'd have to read that over and over again too. Sweeeeetttt. Just start taking baby steps in moving more. I know how hard it is to get back into the swing of things. We've all been there, done that. You can do it!!

Kerry ~ Alicia is right. Your hubby is lucky to have you. You sounds like a very thoughtful person. I love what you're doing in honor of your dad's 70th birthday.

Mama ~ Girl, you are super-duper lucky to have MIL and mother watching your babies thru out the week! I've never had family close by and would love to have someone take the kids for an hour or two. Give them an extra big hug:). Sorry for not posting the dill potato soup recipe yet. I will do it shortly.

Hi Fergi ~ sounds like you have a full week. Enjoy your vacation next week.

Welcome Mamasquared! We love new people.

Well, my bathrooms are clean but that is all. My girls have dragged out loads of toys into the living room and dining room. We have a great playroom downstairs but they always bring their stuff up here to play around the area that I'm in. I'd like for them to clean up but won't even ask. It's good to see them actually playing together so nicely! Better enjoy it while it lasts... Have a great evening everyone ~ Joan

yana
07-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Evening everyone,
First day is over, I am home, but still have a lot to do including a meeting with Singapore at 7:30 pm. I am so relaxed at home alone. I think my DH is stressing me out ;) I missed him at first, but now I am getting the hang out of it.
Thanks for being here, ladies, and for your support.

IrishJoan
07-21-2008, 07:20 PM
Yana ~ you left a clean house and came home to a clean house *plus* you don't have to fix dinner for anyone! Enjoy it while it lasts! Glad to hear that you survived the first day.

I cleaned and cooked today so now it's time to sit down for a bit with my book:).

SunshineCA
07-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Sunshine glad that your mom is home from the hospital. Hopefully she will recover and be back to work soon.

Thanks! I checked on her today and she flying around the house like usual. However, I'll be glad when she gets back to her normal routines. Having to depend on other people is driving her nuts.

SunshineCA
07-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Hello everyone!! Happy Monday!! :)

Had to work this morning. I got off early again so it wasn't bad. The bad part was that I was extremely sleepy. DH and I stayed up late again last night. ;)

Anyway, I popped in to see how everyone's doing. Once I log off, I'm hitting the sheets for a quick nap.

Hope you all had a Marvelous Monday!!!

mamatoni
07-21-2008, 08:32 PM
I ran out of time for my run today, ended up biking with the kids to the park instead, they both fell asleep on the way home. :carrot::carrot::carrot: I LOVE it when they nap at the same time! :D:D

I charted my whole day's calories ahead of time on Daily Plate and I feel better about how this day is going food-wise. AND after 2 weeks TOM is finally gone! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: If that isn't a reason to celebrate, I don't know what is! :D

My cousin's graduation party went well, I grazed way too much, but she enjoyed it and I found a beautiful necklace as a grad gift that she loved.

Sunshine, glad you had a good time last night and you mom is doing better. Enjoy your nap!

yana, enjoy the me-time. Have you been to AK before? I love it up here and can see why your DH has to come back to get his "fix" :)

Joan, I take total advantage of having family in town and make sure they know they are appreciated! My parents divorced, but are both in town, so my kids actually have 3 great sets of grandparents to visit. It is neat to know that they will be able to grow up knowing their grandparents, not many kids get that opportunity these days. I would still love that recipe, it is perfect soup weather here, it's been 50-60 degrees for the past 5 days (it's supposed to last all next week too) :( kinda feels like fall has hit already.

Alicia, hugs and some exercise motivation coming your way............I know you can do it! :carrot::carrot:

Kerry, thanks for your confidence in me, I haven't moved my ticker in ages and it helps to have all of you supporting me. Glad your talk went well with the boys and your DH is doing better.

GG, hope you enjoyed your days off and feel energized for the next set. :carrot:

Valerie, sounds like a great time with the dog, we need to take ours out more, they would love it.

Kori, when is your wedding date?

Christina, sounds like a great time with your DS.

Well, gonna go put away some laundry before the kids wake up, it is soooo much harder when they are "helping" :lol:

yana
07-21-2008, 08:41 PM
OMG Toni, I just NOW realised that you are from AK! WHat city do you live in?

Joan - Yeah, you are right. It's absolutely true.

Sunshine - have a nice nap. I just took one. Sweet.

Hugs, to everyone else!
Yana

GatorgalstuckinGA
07-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Evening all. Well i got lots of house work done...still more to do. I went to the gym...i was going to go to a 5.30 cardio aerobic class..however there was a horrible wreck that had traffic stopped (they had a medivac come in..not good). So i got to the gym 15 min after the class started and didn't want to go into a class late. So i went upstairs and low and behold..i rand for 15 min straight and then did 10 more min of walking and a butt load of push ups, sits ups and plank holds. (I'm done with the pt training..really miss it...but can't afford it right now). I was sweating buckets when i left the gym and the i went to the barn. i only rode about 20 min because i was soooo sweaty from the gym and tonight was muggy and hot. Didn't make for pleasant riding weather. I then came home and worked on cleaning the bathrooms. Now all that is left (for tomorrow) is vaccuming and mopping the upstairs bathroom floors. I was too lazy to dragg the vacuum up the stairs. AS for do i feel relaxed and ready for my long stretch..heck no...i think i'm going to pass out now LMAO. Alright all..good night

oh yeah...welcome momsquared.

mamatoni
07-22-2008, 12:23 AM
yana, I'm in Fairbanks. grew up here, left for college and came back. I love it!

yana
07-22-2008, 12:29 AM
Toni - my husband just came back from Fairbanks visiting his friend Jamie Caudy. May be you know him?

mamatoni
07-22-2008, 12:47 AM
yana, Nope, when did your DH graduate from High school?