Old 07-20-2008, 12:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Default Starting Core & have question

Hi Everyone,

I am not new to WW. I have been doing WW Flex and do WW at home. I have been faithful to allowed pts and not going over for months. And I some times I feel like I am force feeding myself to get ALL the pts in for the day. I do exercise but kind of limited because of my knees. I seemed to be stuck at (sometime bouncing around) 217.5 lbs for months and recently did breakthrough down to 214.5, but am back up to 219 lbs this morning which if probably just water from too much salt yesterday. I chose Sunday as my WI day because it starts a new week.

When I shared my experience with a WW Flex group I'm on here at 3FC, someone shared with me that they knew someone else whose experience was similar to mine and suggested that I try the Core Plan as that person did because when she switched to Core she was able to lose weight.

I switched to Core Plan as of today and I have a question. I have been reading the Core section of the Getting Started book and I am not clear on one thing. And I love the whole concept of Core especially only eating when hungry and stop when you are satisfied. And it is really a healthy way of eating more like Whole Foods which I also like. Flex was good for when it comes to learning portions, but so many times I ate found that I wasn't eating because I was hungry. I was eating because I had to get my points in for the day which some times it seemed to make me feel hungry and then I would eat more going into my weekly points. I felt like I was training myself to eat more, not less. So I think this is going to be a very nice, more relaxed way of eating for me. Now for my question. I love the Whole Grains and already use them, but I don't understand about the number of grains you are allowed daily. In one place I felt it was once a day, but then in another place I thought maybe it might be one for each meal. While I do believe our body needs some, I'm not sure my body tolerates too much of even the good grains so I just wanted to check to find out for sure what the rule is on this. How often are we to use grains in a day?

Thanks for your help.

Trish
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:50 PM   #2  

I got the answer myself when I called my sister last night who does WW Flex and attends meetings. Her DH job pays for her to go. Anyway, One time a day is the answer which is what I thought it meant. I am so glad as I think this will work for me hopefully that is if my body will even tolerate it one time a day otherwise, Otherwise I will not be able to have it at all. Isn't too different from lowcarb I've lost weight with before.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 07-21-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:50 PM   #3  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Trish, first of all !!!

Are you talking about brown rice, potatos and whole wheat pasta? If that's the case, yes, you can have one of them, once a day. If you have a potato for lunch and brown rice for dinner, you need to use your 35 WPA on one of them.
But grains such as bulgar, barley, oats, wheatberries, quinoa and wild rice as well as others, can be eaten as many times as you want in a day. There is no limit to them.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #4  

Tracy - Thanks for the welcome and for clearing that up. I actually thought that meant pasta too. I appreciate you letting me know. Actually, I found out I did it all wrong yesterday so made today my start up date on Core. The nice thing is that I haven't been hungry, no cravings and the nice thing is I don't have to eat unless I am truly hungry. I really believe I'm going to enjoy this way of eating.

Trish
Old 07-21-2008, 07:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Trish-
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:06 PM   #6  
Sunshine

S/C/G: 162/156.0/127

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Trish! Good Luck!

I normally eat my "one a day" starch at night with my dinner. I count my ww bread points throughout the day for my allotted 5 flex per day. (if i have a ww english muffin for breakfast, or ww sandwich bread for lunch). I seem to stay full longer and keep my satisfaction for "starch" cravings.
BLKB10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:46 PM   #7  
In Pursuit

S/C/G: 225 / 209 / 180

Height: 5' 4"

These boards are great when I visit! I was just asking myself the same question today after my noon WW meeting. This really helps clear that up.

I'm in the same boat, PattyGirl. I've been floating at the same spot for quite awhile and have decided to "kick it up a notch" and really apply myself - which means really understanding the plan. So I'm back to basics.

Have a great afternoon, everyone!
PampGal is offline   Reply With Quote