South Beach Diet - What's for dinner 7/14 - 7/20

View Full Version : What's for dinner 7/14 - 7/20

hmacneil6
07-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Tonight we're having Thai Curry Meatballs w/ Stir-fried veggies and brown rice.

Schmoodle
07-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Lasagne stuffed zucchinni, yum, can't wait!

zeffryn
07-14-2008, 10:55 AM
I have leftover cold thai noodles....but I don't think there is enough.

I think I might throw cola chicken in the crockpot...maybe serve it with some couscous and broccoli. Or maybe some mashed sweet potatoes....we'll see

thunderbegone
07-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Lean ground beef indian-style cutles and seasoned grilled veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, onions and peppers). Last week of phase I!

GONNABE165
07-14-2008, 11:55 AM
grilled turkey burgers & baked sweet potato fries for us

Lulumum
07-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Tonight we're having sun-dried tomato and feta stuffed chicken breasts with salad and tomorrow will be parmesan crusted tilapia with veggies as yet undecided. I'm not sure about the rest of the week, I will be on to phase 2 on wednesday, so I need to go back to the book and plan how I'm going to reintroduce some things into my diet.

murphmitch
07-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Chicken parmesan with steamed broccoli

EofAZ
07-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Grilled elk steak is ready for tonights dinner with broccoli. Peanut butter delight for desert.

TwynnB
07-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Steak salad

Yumm!

Ruthxxx
07-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Grilled chicken breast with peanut sauce, tomato with pesto, green beans

Belle Mer
07-14-2008, 04:39 PM
SBD recipe Chili. Steamed artichoke.

I have to force myself to put together a decent dinner when hubby is out of town on business. Being on Phase 1 is helping me stay away from Whole Foods' grab and go section. :-)

femmecreole
07-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Spaghetti and chicken, salad...sounds boring, huh?? But yummy!

zeffryn
07-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Does anybody have a good recipe for fresh green beans? I just walked through the garden and realized that I have a TON for harvest.

I was thinking something like green beans and caramelized onions with almonds...but, we've had that a lot lately and I was looking for something a little different.

femmecreole
07-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Zeff, I like to smother those babies. Saute some onion (vidallia if you have em) and chopped up turkey bacon together in some olive oil. When that's done add a garlic toe chopped fine, then add the green beans (ok, zydecos for you!!) and then add some chicken stock if you have it, if not, add some water just to cover them and then stir in a little tony's or zatarains..whatever you have , then add a little salt and pepper to taste. I also usually throw in a pinch of cayenne, but that's me. I also like to add a little wine to deglaze the pan after cooking the onions/turkey bacon. Let it cook for while. yum. comfort food!!!

Schmoodle
07-14-2008, 04:58 PM
zeff, this is not really a recipe but my favorite thing to do with them is steam a big bowlful and keep them in the fridge to munch on all week. I throw them in salads, eat them by the handful, plain or dipped in something. I prefer them this way to roasted, my roasted ones always come out tough. The onions and almonds thing sounds good too.

cottagebythesea
07-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Mmmmm, green beans! I love them. :T My favorite way to cook them is to roast them with a drizzle of olive oil and lots of garlic, then I eat them like french fries. I love to stir fry them, too, with chicken or shrimp and black bean sauce. A wonderful vegetarian meal is to serve them as your "spagetti", topped with a good marinara and parmesan or mozzarella cheese.

For tonight's supper, we're having ww thin crust pizza topped with lots and lots of roasted veggies. Dessert is "ice cream" made with yogurt, frozen berries and a little agave.

Barb0522
07-14-2008, 06:13 PM
I've got a garlic mustard green bean recipe that I like. I'm not sure if I got it off of here or somewhere else.

SunshineCA
07-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Leftovers from last night:

Grilled Steak
French-styled Green Beans
Tossed Salad

TwynnB
07-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Trying a new recipe tonight...

Chicken stuffed with green chilies and cheese....

http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/2007/02/recipe-update-chicken-with-green-chiles.html

Sounds good, eh?

Thanks to the recommendations of kalyn's kitchen!!

zeffryn
07-15-2008, 10:08 AM
leftover cola chicken on ezekiel buns, broccoli slaw, mashed sweet potatoes.

Belle Mer
07-15-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm an avid reader of Kalyn's Kitchen, too!

hmacneil6
07-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Twynn b - That recipe has become part of the rotation. It's REALLY GOOD!

Tonight we're having Zefferyn's Greek Tacos w/ Tabbouleh. Looking forward to the light, fresh fare.

Belle Mer
07-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Tonight will be chicken parmesan (no bread crumbs) and a huge steamed artichoke. I ran out of lettuce, so no salad until tomorrow.

Marathon Mom
07-15-2008, 12:56 PM
I made this for dinner last night - Baked tilapia w/ dijon must and mayonaise and sliced almonds w/ brown rice mixed w/ a little olive oil, apples, a few craisins, cinnamon, thyme and some sliced almonds. The rice reminded me of stuffing! It was great for lunch today too!

cottagebythesea
07-15-2008, 02:11 PM
I have some chicken breasts marinating in a Thai peanut sauce. We'll have them grilled on the BBQ with a quinoa salad, cucumbers in a sour cream dill dressing, and sliced garden tomatoes for our supper tonight.

SunshineCA
07-15-2008, 03:15 PM
We're having whole wheat tacos with all the fixins and black beans. I have one kid who prefers the corn tortillas so I'll make a few for him. For dessert we're having chocolate dipped strawberries. :)

hmacneil6
07-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Zeff - Your Greek tacos were a HIT!!! Thanks for the great recipe!

Tonights dinner is maple glazed salmon, asparagus and leek sautee, and a green salad. Nice light eating again.

GONNABE165
07-16-2008, 10:41 AM
tonite dh is making a veggie spaghetti with wheat noodles

Schmoodle
07-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Tonight is leftovers, hooray no cooking!
Lasagne for the kids and lasagne-stuffed zuccchini for me.

I've gotta try those Greek tacos, sound yummy!
hmac is that the leek recipe from Lyn's blog?

hmacneil6
07-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Yep! I'll let you know how it tastes, but I'm sure it will be yummy. The salmon is actually from Kalyn's Kitchen. An internet feast!

zeffryn
07-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Good to hear that the tacos were good, hmac. They are a hit around here as well.

Dinner tonight? I have no idea. SIL is in town and we will probably end up having dinner out or at MIL's house. I wish I knew for sure, I hate not having a plan for dinner!

femmecreole
07-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Turkey Burgers (turkey, vadialia onion,oatmeal,bell pepper, garlic, creole seasoning and worstershire)

Squash..I got a spiral slicer yesterday and made "spaghetti" out of some the squash and smothered it down in onions and creole seasoning.

Spinich salad with red onion, mushrooms and tomatoes.

Belle Mer
07-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Lentil soup, artichoke, salad.

Belle Mer
07-16-2008, 01:26 PM
FemmeCreole, how do you like the spiral slicer?

I've been looking at one for a while.

murphmitch
07-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Beef & broccoli with mushrooms, onions & brown rice

femmecreole
07-16-2008, 04:38 PM
FemmeCreole, how do you like the spiral slicer?

I've been looking at one for a while.

I like it. Just got it yesterday and ran for the squash right away to play with it. Worked just fine once I figured it out!! Can't wait to try it with zuchini.

Belle Mer
07-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Changed my mind about dinner. I made the taco bake but with shredded chicken breast mixed with green chili sauce instead of ground sirloin. It came out quite good.

SunshineCA
07-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Everyone ate something different. My DH and my youngest son had Whole Wheat Tacos leftovers. My daughter and I had Dill Shrimp Salad with Herb Dill Dressing. I prepared everything last night and it was yum, yum, GOOD!!! :D

Dessert was optional. We had a few Chocolate Dipped Strawberries leftover. There was also Sugar-Free Jell-O.

I also had a boatload of water and a glass or two of Cabernet Sauvignon. ;)

I don't know what my oldest son is going to eat. The kitchen will be CLOSED by the time he gets home from school/rehearsal. More than likely he'll eat out with friends, bring something home, probe through the fridge or make his stand-by, a couple of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on whole wheat bread and a glass of chocolate vanilla soy milk.

hmacneil6
07-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Last nights dinner was really good. I ended up combining two recipes for the side and made cheese leeks & Asparagus. WAY YUMMY!!!

Tonight we're having chicken rolls w/ ham and swiss, toasted quinoa pilaf w/ kale, and a big green salad.

GONNABE165
07-17-2008, 10:48 AM
dh said tonite he is making a healthy alternate to beanie weanies

Belle Mer
07-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Well, tonight I'll get around to making the lentil soup and steaming the artichoke, I hope. :-)

SunshineCA
07-17-2008, 02:07 PM
My DH wants spaghetti so by golly he's gonna get it!! :hun:

We're going to have turkey whole wheat spaghetti, tossed salad and garlic bread for those who choose to indulge. For dessert, we'll serve slices of cantaloupe with ricotta cheese. :)

grneyedmustang
07-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Trying a new recipe tonight...

Chicken stuffed with green chilies and cheese....

http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/2007/02/recipe-update-chicken-with-green-chiles.html

Sounds good, eh?

Thanks to the recommendations of kalyn's kitchen!!

This sounds really good. I'm putting it on next week's menu!

murphmitch
07-17-2008, 03:10 PM
This sounds really good. I'm putting it on next week's menu!

Me too! :drool:

Ruthxxx
07-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Shhhh but I'm making a very small red potato salad with wee taters from the garden, dill vinegar and olive oil. I'll have it with beef kababs, grilled peppers and green beans. I measured the taters and am using only 4 oz. so the sin is not that big. Fire me as MOD if you like.

TwynnB
07-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Shhhh but I'm making a very small red potato salad with wee taters from the garden, dill vinegar and olive oil. I'll have it with beef kababs, grilled peppers and green beans. I measured the taters and am using only 4 oz. so the sin is not that big. Fire me as MOD if you like.

LOL.

Ehhhhh. I think we'll keep ya :D.

JellyBean32882
07-17-2008, 10:11 PM
I had boneless skinless chicken breast topped with lemon juice and lemon and pepper seasoning, it was pretty good.

Schmoodle
07-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Enjoy, Ruth, enjoy.
We'll keep you around anyway.
Fresh tiny potatoes right out of the garden, how could you resist?

That's one part of this diet I've always had a problem wrapping my head around anyway. Potato chips, fries, yes I understand why we have to stay away. Anything with added butter, mashed potatoes, etc.
But I've always thought of a baked potato, which I can eat plain or with salsa, as a very healthy food, full of fiber and vitamins. I have given them up, haven't had a baked potato in over a year. But I kind of hope one day they'll decide they don't have such a high glycemic load after all...
That and corn on the cob, watermelon, and pineapple.

murphmitch
07-17-2008, 10:19 PM
I overdid it last night & ate a whole can of garbanzo beans for dinner with NSA spaghetti sauce and a little mozzarella cheese. I'm paying for it today if you know what I mean! :eek:

knittwhit
07-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Does anybody have a good recipe for fresh green beans? I just walked through the garden and realized that I have a TON for harvest.

I was thinking something like green beans and caramelized onions with almonds...but, we've had that a lot lately and I was looking for something a little different.

Cook the beans to al dente, cool them then mix with a can (drained and rinsed) of kidney beans, a can of chick peas, chopped scallion and chopped parsley or cilantro. Dress with equal parts (I usually use 1/8 to 1/4 cup depending on how big of a salad- your dressing it not sending it out for a swim :lol: ) olive oil, cider vinegar and splenda. It makes a lovely 3 bean salad.

Lindy87
07-18-2008, 11:57 AM
Tonight we are having pepper steak with brown rice.

Belle Mer
07-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Leftover chili. Not in a cooking mood...

zeffryn
07-18-2008, 01:06 PM
mexican food....I think I'll probably have shrimp fajitas....they offer ww tortillas as well.

hmacneil6
07-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Don't know what's on the menu for tonight, but it will be fast and inexpensive.

But I wanted to share my chicken idea from last night that was SO GOOD!

I flattened out 2 chicken breast, seasoned with salt, pepper, & thyme. Placed a piece of swiss & deli ham on top. I then spread a 2 t. of dijon mustard and a t. of agave nectar over the ham and cheese. Rolled them up and cooked them at 350 for 30 min.

They tasted just like the Malibu Chicken I used to love at Sizzler.

CyndiM
07-18-2008, 05:51 PM
It's 90 so dinner will be on the grill not in the house! We have leftover veggie burgers from camping that need to be cooked so I'll toss those on and lots of summer squash spears marinated in lf sundried tomato dressing. I will probably risk the stove for 5 minutes to saute some swiss chard too. I always crave greens when I've been away from home.

Ruthxxx
07-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Well, my red blood cell count is "borderline" according to the test results so I am having a smallish piece of calves liver, Swiss chard sauteed with pine nuts and garlic and fennel salad dressed with lemon juice and olive oil. Tomorrow I pick up the iron supplement. Yick!

cottagebythesea
07-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Mmmmm, your chicken recipe sounds yummy, Heather!

Supper tonight was a chicken breast marinated in Italian salad dressing and baked, then topped with artichoke/asiago cheese brushetta topping, and roasted zucchini, baby green beans and red bell peppers.

CyndiM
07-19-2008, 08:02 PM
I modified another recipe that has a really good spice combo to make chard garbanzo curry over brown rice.

SunshineCA
07-20-2008, 02:42 AM
We had leftover spaghetti and a tossed salad. I didn't fix it until last night afterall. For dessert we had fresh fruit.

CyndiM
07-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Bounty Rice with Cabbage and Crumbles - my own variation with less rice and way more cabbage :)

TwynnB
07-20-2008, 08:29 PM
grilled pork tenderloin, sweet potatoes for the hubby (he doesn't like the squash!), spaghetti squash for me, fresh green beans, and deviled eggs.

cottagebythesea
07-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Dinner was prepared outside on the grill. We had salmon, zucchini, mushrooms, red bell peppers, corn on the cob, and SF crustless chocolate fudge mousse pie for dessert.

Belle Mer
07-20-2008, 08:46 PM
SBD cookbook recipe baked bbq chicken. Broccoli with garlic and lemon. Tossed salad.

JellyBean32882
07-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Dinner was prepared outside on the grill. We had salmon, zucchini, mushrooms, red bell peppers, corn on the cob, and SF crustless chocolate fudge mousse pie for dessert.

That sounds so good, someday soon I'll try that :)