30-Somethings - 30 Something chat Thur July 17th

View Full Version : 30 Something chat Thur July 17th

GatorgalstuckinGA
07-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Morning all...didn't get a walk in this am...but i will try tonight. I have been so tired these last few days...but i think working 6 days a week will wear you out.

Alright all..i'm off to get ready for dinner. Good luck to all today!

hollymommy
07-17-2008, 08:11 AM
I am a newbie, and let me tell you, it is very overwhelming and hard to keep up with everyone! Hopefully I will get the hang of it soon! I can't remember anyone's names...but here goes....
-to the one who's sick, hope you feel better soon
-to the one with the leg pain, that sucks!
-deviated septum, yay, congrats on getting the splints and stuff off soon
-to all who worked out yesterday - good for you!
-to anyone who gave me advice, thanks!
-and to anyone I missed....good morning and I hope you have a good day!!
:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:
Holly

LBH
07-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Mornin' All! :coffee:

Holly, :lol: You know, if you're posting on the same day, using "quick reply" you can just scroll back up to see who you're answering. If you "go advanced", you can scroll down and you'll see the posts! :) For something like today, I usually try to take a few notes down and then come here and post. But, what you did is just fine, we'll figure out who we are! :lol3: I just wanted to let you know that, in case you didn't know!

It's going to be hot, 91° today...and up to 100° tomorrow!! :yikes: Thank goodness I'll be inside at work most of the day!

hollymommy
07-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Lauren,
Well, I was doing that the last couple of days....but since I am at work and just popping in to see what's going on, I don't have a lot of time. I am going to try to keep track of who's who, and taking notes is a good idea if I have the time! thanks!!:)
Holly

poppyseeds
07-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Good morning all. So far my leg feels pretty good today so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Gatorgal... thanks for the suggestion. I have fibromyalgia though and the can't have anyone touching me or pressing on me at all. It hurts so bad sometimes without doing anything!!

I wonder what my boss will say when I get in today... The little maggot will probably have some sarcastic comment about him having work that needed to be done yesterday. He acts like if it doesn't get done, it will punch a hole in the space time continuum... But he can take 3 hour lunches...

Ooops... sorry... didn't mean to get off track. He just brings out the best in me. {{{feel the sarcasm drip from my lips}}} LOL :)

Have a fabulous day everyone. I am going to try... :)

poppyseeds
07-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Oh... btw... you have to be a member for 30 days to get the siggy. I got mine but wasn't here 30 days yet. I have a feeling that I got it early because I made the minimum post requirement. So keep posting!! :)

I also noticed that I'm now a member... no longer a junior member...

mcmommy2
07-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Good Morning all...just checking in before my WW weigh in. We are also leaving today for camping. For those of you who asked, we are going to PA near my moms house (central PA). We bought a camper last year and are trying to use it as much as possible. With the little ones, tent camping is just no more for us. So we will see how it goes. Last year when we went before Nate's second b-day, he woke up in the middle of the night and just freaked out b/c he didn't know where he was. He would not calm down. To keep from waking the whole campground, we had to put him in the truck and take him up and down the mountain to get him lulled back to sleep. So this year, I am hoping he will be a little more relaxed about it.

Yana- I tried Pilates but it wasn't for me. However, a lady who made goal at WW said that was the only way her stomach got flat.

Alicia (juilliard)- Where in VA are you? I am in Northern VA.

Toni- I am thinking of the footprints on my back with probably initials around or near them somehow. I am sure the artist can best make a scene for me. WIth their longer names and nicknames, i think initials would work best.

Sunshine- Thanks so much for the advice...I was thinking though that on my back I should wait until I reach closer to my goal weight so they don't look funny as I lose...what do you think?

To all others take good care and I will post on Monday when I return!

LBH
07-17-2008, 09:17 AM
MC, I think footprint tattoos on your back would be ideal...after all, our kids walk all over us anyway, right? :rofl: have fun camping!

Valerie, it's 20 days/20 posts. :)

fergi
07-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Good morning to everyone. I have not been on in a couple of days. It is crazy how far behind on everyone you can get if you don't post daily.

Valerie you remind me of me. I have the same problem here at work. My supervisor is a butt. It does not help that I am one of two females that work in this department. But I am not like most women. I don't hold back and can hang with the best of them.

MC have fun on your camping trip this weekend. My husband is going out of town so it will be mommy daughter time this weekend. I have plans on getting another tattoo. I have 3 right now. But I would like to get something on my side. Either 3 fairies or 3 butterflies to represent myself and my daughters.

Lauren I hope you are doing well with the new meds.

GG I hope work is going well for you and maybe one day you can slow down.

Anyone I forgot to mention sorry and I hope all of you are doing well. The countdown to our vacation is 10 days. Can't wait.

Kofarq
07-17-2008, 10:10 AM
My rotten Fiance' left the house this morning (10 am) before I got up. I lay around for a little bit, got up, watered my flowers, made coffee..... Found the Yellow Pages open to the Tattoo pages!!!!! Scoundrel!!! He had to get his Hockey Tattoo updated since the RedWings won the Stanley Cup. He has the years on his tattoo. He was supposed to take me with him so I could get my tattoo, a little bumblebee. You know, together! Hmm. How will I punish him.... I guess I could get another hockey team tattooed on me? Ha ha! I'm hilarious! Okay, gotta go do some yard work.

lois lane
07-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Mornin ladies!

Just want to wish our MOD, Lauren, a very :bday2you: Hope you have a great day! Any special plans? Or did you already celebrate?

GG, you must me worn out if you think you were getting ready for dinner this am, lol.

Okay, I'm still waking up, I know Im slacking today. I'll check back later!

Alicia

IrishJoan
07-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Happy Birthday Lauren!!!! Hope that you have an excellent one!!!

GG ~ LOL at your getting ready for dinner:). Girl, you are tired. Just keep thinking, "Tuscany, Tuscany, Tuscany." Before you know it, it'll be here.

yana
07-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Happy Birthday Lauren!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woke up and thinking of getting a cup of coffee. After off I go to the doctors. Can't wait to see my before and after pictures. I will try to post it. Hi to all newbies! Welcome.
To all, I am so happy to be here in this group.
Yana

fergi
07-17-2008, 11:42 AM
:balloons:Happy Birthday Lauren!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IrishJoan
07-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Yana ~ we love photos! I hope that you're pleased with the results.

Holly ~ not to worry about keeping up with the posts. Getting to know everyone at the beginning seemed overwhelming but you'll be on first name basis in no time flat.

Free movie day on this end. We're off to see the latest Veggie Tales movie. They're so darn cute and creative!

mamatoni
07-17-2008, 11:47 AM
morning everyone and :celebrate: Happy Birthday Lauren!!! :D Hope your day is a great one (and you stay cool - yikes that sounds hot!)

I feel blah today...it's just kinda overcast outside and I don't want to exercise, plus I've had TOM for 2 WEEKS!!! I did some research online and it says this happens sometimes when you go off the depo shot, sometimes it can take your body 6 month to get back on track. WTH!!! After doing more research I am very anti-depo. :mad: probably should have done the research BEFORE getting the shot :dizzy: if this keeps going for another week I'm off to the dr. apparently sometimes taking the pill will sometimes get your body back in it's natural rhythm. I think all this definitely contributes to my crappy attitude right now. :mad:

BUT, I plan on having a fabulous day! I am thinking of biking the kids to my step-mom's instead of driving them this am. I'll get my exercise in and maybe help put me in a better mood. :carrot:

Kori, where are you planning on getting your bumblebee? Let us know what your fiance's (sp?) excuse for leaving you behind was. :)

fergi, exciting about your vacation coming up, I forgot where you said you were going.

Erin, hope camping goes well, we took DS when he was 1yo and I was preg. with DD, he just had a hard time settling and was up a lot, but I think that the constant light kinda helps, when he woke up he could still see me right there. Plus everything is a little less scary in the light. DS just went camping for the first time since then. He went with my FIL, they just slept in a tent in their backyard, but when Zadock woke up to pee the dog barked at him and scared the heck out of him. Poor little guy! :lol:

Valerie, congrats on the siggy! :) glad your leg is doing better today.

GG, when is your next day off, you sound like you could use a break :)

pmasci
07-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Is it just me, or are there a lot of people on here lately??? Seems like two weeks ago it was dead around here...nice to log on & see so many posts every day!!

Lauren...HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHICA!!! HOpe you have something very fun & special planned.

Joan...hey sistah!!! Have fun at the movies. We're going to see that one in two weeks, looks so cute. I love VT, ww have every one they made through 2003, so funny!!

Kori, you could get a FLYERS or BLACKHAWKS tatoo, hehe. I have a feeling the engagement would be off though, lol.

Okay, everyone else, hey!! Just realized what time it is, off to take the kiddos to the dentist. Wish us luck. Last time Cady had 4!!! cavities, but we have eliminated the daily raisins/fruit snacks, so hopefully we won't have anymore.

Will try to check back later. Have a super day!

P

knitta
07-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Good morning, good morning -

Man, there's nothing my company likes more than to throw big, potluck parties for those of us who are leaving or having a birthday or whatever. And sooo many sweets at this one (normally my weakness). Must... not shove... 20 donut holes in my mouth... ;)

Happy birthday to Lauren!

Valerie - i'm glad your leg is better. It sounded scary.

mamatoni - i was on Depo in college and loved it (i actually *never* had periods), but i know a lot of people have problems with it. I eventually quit because it sort of weirded me out to never have a period, you know? But two weeks TOMing? Bleah!

After work i'm going to go the Y for the Zumba class. Has anyone tried it? It's super fun - all latin dancing!

SunshineCA
07-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Sunshine- Thanks so much for the advice...I was thinking though that on my back I should wait until I reach closer to my goal weight so they don't look funny as I lose...what do you think?

I don't think they'll look funny as you lose but do what you feel comfortable with. You can use it as an incentive. As you reach a certain weight, it'll be your reward. :)

Also, check with your tattoo artist for his/her opinion.

G'luck! ;)

SunshineCA
07-17-2008, 01:53 PM
MC, I think footprint tattoos on your back would be ideal...after all, our kids walk all over us anyway, right? :rofl: have fun camping!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Good one! :lol:

LBH
07-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi All!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!! :D :hug: Today is a good day...no celebrating yet, but I woke up in a good mood and have been in a good mood since. :D I just found DH's bday card to me in my purse on the way back from lunch! :lol: He is probably figuring I won't see it until I get home and he tells me! Yes, I need to clean out my purse!

SunshineCA
07-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi Lauren! :) I don't know you well yet but,

:bday2you:

fergi
07-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Toni I am not to big on the shot thing but I will tell you that my BF got the IUD thing. It is the new one I am not sure of the name but I do know it starts with an M. It last for 5 years. She loves it.

By the way we are going to Florida.

Fergi

lois lane
07-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Lauren, that was very sweet of your DH!

Pam, I was thinking the same thing. It seems to come in waves. I remember you asking about a month ago if the summers were always so slow. Fingers crossed the dentist goes well.

Toni, I know what you mean about the overcast days, they can def affect our moods. Plus having TOM for two weeks. I hope your body gets on schedule soon!

Fergi, when is your trip to FL?

Nothing going on here. I want to make a trip to the Library. I got alot done yesterday but today I feel like I'm slacking.

hollymommy
07-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Happy Birthday, Lauren!

Joan (?) - thanks! I hope I get the hang of it soon! BTW - we love the Veggie Tales, too! :D

IrishJoan
07-17-2008, 03:04 PM
The movie was great. They are just too cute:). We walked out into the sunshine and DS's hair was plastered to his head like he'd been sweating. I'm wondering how in the world he could be hot since the rest of us were freezing in the theatre. I go closer to see and can smell the aroma of butter within seconds ~ ugggghhhh! I couldn't wait to stick him the shower when we came home. He told me that his head kept itching while he was eating his popcorn. There is no way that my girls would scratch their heads with buttery hands. Yuck.

Alicia ~ are you still on your 3 days on the job schedule? Man, that has to be tough. Are you still considering getting a new job?

Lauren ~ how thoughtful that DH stuck a card in your purse. Enjoy your day!

Pam ~ My kids have never had a cavity (knock on wood). The two oldest have sealants on their teeth and that seems to help. DS does such a lousy job brushing and still hasn't had a cavity. It's got to be the sealants that are saving him.

I'm making potato dill soup this afternoon and the kids are begging to use the computer. Have a great day all ~ Joan

pmasci
07-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Alicia...dentis t was pretty good, 294.00 later!!! She doesn't take insurance, but files for me & I get about 50% back, so not extremely terrible. She's so awesome with kids, and she's always booked to the max, so she must be good if people are willing to pay out of their pockets!!! Cady has her first loose tooth, and is getting a 6 yr. molar, so she had to call her friend & tell her. And it looks like Frank may not need orthodontic work, if he keeps going the way he is...YAY!!!!!

Toni, hope that you are feeling less blah-y soon. I hate feeling like that.

Lauren, glad you bday is going well. Hope they have something special planned for you!!

Fergi, I had the Mirena IUD for 6 months & hated it. Funny how some people have side effects & others don't, huh??

Havign said that, anyone here have their tubes tied?? Hope that's not too personal, just wondering if anyone has had issues after having that done. Dh is a baby & won't get a vaso., so I'm seriously considering taking car of myself!!!

Okay, off to do some stuff around here. Have a double dancing class tonight...she's letting me make up when I missed my class for vacation...so it'll be two hours of sweating my **** off...LOVE IT!!

Later gators!

pmasci
07-17-2008, 03:13 PM
JOan, posting together....so glad you like the flick, can't wait to see it. Frankie has sealants, got them last year. I'm not sure if Cady ws too young. I think she has what they call "soft teeth"...we are starting to use the flouride rinse now, so hopefully that will help her out. Funny, I've done the same thing with both kids & her teeth are just different...I;ve heard it's hereditary. DH take such awesome care of his teeth & he gets a cavity every other year, think mybe she has his teeth. Oh, well...

mamatoni
07-17-2008, 03:31 PM
just got back from biking to drop off kids. Feel good, got a good workout AND I get to shower BY MYSELF!!! :D No little munchikins wandering underfoot in the tub! :carrot::carrot:

Joan, potato dill soup sounds great, will you post the recipe?

Pam, I looked into the tubes tied thing, but the risks are WAY more than those for a vas. I just did a lot of convincing and DH got done a few months ago. I think the actual surgery is a lot more expensive too.

Well, I'm off the clean the bathroom and take a shower. Have a great day everyone.

IrishJoan
07-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Toni ~ I'll be happy to post the recipe, however, it is *not* low fat. I love soups and the times when I've attempted to alter them, I'm disappointed.

Pam ~ DH was "snipped" after #3 and he said that it was a "piece of cake" (I'm quoting him). Some men are really funny about it. DH's dad a vasectomy years ago so that is probably why Mike was open to it. I would have had my tubes tied but I always delivered at a Catholic hospital and they won't do that. A neighbor or mine just had her tubes tied in the spring and it went fine. She is a preschool teacher and she was instructed not to lift anything for 2 weeks. It's just so nice not to have to worry about B.C.

I did so good at the movie theatre by eating only a handful of popcorn. I was still hungry after lunch and what should I find in the pantry but these little fruit chocolate balls:). I picked them up at Trader Joe's a while back and forgot all about them. It's fruit so it's gotta be healthy, right? Oh yeah, they're covered with chocolate.... I just popped way too many in my mouth. The blueberries are my favorite.

poppyseeds
07-17-2008, 04:09 PM

Valerie, it's 20 days/20 posts. :)

Really? Somewhere I saw 30 days when I was signing up... OK... thanks!!:hug:

KAR73
07-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Hi everyone,
I can't believe how busy it is on here the last few days! I had a lot of reading to catch up on this afternoon. I did my workout this morning, got ready and went to pick up my van from the body shop. Now the check engine light came on. So have an appointment next week to get that taken care. Went to the grocery store with dh. So now I am just taking it easy this afternoon. Hopefully this evening when he is gone for a little bit, I can start to clean the house a little bit. Plus squeeze in some reading time. :)
Toni, I glad to see that you are feeling a little bit better. Good for you for getting your workout in on your way to your mil's. You must have some really good leg muscles by now. Enjoy your painting time!
Poppyseeds, I am glad that you are feeling a little bit better. But please take care of yourself. I hope that they can finally figure out what is causing your leg pain. Hope your boss was nice to you when you went in today.
Fergi, what part of Florida are you going to? My aunt and uncle live in Silver Springs. I like going to visit them. Since they are not that far from Orlando or Daytona. How was your day at work?
Pam, sounds like you are really enjoying your belly dancing class. That is great that she is letting you make up your one class you missed. Must be a great workout! Glad the kids dentist appointments went so well.
GG, sounds like you need a day off soon. Had to laugh about getting ready for dinner. You must be having an early dinner today. Hope work went well for you.
Hollymommy, you will get the hang of us all in a few days. I agree it does take a while to get use to remembering everything about every body. Hope your day was a good one.
Joan, glad you enjoyed the movies. Had to laugh about your ds and his buttery hair. I wish my stepkids would come over on Tuesdays so I could take them to the free movies around here. But they have usually seen them all already. Since their mom's idea of spending time with them is going to the video store and renting a whole bunch of movies to watch with them. She never goes out and plays with them outside or takes them places where they all can enjoy a nice hike or walk. Your soup sounds yummy!
Lauren, Happy Birthday! I am glad that you are having a wonderful day! That was very sweet of your dh to put a card in your purse. Hope you have nice birthday celebration this evening!
Alicia, so what did you get at the library? I am currently reading Fearless by Diana Palmer. It is really good. Hope you enjoy your day of lazying around.
Erin, hope your ww weigh-in was a good one! Your tattoo's sound neat! Enjoy your camping trip! Have fun!
Hi to everyone else. I must go check my email real quick and then start thinking about maybe cleaning a little bit of the house. Hope you all are having a great afternoon!
Take care,
Kerry

LBH
07-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Valerie, it was 30 days & 30 posts, but then we had a crash and lost a week or so of posts, so Suzanne knocked it down for a bit, so the people that had gotten close to getting theirs could get it. :) It'll probably go back up eventually.

mamatoni
07-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Joan, thanks for the warning that the soup is defintely NOT low fat, maybe my DH will actually eat it :lol: He always acts like anything lowfat is apt to infect him with some horrifying disease :dizzy: I am kind of a dill freak, love it love it love it. and with the potatoes sounds yummy. if you don't want to post it in the recipe part you could just PM it to me. Thanks.

fergi
07-17-2008, 05:47 PM
I know the topic of the day is BC. Here is my deal. I am 31 and have physically given birth to one child. I have a step daughter who I adore as my own. I do not want anymore children. My husband and I have had very long conversations about the topic. He wants one I don't. It was very hard on me being pregnant. I was an emotional wreck and plus she was 10 pounds. So I am really not interested.

I do not nor have I ever taken birth control. I can't for the hormone reasons. I had epilepsy as a child and they were caused by hormone imbalances. My husband can't use condoms I am allergic to something on them. I will swell up like there is no tomorrow. I know TMI.

I believe everyone and every body is different and takes things differently. My sister had her tubes tied 1 month after having her son and 6 months later she was having to have a hysterectomy. My BF was on BC pills for years. Planned her first pregnancy. After that she used the pill for a couple of more years. Then decided to do the rhythm method. Well needless to say and accident happened. She now has Andrew.

My husband is a big baby about it and no one is touching his man hood.

So here we are after being together for 10yrs and not once getting pregnant. I guess it is a miracle that we don't have 10 kids running around the house.:rofl:

Well today is my Friday and I will be off until Monday. Work was good today but I am really tired of the politics. Whoever thought that you would have to watch your back more with the people you work with than the criminals on the street. I need to go back to school. I would love to be a forensic interviewer at the Child Assessment Center. I would also love to be a rape counselor.

Okay all I am done with my rant. I hope everyone has a good day. I am seriously craving some good sweet tea.

Well talk to yall soon. And yes it is 10 days and then Orlando here we come. We will be there for one week and then I took off another week to hang out with the hubby and kids at the house and get some much needed chores done.

Fergi

lois lane
07-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Pam, I think that heredity plays a bigger part with teeth and getting cavities. My kids just got sealants put on their teeth a few months ago. I was told at the time they only put them on permanent teeth because insurance will only pay for one sealant per tooth. If the sealant falls off, then I would have to pay to replace it. Have fun at your class tonight.

Joan, yes I am still on that STINKY schedule. I do want to find something else. I've called a few places, they forward me to HR where I just get an answering machine, never get any call backs. DH said I'm not aggressive enough. While I'm enjoying my paycheck, at times I feel desperate and want to just call and tell them I QUIT, lol. The soup does sound good, please do post.

Kerry, I did get a book, its by Marry Higgins Clark's daughter. I've been reading alot lately. This will be my 7th book since May. Did you have your Tops last night? Did it go well?

Fergi, Disney World? Enjoy your vacation!

Toni, I remember the days when I had to take the kids in the bathroom with me just take a shower. Enjoy your time.

Okay, my kids are fighting I better go.

fergi
07-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Alicia we are going to Universal Studios, Island of Adventures and Daytona Beach. The girls I think are to old for Disney. They are 11 and 12. We think they will enjoy the other much more.

fergi
07-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Kerry my daughter loves to read as well. She got that from my mother. My mom always has her nose in a book. I on the other hand hate it unless it is a mystery crime book about serial killers or something. Then I have nightmares.

knitta
07-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Fergi -

I got my tubes tied about three years ago - best thing i ever did. :D It was outpatient surgery and went surprisingly quickly. I got it done on a Thursday, and was back to work by Monday. And i was back playing roller derby about a week after that.

If you have any questions, let me know!

yana
07-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Toni I am not to big on the shot thing but I will tell you that my BF got the IUD thing. It is the new one I am not sure of the name but I do know it starts with an M. It last for 5 years. She loves it.

By the way we are going to Florida.

Fergi

I have this IUD it calls Mirena. I LOVE it. I have very light periods every month, so light that I don't even need anything. It's more like spotting. I LOVE IT! No cramping, no bloating, no nothing.

yana
07-17-2008, 07:50 PM
I am back from the doctors. Everything went well. I was so relieved to get the splints out. I can breath finally. My nose is still very swollen even though I don't relly see it, but feel it. I was planning to take the pics, but my doc told me that he will take it himself in about 1 month when swelling goes down. Right now I have some kind of strips to hold my nose in place for about 1 week.
Thanks to everyone. Be back soon.

GatorgalstuckinGA
07-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Work here was slower today..however it was a very depressing day. HAd to euthanize two pets today...so definately not a very chipper day...but at least it was insane busy.

Lauren..sorry i'm late but HAPPY BDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmao at me...yes alicia...obviously i need my coffee..i'm out of it right now. That is histarical that i didn't see that

poppy sorry about that...forgot about the firbro

mamatoni=my next day off is sunday. I'm counting them off

fergi- i love disney..but island of adventures is wayyyyy better.

poppyseeds
07-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Fergi... the "no one is touching his manhood" comment cracked me up. You should tell him that if he doesn't let the doctor touch it, you won't touch it either!!! :lol::lol::lol: I've had two babies, both by C-section... last pregnancy was hard. My daughter is now 11 but I went into labor with her at 4 months and was on meds, had nurses come once a week and was in the hospital once. After that, hubby got a vasectomy so I didn't have to go through any more pain. He said it was super easy.

Lauren...

:bday2::bday2you::celebrate::gift::hb::woo::balloo ns:

Hope you're having a great day! Eat a piece of cake for me!!

My leg is feeling much better today! Thanks for all the well wishes!

I am so glad I found this board... Group Hug!!!
:grouphug:

fergi
07-17-2008, 08:52 PM
:rofl:Valerie I could not stop laughing. Maybe I should tell him that.

IrishJoan
07-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Valerie ~ I forgot about the fibro too:(. When were you diagnosed? I'm glad that your leg is doing better.

Fergi ~ is going back to school an option for you right now? Being a rape counselor would be tough but so rewarding. You sound like such a strong person.

Kerry ~ you asked me what I was reading lately. I took a Maeve Binchey book to my in-laws. Can't remember the name right now and I've already returned it to the library. It was a good quick read. I started reading "Wuthering Heights" last night for our July book club meeting. It's hard to read but I'm enjoying it. We're trying to fit in a classic every 3 or 4 months. I hope that they're not all as hard to get thru as this one LOL.

Gotta round up everyone for bed. We've all been staying up way too late lately.

KAR73
07-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Evening All,
GG, sorry today was a rough day for you! Hope your evening was a nice relaxing one!
Fergi, sounds like you are really looking forward to your vacation. Sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy your time off this weekend.
Valerie, glad that your leg is feeling better! We are glad you found us. So are you still doing the Slim Shots? I have been thinking about trying them when I get my paycheck this coming week.
Yana, glad things went well today at the doctors! :)
Alicia, I went to TOPS on Tuesday night. I stayed the same. I guess that is a good thing since I had my TOM over the weekend. But I had been very careful of what I ate and drank. Plus I worked out every day. So I was hoping for a some kind of a loss. Maybe next Tuesday will be my night for a good weigh in! I have read seven books since school got out on June 4th.
Joan, I read Wuthering Heights for my junior English class in high school. It took me a long time to really get into. Fearless is turing into a real quick read. I swept the floors tonight and then just decided to read. So I have read a couple chapters in it already. Hope you were able to get everyone to bed early this evening.
Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all having a great evening!
Take care,
Kerry

CCmomof5
07-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Hey all,

I realize its almost 11:00 and no one will probably read this but I'm posting it anyway. I've had a sucky day! No other way really to describe it. Bad things going on at my church and its ripping my heart out. I've spent most of the day in a foul, foul mood. Then this evening lil DS had their championship baseball game and the other team decided the rules we've played by all season didn't fit into their agenda so they threw a fit and my DH is so easy he let them have their way, we lost. There was a mom on the other team who was screaming at me (I'm the book keeper) and my hubby that we needed to learn a thing or two. OMG! It was all I could do not to rip her face off. It's little league for crying out loud! So, with that and the church thing I decided I was going to do anything today or tonight except wallow in self pity and despair. Its not really working for me, in case you were wondering. Eating wasn't bad though, so theres a happy note.

mcmommy, good luck with the camping thing, I would love to take my family camping but they don't do so well outside except for the 2 young ones.

lauren, did you have a good BD???:celebrate:

mamatoni, long TOM is no fun at all, when I was a kid I had loooooong periods. My mother finally took me to the DR. when I was 15 (TOM started when I was 11) and found I had some serious issues that needed surgery.

knitta, Zumba class sounds like lots of fun, can you get a DVD of it???

pam, I had all 5 kids c-sect. and on the last one I asked them to tie, nuke, burn, those tubes, do whatever they had to to make sure #6 wouldn't happen. Since they were already in there it was no big deal. I will have to say that I have been much more regular, but I dont' always feel great but I'm starting to attribute that to getting older. I have several friends that I grad. High school with who haven't had a tubal that are having similar issues that I am, so I think its more that than the tubal. It is very nice not to have to worry about BC though. Which obviously didn't work too well for me in the first place.:rolleyes:

joan, but honey, choc. is good for you!!

fergi, I'm praying for you that your next 10 days go quickly, Florida or Bust!

GG, sorry about the 2 pets, I'm sure its sad even if its your job, and I'm sure you took good care of them.

anybody read "The Shack"? I've been told its a good read. I've got so many books I'm trying read right now. Plus I'm trying to write one, but my frame of mind lately has been out in space and I can't focus.

Ok, gotta go, :wave:to everyone else!!!

Trish