Weight Loss Support - What is your reward for when you reach goal?

luckymommy
07-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if you have something extra special planned for yourselves once you reach your goal weight or goal body shape? I do have special rewards for mini-goals. Every 5 lbs. I lose, I treat myself to a manicure or pedicure...or a new pair of (cheap) jeans to get me through to the next size. However, as far as when I reach my final goal, I don't really have anything special planned only because to me, the reaching of the goal sounds incredible enough! Still, I got to thinking about how I'd like to do something to reward myself because lately, I'm starting to like myself more and I want to give myself something for doing such a gosh darn good job! ;) So, any ideas? Or, do you think it's better to just focus on the success of reaching the goal?

sh3l5
07-13-2008, 01:08 PM
ive been struggling with this all the way through my journey....
i havent a clue what to do...
but chances are it will take a lot more work yet....
i plan to drop my goal by a possible 14lbs....

Zima
07-13-2008, 01:09 PM
My goal will be enough reward in itself :) Then, it'll be time to set a new goal.

STi
07-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Like above...meeting my goal and then some was enough of a reward for me...Now it's definition goal!

suitejudyblueeyes
07-13-2008, 01:14 PM
I don't use clothing as rewards. I figure I deserve to feel and look my best at whatever weight I am, so I buy clothes as I need them. My reward for hitting 10% was a tattoo... and my reward for hitting goal will be the other half of the tattoo. Mini goal rewards have been primarily CDs, but I think I'm going to start rewarding myself with (healthy) cookbooks and exercise stuff... since both of these things will help keep me on-track and lead to even more goal rewards :)

vikkivma
07-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Well, my mom and I are both losing weight at the moment, so we said when we got under a certain number (190 for me - almost there!) we'd have a spa day, because neither of us are very into pampering ourselves normally.

But for me, since I spent two years buying "goal clothes" without ever getting into them, now when I lose 5 pounds, I go through the drawer and I'm always able to take out a couple of things that now fit me, which feels great.

PhotoChick
07-13-2008, 01:29 PM
I also got a tattoo when I hit 1/2 way to my goal and I'll get another when I make my goal.

But other than that I have no particular reward in mind. Getting there will be reward enough, I think.

Wesa
07-13-2008, 01:47 PM
This is sorta weird but when I reach my goal I'm getting a boob job! I had my kids pretty young and now they need a little lift:.)

fiberlover
07-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Disneyworld!!!!

fatcat_1966
07-13-2008, 01:55 PM
the rate i am going by the time i reach my goal weight they will be carrying me in a smaller coffin cos i will be dead :D.Hope i get there soon!!!:shrug:
catherine

FB
07-13-2008, 02:37 PM
One of my rewards will be a really super duper fancy designer dress from Neiman Marcus for New Year's Eve.

At that point I'll have been on plan for a year, although I don't know if I'll be at goal weight (I have secret aspirations of being there or really close although I know in my heart not to assign a date to goal)!

My husband's jaw hit the floor when he saw the price of some I was looking at but I justify the huge price tag with the fact that my wedding dress was under $100.00. I want a really fancy dress just one time in my life and I'll have worked really freaking hard for it.

I've had some great rewards along the way, I firmly believe in rewarding myself and don't know what my ultimate goal reward will be. After I hit goal weight I'll continue working towards a goal BF% and muscle laden physique. Since I'm weight training and it will take a long while to reach my goal physique I'm thinking of something outrageous, like an old Corvette Stingray. I love old muscle cars. What better reward than a muscle car for a muscle girl?

JazzyNurse
07-13-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm treating myself to something every 10 pounds and for my final goal I'm dying my hair red (I've always been blonde) and a day at a spa. Looking forward to both!

LynseyLikes2Lose
07-13-2008, 02:59 PM
I haven't thought about it. I haven't treated myself at all through the whole 43 pounds so it never crossed my mind. I think I'll have to come up with something special because by the time I'm done that will be a HUGE accomplishment. Hmmm......

Tomato
07-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Just like Lynsey, I really haven't thought about it. I do plan to buy a nice (expensive) pair of jeans, but I will need them. So far, I haven't really had to buy jeans because I have had a good supply from the past. Unfortunately, I am now on my last pair because the other ones that I have are in a style that is no longer in, so I may have go shopping for jeans soon. However, I don't consider that a reward, that's a necessity.

I don't really need a material reward. I am doing this for myself and for my own health; and I am already being rewarded by the compliments that I am getting from my friends and co-workers and by my more slimmer and toned body. I still want to take it to the next level so that my BMI is less than 25, and my secret goal is 20% body fat. That in itself would be enough of a reward for me.

LandonsBaby
07-13-2008, 04:00 PM
weight loss goal - probably a laptop computer (if we can afford it)

body shape goal - carribean vacation with my hubby (we had better be able to afford it, haha)

luckymommy
07-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Thanks for all the responses....I got some really great ideas! I can't wait to reach my goal, but I know it will take some time, so these kinds of topics keep me motivated to keep on going.

snapless
07-17-2008, 08:02 AM
I was young (23 I think?), dumb and drunk and on a whim, paid a cheap price for a cheap tattoo. The only thing good about it is it is on my left shoulderblade so I don't have to look at it every day. The guy who did it dug so deep if I tried to have it removed it would leave a nasty scar and might not even remove all the ink.

I've been putting in 1000 yen (100 yen is approximately equal to 1 US dollar, although the value has fluctuated as much as 20 yen in either direction since we've been here) in a coin bank for each pound lost.

Once I hit goal, I'm going to a local artist to have a coverup done. He's not cheap and what he does is beautiful art. It is expensive, by appointment only, and usually takes multiple sessions.

Anyway, that's my gift to myself for goal weight.

Mrs Snark
07-17-2008, 08:52 AM
I'm going diving with manatees this fall as my goal reward. I've always wanted to do this, but hated the idea of squeezing into a tight wet suit in front of everyone and I knew I'd be so super self-conscious that it would ruin the whole experience for me. But now I'm really looking forward to it, yippee! The wet suit has become a non-issue.

MonteCristo
07-17-2008, 09:47 AM
When I make goal I plan to get myself a really nice leather jacket. I've wanted one for years, but I kept telling myself that I should wait until I lost weight so I wouldn't waste the money. I'm very picky about leather, so the jacket will probably be fairly expensive, but I'm worth it!! ;) Of course, by the time I make goal, I'll probably need a whole new wardrobe......

EarthShaker
07-17-2008, 12:00 PM
I hadn't thought of this, really.

I think I'll do a backpacking trip through Europe when I get to final goal weight.

I bought a good pair of hiking boots one pound before I hit 25 lost; I figure that'll do me for another 10 lbs or so.

McKenziesmomma
07-17-2008, 12:20 PM
This is just me...but I never ever reward myself with food...thats what got me into my situation...using food to reward, medicate, comfort myself....food is food only ..its there to fuel my body in the things I want to do...that is it...I control food...it doesn't control me!!!

For my rewards right now...my mini goals I am trying not to spend money if I can...my last rewards were new workout DVD's ...I tried to find ways to get them for free or little cost....I found out there are some at the local library, borrowed some from friends, checked out Netflix for their 2 week free trial, etc....also looked for new work out equipment at yard sales and such....I found a recumbant bike for $5 one time...LOL

Sometimes I do spend money though....new workout clothes, some earrings, or something to pamper me...they have these cool little pedicure kits at walmart for like $7.00

For my major goal I have a whole plan...I think about it all the time its my motivation....LOL

I'm gonna wake up and get ready...I'll start the day off with a healthy breakfast at home and then kiss my hubby bye for the day....and meet up with some girlfriends for the following

The first stop will be to relax while I get my nails done.
Then I'm gonna get my hair cut and styled.
Next I'm gonna hit the mall and some store for some fabulous new outfits of all kinds.....a little lingerie, jeans, shirts, dresses, the works.
Then we will probably get a little lunch somewhere...I'm figuring a light salad for starters with the main course being grilled chicken and veggies...
Then off to the spa....for a relaxing facial, manicure, pedicure, and full massage...maybe even a mud bath or seaweed wrap...something I've never had before.
Then I will call it a day and come home to wash my new clothes and do some packing...cause me and the hubby are heading to the Carribean

We are gonna spend time having romatic walks on the beach at sunset/sunrise, relaxing on the beach sipping water (no high calorie alcohol) we will enjoy swimming (with me in a bikini), scuba diving, and so many things I would never do now because I look horrible in a bathing suit....
we will enjoy healthy fresh seafood meals
and when we go back to our room...work off the calories making love..LOL (TMI I know but you asked)

That is my big reward...this is going to be really hard work...I'm gonna splurge big when I get there and reward myself...yes actually getting there is a reward in itself but I wanna do all the things I have always wanted to do but weight has held me back!!

OH and someday I would like a boob job.....LOL

Eves
07-17-2008, 12:22 PM
I just got on a waiting list for a tattoo artist in Chicago. It's scheduled for February 7th of next year. This guy does incredible work (as seen by the loooong waiting list for him), and in 6 months I should be down to about the 140 ish area. Lower I hope.

If I can ever get off this dumb plateau.

lumifan4ever
07-17-2008, 12:54 PM
I am so happy already to be so close to my goal...but i think my reward is going to be going and buying some sexy lingerie. I also will finally go out shopping and buy myself some nice work clothes and weekend clothes....i guess that means i'll be buying myself a new wardrobe...huh?? lol. I want to make it a full day of having fun trying on clothes without really fearing what i look like in them. I want to buy things for work that make me look glamourous and professional all at the same time. I loooooove wearing high heels. I want to buy me many pairs to wear with many different outfits. I love the movie "The Devil Wear Prada". That is kinda of my inspirational movie. Matter of fact, i need to go watch it again and get myself back on track with my diet and excersize by knowing that i want to dress like Anne Hattaway (or Hathaway, not sure).

KLK
07-17-2008, 01:08 PM
If I ever reach my goal weight, I won't need to reward myself because I will be carried bodily into heaven on the wings of a million singing angels...

cmichele1974
07-17-2008, 01:11 PM
Shopping for new clothes or a good book!

tater tash
07-17-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm a calorie counter and I weight myself only once a week or something once every two weeks [on a Sunday]. I set new goals for how much weight I want to lose in between weight ins. When I reach that goal I reward myself to Scrumptious Sunday! A day where I CAN'T think of calories at all, which is really hard which is good so I won't go overboard. But I usually treat myself to a really yummy breakfast like french toast, low calorie of course, or something like pizza for dinner.

Fitness and weight loss trainers say that these days are good for people who restrict their calorie intake. Because the sudden increase in calories will put your metabolism in shock and it will begin working harder.

Remember everything in moderation!

=]

EditorJen
07-17-2008, 05:51 PM
I just started, so I haven't really thought about mini-rewards yet. But I think my reward for reaching goal will be an amazing vacation, probably to Asia. And for once, I'll want to be in every photo! :D

Tamara
07-17-2008, 06:18 PM
I've decided on a day at the spa, which will probably include a weekend trip, and a shopping spree.

valpal23
07-17-2008, 06:35 PM
I reward myself for mini goals... new clothing, new highlights for my hair. I just keep the rewards coming really...losing the weight has kept me doing the stuff I really want to do (life goals). A year ago, I used a friend's wedding, as motivation to lose weight.. but now that the wedding is coming up I'm lazy and dont want to travel that far. (it's a 10 hour bus ride and 3 hour flight)

But I will.. because I promised myself a year ago I would be there and stun my friends who I havent seen in years :) I owe it to myself to follow through on that. My final goal has always been so far away that I couldnt bear thinking about getting there... maybe I'll have to start thinking about a final reward.

Horo
07-17-2008, 07:55 PM
When I reach my goal weight (Which I'm pretty sure I'm going to lower to 140.. Darn) I'm going to buy myself a corset. The most lovely, beautiful, breathtaking corset that I can get my paws on. I've never bought one before because I thought "Oh, that'd be such a waste because I'm going to lose weight and not fit in it."
http://www.thedarkangel.com/catalogue3.php?p=312
http://www.arcadiumclothing.com/victoriansatinlacefrontOBC.html
http://www.arcadiumclothing.com/Sweetheartlaceoverbust.html
http://www.galleryserpentine.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=276
http://www.timeless-trends.com/fs11.htm

kelleewl
07-17-2008, 07:57 PM
My reward will be the knowledge that I did it! I have never had a lot of self confidence in the past and it will be a great boost to know that I could do this!

Glory87
07-17-2008, 08:26 PM
I didn't know it at the time, but my reward turned out to be a closet full of gorgeous clothes.

sm177
07-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Soooo many new clothes. Honestly I feel like my goal is so unattainable that I really haven't thought much about what I'd do when I make it there.

Pandora123a
07-17-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm waiting to not only get to goal...but to stay there for a year. (I can lose, but I have never maintained.) Then I am buying a gorgeous shearling coat!

Hope I have it before global warming makes it unnecessary for Chicago winters.

lifechange
07-18-2008, 09:46 PM
I told my husband that we were going to go for dinner at an Italian restaurant that we love. Bruschetta Linguine was my plan. Then I realized I am insane and making food a reward which goes against everything I am trying to acheive. So I will have to rethink things. Maybe a weekend getaway!

Writermom46
07-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Lingerie and a sexy dress. I am working hard for admiring looks from any and all men and jealous looks from women.

djay
07-20-2008, 02:09 PM
A trip to the shopping capitol of the world! NYC for a new wardrobe! I can't wait!

xMeaganx
07-20-2008, 06:40 PM
My goal is to lose half my goal weight so 50 pounds and my parents will pay for my trip to the south of France. If I lose 100 my boss is giving me an extra week paid vacation and I get to go to western Europe. I'm already going but if I meet my goals my support system is going to reward me!

Writermom46
07-22-2008, 10:59 AM
I wish I had a support system like yours. Losing weight is nigh near impossible when there is no support. Thank heavens for this website.

flabbyblue
07-22-2008, 11:47 AM
I pay myself ^^ It's a savings plan and weight loss plan all rolled into one.

Everytime I finish a day without having cheated on my eating, gone over calories, or otherwise hindered my food plan, I get 50 cents.

Every time I exercise for at least 20 minutes, I get 50 cents. So I have the potential to make at least a dollar a day ^^

Every month, I take that money to buy something I wouldn't have otherwise. Right now, I'm saving two months worth to buy some perfume :D

As for what happens when I actually hit a goal...I'm unsure as yet :) I'm fairly sure I'll be out of the really restrictive phases of FS by the time I hit a mini goal (current is onederland!), so maybe I'll treat myself to a small steak ^^ That's something worth working towards!

And my major goal....SHHH! Sekrit :D :D Not really. But I've been pining away for children for a couple years now, and I've struck a goal with DH that once I no longer qualify as an "obese" person, we can try for children. :cheer: Im so excited.

kittycat40
07-22-2008, 12:11 PM
I was going to get my hernia fixed and have a tummy tuck after reaching goal and staying there for a while. Now, I think I might have swayed DH to do a home renovation project, which will be pricey. So, just feeling good and buying some clothes that look nice will be just fine. :)

H8cake
07-22-2008, 03:29 PM
I would love to have a swimming pool in our back yard. When I've lost the weight then I won't be so worried about the neighbors seeing me in a swim suit. :o
I like glory's reward, a closet full of beautiful clothes. So maybe I have two rewards that I'm hoping for!

net knee
07-22-2008, 07:23 PM
I am going on a cruise to the BAHAMAS!! It's all planned so I must reach my goal by November 2 of this year! Bahamas was my motivation for losing weight too. So excited!!!!!!!!! It will be the first time I wear a bikini in TEN YEARS!

beachpotato
07-22-2008, 10:55 PM
I have a friend who has an uncle in Hawaii and he has said that we can visit. She's thinking next year, but I kind of want to wait for it to be my reward and I don't think I can lose the weight that fast. We'll see... I just might have to make two trips. Darn.

MBN
07-23-2008, 07:57 AM
After I reached goal weight, I essentially HAD to buy a whole new wardrobe -- nothing fit me anymore!! I've been systematically weeding through the closet and getting rid of any "fat" clothes. So, I have to stay at this weight, or go naked!!

Bonita Applebaum
07-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Once I reach my goal I'm gonna buy a bad-*** bikini or monokini. I've been striving to get in a bikini my whole life! I figure I am too young to not be in a bikini!:carrot:

yoyonomoreinvegas
07-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Ugg boots. I love them and think they look sooo cool with jeans tucked into them but not so hot with thick thighs. I have a pair of vintage jeans that would look perfect with them so as soon as I can fit into those jeans Zappos here I come.

PrettyPaula
07-23-2008, 03:59 PM
im going to get an awesome tattoo right around my thigh.

and im also going to have some glamour style pin up shots taken of me in a basque and stuff.

happiness
07-23-2008, 04:16 PM

dcapulet
07-23-2008, 04:18 PM
it's so funny, cause if you combine bonita applebaum and pretty paula, you get my reward. I'm going to buy myself a hot bikini (1950's style) and get a pin up girl photo shoot done of myself.

DaraMarie
07-23-2008, 11:04 PM
If I could save up enough money, that corrective eye surgery. The only thing more annoying then big fat belly is dry contacts and glasses in the rain.....

ars
07-23-2008, 11:06 PM
If I could save up enough money, that corrective eye surgery. The only thing more annoying then big fat belly is dry contacts and glasses in the rain.....

So worth it! I had my eyes "fixed" in November. There is nothing in the world like not needing glasses to see anymore!

DaraMarie
07-23-2008, 11:13 PM
I've heard that it is really really worth it. I guess I just never looked into it because of the whole money thing. Maybe I'll do some research and see if it is a possible goal reward. Seriously though, I'm so jealous of people that don't have to wear glasses and contacts. You really have no idea how lucky you are! :)

Starrynight
07-23-2008, 11:56 PM
I haven't planned anything either.. I know I will go on a shopping spree for sure.. I mean, I will need to. Now that I'm thinking about it.. it will be a huge thing to get to my goal.. especially because I am turning 20 in December and I really wanted to enter my 20's thin, I've never been thin. I'm at my lowest now.. and really.. it is going to be huge for me to get to my goal.. Hmm.. I SHOULD do something.
Maybe a spa day.. or.. I might try Japanese straightening if my hair is healthier by then.. and if that is too expensive at the time, I will probably just indulge in nicer clothing and get a pair of kick-*** boots.
I am really just excited for when the semester starts, there will be a myriad of things to do.. My boyfriend wants to take me camping up in CT for my birthday weekend and that is something I'm REALLY looking forward to so that is going to be a treat.

Darkblue
07-24-2008, 11:00 AM
New clothing, for sure. Maybe a tummy-tuck. Definitely a facial and massage.

Gotta get there first! :D

knitta
07-24-2008, 06:27 PM
New threads eventually, but my goal for losing half the weight is a new tattoo. Eventually I'd love to get a breast reduction - but i have a feeling the doc would just suggest losing weight first anyway. Nyah. :P

SuomiSara
07-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Clothes and lingerie for sure, but the one thing I really want is a beautiful pair of black leather knee high boots.

CousinRockingChair
07-25-2008, 01:34 PM
1. I'm going to go on my own for a glorious day in Oxford with as much money as I can reasonably afford...and buy heaps of clothes and lingerie in the sort of styles I havn't been able to wear since I was 17 or so, ie pretty, feminine and cheap (it's hard to get cheap and cool lingerie for a size 34E, generally ie H&M!!).

2. I'm going to try fencing, because I'll feel slim enough (don't ask).

3. I want some kind of silver piece of jewellery to commemerate my achievement.

4. Another bikini, because my current one sure as **** won't fit by then.

xraygirl
07-25-2008, 07:26 PM
I plan on getting a family picture made. My DH has been wanting one made for a long time and I haven't wanted to. I would like a nice family picture to be proud of and hang in my home.

Ambrosia
07-26-2008, 08:23 PM
1. I want to get my belly button pierced and have the courage to show it off!

2. Clothing: I want to buy more clothes that reflect my own style: (some punk clothes and 1950's vintage dresses). I want to finally buy a bikini and actually wear it. I want to buy sexier clothes that show off my legs and a little bit of cleavage.

3. I want to go horse back riding

4. Taking swimming classes

5. I want to have many pictures taken. I want my own personal photo shoot!

TJFitnessDiva
07-26-2008, 08:36 PM
I kinda like the pin up photo shoot idea :)

I so want to get new clothes!!

beautifulone
07-27-2008, 12:40 AM
I really can't tell yet if I'll want to do something absolutely huge like a fabulous trip somewhere or if attaining my goal will be plenty. Lots of shopping will take place :D

I've also decided on celebrating each 10 lb loss by spluring on something or doing something for myself that I don't often do, so I'm excited about those too :D

Altari
07-27-2008, 01:42 AM
Clothes, clothes, clothes!

And PHOTOS! I have about 2-3 photos per year with each of my kids. I'll be carrying a camera everywhere and asking random people to snap shots of us!

Oh, yeah, and *blush* I want to go to a strip club (I don't know why!).

Hat Trick
07-27-2008, 01:37 PM
I'd love to just be able to tuck a well fitted t-shirt into a pair of well fitted jeans and not have 'muffins' all over the place. Breathing comfortably would be icing on the cake. :)

VermontMom
07-28-2008, 09:58 PM
.... I am working hard for admiring looks from any and all men and jealous looks from women.

:D right on! :devil: And I love your avatar pic :D

The first time I lost weight (couple years ago) I did get my bellybutton pierced, and had fun showing my midriff with confidence.

Now...I don't know what. I think it will be a big decision, like a tat. The design that has meaning for me would be a Claddaugh.

goodday
07-28-2008, 10:28 PM
when i hit goal i should be back in NY so i am going to hit up saks fifth ave, on 5th ave, and buy a head to toe new outfit for school in september...provided ive reached the size i set out to.