Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 08:55 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Unhappy Weekend Woes

Well, once again I couldn't manage to control myself this weekend and I'm beating myself up on Monday!!! Saturday was OK, we went to dinner and split everything, the appetizer, meal and dessert. Sunday I ate OK at Brunch, but then I HAD to blow the rest of the day having sweets, pizza and ice cream. I'm not upset that I ate out Saturday and Sunday and didn't do perfect. I AM upset that I didn't drink my water Saturday OR Sunday and I blew the rest of Sunday after Brunch. When will I gain enough self-control to let one bad meal be just that, ONE bad meal. Why do I always have to go off the deep end????
Old 03-25-2002, 09:14 AM   #2  

Sandi..STOP beating yourself up. Your not alone and your not crazy. Why do we all go off the deep end? That is a good question. But were human and we make mistakes. No sense in beating yourself up, it won't change anything.

(remind me the same thing when it's my turn, lol)

Take a moment and remember this feeling. The feeling of anger and guilt at yourself. Remember it and then throw those feelings out. When you are tempted again, when you feel yourself going off the deep end, remember these feelings again. Ask yourself, "Do I want to feel bad again? Do I want to be dissapointed in myself? Will this make me feel better or worse?" Ask yourself those questions before you go off the deep end. Or even during it. I am sure your will stop any temptations that your having.

When I allow myself to even think while am going off the deep end, these thoughts will help me. But as we all know, sometimes, we don't allow ourselves to think when were sabotaging our weightloss.

Keep your chin up, drink some water and be nice to yourself. You could have done alot worse. And now your going to do alot better.

XoxoxoX
Old 03-25-2002, 09:20 AM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Sandi, don't beat yourself up over it. We've all been there and we'll probably be there again.

What you need to now is look at what happened and figure out why it happened. Were you upset or emotional in some way, was somebody getting on your case, were you bored or frustrated about something, were you stuck in the house with nothing to do? What led you to eat the sweets, pizza and ice cream? I don't know if you were at home eating this stuff or out at the mall or someone else's house. I tend to overindulge when I am at home so when I feel the urge to eat stuff I know I shouldn't I try to find something to keep my busy or to get out of the house altogether. If you can go outside for a walk instead of eating that might help reduce the cravings.

What do you think sent you down this road?
Old 03-25-2002, 10:53 AM   #4  
Losin It For GOOD!

Sandi - never beat yourself up. I still love the phrase:

ONE DAY AT A TIME, NO GUILT, MOVE ON!!!!!
ONE DAY AT A TIME, NO GUILT, MOVE ON!!!
Say it with me now.

I too was off program ALL weekend. It was bad. But I woke up this morning, and the scale hadn't budged up or down, so I'm not giving myself ANY grief. It's a really vicious cycle that we need to avoid. I find that I say "Man I screwed up, I can't do this.. I give up." I can't do that anymore. It needs to be, I had a bad weekend, I usually do, but I have ALL Week to work on getting down. Its not saying "I HAVE TO STAY ON PROGRAM" but "This weekend I am going to make GOOD choices for myself". (which I did for the most part!!)

I'm just glad the weekend is over so now I can get some REST!!!
Old 03-26-2002, 09:24 AM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Thanks you guys. Well I quit beating myself up and had a great Monday and am on my way to having a great week!!!!

Love Ya!!!!
Closed Thread