Weight Loss Support - Back to the Beach

View Full Version : Back to the Beach

boatingmommy
03-25-2002, 10:48 AM
Hey all you people out there trying to get fit and trim. This group is full of people who are trying to envision life in a healthier, happier...and yes, THINNER body! Our original motivator was wanting to look better for life on the beach...but...we are all learning that it takes time and hard work...and kicking those DIETING BLUES in the tushy!!! Read along and jump in!!! We welcome anyone who feels that getting the support you need will make a difference!

Boating Mommy:cool:

boatingmommy
03-25-2002, 11:06 AM
Happy Monday!!! Is that an oxymoron? I'm not sure...but I am in a positive mood and I'm gonna go with it.

Canoes and Angel, and everyone else, way to go with the losses last week! The hard work is paying off! Feels good, doesn't it. Those 10 pound markers are an especially big highpoint....now you are in the double digits. Grace, hope that computer of yours hangs in there with us. Wisconsin, Trace, can't wait to hear what you've been up too. Hope the vacation time does you good!

Here comes Easter. Gather up your strength and PLAN AHEAD!!! I know I am scared about the food that will be around next weekend. Those damn Peeps alone are enough to make me jump right off the diet wagon! I AM NOT GOING TO GAIN WEIGHT THIS WEEKEND!!! I need to keep saying that over and over in my head. (If all the other voices in my head would just shut up! )

Well, let's talk about the next challenge...I am gonna work on a Mother's Day challenge. Whoever is up for the challenge should start by weighing in this Saturday, March 30. I will start posting the losses next week on April 6. There are six weeks from March 30 till May 11, the day before Mother's Day. So...pick your total pounds that you are challenging yourself to lose and let me know. I am gonna go for 10 pounds. That would take me from the 173 I am now to 163. Hope I haven't set my goals too high, but I am going to try my best.

Well, hope all of you make the move and post soon!

Boating

Gennel
03-25-2002, 12:16 PM
Let's keep this thread going! I was feeling down a few weeks ago but I'm back! What choice do I have but to keep going? My other choice is quitting and there is NO pleasure in that! Every week I'm closer to my goal. Some weeks no weight loss but I'll keep going and the following week I see it paid off! I'm almost tempted to throw out my scale to be totally honest. We look at those numbers and if they dont move we feel sad. But I physically feel soooo much better! I've lost 16 inches so far, 5 inches alone from my waist > These are the things I need to remember when I work my butt off all week and dont cheat but yet see like 1/2 lb weightloss. There was a week when I had no weight loss but when I measured myself I had lost a few inches! So it's coming off!lol :)

Gen

tryin'hard
03-25-2002, 12:58 PM
Hi! I love all the chat about planning for next weekend. It'll be here before we know it and the more planning we do, the better we will succeed! In my planning for next weekend, I'm trying to plan either a long walk or a bike ride. If it's a beautiful day (and even if it's not), it'll be nice to be outside looking for signs of spring!
I'd like to be a part of the Mother's Day challenge! Here are my stats: 250/161/155. I'd LOVE to be at my goal for Mother's Day! What better gift could I give my family?? It's only 6 pounds, but it's taken me almost 4 months to loose the last 7! And I know with the support of this thread, I can do it!
Have a great day, everyone!

angel-eyes
03-26-2002, 09:30 AM
Hi. What a great idea!! And since being a mother has only added (poundage wise too....) to my life, I would love to lose a little bit more!! What day in May is Mothers day?...is it the 13th? Gosh...what a good mom I am?.. lol Forget about the date, and just give me the presents!!!...haha Seriously, I would like to pledge that I will lose 8lbs. My body is doing one of those .....lose a pound a week things lately. Not sure how many of you know...(as I was telling anyone who would listen....).but so far it has taken me 9 wks to lose 10 lbs with ww's. My body is just going to take its own sweet time to lose weight, no wonder actually with all the diets I have been on in the past. No metabolism levels right now. So there you have....its just me...I'M UNIQUE!! So 8 lbs is what I pledge from now to then. ITS A GOOD THING!!

tryin'hard
03-26-2002, 09:48 AM
Angle-eyes--you can do it! Remember, you didn't put it on over night, so (big sigh here...) you just have to be patient. And besides, once you loose it, you'll never see it again! Just think where you'd be if you hadn't been doing ww for the past few weeks! You're making progress and have faith that you can do it!
Have a great day!

EZMONEY
03-26-2002, 06:19 PM
ARE YOU GUYS TRYING TO DITCH ME?

boatingmommy
03-26-2002, 09:29 PM
Howdy!!!!

Hey EZ, wouldn't try to lose you. You're the only man brave enough to jump in with this bunch of women. How's the excercisng going? Getting your money's worth out of the new excercise , I hope. Maybe our name should be Beach Bound Bikini Babes and One Buff Dude! Tee Hee! So long as your goal isn't to get into a new Speedo bikini...I don't care what kind of a guy you are....I don't like those things!

Hey Tryn, what did you do to loose the weight? Good for you, that's quite a good amount of weight!!! And it's gone....YIPPEE!!!
Glad you are along for the ride!

Angel, I know what you mean about the kids and the weight. But, I guess I wouldn't get mother of the year if I kept yelling at three and a half yr old, "YOU DID THIS TO ME!!!" Well, her...and the late night pizzas, nachos, six packs...etc.:o

Well, I went and had a MRI last week. I have been having very weird and sometimes intense sciatic pains shooting down my left leg. I found that I have a bulging disc. I went to the physical therapist yesterday for the first time. Guess what she told me...I need to loose my gut to strengthen my back. I wanted to slap her and say "DUH!?@#!!?" But, she really listened to me, and I told her about the excercise tapes I have been doing. She gave me some extra excercizes that strengthen only the lower abs. BOY, am I feeling it today!!! I coughed earlier and almost peed my pants!!! Ouch!!! Oh well, that is my area that needs the most work, and now I know exactly what to do to fix it.

Well, I have got to go watch "Barbie's The Nutcracker". Good night to all.

Boating Mommy:cool:

tryin'hard
03-27-2002, 07:48 AM
Boating Mommy--you make me laugh (but not hard enough to pee my pants!!)
Thanks for the encouragement. I've been "doing it my own way" since 1/1/01--low fat, high fiber, walking 2 miles every day. I have a very supportive dh and I've just settled into a new way of life and eating. I pretty much eat the same thing each day--kashi for breakfast, lite sandwich and fruit at lunch and a sensible dinner. I try to limit my calories to under 1400, but I do admit that on Fridays, I eat (and drink) whatever I want. I don't go overboard, but I do allow myself pizza or something. I lost a lot on WW a couple of years ago, but once I stopped going to meetings, it all came back. I also made an effort this time, to do what I need to do. For example, when I was on WW, I ate a yogurt and rice cakes for lunch--that lasted about 2 seconds. This time, I realized that I really like to have a sandwich with some protein for lunch, so I eat the lite bread and fat free cheese. It works for me and that has been the key. In the past, I was so much into doing what the "program" said I should be doing, regardless if it worked for me or not.
Well, back to work--hope you all have a great day!

EZMONEY
03-27-2002, 09:10 PM
Hey everyone- Way to go Try'n, I am kinda with you on the diet-- I think we know what we are supposed to eat from all the BOOKS and MAGAZINE articles!!! I know some of us need rules and direction, logs etc. and others can discipline themselves-- Me? can't do either worth a darn [for very long anyway]
Hey Boating can't wait to get a look at those new 6-pack abs!!! As far as me in Speedos---AIN'T EVER GONNA HAPPEN!!!! so you can feel relieved.
Did the 400 mile round trip- 7and a half hour drive round trip to watch my daughters tennis team play-- only 2 wins out of them but it was fun--and my daughter didn't even play today!!! It was great though taking her up [she was home for a few days after her semester finals] and brought her back for Easter, although she has to head back after church on Sunday and start again.
Well the wife just called me for dinner- fritatas-- goody.
Later you hard working gals!!! Gary

Wisconsin Woman
03-28-2002, 10:25 AM
Hi everyone! I'm back after a week of rest and relaxation. It was delightful, and now I'm totally destressed and ready to jump back into the game. It was so wonderful to commune with nature, get away from the trappings of civilization. But a week is more than enough, Thank you very much. There's a reason all this stuff was invented!
Ready for the Mother's Day challenge. I'm having a hard time deciding how many pounds to pledge. I guess I'll go with 12#. That should be pretty modest, since I'm just starting up again. I'll weigh in today at work.
Speaking of work, I had better get ready. Nice to be back. Will finish catching up with the past week later today.:smug:

boatingmommy
03-28-2002, 02:25 PM
Hello Everybody!! Just came in from work visits, and it is raining cats and dogs! Yuck! I look like a drowned rat. You know, I'm really not a rodent lover....maybe I look more like a drowned cockapoo...or a soggy Persian cat...or...well you guys get the picture.

Wisconsin, glad you hear you had a rejuvinating (spell?) trip. A change of scenery always does me good. But, like you, it's nice to go back to the familiar, too. I put you down for the challenge. Actually 12 pounds is extremely ambitious. Good luck! We're rooting for you!:D

Tryn, I am doing the same "program"...the NO Program. I have been just changing the foods that I eat, and excercising. I can't seem to stick to a program, and when I do, the first time I go back to eating regular food....ZAP!!! 10 pounds back on like that! So, I figure I have to make changes that once I get to goal weight I can still do. Modest breakfast and lunch, and eating the normal foods that I cook for my family at dinner time, just less of them...no second helpings for me, please. It's working, so I am going to stick with it. Hey, what's kashi?...I don't think I've ever heard of it.

EZ, you doing a big family thing with the kids for Easter? We are about ready for the bunny. My little one is semi excited. I think she is more excited about spending the day with her cousins, than getting any goodies. That's what it's all about...faith and family.

Well, I hope to hear from some of you that have apparently been busy....Hope you are all doing well. Write soon! (and you know who you are!!!)

Hugs!!!!
Boating

EZMONEY
03-28-2002, 08:43 PM
Hey Boating-- I remember those days with my kids and their cousins-- they were great!! My brand new 21yr. old son his sister and step-sister are all getting baskets of very little candy and some cologne and lotions.
My wife and I will probably be spending the day/dinner just the two of us [ after church that is ] My son and his buddies are flying to Las Vegas to celebrate turning 21 Sun. afternoon-- my daughter heads back to school in the afternoon and my step-D is in Ireland for another week. That will be o.k. though cause I will be pretty tired-- Sunday morn. I have to be at church at 4:30am to get the coffee, juice, water etc going for our pancake breakfast after 6am sunrise service--then I have to be around until everyone has eaten--we have 3 services Easter-- and clean up. Should be home around 1:00pm --BEAT-UP-- but loving every minute of it!! Hopefully we will have alot of new people who want to learn what Jesus has done for our salvation.
Wisconsin- glad you are all destressed and ready to go--What a great spring lies ahead for you. God bless you all--Gary

angel-eyes
03-29-2002, 03:59 PM
Hi Everyone. Boating.....Kashi cereal is a high fibre cereal that has different types. Good Friends, Kashi and Kashi whole grain...(I believe those are the names) I've tried 2 of them and to tell you the truth they are not that tasty. Rather tastes like eating twigs and dry leaves. A cereal that is high in fibre is "Fibre One" by General Mills, a little bright yellow box. It packs a punch with 14g fibre...so a lil'dab will do ya. I usually just add some to my regular cereal everyday....ww's pt are 0pts for 1/2 cup. Again...not the best if just eaten by itself, but really better than the Kashi ones. (IMHO)

EZ.....Enjoy your weekend and your Easter Celebration. God bless you for getting up at the crack of dawn to get the breakfast rolling. I wish I was there to partake in the meal. Happy Easter.

Wisconsinwoman....welcome back!! Everyone needs a de-stressing and some r&r.....come to think of it, a massage would do me wonders!

My In-laws are coming here for Easter and then on Monday, we drive the 5 hrs to the coast of Georgia. I hope I can last that long with 2 boys driving each other and me crazy for the trip!!! What have I got myself into?...lol Should be nice in Georgia, we'll be able to walk to the beach everyday and I have visions of reading a book under a sunumbrella. (NOT!!!) but I'll sure try.

Gennel
03-30-2002, 10:57 AM
Well last week I only had a 0.5 loss. So on last weigh in I added a little more fat to my diet and didnt exercised for two days straight. I started again with lowfat intake (no more than 20grams a day) And did my exrcises(lots of walking) and I recently added 2 Tae Bo work outs a week . Drum roll please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today's weigh in showedd 4.5 lbs loss!

I am doing the happy dance for this week for sure! I am in a very positive mood that I will see 135 lbs sometime in July !

last week's weigh in 3/23/02 175.5 Lbs
This week weigh in 3/31/02 171 Lbs !

Gen :D :D :D

boatingmommy
03-30-2002, 05:36 PM
Howdy and Happy Easter tomorrow!!! Hope all of you are in a healthy food frame of mind. Give me you weight losses for those on the Mom Day challenge.

Gennel, I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!;) :D :) Way to go with the BIG LOSS!! You are getting closer and closer to that bikini! Those excersizes work, don't they? I have noticed a difference in the way my jeans fit. Gosh, you are already half way to what you wanted to lose for the Mother's Day challenge. You go girl!

Well, I am going to keep this short and sweet. My mother is on her way over for dinner for Easter. My father passed away when I was a junior in high school, and my brother is in the Air Force and in San Antonio, so it is a very low-keyed meal for my side of the family. Just my sweetie, kiddo, mom, and me. Tomorrow is with Sweetie's side of the family and that is quite the fiasco! Should be fun, though.

My best wishes to you all and hope each of you enjoys the day of celebration!

Boating

return2tra
04-01-2002, 10:48 AM
Hi there! How is everyone today? I have returned from vacation relaxed and ready to kick it in gear. It was so nice to get away from everyone and everything for several days. I had an excellent time! I am ready for the MD challenge! I would like to lose 10...at least that is what I am shooting for! The weather is breaking so at least I will be able to get out and walk!

All of you have been doing great! Will write more soon!
Take care!

Trace

return2tra
04-01-2002, 10:55 AM
I can't belive it! I just weighed myself to get a starting point for my MD challenger...I have lost 2.5 pounds! Whew! I figured vacation would really do me in!

I am so excited!!!!!!!!:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

tryin'hard
04-02-2002, 07:48 AM
Wow! congrats to the 'losers'! You guys are doing so well! The beach isn't going to know what hit it this summer!!
Have a great day!

boatingmommy
04-02-2002, 08:56 AM
Good morning!

Way to go trace!;) You must have been very good on vacation! Glad to hear that you had a nice time...and that you didn't put the pounds on while away.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter! Our family gatherings were nice and relaxing. I did a pretty good job behaving this weekend. My only bad deed:devil: was eating some cherry cheesecake. But, I figured I deserved it. I weighed myself yesterday morning to see if any damage was done and there was no gain. I was very happy about that! I went walking early Easter morning. It was a beautiful day...sun shining, birds singing. I felt like breaking into ..."Oh what a beautiful morning...oh what a beautiful day...." but I was afraid the men with the white jackets would come get me. You must admit...or creator did a magnificent job creating such a beautiful earth!

We have a new camper ordered which is supposed to roll off the assembly line on the 8th. I can't wait for it to get here!!! My husband, friends, family....just love to spend the weekend at the lake. The weather is starting to get more cooperative and I am itching to go. I know boating won't be until at least May, but I'll make it if I can camp some soon.

Well, everyone have a good day and post soon!
Boating

Gracenote
04-02-2002, 04:41 PM
Miss you all. I'm feeling a bit discouraged... I've been faithful to my running, not super faithful to my eating, but I'm just not seeing any results. My self-esteem is really low. I could sure use some encouragement from you all!!! *sigh*

Take care,
Gracie

Gennel
04-02-2002, 08:47 PM
Grace ,
I dont even know what to tell you that can make you feel better. But just know this, first time I really decided to do this was when I checked out Bikini Bound Beach Babes. It felt like home to me. IT's ok to feel bad and down, but dont stay there too long. I have felt like you asking myself why, why cant I do this "simple" thing. But dont let it drag for 2-3 days. I had to force myself to go walking again for 60 min the next day. Eventhough I lost 0, ZERO pounds that week!!! I didnt cheat, and I exercised like a madwoman that week and I didnt lose a pound. pick yourself up and keep going . You are so much stronger than you think girl! I know you're not a quitter because you are here. That alone tells me that you are still hanging on. Tomorrow is a new day, start fresh and start with a fresh attitude. This is for #1 you.
Your motivational speech was just that, I think I must have read it at least 4 times. I know I can quit at any moment, I can go right now to my local Dunkin Donuts thats open 24 hrs, its only a mile away,or Mcd fries right now, that's nearby as well here! Just the fact that I dont get into my car right now let's me know who's really in control here ( ME, ME, ME ) not losing pounds happens,even gaining a few happens. But sticking it out for life? For you and especially health reasons? Its worth it to stick to it. I hope I'm making sense here lol . This afternoon I was about to cheat, I dont know what the **** I wanted but I wanted to eat something "bad" I opened my fridge and couldnt find anything worth it to me. I questioned why was I doing this ? Why was I wakingup early and feeling great? Why was I exercising, whenI could just be fat and not care . Well that moment lasted about a whole minute! And I almost smacked myself silly lol. I opened the fridge and grabbed my sugarfree jello and was so satisfied :) whew a whole 10 calories! lol Keep your chin up.
Gen

tryin'hard
04-03-2002, 07:51 AM
Gracie--Just think of lying on the beach with the sun warming every inch of your body. Think about how great it's going to feel being confident in your shorts and your bathing suit. Remember last summer? We want to kick those feelings far out into the ocean and enter the beach and TURN SOME HEADS!!
You can do it, you have done it, and you will do it! Remember, you are in control. Go for a walk, clean out a closet, but do something productive and be proud of yourself for it! Make it a GREAT day!

tryin'hard
04-04-2002, 11:14 AM
Just moving us back up to the top! WHere is everyone today?

boatingmommy
04-04-2002, 11:34 AM
Hey chickies (and Rooster),

Hope everyone is having a good week! I worry when the number of posts is so small...post soon!!!

Well, yesterday evening I sat down and wrote a thoughtful, and somewhat funny, very lengthy post...only to accidently loose it somewhere in the vast unknown of the internet!@#!$@ I was sooo mad that I gave up and just went to bed. So you all will have to miss out on the "words of wisdom" that I was willing to lay upon you. LUCKY YOU!!!:dizzy:

Still stuck in the diet rut...pounds not going anywhere...but I figure this is the last of the chilly weather and it can only warm up from her! That means I can get outside and really push my fat tushy to the limit with some good walking.

Gennel, how is the pedometer thing going? Still wearing it? I noticed in my Woman's Day that there is an offer for a pedometer in there with their spring walking challenge. It seemed a little pricey though. Physical therapy has only added more repetitions to the excercises they gave me and holding the positions for 10 seconds instead of five.

Grace, the jist of my lengthy message yesterday was basically that when we start to feel blue...find something to do for yourself that picks you up. A new bottle of polish in a summery color, a magazine, a good novel, a new box of hair color (that's what I have got to do soon...roots showing badly!!!:o ) just a little something just for you. Even just calling a girlfriend and meeting at the park with the kids to chat. SO LONG AS IT DOESN"T TAKE THE FORM OF FOOD! FOOD IS THE FEEL GOOD FIX THAT ONLY LASTS AS LONG AS IT TAKES TO EAT IT!!!

Well, I have got work to do, and afterwards a house to clean...a yard to mow...:( YUCK! That's the only thing bad about warmer weather...mowing!

Take care of yourselves!!
Boating

Gennel
04-04-2002, 12:40 PM
Hi Everyone,
Hi Boating! Well yes I still wear my pedometer since I walk in two different parks its good to use. I added 15 minutes to my walk so I'm walking 75 minutes now.IT takes me 16 min-18 min to walk a mile. Today at my daughters favorite park ,I heard this lady telling her friend that she walks at least 5 miles a day at the park because each lap is 1/2 a mile. I didnt say anything of course I just decided to check my pedometer and see how far was one lap well it wasnt 1/2 a mile it was 1/3 of a mile !
I dont count how many times I walk around the park I just let the pedometer do its job and count for me ! Today I did 4.4 miles at the park. It was ECTREMELY HOT TODAY!!!!!!!!! I know most of you have ny sympathy for me in Florida! :p BUt the heat can be as bad as the cold. I couldnt last walking outside in freezing weather and its the same when the sun is full blown right on top of you it seems! I drink 2-3 glasses of cold water and ice that I leave in my car. That is the only time of the day that I gulp down so much water in less than 2 min! lol The pedometer is a great idea I think. It has really pushed me to do a little more moving lately. Last week was a great big loss for me but I know this week wont be and that is ok with me. I cant expect nor do I want to be losing 4.5 lbs a week! That equals 18 lbs a month and thats crazy and totally unhealthy! So I guess my body knows best to take it easy one week after a big loss. Even if I dont have a loss I still lost inches this week! I measure once a month my: Breast,underbreast,waist,hips,thighs,arms and calves. I know my measurements when I was at goal weight a few yrs ago ,according to that I needed to lose 40 inches! So far since Feb 1st I have lost 19.5 inches so I am on my way! I dont do any exercises to specifically target a certain area. You can tone up a certain spot just by walking or low impact aerobic exercise. You will be more toned but you cant change your body's shape. I get so annoyed when I read all these advertisements promising to get you a size 25 waist! lol Or give you buns when you never had any in the first place! I'm trying (boatingmommy's) exercise to strengthen your back and help the lower tummy area. They seem to honestly work. I'm still trying to get used to the fact that Ive lost enough weight to drop 2 dress sizes in 2 months! That is harder than it seems. I took out my 13/14 and 15/16 shorts and shoved them in a garbage bag. My daughter saw one of them and remembered them exploding on me. I put them on this morning and it looked like a sac of potatoes on me. I grabbed the waist and hips and it was like 4 inches loose. I danced around the mirror and she thought I lost my mind lol. So my 11/12 's are back! Yippeeee And I rewarded myself with something else too. Something I thought were gross at one time lol, not food ! I bought thongs, yes say it thongs ladies lol . The only way my hubby can explain how proud he is , is by what he told me ! He said " I feel like I'm having an affair with another woman but its you! " I feel different and act different and he's mentioned that to me. A new me is coming out , the me thats been hidden deep inside. That totally me girl will be here by July and after that I'm totaly dedicating myself to the GYM 4-5 times a week to tone and firm the " Me thats always been there" Well I think I posted enough for 3 people ! Grace , come back. You've come a long way,dont let it end there.

Gen
2/1/02 194 lbs
3/30/02 171 lbs

Goal 125-135 lbs

Gennel
04-04-2002, 12:47 PM
I mentioned that aerobics or walking can tone up a certain area . I meant to say that aerobics or walking can make you lose inches from head to toe and firm you up too. You might not see results in 4 weeks but trust me its working . And will probably first notice it in how a certain outfit looks on you now.

Gen

EZMONEY
04-04-2002, 02:18 PM
Hi Ladies--I just got back from Las Vegas this a.m.--My wife and I went there and met up with my son and his friends (my boy's 21 B-Day) We didn't hang out with them--their hours of life are WAY different than mine--imagine that--HA!--We left on Tues., I posted but obviously it didn't go through.
We had a great time and only gambled away $30!! Of course buying drinks, dinner and lunch for my sons' group was a small fortune, but alot of fun. We spent some time in the Venetian-- what an awesome place!!
Had a great Easter service with my family although the kids left after church for- son to Vegas- daughter to school-step-D in Scotland that day I think, she will be back to USA this week-end.
Well Gennel you are doing awesome and Boating- rock solid as ever-- Gracie dear just don't give up even if there are set-backs -- There is no way every day is going to be 100% perfect-- you just have to take one day at a time-- each day is a chance to start over!! Later-you good looking Ladies-Gary

Wisconsin Woman
04-04-2002, 10:07 PM
Weight loss for Mother's Day challenge 3#! Feeling good about getting back on the wagon. I think having a little time to get in touch with myself did me some good.
I hear about everyone's woes with the warm/hot weather and I can only dream. We had such a wonderful winter, but the weather is the same in April as it was in January, and it's getting a little old. Although, Gennel, I have to admit you're right about exercising in the heat. It can be exhausting. I enjoy going out on a cold day, all bundled up, and I can shed a scarf or gloves as I generate heat. When it's hot out, there's only so much you can take off! Gracie, I hope you're feeling more up. Those @%$*! blues can be a b----. I know I was feeling pretty dumpy - and for no good reason.:( It's really hard to get enthused about doing anything to get out of it. I usually figure exercise will do it , although this last time it was just the opposite..relaxing, reading. You've done such a great job with your weight loss..look at old pictures, maybe that will remind you of how far you've come.
Boating...are we weighing in on Thursdays? I wasn't sure so I did. Can't wait to see how everyone is doing.
Busy day tomorrow, but will try to post on Saturday.

Wisconsin Woman
04-06-2002, 09:48 AM
Hey you all! Where are you? I guess that's what I like about this bunch--we're all busy with life. I got up early this morning and went hiking with the dog. It was great! It's about 35 degrees here, but very sunny and no wind. I just soaked up all that sun (through the face and hands, since that's all that was exposed). It's good for the dog to go hiking too, and he loves it. He's sort of my conscience...he doesn't let me get too lazy. If I don't have the ambition to do it for myself, I look into those big brown eyes and I know I have to do it for him. :cool: Had family time last night. It was wonderful. The children are grown now and have lives of their own, so it's harder to get everyone in one place at one time, but when we do it's great. Well, I've had my cup of coffee, so it's time to start the day. A messy house beckons me.:^:

boatingmommy
04-06-2002, 09:58 AM
Good Morning!!! Hope all are doing well. Time to weigh and post so that I can put it on the chart. So far the Chart looks like this:

3/30/02
Trace....Goal 10 pounds....
Angel....Goal 8 pounds.....
Gennel...Goal 9 pounds.....4.5 lost
TryN....Goal 6 pounds.....
Wisconsin....Goal 12 pounds....
Boating....Goal 10 pounds....2. lost

Let me know it I made any goofs.

Soooo..... let me know! Gotta go....it's so nice outside!!!:cool:
Boating

Gennel
04-07-2002, 07:59 PM
I've checked in here for like 2 days and no new posts???
What's up everybody! Well this week went well. I walked 5 miles for the first time at the park this past week! It took me 90 min. I wasnt tired just thirsty so I drank ALOT of water as soon as I got in my car! lol I went" window shopping" for clothes today. I found some great outfits. I was so tempted to buy a pair of 7/8 Capri's to save them for July. I know I should wait but I reeeeeally liked this pair! lol I just bought a lemon colored halter top, which is totally not me! But it looked too good on me to let it pass. Its a nice crochet style. Well hubby really loved it. Anyway I better get going! Kids go back to school tomorrow!

194/170/135
Gen

return2tra
04-07-2002, 08:50 PM
Hey everyone! Whew! Hope you had a good weekend. Mine went fast...I spent the entire time Spring Cleaning! This is the first time I have had a chance to sit down. Tomorrow is the city's lage pickup dayso I spent the whole weekend cleaning two bedrooms and the garage. How can two people accumulate so much junk? It feels good though, to get it out of here! I wish they would have another day next month so I can clean the basement. I thought it was time to simplify my life and get rid of all the excess...sounds like the weight thing too.

When are we weighing in? I forget...is it Thursdays? I Will weigh in the morning and let you know, Boating about where I am so far. I am so behind on everything!

I bought a pedometer last week, haven't set it up though. I will tomorrow during some free time at work. I am looking forward to walking everyday!

Gen- I know how you feel when you wanted those capris...I did the same thing last weekend. I bought a whole bunch (5 pairs) of shorts without even trying them on. I have no idea what I was thinking at that moment. I bought "larges" instead of extra larges! I was so scared to try them on after I got home I didn't have guts until today. I though there was no way I would even get them over my hips...and guess what! I could! They are a little snug across the rump...but I definitely think doable by June and the beach! I was so relieved!

Well- I should go. I have to get in bed...this time change will really through me for a loop in the morning. Take care eveyone and talk to you soon.

HANG IN THERE AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Trace

boatingmommy
04-08-2002, 09:46 AM
Good morning!!! Weekend's over!:( Back to a week of work. I am trying to get my act together and be supermotivated to get caught up on some things that I have let slide.

Trace, we are getting ready for a huge town wide yard sale at the end of the month. I have got to get upstairs and go through the junk!!! I took three bags of clothes to the clothing pantry last week. Now I have room for more SKINNIER clothes. :)
It is nice to get things straightened up. If the new camper would get here I could get the piles of bedding and junk out of my laundry room, and that would be LOTS better. Have to turn sideways to get through there. You wouldn't believe the amount of junk you can put in a camper that you think you have to have. Half of it you keep for that once a year when you use it.

Well, I am going to have to do video aerobics today. It is raining. I was mostly good this weekend. Drank a few too many Bud Lights on Saturday, but wasn't hanging in the morning, which is good cause then I want to eat everything to get over the hangover. Got in my friends hot tub (at two in the morning, with my husband and another couple). It was very dark, but at least I didn't feel so fat that I wouldn't get in. HOW RELAXING! After that my body was jelly. We went to bed when the sun was coming up! Haven't done that in years. It's fun to get together with high school friends and talk..talk...talk.

Well, everyone have a good day!
Boating
:lol:

boatingmommy
04-08-2002, 09:49 AM
I forgot...We are weighing on Saturdays!!! So weigh in and get me your losses. I will post the chart maybe tomorrow night if I hear from some more people.

Boating

Gennel
04-08-2002, 10:41 AM
Boating , I dont know if you got my PM the other day about this week's weigh in for me. I lost 1 lb this week. I cant wait to see what the scale from **** says this saturday! lol

Gen

angel-eyes
04-08-2002, 05:13 PM
Hi Everyone. I've just spent awhile getting caught up.....so many posts to read. So nice to see everyone again.

I just returned from a weeks holidays on the coast of Georgia. It was absolutely gorgeous!!! And yes, even though I used spf 45....I still got a really bad burn. Easter came and went terribly, I couldn't keep out of the bunnies but the next day, I left for the week and left those darn things behind. Even the boys, have forgotten about them, (I must toss them out or I'll be nibbling them again) I tried my best to stay on points, but at times I know I went over. Today is my first day back to journaling, and so far so good. Glad to be back!!

Wisconsin Woman
04-09-2002, 08:50 AM
Just checking in to say hello. Boating..I PM'd you my weight loss for last week (3#)..then again I've already gained one back so maybe just make it 2#. I joined weight watchers this week. We weigh in on Monday, so I'll probably be a little late on my weigh ins. I hate to depend on my scale, so I usually use the one at work, but I would prefer to depend on one scale. It's been rainy and dreary for the past few days. They say this week will be better. I hope so. :^: I can't wait to get out on my bike. I have some shopping to do today. That's always fun, but not exactly aerobic. Angel - sounds like you had a great time..a little fun in the sun. Then again, North Carolina isn't exactly the frozen tundra!

Gracenote
04-09-2002, 04:21 PM
Thanks everyone for the nice encouraging posts!! It really makes a difference... thanks to you all I'm not in a "slump" anymore, but I'm not really interested in running. I'm sick of it!!!! I don't have a tv so I can't do my workout videos... I can't really afford to go to the gym... Anyone have any advice? Does walking really do it for you all? Do you break into a sweat? How long do you walk for?

I think I'm just getting lazy. Someone please remind me how wonderful it will feel to lose weight???? And how worth it is it to work your butt off??? PLEASE??

Dh and I are still talking about visiting Cali and Disneyland (yeah!) but we don't know if we can afford it after the wedding and honeymoon. But I wouldn't mind losing 20 or so pounds by then!!

OH... Boating Mommy... I'm not sure if I should PM you or not... I want to lose 6 pounds by mother's day!!!!

Ok thats all for today! I hope this works!!

Gennel
04-09-2002, 07:51 PM
Grace,
All I do is walk, walk walk. I walked 3 miles a day. Which took me an hour ,so that means I was walking 3MPH . Which is a good steady pace to keep. I do break into a sweat.After about 20 min, When I get home is when I see how much sweat ! The back of my waist has a huge wet spot, in between my boobs ,in my back and neck too. lol
Ive gotten so comfortable walking 3 miles a day that I now walk 4.5 to 5 miles a day which is80- 90 min. I walk Sun- Fri. Walking is half the reason why Ive lost so much weight so far. And especially so many inches off! Dont go walking on an empty stomach! Ieat breakfast at 8 am and I'm walking at 9 am. IT gets your metabolism going. I added 2 workout nights of Tae Bo , I know you mentioned no TV :( . I decided to try the Advanced Tae Bo , oh what insane idiot I am! lol Well its 1 hour long! Half is aerobics (really fast!) then the last 30 min you do stomach burning and extremely difficult stomach exercises! I only do 35 min. I think the 4.5 miles I do and 30 min Tae bo is more than enough! Walking is great . I checked calories burned walking 3MPH 90 and its 505 cal, and 30min aerobics is approx 270 cal .
That's over half the calories Ieat a day! So it must work. I'll let you know how I do this week since adding more walking.

Gen

EZMONEY
04-09-2002, 10:15 PM
Hi gals-- I have been really busy trying to catch up home business after being gone most of the week in Las Vegas and at my DD college.
GRACE--- GEN is RIGHT walking is great exercise-- especially if it is the only exercise you can do. It is free [no gym fees] and not as hard on the knees and body as jogging or running-- some people are born runners, some can become good at it through practice like my son and wife--and others like me it doesn't work well for [ I have bad knees--past injuries-severed A.C.L. and torn A.C.L. as a youth--although with 60 thousand worth of surgeries my knees are great now]
My wife and I have been in 5K's to MARATHONS walking-- we can walk 26.2 miles in 5hrs.43min. that is 13 min. miles for 26 miles--- so you can BURN off calories!!! There are alot of advantages to walking when you go with a partner such as my wife and I together-- or you join a club for pleasure walking or training-- we have several in our area of California-- my wife and I have a great time many Sat. mornings going to a 3.1 mile race just after the sun comes up--sometimes with 100 people sometimes with several thousand.

EZMONEY
04-09-2002, 10:27 PM
How do you gals get to write longer messages? Mine always says too long--- Any way ladies that know will tell you walking is great exercise-- you will NOT burn off calories as fast HOWEVER you also have less chance of injury and more of a chance to input it into your daily LIFESTYLE CHANGE--try varied locations so you don't get bored-- here we can walk the neighborhood one day-the beach the next--mountain trails or an ecological reserve all within 10 miles of my home. OH and the MALL-HA! My wife gets alot of exercise there-- especially if she is DRAGGING me!!!
Well gotta do laundry from my trips-- my wife is at step-D softball practice [she is home from Europe with alot of stories]
son is sleeping on the couch with a severely sprained ankle from the high jump--do not know yet if he can compete this week-end--at least it is not his take-off foot--my daughter did very well in her tennis match this last week-end for her but the team still lost-
Well Ladies have great success at your individual programs.

YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF LOOOOSERS!!!!! Gary

boatingmommy
04-10-2002, 08:29 AM
Good morning ladies and gent! Here is the updated chart:

Boating Goal 10.....Lost 1.5
Gennel Goal 9.......Lost 5.5
TryN Goal 6.......no post
Angel Goal 8.......no post
Wisconsin Goal 12.....Lost 2
Trace Goal 10.....Lost 1

Gennel, you are the BIGGEST LOOSER!!! And I mean that with all my heart!;)

Well, it sounds like everyone has had a pretty interesting weekend and what-not. Angel, I am very jealous about your trip. I would just love to leave the state of Illinois for once. Sun burns are no fun though. I am pasty white and tend to spend the first couple of weeks a little toasted and I use 45 or 50 SPF too! I bought a floppy hat last year to wear when we are just sitting on the boat in the middle of the lake. Had to fish is out of the water a couple of times cause I forgot to take it off when we got to moving.:o

Grace, it was great to hear from you!! I agree with everyone, walking is the way to go. My back DR. has even told me so lately. If you walk with your head up, back straight, and tummy pulled in with arms bent and pumping, you effectively work your entire body. AND it is way easier on your body than running, aerobics, ....just make sure you have good shoes. I said good shoes....not expensive. I wear a pair of tennis shoes from Wally World (a.k.a. Wal Mart). I didn't want to walk in my good NIKEs and get them messed up so I found a good pair of cheepos. They do the trick and didn't cost me 60 plus dollars.

Gennel, I think you were right last week. I ate a little fat over the weekend and didn't work out as hard. Then I started up again on Monday. Jumped on the scale again this morning and saw a couple pound loss. Can't wait to see where I am at on Saturday!!!:smug: Sure would like to be past the 170s into the 160s! Maybe my bod was just stuck in a rut and needed a little change.

Well, I have got to go drag the almost 4 year old out of bed! Talk to you later!!!!

Boating

angel-eyes
04-10-2002, 08:37 AM
Hi Everyone. Just checking in, sorry my weigh in isn't until Sat am and since I was away last week; I'm not really sure where I stand yet. I was pretty cautious while away, and tried to stay within my pts. (have to admit, while at the beach and having a good time I did my pts in my head......)
Congratulations to all the Losers so far!!!And Gennel?.....YOU GO GIRL!!!

Today is another day, so for all of you.....not sure if you're on plan, just start again. Out with the old, no guilt and begin anew!!
So far, since coming back from Georgia......I'm okay, so I'll just keep what I'm doing. Have a great day!!

return2tra
04-10-2002, 11:15 AM
It is great to hear from everyone! I really love reading everyones posts. It is great to see you posting and glad to see everyone is in better spirits! Keep up the great work everyone!

The weather is beautiful here today...it has finally stopped raining! I can't wait to get out and walk tonight! Shooting for three miles with my new pedometer!

Take care! Trace

Gennel
04-11-2002, 03:51 PM
Well I may have hit that "starvation mode" Plateu or whatever you call it. A friend has also been going throughthe same thing and she does WW plan. Well I think she hasnt lost a pound in over a month and she's been very faithful! Anyway I mentioned that she shouldhave " Bad FOOD" for one meal or one day. Then go low the next. Well I was afraid myself to eat something fattening . Well she tried it " One day high cal the other low,high low etc.... Well she lost 3.5 lbs in a week! The week before she lost 1.8 lbs! So guys there is something about this that works. I have the page With Wendis Plan saved in favorite places. Its basically going high on points one day and low points the next. I weigh in on Saturday if I see the scale at the same weight ,I am going to try the Wendis Plan Starting Sunday! On the days that you have high cal , do your exercises that day,maybe a little more if youcan. On low cal days exercise very little. I am going to give this a shot. Iwill let you know how it works.

Gen
194/moody scale says 169 or 170! ugh! I guess I will stick with 170 for now! lol

Wisconsin Woman
04-11-2002, 06:13 PM
Hi all. Gennel - let me know how your 'Wendi's plan' works out. I've just gotten back on the wagon so I don't have any plateau worries yet, but I know they are inevitable and it always seems like it happens when I am doing my best. Myabe this explains some of that. Your weight loss is awsome, so you're obviously on the right track. Boating - you have me all excited about boating th is year. We really haven't used our boat much in the past 3 years....too busy, conflicting schedules, and so on. We used to enjoy it so much, I think we just have to make time. :cool: I think I'm less eager to go out because I gained quite a bit of weight and am not too excited about putting on a swim suit. WELL I'M GONNA FIX THAT!! Do you want us to PM you with out weekly weight loss or just add it to our posts? The weather was beautiful the past couple days. I working in the garden for 2 hours yesterday and planted a tree today. It's so great to get outside and enjoy it!..and I have lots of garden work to do. I have several very large flower gardens. Every year I tell myself I have to cut back, but I never do. I have to thin Iris's and lillies this spring, and I can't bear to throw tubers and bulbs out, so my gardens will probably grow again...One of these years I'll learn:?:

boatingmommy
04-11-2002, 10:39 PM
Hello!
Wisconsin, I wish I lived near you...I would take some of your bulbs and tubers! I love to plant flowers and piddle in the garden. I have limited space, but I continue to find places to add more flowers. I planted a hummingbird garden last year, and boy was it fun to watch them! We had baby hummingbirds a couple of years ago. I was outside and thought they were bumble bees buzzing around my head...nope! Really neat to see. I am so glad to hear you talking so positively! You really can do it,,,believe in yourself! I do!:D Oh, and I don't care if you pm me or just put it in your post. I read them every day so do whatever you want.

You know, since April got here we are all a little more positive! Thats a good thing...cause the BLUES s-ck!!!

Well, I have got to go put the princess to bed. Hugs and kisses to everyone!!! Have a GREAT day tomorrow!

Boating

tryin'hard
04-12-2002, 10:24 AM
Boating mommy--forgot to tell you I lost 1 pound. I am not getting back on the scale for at least two weeks. I decided it was making me crazy! For the next while, I am going to get on once a month.
Well, I'm off on vacation for the next week. I hope everyone has a great week and I"ll check in next Friday!

angel-eyes
04-12-2002, 04:18 PM
Hi Ladies. Not sure how much I will be posting here either. Lately it seems, I've been lurking and content with reading everyone's success but when it comes from my own...??? I hopefully will be reassured when I weigh in tommorow, last week I was away and now I'm both dyeing to know but also frightened to find out if I['ve gained or not. I've been watching my points, but not so diligent as when I first started. I have to get revved up and get going like gang busters again. Combined with these feelings of frustration I've been trying to cope with some very personal family issues surrounding a brother of mine. Each day, I try to start anew but always get bogged down due to boredom, guilty feelings, frustrations......sounds like an emotional eater to me. So I'm just going to take it one day at a time and see what happens. Hopefully all will be resolved in time. Thanks for being so understanding and just for being there for me!!

EZMONEY
04-13-2002, 01:29 PM
Hi Ladies-- just waiting for my son to get ready for his track meet today--his ankle was pretty bad last week but today it seems to be o.k.--we shall see. My ex wife and daughters boyfriend went to watch her tennis match today while I support the boy--the wife will take in my step-D softball game at the same time-- from the track meet to the tennis match is a 200 mile distance--can't be at everything. Went up north to watch my DD match yesterday though--it was a lotta fun--only one more this year for her then she can rest a weary arm---going strong since last SEPT. in tennis.
I have not been posting much although I did type a long one yesterday that did not go through--I really mess up sometimes!! with this contraption. Well the boy is ready-- check in later--Have a great week-end you LOOOOOSERS!! Gary

Gennel
04-13-2002, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone, (before you read it all I lost one more lb)
I have been doing good until like 2 weeks.0-1 lb loss. This week looked like it would be another week with 0 loss. I weighed myself early wednesday instead of waiting for saturday. Usually by then I can see if I have lost anything. Well it was 0 . So I decided to try the ( Wendis Plan) eat high cal one day and exercise a bit more, then eat low cal the next and exercise little that day. From Wed till today I lost another pound!
I am so looking forward to doing this an entire week to see the results. The scale was 168lb then 169 lb So I am happy for sure that its at elast 169! It feels great to break through the 10 lbs!
I officially reached my first big 25 lb loss today !
So Boatingmommy put me down for another 1 lb loss!
I tried the BK Chicken Whopper and its yummy :) I ordered with no mayo and just added my Just2good mayo at home, and a bag of Lays Baked chips only 1.5fat. I deffinately dont feel deprived being able to eat high one day like 1,600 calories and then low 1,200 the next.

Gen :)
Start weight: 194 lbs
Current weight: 169 lbs
Goal weight: 125-135
:dizzy:

Wisconsin Woman
04-13-2002, 05:21 PM
I weighed in at work - 3# loss. Not sure how accurate this is, since it's a different scale, but I will verify on Monday. Am in a real hurry today, so I won't say much. Will try to check in later.

Gennel
04-15-2002, 07:53 PM
I guess I got tired of seeing No new messages that I decided to post ! :) How was everyone's weekend? My weekend was ok, I had low cal yesterday and today was my high cal and lots of EXERCISE! Still have to do Tae Bo tonight :s:
Yesterday I have to admit that by 8 PM I was totally dead tired.
I just realized something that I didnt notice before! When I first started eating healthy I did alot of research on metabolism. How to know if you have a fast or slow metabolism etc.. The first question on the top was this" Do you often find that your hands and feet are cold???" Well this is something Ive always suffered with! I had to put socks on when I went to bed because my feet were as cold as two popsicles and my hands as well were cold. This is summer people! Well the reason this happens is because your metabolism heats your body up, when your metabolism is slow it cant reach your toes and hands which are your furthest extremeties. I dont know how I remembered this from Feb! But guys this past week I noticed something! I got into bed with hubby :D and he commented how warm my feet were! lol I hadnt realized that for the past month or more I havent been wearing socks to bed. I guess all this exercise got my furnace(metabolism) working again! Hope to see more posts soon!
Gen
194/169/125-135 soon!

boatingmommy
04-15-2002, 09:22 PM
Hello!!! Well Summer came to the St. Louis area today. It was 88 degrees today on the bank clock in town. And it was MUGGY! That is the one thing I don't like about Summer.

Had a good and bad weekend. The almost 4 year old came down with some weird virus that's going around that mimicks strep throat. Her throat was all full of puss bags and she cried and ran a fever and wouldn't eat. It was a very long Fri and Sat. But Sunday her fever broke and she ate everything she could get her hands on.

Sweetie pie and I got to go to the Cardinal Baseball game yesterday. Perfect weather...only thing that could have made it more perfect was if the Cards had won! They lost 5 to 4 to the Astros.:mad: We still had a good time. Had to have some stadium nachos though. Made up for it today though with double excercise and watching intake.

Well, here is the chart so far for the Mother's Day challenge....

Gennel.....goal 9 pounds....6.5 lost
Boating....goal 10 pounds..3 lost
Wisconsin...goal 12 pounds...5 lost
Trace...goal 10 pounds.... 1 lost
TryNHard....goal 6.....1 lost
I know the work is hard and very trying....but keep at it!!!;)

If there is a mistake PM me to let me know.
Well...gotta get a shower...excercise brings out the beautiful natural fragrance in me....NOT!!!!

Boating:cool:

EZMONEY
04-15-2002, 11:02 PM
Hi you guys- Gennel how is that Tae Bo working for you? I see the commercials but am always skeptical of t.v. things-- they always look so real. Boating, can't wait for my DODGERS to whip up on those stinkin' Cardinals--they and o' Jack Clark -who is now the Dodgers hitting instructor--cost us a World Series shot years ago!! Glad you got to go to the game-- I have been in St. Louis a few times in the summer --muggy-- is a nice way of saying it!!!
My son had a pretty good day at the track meet-- he had his personal best in the high jump. His ankle was sore but he had the trainer tape it up real good. My DD didn't get to play in the tennis match on Sat. so she was a little bummed ((( thank goodness-boyfriend was there to comfort!!))) Step-D had 3 errors and the team got beat 11-0 , so the girls were not too happy. My daughter got the acceptance letter to a Christian college closer to home for next year--she may take it, we shall see.
Worked out pretty hard on the elliptical trainer today, am feeling it now in the legs-- took a few days off last week--no good reason--just lazy--will try to work hard and inspire you all this week-- Gotta run- take care of yourselves--Gary

Turtle025
04-16-2002, 01:51 AM
Hi! I just joined this site recently and I'm already in love. I was looking through the lists of topic and realized that this one is PERFECT for me! Reason being, I'm going to Hawaii with a friend on June 20th and I would really love to feel semi-comfortable in a swimsuit on the beach. I'm 5'8 right now and at about 180lbs. I'm currently on the Induction phase of Atkins and trying hard to stick to it. Other than that, I've been walking a mile a few times a week and drinking so much water I expect to turn into a fish any day now! I've been really inspired by all of your successes and I want to say congrats to everyone! Also, I wanted to ask, when do you guys think is a good time to weigh myself? Every other day? Weekly? Biweekly? I've been doing it daily just out of curiosity (even though I know it's a bad idea!) and it's way discouraging because I want results NOW! But it didn't take a week for me to gain this weight, so it's not gonna take a week to burn it off. Sigh, if wishes were horses... Oh, and one more thing, is it too late to join the Mother's Day Challenge?
Thanx everyone, just for being inspirations
-Turtle

Wisconsin Woman
04-16-2002, 08:38 AM
Hi all. It's Tuesday morning and the weatherman says it going to be 88 degrees today! In Wisconsin!!! It was a fantastic day yeaterday. Spent more time in the garden, loving it. It's hard to keep in mind that summer isn't really here, and it's too early to start planting. I have a tendency to jump the gun a little when we get a few unseasonably warm spring days, and then things don't sprout real well when we get back to the 50's. DH took the boat up to the dealers yesterday :( We have two, and we really haven't used the big one very much these past few years. I know it's the wise thing to do, but part of me hates to let it go. We spent do many days and nights on that boat. I think the kids almost grew up on it, and now......Years ago, when the kids were first born my DH sold his corvette so we could get a Suburban. Now I know how he feels. But life goes on, and we can't hang on to the past. (Besides, maybe no one will buy it and we'll have to hang on to it :p
Turtle..WELCOME..We're glad to have you with us. I don't think it's too late to join the Mother's Day challenge. Just decide how much you'd like to lose by Mother's Day and let Boating know either by PM or in a post here. We weigh in on Saturday. As far as how often you should weigh yourself, once a week is the wise answer. I have a hard time passing a scale without weighing myself when I'm dieting, but that can be self defeating. There are so many ups and downs depending on the time of day, how much water you're holding etc. Even if you weigh yourself more often you should pick a weigh in day & time using the same scale and dressing in a similar manner, and write that weight down weekly. That will give you a better idea of how you're really doing. Not fool proof because there's alway TOM, but it's reasonable.
Well, gotta go. I have to work today at noon:( It's way too nice to work...but at least I can play outside till then.

boatingmommy
04-16-2002, 08:53 AM
Good Morning everyone!!!! And welcome Turtle! Always good to talk to someone new. Our group has gone from large to small to medium....those of you reading....POST!!!! You can certainly join the MD Challenge. Just let me know how much you are going to try to lose by then. Regarding the weighing in thing. Most people should just weigh in once a week. That way you don't get discouraged...and the progress is hopefully more visible. Call me a nut...but I get on the scale every day. It is a matter of habit. And I don't seem to take the daily ups and downs to heart...but I think it depends upon what kind of person you are.

Gary, have you and your wife always been sports oriented? I really want Brooke, almost 4, to take a more active role in sports when she gets to school. Sweetie pie and I didn't play much in the way of sports and I think that had lead us to a more sedentiary life style which we are now trying hard to break. My parents really never encouraged us to play sports. But, I also don't want almost 4 to be a competitive nut who only lives for the game....what's your thoughts? Did you start them out little...or wait until they could make their minds up what they wanted to play?

Wisconsin, forgot to tell you WAY TO GO!!! You must really have gotten on the ball! Feels good, doesn't it, to see that scale move? :D You are heading in the right direction...don't let yourself, or anyone else, sabotage you. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Gennel, speaking about turning up the furnace...
:o :o Socks aren't the only thing I haven't been wearing to bed! Oops, did I say that out loud??? Well, let's just say that I have been feeling good about myself in other ways, too! And my husbands compliments are really helping inspire me to keep going. It doesn't hurt when my friend's husband told me the other day that I was looking good and to keep up the good work!:) I'll take any compliment I can get!

Well, kiddos...gotta get to work! Hope you all have a great day!

Gennel
04-16-2002, 09:34 AM
Hey Boating!
I haved to admit that I totally relate to the bed thing ! lol We are all grown adults in here eh ? lol It's true about looking better and feeling sexier too . I'm not wearing XXLG t-shirts to bed anymore! So far Ive gone nuts buying thongs lol,lace ones, leopard prints,satin ones lol well you get the idea.
Going froma 38/40 D down to a 36 C is a great feeling! Hubby is commenting that I am a whole new person full of energy now! That really keeps me going,him noticing my rear firming up really encourages me too. :D

Gary! about the Tae Bo thing, I guess it depends on what type of aerobic workout you like? I have all the tapes, I started the beginners tape yrs ago and stopped. The beginners tape was hard on me but Istuck with it. Now it's too easy and I'm doing advanced I can last through the whole aerobic workout,then it goes to abs,butt and thighs. I must say those are the HARDEST ab exercises Ive ever tried! I cant do the whole ab workout so I wait until it goes back to aerobic part and I finish it. This workout is over 1 hr long! So I do about 45 min of it. If you have back problems than I dont suggest it . Ive really gotten into some of the kicking exercises and it works! I started doing Tae Bo 2 times a week now I do 3-4 times a week plus my tons of walking 6days a week.
I wanted to say hi to the newbie who just joined us! Welcome :) I knew this was the right place for me when I read some of the messages because I could relate with everything !
I suggest you weigh yourself once a week. Weighing yourself every day can get frustrating. If youdrink a large glass of water 16 oz,and weigh yourself welll....duh it will say you gained 1 lb. And of course you probably forgot that you just drank all that water or finished eating :) I have been tempted and got on the scale earlier , just to see what I should expect on weigh in day. Well it was depressing when it was 0 loss so I knew that Iwasnt going to lose anything that week. That sort of wants to not workout sometimes! So I had to ask my hubby to HIDE the scale from me until Saturday! lol So I dont have a clue where the scale is now lol and I wont weigh myself in any other scale except that one. Ifyou go and weigh yourself in two or three different scales you are probably goingto get 3 different weights. I bought my scale when I started eating right. If my scale is off or not I dont know. Ijust know I bought a new scale and will keep using this one!! But I can tell you this. When I started I was 194 lbs! Imshort at 5'3" . Iknew that if I lost 3 lbs it would show upin this scale regardless . Started Feb1 andsince last weigh in have lost 25 lbs so now weighing 169. I can breathe so much better, I am So MUCH faster now when I go walking! I just feel lighter so I dont have to push myself so hard to move fast. You can still enter the Mothers Day challenge. We still have about 26 days left. So figure out more or less what you might want tolose in 3 1/2 weeks. We set small realistic goals . Iknow I wanted to put 20 lbs! lol I find that when I set small goals 6-10 lbs it's easier for me. I hate to think of 35 more lbs to go , it just makes it seem too far away. You will be looking good in June! As for me , this is for me but also for my family and my extremely supportive hunk at home! I will post pics of us soon ! He's gotten sooooooooo
fine I findmyself with butterflies in my stomach when I see him walking towards me lol. Hey and this July we'll be having our 12th Wedding anniversary! Well let me stop babbling ! I have to go for my walk NOW!
Have a great day everyone :)
Gen

return2tra
04-16-2002, 03:04 PM
Hi there everyone! I feel like I have been caught up in a whirlwind! So much going on here I don't know where to begin!

First off...I guess I am happy to report a gain...I know that sounds a little of task...but I just found out that I am PREGNANT! So much for the swimsuit this summer! I am really excited though...it is my first and we have been trying for such a long time! I am really happy! However I am a little scared, too!

I will probably keep posting from time to time! I guess I won't be losing too much in the next 7 months! EEK Oh well! Will talk to you later!

Gennel
04-16-2002, 04:03 PM
A big congrats to you on your little gain !!! Sigh....thefirst baby ? Dont be scared ,it's beautiful. Enjoy , I really mean that . They grow up sooooooooo fast. My baby is 5 yrs old. She's still a baby but I cant carry her anymore and cradle her! lol

Congrats!
Gen

boatingmommy
04-16-2002, 07:46 PM
Trace, that is WONDERFUL news!!! Congratulations to you and your hubby!!! My baby turns 4 next week. Gennel is right, it goes so fast....so enjoy!!! Stop in and give us some scoop about how you are doing now and then.

Lots of Hugs to you!!!
Boating

angel-eyes
04-16-2002, 11:10 PM
Hi Trace. Congratulations.......having a baby is both a miracle of life itself and one of the most enriching experiences you could have. All the best for you and your "daddy to be". My wishes for you would be to enjoy every last minute of it!!! Don't miss out on anything, read all the books, listen to all the moms, try all the clothes on, take the vitamins, buy the stretch mark creme.....but most of all......enjoy and relax....you will be a great mom!!

EZMONEY
04-16-2002, 11:44 PM
Hi all you LOOOOsers!!!
Just sat down for a few to check in ---sooo many posts, how cool. Had a busy day then did another 4 miles on the elliptical trainer--says I lost 400 calories but I don't think these things are accurate. Still got a good work-out. Overate to celebrate-ouch!
GEN- well you talked me right out of Tae Bo! Sounds hard!Keep those butterflies--it's the bestest feeling isn't it? RETURN2TRA- congrats!! Spend as much time as you can with your baby whenever he/she arrives--it's one thing you never can give to much of. Welcome TURTLE. WISCONSIN- wouldn't it be nice to hang on to the past knowing what we know now? All will work out for the best with the boat. BOATING--My son never played with trucks, cars,etc-- when he was 3 he told me "daddy, ESPN is my favorite show" he has always loved sports on his own. He is in 3rd year of college now working towards a degree in teaching--wants to be the typical History-Government/economics teacher--COACH. He is 3 years out of high school and already the Varsity coaches have had him come back as an assistant in track, cross-country and basketball--Paid positions.

EZMONEY
04-16-2002, 11:54 PM
How do you guys get more space?
Any way Boating what I am trying to say I didn't force my kids to do sports but I did encourage them to stay active. It was always my sons choice to play baseball, soccer, basketball etc when he was younger-- I only told him if he started he had to finish the season-- never a problem cause he loved it-- school work was never a problem-- he did not play on Sundays either like they do now-- he also had time in between seasons-- but if he wasn't playing something he was BORED!!! Now my daughter loved to go watch her older brother but had no interest in playing, other than with us in the back yard which we did daily-- she was active however in girl scouts and had dance classes 2 nights a week for exercise. Then when she was in 6 grade my son wanted to try tennis which was opening up a new program for youths at the park--he was BORED! it was between basketball and high school cross-country-- anyway when we went to pick him up after the first practice she told me she'd like to try it and I said o.k.--then she changed her mind, I think she was intimidated because she had never played a sport before.

EZMONEY
04-17-2002, 12:04 AM
Well I told her she had to take 1 lesson for me-- I could tell she really wanted to-- and after that she could quit---well that was almost 8 years --4years of Varsity tennis in high-school-1year of college tennis--ago and I don't believe she has gone more than 2 days in a row without playing since!! She LOVES the sport-- and you know what? she is good but she is not a great player, she just gives it all she has because she enjoys it so much--OH, by the way, did I mention her ~~BOYFRIEND~~ plays--HA! Now he is very good-- a full ride through college with it. My advice to you and your husband would be to try different things and Brooke will tell you what she is interested in-- encourageing and nudgeing is not the same as PUSHING!!! If she leans more towards quiet entertainment then you need to look at other types of exercise, after school programs, swimming, rec. sport programs, etc.
Well are you all BORED of me yet-- I am out!!! See ya all later--Gary

Wisconsin Woman
04-17-2002, 12:37 PM
Hi. In for lunch so I thought I would take a quick check on recent postings. I have some field lillies I have to dig up and replant. They were getting a bit tight. It's another fantastic day. A bit windy, but warm and wonderful. Sunny.
TRACE..Congrats! How wonderful and exciting. Pregnancy can be a wonderful time. I was always my healthiest when I was pregnant because I made it a point to eat right. (I maybe won't always do it for me, but I'd do anything for those babes) Cherish these days. Gotta go.

Gennel
04-18-2002, 11:13 AM
How did I convince you to not try tae Bo! lol You seem to be a very active person, if you can walk many miles with the wife, do 1 hr of tha machine at home than tae bo will probably something for you! Do you need to lose some weight or are you just staying fit? I was pretty bad before, no exercise at all! Slept at least 10 hours! Was dragging most of the day. And go outdoors? not me! lol And my first walks were painful and slow! Everyone flew by me walking . This week I can tell others have noticed my progress. yesterday a pair of walkers were behind me when I hear the girl tell her friend" You see ,you need to keep a pace like her to burn most calories" I looked around and the girl said" yes I'm talking about you girl! " There is another couple in the their late 40's I guess who walk every day. Well the husband always told me good morning but his wife never even looked at me. Today she passed by me and said " Looking good girl ! and stopped to ask me how the heck I am doing it! She's been walking 3 months there and I started a little over 2 months ago.
Itold her so far as of my last weigh in I lost 25 lbs. She told me she can tell deffinately. She walks with weights around her ankles and 1lb tinydumbell weights in hands. I have a question maybe someonecan help answer. I know that the more you weigh the more you burn . For example if I walk 1 hr and I weigh 130 lbs I wont burn as much as Im burning now . But how much difference can 2 lb ankle weights really do?
Gen (anxiously waiting again for weighin saturday!):cool:

Turtle025
04-18-2002, 11:19 AM
Sorry it's taken me so long to write again, everything has been busy, busy, busy! Than you to everyone for the advice and warm welcomes! Boatingmommy, I've decided to make my Mother's Day Challenge Goal 5 pounds. This is turning out to be a lot harder than I thought! Atkins seems like it's supposed to work pretty quick, but I've been following Induction and I'm still at the exact same weight I was at a week ago! (180) The darn scale will NOT move! I've gotten a little better at weighing myself everyday, I'm doing it about every other day now, but that's still leading to frustration. It seems like everytime I walk by the scale though, it calls my name.... I've been walking every day, drinking lots of water, and eating the way I should but it seems like I'm still just not making any progress! I think maybe my expectations are too high. What's a normal rate for weight loss?
Feeling frustrated,
-Turtle
P.S. Congrats on the baby Trace!!!!

angel-eyes
04-18-2002, 11:28 AM
Hi Gennel. It sure sounds like you are getting the results you want.....YOU GO GIRL!!! As to the ankkle weights, I'm no fitness expert but I believe if you add the ankle weights, in fact you are building the resistance to help tone your muscles. 2lbs may not seem like alot, but I would start at the 1 lb mark. You will notice your legs will fatique alot quicker and might actually end up straining something. Adding the weights, will also speed up your metabolism. Do you play a tape while you walk? I find that if I pop in some groovy...(haha, now there's a word you don't hear everyday...lol) some fast paced, high energy music; that I actually walk to the beat and it also passes the time faster. Just a thought.....Enjoy the day everyone!!

boatingmommy
04-18-2002, 08:08 PM
Howdy gals. Haven't got much time to talk tonight. I want to get outside because we are supposed to have a huge temperature drop and rain for like the next four days!:(

About ankle weights....when I was in high school I struggled with my weight, mostly because of pizza, burgers, the stuff teens like to pig out on. Still, I was only about a size 7...sometimes 9. I worked out with a couple of my guy friends with weights, and then I started wearing ankle weights while walking. BAD IDEA!!! Unless you are walking on a track with some cushion, like at a high school or a tread mill, it is very likely to give you shin splints. I got them that way and boy were they painful. I also read an article on it not too long ago, and if I can remember where I will tell you, stating that it was a bad idea for the reason that it makes you lift more weight but adds to the impact of your feet hitting the surface. So, maybe it you do it, do it with only the 1 lb. weights.

Well, gotta go!

Boating

Gennel
04-18-2002, 08:57 PM
After reading article after article on ankle weights. All said the same thing" its a bad idea" especially walking on the sidewalks or roads. Iwould go nuts if I hurt my ankle ,shins or feet and wouldnt be able to go out for my walk! No way . I think I might try what Ive been doing "add a tiny bit more of speed to my pace"
That was something I read to do in the article on ankle weights.
Well
ttfn,
Gen

EZMONEY
04-19-2002, 12:36 AM
Hi Ladies-- GENNEL-- congrats on the compliments , it is so cool for you the ones around you that don't know you are taking notice-- Stay away from the weight while walking!! Read up on it-- it can cause many injuries-- as far as Tae Bo, I was only half kidding-- it sounds like a very good work-out-- as far as walking miles and miles, I do -- and the half to hour on the cross trainer I can do that too-- but not all in the same day and with the distance walking, only if I am in training for it, otherwise 3 miles at a 15 minute pace is pretty norm for me. Angel eyes has a good idea with the tapes-- as long as you are in a safe area and don't need to listen for cars, etc. My wife uses speed tapes that keep her walking at certain speeds-- all done by the beat of the songs on the tape-- she weighs 126 and comes home a pint low on water!! after a walk.
Off to see my son's softball game in the mens league. Have a great day/night--Gary

Gennel
04-19-2002, 03:45 PM
I dont remember asking this before, probably did! lol Since losing 1lb for 2 weeks in a row I decided to do the Wendis Plan. One day eat high cal the next low cal. Tomorrow will be a full week so I will tell you guys what results IVe had. Im wondering for how long do you stay in the Wendis Plan? I know its used often when you hit a plateau. Just wondering if we keep doing this and for how long? I love it this way but Im sure after a few weeks my body (metabolism) wont be fooled lol and probably slow down again. Please lord let me finish losing another 30 lbs at least! lol

ttyl,
Gen

Gennel
04-20-2002, 09:37 AM
Well after doing a full week on the Wendis Plan I'm very happy to report a 3 lb loss this week. Yes a whole THREE POUNDS!!!
I cant believe that 3 days this week I actually ate much more,like Burger King Chicken Whopper(minus mayo) ,spaghetti (a good size portion too!) Chicken (thigh&leg) something I havent eaten in many weeks! Mashed potato.... And I didnt walk 90 min each and every day like I had started to . On my low calorie days I walked 45 min-60 the max. And I did no Tae Bo or any other aerobic workout. On my high calorie days I walked 90 min which is usually 6 miles. And did Tae bo on that night. So for those who've been waiting for my Wendis Plan results , I would have to say it works ! It feels like you get a break from strict dieting.

Today we're invited to a BBQ but shouldnt worry! My brother invited us over and he was nice enough to ask me what sort of foods he should have,since he knows how serious I am about doing this. :)

Have a great weekend everyone!
Gen
Start weight 194 Lbs
Current 166 Lbs !!
Goal 135-125
:wave:

Gennel
04-20-2002, 10:46 AM
I know most are doing the mothers day challenge. Istarted a thread so the folks that go to chat at night in the entry room have a place to post. I had a 4 week challenge that ended today.
So I wanted to get the other ladies to join me . Boating we still have like 3 more weeks of the Mothers Day challenge right?

My thread is under support and its called Support,Support 4week challenge , join us ...

ttyl!
GEn

Turtle025
04-20-2002, 10:56 AM
Hey everyone. I think I'm going to hide my scale because I've been weighing myself everyday again and it's making me depressed. I haven't excercised the past two days, no motivation I guess and then yesterday I just spazzed and ate like every carbohydrate in sight. Alllllll day. The good news, is that I expected to gain like 5 lbs from that but when I weighed myself this morning the scale still hadn't moved. So I'm still at 180, and that's one instance where I'm glad I am, but it's not going down either! Gennel suggested a while ago that I measure myself and I'd kind of been avoiding it because well, sometimes the truth hurts, but I'm finally going to do it today. And since weighing myself has continually just been a disturbance rather than an inspiration, I'm going to try really really REALLY hard not to weigh myself again until next Saturday. Hopefully I'll have lost SOMETHING by the end of the week. At this rate, there's no way I'm donning a swimsuit in Hawaii. God, this is depressing. I've definitely got a weight fixation going on here. I need to just think about something else.......blah

Wisconsin Woman
04-21-2002, 08:08 PM
2# loss for weigh in. :p this week. It's getting harder all the time though. I didn't do so great with the eating, but the warm weather kept me active. Now it's snowing and cold again :mad: so it's hard to get enthusiatic about much. Oh well, I don know, in my heart, that spring is here. That white covering up the green doesn't mean anything....right? :^:
Turtle - keep your chin up. And stay off that #*@% scale. Do you feel any better? If you're on Atkins are you sure you aren't taking in more carbs than you think. They're sneaky little things, and induction is very limited. I tried Atkins but just couldn't no carb that long. Good luck.

Turtle025
04-21-2002, 10:32 PM
Hey everyone. These past 3 or 4 days have just been HORRID. I just hit a really rough patch where I was upset about some stuff in my life and stopped excercising at all and just ate whatever I wanted. And whatever I didn't want. Basically, whatever came anywhere near my line of vision. Soooo, I'm pretty sure I've gained back the 5 Atkins lbs that I worked so hard to lose. Lovely. But I am trying, trying, trying, to get back on track and not just call it quits for months like I have so many times before. I wish knew that I'd stayed on track these past couple days, but I'm through feeling sorry for myself and I've decided that yeh, I made a mistake, I backtracked, but mistakes can be corrected and the 5 lbs can be relost. So I'm going to get up and go jogging in the AM before school tomorrow. Gotta get myself back in the habit of getting excercise! Also, I joined Gennel's 4 Week Challenge and I think that's really helped because the offical weigh in day is Saturday and that kind of makes me feel like I really can't weigh in until Saturday because that's the offical day and that's when everyone else is doing it so I need to just wait. Sooo, basically over these last few days I have completely undone all of my work from the past week and a half and THAT SUCKS! Dontcha just hate how it's so hard to lose and so easy to gain???? Yeesh! But I'm moving on now. And thanks for the encouragement Wisconsin. It always helps just to now somebody cares. :) and congrats on this weeks weight loss!
Trying my best to stay on track,
(*chanting in head* Have patience...Have patience....)
-Turtle

Gennel
04-22-2002, 08:49 AM
Turtle!
I just read your post and I can understand frustration! But let me tell you that you really should be proud of yourself for one thing! You admitted that you fell,but you're not sitting there totally helpless. You are already standing and ready to keep going. That attitude is all you need to succeed! Atkins can be good for a lot of people but it didnt work for me. I tried and lasted a week. I miss carbs too much! And that's exactly what I did after a week , binge on carbs! Cake,cookies,chips,pizza. Well you name it and I ate . I gained the few pounds overnight it seemed! Take a look at what your favorite foods are and find a plan where you can prepare similiar meals that are low in fat and your favorite as well. I'm not a cold cereal eating person , I like eggs,toast,ham with my cup of coffee! Well I traded that for eggbeaters, 96%fatfree Oscar Mayer ham only 20 cal per slice, light whole grain bread,my coffee with skim milk and splenda. I can live with that. I dont eat beef, I use lean ground turkey,chicken and fish. I tried the BK Chicken Whopper and its pretty darn good, I had it without mayo and put my own Just2Good (hellmann's mayo) no fries! I heard someone mention that they tried the Veggie Burger at Burger King but that they can deffinately taste the difference :( I eat Boca Burgers, they are the closest thing to burgers! I had a Veggie burger at MCD many years ago and I cound not eat it ! You can see like tiny peas,carrots all mashed up in there. That's why I never tried another veggie burger again lol. Until I got brave and tried BOCA
All American Classsic, or Original Vegan Boca burgers.
Well I better go! Today is my high calorie day and I have to do A LOT of walking today! Still on Wendis Plan. WW says to keep on it as long as I see results... Let's see what my scale says this saturday.
bye!
Gen
194/166/ 135 ?

boatingmommy
04-23-2002, 07:59 AM
Hello evereebodeeee!!!

Sorry it's been a couple of days. Got kinda busy over the weekend cause we picked up our new camper!!! I am soooo happy and can't wait to go. Now, if the weather would just cooperate. Unfortunatly the forecast doesn't look too hot for this weekend coming up. Well, we'll see...things could change between now and then.

Well, I am STUCK!!! I have not lost a pound in 3 weeks. I am stuck at 170. So, on Sunday I started adding another 15 minutes to the workout I have been doing. We'll see what that does. I can't believe I haven't lost at least something. I have really been watching the calorie and fat intake and I have been excercising 5 out of 7 days....so I need to step it up somewhere, but not sure what to do. I'd love to do what Gennel is doing. But I seriously don't have that much time in a day to excercise unless I did it in my sleep. Well, keep your fingers crossed for me.:^:

Well, here's the mother's day challenge chart....Congratulations to you BIG Losers!

Gennel...Goal 9 lbs....lost 9.5
Wisconsin....Goal 12 lbs....lost 7
Trace...lost 1 lbs...gained a new baby
TryN...Goal 6 lbs...lost 1
Boating...Goal 10 lbs....lost 3

Wisconsin, I thought you were a little nuts going for 12 pounds...but look at you...7 pounds gone!!!! Way to go!!!

Gennel, you are truly an inspiration!

Well, I have to get dressed for work. Everyone treat yourself right today!
Boating

tryin'hard
04-23-2002, 10:17 AM
Hi every body! I hope you're having a great day! Sorry I forgot to post my loss--two more pounds lost forever! My goal is in sight!
Don't have much time to post, but keep it up, every one!!

boatingmommy
04-24-2002, 09:08 AM
Good morning to you all!!!

I am in an excellent mood. I have added 15 minutes a day to my workout for the past three days. This morning I jumped on the scale out of curiosity and it said....168.5 Yeah!!! I am not stuck on 170 any more!:D Guess the old bod needed a little nudge!

I have been doing Minna's Fat Burner video. (Only because I swallowed two bugs trying to walk last week, YUCK!) (How many callories were in that bug?....maybe this weight loss thing is tooo much on my mind!) Anyways, back to the video....OMG!!! My legs felt like spaghetti when I got done. It really works you over. But, I think it is targeting the spots I need to reduce. Has anyone tried any tapes that really work the buns, thighs, hips? Let me know if you have. My mid section needs a lot of work. My upper body has gotten so much thinner that I look out of proportion.

I have the almost 4 yr. old Birthday party this weekend and my nephews first communion and party. Gonna do my best to stick to my guns. I am not going back to the 170s! I have to do some shopping for decorations. Can't believe four years of my life have gone by...:( My mother always said that the older you get...the faster it goes, and I believe her.

Well, I hope you all have happy, productive Wednesdays!
Boating

tryin'hard
04-24-2002, 12:02 PM
Congrats Boating!! It's so nice to be in "new" numbers!! Don't forget to edit your signature!! You'll do great this weekend. Just keep telling yourself that you've done a great job and when people comment on how great you look, smile really big and show them how beautiful you are on the inside, too!
Have a great day!

Wisconsin Woman
04-24-2002, 07:33 PM
Boating - GREAT JOB! When I see your numbers it inspires me! I'm still in the above 200 club, and will be for quite a while, and it's always uplifting to see proof that it can be done. Just think of what a great summer you have ahead of you. Camping in that great new camper, boating, basking in the sun in that tiny bikini, showing off that great new bod!
Gennel you're really going great guns too. Sounds like you're really working hard at it. Building all that muscle really helps for ongoing weight loss, cause you're building a lean, mean calorie burning machine.
Tryin - getting closer every day. keep it up. Are you following any special plan?
Turtle - Hang in there. When I was struggling I picked two thing to keep working on (water and walking the steps at work) tried to make those a lifetime change, and didn't worry about the rest. Move on and enjoy the rest of your life, and when the time comes it'll happen. It breaks my heart to hear you sound so disappointed. Weight loss isn't everything. You have a life. Live it. Love it. Don't let a lousy scale ruin your day.
And me - well, I'm doing ok. This morning was beautiful - sunny, 60's with promises of 70's. When I got out of bed (I work nights) it was 50 and raining.:mad: I know it's spring, so only better things can come, right? I have 3 yards of mulch just begging to be put down, but it's so much more fun to do it on a warm, sunny day.!
Have a good day, everyone, and be good to yourselves.

Gennel
04-25-2002, 10:09 PM
Hey!
I've been checking in here everyday and havent seen new posts. But I scrolled down and saw like 3 new posts but it shows as no new posts on top????? Anyway how is everyone doing? I'mstill here hanging on :) Today we went to a school fair and for the first time , I enjoyed walking without getting tired instead of eating hotdogs and chips, I enjoyed hubby being able to comfortably walk with his arm around me, instead of eating pizza at the fair, I enjoyed breathing and strolling around all the activities ....instead of waiting in some line for fried foods at the fair! lol I'm still getting used to a much slimmer me. Sometimes surprising myself when I pass by a mirror lol (in a good way! )
Since I walk so muchn in the mornings I decided to get brave tomorrow! The park I drive to ,to do my walk is exactly 2 miles away. So tomorrow instead of driving to the park , I will walk to the park and walk right back home ! That's a 4 mile walk roundtrip! Well wish me luck! lol

ttyl!:wave:
Gen
194/166/135 ?

boatingmommy
04-26-2002, 08:01 AM
Hello! Just a quick note to everyone....hope all are doing well. Here is is Friday again!!! Tomorrow is weigh in and I hope a few of you will be sending me some numbers that can be subtracted.

I have been up for a while watching a pair of cardinals outside my window. Very beautiful sight on a spring morning.

I took a day off from excercizing yesterday cause the work day was just so bad, and when I got home there were a dozen projects to be completed... and a birthday party to get ready for...and on and on. I feel kind-of guilty, but I will try and make up for it today. I still did good on the eating, but didn't burn any extra.

Gennel, I looked at your other posts for the 4 week challenge. You are turning into quite the motivational guru! Keep up the good work.

Gary, let us know where your travels take you this weekend.
Turtle, keep a positive mental attitude....Free your mind and your body will follow!

Hugs to anyone else pausing to read this thread! Hope to hear from more people....the more support the better!

Boating

Gennel
04-26-2002, 09:00 AM
Hey boating !
I guess you've been super busy! I get worried when I dont see people posting! I know the MD challenge isnt over yet and I reached my goal already but I will keep you updated for my weigh in tomorrow. TOM is late so let's see how it goes ! Today I plan to get brave/cocky/ or insane! lol
I usually drive my car 2 miles to the park where I walk. Since I walk so much there I decided to Walk to the park which is 2 miles and then walk back home which is another 2 miles. So 4 miles total ! I'll let you guys know if I made it lol. I dont see why not ,I'm so used to walking on a trail of some kind lol so this will be different. Well I better go get my sneakers on and get on my way!

I havent heard from Gracie, I just refuse to think that she has left us completely. She was the first person on here that got me very motivated to do this. If I Could Iwould call her and let her know that she is so much stronger than she thinks! We have to keep going no matter what, if we gain a few/lose too little/or stay stuck for a while/ KEEP GOING. This is a battle of the mind as well as the body. If anyone knows Gracie's email please PM it to me ?
I really want to talk to her :)
ttyl,
Gen
194/166/135 ?

tryin'hard
04-26-2002, 11:33 AM
Gen--way to go with the walking!! Were you pooped when you were done?
Put me down for another pound lost. I was stuck for so long and now I've lost 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks! Yay me!!
Hope you all have a great weekend! Let's all remain focused and post great results of our weekend on Monday!

Wisconsin Woman
04-26-2002, 05:35 PM
It's so nice to see everyone posting. I drop in now and then while at work, but don't really have enough time to post there. I had today off, and it was glorious. I'm not sure how warm it got, but it was warm enough to work in shirt sleeves. I have so much outside work to do, and I LOVE doing it this time of year. I planted some columbine and muched the area today. Now I'm all pooped. I think I will mow some grass on the riding mower and get some more sun and fresh air. Tomorrows another day..I'll have to tackle the raspberries. I'll have to post my weight loss on Sunday morning,cause I use the scale at work, and I don't work until late Saturday. I've been much more active this week, but not too great on the food intake..not too awful either, so we'll see. I ;think I'd be happy with a even wash. Gennel you are our goddess!!!;) I wish I had your energy. Then again, if I dump a little of this excess poundage maybe I would!? Nah. Boating - good to hear you're busy as always. It sounds like your life is full of all kinds of stuff. Turtle..keep hanging on Tryin - looks like you're making some good progress. Cool. Gonna go mow some green. Catch ya later

Turtle025
04-26-2002, 07:31 PM
Hey everyone. Just wanted to let you know I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth. Remember my pledge to get back on the wagon? I sort of just never did. Soooo, everything's just not so good right now. But thanks for all the words of encouragement. They did at least make me feel a little less hopeless. Siiiigh. Well, I'll keep you guys posted.
-Turtle

EZMONEY
04-26-2002, 08:09 PM
HI Ladies-- I have had a busy week and just caught up with the posts--GENNEL-(((GREAT ATTITUDE)))) Keep it up--just automatically walk to the park--if you can--4 miles is not really too much when you train for it!! BOATING ((HAPPY BROOKEDAY))) Wish my little one was 4 again!!! TURTLE- you are way too young-just 2 years younger than my daughter- to be having sooo much worry!! Get out there and enjoy your youth- of course doing healthy, active recreational things are a plus.
My daughter is finishing up her tennis today for college- the ex is with her (she isn't playing today- it is the league championships and only the top 6 play--she is #7 so unless there is an injury....) My son has a track meet tomorrow--2nd to last one--step-D has just a couple more games before playoffs- so I will get a little bit of a break after the college seasons end for DD and DS-- Step-D will make ALL-STARS for softball though so that could go deep into the summer. The son hit a Grand Slam in his mens league softball last night--his 1st ever-still lost 22-12!! Wife and I just left the gym-we worked out together today-COOL!
Well to all of you I missed keep up the great work and if you have slid a little--START OVER!!! Gary

boatingmommy
04-27-2002, 09:42 AM
I am sooooo Happy!!!! Well, the scale said 167 this morning. All in all I have lost 6 of the 10 pounds I said I would lose by mother's day. I'm getting there!!!:D

Went shopping last night for birthday party supplies. Stopped in Famous Barr and tried on a couple of swimsuits (tankinis). Maybe not so hot looking now, but attainable. Still working on the gut!!!And I need to work on the inner thigh. I have visible weight loss there and they look like slack ham hocks. Any ideas. I have been mixing walking in with the aerobics tapes, maybe more walking would help. :jig:

Wisconsin, you made me jealous yesterday. I LOVE to piddle in the garden and work on the yard. All it wants to do here this past week is rain...rain...rain.:( It is a real bummer for a dirt lover like me. That had to be great excercise for you too! Oh, and did you say raspberries? YUM!:T :T

Gary, it was great to hear from you! Sounds like things will wind down a little for you at the end of the school year. Then what? You and the wife taking any fun vacations this summer?

Gennel, I miss Grace too...and Bunny. Both had such good sense of humor. I hope they haven't totally given up and will maybe someday come back to us. Hey, how was that walk yesterday?

TryN, way to go, girl!!! You are doing it! Each little pound gets us closer to healthier, happier people.

Well, I have got to go play with the almost birthday girl.

Be good to yourselves!!!
Boating

angel-eyes
04-27-2002, 05:10 PM
Hi Ladies. Sorry to have been missing in action lately. But I wasn't totally committed to my plan and found myself not following ww's and journalling. My weight has been VERY SLOW to lose, actually only 10 lbs in 12 weeks. But as another poster commented....Thats better than a gain, and if continued....almost 40 lbs in 1 yr. So, I just GOT WITH THE PROGRAM, and started to journal again. Thanks for the vote of confidence! I lost 3.2 lbs!!! I had no idea of what to expect from my weighin and frankly, after the few weeks of non-journalling and missing 2 out of 3 meetings....I was very unsure of myself. I must of been guessing my pts around my range but only started "back on track" since Wednesday journalling again. I can not tell you how much I appreciated everyones ideas and support. It probably won't be the last time either, but it sure came at a time when I really needed it. Thank you!

Wisconsin Woman
04-27-2002, 05:54 PM
It's raining out so I have a little time to check in. My body aches all over!! I was rototilling, digging, and mulching for about 4 hours this morning and my body is rovolting! I was almost glad to see the rain. :s: We got about half of the raspberries done, and most of the rhubarb. I'm hoping if we do a really good job this year we won't have to do much next year. My son was just home from work. He wanted a quick haircut and he told me just to shave it off. I really wanted to leave a little on and work my way down, but he was in a hurry. Well, now there's almost no hair there!:?: Yikes! All he said was 'how much do you think it'll grow by graduation?' Four weeks should be good for an inch at least, don't you think? DH is watching the race on tv. He loves car racing. He and DS have season tickets to the Milwaukee Mile..They have like two or three races each summer. I'm a football fan myself. A Packer Backer.Will weigh myself at work tonight. I'm afraid it won't be good news. I've been lousy on my journaling, and I know that's what keeps me honest. My goal this week will be to get back to the journaling, and if it's nice out maybe I'll get the bike out and check out the Wild Goose Trail this week.....weather permitting. See ya losers!

Turtle025
04-27-2002, 09:30 PM
Hey everyone! I fiiiiinally got back on track today. My family just joined a community center that's got a gym, and I went and did some time on the EFX machine today. (At least I think that's what it's called) I've gotten back to drinking water, and I followed Atkins in everything I ate today. So that's really good! BUT, I'm going to a sleepover tonight and I'm kind of worried. My friend made lasagna and of course there'll be chips, soda, etc., and when you're just sitting there talking and watching movies and stuff it is sooooo easy to eat a ton and not even realize it. So I've got to be really strong tonight and not allow myself to get knocked off course again!
On a side note, I worked as an usher at a concert tonight and there was soooo much good food there. Funnel cake, fried chicken fingers, french fries, soft pretzels, pizza, cotton candy, the list goes on.... I was soo tempted to just get one of everything but then I started thinking of the work I did at the gym today and how excited I was to go home and report on the 3FC boards that I was finally getting myself together. And I decided that it just wasn't worth it to eat one thing and ruin the whole day. So thanks guys! You kept me from making a really bad decision today!

boatingmommy
04-28-2002, 09:35 AM
Happy Sunday everybody! I was so excited to see all of the posts. Nice to know we are still all in this together. Today is finally sunny after 3 days of RAIN. I HAVE GOT TO GET OUTSIDE!!! I am going to go crazy locked up in the house!

Well, today is Four Year Olds birthday and my nephews first communion. Everyone keep their fingers crossed that I don't go psycho crazy on the buffet table. My sister in law is a master chef and there is guaranteed to be a wide variety of highly fattening foods. I think I will drink a can of slim fast on the way, and then I'll be too full to eat much. I guess that's kind of rude, but better than gaining 5 lbs in one day!

We are having the official birthday party tomorrow night. Brooke gets to open her presents from me and daddy today though. It's gonna be a great day!

Well, hugs to all of you....everyone sounded so positive. Good to hear from you all!

Wisconsin Woman
04-28-2002, 06:21 PM
Weigh in for Mother's Day challenge up 1# (Boo hoo) Oh well, this is a new day. Only two weeks left? That 12# goal is looking pretty far off right now, but maybe if I really buckle down I can come close. Wish me luck.:p

Wisconsin Woman
04-30-2002, 06:16 PM
Helloooooooooooooooo Is anybody out there? The weather must really be looking good out there, because everyone seems to have better things to do than sit at the computer. (And here I sit. How pathetic is that?) Actually I worked last night, and just got out of bed about an hour ago. I have to run into town and buy lettuce so I'll have lunch tonight. That's really worked well for me. I seldom have time to sit down and eat, but if I keep the salad in the office I find time for a little now, a little later, and a little in the end of the day. Then I'm not so hungry when I get off work. I haven't stopped for McDonald's breakfast in quite a while. After tonight I'll have 3 days off. Lots of time to get some work done in the garden. DS is looking at the local college today. He's really confused about what he wants to do (he's a senior in high school) I told him he should take a year, or maybe even six months, off and work, but he doesn't want to graduate when he's 50. Oh well. He'll figure it all out. DD only has 3 weeks left of her 1st year in college. She'll be moving home in the middle of May. Yeah! I've missed her. Gonna close. POST!

boatingmommy
05-01-2002, 08:37 AM
Well, I am hoping that the lack of posts means that everyone is busy doing things that are good for themselves.

Yesterday was gorgeous! But today we are looking at some rain and severe storms coming in again. This part of the country and taken a beating lately.

Well, I was a BAAAD girl last weekend. :devil: I ate like a little piggy at my in-laws for the communion party. I felt like a bloated toad when we got home and I was very unhappy. BUT...on Monday I drank Slim-fast in place of breakfast and lunch, and ate only two thin slices of pizza at Brooke's birthday party. The scale hasn't moved one way or the other (It probably did on Sunday....but I didn't check). I need to excercise but we are preparing for the town yard sale and I worked on that from the minute I got home until it was time to shower and go to bed.

Going camping this weekend!!!!:D :) :D I am SSssooooo happy!!! The only funny thing is that it's lesbian weekend at the lake. Not that I personally care what anyones sexual preference is...but once a year on this weekend there is a big camping weekend for lesbians at the lake and the place is usually packed. So instead of a quiet weekend with not too many people, the place will be full.

Well, I have gotta get to work! Everyone have a good day...AND POST!
Boating

tryin'hard
05-01-2002, 09:47 AM
Hi everyone! Thanks Boating, for reminding us all to post! Glad the scale hasn't moved, despite your "bad" weekend! But, we have to continue to remind ourselves that when we don't gain (or don't loose), we are maintaining, and that is so important! Because, once we hit goal weight, that's when the work begins!
Hope everyone is going well. It's a gorgeous day here in the northeat. I saw a beautiful sunrise on my walk this morning and just might walk again this afternoon! Make it a good one!

EZMONEY
05-01-2002, 10:21 PM
Hi all-- just trying to catch up a little on my threads-- work has been kicking my butt the last few days-- it really stinks getting old!! BOATING-- Happy B-day to Brooke ( did she get anything mom can play with? if not you are a lously shopper!!) Good luck at the lake this weekend if you know what I mean-- if you get LOOKS I guess that is a good thing?? the efforts you have been putting in are paying off-- tell DH not to be jealous!!! ANGELEYES glad you are back on track. WISCONSIN WOMAN sure glad the salads are working for you-- I really try to change mine around alot so I don't get too bored with them-- sometimes I put low cal turkey lunch meat in them, change dressings often ( Kraft low cal are not too bad ) avocado--they are plentifull in our area, beans etc. ALL I HAVE TO SAY TO YOU IS GOOOO RAIDERS!!! packers? are you kidding me? Hey TURTLE great job at the gym-- by the end of summer the boys will be beggin for your #!!!
Well I am going to go get the dinner started I was going to do an hour ago- it is my turn and the wife is hungry since she just got back from a 2 mile run-- I am getting that evil look-- you all know what I am talking about don't you!! Later guys
Jesus loves us!!! Gary

Gennel
05-02-2002, 11:15 AM
Not feeling well since tuesday :( sore and swollen throat... ouch.
Still did all my walking this week , I just couldnt do Tae Bo. Too much jumping around . I will get with it by monday ! I hope to be feeling better by then. Hey Tryinhard I just realized that you are almost at your goal!!!!!!! Two more pounds girl wooo hoo! We should have an online chat party when you reach goal!

Gen

194/164/135?

Wisconsin Woman
05-02-2002, 07:22 PM
Gen, I hope you're feeling better. Being sick can be so exhausting. I'm surprised you had the energy to walk. Great Job!I'm always in awe of your energy. Boating! Have a great weekend camping. I know you're so excited about your new camper. Do you camp near a lake? I've always loved to camp, but my husband was in the service and after that he said the Holiday Inn was as close to camping as he would ever get. :p He's a real outdoors person so one would think he would enjoy it, but not so. So have a blast. Gary, my son is a Raiders fan, has been for many years. I've never been able to talk any sense into the boy. Packers promise to be tough this year. I wonder? Tryin! Walkin' at sunrise. How awesome. Turtle keep on with the gym. See ya..Mom's on the phone

tryin'hard
05-02-2002, 07:27 PM
HI everybody!
Gen--hope you're feeling better. My dd had a sore throat this week and now it's a cough, so I think it was allergies.
Yes, I am two pounds away from my goal. I don't know why I picked 155 as my goal, but I think it's a good weight for me. I am wearing sizes 8 and 10 and I really don't think I want to go any lower than this. I was 125 once (for about 30 seconds) and I was not comfortable. Everyone was telling me I was too thin and I just didn't feel healthy. I wasn't walking then and I used to practically dehydrate myself on my weigh in days (how sick is THAT?!?) to get the number lower. This time I eat quite a bit of food every day and as long as I'm walking, it all seems to fall into place. I also know it's going to take me a while to loose those last two pounds. I have found the last 10 to be the hardest. But, I am also learning how to maintain, which to me, is going to be the hardest part of this whole journey called weight loss. I'm really good at loosing and I'm also really good at gaining. I plan to succeed this time at maintaining. With all the support here, I can only succeed!
Well, off my soap box--hope you're all having a great day!

boatingmommy
05-03-2002, 12:39 PM
Hey guys and gals. I am going to start a new thread under Beach Bound Losers. Go there....now...don't wait....really.