General chatter - Starlet Told to Gain Weight

View Full Version : Starlet Told to Gain Weight

vikkivma
07-16-2008, 11:50 PM
http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/news/16072008/433382/megan_fox_transformers_2

Megan Fox is ordered to put on weight for upcoming Transformers sequel...

The world's sexiest female Megan Fox, has been ordered to gain weight for the up and coming Transformers sequel, because she's too skinny.

Transformers director Michael Bay has told Fox to add 10 pounds to her frame before she starts shooting the sequel later this summer.

Fox, who topped Fhm's annual poll of beauties, recently slimmed down for her role in the upcoming film Jennifer's Body.

The 22-year-old star told Fox News, "I'd lost a lot of weight and I got really scrawny, but I was told I had to put on a size for Transformers because Michael doesn't like skinny girls".

And it looks as though she's taking the advice very seriously: "I eat red velvet cake before I go to bed every night. If you eat meals later, you'll put on weight faster, so I had dinner at 10pm".

Before anyone rolls their eyes at her "plight" at having to gain weight, it's rather refreshing to see a healthier image being requested by a director.

Thought it might be a nice thing to share for weight loss support, for anyone who feels pressured by the "ideal Hollywood image".

ars
07-16-2008, 11:55 PM
I thought the same thing when I read that article.

I actually have taken to watching a lot of British films, especially non-mainstream ones, as the people in them tend to look like real people.

cephalopod gal
07-16-2008, 11:57 PM
This article makes me feel <3

horsey
07-17-2008, 01:05 AM
http://fitnessblackbook.com/fitness-babes/the-height-and-weight-of-10-hot-female-celebrities-revealed/

Says she's about 5'6 and 112 lbs

Personally instead of eating cake before bed I think she should lift weights to gain muscle. Who declared her the world's sexiest female anyways? From her pics with scrungy jeans and tees in the websites I found she doesn't look that spectacular to me...

net knee
07-17-2008, 01:05 AM
I sure can help her gain weight!! lol my old plan worked so well for me--proof is in the pictures!! But yes it is nice that they want more realistic looking women rather than stick figures in movies. I also think it's great that she is doing it and doesn't seem to po'd about it. She also admits that she got scrawny so clearly she has some sort of common sense (if anyone in hollywood still knows what that is!!).

horsey
07-17-2008, 01:06 AM
http://www.meganfoxy.com/gallery/jenniferbody/

She's "skinny fat" look at the roll on her tummy in this pic....

SoulBliss
07-17-2008, 01:09 AM
http://fitnessblackbook.com/fitness-babes/the-height-and-weight-of-10-hot-female-celebrities-revealed/

Personally instead of eating cake before bed I think she should lift weights to gain muscle. Who declared her the world's sexiest female anyways? From her pics with scrungy jeans and tees in the websites I found she doesn't look that spectacular to me...

Uh, did you check out any of the pics that you linked to? :o

She's pretty spectacular, even without fancy lighting, makeup, airbrushing and clothes (See the 1/2 nude pics near the water!).

UrsusMaritimus
07-17-2008, 01:12 AM
I have no idea who this woman is, but it is heartening to hear that someone asked an actress to GAIN weight for a change...

Sunrose
07-17-2008, 01:14 AM
I don't see any rolls.

SoulBliss
07-17-2008, 01:18 AM
I don't see any rolls.

99% of the women on this site and across America/UK/the World would LOVE to have that "roll" be the biggest issue.

I don't see a "roll" either, especially on the abdomen. I do see skin being pinched above the hip area where a skin tight small *wet* pair of hot pants is bunched up and causing a ripple in skin. Totally normal for that to happen!

UrsusMaritimus
07-17-2008, 01:26 AM
I do see skin being pinched above the hip area where a skin tight small *wet* pair of hot pants is bunched up and causing a ripple in skin. Totally normal for that to happen!

Just one of the many reasons I refuse to allow myself to be photographed in wet hot pants. :)

SoulBliss
07-17-2008, 01:33 AM
Just one of the many reasons I refuse to allow myself to be photographed in wet hot pants. :)

:lol: Yes, me too. I don't want to be bashed on a weight loss support forum for such things, so I avoid that too, or, if I was 5'6" tall and 112 pounds, I would. ;)

vikkivma
07-17-2008, 01:46 AM
I thought the same thing when I read that article.

I actually have taken to watching a lot of British films, especially non-mainstream ones, as the people in them tend to look like real people.

Especially when you find so many awesome Ricky Gervais projects in the process.

Wow - all the girls on that list are super skinny. It goes to show how out-of-whack perception is. On the other hand, Go Salma - I knew I loved her for a reason. And what's funny is she probably has the best body of the lot.

Megan Fox is an "It" girl right now. She was in the number one movie of last summer (Transformers). So you give men explosions and pretty girls in tight clothes and they're happy. I think she has stunning features, and I think she's very beautiful, but in my opinion she doesn't have the presence or the charisma of lasting sex symbols like Faye Dunnaway or Raquel Welch or Pam Grier or Salma Hayek. And what's funny is, all four of those women are probably considered "less beautiful" and yet are far sexier and more watchable (JMO).

I sure can help her gain weight!! lol my old plan worked so well for me--proof is in the pictures!! But yes it is nice that they want more realistic looking women rather than stick figures in movies. I also think it's great that she is doing it and doesn't seem to po'd about it. She also admits that she got scrawny so clearly she has some sort of common sense (if anyone in hollywood still knows what that is!!).

I've seen some interviews with her, and she's clearly a very confident girl. Some people read it as arrogance, but they're not making millions of dollars, so it might be a bit of an unreliable opinion.

Either way, she seems to be smart enough to know how to keep a role, and what I think is most important is that a male director who makes a great deal of action films with leading ladies-of-the-moment (Scarlett Johansson, Kate Beckinsale, Liv Tyler) seems to like the women in his films to look curvy, rather than sickly. These are huge budget films, and if he wants girls to beef up a bit, I think it carries a lot of weight (pun intended, but it's a groaner, I know).

She's "skinny fat" look at the roll on her tummy in this pic....

What's funny is that when she was 10 pounds heavier last year in Transformers, she was much more buff.

I think she may be joking about the red velvet cake, because she was pretty muscular in the first movie, and I'll bet the director was really asking for 5 pounds of weight and 5 pounds of muscle.

I have no idea who this woman is, but it is heartening to hear that someone asked an actress to GAIN weight for a change...

Oh yeah - it was only a little while ago that Julianne More revealed that she has always been told she's too fat. I mean, talk about someone you would never say that about.

JayEll
07-17-2008, 08:03 AM
Hello, folks! :wave: I just wanted to remind everyone that 3FC doesn't allow celebrity bashing--or really, bashing of anyone!--because of their weight, size, etc. :) Otherwise, the topic of Hollywood's warped view of women is a good one.

Jay

midwife
07-17-2008, 09:57 AM

:rofl:

How did you know that was MY exact reason as well? :lol:

At any rate, let's be kind to Megan. She is a beautiful woman, IMHO, but even if we all don't share that opinion, it can be unkind to dissect her looks on our forum----which is all about supporting women (and men) in our quests for health.

Apple Cheeks
07-17-2008, 09:59 PM
I love it that Hollywood seems to slowly be pulling it's collective head out of it's arse, and that we're seeing more curvy women on film. And they're not just being cast as the frumpy friend or the comedic relief.

This director obviously knows that most people--not just men-- think that women with some meat on them look much better and more desirable than skeletal lollypop-heads!

I think it's great that there are women out there like Scarlett Johanssen and Salma Hayak who have bangin' curves, and they are successful without having to starve themsleves to get roles.

Hopefully Hollywood and the modeling world will sweep all the remnants of the 90's starving "heroin chic" look into the trash soon!

Hurray for the return of luscious curves! :D

vikkivma
07-19-2008, 06:29 PM
I love it that Hollywood seems to slowly be pulling it's collective head out of it's arse, and that we're seeing more curvy women on film. And they're not just being cast as the frumpy friend or the comedic relief.

This director obviously knows that most people--not just men-- think that women with some meat on them look much better and more desirable than skeletal lollypop-heads!

I think it's great that there are women out there like Scarlett Johanssen and Salma Hayak who have bangin' curves, and they are successful without having to starve themsleves to get roles.

Hopefully Hollywood and the modeling world will sweep all the remnants of the 90's starving "heroin chic" look into the trash soon!

Hurray for the return of luscious curves!

Agreed - especially since this is a director who carries so much influence in Hollywood. He makes these enormous Summer blockbusters, and if he thinks the girls are too thin, others might catch on as well. Because Jessica Biel being 5'8" and 108 pounds is ridiculous, even if she doesn't keep the number all year round. And that is someone who we're told is "curvy"!

This is the guy who directed Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, The Island and Transformers. While they may not have all been stellar films, all four of its leading ladies had either buff bodies or healthy curves (Liv Tyler, Kate Beckinsale, Scarlett Johansson and Megan Fox) - it's pretty easy to see what he thinks men want to look at.

...Interesting sidenote, apart from Johansson, he also seems to favor brunettes. Y'know, I'm starting to like this Michael Bay. lol.

Obviously none of these women are "thick", but they just look beautiful without jutting collarbones or wrist bones.

Epica
07-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Her face is so beautiful... Anyway I love french movies, they're so raw and real and I see girls with every shape or size, I really enjoy it =)

LandonsBaby
07-20-2008, 03:30 PM
I find the weights listed on that site EXTREMELY hard to believe. I think those women weigh much more. And the fact they put up those silly numbers will just make other woman think they too need to weigh that little to look great.

vikkivma
07-25-2008, 08:08 PM
And again. This may be the sign of a changing perspective in Hollywood. Angelina Jolie has been asked to gain 28 pounds from where she was in Wanted in order for her to be the leading lady in The Thomas Crowne Affair. Apparently she would faint on set of the action thriller and had to have her costumes taken in too much.

Given that she just gave birth, I find it hard to believe that she'd need to put on that much more weight, but you never know. She got extremely thin, so it would be nice to see her have her fuller figure again.

Either way, this is twice in one month that we've heard stories about producers putting their feet down and telling their stars - high-profile and famously sexy ones at that - they're just too thin. I think it'll be great if this continues.
http://celebedge.sympatico.msn.ca/Angelina+Jolies+weighty+role/Bang/ContentPostingBang3column?isfa=1&newsitemid=BSBS31470&feedname=BANG&show=False&number=0&showbyline=False&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=False

PaulaM
07-25-2008, 08:43 PM
I read that about Angelina Jolie. Does anybody else find it incredulous that someone who just had twins has to gain 28 lbs? Cause I sure did

Eves
07-25-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm guessing that it's 28 pounds from her weight when she did Wanted. Maybe now she doesn't have to gain any or just lose a few.

vikkivma
07-25-2008, 10:26 PM
I read that about Angelina Jolie. Does anybody else find it incredulous that someone who just had twins has to gain 28 lbs? Cause I sure did

I assume the same thing as the person above me. Although she didn't look like she gained that much weight during her pregnancy.

Either way, yeah - it's probably from her Wanted weight. Compare the way she looked in that film to Tomb Raider back in her hot and healthy days:

Wanted (taken from the set of the film):

http://www.angelinajoliewatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/angelina_jolie_on_the_set_of_wanted_04a_1.jpg

She looks like she can barely fill out her pants.

Tomb Raider:

http://img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/medias/nmedia/00/02/13/54/69199237_ph5.jpg

Thighs look much thicker, healthier. Her face was beautiful then, too.

I've always been a big fan of hers', and I understand that with her Mother dying and her trips to Africa she had a lot of things going on (not to mention 6 kids now), but it'll be great to see her looking healthy again.

Taurie
07-27-2008, 01:51 PM
True that.

I read that Jennifer Aniston was advised to lose 30 lbs (I believe it was by her agent)... that's what lead her to get cast for Friends.

They really only cast thin women in leading rolls in movies.

Another thing, I found that FHM top 10 sexiest women all look similar... a very narrow perception of beauty/sexiness. Most girls were between 18 and 25... the only exception was the 10th Angelina Jolie at 32 or 33 or something.

I did a paper not to long ago of female representation in the media, so I did a LOT of research on this matter.

CousinRockingChair
07-27-2008, 04:38 PM
Oh yeah, cos with an extra 10lbs, she'll be 122lbs, which omg is soooo representative of real women, average weight being 150lbs at 5ft 4ins or something? haha

I have zero patience for Hollywood rubbish

griffogrubb
07-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Maybe my opinion's biased, but I really don't like when girls are really super skinny, it's not attractive at all. I think there are a lot of the female celebrities that could do with gaining a few pounds actually, but that's just me. It is nice to see that Michael Bay isn't supporting the uber thin trend though, give him credit for that

Altari
07-27-2008, 09:44 PM
I know many many MANY women who actually net a loss (from their already emaciated frames) after pregnancy. Doctors tell you to gain 25 to 35 pounds. Women who are weight obsessed will only gain 10 to 15 pounds. Then subtract the 5 pounds of water retained, 8 pounds of baby, 8 pounds of placenta, and factor in the obscene calorie burn from giving birth (my one OB postulated that I may have burned enough calories to net a 5 pound loss during my 2.5 day labor), and a woman is down a net of 11 to 16 pounds.

Then consider is someone is carrying twins and refuses to gain more than 20 pounds. 12 pounds of baby, 12 pounds of placenta and so on...