Old 07-16-2008, 12:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/160/135

Height: 5'4"

Default How many lbs should you lose in 1 week?

Hello everyone,

How many lbs should you lose in 1 week? I've been doing WW at home for 5 days now, and I have not seen any results yet. Should I already? I'm kind of discouraged. I weigh myself a billion times a day, and my weight can vary 4-5lbs! How long does it take before you actually see results usually (obviously I know 5 days is not long enough).

Thanks,
MellyMay
MellyMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/215/175

Height: 5'7"

1-2 lbs a week is good. If you are losing more than that its more likely that you are losing muscle. Usually when you start a new diet you lose the most in the first week. You should weigh yourself in the mornings and be consistant. As you can tell your weight varies a lot throughout the day, and also throughout the month! good luck.
Willow324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:43 PM   #3  
Changing for the better

A safe rate of weight loss is generally 1-2 lbs. per week - more if you are obese, less if you are trying to shed those last few pounds. You should weigh yourself 1x/week to get the most accurate results (definitely no more than 2x/week). How much are you exercising?

Last edited by Kitegirl24; 07-16-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:51 PM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyMay View Post
I weigh myself a billion times a day, and my weight can vary 4-5lbs!
MellyMay - don't do this LOL. At the absolute most, weigh yourself once per day, at the same time. Preferably in the morning. You weight will go up and down during the day depending upon how much water your body is retaining, the weight of the actual food you eat, and any beverages you drink.

Weight loss is so individual. There will be weeks where you won't see a single pound loss, even though you were very good with the plan. Then weeks where you lose, even though you probably shouldn't.
Weight loss isn't linear.

Shoot for 1-2% of your body weight on average. For your starting weight, that would be 1.5 pounds a week for a good rate of loss.

Even at my highest weight, the most I ever lost in one week was 4 pounds. Most weeks it is around a pound. Took quite a while, but one pound at a time and I am almost to goal. You can do it, too - just have patience!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote