South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-18-2008, 09:07 AM   #1  
IP start June 11, 2014

Default ABC NEWS:Low-carb diet best for weight loss

I just heard a blurb about this on the news the other day. Channel 3 news here in VT covered how diets such as South Beach, Atkins and mediterranean diets had the best success and lowered cholesterol. Here is a link to a similar article..
oops, can't post the link, but if you Google the headline, you will find several recent coverages.

Now...if I can just stick to it and quick my sugar habit

Last edited by kelligirl; 07-18-2008 at 09:10 AM. Reason: mistake
kelligirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I saw that broadcast the other night. It reinforced what I knew for myself for a long time. When I was following SBD consistently when it first came out, I lost 30+ lbs. but I also felt much better, had more energy, and didn't feel deprived. I did miss a few foods like corn and potatoes and it was when I started making occasional "planned cheats" that I gradually got swept completely out to sea. But the important thing is I've made it back to the beach. I decided to start right off with P2 but only allowing 1 P2 food daily. I've not had cravings and I avoided the P1 headache. Although I would have liked to see a greater loss this week (like the kind most people have with P1) I am quite pleased with 2 lbs.
knittwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:08 AM   #3  
Slow and sure chick

It's good research by people with lots of experience in the field.

The problem is that the low carb and mediterraen dieters only lost 10.2 pounds in 2 years! The low fat was worse, only 5.9 pounds in 2 years!

Losing 10 pounds in 2 years is not my idea of weight loss! I could do that using a tablespoon less milk in my morning coffee!

ARGH!!!!
Watercolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:00 PM   #4  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

I'd hazard a guess, though, that that 10.2lb is actually the AVERAGE overall loss - that some people will have lost a shedload more than that, and some people will have dropped out entirely, or lost and regained (because there are always people who think that they can do a short-term 'diet', rather than make a lasting lifestyle change). Overall, that's still pretty cheering - especially since it's nearly double the low-fat figure!
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:47 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligirl View Post
Channel 3 news here in VT
Woo hoo another Vermonter
Welcome
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:47 AM   #6  

I saw this story on ABC7 the other morning.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote