Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-14-2008, 09:44 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekly Chat - July 14th - 20th

Good Morning,

Its a rainy morning in NJ... I keep telling myself its a good thing b/c we need the rain LOL

How are you all ?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Height: 5'3"

Hello Leenie and everybody,

I hope it's ok if I join in here! It will be good to have a place to chat with people dealing with similar issues.

Pretty gloomy here in the West Midlands, UK, as usual. I know everyone's feeling a bit cheated because we should really be getting a bit of sun by now but I'm secretly enjoying it I find the gloom soothing.

Hope you're all well and you all have a great day
mimzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

MORNING EVERYONE!!! Welcome MIMZY!!
Feeling like I have got run over with a car cause I am exhausted from the weekend but i am not doing to bad...well i gotta get goin kids fussing and things to do before I crash!! OK HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:59 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

Welcome mimzy! Looking forward to getting to know you. The rain is nice sometimes.

Heather sounds like you have a good plan there.

Well nothing new around here. A bit of tummy bug has been going around so its a little quiet around here. No real plans for the day. I have to get some cleaning done and of course pick DdA up from work at 2. Thankfully the timing worked out that hubby was able to take her to work.

Well have a good day everyone!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #5  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hello girls!

Good news here, and a good distraction form my woes - I ran 6.5 miles today, and I really feel like I'm getting back to taking care of myself.

One more amazing milestone - today, I am in the 'HEALTHY' range of my BMI. Astonishing. I still have more to lose, but I am feeling pretty darned good today, which is very motivating to KEEP AT IT!! Yay me

Love you all -
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #6  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi all!

Sorry I've been MIA most of last week - I took time off work to work on my house, and was painting and putting in trim pretty much non-stop! And I have to say, other than a couple little spots I'm really please with how my amateur dry wall job looks!

Mimzy - nice to meet you. I know what you mean about the gloom - its sorta soft and peaceful...

Heather - WTG on your run and "healthy" bmi! That is wonderful

Buddly - feel better sweetie - tummy bug = no fun!

Leenie - zoom!! Nop rain here, boo. We could use it to.

Mof4 - Wow! I'm gonna have to backtrack to see what you were up to this weekend. I hope it was fun busy!

Not much new here, still struggling with the getting ready to leave everything behind and move my life blues, blah blah. I've decided to restart C25k this week - I finished it last month, but then I just stopped running, so I decided to start it again and focus on improving speed during the running intervals this time. Eh, I may start with wk 3 though...

Gotta run - have a great week everyone!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:09 PM   #7  

Feeeling blah blah blah...just took a little nap and really i coulda easily slept till tomorrow morning...I hate when my butt is dragging.....

Mea- thurs was hectic then fri night we was at a movie night and the pastors called to say a member that had cancer was throwing up blood so I needed to go over there being on of the pastors (dh & I) in the church. Long short I didnt get home till 2 after getting my boys from my friends house. Got to bed at 3...Foster dd hd to call in to the group home before 9am. But my 2 yr old dd was up at 7... then we were at my moms all sat. swimming and stuff and then had some things that came up with a friend and didnt get to sleep until like 3:30 and was up at 8 on sunday morning. Had church then had to drive foster dd back to the group home. 6 hours....and I had taken a stacker so i wouldnt fall asleep driving but they stay in my system for almost 12 hours so i didnt get to sleep until like 12 that night...
ALL of this hit me and crashed down on me..

ok well a lil annoyed with dh right now and i need to tend to kids....Ill write more lata
Old 07-14-2008, 08:14 PM   #8  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

I didn't get to stop by yesterday b/c of work and it being my friend's last night here. I met her and df at Chili's and hung out for while then went to bed. I'm off tomorrow but have a dentist's appointment at 11am. How I want to sleep late!

Congrats on all the exercising start overs! I hope to join you tonight or maybe tomorrow. The longer I sit here the more tired I get.

Heather: I need to mow tomorrow too. I hadn't mowed the yard since I was a kid till probably 3 or 4 yrs ago when we got the house and df was working every weekend. I oddly find it kinda therapeutic. You can zone out with your own thoughts. Hopefully you'll like it too and it won't suck too bad. Make sure you have a self propelled mower if it's not a riding mower.

Welcome to all the newbies!

A lady at work told me tonight that it has been a breath of fresh air having me around there. She also said the past 4 days have been the most pleasant she's had in the 2yrs she's been there b/c of me. That made me feel good. Like I've said, it's not my dream job but I'm going to make the most of it while I'm there and maybe it'll pay off. (I'm not sure how, but I'm telling myself it will )

Mimzy, I thought I was the only strange person who loved gloomy weather. I think it's cozy and peaceful. No bright sun pressuring you to get up and be happy.

Momof4 : For goodness sake, get a sitter, get a hotel room and sleep for at least 16 hours! Sorry about people looking down on your pregnant friend. As Christians, we are supposed to be even more supportive, loving, and forgiving than others but sadly it's often just more judgemental. Hope she gets along OK.

Gotta run. TTYL
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:52 PM   #9  

BLAHHH i am feeling just plain weird...cant figure out what is up...If i could found a store to cut my hair tonight on the way to get ethan I WOULD HAVE...in that type of mood I WANT it cut NOW!!! HAHA...well we are going to the beach for 2 days next week instead of three....but the kids are little and soo its ok atleast we get a few days to relax!!! ok lata
Old 07-15-2008, 12:42 AM   #10  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Hey Everybody!

Sorry I have been MIA a little bit... Today was hugely busy and a little draining...I had uneasy dreams last night so I have been a little more tired than usual today. It was DH's MRI day today and that is always...tense...and will continue to be until we can get the results... So, I missed yoga this morning to go be with him...I will probably go to pilates tomorrow and just do what I can...it is mostly core work anyway. I can't do much cardio but the eating has been going really really well as far as following my new program and I think I may be heading back in the right direction finally weight wise. There is a bit of a learning curve involved with keeping my protein where it needs to be and not overdoing the calories...I think the regular peanut butter was triggering me...I have switched to Organic Natural and I have not been driven to eat as much of it...

Welcome to all the lovely new people and I am sorry I just don't have the energy for personals today... I have read you all and love you just as much as always!

Luv luv Chickies!
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:57 AM   #11  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning all!

Mimzy!

Mom - I have days like that with my hair... like I just can't stand to wait one more second to have it cut!!

Raven - hope all is well with hubby's MRI.

Hope - I hate the dentist - better you than me! :P

Buddly - hope everyone is feeling better in your house - I always feel a bit more irritated getting sick int he summer than in the winter - like it is unfair, or something!

Amarie - drywalling! Good on ya, chick! I can mow my lawn... look at us - aren't we strong, capable women??

Leenie - how are you, doll? Having a good week?

Nothing of news here - still on the job hunt, so going to kick that into high gear today... and do some weights, hopefully.

Chat later -
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:23 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girls,

Mom.. feel better

Heather YOU ROCK !!! and

Hope you are a breath of fresh air

Buddly feel better sweetie.

Amarie you go girl... wanna paint my house

Raven pnut butter is evil I can eat an entire jar uhhhhg.. hang in there.

Mimzy glad your here.

Francie

Cathy & Cin

Sassy thinking about you today.

Well girlies, I gotta run.

Have a great week.

Leenie

Last edited by Leenie; 07-15-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:45 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! thank you so much for welcoming me

momof4, I take my hat off to you! I thought it was hard with just 2 under 5! My youngest is now 12 so the pressure is off a bit... except every time he walks out the door! LOL

Buddly, hope you feel better today.

Heather, congrats on hitting that healthy BMI!

Amarie and hope4me, that's cool you get where I'm coming from on the no sun thing!! And you hit the nail on the head hope4me, I'm sure half of the reason I like gloomy weather is because I don't have to feel bad for not being out there doing all sun-shiney stuff

Ravengirl, hope today will be a less stressful one for you.

Leenie, thanks, I'm happy to be here, hope you have a good day!

Wow... hope I haven't missed anybody! We're having some rare sunshine today and I think it may have gone to my head, I'm all over the place! I am sooo hot.

All the best to everyone
mimzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:15 AM   #14  

Morning all... I cant believe its already 11 where has my morning went???
My to do list:
I am taking all of the stuff from the play room (that is the owners of this house) and put in the basement because someone just gave us a kids washer dryer and kitchen so I need to put it in there. Then I am going to the wash room and putting everything that is theres down in the basement. They must not be coming to get it any time soon!!!
My parents might be moving due to my dads job changing soooo I am not unpacking anything else since if they move we move into their house. Which will suck ONLY because its further away from the church...Good parts..they just redid so much stuff to it....new master bedroom, new kids bedroom, new pool, new deck, new roof, new porch, putting up a new desk, fence in the process, stuff do redo the dinning room floor....can redo the attic...but its already 4 bedroom so the attic can be another bedroom or I can make the one big room down stairs with pocket doors and its own bathroom into a bedroom...So it will hold the family....Just stinks because I am loving living in the city and close to EVERYTHING!!! Oh well I guess God knows what hes doing better than i do!!!

I have laundry to finish since i had to leave to go to a picnic on saturday. its almost washed but not folded or put away!!

I have GOT to excercise...my eating has been decent not over eating at all, just could be eating a little healthier!!! but my weight is not changing like my wed. rings are way tight...ok well i gotta go...baby wants outta high chair she finished her sandwich and I gotta make the kids koolaid (only drink it for meals...I know what a bad mother!!! but they do drink water all day long!!!)

Ok lata sorry didnt get time for personals i did read everyones!!! ok LATA
Old 07-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #15  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Good Morning everyone!

Just stopping in to wish everyone a great day! Its my birthday today, my 30th , or as I prefer to say - the 1st anniversary of my 29th b-day.

Heather - yes, we are rockin strong independent women Who just happen to REALLY appreciate a good piece of cake now and then

Hope - it sounds like you have a very nice coworker there! Woohoo to silver linings.

Mof4- I can't imagine moving a house and all your kids so soon after last time, but if it needs to be done I know that you can do it! Heck, with all you do on a daily basis I don't think anything is beyond your reach!

Mimzy - I woke up this morning to a change in our weather - its gray and overcast - too warm and bright to call gloomy, but close! I think I'll settle on calling it wispy - perfect weather for curling up with a book and cup of tea!

Sassy - I read last weeks posts finally - ah hun. I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he lived a VERY full life and was very loved.

Leenie, Buddly, Cin, Cathy, Francie, Sugar and everyone else - Love ya all.

Gotta run!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote