Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 06:10 PM   #31  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

The end of the weekend is near...

Hi all, things are fine here. Work has intruded on the weekend but I knew that this summer would be icky. Next better not have any major projects.

So my big news is I splurged and bought myself and ipod touch. It was WAY expensive and was the reason I kept flip-flopping on it. But DS2 got an iphone and I really liked it. But I love my Windows mobile phone with the Pocket Quicken and my diet software that I sync with DH's computer. So I decided the only feature the touch didn't have that the iphone did was the phone which I didn't need. Voila, the decision was made. So DS2 and I drove over the mountain to Costco and bought it. I just bought cases for the new touch. An otter box for waterproof listening (aka at my pool and working around my pool as I've been know to be klumsy and could fall in) and a pretty pink acrylic one. I'm going to sell my 80 Gig ipod classic on ebay since it's in pristine shape. That should take the edge off the ridiculous cost of the new ipod.

Food, wow, I flew off the wagon and landed with a resounding thud. I have the munchies and must stop them. DH and I have decided tonight we're making ice cream for dinner (instead of dinner and ice cream). So that gets me crawling back.

Auntie G you're doing so great. Congrats on the loss. You must be so pleased. Enjoy the pizza on Saturday. You amaze me that you can wait so long. I must work my cravings into my calorie count or I'll blow it (like I did yesterday).

Carol, I get way more water weight in the summer due to the heat. If you're eating right and exercising, the pounds will go.

Talk with you all later. I'm going to go swimming.
Marie
Old 07-21-2008, 07:21 AM   #32  

Marie I hope your right on the water wt. I did notice in the mirror this a.m. that my under arm fab is much tighter so my paddling is working for me. My stomach muscles are also something you use to. The other day when we paddled I got a serious cramp in my stomach area. I think its using muscles that causes it. At any rate today is my Bday so I will fit some exercise in but also breakfast out and lunch out today. It only comes once a year might as well enjoy getting older. This is my funky year 1954 and turning 54 kind of neat when yah think about it. I had my family party for my daughter whom is 29 today yesterday. Even though I got gifts to it in my mind is her day. Takes the edge of getting older off of me. I am going to shop with some of my B money today. I have the day off. I tried to becareful of my intake yesterday I think it was okay for a party celebration. My BIL gave me a real nice compliment saying how well I organized everything right down to the last detail and had everything going on time. The kids got to swim, play and everyone seemed to have a good time. My sister as always drank to much I never even had anything til my best friend came over last night a glass of wine. I worry about my sis but she just isn't going to chg. so guess thats that. Over all everything was good.
My friend gave me a nice photo of me kayaking and in a bed of flowers in the lake with my kayak relaxing. She had printed on there life is good. I loved it. That was from last yr. when we took a sick day went paddling as I was making a decision on my job. Do I leave or stay big day of making a choice. I have to say I don't regret my decision. Even though the company is doing a lot of changes hopefully for the better thats what we here.
Well thats it for today. Oh Auntie g I think they will beable to see the 3D as long as they have those funky glasses their going to be cool get the camera ready.
Oh we saw an eagle when we were kayaking it was so cool.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:30 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL!!!

(Calories don't count on your birthday! )

I'm hoping to keep things lite this week, in preparation for my upcoming Saturday pizza. Gotta go get the car's oil changed any minute now, and going to the pool this afternoon. It's still blazing hot, so I'm thinking tuna salad sandwiches for dinner.

Have a great day!
Old 07-21-2008, 12:07 PM   #34  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Birthday Carol! I hope you have a wonderful day. The photo of you in the kayak sounds perfect - you in your element! Birthday greetings to your daughter too!

Marie - You're a real gadget person! I hope you have lots of fun with your new toy. Your "otter box" sounds handy for the pool. An ice cream dinner sounds great - no harm once in a while. A little of what you like does you good!

Auntie G - Congratulations on the 2.5 lb. loss! I hope you have fun with your niece and nephew - I bet they're excited about the 3-D glasses. I've enjoyed reading your posts and getting to know you.

You had asked about my surgery. I'm a breast cancer survivor (7 years now) and had some problems with my implant (too big after losing weight and it shifted out of position a bit). So, since it needs replacing every 7-10 years I decided to bite the bullet and get it done. I had reconstructive surgery and a new implant put in. I also had a "nip and tuck" on the other breast which had been previously reduced. I can't wait to see the results when the bandages come off tomorrow!

Here is my quick bio: I'm 58 and a Brit living here in the States for almost 30 years. My DH is Swiss and my DS, who is 24, now lives in Boise, ID working for an architectural engineering company. I work at home for my husband, who is a consulting engineer in the plastics industry. I lost about 40 lbs. a few years ago and kept most of it off, except I gained back 10 lbs. when I went to England last year. I've now lost 5 of those stubborn pounds and feel like I'm back on track.

Judy - I hope your trip is going well.

I'm feeling a lot better today and I'm tapering off the pain meds. I weighed myself today and it looks like I haven't gained. I made quite a few meals ahead and that really helped not eating too much take out. I figure my bandages, tubes, etc. weigh at least a pound so maybe I'll be down a pound when they come off!!

Have a good week everyone!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:21 PM   #35  

Good evening, all!

Penny, thanks for the background info, and I'm glad you're feeling better! I imagine that having survived the big C, you're tough enough to do anything you put your mind to doing! Hope all is great when the bandages come off!

Carol, a friend and I were just talking about the "pictures as gifts" topic. She thought that maybe people think she's being cheap when she does that, but I think it's the best gift! I'm sure your kayaking photos are much more meaningful than some other dust collector would be - very cool.

Marie, all that ipod talk made my head spin - lol! I'm 43, but when it comes to technology, I feel like I'm 100. I even resisted cell phones and computers for way longer than anyone else I know. In fact, my most recent electronic purchase was a RECORD PLAYER! I saved my albums for all these years, with nothing to play them on, and finally got me one. It was so funny when I showed it to the little guys, and they were like, "that's what CDs used to look like?" LOL, I'm such a dinosaur.

Well, keep cool everyone, and have a great Tuesday!
Old 07-22-2008, 12:03 AM   #36  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi just a quick message as Blizzard (doggie) is nearly plopped in my lap and it's difficult to type. I love snuggling with her and she rarely totally snuggles, so she wins.

Carol!!!! Your party sounded fun and wonderful. Don't give up on sis - my dad is a recovering alcoholic and didn't stop until he was in his 70's. Been dry since seeing the light. So you never know.

Penny, I'm so glad to hear your doing better. Perhaps the girls will be balanced now. What happens when (note when not if) you lose more weight?

Auntie g, I can't imagine life without my toys. But as my job requires some of them, it's good I'm in love with them. I do love my new ipod, but I definitely haven't explored it yet. Work is too hectic with the building move this week. At least it will finally be over. My computer was moved out of my office today and set up in the district's board room. Too accessible if you ask me. I like being remote and away from the PTB. But the building is being lifted and moved about 100 feet so we must vacate and the move is what has caused the ridiculous amount of work.

Judy, hope Vermont is great.

Well I have a kink in my shoulder from typing so awkwardly so I'll say bye for now. Oh, no exercise except my jaws which went into overdrive with food.
Marie
Old 07-22-2008, 04:43 PM   #37  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Auntie G - That's funny about your grandkids and the record player. I bet they were surprised at the "giant" CD's we used to play! My DH and DS, like Marie, are really into gadgets but I don't even have an iPod. If somebody put all the music on for me I might use it, except I hate having anything in my ear so I'd have to use it with headphones.

Marie - I can just see Blizzie snuggling in your lap. Teddy, one of our cats, loves to do that when I'm trying to use my laptop and chews on it till I put it down and pay attention to him. I'm hoping that my "girls" are more balanced after the bandages come off, although that wasn't the only reason for having the surgery. I also had some discomfort issues that needed to be addressed and the plastic surgeon did quite a bit of reconstruction and put in a 'smoother' type of implant which will I hope will be more comfortable. Hopefully, the new implant will last another 7-10 years. I think I can safely lose another 20-30 lbs. without seeing too much difference in size as the old implant was apparently too big to begin with!

Judy & Carol - I hope everything is going great for you.

My DH got us some Greek takout for lunch. We had chicken & shrimp kabobs with salad and rice pilaf. We shared one order and it was just right - I figured out the cals at 375. It seems most take out servings are plenty for two these days. I'm hoping to be down another pound by Friday. I'm getting nearer to being in the 180's again and this time I'm even more determined not to gain any back as it's just too darned hard to get it off again!

Last edited by penpal; 07-22-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:10 PM   #38  

Thanks for all the B day wishes. One more party on thurs. lunchoen at work for me and the new director. I like working for guys no punt girls but they wine less and don't get into the office junk as much. So I like that. He is a guy I have known for the 10 years and I had several people in his program he ran. Now he will be the director of my dept and several others. He will be spread quite thin needless to say but his main office will be with us. No issue for me I don't mind and grateful they moved some up instead of hiring from outside. He knows that I know my job and in the past was very pleased when I stayed on and had told me so and reminded me of it and said now more than ever he is so pleased to have me and the crew. Nice to not have to start over completly with someone new etc. He and I shared a case together too. So he knows my work he refers to me as the vet cause I have been around the longest. Should be interesting to say the least.
Food wise I am doing better exercise yesterday was the yard work yes on my bday. Today too busy but did do the stairs at work and ate good. Well thats about it Marie I liked hearing about the dog. Bear is standing here waiting for my attention also. Have a good evening girls.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:42 PM   #39  

Oh man, what a day! We had a little bit of criminal excitement on the block today, and I sure hope nothing else comes of it, but it gave me some unintended exercise. My DH decided to follow/chase the bad guy, and then I got nervous when they got out of my sight, so I decided to run after them. Two problems with that - I don't think I've RUN since I was forced to in 6th grade (ugh!), and I had no shoes on and it was 200 degrees out (well, it felt like it, anyway!) Well, now the bottoms of my feet are burnt and in some pretty decent pain. Guess my running career will be on hold for a while longer - LOL!

Marie, I love doggie snuggling too. I really miss my girl sleeping with us, but she hasn't gone up the stairs for almost 3 years now, ever since she had knee surgery. (And she refuses to be carried, not that I could really do that because she's about 65 lbs of resistance!) Now I get on the floor with her on her blankie when I'm watching TV at night. Have to take what I can get!

Penny, I hope you're healing up nicely! And I don't have an iPod either. I barely even know what one is- though I do know it has to do with music. This is how behind the times I am- my car stereo says it plays mp3's, but I don't know what an mp3 is. So sad...

Carol, good luck with your new director. I agree that it can be much easier to work with guys most of the time. Of course I'd be happy to work with anyone at this point, because I spend most of my work day in solitary confinement, or so it seems.

I've had enough of today, I'm off to bed, have a great Wednesday everyone!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:55 AM   #40  

Oh Auntie G becareful sometimes especially lately with the crime rate etc. you never know if they have a gun etc. Seems as they will go after anyone in there way without any remorse. Becareful did the police end up with him or her?
Things are going to get even worse if our economy doesn't change. Someone stole out of the mail box one of my clients S.S. cks and even cashed it with signing his own name now I tell yah someone at the little local store is also in big trouble what a stupid move that was and a federal law broken taking it and cashing it etc. Oh I wouldn't want to be him.
I am all dressed and ready to start my day. I will end my day taking someone to the food pantry at a big local church. The lady is 80 and I knew she wouldn't go if I just gave her the info. So for the first time I will attend with her. She isn't on my caseload but her son is. One rolls right into the other if you know what I mean. So another 9 hr. day today. But on a happy note things are getting done and I will get out a bit early on friday.
Today I am starting off with some cereal as I am having lunch with my 76 year old auntie. She has asked me to redo some of her necklaces with new toggles so she can continue to use them they are hard for her to get on now. My daughters necklace for her birthday was the prettist I have ever made very orginal and some beads from my trip to HI. so it makes it even more special. Now I want to reproduce something similar for myself. I have to say it was really nice. I have a few people interested in buying some things so I have to get designing. Great christmas gifts and if the person has a color they like it makes it even more personalized.
On thurs. we ha ve the lunchoen for birthdays at work. So this week it is making good choices and watching portions. We have been invited out to dinner friday night there is another watch day. Saturday a pig roast and sunday I am suppose to go out with the girls. Wow! BUT today I am going to either go for a walk inbetween things as it is a long day or stop at the gym for a little while depends on the weather. Trying my hardest to get on track.
When I am busy making jewels or sewing, gardening my hands aren't putting foods in the hole in my face hah hah! I need to move on in the right direction.
Have a super day!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:52 PM   #41  

Ugh! We've been having big thunderstorms all night, and I just snuck onto the computer for a quick check-in before I have to unplug again. At least our heatwave is supposed to be ending with these storms - hurray!

Carol, yeah, I do not think it is ever a good idea to chase down any type of criminal. I've been trying to get that through DH's head for a long time now, but the testosterone always seems to win. I felt like I had to join the chase just to make sure my hubby was ok. He did eventually give it up and come back, and then the police finally caught up with the scumbag when he circled back to his car. They detained him for a couple hours, but then let him go. I guess they didn't have anything to charge him with since they didn't bother talking to any of us. What the guy was doing was lurking and hiding in people's yards, and he was clearly up to something, but I guess he hadn't accomplished his crime yet. Well, we'll all be on the lookout for him, but hopefully never see him again!

It looks like you're having a challenging food week! So many social situations... Like you said, just control your portions, and have a good time! Uh oh, here comes the lightning again. Gotta unplug. Happy Thursday everyone!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:00 AM   #42  

Scary non the less Auntie G wow! I work in the city where there are shootings I read about all the time. When I read where I think oh I travel that rd. etc. I live in the country and that is kind of quiet but even with that yah get some rif raf stuff thats not nice. Just not as much or as close to me. At any rate stay safe and I know the guy thing its hard even I would most likely do the same sometimes.
Last night I have to confess I worked a 10.5 hr day can anyone say vacation on monday well I always manage to pay for it. But my day ended in not making such a good choice for food. I ordered a calzone on the way home. Wow it was great but I had done so well all day long. I guess my tummy said hey lady yah usually feed me about 4 hrs. ago whats up. I think it would of been worse if I had eaten bad all day so I guess I will count my blessings there. I took a 81 year old lady to the food pantry for her first time. It took awhile but well worth it. Her eyes lite up with how generous the amount of food she recieved was. Tears in her eyes as she thanked me as several times said oh honey you have put in a long day. I told her it was fine
etc... It was a busy day but a nice one too. Today is my lunchoen at work so its a simple healthy breakfast and my dinner I promised myself will be healthy and lunch I WILL try to limit my portions. Exercise not yesterday other than the stairs at work. I will get out early on friday and think it will be a gym day.
I forgot to tell you all about my trip. I fell going out of the house yesterday morning to start off my day. The stairs were slippery due to rain I of course carrying my daily junk purse, coffee, bag with papers etc. Top step went down so quick hurt my bum the most and my left wrist a little my butt was so wet. I had to come back in find a skirt iron it and off I went again. Crazy huh! The hubby heard me yell he came out picked everything up for me and put it in the car. My cup polish pottery a favorite thank goodness did not break. Today I am a bit sore but not too bad could of been much worse. Glad yesterday is over and today will be a fresh start.
Hope every one else is doing well diet wise and life wise! Have a great day!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #43  

Well I did pretty good considering a lunchoen and all. I skipped the roll had a slice of meat and some spinach salad which was very good,cabbage salad, dip a and a few baked chips, a little cool whip dessert. It was a nice time and we all got to hang out for awhile. Our new director joined us as well and that was nice. He said to me why is your computer so old. I said it hasn't been replaced he asked if I like it I said heck no its so slow. Then said it will be something we will look at replacing in the near future you deserve a new one. I was happy I think things are going to be very good in our dept. I look forward to some improvements overall with the office its so old and we are going to move eventually.
Tonight I made some broiled fish for dinner, baked potatoe and a fresh salad with my first cukes from the garden. I put together a salad for fridays lunch as well and then we have some stuff leftover from today.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Friday I hope to make some healthy choices when we go for dinner as well. I am working on it.
Thank goodness its almost the weekend short weeks really are more pressure on all of us work wise. Money mtg. class today quite interesting and they gave out a new calculator and a file folder, etc. Little things that keep us happy and organized hopefully save us money down the road.
Have a great weekend rain here tonight.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:39 PM   #44  

Well, Carol, it sounds like you made good food choices today! I hope you're recovering from your "trip"! You have cukes! I planted some for the first time this year, but they don't seem to be getting anywhere. There's lots of flowers, but they don't turn into anything. I don't know what the problem is, as I've read that they are easy to grow. Any ideas? I can't wait for my tomatoes to ripen up. There are a lot, and some are getting huge, but they haven't started to change color at all. Mmmmm, tomato sandwiches...

I'm doing ok with food this week, saving up for that Hannah Montana pizza party on Saturday, so I expect this week's weigh in will be ok, but next week's maybe not. Oh well, that's life, right? Sometimes you just have to have the "good stuff".

Our heat wave is finally gone, so I guess I should start going walking again. Walking seems to be the only exercise I can ever stick with, but I've really let it slide since it's been so hot. Of course I do walk my dog multiple times a day, but it's not very long or very fast, but it's better than nothing. Well, fall will be here before we know it!

Hope everyone's doing well!
Old 07-25-2008, 06:41 AM   #45  

Not much of a move on the scale but I will take it the old scale and the new are off by a lb. But the new one reads that I lost 3lbs. so I will take it. Now will use only the new one even though its up a lb. most likely more acurate than the old one. I am still up in wt. and not really happy about it. But thats life and I am working on it. I did notice my underarm flabby area is tighter so guess the kayaking is helping that area. I am going to the gym this afternoon and now am seriously starting back there. Too many excuses for me in the past now its get there!
Auntie G have a great time with the party sounds like fun. Oh you are going to love the 3d scenes I did! Its crazy how one little pair of glasses can make it all happen or not. Enjoy you pizza and sometimes its best to just have it enjoy it then move on. I just had my breakfast some fresh blueberries on bran cereal. Talked myself out of a mini bagel. Thats what I need to continue to do think before it goes in I guess?
Gardening if you have cuke flowers you'll have cukes eventually the different kinds take longer or less time. I have the mini ones for pickling for my salads or just to munch on. Then planted longer ones as well. Had my first little tomatoe too. I have lots of peppers and tomatoes coming and can't wait for fresh green beans. The squash that came back from last season is one I didn't like go figure so I am pulling it out with hopes it doesn 't return. It is a white yes white flat squash yuk. I like almost any veggie but this is not one of them. I did plant zuc. and waiting for that to be ready. Have a super friday!
Have a good day
Closed Thread