Support Groups - Jaded Ladies Weight Loss Chat # 300

Marti
07-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52845) !

We are a group of ladies that come here for support :grouphug: and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Marti
07-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Hello ladies...

I'm so glad to have a four day weekend! Not sure what plans we have, but do plan to stay busy. Don't want to stay home and just mold into the couch!

Mindee--I'm so happy to hear that SBD is working so well for you!! Congrats to you!! At this rate you'll reach your first goal at no time. Tommy bought ice-cream?! Shame on him! Good for you for not eating it with him. How is he doing on SBD?

Trish--How is Tony feeling today? Sorry to hear about the fall!! Make sure he rests and takes it easy so he doesn't over do it and injure himself even more.

Sue--I'm not a summer loser at all! In fact, I tend to lose weight during the cold months. I've also trying to get back on track. Glad that your mother is improving.

Sassy--I believe most families are like yours. Especially when they're spread apart in different states. Truly makes it difficult to get together more often. I hadn't seen my sister is years, and when our brother passed a few years ago, we talked about how we need to get together some more often. (she lives in Florida, the rest of the family here in Oregon) Her family plans on coming to Oregon next summer and we're all looking forward to it.

Angie--Our work is in some kind of chaotic mode due to the hospital open up in a couple weeks. Trying to get things all in a routine. Makes for stressful times. My department is doing pretty good. It's when we have a person off that it goes haywire.......they will have to figure out how to keep up with the results while I'm gone.

Pat--You are doing great with the exercise! I've been gearing up to start my walk/jogs again everyday. Plan to join a challenge thread to keep me accountable. Been walking, just not as often as I should. That's gotta change!

Jane--Hurray for internet being back on!!

Hello to anyone I may have missed. I should probably get myself outdoors and pull some weeds today. Be a bit productive instead of sitting indoors on the computer! (time just gets away from me when I'm online!!)

You all have a lovely weekend.

Marti
07-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Afternoon ladies....

How is everyone enjoying their weekend? I'm waiting for hubby to return home, been cleaning up around here since he's bringing a couple friends home with him. Not sure what is planned for the day, but we plan to get out and do something.

Chat with you all later on!

tommysgirl18
07-20-2008, 04:35 PM
just popping in to let you all know that I am still alive!

we all had a blast yesterday up at the campgrounds! they had a blast going trick or treating.....even though it rained! we walked around for about 7 hours......we only sat down to eat dinner or to talk to some friends and that was it.

when I got the mail yesterday when we got home, I got some mail from the kids insurance that I have to pick an insurance plan for them by August 1st. So, I will be calling first thing tomorrow morning to get them into a plan! And then Brandon will be getting into the ENT hopefully next month!

now that I have quiet around here......every body is taking naps, including Tommy! we were watching a show called "Flip This House" and it was the episode where Armando goes on a diet and starts yelling and screaming at everybody. I told Tommy that that is how he is on a diet.

Saturday morning, Brandon got up at 2am, which in return woke Marissa up. Tommy changed Brandon and he climbed up on our bed, while I changed Marissa and gave her a milk bottle. we all laid down and went to bed. I got up at 3:22am because I just felt like I was going to throw up, so I flung the blankets back and as soon as I did that, I saw a head pop up in the crib next to me and heard a "mama" come from the crib. I ran to the bathroom, and did what I needed to do, then went back to bed. then when we got to the half way point on our trip to the campground I had Tommy stop so I could go to the bathroom. he said "you just went pee before we left. are you sure that you are not pregnant?" I said "it is kind of hard for me to get pregnant with my tubes tied, goof ball." When I did manage to fall back to sleep after I had to run to the bathroom, I had a dream about Tommy's godmother that passed away last year.

Marti~ Tommy jumped ship on SBD last Tuesday, so I have been doing it on my own. BUT he has been helping me stick to every thing on the phase 1, and then this coming Tuesday I can move onto phase 2 if I want to. Or I can stay on phase 1 until I feel more comfortable. BUT I am still sticking to my guns and I am **** bent on making it to my goal here shortly!

tommysgirl18
07-21-2008, 01:15 AM
doing my nightly pop in......

we ended up going for a walk after dinner. we took the kids to the park across the street, and they played then we walked the pier, and then we sat and watched the boats and jet skis. then we came back home and walked around the complex. we walked passed the office manager's daughter's apartment and her son came running out (the daughter's son) so we stopped and then walked with the grandson and the office manager (his grandma). then the boys got their bikes out and they all played for a little bit.

we won't be able to go swimming any time soon. some dumb people went into the pool after it was closed, and now the pool is GREEN. the health department comes out on Tuesday, and they will for surely close the pool down now!

tommysgirl18
07-21-2008, 05:42 PM
anybody else out there?

doing my daily pop in......

I changed my goal on the walking challenge from 1000, down to 500. I realized that the 1000 just wasn't realistic enough, so I changed it to 500, and then if I go over, I will just play it by ear.

The office manager is having one of the maintenance guys shock the pool to see if that will help with it. He will still have to vacuum the bottom of the pool to get the stuff off the floor of the pool. I just hope that they can get it all cleaned up and cleared up so that the Health Department won't close the pool.

As far as what we can do if they do close the pool, there is a beach in town that we can take the kids to. But like Tommy pointed out last, the pool worked out better because we could just walk home and clean them up. Whereas, if we take them to the beach, we have to clean them up and dry them off there, then change them to bring them home.

I took the kids for a walk this morning......a normal half hour walk took us 45 minutes this morning! Logan kept stopping and dilly dallying every now and then. the boys were riding their bikes, and I was pushing Marissa in the double stroller.

da fat n da furious
07-21-2008, 10:53 PM
hey all....

Mindee,,,too bad about Tommy bailing on ya...but you keep going! Your results are fantastic. That is just pathetic about the people doing damage to the pool.

Marti,,,,just sounds soo much like my work...1 person going on holidays causes us all to go nuts! I can't add more hrs,,,Im maxed out mentally.
This past weekend,,,instead of relaxing,,,we went to my brothers and helped him paint his new home...my body aches. I probably did about 15 hrs of painted and need more then that to finish....told my brother I would help after work tomorrow,,,,*sigh

anyways better get to bed...Im wiped out

tommysgirl18
07-22-2008, 01:46 AM
doing my nightly pop in.....

well, we have a little Houdini on our hands!

Tommy opened the window in the boys room a crack because Logan decided to "play" again.....so he was airing the room out. Well, Logan was misbehaving, so he went into the bedroom for a time out. (mind you, I didn't know the bedroom window was open)

I was sitting at the table eating my dinner, which lines up with our doorwall. I thought I saw something on the porch and I just thought it was the grill cover because it was windy. So, I went back to eating my dinner. A couple minutes later, I saw a light blue blob on a red, yellow and blue bike. I jumped up out of the chair, and ran outside. I opened the front door, and saw Logan's pillow on the cement, then him on his bike not too far from it!

I caught up to him and turned around to bring him back inside and heard the window close in the boys room. I got inside with Logan, and Tommy says "I didn't think he would have jumped." I then said "he has no fear, why would a little jump from a window on the first floor scare him?"

I get to add carbs in now, but I stepped on the scale and I didn't like the number that I saw! So, I need more water and less carbs! I can see that those are my enemy....so I have to watch them closely!

Angie~ I wish he really hadn't bailed on me, but whatever! I am over it now.....I just get so bogged down now trying to find something to eat, but since I am starting phase 2, I can work more things back in.

Dixiemae
07-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Hi all just checking in. Things are going well here. I just finished 1 1/2 hrs of stepping. I will do my push up soon. Needed a break.

Mindee sounds like you are doing well on SBD. Sorry Tommy bailed on you.

Angie~15 hours of painting WOW!!!

Catch ya all later Pat

tommysgirl18
07-23-2008, 12:23 AM
doing my nightly pop in.....

I got some GOOD news since I wrote last......the pool will be OPEN starting tomorrow morning!!!! they don't know what was put into it, but the shock in the pool worked on it. The maintenance man, that is also the pool guy, said that he was going to punish every body one more day because of the people going into the pool like that.

other then that, nothing really new on this end. we have come to the conclusion that we definitely need to start walking after dinner. Brandon didn't go to bed until about 10:30pm! So, we are going to be taking walks at night after dinner.....since that seems to be the only way to get him to go to sleep without problems. well, that and without him taking naps that helps!

Pat~ Thanks for those nice words! I am really needing to light a fire under my butt to get the recipes for phase 2. I need ideas that will work with all of us, and not just me.

Marti
07-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Morning ladies...

I had a great 4 days off and glad that I only have to work for three this week! :D

Mindee--I'm proud of all the work your doing to stick to the SBD. Sorry to hear that Tommy stopped, but glad to know he's still supporting you. Are there any cookbooks you can purchase that can help you with the cooking so all the family will eat?

Angie--It's amazing how one person gone from work can make a hectic work day!! I got a call from a co-worker yesterday preparing me for some major catch up. The gal who took over didn't do so well!! (GGGGRRRRRRR)
Oh well, I pretty much expected that.

Pat--I see you joined the 21-day challenge! I've joined too. It what I need to get myself in gear and stick with it! Good job with all the exercises you're doing.

Hello to everyone else out there. How is your summer going? Going pretty fast isn't it??

Well I need to get myself in the showers soon and get ready for a busy day. Talk to you all later!

pattygirl63
07-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi Ladies,

This will be a quick one. Talked Tony into going to see a Chiropractor who is a deacon in our church about his back yesterday. He turned over in bed yesterday and felt something pop and was in a lot of pain. I needed to know if anything was broken. Doc did xrays and examined him and there are no broken or cracked bones. So he started treatments yesterday and he gets another treatment this afternoon. I thought I would check do some pc stuff while he is resting peacefully right now. From my nonmedical understanding, he has swollen sore muscles and I think it has something to do with the nerves around the spine where the ribs are connected to. He said it would take 6 to 8 weeks for total recovery. I don't know how many treatments it will take. He told us to use alternated moist heat and cold and for Tony to come home and lie down and rest. Tony didn't think the treatment helped, but he came home and did nothing the doc told him to do. I couldn't get him to sit down much less lie down. Then when he went to bed he was in pain. So now he on the couch sleeping and I notice he does have a heating pad under him which probably isn't doing him any good since it works manually. These men are so stubborn. He asked me if he was going to tell the Doc that he didn't do the heat/cold thing... well, if he lets me go in with him for the treatment, I am the one who will tell the Doc.:)

I have decided that when my insurance go into affect next month that I am going to go for some treatments myself.

Angie - 15 hours? I would say that is a couple of weeks of exercise.

Pat - You are my inspiration for exercise although I will probably never do as much as you do. WTG,girl.

Marti - Glad you enjoyed the 4 days off. I bet you had a really busy day back and sounds like you will have for a few days. My sister's job panics when she takes off because she is the only person in the whole place who can do her job. She's been there 20+ years. They said they were going to train someone last year when she fell and broke her arm, but they didn't. I told her that they should pay her more under the circumstances.

Mindee - You are doing great. Sorry Tommy isn't doing it with you. Could he do Phase 2. I read somewhere that people who can't or don't want to do Phase 1 should just start with Phase 2. Have you checked out the SBD thread here at 3FC? I am pretty sure they have recipes. They are also a good bunch of gals there. The lady named Ruth (may be a moderator) has a lot of good info and was very helpful when I was doing SBD for a while. I am doing a combo of WW Flex/Core and I have implemented many of the SBD principles to my way of eating. For example you could use some healthier foods such as whole foods like pastas etc made from wheat/grains for family meals instead of white and they would get healthy foods and you would OP. They would be eating healthy on your SBD plan and wouldn't even know it or have to know it.

Well, my quick one turned into a long one. I'll check back when I can.

Sorry, I know I missed some of you. I hope everybody is doing well and is having a good day.

:hug: to all,
Trish

tommysgirl18
07-23-2008, 05:05 PM
doing my daily pop in...

they evicted the people next to me, so all their stuff is sitting on the parking lot right now. (although I am thinking that they are going to move it onto the grass though) Brandon is having a blast with one of the maintenance guys.....his name is George and since Brandon can say it now, that is all he is saying when he sees him.

I have become so addicted to this Mobsters game on Myspace! And the Heros counterpart as well.......now maybe that addiction will help me with the food issues!

I have joined some more groups that deal solely with South Beach and such. So, I am hoping that that will help to keep me on track.

Marti~ They do have cookbooks that are out there for SBD.....but money has been tight, so I haven't gotten to the store to even see how much they are. I have been contemplating seeing if the local library has them, and if they do I will see if Tommy will check them out since he has the library card.

Trish~ I am not sure what he will do. He has been doing his thing, and I am doing mine. Which I told him would probably happen. He will do what works for him and I will do what works for me. I have checked out the one on here, but I haven't been able to have enough time to go through every thing.

da fat n da furious
07-23-2008, 11:38 PM
Hey all,,,,
Marti,,,ya see I just find the holiday thing so stressful...as in coming back to loads of work. I don't think I really enjoy myself when on holidays cause I start to worry about the back log.
Im really tired right now,,,my brother is still painting,,,and I went over and did some trim and such till after 9 last night,,,Im normally in bed by 8:30. Got home and went straight to bed to be woken up rudely at 2:15 am. Teenagers! grrrr So a couple of teens thought it would be funny to steal the solar lights people have on their lawns...and then smash them either on the road or cars! They missed Monte's car but got the road...broken glass and plastic everywhere. Then of course all the neighbours were outside checking things out. Some got in their cars and drove around looking for the teens,,,one guy took out his big dog. *sigh We feel back to sleep about 3:30,,,Monte's alarm went off at 4....great.
I went to work,,,was informed that my calls would be increasing,,,gee 700 a day isn't enough.Plus I was /am being trained on more stuff I need to take over on. I work 11 hr days! I asked if we could automate our phone, and was told that I was paid to answer the phone. I flipped out and told my supervisor ,,,really? Then you can take all the %^$# stuff off my desk then cause I will answer the phone and nothing else!
I had to deal with a super stinky driver. I found out today I REALLY am a nose breather,,,cause I had to breath thro my mouth and with talking almost passed out. I actually put my head down on my desk cause I was so dizzy. Had a headache cause of the spray used after he left....
ANNNND my boss hired a creep. Im pretty upset about that.

Im going to bed,,,and fingers crossed tomorrow will be a better day. Cause today was up there with nasty.

tommysgirl18
07-24-2008, 02:52 AM
I am doing my nightly pop in.....

well, I have been wondering if being accident prone is genetic? in peeking at what the neighbor had in her place, I gashed my arm up on broken glass from a picture. Tommy got me all covered and onto the healing road. Then when he was making dinner, Brandon went in to help him. He reached onto the stove and touched the burner, that Tommy had just turned off. So, he burned his hand. Thankfully, our neighbor behind us came over to see what has been going on and said that he had some burn cream at his place. He brought it over and is letting us borrow it. So right now, his hand has cream on it, and it is wrapped up in some gauze.

BUT WAIT, there is more! In going through the bag that I started to go through earlier before getting my gash on my arm......I got yat ANOTHER gash, but this one is on my right leg, just next to my Pooh tattoo. So, back into the bathroom we went and Tommy got me all cleaned up YET AGAIN!

So, now we are left to sit back and keep an eye on Brandon's hand. We are worried about it, but we are somewhat apprehensive about taking him to the hospital because we know that they will try and turn it around on us. And since Brandon doesn't talk as much as he should for his age..we are worried that they might think that we did it and then take the kids away. So, I am keeping my eye on it very carefully. In a way, it is a good thing, because he can't suck his thumb now because of the medicine on it.

Angie~ It is good to hear from you! I hope tomorrow is better for you then yesterday was!

Marti
07-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Morning ladies

Just a quicky this morning as I need to get moving. It's been gorgeous outside and I hate knowing that I'm indoors most of the day!!

Trish--I hope Tony starts feeling some relief! My hubby's back will go out, and never can figure out what it is that's causing it, he'll go to the chiropractor and it slowly returns to normal.

Angie--What in the world?! I don't remember ever feeling like I need to destroy something to have fun when I was a teen! And the consequences of getting caught! Did they get caught? Sorry to hear they hired a creepy guy at work!

Mindee--Boy! Hope you're all alright! If Brandon's hand looks really bad, I would take him in. If they start jumping to conclusions......didn't you say you had a neighbor there watching? Hope it's ok and not serious.

All is well, been drinking tons of water (or at least if feels like tons) and walking. So I'm feeling better about that. Heading in the right direction. DD is here this weekend and I have plans to talk her into walking the neighborhood with me.

Ok...must get moving. I feel a long day ahead already!!

Sassy_Chick
07-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi All, Sassy Here!!! Be prepared y'all its a long one! lol.

Well I just got back from my Dr. Why? I think I have a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) :p So they took a urine sample and are gonna send it off to check for cultures to be sure they are giving me the correct anti-biotic. But he did mention that I have Protein in my Urine. Now I looked online and that can be caused from me being a Diabetic. He didn't say how much, but did lecture me about getting my A1C done (blood tests for Diabetes) because he said that protein in the urine can mean kidney damage!!! Ok so he tells me this like he is telling me that my shoe is untied and all the while pushing me out the door (not literally but you know what I mean) My dr has never been this way before and I know he was very busy before I came in, but still??? U don't just tell somebody that and then say "Goodbye have a good day" So for right now at this moment, I am not gonna worry about it until there is cause to worry, so I am not asking for any info. (not right now at least) Thanks so much, but I don't wanna worry myself anymore than I have too. Cuz I'm a worrier!!! lol.

So I dunno. I've been seeing this dr for about 4 or 5 yrs now, but I may change. Like my mil has always said, "Drs are like plumbers, you hire them and you can fire them if your not satisfied." My mil is a retired ICU nurse.

Here I thought I was doing pretty good here lately and my dr has to totally "rain on my parade" lol. I haven't been eating fast food in a long time and infact do not even want it anymore like I used too crave it. Now the thought of it makes me sick, if you can believe that coming out of my mouth!!! lol.

Now for the hardest part of all...........giving up my Mt.Dew. That is a toughie that I have been struggling with for many, many, many years. I quit for a while then go right back to it. But I know I HAVE to give it up. I don't like Diet Pop so I just wanna give it all up period. So I came home and figure no time like the present and got me some water. I am hot and sweaty anyways from waiting forever in the stupid drs office waiting room forever to get seen for only 5 MINUTES!!! GRRRR!!! Anyways...........lol.

On my lunch I went to the grocery store that I have been going too to grab some lunch and here lately I just have not been hungry at all. (I know shocker there as well) So I have been eating very small meals, just more frequently. I have also been getting off my duff at work and moving around, infact my co worker tonight made a comment about me "getting up AGAIN" lol. I told him, "It doesn't hurt me none to get up and move around" Also I walk around the Grocery Store too, that is another benefit of going there. I even walked down the candy aisle looked at chocolate and WALKED AWAY!!!! :carrot:

So I think I have been doing good, can I do better? YES!! I can, but its a good start and I feel that its different this time. I know I've been down this road many, many, many, many, many times, but I honestly feel different. I wanna order a book I was looking through at the store, its called, "Clean Eating (http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Clean-Diet-Expanded-Fat-Loss-Forever/dp/1552100383)" By Tosco Reno. Anybody ever read it?

I also want to buy me an organizer. I need one cuz my life is a mess! lol. Something to keep track of EVERYTHING!!! Food, Blood Sugars, Meds, exercise, EVERYTHING is getting written down!!!! Its gonna be titled, "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly!!!" lol. And I am gonna take it with me EVERYWHERE I go!!!!

I also am going to purchase a scale to keep track of my weight. We already have a food scale, but we want a better one. DH has been cooking for me every night that he was off, bless his sweet heart!!! Even though I didn't each much at all...........

Oh and speaking of DH, he starts his new shift (mine) on Sunday night!!! So we will now be on the SAME shift!!! :cheer3:

OH and also my Dept. has a new supervisor, so I am no longer under the "Weasel" anymore!!! :congrat: AND our new supervisor? Is a LONG time friend of DH's, he was down talking to my dept. today (after I had already left) and told DH he wants to talk to me on either Monday or Tuesday morning (when I am working) He wants to know EVERYTHING about what has been going on, I told DH, "how much time does the man have?" lol. I plan on making a list. ;)

OMG you all, I just feel that big black dark cloud lifting off of me, FINALLY! It feels SO good!!! I see life so differently now! What has been wrong with me???!!! I am so dense, complaining and not doing nothing about it! Not getting out and enjoying life!!! Well no more! My new goal is to work my way up to walking as much as possible so when we go on vacation the end of September, we can go out and enjoy ourselves, maybe even go on a HIKE! I haven't been on one in a LONG time and I used to SO love taking a good hike!!! I love nature, so I plan on going out and enjoying it! I don't care how many stares, looks, I get, I don't care!!!! I am doing this for me, not anybody else!! They can look and stare all they want. Infact if they want an autographed picture, they can ask me for one!!! :lol3:

Well I guess that is enough for now. lol.............plus I need to take a shower and get to bed........:yawn:

:hug:

tommysgirl18
07-24-2008, 03:15 PM
doing my daily pop in.....

I am thinking of doing one more week of phase 1...since the scale kind of did the opposite effect when I added the carbs in. so, I am either going to do that, or just stick to one carb a day and leave it at that.

My gashes are great......they are closing themselves up and are no longer bleeding. Brandon's hand is looking good. he is doing great with letting me put the medicine on it. I told him that I have to wrap it up at night so the medicine doesn't get all over his bedding. He got up once last night, but I think it was because he fell out of bed.

Sassy~ My goodness you have been busy! That is so exciting about every thing going on at work! I hate doctors that are like that! I especially hate them when they are pediatricians.....or even the doctors at the prompt care when we take the kids in.

Marti~ The neighbor came over after it had happened, when Brandon was sitting with his hand on some ice.

Marti
07-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Morning ladies...

A quick pop in today....

Sassy--How very cool is it that your supervisor is a friend of DH??? Sounds like things are really look up for you Sassy....very happy for you! When you go on that hike.....take your camera and take tons of candid shots! Those are always the best to look at later.

Mindee--Carbs are my enemy!! Don't get me wrong, I do have a sweet tooth, just not a very big one. Chips, popcorn, bread, pasta.........you're doing good on SBD, so do what works for you!

I better get moving....DD is here this weekend so may not get much time online.

You all have a great weekend and I'll chat with you later.

tommysgirl18
07-25-2008, 05:06 PM

I bit the bullet and called the pediatricians office. I explained to the one nurse that we know very well, what had happened, and what we have been doing for his burns and blisters. She said that we have been doing every thing right. Just to make sure that we wrap it while he is playing, but we can let the air get to it at night. To keep putting the silver stuff on it that our neighbor is letting us use. And under no circumstances to pop the blisters that he has....we are to leave them to pop on their own OR they will reabsorb the fluid in them, and then they will shrink and fall off on their own.

My gashes are doing well. The one on my leg is pretty much closed, but I am still putting neosporin on it and covering it with a band aid. the one on my arm, well the top of it has closed, but not the bottom half. so neosporin on those and covering those ones as well.

As of right now, we are not going anywhere this coming weekend.....so we will be staying home or at least in this area. That means, spending time at the pool, walking them over to the park so that they can play, and who knows where else we will end up at or who will end up over here.

thanks for the nice comments on my avatar. I was looking at them last night when I uploaded them, and I thought I saw a difference, but then again, it was late too and I thought that my eyes were playing tricks on me.

I do have to say that the evil ice cream got to me last night. BUT in my defense it tasted really gross! Tommy said "that is because you haven't had sugar in a while, so your body thinks it is an intruder." Fine by me! I won't be eating any more from now on!

We were discussing my birthday party on the way home from the park. He said "all I am providing are the hot dogs, hamburgers, buns, pop, plates and cups. every thing else, some body else can bring." I said "what? I don't get a cake?" He said "well, you don't usually eat cake, and I am not spending 15 dollars on a cake. or maybe I will just make you one."

other then that, nothing really new......besides Logan climbing out of his bedroom window again last night! I swear I don't know what I am going to do with this kid!

Sassy_Chick
07-26-2008, 01:05 AM
Well hate to be the one to bring back my little "black cloud" again, but its back and I have nothing to do with it coming back this time. :no: My DH got fired. :cry: I will not go into details here because its a public forum, but if you want more details, you know how to get a hold of me.

The eating is going well, infact I only eat enough to take my medications, otherwise I probably wouldn't be eating. Mt. Dew, is not so easy. I have cut down.

Well thats all. I am off to bed. My sleep schedule is all messed up now with the "news" my DH woke me up on Thursday to tell me and we had to do some talking and stuff.

We will be fine, I for once am not worried. I told DH "We have been through worse." He keeps feeling like he has "Failed" me cuz well I guess that is that "male gene" thing where they still have feel like they are "providing" for their family. But I reassured him that no, he did not fail me.

Well I'm really off now! lol.

Bye!

tommysgirl18
07-26-2008, 02:44 PM
doing my daily pop in...

I found this really cute new layout for my myspace.....if you have me on your list, go and check it out if you want. I also got my pictures moved around so I don't have as many folders of pictures. a friend of mine always teases me because I have two pages of pictures.

Sassy~ My goodness! I will have to send you a message here in a second.

Marti
07-27-2008, 04:01 PM
A quick pop in here today.....been busy this weekend with DD, did a little running around yesterday and today we're tackling her room!

Sassy--Sorry to hear about DH! Keeping you both in my thoughts that he find a much better job that he loves. And don't consider yourself a black cloud, that's a tough thing to overcome!

Mindee--When you keep your body from certain foods and then end up eating it later on.....you come to realize that its really not as good as we make them out to be! My DD doesn't eat much cake either, so for her BD, she request strawberry shortcake (angel food cake) which is a healthier alternative. And perfect for summer.

Hello to the rest of you girls out there. How are you all doing?

I've got a couple more places to pop in and then it's off the computer. Have a great day ladies.

tommysgirl18
07-27-2008, 05:54 PM

we were supposed to have gone to our nephews birthday party today......but with money being tight and such, we just decided to stay home. Marissa and Logan are laying down, Tommy is sleeping on the couch, and Brandon is picking out what he wants me to make as far as goodies wise.

I am doing good I am up to 229.0 this morning, but you gotta love the baggage that AF brings with her! I am just happy that it isn't any more then that! I have been logging my food since Friday, and I have really changed my eating A LOT! Friday, I was within all the ranges, just above in carbs and low in protein. Yesterday, I was again within all the ranges, just below by one point in the protein area! And that was great for eating pizza last night....oh and a little bit of ice cream too.

Marti~ I like the idea of strawberry shortcake instead of cake......so I will have Tommy make that for me instead if he still offers to make me a cake. I agree with you on the thought about when we eat something that we haven't in a while, it makes us realize that it really isn't as good for us as we originally thought.

Sassy_Chick
07-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Hi All.

Thanks so much for all your wonderful support. :hug:

Yes we will be fine. At first DH was worried, but I reassured him, (that is a first, its usually the other way around!!! lol!) that everything would be just fine.

So now he feels relieved that its over with now, as you all know it has not been easy working here. But I am truly thankful that I am still here. Cuz that is the only source of income right now.

Everybody at work was asking how he is doing. (I just got here) I told everyone "Just fine". They of course want to know more but all I tell them is "If you wanna know more, call DH, I need my job too much to even think about talking about it."

So DH took the "Weekend" off to relax and not think about it and then starting tomorrow he is going to start job searching again. He has put out many many calls and resumes and what not already, but he is gonna follow up on some and apply to more jobs.

In the AM when I get home from work, I have to call our corporate HR about switching our insurance over to me, so that we are insured. I tried doing it Friday morning, but they didn't have him as gone yet in their systems, so they said to try on Monday morning then they can switch everything over and said it will be like nothing ever happened, we won't lose any coverage, which is good. I told DH even if he gets a job with benefits, I'm keeping them here too, just so if something like this happens again, we are prepared. I learned my lesson on that one. :yes:

Also I think once he gets another job and we are "ok" and all, I want to start putting money in the savings, nice to have a little "nest egg" for emergencies. Man I am getting old. Talking about "nest eggs" :p lol.

Anywho, we shall be just fine and I have NOT turned towards food for comfort! :carrot: We did go out for breakfast yesterday with my FIL, he really wanted too, so I did "splurge" then and we also ordered Pizza for lunch cuz it was DH & my day together, so we watched movies and ate pizza. Today so far I've had a chicken salad sandwich. We'll see about lunch (my lunch lol)......

I still haven't gave up my Mt. Dew yet. :( That is a toughie. Esp now. I know that is no excuse to continue drinking it, but wow it is tough!

Big :hug:

tommysgirl18
07-28-2008, 01:54 AM
doing my nightly pop in....

we took the kids for our nightly walk after dinner tonight.....they enjoyed it, and of course there were more boats out in the water tonight then the other night. the swan family was back again tonight, so the kids liked seeing them again.

we talked more about my birthday party. we brought up the idea of having everybody meet us at our place, and then we will walk over to the park and have my party there. Tommy also mentioned about getting me an Oreo pie from a local pie place, if we have the money. I really don't want it.....so I am going to push more for the strawberry shortcake idea. (made with fresh strawberries and Angel Food Cake)

Dixiemae
07-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Hi All.A quick fly by. I weighed in at 195.6 this morning~I think I lost 1.2 in spite of the doughnut I should not have eaten. Catch ya all later. Pat

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/0/48/13/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Marti
07-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Morning girls...

Mindee--I bet the view of the boats in the evening looked amazing! And what a great activity for the entire family, walking after dinner!!

Sassy--You're never too old or too young to be talking about a nest egg!! We have a little saved up....and I mean "little", nothing that would ever keep us out of trouble if we were ever in it! Should really start saving ourselves!

Pat--:wave: And great job on the loss!

Hello to Sue, Angie,Trish, Ellen, Jane, MaryKate,.....oh my gosh, I know I'm missing someone......(sorry if I did) pop in and say hello if you get a chance.

I need to get ready for this dreaded week of work. Hospital opens up in 2 weeks. Not going to be pretty at work until then.

Have a great day ladies.

Sassy_Chick
07-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Afternoon Chicks!! :cool:

Well Here I am home..........Guess who stopped down this morning to see me, at work? My NEW supervisor! :cp: He is VERY nice! He is gonna work on our schedules too cuz they all got messed up when we went under the previous management. :rolleyes:

DH is out running errands and job searching today. I sent him a bunch of jobs and he applied to those this morning.

Marti -- Yeah I guess your right, never too soon to save, esp in this economy, right? ;)

Well I guess I should go to bed now. :( I don't wanna. :cry: I feel like a little kid who doesn't want to go to bed. lol. I don't wanna. lol..............Ah well only two more nights this week and I'm off again!!! :carrot:

Have An Awesome Monday!!!

tommysgirl18
07-28-2008, 04:26 PM
doing my daily pop in....

and early night for all of us tonight...no body took naps today! we will find out here shortly if we can have a garage sale or not. three other people in here want to have one so I am hoping that we can do it!

the boys are sitting on their bikes watching Little Einsteins and Marissa is sitting here next to me in the high chair eating some mashed potatoes from last night.

I got my walk in with Leslie this morning.....now I am hoping to keep it up from here on out. I am going to get into the habit of walking with her in the morning and then taking the walks after dinner with the family.

Marti~ Tommy mentioned a couple of times last night that we should have grabbed the camera. So, I think that from now on we will take it with us when we go over there.

Pat~ You are doing great!!!

Sassy~ That is great to hear about your discussion with your new supervisor!

tommysgirl18
07-29-2008, 01:30 AM
I ended up taking the boys for a bike ride while Tommy changed the door handles. Logan has figured out how to take apart the plastic knob cover and then proceeded to open the door after he was put in bed.

now I am making muffins and cookies for Tommy and the kids....muffins should be done here soon and I should get started on the cookies.

Marti
07-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Mornin' ladies.

Sassy--That is the hardest time to get sleep when you're restless and just want to do "something" rather than sleep! Glad to hear that your Supervisor is a nice guy!

Mindee--Good job on all the walking your doing. I keep doing different exercises on the ExerciseTV channel. This morning was Tae Bo with Billy Blanks.

Got some exercise in this morning and trying to find a healthy lunch to pack....but it looks like I need to go shopping. I didn't even realize that our cupboards and fridge are getting bare!!

Ok ladies, I need to scoot!

Have a great day!

Sassy_Chick
07-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Well I may have spoke too soon about the new supervisor. The reason I say this is because I have a meeting with him in the am, about a work issue, or so he "says" but I see absolutely no evidence of it. It was supposed to be this morning (Tuesday Morning) but I went home sick. So I called him this morning and tried to discuss it, but he just said, "we'll discuss it tomorrow morning" Its not something huge, so I do not understand why we have to meet about it. Also its something I've done for 2 1/2 yrs (since I've been here) and there were absolutely no complaints about it before and there are others who are worse than me! And I do not think I have a problem.

So I guess its my "non-trusting" nature but I have a feeling it is NOT about what he says its about. If not fired, I am not sure. Maybe I won't be canned (fired) but if not, then I just think its about something else...........Oh well. If I am, I am.......:shrug:

Guess I'll find out in the AM. Meanwhile I have 11.5 hrs left of pure **** thinking about it.

tommysgirl18
07-30-2008, 03:15 AM
popping in to see how every one is doing while I upload more pics to my myspace page.....

Sassy~ I am sending you some good vibes. I hope things go well with the meeting.

Marti~ we are going grocery shopping sometime next week...so I already have my list going. thanks for the nice words....I am going to eventually bump it up and try walking for longer distances. but for right now, the park is a great destination for all of us.

Marti
07-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Sassy--I hope your evening didn't drag for you! Hopefully all he wants to do is just talk about things. Keeping fingers crossed that it will be all good.

Mindee--How are you liking SBD? I've been WW at home, and I have to admit, I'm not the best points counter! But I am trying it and it's so close to what I used to do. So, so far so good!

Just finished doing another Billy Blanks video. Feel yesterdays workout today! Feeling energized!! Hopefully it'll help steer me in the right direction!!

Gotta hit the showers.

Have a good one ladies.

tommysgirl18
07-30-2008, 03:07 PM
I have a quiet house with three sleeping kids! that is the highlight of my day......so far! (I haven't gotten the mail yet....so it just might get a little better)

Marti~ I have been a little relaxed shall we say....BUT I am a lot better then I used to be! so, I am still counting it as a step in the right direction.

Sassy_Chick
07-31-2008, 06:47 AM
Morning All. :coffee:

Well once again, you all were right. It was just what my boss said it was about.......Me and my overly dramatic thoughts. :rolleyes: lol. So no big deal and yes I'm still employed!!! :carrot: lol. Who'd a thought that'd be good news to me after all the complaining I've done about that job? Well that job that I've been complaining about is literally putting food on the table! And the big thorn that was once in my side is no more, at least for me. Getting rid of the Weasel was the best thing for our team I do believe! And guess what? Our new supervisor already has approved my time off for the end of September!!! :faint: That would have never happened with the "Weasel"!!! So now we can begin planning and yup we are still going somewhere, I don't care if we go somewhere and camp out, we are going!!! lol.

We are now maybe thinking about Gettysburg and possibly Washington, D.C. But I suppose Savannah, GA is still an option too.

I kinda fell off the wagon a bit but I'm ok, I know I will be just fine. :) DH had a job interview and a job offering. Only thing is its very low pay and further away than we'd like, esp with gas prices the way they are. So he's not gonna take it. He did file for unemployment so we'll see if that goes through. I'm still not worried. :no: I believe in us. :yes: So we'll be just fine.

We are thinking about "downsizing" to a cheaper apt. though. Our rent isn't the problem here, its the stupid ulities that are killing us! Our town has its "own" ulitilities so they are a lot more expensive! Put it this way, we have a 800 sq. feet apt and we pay MORE than my in-laws do for their 1500 sq. feet HOUSE! :yikes:

The only advantage we have here is we have no lease and we have been here a while and the owners do like us. So kind of a toss up. The in-laws have let it be known to us that we are always welcome there, if we need it. That is very sweet, but I'd rather not until we absolutely have too. Plus I believe in my husband and I know he'll find something very soon. If not he said he'd just go and work at Wal-Mart or something for the interim. ;)

Anywho, that is the latest news from "Sassy's Corner" :lol:

tommysgirl18
07-31-2008, 06:21 PM

I took the kids to the pool at lunch time...we didn't stay long! I told them that we would come back after dinner with daddy.

me and my abs are doing well. they still hurt, but hey, no pain no gain, right?

we are going to take the kids to the pool later on....right now Tommy is making dinner.

Sassy~ That is great news about your work!!!

suetalks
08-02-2008, 12:46 PM
My goodness, it is quiet in here. Hope you all have a lovely week-end!

tommysgirl18
08-02-2008, 03:15 PM

I, I mean we, are in serious need of a vacation AWAY from the kids. I put Logan down for a nap, and forgot to put pajamas on him, so I had to go borrow the simple green and clean the room.

I am looking into getting Logan into a head start program here this coming school year! I am calling on Monday, so heres to hoping that there are still some left!!!

Marti
08-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Just a quick pop in for me ladies....

I will be MIA for a week or more. Hospital is opening up next weekend, and we're preparing for the Grand opening with training and getting our lab set up to handle the work load.

Then after the opening , it's going to be getting the lab into a routine and making sure that everything goes smoothly.

So....I will be busy.

I'll pop in when I can. This is also the month where they schedule NO time off for anyone!! (can you believe that?)

Just wanted to let you all know where I'll be.

Chat with you all soon.

tommysgirl18
08-03-2008, 05:22 PM
just a quick pop in......

we are going to the park to hang out with some neighbors. we are going to play some volley ball, horse shoes and who knows what else.

marti~ good luck with every thing!

Sassy_Chick
08-04-2008, 01:13 AM
Hi All.

Sorry nothing too "exciting" going on. DH still job hunting. I'm back to work......fun, fun, fun. lol.

Have a Good one.

tommysgirl18
08-08-2008, 03:05 PM
my goodness, we really have been quiet over here......

any plans for anyone this weekend?

Sassy_Chick
08-10-2008, 11:41 PM
R all the JL's on Vacation? lol.

tommysgirl18
08-11-2008, 01:20 AM
LOL.....I wish I was!

Sassy_Chick
08-11-2008, 01:47 AM
LOL.....I wish I was!

Me TOO!!! Only a little over a month and I will be! :cheer3:

tommysgirl18
08-11-2008, 03:26 AM
if we can find some one to watch the kids, AND HAVE THE MONEY, then we will take one too! so wish us luck that we get a sitter AND win the lotto!

Dixiemae
08-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi All~I had my weigh in this morning. It said 182.2 Moving towards 170!! Everyone have a great day. Catch ya all later Pat

suetalks
08-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Pat- That's great. You have been working hard at it. Good to "see" you.

Hi sassy, Mindee and Marti. Hope you are all okay. Doesn't look like Jane has posted for awhile, or many of the other JL's. Must be a summer thing. Hello to everyone and be good.

tommysgirl18
08-11-2008, 05:13 PM
just doing my pop in while I can, I am waiting for the meat to thaw and then I will be off to the kitchen to make some dinner.

Sassy_Chick
08-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Hi All. :wave:

Yeah I don't think the other JL's like us anymore. :lol: Just teasing. I dunno. I hope everyone is alright!!! :) :hug:

Mindee -- Good Luck on winning the lotto and finding a babysitter! lol. I wish I could win the lotto too. I'd be outta here, that is for sure!!! (work) I'd be taking me a cruise or something! lol. Ya'all wanna go, if I win? lol.

Pat -- WTG!! :woohoo:

Hi Sue!!! :wave:

tommysgirl18
08-12-2008, 01:49 AM
enjoying some peace and quiet since every body is sleeping!

I know Marti is busy with work, but I am not sure about the rest of the ladies.

Sassy~ Tommy wants to take a cruise for our 10th wedding anniversary. After watching a show on the Travel Channel, we might as well just get a hotel for the weekend and hide from the kids!

Sassy_Chick
08-12-2008, 06:34 AM
enjoying some peace and quiet since every body is sleeping!

I know Marti is busy with work, but I am not sure about the rest of the ladies.

Sassy~ Tommy wants to take a cruise for our 10th wedding anniversary. After watching a show on the Travel Channel, we might as well just get a hotel for the weekend and hide from the kids!

Next month will be our 10th Wedding Anniversary, as well as my bday (2 days before), but with our current situation, we probably won't be doing a whole lot, but we will do something!!! lol. We can always celebrate more on my hubby's bday in December, when (hopefully) we have more $$.

tommysgirl18
08-12-2008, 03:21 PM
my birthday is this coming Sunday, so we will just be staying here and having some people over.

our anniversary is in May, usually right around Mother's Day, so I get really spoiled on the years that it actually falls on Mother's Day! Tommy's birthday is in January, so we are generally still trying to recoup from Christmas if we need to

Sassy_Chick
08-13-2008, 01:15 AM
my birthday is this coming Sunday, so we will just be staying here and having some people over.

our anniversary is in May, usually right around Mother's Day, so I get really spoiled on the years that it actually falls on Mother's Day! Tommy's birthday is in January, so we are generally still trying to recoup from Christmas if we need to

HAPPY EARLY BDAY!!!!!!!!!! :celebrate: :bday2you:

tommysgirl18
08-13-2008, 01:53 AM
thank you Sassy!

I hope the rest of the night flies by for you!

Sassy_Chick
08-13-2008, 08:23 AM
thank you Sassy!

I hope the rest of the night flies by for you!

So far, so good, only 2 hrs to go!!! :whoo:

tommysgirl18
08-13-2008, 03:51 PM
I am sure that it all just flew right by!

pattygirl63
08-13-2008, 07:05 PM
:wave:Hi Jaded Ladies,

I thought I would check in. I didn't realize how long it has been since I was here last. We have been busy and I have been really tired lately. I'm not sure what I wrote last. DH fell in the kitchen trying to crush a box to put in the trash and he has been going to chiropractic center. I start this Friday so we will both be even busier for a while.

Mindee - In case I don't make it back her Sunday let me wish you an early :bday2you:. Hope it will be your best ever.

Sassy - :hug: I hope things work out better for you and your DH. Maybe it will turn out better than you hope for and I hope he gets a better paying job than he had and he will enjoy it more.

Pat - :cheer2::cp: On that weight loss. You are doing great.

Sue - :wave: How are you doing? How is your Mom?

Everybody else - :wave:

Catch y'all again when I can.

Hugs,
Trish

tommysgirl18
08-14-2008, 12:52 AM
just popping back in quickly......

Trish~ It is good to hear from you! I hope you and your DH get better soon! thanks for the birthday wishes!

Sassy_Chick
08-15-2008, 07:30 AM
Hey all,

DH got another co. interested in him, its a very very very good co. too. They are holding testing, so he'll have to go to that first..........

Mindee -- You know that last hr at work on Wed. morning just went so ssssllooowwwwww.......I didn't think it was ever gonna end! lol.

Other than that not much to say. We did get caught up on some bills, finally..........figured better get caught up now cuz this was DH's last paycheck. I know we will be just fine. :yes: But sometimes I just cannot help but get a little down........:( I usually pop out of it pretty quick, but I'm only human, I can't help how I feel.........and I started my period so right now my hormones are all crazy too, so I :cry: at a drop of a hat it seems like. Tuesday night was just a cry-baby day, that is what I call those days where you just wanna :cry: and :cry:

So anywho, that is about it from my end...........

tommysgirl18
08-15-2008, 05:16 PM
just popping in right now.........

I have to redo my music playlist on my myspace page because some songs got added on there that I never put on there. and logan is probably tearing apart the bedroom.......but other then that nothing really new!

Tommy wrote out a list of stuff that we will need to get for my party and he has on there angel food cake mix and strawberries! so we are still on for that! he was going to buy my an Oreo Pie from a local pie company. I like the thought, and they say that it does count, but he knows that I am trying to lose weight, so it made me want to look at him and say "what in the he!! are you thinking?" But I just told him no thank you, and that I had already told him what I wanted for my birthday.

Sassy~ Good luck to your hubby on the testing!!!

bigfatmama
08-15-2008, 05:33 PM
hi every 1 im Phil and from ireland im 35 married and have 2 sons ages 8yrs and 2yrs. im hoping to lose 70lbs and started my diet 2 weeks ago. problem is i weighed myself today and havent lost anything i just broke down in tears cos i know i have tried hard and this just seems pointless. love love to hear from u for ideas support or just a good old chat.

tommysgirl18
08-16-2008, 03:24 AM
doing my pop in kind of later then usual, since Miss "I don't want to sleep" had to go out for a walk. so we went twice around the complex, then came back home, and after I laid her back in bed, I do some arm exercises and some crunches.

I really should be in bed since the kids will be up early, and I will be the one running the show since Tommy has to work until noon. Then when he gets home and cleaned up we are going out to the Dream Cruise. (a HUGE car show where they basically block up one of the main roads with a TON of old cars, either for show or on the road) It is a lot of fun, and it always seems to happen the weekend of my birthday.

come to find out, my one sister whose daughter was born on the 20th of this month, is having her birthday party on Sunday. mind you, she never told us about it, I found out from one of my sisters that I invited over here. so needless to say, none of my family will be at my party on Sunday. Which really pisses me off, but it just goes to show that even though I am the baby of us older girls, being the baby doesn't mean squat!

Phil~ Welcome to the group!!! We are in the same boat, although I haven't been the greatest at the exercising, but I am building myself up again. And just because the scale hasn't moved, that doesn't mean anything! Have you been working out? If you have, you could be building up muscle!