30-Somethings - chatting (july)

View Full Version : chatting (july)

lofgrenb
07-17-2008, 12:27 AM
alright renee and brie....

brie - what is the password protected thing they keep talking about over there? I'd love NOT to renew myself (30 something days)... let's see if I can wean myself from there... I didn't know a password protected forum could be created.

LBH
07-17-2008, 09:18 AM
I'm not sure I understand?? Did you post on the wrong forum?? Did you mean the WW 30 something's forum?

bluebrie
07-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Beth ~ bargaingrl has always wanted a password protected conservative group where they can ***** openly and not worry about what they say getting out or seeming mean or rude. So, she posted a thread yet again about it and most people said they'd rather try the rules first. Instead of doing that, she emailed me and the regulars the link and password anyway. That's just goofy. I like hearing from other people and what's wrong with just ignoring the trolls? She'd never do that, she'd engage them.

Anyway, I really have no reason to stay there, I would have thought about it had that group stayed out in the open.

Anyway, we can put as much effort into losing weight as we did getting pg, maybe?:carrot:

LBH
07-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Well I'm completely confused! I'm assuming you ladies came here from another forum on the web somewhere that had a lot of issues? Anyway, you're welcome to stick around here with us 30 Somethings! :D

You won't find a lot of petty arguments around 3FC...we don't tolerate it, and in general, the people that post here are pretty nice! I hope you feel welcome!

bluebrie
07-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Yeah, thanks! We are past the having kids part and now we just need to lose the "having kids" weight!!

LBH
07-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Well, you're more than welcome to come join us on the "daily chat" thread, lots of us have kids. Or find somewhere else you're comfy on the board! :)

lofgrenb
07-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks Lauren! I've liked it here so far...

Brie - so you can do password protected there? Funny... it's one reason I haven't been too involved with political discussions... LOL.. but I love banter and discussion/debate. :carrot:

bluebrie
07-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Beth ~ I had no idea you were 5'8", that's tall! Ok, so since you're nursing, you must have 30 something points a day, right? Last time I did the online thing I was at 23.

I'm doing slimfast now, but still I'm having issues of wanting munchy stuff that gets me into trouble.

I wanted to get over this stuck at 160 hurdle and then I would go back to ww.

lofgrenb
07-19-2008, 04:45 AM
Yeah... it's 32 pts I believe... Crazy. When I did WW NOT nursing it was 18-22 points back in the day... So we weigh about the same. I hear you on wanting to get to the 150s. At least then I'd feel more normal. Sent Renee the link... !

I had a bad day eating yesterday. I didn't eat until 2pm and then ate very little... then blew it out in the evening with 4 pieces of grilled chicken pizza. NUTS.

bluebrie
07-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Oh yeah, hubby and I ordered pizza the other day AND I only made it to the gym once this week.

A friend and I started a new sahm meetup group and it is a lot of work b/c I have to go to all the events...some days there's one in the am and pm. So, I've got to learn to just handle the busy schedule!

Where is Renee?

lofgrenb
07-19-2008, 11:52 PM
I emailed her...

what's up with bargain girl? LOL

bluebrie
07-20-2008, 10:22 AM
I guess a lot of those girls have been giving each other problems since when they were all on the ttc board...so, much of this isn't even related to politics....and she just encourages them.....it's like she hates it but she keeps posting threads about it? Maybe it is fun for her in a weird way and meanwhile we have to deal with it all.

lofgrenb
07-20-2008, 03:18 PM
I was thnking that it was weird to keep posting new posts about whatever and asking for any clarification to go to PM? I personally enjoy discussing it... probably b/c I respect others' views and like to engage... just me though.

I like that website you sent about drinking and McCain... :)

Well I have to get my butt in gear on WW. I get a ton of points but still manage to eat about 37 a day.

Can babies teethe this early?

lofgrenb
07-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Neat there is an email notifier on this thread :)

LBH
07-20-2008, 05:16 PM
How old is your baby? My oldest started teething at 4 months and had a mouth full by 7 months.

lofgrenb
07-20-2008, 05:32 PM
He is almost 4 months old... like 3.5 months... wow it's coming huh?

bluebrie
07-20-2008, 10:23 PM
First, where's Renee?

Shane started the drooling and shoving things in his mouth and stuff at 3 months, it is something about the teeth moving up. But, unline Lauren, he didn't get his first teeth until 6 months and got them in all spread out....we're still waiting on his 2 year molars and I'm afraid. We pretty much had a hellish 3 months when his 1 year molars came in.:eek:

Ok, I can sum up my weight loss issues to ONE thing....I'm binging as a mood/tired elevating thing....I do it when Shane is napping and I'll even go to the store to get chips or a personal pizza and that'll be my reward. Stupid, huh?
I don't know if I make it worse by limiting my calories in the am, so I'm so hungry when Shane goes for his nap or what? That is my big issue, if I could stop that, I'd be able to lose at least this 10 pounds and get to the 150's. I'm just pretty much maintaining my 160 for this whole year!

I don't get the email notifications, those might help.

I'm preparing myself to be cut off from ff, I've been a member there for 3 years!!! 6 months before I got pg with Shane.....it'll be a hard habit to kick, but might help me not obsess on the computer so much.:o

bluebrie
07-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Ok, I just emailed her, I hope it is her right address!

LBH
07-21-2008, 11:06 AM
Lof, I think my DS was an exception. :lol: DS#2 was more "normal" - 1st tooth at around 6 months, and kind of spread out.

Blue, would it help if you stocked the house with a bunch of healthy munchies? So that when you go looking for something to mindlessly munch on, at least it's healthy? I mean, it doesn't have to be carrot sticks & celery, but something other than pizza or chips?

lofgrenb
07-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Brie - I am doing the same thing basically. I do really well until about mid afternoon and lose it. Last night I had a huge piece of white cake and then a cream soda.. it's the sweet tooth for me.

And two brownies yesterday. I didn't even enter my points. It has to stop...

Today is the day... going to track everything I eat and start anew.

I have two weeks left on FF. I'm torn... you could do the pg membership. It's dirt cheap like 12.00 a year or something.

LBH- If I had good treats I'd do better... it's getting them there... I want to break 160's as well... :(

OH RENEE???

bluebrie
07-22-2008, 03:31 PM
LBH ~ I know I need better treats for myself, it is just about the willpower to buy them and eat them. I get a huge salad which is good, but then I put a ton of ranch dressing on it which isn't good. In the good old days, I could really lose weight fast.

Beth ~ I answered you about the ff membership over there. Hey, you JUST had a baby and only weigh 6 more pounds than me....I have a 2 year old - hello?!

I had doritos for lunch.:o

lofgrenb
07-22-2008, 04:06 PM
I had black beans and brown rice. I actually like it, believe it or not... :) So I didn't say I don't think... we went to the LC yesterday (if I said on FF I've already forgotten)... she did the test weigh thing, let him eat, etc... it took about an hour but he ate 3 oz... FINALLY. I mean it was right breast, then left, and then right again. It's not normal :( Anyway, I rented the scale and I've done two test weights. 1 oz each time. Bummer. BUT, when I tried to feed him a bottle two hours later, he only ate about 2 oz. I thought he needs more than that? She did say he is gaining weight at a much fast er pace than what she normally expects.

At least he can latch, stay on, and sort of do it.. though I'm convinced his inability to be a normal breastfeeding baby - messed up tongue action, weak suck, has contributed to the mastitis.

I would quit... but a. good for baby and b. I can eat so much more!

LBH
07-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Beth, I don't mean to butt in, but since I am soo passionate about bf'ing and had plenty of problems myself, i thought maybe I could help...or at least encourage! :) DS1 & I did not click w/bf'ing until he was about 4 months. Lots of latching problems and uncomfortable-ness. It just clicked one day and he bf for just over a year. DS2 had problems from day 1. I contribute it to the fact that I was gb+ and had to have antibiotics during labor, which led to thrush for him, which was horrible. :( By the time he was 5 months, I was pumping around the clock because he wouldn't latch on. (I had been supplementing all along). I finally gave up and we were both happier.

If you think supply is your main issue, have you tried any of the "natural" rememdies? Oatmeal, Fenugreek, etc.? I ended up with an Rx for Reglan. I took the generic verion and it nearly doubled my supply. And of course, it's supply and demand...the more you bf, the more you produce.

lofgrenb
07-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Well the whole history goes like this (sorry Brie :)) I bet you're sick of my whining, Brie...

Lucas was born a month early. 8 days NICU for resp. distress. First meal was Day 5 after IV line removed and it was enfamil. I'm also a s/p breast lift/augmentation so the LC were all over me with a hospital grade pump and I started pumping around the clock. I ended up around 8 weeks or so with about 30 oz a day... have a huge frozen stash. During the first 8 weeks I saw 3 different LCs and it was determined he MAY have a posterior tongue tie... we saw a chiropractor, an ENT, the ped, etc... no one agreed he had one. Suck training... suck training and kept trying. I have had mastitis now twice, several plugged ducts, and thrush probably 3 times.

Around 10 weeks he started latching. We ran off to the LC again and sad to find he only transferred an ounce total. We kept on trying... Now he's 15 weeks... he didtake in more there at the LC - 3 oz apparently, but today hasn't been doing that much.

I don't think I have a supply issue. He's gaining twice the amount. I've only dipped into frozen stash once (when I had mastitis). Other than that I stay ahead and still freeze some every week (was every day there for awhle).

I would love for him to catch on.. at least now I'm not falling apart like I was before... but that's the story...

Feel free to butt in any time!!!!!! I can always use any suggestion and help.

LBH
07-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Uh, no, I'd say 30 oz. at 8 wks. you definately don't have a supply problem!! :lol3: So, I don't have any advice...you've definitely been through more than me! I commend you for sticking to it though, and keep trying!! I hope he catches on for you, but if not, at least you can pump enough and still give him BM!

lofgrenb
07-23-2008, 10:46 PM
The first day on a diet is the hardest and once again I have blown it. I keep wanting to have this "Last Hoorah" and then start the next day and the next day and the next day.

I am proud to be able to give him breastmilk but there is a part of me that wants to stop... Brie knows about it... I'm really tired of it, but until I know know that I wont' regret it, I keep pumping. When I go running I have to wear this Enell bra that is like a bullet proof vest to hold 'em in. LOL

:devil:

Alright Renee... where are ya?

bluebrie
07-24-2008, 09:25 AM
Beth ~ So funny about the "last hoorah" before dieting, very true!!! I did fine and then had half of a frozen pizza last night. Whatever! I guess eating like crap for one meal is better than eating like crap all day?

I really think pumping is so much harder than just bfing, I wouldn't have been able to pump for a year like I did with just regular bfing.

You've done fine, if you hate it and it bothers you so much, just stop. Just remember, that isn't going to be an end to worrying. Some kids have to try many different formulas before they find one that doesn't upset their bodies AND formula smells horrid. When Shane was 11 1/2 months, I started him on formula for one meal to wean him from bfing....I had to do those premade cans of formula for it bc the powdered smelled so horrid. And those premade ones are expensive!

Ah, but your boobs will get smaller eventually and you won't have to worry about what you eat or do. I really felt like I had MY body back after I stopped bfing, that is for sure!

When you decide to stop, why not wean slowly? Like replace one meal so that you work out the problems with formula.....that will also help your boobs b/c quitting cold turkey will be painful. When I stopped bfing, I had weaned Shane down to one boob feeding, so my girls handled it much better.

LBH
07-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Beth, if it becomes too much for you, stop. Just wean him slowly, mix bottles 1/2 & 1/2, that's what I did with my little guy. Pumping f/t is really hard to keep up with. Your baby is around 5 months, right? You've given him 5 MONTHS of the very best! That's a huge accomplishment, especially with all you've gone through with him. Be proud of yourself, 5 months is better than not at all! :hug:

lofgrenb
07-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Such a hard decision and I agree Brie about the horrid smell... it's awful. I have a friend whose dad is an enfamil rep. I have a ton of the Lipil yellow ones... he had that in the NICU too... I've given it to him before and he spit it up... knowing my luck...

He's almost 4 months old... I'd love to make it to 5-6 months, but we'll see... he's gotten a good headstart... most of my friends stopped nursing when they went back to work...

I guess I'm just wanting closure on it... to feel I can do it with no regrets... I nursed him earlier and he took 2 oz. Measley. Going to try a weighed nursing in the am... the first feed and see how he does...

I think what keeps me going is that there may be a chance that he "gets" it. He took in 1 oz total on June 13th... this time he did almost 3 oz. Maybe next month?

What would you do?????????????????????

I hate a huge piece of cake. LOL

bluebrie
07-25-2008, 09:27 AM
wow, no more ff....what'll I do? you guys better come on here!

LBH
07-25-2008, 09:29 AM
What would you do?????????????????????

Exactly what I did...do it as long as I can stand it, then give in to formula.

bluebrie
07-25-2008, 11:05 PM
Hey Lauren, if we wanted to make a group of our own with a name, how would we go about doing it? Is it possible?

LBH
07-26-2008, 10:09 AM
If you go the main Support Groups, you'll see that under the Sub-Forums section, there's a bunch of threads of other smaller groups that people have going. I would suggest that you come up with a name or title for your little group and start a thread there. A Sub-Forum is usually reserved for larger groups. Those are at the discretion of the 3FCs.

bluebrie
07-27-2008, 10:26 AM
Ok, you guys ditched me.

lofgrenb
07-27-2008, 05:41 PM
No I didn't... you going to make us a new thread Brie? Give me the link if you do. I wnat the link to the private one too and the password at FF... still debating... I have 10 days left. I don't want to pay again. :(

lofgrenb
07-27-2008, 05:45 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2288601#post2288601

I went ahead.. ;)