South Beach Diet - Started SBD today, was wondering...

Evelyn48
07-19-2008, 11:30 AM
In the book , like this morning had scrammbled eggs and ham, but it didn't say how many eggs or how much ham? Do you eat as much as you want? Just got the book yesterday and am confused..:dizzy: Congrats to all of you, I hope to do as well as you all are doing..Learning more from here then the book.:D

Evelyn

Belle Mer
07-19-2008, 12:25 PM
When I have ham and eggs, I usually have 2 eggs and one slice of ham, and I include peppers and onion to make it a western omelet. This way I get some veggies.

There aren't really portion sizes in SBD. I think the best thing is to consider how active you are, and what is an average portion for your body and level of activity.

Do try and have some veggies or tomato or v8 juice with each meal, even breakfast, and don't worry too much about the portion sizes.

Evelyn48
07-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Okay, thank you, I did have the V8 juice, level of activity, has to be worked on..I will remember to add a few veggies to it....Fist time in my life I have had to diet, don't know what happed the last 4 years..lol

ladybugnessa
07-19-2008, 12:50 PM
standard line is 3 oz protein for lunch and dinner to start if hungry after that have more..

for breakfast in phase 1 2 eggs and some canadian bacon or turkey bacon or ham and/or cheese and veggies should be fine.

now i have 1 egg, some egg whites and veggies for breakfast on the weekends...

phase 1 tends to be a bit protein heavy....

good luck to you.

Evelyn48
07-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Thank you Nessa for the tips, I love being able to talk to a season dieter...your stats look great, keep em going..!!

Evelyn

SunshineCA
07-20-2008, 01:38 AM
Welcome to "The Beach"!! :)

Best of luck to you! :)

thunderbegone
07-20-2008, 08:53 PM
I would limit egg yolks and ham. I have alot of egg whites every morning (4) and usually one piece of canadian bacon or one slice of lean ham.

chronicdieter
07-20-2008, 09:55 PM
:welcome2:
I make egg cups -they last me all week..... Just take a muffin tin, a little Pam.... line with Turkey bacon strips, and fill with a mixture of egg whites (add one or two eggs if you wish), diced green peppers, scallions, mushrooms and a shot of tabasco....top with a bit of shredded lo fat cheese and bake at 350 for about 12 minutes...lasts great all week long...two every morning with a glass of vegetable juice make a great breakfast!!!!!
We're so glad you are here!!!!:carrot:

thunderbegone
07-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Wow, those egg cups sound delicious. I am going to make those tomorow for the rest of the week. Thanks!