Old 07-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 283.4/251.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up Back on track after a very difficult week...

The past week and a half has been pretty difficult for me. My cat got very sick on the 2nd. Two days later, I had to put her to sleep. Not only was I unable to keep up with healthy groceries because of the cost, but I was also pretty depressed and just felt like eating whatever I wanted.

I went in to LAWL last Wednesday and was weighed. I had gained a pound since the last time I went in. Well, that's not as bad as it could have been, I guess.

I didn't too well during the day on Thursday since I was only able to buy groceries towards the end of the day (after work). I still ate bad food that day. Friday was meh. I did okay, but I think that was the day I skipped breakfast (bad!).

Saturday was okay. I had a good breakfast and a so-so lunch. I went off plan a bit for lunch since I was at a Toronto Blue Jays game. I still counted everything. I even brought healthy snacks! I had a great dinner too.

It's really difficult to get back on track after eating whatever I felt like eating. Yesterday was the first day I did REALLY well since I started back on. I'm now motivated again. I look forward to the number on the scale going down now. I also won some LA bars on eBay - I got 28 bars for the cost of 12 at the centre. I'm happy about that!
KatDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:08 AM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

Kat.. Sorry for your loss.. I think all of us here know very well what you're going through. Losing a loved pet is never easy and the resulting meh-attitude toward life shortly afterward is no stranger to any of us...

Good job getting back on track.. Healthy snacks at a baseball game??? I didn't know such things existed!!

It is hard to get back on the horse, but it looks like you're going in the right direction. Keep it up and just let the past week go, as far as the diet is concerned.. Can't dwell on past daliences... The past week was hard enough dealing with the loss of your cat.. Don't worry about what you did, food wise.. This is a new week!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 283.4/251.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2112 View Post
Healthy snacks at a baseball game??? I didn't know such things existed!!
They do when you bring your own. I planned ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2112 View Post
Keep it up and just let the past week go, as far as the diet is concerned.. Can't dwell on past daliences... The past week was hard enough dealing with the loss of your cat.. Don't worry about what you did, food wise.
Thanks for the advice. That's pretty much how I see it too. I haven't been letting it get to me since there really was no way around it anyways.
KatDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #4  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

sorry to hear about your kitty. hope you're doing ok.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatDev View Post
They do when you bring your own. I planned ahead.

Thanks for the advice. That's pretty much how I see it too. I haven't been letting it get to me since there really was no way around it anyways.

Exactly right.. But let me reitterate what I mentioned to Gotsta in the F and L thread.. She too has been dealing with a loss and (understandibly) wasn't as concerned with what she was eating as a result.. After doing some thinking today after my own "emotional" experience (putting my daughter on a plane by herself so she could go visit family in California), I'm convinced that even though emotional eating cannot be avoided sometimes due to kinds of food available or just simply being concerned with other things, we can have some power over what we do with those choices.. Simply moderating the intake can help, even if the food choices are not "on plan".. If we spare a few moments just to make sure we don't overdo it, that will still help...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Good job getting back on track,

The trick to losing and keeping it off is to minimize the damage when things go wrong. As things have the tendency to go wrong. Whenever I find myself in "getting back on plan" mode, I do a post mortem on the reasons I slipped, what better choices were available and how I might do better next time. This self examination has resulted in a slow improvement in my reaction to things. Since there are going to still be times when you have emotions, and all of us emotional eaters need other ways to comfort ourselves and be good to ourselves instead of doing it via bad food. Since self destructive eating does not make you feel better for long. I find that I can have almost the same soothing effect with a bubble bath instead of a whole lot of eating, and I get out of the tub and I'm only cleaner and not still feeling relaxed. I guess sometimes it is just giving myself "permission" to have the feelings instead of stuffing them or minimizing them. So sorry you lost a pet. Feel good that you gave your kitty a good life, and do something good for yourself... whatever that is... Sometimes for me just taking a few minutes alone in a dark room to go into deep relaxation can be a real treat... free and calorie free.... Anyway, with a new lifestyle comes new coping mechanisms for when you feel emotional. Not that I've totally conquered emotional eating, but really the fewer times you end up in that bad place, the healthier you will be in the long run, both psychological and physically.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote