South Beach Diet - Weekend Chat - July 19 & 20

View Full Version : Weekend Chat - July 19 & 20

Ruthxxx
07-19-2008, 06:49 AM
Hot and muggy here, Beachies, The two dogs went out for potty, had breakfast and are now lying beside the cool air register. Dogs know how to live!

A relatively quiet weekend ahead. Donna comes to clean today and my tidying is already done. I plan to do The Big Cook when she's through in the kitchen. I want some things on hand for the Pyper visit starting Monday, have Fair cooking to do and need to make something for a post-funeral lunch on Tuesday. Hmmm - that doesn't sound like a quiet weekend but I'll sneak in little islands of peace.

Right now, I'm going to take my second coffee and the weekly newspaper out onto the front porch. (There's no cat convention going on out there lately since I put Bounce sheets in the cushions.)

I hope your weekend is a good one with lots of peaceful places.

CyndiM
07-19-2008, 07:10 AM
Good morning Ruth :wave: Sounds like a not so quiet weekend! I hope you have ac in that kitchen.

Hot, stormy and muggy here too. I'm going to try to get out for a walk in the next couple of hours before it gets impossible. We also have air quality warnings, so big incentive not to do too much aerobic stuff during the day :(

Camping was wonderful! We discovered one of those places we can't believe we haven't been to before. It was beautiful and quiet and absolutely what we were looking for. We are thinking about going back in September because we didn't have much time this week. I did ride my bike on a dirt trail for the first time. 13 miles! We also did a little hiking and some swimming. The pond had a loon family with two chicks so I got to listen to them during the night. I love the sounds of loons.

Weekend looks quiet. I'll be running the dehydrator in the back hall and doing what I can in the heat.

What's on everyone else's agenda?

Ruthxxx
07-19-2008, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the dehydrator, CyndiM. It does throw off a lot of heat. I may run mine outside if I do zucchini chips today. Yes, my kitchen is definitely air-conditioned - if I can keep Hershey from lying on top of the vent!
I'll save any oven use until after supper just to keep thing bearable during the day.

Loriann7
07-19-2008, 08:06 AM
Ruth, have fun cooking. HHMMMM, where do i find one to do my cleaning?

Cyndi, glad you found a new retreat place, I love finding places as such!

Lets see, busy day today. almost finished with the kitchen, have a few piles of paper to discard, file and pay! They will be here in the den in a few mins! I have to get out there and do the work my son never did, tie the branches into bundles, mow the lawn and mow the neighbors lawn. He was throwing up yesterday, I fear it might of been poisining from the shrimp he ate at Applebee's.

Jade had a huge tuft of hair that was sticking out, when I pulled it, a good two inches thick, she has another but i didn't notice till she was outside, I'll pull it when she comes back in. I'm hoping it's just shedding and not mange. Not sure where'd she get that as she is strickly inside unless out for potty breaks or for a walk with me!

Loriann7
07-19-2008, 08:07 AM
Oh yeah! I forgot, scale was down to 179.5 today! and bp is down to 122/84 this morning!!!!! that from a wopping 189/109, I'LL TAKE IT!!!!!

Lulumum
07-19-2008, 08:33 AM
Morning all :)

Ruth, it sounds like your weekend won't be all that quiet!

Cyndi, the camping trip must have been wonderful- so peaceful.

Loriann, congrats on the weight loss and bp drop- that's awesome!

I don't have much planned for this weekend, but I really have to get into gear with planning for our vacation- we're leaving on Wednesday and I haven't done anything yet...aarggh! Getting 6 people ready for a trip is quite an undertaking (not to mention organizing care for the 2 dogs, guinea pig, 2 gerbils, giant millipede and fish!!).
Anyway, hopefully I'll find some time to be in the pool with my boys and make headway with the housework and laundry (AKA Mt. Washmore).

Enjoy your weekend everyone :).

weezle
07-19-2008, 09:03 AM
OY. Morning girlies! I'm a wee bit pooped today. Gonna be another day of visiting Grandma at the hospital and then tonight a travel presentation. Just stopping in to say hi quickly. Have a good Saturday!

Lisa

ladybugnessa
07-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Oh yeah! I forgot, scale was down to 179.5 today! and bp is down to 122/84 this morning!!!!! that from a wopping 189/109, I'LL TAKE IT!!!!!

this bears repeating..

woo-hoo nice numbers

morning all

i already took a shower i need another one already

going gaming tonite but no errands today (well i need carrots and romaine)

dogs are sleeping by me
coffee is brewed
might swim this afternoon

hmacneil6
07-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Morning Ladies! Happy Saturday!
Ruth - Sounds like you've got quite the eventful weekend, considering you said it would be lazy. However, I know you enjoy your cooking, so have a nice time with that....even if it does heat the house up.

Cyndi - Glad to hear that you and Julie found a new spot. Don't you just love exploring new places. It always makes me feel so alive. And from the summer squash thread......I so wish that I lived close by as well.....bummer!

Loriann - Congrats on the weighloss and bp! That's fantasitic! Keep up the great work. And it sounds like with all the work you're doing outside today, that shouldn't be a problem.

Lulu - That's quite the zoo you've got over there. Good luck trying to get everything in order before your vacation.

Weezle - Glad to hear your grandmother is continuing to do well. Good luck on your presentation tonight.

Nessa - Have a peaceful Saturday.

Me - Early morning at the USO, and there's a good dozen soldiers and family members sleeping right now, so in an hour or so it's going to get hoppin'! After USO today, we're taking the dogs to the Vet for shots and to get their nails clipped. They won't be excited....they're not a fan of the vet and shots AND nails might make them very cranky pups. I then have to go pick up stuff for a co-worker's baby shower that's next weekend. And then tonight we're off to our standing poker night, which is always a blast and there's never a shortage of wine. So I've got a full day ahead.
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!
ENJOY!!!

Barb0522
07-19-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm in pretty good shape for today's party. I got the mowing done last night. I finished the weedwacker this morning, pulled weeds and pulled out some vines growing in the bushes (including some poison ivy). I didn't get it all but enough to where visitors won't brush up against it. I'll know in a few days if I got the oil off of me soon enough.

I have a little cleaning to do in here and then need to pull out extra chairs and tables. Brian will be with his dad this afternoon when I get the last of the food and at least 40 pounds of ice. I have 35 people confirmed but 10 families I haven't heard from so it could be a lot larger. I modified my strawberry pie and turned it into a sugarfree strawberry banana pie (crustless) so I'll see how that variation is. I still couldn't find wax beans so my 3 beans salad has green beans, kidney beans and garbonzo beans. I wish I had time to make deviled eggs but I need to remember that everyone else is bringing sides and desserts so I shouldn't try to do too much.

zeffryn
07-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Morning.

Sitting here with a cup of Lemon Zinger tea making a library list.

Meeting up with the extended family for coffee at 11, then going to lunch. Probably Greek/Lebanese food.

Afterwards, going to the grocery store to pick up stuff for homemade salsa and bruschetta. I signed up to take some snacks over to SIL's house for tonight...she is hosting some PPV fights. I picked salsa and DH picked bruschetta....should be an interesting combination of snacks. :)

I've already showered...so I think I'm going to try and sneak a nap before we leave....way too late of a night last night. *yawn*

have a great Saturday, ladies. :)

Belle Mer
07-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Good afternoon. Sounds like everyone is up and getting their day started. I'm settling in to write. I spent the morning cleaning.

Loriann congrats on the numbers!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!

cottagebythesea
07-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Good afternoon! I just realized that I never posted in here this morning! :dizzy:

Bel Mer, now that you have your cleaning done, I hope you can play the rest of the weekend!

Zeffryn, I hope you have a nice visit at your SIL's this evening. I read what happened to you and little Calvin yesterday, what a horrendous experience! It's such a shame that there are still people like that in today's world. :( Thankfully, there are more good people than bad. I think you did the right thing by just leaving the store, though. :hug:

Barb, I hope the party is a huge success and everyone has a blast! Wish Brian a very happy, but belated, birthday from me!

Heather, it sounds as if you have a very full ahead of you! Are you getting your new car this weekend, too?

Nessa, have fun and good luck gaming tonight!

Weezle, your grandmother has been in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything is going well. Take care of yourself, too.

Lulu, you must be getting excited, thinking about your vacation! I just finished my two weeks, but I wish it was starting all over again. Where are you going?

Loriann, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! You've worked hard for this victory, doesn't it feel great? :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Cyndi, I'm glad you had a great camping trip! And, yes, thanks for the heads up concerning the dehydrator. I'll have to keep that in mind when I use mine, which hopefully will be tomorrow. I'm eager to try the zucchini chips, and I want to dry some blueberries now, while they're still in season and at a good price.

Ruth, I hope you are enjoying a peaceful day today before your houseguests arrive for the week!

I just finished putting some vegetables, steak and shrimp in marinades for kabobs for this evening's supper. Monica, Caitlyn, and Carley are coming out to spend the day and swim this afternoon, and I think Caite's boyfriend is coming, too. We picked up some fresh corn at an Amish farmstand, so we're having that, too, and I made a peach/blueberry cobbler and SF strawberry yogurt pie for dessert. Her boyfriend can do some serious eating, so I want to make sure I have plenty of food around for him. ;)
It's pretty close to 100* outside right now, I'm surprised the water in the pool isn't boiling!

Pearlrose
07-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Hello, spent the morning playing softball with families from our old church, had a wonderful time me and the kids. Off to go school shopping with my 2dd have a wonderful afternoon ladies

jandaman
07-19-2008, 02:01 PM
hi chicas! have been MIA for a while as i didn't have internet access after the move and i have been lurking around because i haven't been on plan for close to 3 weeks now. just feel weak-willed and ashamed:o
hope to scramble back atop that wagon soon, tho!
enjoy your respective weekends and see you 'round

Loriann7
07-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Janda, welcome back! The most awesome thing about the beach is you just pick right back up where you ended, or start another week, on p1!

Rose, Glad you enjoyed the day with old church family and blood family!

Thx Linda! Belle, hmac!, and Nessa! It sure felt good to see the weight under 180, but what was more pleasing was the BP! And I tested it after two cups of Java, and it was 136/93 which is still an awesome number!!!!

Yelie
07-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Well I am going to hop right in here since Loriann so kindly invited me :) Thanks for the warm welcome!!

As for me, today through Wednesday are going to be crazy busy as we have family coming in and our whole city is filled with out of towners for our big rodeo and night shows. Today we went to the parade and now the kiddos are napping before we go meet with my mom and sisters who are in town for dinner. Then tomorrow night we are going to the Rascall Flatts/Taylor Swift concert- should be fun!! I will try to pop in but if I dont have the chance I will be back full time again Thursday ;)

Everyone have a great weekend!!

Lulumum
07-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Lulu, you must be getting excited, thinking about your vacation! I just finished my two weeks, but I wish it was starting all over again. Where are you going?

Cottage, I am looking forward to it! We are heading to Seattle to visit with my brother and his family- haven't seen them in over a year so it will be great. We're in western NY so it's quite a trip for us. On the way back we're stopping in Minneapolis and renting a houseboat on the Mississippi, which my sons have been really looking forward to :).

choices
07-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Hi to all of you, I've been off the SB wagon for some time,and want to climb back on...don't know exactly what happened..as far as the falling off part...but that was then,and here I am in the now...still wanting to shed some poundage. I was successful during,and after the first two wks...something happened after that..and my disipline was abandoned~sigh:o However, I have forgiven myself many times,and have begun a walking program this yr. and was able to knock off 5additional lb.s just from walking almost daily. I feel good about that.:D I do have a question..In phase two, which I am not in now (yet) are the south beach bars allowed? Those have kept me out of many many drive inn's..as I keep one in my purse always for emergency's...:devil:then I don't really have a excuse..although being a former Excuse Queen..I always can find a reason/rational to go though the drive through. Nice to meet you,and I look forward to sharing support.~Choices~;)

zeffryn
07-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Choices -

They are allowed on P2 and 3, but make sure you eat them in moderation....they do contain actual sugar (which I have no idea why...)....but count them in your daily grains/fruit consumption. I do believe they have at least one grain serving (maybe two) and the fruity ones have a serving of fruit as well.

A better choice would probably be a piece of fresh fruit or veggies....you could throw in a cheese stick as well...

CyndiM
07-19-2008, 05:37 PM
:welcome3: Choices!

If you aren't using the bars as meal replacement but just as snacks I'd suggest checking out either Nec*tar or Gnu bars. Both are just fruit, whole grains, and nuts and both are yummy. Neither has enough protein to be meal replacement bars but make great between meal fillers. Real food is always best, as Zeffryn recommended but I know sometimes I need something I can toss in my purse for emergencies.

zeffryn
07-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Agreed, Cyndi.

How are Gnu bars? I've been eying them lately.

CyndiM
07-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Agreed, Cyndi.

How are Gnu bars? I've been eying them lately.

I really like them. Banana walnut is my favorite, probably because banana bread is something I never make at home. Yum :) The brownie and cranberry orange are also good. I use them when I'm out hiking/biking/exercising. They are a good pick me up.

Ruthxxx
07-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Oy! What a day!

My sister and BIL dropped in mid-morning after canoing up to the Island on the Upper Lake. They stayed for lunch. Donna came and cleaned (and did the lunch dishes) and then Claire came over to see the new power washer. :shrug: (I think she wanted to get away from her company.) Wendy spotted me in my lane as she drove by and came in for a visit and chat about the garden club. I had just had a bath and changed into my visiting Harry clothese when Suzie dropped in with a load of stuff for the August yard sale. We had a long chat which she needed (son is bipolar and having troubles) and took the stuff up to the Church. So...it's now after seven and too late to visit Harry. I am going to get into my robe, have a glass of wine and decompress. Nothing got done today off my list although I did buy rum for the rum cake.

Just now my phone rang - my neighbour is out on the Lake and wants me to go turn off the hose for his pool!

After that I am going to go into recluse mode! I just changed my avatar to see if that helps for tomorrow!

indigal
07-20-2008, 12:51 AM
Hello everyone,
Just a quicky fly by.... Today was my weigh day....I'm down 1.4 lbs!!!
That works for me. We are in a severe drought still, no rains, wells in nearby village are dried up. (Ruth~ Do a rain dance with your power sprayer for rural India!)
Well gotta get off the computer and get some work down....

SunshineCA
07-20-2008, 01:12 AM
Hello everyone! Looks like everyone had a busy day. :)

My Mom is home from the hospital! :D I picked her up today. We hit Barnes & Nobles and the supermarket. She's doing well. The doctor gave her the A-Ok. She just needs to watch what she eats so her pancreas doesn't have to work overtime. He suggested a bland diet for a while until her body readjusts. He gave her a new prescription as well.

I had a pretty good day. I stayed legal regardless of the temptations that came my way. :) Proper planning makes a huge difference! ;)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend...............:o)

Loriann7
07-20-2008, 06:36 AM
I had a pretty good day. I stayed legal regardless of the temptations that came my way. :) Proper planning makes a huge difference! ;)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend...............:o)

Planning and journaling are key to the success. If I don't plan, I do lousy.

Ruthxxx
07-20-2008, 06:38 AM
Misty morning here - in fact it's actually raining. What a summer! At least the grass hasn't turned to Shredded Wheat as it has in summers past.

Today there is no Church because of a community service in Athens so I will tackle some of yesterday's To Do List before 11 when Disney and I head for Kingston for our last class. We will visit Harry on our way home.

The Fair midway comes in to set up tonight. I must be sure the big gates are open so I don't have carnies on my doorstep at 3 AM looking for the key! They are a really nice bunch of people and I shouldn't call them carnies but the village goes on alert when they're here. "Lock up you daughters!" although we only once had a problem with a teen and she was back home in 12 hours.

I am now going to take my second coffee onto the porch and have a "moment" before cranking up the day. (I think my battery is running a bit low and will need frequent re-charging this week!) Don't worry if I'm not around much as I'll have the Fair and the Hyper Pypers for the week and the funeral on Tuesday.

Loriann7
07-20-2008, 06:39 AM
Good morning all, a quick hello as I have a friend coming over at 9 to do some work if the rain lets up. That means I need to get off of here and answer some of the questions he left me with last weekend. If I don't he'll feel bad. I got up half hour ago or so, dishes done, had my bowl of cereal with half banana and coffee is brewing. Today is week one of P2. I thought I'd try introducing Kashi Go Lean cereal. I have what is considered a serving. I also reintroduced banana. I'll see if it's going to work for me or not. Have to try it for cereal is the easiest when working. Which I'm hoping tomorrow's second interview will land me the job!

Have a great day today ladies!

cottagebythesea
07-20-2008, 06:40 AM
Ugh, the air is thick with humidity already. I thought I'd open all the doors and windows to air out the house this morning, but it never cooled off overnight. So today will be spent in the air-conditioned comfort of the house or floating around in the pool. Hopefully we'll get the predicted thunderstorms this evening to cool things down a bit.
Remember to stay hydrated!

CyndiM
07-20-2008, 07:12 AM
ugh, hot here too. We are expecting thunderstorms all day so don't even know if I will be able to get outside.

Indigal - :carrot:

Sunshine - Wow, great job avoiding temptation. I love that you stopped at Barnes & Noble on the way home. That's the sort of thing we would do in my family too :)

LoriAnn - Good luck with P2.

Ruth - This would have been the year to grow rice! Have a fun week with plenty of recharging as needed :)

Cottage - So far the thunderstorms haven't done a thing for us but I keep hoping. How do you dry your blueberries? I tried some last year and they took forever and weren't that great. Now I freeze them or make leather.

Lulu - Sounds like a wonderful vacation! I don't think we ever camped anywhere in western NY (though we did live there a couple of years) but did go all over the Adirondacks. We still go to Lake Harris (Harris Lake?) now and then - probably in August for a few nights, but the drive is longer now so we tend to go toward the White or Green Mtns more.

janda - good to see you back! You know the drill, back to P1 and onward ;)

Zeff - I love Greek and Lebanese food :drool: Now I'm going to have to dig through recipes to find something yummy for dinner.

Heather - I'm always happy to find less crowded places to explore. Sometimes I just need solitude. Hope last night was fun!

Nessa - How's that ankle doing? I noticed you're still getting exercise in. You are one feisty woman!

Yellie, Pearl, Belle, Barb, Weezle :wave:

My first batch of zucchini chips are ready so I need to get them into an air tight container. The zukes I bought were so large that three made 7 trays of chips! I will process the other half this morning and see if I can buy more at the stand. I hope my extra roll-up trays show up tomorrow so I can spend the week making blueberry leather. It's the time of year when I should be running my dehydrator constantly.

Have a good day everyone

femmecreole
07-20-2008, 07:44 AM
Morning all...quickly posting. It's been a very "social" weekend and today I have to go pick my precious MIL up at the airport so she can come spend a few days with us. So I need to tackle cleaning this house so I won't be mortified when we get home.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Pacergal29
07-20-2008, 07:46 AM
What a weekend already! I am hoping for some peace today.

Yesterday morning I was enjoying my oatmeal and coffee after a morning walk with my newly purchased nikeplus shoes (luuuuuuuuv them!) when DH comes running in, "we have to go now!" Seems my brother-in-law had attempted suicide. We arrived at the house as they were bringing him down from upstairs. He clamined to have taken 65 pills.

Well I took the baby home with me while they all went to the hopital. Long story short his blood levels all came back fine, hospital says he didn't take anything and is a very good actor. This man needs some serious help.

Then I had to go pick up a daybed for DD which of course meant cleaning and rearranging 2 rooms in the house. Didn't have that finished before the baby was back again and then shopping for groceries and dinner out with a 17 month old, haven't done that in years! But i did buy her the cutest darn pair of flip flops ever that she was so proud of and apparently would not take off to goto bed lastnight!

So here I am, laundry started, coffee in hand and not a peep to be heard in the house. Going to do some recipe searching, have a great one girls!

Pearlrose
07-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Good morning Chickies,

I am sore this morning from softball yesterday, guess three hours of using muscles you haven't used that way in a loooong time makes a difference hehe.

No time for personals right now as we are headed off to church.

Have a great Sunday Ladies!

Kim_Star060404
07-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Hi everyone! DH and I have SO much going on right now. Yesterday we cleaned part of the house, did the yard, laundry and played some badminton. I also whipped up two batches of pasta salad and a batch of cappuccino muffins to take to DH's boss' tonight. We're going over to discuss his wife's baby shower. (I'm hosting). Plus, we're leaving for a long weekend camping trip on Thurs., so we're pulling things out for that and making sure it's all clean and working. We get to use our tent for real camping for the first time. (It's only been used in the back yard.)

After church we have our salad supper and then finishing the house cleaning (only two rooms to go). We are also planning on more badminton. I'll of course iron for the three days we work this week and then tonight we go-a-visitin'. I didn't finish my grandma's afghan, so I'm hoping to work on it while watching Funny Face after we get home.

BTW, I'm feeling much better than I was on Friday. Aunt Flow was on her way and I didn't recognize her. Glad it was her and not a real illness.

Belle Mer
07-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Good morning. I hope everyone has a lovely day. I don't have too much going on today, so I'll be doing a little of this, and a little of that. Maybe a movie on DVD tonight.

Have a great Sunday!!

ladybugnessa
07-20-2008, 11:54 AM
SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY....

gonna swim
gonna go to Costco for a few things ugh....
left leg is swollen between the bone cyst and the popiteal (bakers) cyst in my knee... i swear my left leg is twice the size of my right.

i feel old...

it's HOT HOT HOT here.

zeffryn
07-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Super hot here. ugh.

Wanted to get some gardening done....but I don't want to even think about it in this heat.

Both DH and DS are still sleeping...it was a late night last night. Thinking about making waffles and coffee...that should wake them up ;)

We're planning to go visit the extended family (SIL leaves tomorrow) after they get home from church this afternoon. I'll be glad to get back into my regular routine after SIL leaves.

Bought a bunch of greek yogurt yesterday - haven't had it in awhile...I can't wait to dig in and top it with some fresh blueberries and strawberries.

Have a nice day, girls.

Barb0522
07-20-2008, 03:05 PM
The staff party was so much fun last night. About 35 people came but we managed to find room in the backyard around the pool. Our new district executive and his wife came so they got to meet some of the most active scouters in the district. I enjoyed talking to some people that I don't see very much any more and I had a great time in the pool too. The last people left around 11:30. I have just about everything cleaned up now. I just need to mop from where they tracked pool water and dirt into the house.

Terri and I have planned the junior staff party for next Saturday at my house and I got the invitations emailed out this morning. I've got enough food so I shouldn't need to buy very much.

We even chose a date for next year's Twilight Camp!

choices
07-20-2008, 03:09 PM
:welcome3: Choices!

If you aren't using the bars as meal replacement but just as snacks I'd suggest checking out either Nec*tar or Gnu bars. Both are just fruit, whole grains, and nuts and both are yummy. Neither has enough protein to be meal replacement bars but make great between meal fillers. Real food is always best, as Zeffryn recommended but I know sometimes I need something I can toss in my purse for emergencies.

Thanks for the sweet welcome...always feels good. I will check out those Gnu bars..when I get to ph.2,when in a tough spot,it's good to have something that will hold me until I get home where I can eat some real food.

zeffryn
07-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Ugh. I need to get back on the good food bus. I've been with family a lot these past few days and we've been eating out like crazy. My fingers are swollen like crazy from all the excess sodium. I'm happy that tomorrow will be home-cooked food again. I feel so icky!

My SIL crabbed at me yesterday for still following SBD....she said that dieting wasn't healthy for the baby. I told her that I wasn't following it strictly, and I added more of what the baby needed...but having something to follow really helps me get what is healthy and remove the crap....also, it helps me eat at regular intervals - it's amazing how easy it is to forget to eat when you're chasing a toddler.

SunshineCA
07-21-2008, 01:31 AM
Planning and journaling are key to the success. If I don't plan, I do lousy.

Exactly!! Every time I've fallen off the plan I could attribute a great part of my failure to not keeping up with my journal. Also, losing touch with a support group such as this. Having the accountability makes a huge difference!

SunshineCA
07-21-2008, 01:40 AM
Sunshine - Wow, great job avoiding temptation. I love that you stopped at Barnes & Noble on the way home. That's the sort of thing we would do in my family too :)

Thanks! I've had enough of the Yo-Yo dieting. I can't afford to fall victim to temptation anymore. I've taken my control back! ;)

cottagebythesea
07-21-2008, 06:13 AM
My SIL crabbed at me yesterday for still following SBD....she said that dieting wasn't healthy for the baby.

That just goes to show how uneducated some people are about the South Beach Diet. It's one of the healthiest way of eating around! You are totally eliminating processed foods! You are eating tons of fruits and vegetables! You are eating whole grains and lots of beans! How can she say this is not healthy for your baby????? :dizzy: The only thing I would change is to have more than the recommended amount of dairy and more protein, but you already are aware of that. :)

Ruthxxx
07-21-2008, 06:39 AM
Zeff, don't let her get to you. Maybe you should just eliminate SIL from your diet!