South Beach Diet - Monday On The Beach

View Full Version : Monday On The Beach

cottagebythesea
07-21-2008, 06:31 AM
It's Monday already. I swear the weekends go by faster than weekdays!

Today is little Maggie's birthday, she's 5 years old today! She had a big birthday bash with all her family and cousins while they were on vacation, so we're keeping things low-key today. I'm going to take her to her favorite toy store after lunch to let her choose her present from me, and she's very excited about that. ;) And I think we're all going to go see "Wall-E" later this afternoon.

I have a week full of birthdays this week. My niece (and goddaughter) turns 18 on Thursday, and baby Tyler celebrates his first birthday on Friday!

mandyleigh
07-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Mornin ladies!!

Cottage -- wow..that is a week full of birthdays!! Should be fun with the little ones and exciting for the 18 yr old! Have fun with it!

I agree...the weekend days go by all to quickly for me!!! My mom's birthday was Saturday and my sister and I suprised her with a totem pole we got back from Alaska without her having a clue about it!! The expression on her face was priceless!!!
Today is starting week 3 for me starting over with SBD. So far I've done great and will weighin today for my total loss for Ph1. Also I did lots of cooking for the week last night, and it was all ph1 things, so I will likely add some fresh blueberries today.

Have a good one ladies!!!

Forgot to add in a "cheat that I did yesterday" I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE almond joys....well..since that's a HUGE no-no....I tried to compromise. I took some plain non-fat yogurt, added splenda and coconut extract, then found sugar free hershey's syrup and added a smidge...and WOW...it was actually pretty close!! And it satisfied my craving!! YAY!

Ruthxxx
07-21-2008, 06:49 AM
Happy Birthday to wee Maggie. What a great age that is!

I woke during the night to a great crash from the kitchen. Then I remembered I'd left the broiler pan on the edge of the counter. The temptation was too much for Hershey! It sure was nice and clean when I got down this morning. It's soaking in the sink with cleanser and bleach right now.

Tons to do this week so I may not be around as much. The Pypers arrive this afternoon with two teens and Bailey the Portie so life will be pretty chaotic but fun for the next week. I did get some pre-cooking done for their visit and for feeding the Board members at the Fair, and persuaded friend John to not have the post funeral lunch at his house tomorrow morning. It'll be at the Legion with the ladies catering! Whew!

Disney graduated from her first obedience training yesterday - certificate and all with a group picture. No mortar boards. :rofl: I have registered her for the next level so we'll be back at it next Sunday for another six weeks. She's come a long way since May 25 and I'm very pleased.

So... time for breakfast and to rub the pork loin with salt and garlic dry marinade. I also need to squish things around in my fridge as I know the Pypers will bring food. Some times I really could use an extra fridge.

Hope your Monday is great. If you get bored, some here. Lots will be happening and I'll find a job for you. :)

Ruthxxx
07-21-2008, 06:52 AM
Hi Mandyleigh. You gave her a totem pole? How on earth did you get it from Alaska to LA? Your cheat sounds perfectly legal to me. By the way, I never call them cheats but refer to them as deviations. :)

Belle Mer
07-21-2008, 07:03 AM
Good Morning,

Cottage: Happy Birthday to Maggie and all the others. Enjoy your day!

Mandy: Your almond joy sounds good!

Ruth: Sounds like you have a full day and week. One of these days I may take my dog to obedience classes. I try to train her at home as much as possible. So far, so good.

Well, I start Phase II today. I lost 6 pounds on Phase I. Today I'll have oatmeal for breakfast and blueberries with my yogurt for tonight's dessert. That's all I will introduce this week. Yesterday started out as a sugar craving day, but all is well today.

I'll have coffee with a friend this morning, and then return home to catch up on paperwork.

Have a wonderful day!

mandyleigh
07-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Guess I should've clarified....it was a statue...only about 24-36'' high...haha...i suppose a real totem pole would be difficult to carry on the plane....geez knows what they'd charge for that! haha

Loriann7
07-21-2008, 07:19 AM
Hi all, no time for personals for me, I have that second interview today! This one the pay isn't that great, but starts out with four,t hats right, four weeks vacation!!!!! 11 holidays, 7 personal days... I was thinking "do you folks work?" hahahhhahah

TwynnB
07-21-2008, 07:37 AM
Good morning chicks!

I'm enjoying my omelette with fresh basil (never tried it..YUM!!!), getting ready to wake up the kiddos.

Five!?!? What a great age!!

The totem pole sounds pretty cool! What a great idea....my mom would love that!!

Congrats Disney!!

Me - off to work. Whoopee. :) I don't feel like working out today (it was an emotionally draining day with my 5 year old yesterday.....), but I know I need to! Then off to do groceries, etc. Wow, what a life!!

HOpe everyone's day is good!!

cottagebythesea
07-21-2008, 07:40 AM
Mandyleigh, I'm glad you clarified that! I was trying to figure out how on earth you managed to get that totem pole back! That was a great idea for your Almond Joy, too! If there's a will, there's a way!

Ruth, please give Disney a congratulatory hug from me for graduating! And Hershey deserves a hug, too, for helping to wash dishes! I know that's a huge relief that John is having the funeral catered, your going to be busy enough this week!

Bel Mer, congratulations!!!!!

Loriann, good luck! :crossed:

cottagebythesea
07-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Good morning, Twynne! I hope it turns out to be a great day at work for you!

femmecreole
07-21-2008, 07:50 AM
A quick wave and good morning! My Mother In Law is visiting and I'm kind of pressed for time this morning. But wishing everyone a wonderful day!!

ladybugnessa
07-21-2008, 08:03 AM
i woke up thinking it was sunday

happy birthday Maggie

good luck Loriann

hi all
it's hot
i'm at work
my husband is a jerk today i wish i was single

that is all.

femmecreole
07-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Mandy...on the almond joy thing. I made some "truffles" a couple of weeks ago that may work for you for that almond joy craving.

Take about a cup or so of oatmeal and whir it up in your food processor, then add some almonds and whir up again till it's fine. Then add a little bag of prunes and whir again, then add sweetener, then either that chocolate syrup or some cocoa powder, then a little vanilla and coconut extract...then roll em up in balls and keep in the fridge. Prunes are pretty "sweet" so maybe one a day or so? They kind of taste like a cross between fudge and a stuffed date.

Pacergal29
07-21-2008, 08:43 AM
UGH! Usually I hate to see the weekend end but after all the in-law drama this weekend I am glad to be back at work! With all the drama and add in TOM my eating is horrible. Back to it! Speaking of TOM has anyone heard from Kara? Hope all is well with her family.

Another hot one today, supposed to start storming soon and then the "cold front" will move through tonight bumping the temp down a few degrees and hopefully take some the of the humidity with it.

Have a great day chick, bbl!

weezle
07-21-2008, 09:07 AM
Morning girls. Just a quick fly-by again. Grandma is still ok but having a lot of pain now, so that part's not good. I guess she was really upset when all the out of town relatives left yesterday.

I have to go get my blood taken again so they know my new blood pressure meds are ok. Otherwise, just a long day at work. I'm exhausted even though I've had 4 days off. Lots of grandma and travel stuff so my brain is fried even though I actually got a good night's sleep last night. Just waiting for the tea to kick in.

Hope you all have a great day.

Lisa

zeffryn
07-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Girls...I need some advice....

This weekend was full of drama with the in-laws...

DS just turned two and is starting to hit if he doesn't have the language to communicate what he needs. He never hits hard...but it looks bad...Apparently nobody else in the family (with 4 children) was a hitter so they think it is completely unfounded. I tried to explain that it is just a phase and that he was basically bred to play really rough by exposure to his older cousins who only play rough with him. I honestly didn't think it was fair to expect him to understand who he could and couldn't play rough with. If he does actually hurt somebody, he is very apologetic (kisses, hugs, offering his blanket to help calm them...) He's also hardly ever around that many kids at a time and that combined with the fact that he wasn't getting his naps all the time, or a regular bed time made for a kid that wasn't as in control of himself.

On Saturday, the entire family got together. One of the older grandkids (the one that plays rough with DS all the time) was holding a new baby. DS didn't realize it and jumped on his cousin from behind...he didn't hit the baby, but it scared her and looked really bad. My SIL looked at DH and asked if he was going to discipline DS for it...it was a toss-up, his heart was in the right place...he just wanted to play and wasn't able to realize that when she is holding the baby that it wasn't the right time to play. The rest of the meeting was rather awkward and I ended up just taking the rest of the day off from the family.

Fast forward to Sunday. We all went over to MIL's house in the afternoon. DS hadn't had a good nap and wasn't in a very good mood (6 solid days of not napping is bad bad bad for him :( ) When we first got there, I knew it would be a rough day because he was clumsy and was dropping big toys - to which his cousin yelled at him to stop dropped things...and he hit her...not hard, almost a push on the cheek. It still wasn't acceptable...so DH was about to take him out of the situation to calm down and "time out"....as he was leaving the room, FIL told us that "Calvin is much too violent....you need to change that"...DH tried to explain that he was a boy through and through, and he liked to play rough and that most of the time it wasn't a problem....FIL said that it was just something that wasn't acceptable and that we needed to change it because none of the other kids were rough with eachother when they were kids.

As we packed up to leave (how could we stay? It would be so awkward) he told us that leaving would be a mistake...whatever.

Duh. Could it be possible that kids are different? My SIL beats her kids into submission, and while we do spank occasionally....other ways of punishment work better for different things...overall he is a very good kid. I think violent is such a horrible way to describe a two year old that is hitting as a form of communication - whether it be "HI!" or "Gimme that toy!". It also had horrible implications on our parenting....which I've always felt was under scrutiny because of our family not being of the same belief system as them.

My husband's family are very legalistic Christians and on more than one occasion they have referred to my DS as a reprobate because DH and I are both considered apostates. Oy.....what a lovely thing for a 2 year old to hear from his grandfather. His family uses the bible to back up their preconceived thoughts about people. Aggravating as heck.....

Anyway, sorry for the book...I just have no idea what to do...DH is ready to write them off if they don't do something to right it...I need some advice..

I can't wait for our vacation to Minneapolis....

ladybugnessa
07-21-2008, 09:24 AM
ya know what my first inclination is to cut ties with them till they can accept you as you are.
since your DH is on board with that, i say go for it.

tell them: "sorry our lifestyle and childrearing practices do not meet with your aprroval. to rectify the situation, we will no longer subject you to our heathen ways. Have a blessed life"

and move on.

but then i'm a mean one.

just because you share blood does not mean you have to share air space.

Pearlrose
07-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Good morning Busy day at work so not time for personals Just wanted to say Hi!

hmacneil6
07-21-2008, 09:31 AM
I really wish that I had time for personals this morning because it sounds like you all have some rough weekends, but right now I simply don't. Hopefully I'll have time this afternoon. But overall it sounds like it was not a fun weekend for most.

My weekend was VERY BUSY! Saturday was a good day with USO, shopping for a baby shower gift, a movie, and dinner and poker with good friends. Then yesterday started bright and early with dh, my mom, and I heading down to purchase MY NEW CAR!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot: It's so pretty. It's a red Dodge Caliber '07. From the dealer we went to church, then to lunch with friends. From there we went walking around Old Town with the friends we went to lunch with. We came home and I headed out to grocery shop. Came home and left for an evening worship service, then out to dinner. We finally got home around 9:30. I made my food for today then went to bed. SO LONG and BUSY!!! And I didn't want to wake up today, so I missed my morning workout. AND to top it all off, TOM started last night. Is it wrong of me to be grateful that work is today and I can relax back into routine???

Anyhow...I'll try and get back later for personals. Have a great Monday, Ladies!
ENJOY!!!

femmecreole
07-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Zeff...tricky situation with family...

My thoughts would be (after all the company leaves) is to go over and talk to your inlaws about this. Maybe you can tell them that (as of right now) Calvin is an only child and not used to being with other kids so much and becomes very exited when he gets to play with his cousins especially since he is not getting naps he is used to. At that age, excitement can really turn to "over stimulation" that can sometimes lead to behaviour that is not accepatable. Then ask them what they would do short of spankings that may help him to understand that it's not what he is supposed to do.

You don't have to do what they say, BUT, it will make them feel like you respect their opionion and want to involve them. Family is family and I would not cut them out of your life or your son's life. That way, you kind of put the ball in their court.

Barb0522
07-21-2008, 10:26 AM
zeff - I wouldn't cut them out of your life but I would try to limit your time with them. I know how hard it is when kids are too young to understand and haven't had their normal naps. Brian got kicked out of day care when he was 13 months old. He was teething and didn't understand that biting was inappropriate. I moved him to a family day care with older kids and he did great. It is important to try to explain to your son that babies are fragile and hitting isn't appropriate especially since he will soon be a big brother. Good luck with the in-laws.

My weight is up a little. I think I had too many off plan and salty foods this weekend at the party. I wish TOM would arrive. I was regular when I was on the Pill but I ran out and am waiting for it to come so I can start up the pills again. I'm only a week late but I've been many months late before when I go off the Pill. At least I know there is no chance I can be pregnant!

zeffryn
07-21-2008, 10:32 AM
With babies, DS is extremely gentle. He kisses them and tickles their bellies gently....it was only when the baby was on his cousin's lap and he wanted to play that he got confused.

I have no doubt that he will be gentle with his new baby sister or brother.

I know that DH is still very hurt by all of this, but I think that if we let it sit without dealing with it....we're going to be dealing with a **** of a lot of resentment as well...I'm going to talk to him about going over to his parents house tonight to talk to them. The hardest part about all of this is it is his parents...and so I don't really consider it my place to criticize something they said....although I think I may have to make an exception for this instance.

I really don't want to completely remove them from our lives, but I do think that we will be limiting the exposure that he has over there. The funny thing is is that DS doesn't have this problem with his other friends or playgroup kids....only with his cousins. Ugh....parenting is confusing.

femmecreole
07-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Zeff, if ya'll end up moving to N.O. or B.R., then that little problem will be taken care. You can have short visits occasionally without having to be too close.

zeffryn
07-21-2008, 11:25 AM
This kind of thing makes me want to move across the country instead of just across the state!

Loriann7
07-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Just sitting down to a very hectic drive to the interview! I would of been there ten to fifteen minutes before the appointment, had the 390N not been closed due to an accident! I was caught in heavy traffic, sitting there for a good solid 20 minutes. So I called the lady I had the interview with and explained the situation. AFter they redirected me off a different exit I called her back for directions, but then some of the vehicles were continuing back on 390. In all the excitement I found myself following, only to be redirected to 590, so back on the phone for different directions! Talk about embarrasing! So on the way back home an hour and a half later the traffic was backed up even more so! (not in the direction I was heading, but in the north bound lane). I came online and found it was a school bus. http://www.whec.com/article/stories/s517415.shtml?cat=565

Praise God everyone is suppose to live through this!

I'm gonna go relax, will try to get to your personals soon!

Hugs all.

Fat Melanie
07-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Cottagebythesea- congratulations on little Maggie's b-day (your daughter?) Have a great time.

Mandyleigh- your concoction sounds delicious, I can have that on Phase 2 right? I made like a chocolate ricotta cheesecake with skim ricotta, eggs, vanilla extract, hershey's pure cocoa, and ew. It's not ... good. Then again it also seems over-baked. I should have just made the cream cheese kind... sounds like you had better luck making a yummy 'sweet' treat than I did.

Ruthxxx, I'm not sure if you mean a dog or cat, but my cats do that. It's gross.. They are very spoiled and untrained. It was mainly my black cat who died last week, she would lick pans clean if I left them out overnight. The other cats aren't as bad.. it's disgusting but I do miss it. Congrats on Disney (dog?) completing obedience training, perhaps I should enroll my cats. :p

BelleMer, congrats on losing 6 lbs on Phase 1. I'm on day 7 today, tried to ignore the scale until I'm done with Phase 1 because I know the ups and downs will discourage me. Hopefully I will have done as well as you have.

Loriann, good luck with your interview!

TwynnB, sometimes when I don't feel like working out, I tell myself I'll just do 15 minutes here, 15 minutes there, and then end up doing a full hour. Which, is a principle I need to apply today, because recently I haven't done any exercise due to the drama in my life. Some exercise would be very stress relieving.

Femmecreole, have fun with MIL.

Ladybugnessa, hope things get better with your husband.

Pacergal29, not that I'm married, but I know how bad in-law drama can get, lol. Hope things get better.

Weezle, good luck with the meds. Hope your Grandma is doing better!

Zeffryn, sorry to hear about the stuff that is going on with your son. But IMO, it is sooo not your in-laws business how to handle you and your DH's son! DH should stand up to them and tell them so (not insulting him by any means, I know how much pressure family members can put on people.) They just need to butt out, you and DH know what is best for DS. He doesn't sound violent to me at all, he just sounds like a normal 2 year old (terrible twos!) acting out because, like you said, he doesn't yet have all the words he needs to explain his feelings. I was just reading something about this in one of my baby mags a few weeks ago. It is not you and your husband's fault, no matter what those... people.... imply. Grandpa sounds rather like a... word I cannot express on this forum. SIL sounds like a biatche, beating one's children into submission is abuse and abuse breeds abuse! The more she beats them for misbehaving, the more they will misbehave as they become older... Ugh, family situations can get so sticky and hard to deal with. I feel for you.. I don't have any advice other than tell them to mind their damn business and choose what you feel is best for your son. You know what's best, not them. Stay strong. :D

I just read Ladybugnessa's reply to you and I agree... cutting ties might be the best way to rectify this until they learn to keep their mouths shut. Snide remarks and implied insults from the in-laws will only be a big stressor that you guys don't need. :) Or at least, DH should have a very long talk with them about what's appropriate and what's not.

Hmacneil76, have fun with the new car! Sounds beautiful. :D

I am on Day 7 of Phase 1 and staying strong. Was eating too many fats I believe, so yesterday watched it with an eagle's eye... realized I did not need to fry my turkey bacon in smart balance, the pan is non stick, and the bacon makes fat, also, I just used a cooking spray. BF's ex-wife stopped by to chat as we've been doing recently and this may sound odd but I think I've found a good friend in her... hope everything works out and they get their daughter back, not just for their sakes but for our combined children's sake; they deserve to grow up with their parents and siblings!

Have a great day everyone.

GONNABE165
07-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Quickie post for me as everytime I have come to post I get called away.

Had a great weekend with family amd friends it went by tooo fast.

Hope to check in later for personals

femmecreole
07-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Melanie, do you have a microwave? If so, try just cooking the turkey bacon in there on a couple of paper towels, so you won't add any fat to it and the grease will get absorbed in the paper towel..and no pan to clean!

zeffryn
07-21-2008, 02:56 PM
and no burns from popping bacon!

JulieJ08
07-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Girls...I need some advice....This weekend was full of drama with the in-laws...

For what it's worth, I've known a lot of toddlers (I have 16 nieces/nephews/grandnephews), and I think every single one goes through phases of hitting and biting. It's just part of learning new abilities and boundaries. Of course you teach them not to, just like we teach them to use a toilet. But it is not something bad about any particular child. Obviously some children will do more of it than others, just like with every other trait. But they all do it. Parents just conveniently forget about what their child does or rationalize it away in their mind. I just cringe when people use a shaming kind of correction when toddlers hit or bite. They just have to learn that they can't do it, not be shamed about it. I think that actually makes it worse, because it becomes a battle of wills because self-esteem is pulled into it.

zeffryn
07-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Thanks, Julie.

I think I'm going to print out everything that was said here and everything that I read on the 'net and mail it to him.

In other news, my MIL is supportive of us....

cocowgirl
07-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself..I'm new to this site and have been on the beach for 6 days on Phase 1...Doing good so far..havent weighed in yet..trying to stay off the scale and weigh in weekly..I weigh in on wed morning..I'll let everyone know how i did.
A little about myself: I'm a 46 yr old Mother of two..Robb 22yrs and Ben 15yrs..married to a wonderful man named Joe for a little over 2yrs..We live in Colorado and have an Akita and a cat... My husband is some support...he's a runner and sprinter and competes..never has to worry about his weight...Looking for some beach buddies to make my journey easier...to share ups and downs with...recipes etc...
Sara

:carrot: :dust: :cb:

cocowgirl
07-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Hope everyone is having a great today!
Was just wondering how do I set up the weight trackers that everyone has on the bottom of the posts? Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Sara

Fat Melanie
07-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Hey Cocogirl, click on User CP, then go to...

Uh, hold on, let me go see and I'll post back with directions. :)

Fat Melanie
07-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Go to User CP, then on the lefthand side, click on "Edit signature." There you can make a weight tracker and put it in your sig. Hope that was helpful. :)

hmacneil6
07-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Cocowgirl - Just so you know, I think you have to have a certain amount of posts here before you get your counter. But once you have that amount (I think it's 40) you'll then be able to add it to your signature. Welcome to 3FC and good luck on your journey!

ladybugnessa
07-21-2008, 05:21 PM
30 days in and x number of posts not sure how many.

hmacneil6
07-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Thanks for clearing things up, Nessa!

Belle Mer
07-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Zeffryn, it's probably none of my biz cause I'm new here and don't even have kids, but I wanted to say that people, even family members, "bless their heart" as they say in the South, jump to conclusions and lose patience when they shouldn't.

Maybe let things settle and then the next time you see them just remind them in advance that your son is only two and not yet perfect, but he's working on it, so everyone please try and relax, you will handle things your way.

Family issues are hard, but IMO it is better to try and work things out if you can, than distance yourself. It seems that a current trend is to walk away from things and people that make us feel bad, instead of trying to work things out. How many times can we do that in life? It is harder to stay and "fight" until you reach a mutally agreed upon resolution, I know.

You can't pick your family and sometimes they are a royal pain or even worse, maybe much worse, but they are your family and they will be in and out of your life, even if it is aggravating at times.

Just my .02.

cocowgirl
07-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks for your help

zeffryn
07-21-2008, 06:00 PM
well....we're headed over there tonight.....wish me luck....if I don't show up tomorrow....someone water my garden ;)

cottagebythesea
07-21-2008, 06:43 PM
I hope you have a pleasant visit this evening, Zeff, and that the situation has a happy ending.

:welcome3:, cocowgirl! We're happy to have you joining us! :)
You'll be able to get a ticker after 20 posts/ 20 days.

mandyleigh
07-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Zeff, wow...I have no advice to give, only good luck wishes!! Hope everything went well with the inlaws!! I have an extra room in Hammond if ya'll don't mind 2 dogs!! haha...

Barb0522
07-21-2008, 09:34 PM
I just heard from a friend (the wife of one of Robert's high school buddies). She said that Robert sent an email asking for prayers for justice for tomorrow but he gave no details. I don't know if it is something about the divorce (that I haven't heard about since my lawyer is out of town) or if it means that he finally is going to court for the misdemeanor assault/family violence. I hope it's that but I'm going to call the district attorney's office tomorrow and ask for an update. They were supposed to tell me when the court date was so I had the chance to attend if I want to (which I'm not sure I do since he's just going to lie and say nasty things about me and I've heard all that in the original divorce hearing for temporary orders). In any case, I'm glad Deb is enough of my friend to tell me what she knew and wish me good luck.

Island Girl
07-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Hi, Beach Babes,
I started phase 2 also today; along with my sister and my daughter. We have a facebook support group with just us and we post our food diaries there and give one another support on a daily basis. It is sort of like this but with family. :) Let's see my daughter and I lost 7 lbs and my sister lost 4 (she only needs to lose about 15 total) This is my second time with SB, having done about three months of it two summers ago. I was pretty active on the board at that time. I probably won't be as active this time because of our group and all the cooking :)

Island Girl

zeffryn
07-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Well....we're back from the in-laws and just now making dinner....sloppy joes (thanks hmac!). It didn't go quite the way we wanted it to....but it wasn't completely horrible either....I guess it was a compromise of sorts. I'm happy to have it resolved.

mandyleigh
07-21-2008, 11:42 PM
Zeff...glad to hear it wasn't a complete bust!!!

I feel absolutely great right now...just finished up a 30 minute workout on the elliptical and burned 376 calories....per the elliptical machine read out...not sure how reliable it is...but i swear i think i lost a gallon of sweat! haha