WW Clubs and Groups - Health-Focused Friends #2

View Full Version : Health-Focused Friends #2

Jane
07-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Hello!

Here's a group for any Weight Watcher members (or anyone thinking about joining) to check in, get support and encouragement while trying to become healthier, not just thinner. We want to focus on eating a wholesome diet, exercising more, having a positive outlook on life, and losing weight along the way. This is what Weight Watchers promotes anyway, but sometimes it's hard to stay focused. Together, we'll make it! :carrot:

Jane
07-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi ladies,

You are all welcome for the cards. I sent them to all of the charter members of the HFFs. I thought a little pick-me-up was just what we all needed. :hug:

I'm sitting at Starbucks again, and it's storming outside, so I'm just hoping my internet service here doesn't get cut off. :dizzy:

Angie - pee pee dance. You kill me. :rofl:

Trish - I thought of you today. I was reading a diabetic cookbooklet that you find at the checkouts at Walmart, and a tip they had in it said to make "Better Butter" by mixing a stick of butter with 2/3 cup of canola oil. You whip the butter first with a wooden spoon, then gradually add the oil. Makes it less fattening, but you still keep it w/no trans fats. I really like Promise Light, though, for most stuff.

Jaime - if you'd like, please PM me your snail mail addy, and I'll send you mine as well. A big WOOHOO for reaching your 10%!!!! :cp: I agree, exercise helps the weight to come off so much faster. Makes a person feel better, too. Now, if I'd just do more of it.

Ruthie - I'm really going to have to get one of those Wii and the Wii fit. If I order one from Toys R Us, will they send one when they have it in stock?

Pat - oh hon, we all lose the grip sometimes. That's what makes us human. Just fake it 'til you make it, ok? Where do you keep your dragons?

Hello to all anyone else reading this. :wave:

I am still OP and doing great. My weigh in showed I'm down 2 pounds this week. Even though it's recycled weight, I'll take it. :D

I didn't hear anything from the internet people yesterday. If they don't call me Monday morning, I'll call them. Very, very frustrating to have to come all the way to town and pay for service, when I'm still paying for what I get at home. :mad:

I bet this posted while I can. TTFN,

short & sassy
07-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Jane, do you have any other internet options....we have our service through the local cable company....it's cheaper than satelite service. For some reason, DSL through the phone company isn't available in my neighborhood. Congrats on being 2 lbs down...even if it is recycled!! LOL After almost 2 weeks being up 3 or 4 lbs...I was happy to see those recycled pounds gone. Once I'm down to 159, I'll have turned back time to 1997 or so.. that was the last time I was in the 150's!!

I'm not sure about Toys R Us. You might want to call them and ask. I know most places like Circuit City and Best Buy are not selling online...I'm sure you will like it. I just spent an hour doing balance games and aerobics. I add ankle and wrist weights to help burn more calories!! Especially for my arms....I have bat wings!!!! Yuck!!!

Pat, my flowers are hid amongst the grass. I will know what to do differently next year!!! LOL Hang in there, for the last few weeks, I haven't done well either...I was up 3 or 4 lbs...but finally after walking 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 miles 4 days last week, this morning I was back to the lowest weight that I've been since I started this journey back in February.

I'll check in later. Going to spend some time with hubby!!

pattygirl63
07-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Good Evening Ladies

Sorry I've been MIA lately. Today was WI for me and I'm back at 217.5 lbs. I didn't change it when I had 2 lbs loss because I wanted to be sure it stayed off. I was going to switch to counting calories, but I didn't want to leave our WW group and I really need to stick with the Flex July Challenge. So I came up with a plan of my own. I am going to combine calorie counting and Flex pts for a while to learn how many pts my body "really" can tolerate and lose weight at the same time. That way I can stay with our group here.

Jane - Thanks for sharing with me about the butter/canola mixture. I wondered if there was a way to do that and I just may try it. I think that would work with EVOO as well since I've seen Olive oil mixtures with margarine in the stores. Hope you get your internet service fixed soon.

Hope every one had a great week end and I'll catch y'all tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

da fat n da furious
07-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Trish,,,we have Best Buy here,,,but thing is I can't go and get it even if they have it since Im working so much...weekends I check and of course they don't ever have it.

ANyways,,,need to get to bed,,,
night all

short & sassy
07-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Good morning everyone,

Just dropped by for a quick hello...I'm at work and that's what I should be doing!!

Trish, hang in there!! I've been up and down for the last 2 months...I have a big drop and then I start climbing, then I eventually drop back down and below where I was....then I start climbing again. It is really frustrating...but when I look at it on the Wii Fit chart, I can see the overall results and it isn't quite as bad as it feels at times!!!

Angelia...you must have been tired last night. I was the one asking about Best Buy...well I hope you get one.

Catch ya'll later.

Jane
07-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Hello,:wave:

Ruth - no, Wild Blue is my only option, except dial up, because of where I live.
It's very, very frustrating, to say the least, to have to come to town everytime I want to get online. Hope you had some quality time with your sweetie.

Trish - I'm so glad you're staying with the group! I sometimes count calories along with the points, just to see how I'm doing. You know, I wondered about adding evoo to the butter, too. I betcha it's good!

Angie - sounds like your chance of getting a Wii is about as lousy as my chance, lol.

I'm sitting in the public library, using the free computers. Nice and quiet in here - I like that. :)

I've been OP and as I mentioned, I'm just loving all the fresh veggies out of our garden. Oh! I have to correct something - I lost 2 pounds the week before last, and only 1 pound last week. I've yo-yoed so much, it's hard to keep track in my head. So when I went to write it down, I noticed the mistake. It's still a 3 pound loss, though, so far, for the month of July.

I sat down and made out a goal sheet for the rest of 2008. Since I officially restarted the 1st of July, that gives me exactly 1/2 of the year to show some decent progress on my weight loss journey. I'm really glad you gals are sharing the journey with me. :hug:

TTFN,

pattygirl63
07-14-2008, 07:41 PM
:wave:Hello Ladies,,

Jane & Ruth - Thanks for the encouragment. I appreciate it. Strange thing is I was down a lb this morning, but I won't count it until I'm sure it is a real loss and not a bounce. As I said, I love this group and I also really depend on the Flex July Challenge to help me stay OP and exercise.

Ruth - I think you asked about where I was from in TX. I was born and raised in Waco. I lived several years in Dallas, League City (between Houston and Galveston) and Gatesville. I never thought I would ever live anywhere but TX. When I married Tony, I moved to FL and then about a year and half ago we moved here in Rock Hill, SC.

Jane - I forgot to thank you for the card you sent me. CONGRATULATIONS on those 3 lb loss. You I started over with the June Challenge back when the 3FC site crashed and started back up. So we are at just about the same place.

I got my knew Eating Well magazine today. I haven't read much of it yet, but I will let you know if I read anything new of interest.

Angelia, Jamie, Pat, Marti and anyone else I missed :wave:

Y'all have a good evening.

Hugs,
Trish

pattygirl63
07-15-2008, 12:55 PM
:wave:Good Morning Ladies,

I know it is a shock that I'm up earlier today, but I have an appt. to get my hair cut and highlighted. I have given up the fake fingernails, but I'm just not ready for the gray I say at the roots. My hair is like my Mother's was when she let it go gray once... wirey(s) and drab looking. She didn't leave hers that way and I'm not either. In my book that isn't a luxury, but a real necessity.:D

I gues my new combo of doing Flex pts with calorie counting is working for me as I was down to 216.5 yesterday and I am down to 214.5 this morning. 3lb loss in 2 days. That would sound like it is too fast except that I sat at 217.5 for 2 or 3 months. So it is a real blessing that the scale is finally moving. The difference? I count everything now. I even count the calories in things we are told that we don't usually have to count and I round off to the next number on calories. I don't do thatwith the pts. Ex .5 a ot is just that. But I am leaving nothing to chance with calories. Any way, I'm just thankful that it works. I remember reading in whole foods thread of someone else doing things that way only I think she never counted any thing on Flex pts as a zero because she said nothing was really free. The last I heard she not only is a Moderator on here, but she has kept her weight off. As I said, I'm just thankful it is working for me as I was beginning to wonder what was wrong with me.

No one is saying much here. I hope that means we are all busy. I know Jane is having internet problems, but hope she gets that fixed soon and is able to get back here soon.

Y'all have a great day!

Hugs,
Trish

Marti
07-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Good Morning ladies....

All is well in this neck of the world. :D Been eating clean (is that really the word I want to use?) as much as I can and making the right choices. Now....if I could only start the exercising!

It's been so darn hot out (up in the 90's) that wanting to do anything is a chore. But the outlook for the week is in the 80's so we're cooling down! Time to just DO IT! Of course, I could be at the gym (air conditioned) and do workouts there!

If only I could pull my head out of this dark place called "laziness" I'd be ok.

Trish--You're doing fabulous! Seeing the scale move after a stall is such a great feeling. And great to keep motivated!!

Jane--Is your internet hookup fixed yet? I hope so. Congrats on the 3lbs! And thank you for the card!

(I'm a Christmas card exchanger....if anyone would like to share their snail mail with me, feel free to PM me your address and I will send you mind)

Ruth--Have you taken measurements? I'm sure you'll see changes there if you do. The weigh can fluctuate all it wants, but you can still be shrinking!

Angie--Hope you're getting some rest. I've been wanting a Wii, but have not looked around for one. Hubby just tells me to go visit my sister and play with hers! :rolleyes:

Pat--How are you doing today?

Hello and good morning to anyone I have missed.

I've got to head to the shower and start getting ready for work. You all have a great day!!

Jane
07-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Hello ladies,

Trish - yay for the scales moving the right direction! I agree - getting our hair done is certainly a necessity. I feel like since I'm saving all that money I used to spend on Cheetos and candy, I'm going to use it to make myself look better.

Marti - YW for the card. I just thought we could all use a pick-me-up. I'm eating clean, too, so far today. Tonight is a dinner at my church, and that will be a huge challenge.

Hello to all others. :wave:

My internet is fixed!! :carrot: The problem was that the cable they used in the initial installation was the wrong quality, and eventually broke down. So, NO cost to us. WooHoo!! I'm in my glory now, getting caught up with everything.

My eating is OP, but as I mentioned to Marti, I have a church dinner tonight, and some of those ladies can really cook! I'm taking a big basket of fruit, so I know there will be something for dessert that's good for me.

TTFN,

short & sassy
07-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Hi ladies, on the flyby here. I went for a 15 minute walk at lunch and boy was it hot!! It is 86 degrees with 49% humidity. But that's okay, I had to do it!! LOL I haven't walked since I walked a mile last Friday and I could feel myself getting lazy. So...even thought it was hotter than heck, I went anyway!! Now, maybe I can motivate myself to walk when I get home on the treadmill. I saw the scale drop last week to my previous 164...I've got to keep active to at maintain for a few days and hopefull watch it fall some more!!

Gotta run, hi to everyone...I'll write more from home.

suitejudyblueeyes
07-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Hi HFF! :wave:

Jane - recycled weight is still weight to be lost, so good for you! And just think of how happy you'll be in 6 months that you started now, and don't have to restart again in Dec! Since your net problem was THEIR issue, can you get them to comp you for the time it was down? Or for the money you spent at cafes? Seems like they should have to....

Trish - There are a few others who count calories and points at the same time. It's just another potentially helpful metric to track. I don't know how long you've been having up-down trouble but one member in the Flex area here had trouble keeping weight off for a long time - for two months she tried everything, every combination of points possible (eating APs, not eating APs. Cutting back on FPs. Wendie Plan. Flex + calorie counting) and nothing worked, but now she's doing Core and is seeing great success. Not sure if that's relevant to you but I found her experience very interesting.

Marti - I hear you on the hot weather. It's been a drag to go out jogging in this heat. Eating is the big piece of the puzzle, be proud for getting that in line at least!

Ruth - Good for you getting out there walking, despite the heat. Sure is easy to rationalize another day without exercise once a few have passed. You are doing great :)

As for me, the past few days have been a little trying. My husband's interview for his green card is on Friday and we've been frantically trying to pull all the necessary documentation together for that, which leads to stress - and realizing the importance of this event compounds that stress. So eating has been a little haywire, but not so much that if I get back on track now I should still be able to see a loss by Saturday. I'm losing much more consistently now that I'm jogging regularly... so at least that's working in my favor!

I just realized my sister's 7 months into her pregnancy - which means I need to get hopping if I want to knit something for the baby like I had planned. Anyone have any good places to go for baby blanket ideas (which are possible to complete in the hands of a somewhat incompetent knitter? :lol:)?

Jane
07-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Hello ladies,

Ruthie - yay for the scales dropping again. Gives a person a much-needed lift, right?

Jaime - you can google the knitted baby blankets and come up with a bunch of ideas. I did it for you, but then wasn't sure just link you'd want to follow. Is this your sister's first baby? Hopefully, the interview for your DH will go well. No reason it shouldn't.

Hello to anyone reading this. :wave:

I got so frustrated yesterday evening, and took out my emotions by eating. I did fairly well at the church supper, although I had some dessert I shouldn't have. But when I got back home, my stupid internet wasn't working again!!! That just made me so upset, after all that I've been through with it, and I was ready to pull my hair out! So I overate. :( The thing is, I felt so guilty, it didn't even taste good.

Today is a new day, though, and I'm right back OP. For the record, I called the internet people and they said the problem was with my router. We fiddled around with it, and now I've got service, but not sure for how long.

Have a great day!

short & sassy
07-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Good afternoon,

Just came back from my second walk for the day. I walked on my 10:00 break and during lunch. Now I'm all hot & sticky, but it kinda feels good!!! So that should be at least two miles and I will get on again tonight!!! Sometimes this weight issue leaves me feeling desparate. That desparation seems to take two forms...I either eat non stop or I end up exercising more!! Oh well, gotta go back to work...talk to you this afternoon.

Oh, Jane, glad your internet is back up!!

pattygirl63
07-16-2008, 04:41 PM
:wave:Hello Ladies,

This will be quick one. Nothing new here. At 215 today, but probably water so not concerned.

Jamie - Thanks for the information about the lady doing well on Core. I did a Core/Flex combo when I was member of online WW and did very well. I did that because I didn't want all the pts and there were many on there who were doing it. So I will keep the other ladies experience in mind.

Jane - Aww :hug:. I know that must have been very frustrating. Don't worry about it. Remember we talked once about how "normal" eating thin people do. They eat off their regular way of eating ever once in a while and when they do "the key" is they do it for one meal or one snack or even for one day and then they are right back to "their" normal way of eating. It is not about "perfection eating" ALL THE TIME. It is about eating "healthy" MOST OF THE TIME with a few off times once in a while. We just need to make these times "normal" ways of life rather than thinking of them as "slips" or eating "treats" which become "rewards" for being good. Which I think are only designed to set us up for guilt trips and the worse scenario "giving up" on our plan because we think of ourselves as "failures". We have fallen into those traps too many times. :nono:You DID NOT fail.:hug: You probably even learned something about yourself from it. Just remember.... BE AS GOOD TO YOURSELF IN THIS SITUATION AS YOU WOULD BE TO ME OR ANY OF THE REST OF US HERE IN THE GROUP.

Ruth - You are doing great with the exercise. You go girl.

EVERYBODY ELSE - :wave:

Y'all have a great evening.

Hugs,
Trish

da fat n da furious
07-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Jaime,,,do you know how to crochet? I can knit a basic stitch,,,but that is it...crochet I can do a bit more. And have made baby blankets...easy peasy.

Jane
07-17-2008, 08:17 AM
Good morning,

Trish - thank you for the kind words. :hug: I guess I do tend to be much harder on myself than I am of others.

Angie - hi, chicka!

I'm headed to the Indianapolis Children's Museum today with Mary and the girls. I haven't been there for about 15 years, and can't wait to see all the new centers.

Have a good day. :)

short & sassy
07-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Good morning everyone and Jane have fun!!

Dixiemae
07-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Hi Everyone~Ohhhh I am so behind here. I hope everyone is having a good day.

I have been op with eating and exercise. I did a sneak peek at the scale this morning it said 187.0. I would jump up and down if I could. I have been doing my stepping; I added a new twist I do some jogging. Don't picture marathon here hahaha. I try to do 1 min up to 2 min. 2min is hard for me. It helps with the calorie burn. I did 38 push ups last night. Wall push ups not good form push ups. But they are working. I went to the library yesterday on a seek and search mission. I found 2 books on strength training for women. One workout fits my personality, time schedule, and is doable. The work outs are divided into muscle groups. I can pick and choose the exercises for each group. I can go at my own pace. Not get frustrated because I can't keep up with the group on a dvd. They are 16 minutes each, probably take longer until I learn them all. I am going to give it a good and honest try. I want to wear a beautiful, chick, sexy black dress for Christmas. As Flo would say, my ex can kiss my grits!!

We now have 6 ugh dragons. They are in 2-40 gallon terrairams (spelling is off). They are all happy, healthy, fat, and expressive. Rosie is over her 4th of July mishap. She is growing more beautiful every day.

The garden has succumbed to weeds. I couldn't get out and weed for a while, so sadly they took over. All the container veggies are doing well. I should have a decent harvest in the fall. I think I can reclaim my yellow beans. I am so looking forward to steaming them. Yes, like you, I have learned what not to do next growing season. I had to wait and wait for the garage to get painted that it set back my flower beds to the point there was no point to plant. This Fall I will get out there and make ready for Spring planting. I just have to start all over.

Hello everyone one~I will catch up with you all soon. Sorry for the novel, I got carried away!! Keep up the good work!! Pat

pattygirl63
07-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Hello Ladies,

Just making a quick fly by to say hello and I hope everyone is doing well. Not much going on here.

Pat - You inspired me to check into some other things I can do to get exercise in and maybe not even feel like it is exercise. Your step exercise helps me realize that I have stairs and I can take the stairs one or two times a day. I was looking at my new South Beach Diet book yesterday and realize that I can do many of the exercises they have in it. Like you said about yours, I can do them at my own pace and build up as I'm ready which is nice.

This is what is so nice about this group and with 3FC is that we can learn so much from each other. This is one reason I like to surf the website as well as read our own groups here.

Jane - I didn't know they had a Children's Museum in Indianapolis. I'll have to get Tony to take me and the DGC when we go see them again. Hope you and the DGC had fun.

Y'all have a good evening.

Hugs,
Trish

Jane
07-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Hello HFF,

Pat - wow, you're doing great in researching the strength training exercises! Do you already have the dress you want to wear for Christmas, or will you be finding a new one?

Trish - Indy has the largest Children's Museum in the world. It's four floors, and amazing! We didn't really get to do it all today, so we will have to go back some day.

Ah, I made it back, and I'm worn out, lol. We had a blast! I ate too much, but I walked a lot, too. I'm headed for a shower, then bed. It's going on 11 here in S. Indiana. See you tomorrow. :wave:

da fat n da furious
07-18-2008, 12:22 AM
hey all,,,,
Jane sounds like a cool museum...

Trish, so what is the south beach book about? I know nothing.

Pat,,,well don't over do it weeding theg ardens...

Im just heading to bed,,,,
night all

Dixiemae
07-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Hi Ladies~No I don't have the back dress yet. But I will find the just the right one. Then look out hahaha!!! It is so strange. When I had the figure for a sexy black dress I did not want one. Now that I don't have the figure for a sexy black dress I want one so badly.

Angie~If you could see the healthy weeds in my garden you would laugh so hard. It is way to hot for me to get out there and even think to start pulling then up. Beautiful blue skies, no clouds, no breeze. 90 something out there.

Mari~Enjoy your time off.

I hope everyone is having an op day. Catch ya all later

da fat n da furious
07-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Pat,,,can you go out in the evening...and weed?

pattygirl63
07-18-2008, 07:16 PM
Hi Ladies,

Well, last night I heard Tony yell and he had fallen flat on his back. He was trying to crush a box and it slipped out from under him and down he went. I wanted to take him to the ER, but he wouldn't go. I don't think he broke anything and has no outward bruises, but he is really sore today. Bless his heart, he is just beginning to get over all the other stuff and this happened. We did go out to eat today and then to Wal-Mart and he lasted much longer than I thought so I hope that means he is doing much better.

Marti - Enjoy your time off.

Angie - It is the new SBD Super Charged book. Dr. Agatston added some food to each Phase and then he gives exercises that are to be done with each Phase. As I looked at them, I decided I could do some of those exercises.

Pat - I think it is neat that you have the desire to get a special dress for Christmas time. It is that little something we do to give ourselves a "special" goal. Good luck.

Jane, Jamie, Ruth and everyone else - have a great OP week end.

Hugs,
Trish

Jane
07-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Hiya ladies,

I'm in a hurry (as usual!) cuz I'm headed to my sister Maggie that just moved, to help her hang some pictures and do other stuff. I've got the kids, and as soon as Neal gets back from an auction, he'll take over.

Pat - I've tried to take some of the south beach diet ideas, and use them with points.

Trish - holy cow, I'm glad your sweetie is only sore, and didn't break anything.

Angie - Indy is a lot of fun!

Marti, Jaime, Ruthie, and anyone reading this, a big hello to you!

TTFN,

Marti
07-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Hello ladies....

Been busy, sorry I haven't checked in as often as I probably should. Today I've already spent too much time on the computer so this is just a quicky!

Hope all is well with everyone. I'm doing the best I can. I have 4 days off so I'm pleased with that! Just need to get outdoors and do something.

So with that being said....off I go!

I'll check back in soon!

Jane
07-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Hello,

Not much going on around my house. I went to church today and then visited my XMIL in the nursing home. She's such a sweetie. We have the kids today, and they are watching "Trading Spaces: Boys vs Girls". It's a cute show.

I am doing pretty good with the food. Not perfect, but not bad. I brought in the stationary bike from the shed, since Trish says it has helped strengthen her knees. I'm hoping it will help mine, too.

Marti - have you been having fun on your mini-vacation?

Later,

Marti
07-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Quick pop in, waiting for hubby to return home.

Not sure what are plans are today, but tomorrow we're taking off to just enjoy the day!

Sorry this is just a quick one, but I need to finish cleaning up around here, Hubby is bringing home friends. :D

pattygirl63
07-20-2008, 06:08 PM
:wave: HFFriends,

This will be a quick one. I'm just checking in. Scales were up again today WI day:?:, so I'm going to switch to Core and see if it will work for me. Probably be more of a Flex/Core Combo. I did this when I was a member of online WW, but quit when people complained that you couldn't do it. Then I read on there that a lot of other people were doing the same thing. I remember a doctor asking me one time "Have you ever had a diet that worked for you?" I told him yes I did. He said "Then do it". So I decided that if it worked very well for me and I lost really good on it, why not do it again. Low carb is what worked for me before, but I just don't want to go so strict Atkins type low carb again. I think for me Fiber is very important. I think that is why doing Flex with Core rule of eat when your hungry until satisfied worked so well for me before instead of having to eat all those pts. Most of the time I find myself eating when I'm not really hungry just to get the pts eaten on Flex and sometime that causes me a trigger to eat more. That is not an eating habit I want to develop. So I'm going to do what I call a tweaked Flex/Core Plan again and see what happens.

Jane - I hope the bike helps you too. I have stairs and I'm going to start walking up and down them a couple of times each day and also do some weights. I hope to eventually work up to 30 minutes 5 or 6 days a week. I plan to use a few WP each day, but but not all of them as I want to be able to save them and any AP I may accumulate for when we go out to eat or special occasions.

Marti - Enjoy your little 4 day vacation doing things you like to do.

Angelia - DH saw your name on here one day when I was reading and thinks you have a beautiful name.:)

Jamie, Pat, Ruth and anyone else I missed :wave: Have a great evening.

:hug:
Trish

Dixiemae
07-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Hi Everyone~It was a hot day here!! I took Noelle for a 30 minute walk. Then did 1 hour of stepping. Then I did 40 wall push ups. I feel them in my arms. The last 2 were hard to squeeze in. Eating is op. Tomorrow is weigh in day. OH Boy! Sorry for the quick fly by. Hope every one had a good weekend. Catch ya all later. Pat

Jane
07-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Hi,

Marti - it's been awhile since Neal and I had friends in, as a couple. Sounds like fun! I hope you have a good time with James tomorrow,whatever you decide to do.

Trish - I think your plan is a good one. You tend to gravitate back to it, so it must be the right plan for you. I'm liking the bike, so far. But not nearly as much as the DGDs, lol.

Pat - you're doing great with the exercises. Good luck at weigh in tomorrow.

As I said earlier, I've been doing pretty well with food, but not as good as I should. I'm going to start doing the Weight Watcher Quick Start Plus program for as long as I can, or a week, tops. It's from several years ago, but because of the restrictive food list, it's very effective to jump-start a losing streak.

I hope you've had a good weekend. Sure flew by, didn't it? :dizzy:

Dixiemae
07-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi Everyone~It looks like rain here. It is gloomy out there. I need to take Noelle for a potty break.

Jane~I hope the jump start plan works for you. I don't remember that plan. Keep us posted.

Trish~Sounds like you have a plan going on too.

Marti~How was your time off mini vacy?

Today is weigh in day. As I updated my ticker I made a mistake. It said I had 187 pounds to loose. I got a good laugh out of that before I changed it. I weighed in at 187. I lose another pound. I did 40 wall push ups last night. I was so amazed, but I feel them this morning. I have my food plan for the day. I have my workout planned. I am going to add crunches to the workout.
Building slowly so I don't get so sore. Catch ya all later Pat

Boopis Dang I cant get my ticker to work at the moment. I weigh 187 have 37 to go

pattygirl63
07-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi Ladies,

Well I asked a question on WW Core board and never got an answer. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and figure that they didn't know it themselves as a lot of people read my question with no replies. So I finally called my sister last night who attends WW and does Flex. She was going to talk to her leader for me, but we went over the material for Core rules together (I read from my materials) and found I did everything wrong yesterday. So my new start and WI day has now become Monday as I had to start my clean OP today. Counted yesterday as my final Flex only day. I really like to call my Flex/Core Combo tweaked plan Flexor. So my weight was up even more today and I realize it is probably more water gain than actual gain, but it just ticks me that it even happens. But I look at it this way, I should show a good weight loss the first week right? I guess I will put my gain on my ticker although I don't want to see it.

Pat - You are doing great. Yes, I do have a plan. And I forgot about the wall pushups. I made up my own set of exercise years ago and that was one of them along with arm circles and lunges with weights. I think I will do that again with the stair climbing and stationary bike should be a good work out for me each day. Congrats on the weight loss. You obviously have found what works for you.

Jane - Our DGC always love the stationary bike when they are here. Wouldn't you love to have the energy to push it as well and fast as they do? I'm glad you like it. I don't think I know what the WW Quick Start is either. Could you enlighten us even if you have to PM me? I've heard them mention something like that before in ads, but don't seem to have info in my Home Kit I got. I wondered if it was more like Core. I wonder if I can still be part of the Flex July Callenge? You know I do seem to gravitate back to this. Core is more like low carb. I stood at the fridge to get the eggs out and thought "After all these years here I am a month away from turning 65 and I am back doing low carb again". The nice thing is that I just read an article on MSN that was in England Medical Journal where there had been research tests done comparing low carb, lowfat and Mediterranian diets. Weight was lost by all groups, but of them all lowcarb came out on top even in the health results. So at my age that is good news and hope it will show when I have my first doctor's appointment one month from today. I am sure he will want to do blood work etc and I hope it will come out good.

I had a lowcarb breakfast and it is working already as it is past our dinner time (we usually have main meal around 2 or 2:30) and I'm not hungry yet. No cravings. That is great.

Well, I guess I had better get going. :wave: Everybody else. Hope everybody had a great weekend.

Hope y'all are having a great Monday and will have a great weekend too.

Trish

da fat n da furious
07-21-2008, 11:00 PM
hey all...
Thanks Trish...my name was a mistake,,,was suppose to be Angela but back in my day the nuns were the admin staff in the hospital and this one nun had some fancy penmenship...so somehow my name had a I added to it!...lol

Im doing so bad about eating that Im unsure of what to do next. I think Im in quick sand,,,horrible place,,,cause I know if I could just get my act together I could do welll....need more sleep more time to myself and to just breath.

welll on that note,,,going to bed...

suitejudyblueeyes
07-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days, I must finish up this project at work by tomorrow and my main computing time is during work hours. I can't seem to make myself sit still in front of a computer in evenings or on weekends... Do too much of that during the week for it to feel relaxing!

Trish - Good luck on the Flex/Core combo. (Flore? Clex? :lol: I like Flexor.) I hope it works out for you, there is no reason why you shouldn't try if it is something that has worked in the past! I can't believe WW Online people would try to tell you that something is not "allowed" - as if it's their place to say what you can or can't try to make work for yourself.

Pat - You sound like a busy woman! Look at all that activity you're getting! :D Congrats on the pound lost!

Jane - I got your card yesterday, thank you very much! :) I just love getting mail! Good luck with the Quick Start program. Is that just a week of pre-planned meals, or is it low carbish, or what? I don't think I'm familiar with it. Sure can be tough to shake through those stalls though eh?

Angelia - You know what you need to do next. Pull yourself up out of that sand one day at a time. Easier said than done. But you know what it takes to get back OP. Get some rest, take care of yourself, think of all the reasons you want to get healthy, refocus, recommit... :)

Marti - Hope you had a good time with DH & friends.

:wave: To anyone else out there reading this :)

I was up 0.8 at WI Saturday but I'm okay with that - I'm seeing some scale rockiness generally right now which I am going to attribute to TOM. Hopefully it'll come back down for this week's WI. DH and I went to see Wall-E this weekend, has anyone else seen it? It is a very cute movie with a nice little environmental angle to it. There has been some controversy around it because of how it depicts overweight people, some were coming out of the theater feeling like they had been insulted (all the humans in the movie are these blob things unable to stand on their own, sitting in a chair all day glued to a screen drinking everything through a straw). Which I think is kind of ridiculous. I'm interested if any of you have seen the movie to hear what you think about this aspect of it.

Went for a walk/jog last night and jogged for 13ish minutes of the 48 minute trip, which is more than I have ever done (usually I peter out around 8 minutes). However, when I got home and compared my trip to my last one, it seems I went way slower than I ever have as well. Maybe that's why I was able to sustain the jogging for so much longer, but I also increased my mile time by 4 minutes doing in that way. :( It's somewhat frustrating to decide where the balance should be....

Well anyway, hope everyone has a good day today! :)

pattygirl63
07-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Hi Ladies,

Just a quick one here. Tony is having pain in one spot in his back so we have a doctor's appointment this afternoon to have him checked out.

My first day on Flexor was really good. I will be checking scales each day to see how it is going. I dropped 2 lbs of the 6 lbs gained. So I believe I'm on the right track here.

Jane - I am thinking that the WW Jump Start is probably designed to get rid of cravings. I know that is what Phase 1 of diet plans like SBD are for. I have done a few days of SBD Phase 1 myself just to get rid of cravings myself. I hope that works for you.

Jamie - I was missing you. How did things go for your DH? I wasn't aware that when a person was married to American that they had to go through all of that stuff. Shows how smart I am in that area, lol As far Online WW, that is why I quit it and love having the WW groups on 3FC. When I was online with WW, there was constant bickering going on. They were supposed to ban people who caused trouble. I remember one guy that I don't believe was even on WW who was constantly causing arguements to break out. I always wondered why they did not get rid of him. I'm sure your slight gain will be temporary and you may even see that and more gone when you WI again since it is surely a TOM thing.

Angelia - Maybe you haven't really found the way of eating that you enjoy or perhaps you are under stress that is interfering with it. I find it is good to set down and have talk with myself (I know sound crazy, huh) and find out where I am with all this. It helps me and might help you. You can do it girl. It just takes determination and something you enjoy doing so it doesn't become a torture thing.

Gotta run. Have a great day.

Hugs,
Trush

suitejudyblueeyes
07-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Trish - WTG on the loss already! Looks like it's working for you!

And I forgot I hadn't been in here since I was talking about DH's immigration interview before we had it - well, it mostly went very smoothly. I forgot to bring my W-2s from 2007 though I had my tax return. They need the W-2s though and will not compromise... Thankfully though that was the only problem. So no "official" decision could be made since they didn't have my W-2 (which they need so they can see that my DH is/will be financially supported for the foreseeable future). Anyway she told us that once she receives the W-2s he can expect his green card in 3-6 weeks... Which I assume made she has "unofficially" made the decision already :D

The hoops and hurdles here are necessary for a non-citizen spouse if he/she wants to work or cross borders or own land at any point in the future. I suppose you can exist here without doing the immigration limbo if you don't feel like legitimizing your visa status.... Millions of people do it but that's certainly not what we wanted :) It's tough but totally worth it :D

Jane
07-22-2008, 03:12 PM
Hello ladies,

Pat - yay for you, having a plan in place. That's a big part of the battle!

Trish - yes, it's ok for you to still post in the July Challenge. Other member go back and forth from Core and Flex, so it's ok. Jaime is the head of it, and I know she'll say it's fine. Seems like the health experts are always coming up with something new. Today I heard on TV that it makes absolutely NO difference what kind of fluids you take in, from water, tea, cola, veggies, fruit, etc. we just have to stay hydrated from something. That may be true, but I personally lose much better when I get plenty of plain ol' water, no matter what the experts say. They're always changing the "facts" on us, lol.

Angie - I feel your pain, sista! :hug: and know exactly how you're feeling. I'm getting downright depressed over my weight. Some days I stay OP just fine, but when I go over, I usually really mess up.

Jaime - I feel sure your tiny gain is thanks to TOM. Mary and the kids are going to see Wall-E today. The promos look cute. I'll ask her how she felt about the message about overweight people. Don't worry about your slower run/jog/. At least you are out there, doing it, and that says a lot! YW for the card. Sounds like "all systems go" for your DH. A big woohoo for that!

WW Quick Start is an older plan, much lower in points than I am used to (about 20 - 22 a day) and is limited in food choices. No peanut butter, starchy veggies, rice, potatoes, etc. (A small amount of cereal or bread is allowed, though.) I was trying to follow it exactly as written, but already caved yesterday. :dizzy: By evening, I wanted to eat everything in the house, I was so hungry! Instead, I ate a healthy snack that made me go over the QS program, but I was still under my normal points. So now I've decided that if I can just stay on my regular plan, that would be fine. For someone of my weight, it's just too hard to go so low in points, and I don't even know why I thought I could do this.

Today is my only day off in a 12 day stretch from babysitting, so I've got some errands to run. Mary's on her 4 day break, but for the next 3 days, I've got Terry and Gina's 3 kids. The regular babysitter is taking yet another (paid) week off. So I've got to scoot!

Toodles!

Jane
07-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Ah, I just have to tell you - our cantaloupes and watermelons are ripe. So are the freestone peaches. Mmmm, I'm in heaven!

pattygirl63
07-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Hi Ladies,,

A quick flyby tonight. I got Tony to go to chiropractor who is a deacon in our church. He gave Tony a thorough check up and xrays and he has no broken or cracked ribs. He does have some sore, swollen muscles. He will be taking a series of treatments, but he will be okay. Whew! I am so relieved to know that. Now just got to get this mand and then try to keep him out of any more trouble. He told the Doc, "I guess I was thinking like a 10 year old." Well, hello, he is Not and he is going to have learn to remember that.:dizzy:

Jane - Awe :hug: sorry you are having a hard time and that the QS program didn't work for you. Maybe you are stressing yourself out. I read in a magazine at Docs office that we need to just try to be nicer to ourselves and give ourselves room for those times we have what we call slips or falling off the wagon. They said go for 8 out of 10 times we can be good and allow ourselves room to be human and have those slips up. They claim if we would not expect ourselves to be "perfect" we would do better. So just don't beat yourself up, girl. You have had some really good OP days so try to focus more on those instead of the times you either weren't as good as you wanted to be or even had a slip. Remember, it is about the "whole" journey. We are too accustomed to looking only at the bad days and I think that is where we mess up because we put our focus on the wrong place. Hope this helps.

You know I think the way I'm doing what I call my WW Flexor plan is probably more like the old WW plan we had 30(?) years ago. I am really enjoying not being hungry. Wierd feeling.

Catch y'all tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

short & sassy
07-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Hey ladies, sorry I haven't been around. I just haven't been on track and thus not posting very much! I thought I'd be okay with a plateau, actually really didn't think I'd would...but alas....I've been up and down the same 3 or 4 pounds now for over a month. I've really got to kick it into gear...I haven't been journalling and the only exercise I'm getting is the treadmill and my 15 minutes walks at work...which I sometimes skip!! Maybe a relaxing day at the spa would rejuvenate me and get me going again.

Anyway, I still glance at the post everyday....and I'm going to post more from now on. Maybe I should just fake it until it clicks again. Anyway, looks like I'm in the sand with Angelia!

Marti
07-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Hello ladies...

Had a great 4 days off from work! And pleased that I only have a three day work week!!

Eating has been good but not great. Some high sodium foods which will stick to ya like crazy! Exercise has still been an issue for me, but I've decided to join a challenge to get myself going again.

Hope all is well with you. I need to get myself going and hit the showers.

Chat with you later

pattygirl63
07-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Just flyby to say Hi Ladies. Tony has a docs appointment for chiropractic treatment in less than 2 hrs so I'll get back with y'all when I get him back and settled.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Hugs,
Trish

Dixiemae
07-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Marti~Jane~ I have a question I don't know how to deal with. I was drinking 64 oz of Christal Lite each day; so I was getting my water in. I was enjoying the tea and lemonade. I was told that that was a big no no. I would be better off drinking brewed Chia tea. I have tried this for 3 days. First day was okay. Second day I had to talk myself in to drinking the 64oz of Chia. Yesterday,day 3, I just couldn't con myself into drinking my 64oz. I think I did end up drinking 6 awful cups of the Chia tea. The question: would I be so off flex plan if I drank 64oz of Chrystal lite or similar thing? How would I count it. Maybe that is what I was doing wrong. I just can't go the Chia tea.YUCK YUCK!! Wouldn't I be better off getting my 64oz drinking something I enjoy than trying to force down something I don't like and not getting in the 64oz. When I don't get in my water I start in on the diet soda. That is even worse cause I am trying very hard to break the diet soda habit. Thanks Pat

pattygirl63
07-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Another quick one here tonight as I still have to check on DD who had surgery yesterday.

Pat - There is so much controversy right now about drinking water only for your 64 oz. I understand WW says you can have half in water and half in some other no sugar drink. Then Jane shared recently that she saw on television that they are now saying it can be anything liquid. They constantly change their mind on these things. I personally am a water drinker so I have no problem with it. My sister who does WW doesn't like water but has learned to do the half water half other things. I think she also uses Crystal lite. I can understand about the Chia tea. I don't know why someone told you that you had or should drink it. I used to drink it and loved it, but suddenly it just doesn't do it for me any more. I don't know why. I personally think it would be better for you to drink and eat what you like. I certainly am not going to eat or drink anything I don't like. While it is true that this is about making a new lifestyle of eating and drinking healthy things, I do not believe it has anything to do with eating or drinking anything we don't like. After all there are a lot of good healthy things out there that we can eat and drink that we like. It is my opinion that any time we have to eat and drink foods we don't like on a diet then we will not be successful at it.

Hope this helps.

:hug: to all,
Trish

Jane
07-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Hi ladies,

Pat - there is a big controversy about water/any fluids consumption so it depends on who you talk to about the water. As a moderator, I have to mention the disclaimer that I am not a doctor, etc. But, no, I definitely don't think you should be drinking something you don't like. WW's position on water is this: 1/2 of it can be something like Crystal Light, unsweetened tea, etc. The other 1/2 should be the real thing. I personally feel that if drinking CL is what you have to do to get your fluids in, you go girl! That is much better for you than soda.

Trish - I wasn't feeling too bad about everything, since I did stay within my regular points. What made me feel the worst was the fact that I used to be able to do that plan for at least 5 days, if not the whole week. Getting older stinks sometimes, lol. I'm so happy that Flexor is working for you. Your Tony sounds a lot like my Neal, thinking they are boys instead of "older" men, lol.

Ruthie - oh my, you sound just like me! The same 3 or 4 pounds keep yo-yoing back and forth. :dizzy: "Fake it until you make it" is a good thought!
Now, if I can only follow my own advice, lol.

Marti - drink up, (water, not margaritas, lol) and those salt-induced pounds will roll right off. Good luck in the challenge! I'll be rooting for you.

I've stayed OP again today. It was hard, too, with the kids eating snacks. I have some 2 pt Dreamsicle bars, and all the fresh fruit & veggies to keep me happy, though.

I am so tired of babysitting! Today we had Terry and Gina's 3 all day. The options in this town are very limited, though, and all the good daycares are full. I like being a "grandma", much better than a full time babysitter. School starts in 3 weeks, though, so my hours will be much less then. woo hoo!

Have a good evening!

pattygirl63
07-24-2008, 12:30 AM
Pat - I thought of something else. WW only requires 6 glasses of water which is 48 oz so half would be 24 oz. I always try to do the 64 too, but there are days I only go for the 48 or at least half of it and the rest in something else depending on what is going on. I also like to take lemon and put it in my water with my sweetner.

Hugs,
Trish

Dixiemae
07-24-2008, 10:45 AM
You Ladies are the greatest. Thank you all for the help and Ideas. I will do my Crystal lite, drink cold water with lemon (thanks Trish!) for the rest of my water. I was starting to stress over this issue. I woke up thirsty this morning. I put some lemon in cold water and am chugging away. You ladies are right it was a set up for failure; I wouldn't drink The chia, I would revert back to the old habits and fall off the wagon. Revved and ready to stay OP!

Jane~I am so very proud of you for finding what works for you and sticking to it!!. You are an example for us all. Struggling sucks~getting old sucks. But we can and will get through the rough tough times. That is why I love this group so much.

Trish~Again Thank You for your idea with the water with lemon. I forgot about the 6 cups of water. I did stay op yesterday.

I did a sneak peek wi this morning it is down a little bit. I get my water in I think it will come down a little bit more. yeah

Everyone have a wonderful OP day. Catch ya all later Pat

Slimmin Patty
07-24-2008, 11:30 AM
I signed up for WW at work. I found that when I started South Beach that it was very helpful to read the book. Do you know of anything that I could read that would help me as I start WW?

suitejudyblueeyes
07-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Jane - yeesh, 20-22 sounds awfully low! I would have a lot of trouble with that too, and here I am staring the mid 20s in the face. I realllly don't want to lose another point when I hit a new decade - it's hard to think that when I reach goal I'll be eating just 21 a day. Yikes! Anyway, it's great that you were still within your points. Sounds like you are up to your neck in kids! How much longer do you have them? Another 3 weeks?

Trish - Glad to hear your husband doesn't have any broken ribs! That would be tough to deal with.

Ruth - funny how not being OP and not posting go hand in hand, huh? ;) You know the saying, fake it til you make it. Can you ramp up your exercise a little, or at least change things around a bit?

Marti - I am jealous of your short work week! :devil:

Pat - Sounds like you have gotten all the input you need on the water issue. I agree with not doing anything you don't like - that's not sustainable whatsoever. Is there any other kind of tea you like? Maybe you can add that in as well. I love water plain so thankfully I don't worry too much about mine but I know it is hard for a lot of people to get in.

Slimmin Patty - Hmm... I am not familiar with what WW@work includes. Do you not get any of the printed materials that are handed out at meetings? Can you do some reading on the WW website? There is also a lot of info here at 3FC in the WW section. As far as I know there is no WW book per se. A lot of the WW cookbooks have good introductory sections about the program at the beginning, though, if you see a cookbook you'd like to get.

As for me --
I have decided to incorporate some strength training into my weeks on top of the running. It's going to be tough to keep up with it, though, as I typically get bored with strength routines very quickly. A couple years ago when I was on 3FC under a different name I won some kind of drawing through here which gave me a 6 month subscription to PUSH, a strength training DVD service that is somewhat customizable and kind of interesting. They give you 2 different routines to do every month. So I figure I can start working through those again, I never stuck with it past a month so all the other stuff will be new. I did the 1st routine last night and kind of enjoyed it... My arms are a bit sore so I know it did something!

We are planning a hike for this weekend. I think we will go over to Crabtree Falls, which is supposed to be the highest waterfalls east of the Mississippi. It's about 4.5 miles round trip, and of course the first 2ish of that is UPHILL as we climb to the top of the falls. It'll be tough but should be very rewarding! This website has the route and a couple photos.
http://www.hikingupward.com/GWNF/CrabtreeFalls/

Anyone else have weekend plans yet?

pattygirl63
07-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Hi Ladies,

I just typed a long post and hit a button and lost every word of it. :dizzy: That makes me soooo mad at me when I do that. :mad:

Slimmin Patty -:welcome3: to our group. I hope you will stick around and let us get to know you. Another great source of help to me when I first was thinking about doing WW again wast the WW Magazine. You can pick one up at the grocery store. They have recipes and also a section where they take what a person is eating each day and show them how to make better choices for the same amount of points so they don't eat a lot of empty calories.

Jamie - Have fun on your hiking trip. I would be the one at the bottom to greet you when you return. :D I would have loved something like that in my younger days, but not at this age.

Pat - You are welcome. I need to get me some lemons when I go to the store today. I always drink it at the restaurant but need to do it at home again. It makes the water less boring and boy the health benefits are great. For example, it is really good for helping the liver do its job better. Kind of like a cleansing thing.

Jane - Miss you not being able to pop in as much now that you are taking care of the DGC, but you are doing such a good thing. I don't think we realize how much influence we grandparents have on them.

Marti - Raise your head up out of the pile work so we can see if you are okay. :hug:

Well, I've been doing more Core this week than Flex on my little combo thing only counting WPA which I like doing, but I'm not getting enough fiber for me so I am going to still use some of their basic rules of eat when hungry and stop when satisfied, but I think I need to do more Flex than Core because I need to count ALL the pts I'm taking in mainly because I don't like eating all FF things because I think too many FF products have too much salt which my system can't handle that. I am back down to the 217.5 lbs I hung at for so long and I think if I'm careful using the good rules of both plans with counting Flex pts I will be able to keep the scales going down.

Well, DH doesn't have a treatment today because the office is closed on Thursday, but he must be feeling better because he is ready to walk out the door so I got to run.

Angeliea - Hope you are having a good day.

Y'all have a great day.

:hug: to all,
Trish

Jane
07-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Hello ladies,

Trish - boy am I glad you don't go by Pat or Patty, lol. Hey, that was a good point you made about the water being 48 oz. which is much more doable for someone that doesn't like it. Thank you for your kind words. I, too, miss not popping in as much, and will be glad when I get back to my regular schedule of "doing what I want, when I want to", lol.

Pat - oh dear, I'm much too inconsistent to set a good example, but thank you for saying that. I love this group for the same reasons you said! We're so encouraging to each other.

SPatty - :welcome2: to our little group! The others gave you some good resources, but the one I like best is just tooling around the 3FC's Weight Watcher site. Most of the members here are just so full of experience, knowledge, and encouragement.

Jaime - wow, that hike site is so awesome! I'd love to do that, but would never make the elevation. Be sure and tell us all about it afterwards, ok? Yes, it's only another 3 week for full-time babysitting, when the twins will go back to school. When Mary's DH gets transferred back here, we will be doing even less babysitting.

Hello to all others. :wave:

I've stayed OP all day, in spite of the kiddos and stress, lol. Finally did some cleaning so that helped get me moving, too.

Weekend plans? Well, our county fair ends Sat. night, and we haven't been yet, so I was thinking that we should go. We sort of wanted to go tonight, but it's been raining so that's out. I always like to go and see all the 4-H exhibits. I also like the funnel cakes, but will pass on that. They're good, but not worth the points.

TTFN,

Slimmin Patty
07-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Thank you all for the info on core.

I did pick up the WW magazine yesterday and read it last night... I think I'll subscribe to it. I'm sure that I'll get info at our first meeting which should be early August (that is, if they got enough people to sign up). If there aren't enough people who signed up I think I'll sign up for WW at home. I've decided to move to WW either way.

Oh yes, I'm down .6 lbs this last week. Yeah, 2 consecutive weeks in onderland now and I want to stay here and keep dropping the pounds. In the past I would get to onderland and then put on another 3 lbs which would take FOREVER to get off again.

Have a great day!!

Jane
07-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Hi ladies,

SPatty - yay for being in onederland for 2 weeks! :cp: I have been successful doing WW at home in the past. Not doing so well now, but that's my fault, not because of the program. I love the WW magazine and look forward to it every month. I even like the advertisements since I like to know of new products that help in this journey.

Well, I have gone over points today, but have still done good things for my health. I've gotten exercise, had plenty of hydration, and have eaten some very healthful foods. I had peach juice dripping down my arm at one point. :dizzy: Mmm! That's some good eating, lol.

Guess what? Dale is back!! I never thought I'd be so glad to see him, lol. (I no longer have to babysit full-time. :carrot: ) His work transfer went through, and he surprised everyone this morning, having driven all night to see his family.

Gotta get going .... hope you have a good weekend. :hug:

pattygirl63
07-25-2008, 10:17 PM
:wave: Hi Ladies,

This is a quick flyby as we have a busy week end planned so I may not be on tomorrow. Tony had a treatment and a consultation with the doctor at the Chiropratic center and he is doing better. He will be having treatments 3days a week now for a few months. I am glad we went to these doctors. Tony told him about some of the problems that I have so I plan to start treatments next month myself. If I wait and go as Tony's guest at a special family thing, I can get xrays done for free. So I made an appointment for that day.

Jane - I know your little DGD were so excited to see their Daddy. Glad things worked out for all of y'all.

S-Patty - Hey that is great to be in onderland for 2 weeks.:congrat: Glad you liked the WW Magazine. I really enjoy mine and look forward to the new ones.

Angelia, Jamie, Marti, Pat and Ruth - Hello:wave:

Y'all have a great week end.

Trish

pattygirl63
07-27-2008, 12:20 AM
:wave:Hi Ladies

Everybody must be busy this week end. We had our company here today and I was totally off plan. I was so busy that I could say I did exercise, but didn't even count it on our challenge. I'm so :mad: at me. Knowing how my weight bounces around, it will probably jump up royally. I will have to do totally Core now for several days to get myself straightened out. Why do I do this to myself. :?: I almost had a whole month OP and blew it today. Oh well:rolleyes:, can't change what I did just have to move on back OP now.

Jaime - :sorry:I just realized that I've been spelling your name wrong. Strange how you can see things wrong sometime.

Well, Ladies I am really tired tonight so I'll close for now and hope we all have a good Sunday.

Trish

Jane
07-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Hello ladies,

Trish - remember, we're focusing on healthier foods and actions for our bodies, not perfection. :hug: Don't be mad at yourself for being human. Thats what you'd tell me, right? Wow, that's great that you'll get some xrays for free. Can't beat that! Glad to hear Tony is better.

Hello to all you busy gals. :wave:

I am not doing well with food. Even when I save points for evening, I still overdo it!

Neal is off to another auction, so I'm on my own today. I skipped church so I could see him before he left, and later I plan to go to town and pick up a few things. I've got a return to Penny's and want to stop in the craft store, too.

Have a good day. :hug:

pattygirl63
07-27-2008, 05:07 PM
:wave:Howdy Ladies,

Jane - So glad you are have a good OP day. Enjoy your shopping. Yes, you got me dear friend. :yes::dizzy: You are right. I was just soooo tired and I was throwing a :tantrum: because I didn't do as well as I had planned. I haven't entertained in a while and then of course Tony wasn't able to help me like usually does and I don't think I had one part of my body that didn't hurt last night. Finally did a :nono: and took one of DH muscle relaxers and went to bed. I hate taking them because they cause me to feel dragged out the next day. But I slept 10 hours and made myself get up this morning. We didn't even plan to go to church because I knew I wouldn't be able to stay awake if I did go. Any way I woke up with a much better attitude today towards myself. I am being good to myself.:D I'm having a really good OP day may even do a little bit of exercise. You know I've got to re-evaluate my emotions.

I really don't :dunno: understand what is going on in my head. I think my bouncing around may be something I'm doing that is causing it. I get to a certain weight and I do something to keep me from going on so I've got to make some changes that I can deal with.

Jaime - How was your hiking trip?

Angelia, Marti, Pat, Ruth, Slimmin-Patty and anyone I missed.:wave:

Hope everyone is having a really good Sunday.

Trish

short & sassy
07-28-2008, 12:57 AM
Hi girls!! Sorry I haven't been around in a few days...still stuck in a rut!! But that is ending tomorrow. I'm getting back on the wagon and get back on track.

Well, I'm off to bed for now...but I will check in tomorrow morning, read you post and address each of you then.

Goodnight!

Jane
07-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Hello ladies,

Trish - I'm glad you're feeling better about things. Did you have a good party? I'm going to one Sat. and dread facing all the food. It's a carry-in, though, so I can take something that's not too lethal.

Ruthie - when you get back on the wagon, pull me up, too, willya? I'm not doing too badly, but not well enough to show a loss.

Hello all other HFF and anyone else reading this. :wave:

I had a fun weekend. I spent some time with my sister and did some shopping. Penny's had a 70% off sale, and I got some new drapes for the living room. This is going to turn into a big project, because I'm redoing it all. I'll have to wait a few weeks to begin until I get everything bought that I need. I also went to the craft store and bought some new scrapbooking stuff. Like I didn't already have enough, lol.

I ate too much this weekend, and didn't get enough exercise. I have better intentions for this week.

Have a good, healthy day!

suitejudyblueeyes
07-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Trish - Fiber One cereal is a Core cereal, and it has over 50% of your daily fiber needs. Do you like that cereal/have you checked it out? That would certainly help you get your fiber while remaining on Core. Great to hear the scales are moving back down for you! Like Jane said, you are human, everybody gets busy and strays a little now and again. Pick yourself up and continue moving forward! And no worries about my name, many, many people spell it wrong :) The price I pay for being unique :lol:

Jane - Glad to hear your babysitting load is lightened! Do you think saving your points for the evening is acting as an enabler for you? Like, I'm allowed to snack on whatever, because I have points left... and you keep that mentality even after your points are gone? Have you tried planning out specifically what you are going to snack on in the evening, so that you know it's time to stop when those things are gone?

SPatty - Congrats on the loss! Yes yes, keep heading away from that 200 mark!

Ruth - Can't wait to see you back on the wagon :)

Well, the hiking trip was a blast. It was actually closer to 6 miles, instead of the 4.4 we had planned, because we decided to keep going after we had reached the top of the falls and went all the way up to the other end of the trail. Holy cow was the uphill difficult! Then of course the downhill only feels easy for so long, then your knees start to get tired and my toes started to hurt from being pushed against the tops of my shoes. It was very, very worth it though, what a gorgeous hike. I drank 2L of water while we were out and didn't need to pee for the whole afternoon!! My body sure was using every drop of water I put into it!

Here is the public link to my Facebook album if you are interested in seeing the photos:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2204058&l=d1e87&id=1531000

Then of course I go and do the stupid thing of getting ice cream on the way home - it wasn't stupid points-wise, as I more than earned enough APs to cover it, but it was stupid from a sugar POV. I haven't had such a large quantity of sugar in my system in a long time, and I paid for it all night with a headache that wouldn't go away til about 3am. Remind me not to do that again :p

Hope everyone is well, :wave: to all who might be reading this!

Jane
07-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Jaime - those photos are awesome and it's so cool that you did it! What an accomplishment! Leo is a totally cutie, btw. I tried to leave a comment, but it wouldn't let me since I'm not a registered member. About me and the points, well, it's more a frame of mind than anything else. I used to do real well by saving points for evening. Now I eat what I have planned, then more on top of that.

Marti
07-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Hello ladies.. :wave:

Sorry I've not posted in a bit, been busy, plus I haven't really focused much on the eating part (counting points) of my health, been focusing on getting in more activity (walking) and upping my water intake.

BUT.....it's a new day, a new week! Not to late to get to counting again!

Does it ever get easy girls??

pattygirl63
07-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Hello Ladies

Yesterday was a nice quiet day. I had a pretty good Core day, drank my water and even did some exercise. So I am back on track again. :carrot: Now I've just got to stay here.:D

Jaime - Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I do have the Fiber One cereal and do love it. I was looking at fiber pills at Wal-Mart the last time I was there and realized that I can eat 1 c Fiber One cereal or even eat 1 Fiber One bar and get the same amount of fiber as 2 or 3 pills. So I am back to eating my cereals. I figure I can have oatmeal and Fiber One cereal each day and get most of my fiber. I enjoyed the pics. I agree with Jane your hubby is cute. I also noticed your name Farrar. Is that your maiden name? My DH o 31 years was a Farrar. He passed away almost 8 years ago now.

Jane and Ruth - Sounds like we are all 2 trying to get back on the wagon. I'm trying to stay up here so you two come on up and join me. Maybe we can do it together.:)

Our regular doctor's office has a weighloss program. I was reading the weightloss doctor's blog this morning. She says if you eat something that is off plan not to sit down and get down over it. Instead get up and do something like wash dishes, do the laundry, etc. I like that idea. So next time we eat something we know we shouldn't have, just do something constructively active to off set it and perhaps that will balance it out. If nothing else, it will help us learn to stop sitting around and beating ourselves up.

Angelia, Pat, SPatty, Marti and anyone else reading this:wave:

Have a good day.

Trish

suitejudyblueeyes
07-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Jane - Thanks, I think Leo is a cutie too :yes: :lol: Glad you liked the photos.

Marti - You're halfway there. Sounds like you have one leg up on the wagon, let us help pull you up the rest of the way!

Trish - Farrar is my maiden name, yes. We don't have any family that I know of from SC, or on the east coast actually - my dad's the anomoly. His family originates from Oklahoma. I had a woman on Freecycle email me once because her name is Farrar as well, but I don't think she was connected to me, I think she said her family is from Indiana but they have some family on the east coast. It's funny I always thought Farrar was an unusual last name but then I have people recognize it from time to time.... Your dr's idea about eating off plan foods sounds like a good habit to build. sitting around feeling sorry for yourself never helped anybody.

So I just realized that as of my WI this weekend I officially only have 40-something pounds to lose :) That sounds much better than when I started, needing to lose 70-something! I think I can do this! :D

pattygirl63
07-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Jaime - All the Farrar's in my late hubby's family were from TX. I don't remember anyone talking about Oklahoma, but who knows where they originated. Bill's step-mother traced them back to England, but died before she was able to finish it. I think if she had been able to continue she would found that they probably came from France originally. Most people use the French pronunciation which I liked, but we pronounced it like Farah. CONGRATULATIONS having only 40 lbs to lose. You just keep going girl and you'll make it.:)

Trish

suitejudyblueeyes
07-28-2008, 04:48 PM
That is very interesting, Trish - we pronounce it Fuh-rar. I hear the name originates in England, and is one of those occupational surnames - like Smith for blacksmith or Taylor for tailor. A farier was someone who tended to horses, particularly their feet - this is the origin I know of. I admittedly have not done a lot of work into our geneology; I know we have photos of every generation going back to the civil war though. Very interesting stuff :)

da fat n da furious
07-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Jaime, loved the pictures,,,looks very much like my area when you leave the city.

Ive been doing ok,,,eating pretty clean. Been painting,,,small surprise there,,,drinking lots of water. But with the amount of sweating Im doing I need to probably do double the water drinking. Other then I can barely move without whimpering Im ok.

Looks like everyone is doing well,.......

FairyVickie
07-29-2008, 02:01 AM
Hello all :

I am new to this board. I posted earlier, had a nice welcoming message from Jane, so came directly to this board.

I would like to be part of this board as not only am I am WW member, currently on points, but would like to move towards Core, but am a natural food eater, and am very interested in food/nutrition and improving and maintaining health.

I am a new vegan, and am getting my feet wet with this new way of eating. I no longer eat anything processed, boxed, or labelled diet. I also got rid of anything white, so no more white rice, potatoes, sugar.

I have diabetes and sleep apnea, and am remaining hopeful that with my new dietary changes and increase of intensity on my treadmill, that not only will I become slimmer but lots healthier, I hope to not live the rest of my life strapped with a mask on my face every nite ( CPAP machine ). Not a lot of fun !!!

Glad to be amongst you all.

suitejudyblueeyes
07-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Angelia - Are you painting creatively or do you mean like painting walls and stuff? Good on you for getting in your water :)

Vickie - :welcome: I have been playing around with vegan eating lately ("extreme vegetarianism" I guess since I still have stuff like leather shoes and whatnot). I went a week eating that way and have found it hard to turn away from it since then! I mean to continue with that way of eating as I love how healthy everything feels (all the veggies and legumes - yum!) and it gives me an opportunity to explore some really fun recipes. I haven't been strict about it lately though so I've kind of fallen off of it (case in point: turkey sandwich for lunch today). Once we go grocery shopping I'll be able to get back to it. Have you explored theppk.com? I get a lot of great vegan recipes from there and fatfreevegan.com as well (tho I usually add EVOO to their recipes :lol:). Anyhow, welcome! :D

We are running low on veggies in the house but I don't want to go grocery shopping until after pay day.... so we have to wait a few more days. It's getting tough to find stuff to scrounge up for dinner. I think I can pull together some kind of pasta dish tonight, we have some whole wheat pasta stashed away some place. I don't really care for pasta so this is truly an emergency dish for me :lol:

Just found out we are going to a kiddie theme park thing for my niece's birthday this weekend - which means - of course - theme park food :devil: I am not sure how I will deal with that unless we are packing our own food - which I don't think we are, frankly. We shall see. thankfully I will get my week's WI over with before the theme park madness so I will have a week ahead of me to flush all the salt out... :p

:wave: I hope everyone is having a good day!

Marti
07-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Any of you have suggestions for an easy, filling, and healthy lunch??

I need idea's. Can only have a salad or oatmeal for lunch for so long before you can no longer stand to look at either! :D Ok, so I pack better than that, but on days I'm in a rush, that's what it is.

Chat with you all later, need to get to work!

pattygirl63
07-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Hello Ladies,

I am learning that I definitely have to count Flex pts. I wanted to do Core, but I just can't go 100% Core. But I think I still can use some of their rules/ideas on Flex. BTW I am not going to be using a lot of FF foods any more. Although I do believe it is okay to use FF for some such as dairy. I read yesterday at the doctors office that when you make a salad and you put FF dressings on it that you get aabsolutely no benefit from the antioxidants in your salad because there is something about the FF dressing that blocks them. It seems there is something about a little bit of fat on a salad that causes our bodies to absorb the antioxidants. It is recommended that you use EVOO or Canola oil. There is a ChefMd by the name of John La Puma who teaches his patients how to eat healthy to heal the body. I am going to send for his book ChefMD Big Book of Culinary Medicine. He told a woman how to eat to help her arthritis. She came to him using a cane and by the time she returned she walked without it.

Vickie - :welcome3: Glad you are here and welcome to our group. I do a combo of Flex/Core because I like to use the whole foods instead of refined foods. I love Core, but I need Flex to keep me on track. I think you will enjoy it. We look forward to getting to know you.

Jaime - I thought of being a vegan at one time, but I am not willing to give up meat. I used to be a low carber and thought of going back to it, but I read that people who eat balanced meals are healthier. So that is what I am going for. I have nephew and his wife are vegans and I have eaten some wonderful vegan meals when visiting in their home. If you can do it go for it.

Angelia - Still doing that painting exercise hugh? Done't over do it. Take it easy on yourself.

Marti - You might check recipes on WW and see if there is anything you could take with you. I will see if I think of anything that might help you.

Jane, Ruth, Pat and anyone else reading this :wave:

Y'all have a good day.

Trish

FairyVickie
07-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Hello ladies !

Many thanks for the warm welcome, I am glad to be here and very much looking forward to knowing you all.

I am doing flex right now and not really sure how I will make it to Core as I was thinking about all the vegan things I now eat and they are not
Core approved !!! I would have to use all my 35 extra points and probably a lot more to boot in order to eat as I now do and do Core correctly.
EG : I eat almonds, almond rather than soy milk, Wasa Bread or Ryvitas, none of these items are Core. I no longer use anything soy based, so switched over to almond milk, not only is it good, but very very low in calories ( 30 calories for a cup ). I also use rice protein powder with the almond milk to make protein shakes, so alas, that too is not core !! :stress:

Not a big problem though, I am not having any problems with the flex plan really.

I have been making these really good low point wraps every day though that make me look forward to meals. I take a whole grain tortilla, add tomatoes, organic beans, one teaspoon of olive oil, basil, some Kalamata olives and a dash of red wine vinegar and wrap it up. Yum !!!!

Have a good day all !!!!

Jane
07-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Hello ladies,

Trish - very good advice, not getting all down about a slip up. Not sure I'd want to punish myself by doing dishes, though. Doing my nails sounds more fun, lol, and I can't eat with wet polish. :rofl: You know, I'd read that about the FF salad dressings, too.

Vickie - I'm glad you joined us! With all the good changes you are making in your life, maybe you won't have to be on the cpap machine very long. As you said, flex may be your best bet. It's good that WW offers more than one option.

Angie - what are you painting?

Jaime - we have some Farrars around here, pronounced the same way as you do. Wonder if they are related to you? Oh dear, I hope there's something decent you can eat at the kiddy park. Not that it's the same thing, but Walt Disney World has tons of healthy food options, which is nice.

Marti - lunch? I usually have a tortilla wrap with either some chicken, turkey, or tuna, with whatever veggies sounds good, and 1/2 T. lite dressing. If I'm needing volume, sometimes I'll open a can of Progresso garden vegetable soup and add a can (or fresh) tomatoes to it. Sometimes I eat a portion of leftovers from the night before. That's how I get seconds, lol, by eating them the next day. Btw, planning this on paper ahead of time is crucial for me!

Pat, Ruthie, SPattie, - how ya doing?

I ate clean yesterday and so far today, too. I've already got my exercise in, although I usually ride my stationary bike right before my nightly shower. With the heat, it's easy to get enough to drink, so I'm good there, too.

I visited my sister for her birthday, and ran some errands, now I've got to do some paperwork. :dizzy: It's always something, lol.

jenosaurus
07-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Hello Ladies!

I just started weight watchers on thursday, an my second weigh in, well first one that will really count is on thursday.
I'm so nervous. I've been trying really hard and even managed to stay OP on my birthday!
I really like the way you guys support each other no matter what. Can I join your group..?

Good luck all and stay OP
Jen

pattygirl63
07-29-2008, 06:41 PM
:wave:Hello Ladies,

Jen - :welcome: We would be very glad for you to join our group. :bday2: Happy belated Birthday. WOW :congrat: on staying OP on your birthday. What an accomplishment. Sounds like you have a great start on your diet plan.

Vickie - One of the things I do like about Flex is that it will adapt to anyway you want to eat and lose weight. I kind of use some of the Core ideas such as eat when hungry and stop when satisfied but not stuffed. And of course they both have the same 8 Healthy Guidelines. I tried core and learned that there are so many healthy foods I eat that I would have to count the pts from my 35 WPA and realized I would have them used up way before my week was over. So even though I get tired of counting pts sometimes, I found that I needed to. I still can use whole foods and do it with Flex pts. I am sure you can work things out so that it works good for you too. Your low point wrap sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing it.

Jane - Glad things are going good for you. Doing your nails sounds like a great idea. :D

Marti - I forgot about the wraps. I love them. I get whole wheat flat wraps which are 1 pt and whatever meat and cheese and/or veggie for a quick snack and low pts.

Pat, Ruth, SPatty - How are you doing?

:hug: to all
Trish

jenosaurus
07-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Thanks very much Trish, How are you getting on?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!!

Yeah I have a dinner dance coming up in September and need to look my best for me and to show an ex boy just what hes missing.
So I have two motives to stay OP!!
JeN

Jane
07-29-2008, 07:24 PM
:welcome2: Jen!! I'm glad you joined us. :yes:

jenosaurus
07-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Thank you Jane. Glad I came across you guys! I'm determined to look my best for September so I can't afford to have any slip ups!
How are you gettin on
When is your weigh in?

Dixiemae
07-29-2008, 11:18 PM
Hi Quick fly by. Doing good here. Food is op. Water, oh, water is doing good, tasting wonderful. no more Chia tea!! Got all my exercise in today.

Jenosaurs~Welcome to our group. I thinkl you will like it here.

Jamie~I checked out the vegan recipe site you posted. Looks very good. There are several recipes I want to try. One is a spaghetti squash casserole. YUMM! Thank You.

Everyone have a good evening. Catch ya all later. Pat

da fat n da furious
07-30-2008, 12:11 AM
Welcome Vicki! I bet you don't want to spend the rest of your life wearing a mask,,,great goal to work for. I went off whites once,,,awhile back,,,it was heard,,,the flour was easy it was the sugar,,,cause even tho I don't add sugar to my coffee or cereals,,,I was getting it somewhere,,,cause man I craved it. I used to eat lots of whites,,,but the protein ones,,,chicken, tuna, cottage cheese and egg whites. Getting rid of the bad whites and bring in more of the good whites was my goal.

Welcome Jen! And happy belated birthday! Good on ya for staying OP on your birthday.

Marti,,,I eat exactly what Jane eats each lunch hour. I pack graps and small pick fruits so I graze all day. Normally I eat the health wise soup each day...sounds boring but seems to fill me up. The wraps are fantastic. I use hummus instead of dressing...turkey or chicken luncheon meat or left over meat, and left over salad(without dressing,,,hummus is my added sauce) Soo good,,,think I will make that for lunch tomorrow.

I wish I was painting for fun,,,but no. My brother's home should be liveable in a week,,,just the hallway, living room and kitchen left to prime and paint.
I put in 40 hours of work there,,,then Monte did,,,around 30,,,Brandon 6...so I think my brother owes for helping us with our deck big time!

well Im off to bed...night all

Marti
07-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Welcome Vickie & Jen!!

Thank you gals for the input for lunches. I've just got to admit how lazy I am! There are all kinds of healthy things for me to grab, it's just actually grabbing it!

I do need to go grocery shopping this weekend. Get a plan of action going!

I'm in a rush to get into the shower and then get off to work. Will slow down and catch up with you all later this weekend.

Have a great day!

pattygirl63
07-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Hi Ladies,

A quick fly by here tonight. Looks like everybody has been busy today and no one posting. I had a busy day but OP. Told Tony when I get rid of all the diet stuff in the house that I am going to work on totally healthy food only. Tony goes to Chiropractor 3 days a week and I start on the 15th of August. Dr. told him to stop using sugar and to switch to Stevia. I already have some and I am going to order some more online and get the cookbook that comes with it. I don't use white flour or regular sugar at all. I keep some of it in the house for visitors who do, but never use it myself. We started back to church tonight. Everyone was so glad to see us and we were so glad to see them and be there. I prayed tonight that nothing else would happen to keep us from going. Wednesday nights are my favorite times to go.

Well, I hope all of you are doing well. I catch up on individuals tomorrow.

Nite all,
Trish

da fat n da furious
07-31-2008, 12:03 AM
hi all,,,,just stopping in to say hello and hope everyone is doing well...

night

Jane
07-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Hey ladies,

Jen - I'm doing pretty good. It's hard, though, with all the cookouts, etc. I used to weigh in on Saturdays. Now it's whenever I feel up to it, lol.

Pat - spaghetti squash is good in any recipe that you'd use regular spaghetti. Yay for you, getting in your Wonderful Water.

Angie - I was hoping you were painting for fun. With your artistic talents, I just know you could whip up something beautiful. Yep, your brother owes you, lol. Maybe he'll host a big barbecue for your family.

Marti - some of the Lean Cuisines are really good. Granted, you need a freezer at work to store them, though. I like the Southwest Paninis and the penne pasta with broccoli and chicken best. Mmmm. Yes, they have some sodium, but I just drink a little extra to counterbalance that.

Trish - glad you made it back to church and that you were missed. Feels good, doesn't it? I've heard a lot about Stevia, but haven't used it. Can you cook with it?

I'm doing so-so with food. I went over my points yesterday, but only by 4. Here's my new, on-going incentive for losing. I just love to travel and see the sites in new places, and at this weight, it is a challenge because of my knees. My knees wouldn't hurt nearly as much if I lightened the load. I can practically hear them groaning with every step, lol. So, if I want to have fun when I go to new places, I have to get this weight off.

Have a good one!

Slimmin Patty
07-31-2008, 12:17 PM
I haven't heard yet if we're going to have WW at work. We were supposed to sign up by today so hopefully we will hear soon. I'm actually surprised that more information hasn't been given, I hope that isn't a bad sign. If they don't have it I'll have to decide what I'll do next.

The scales gave me some really good news today... (I weigh every day to keep myself on track). I'm at my lowest weight since starting South Beach. I've lost almost 10 pounds and I think that if I go to WW Core that I'll have an easier time loosing. I'm feeling so good that I'm frustrated with myself that I didn't loose weight earlier... :dizzy:

Have a good day everyone and I'll let you know the official result from my WI tomorrow. I want so bad to stay in Onderland for the rest of my life!!

jenosaurus
07-31-2008, 06:45 PM
Seems as though everyone has been busy and doing great. First weigh in today and lost 4 pound :) I havent stopped smiling all day.
Anyway have to fly hope your all keeping well
Jen

da fat n da furious
07-31-2008, 11:48 PM
Jane,,,Im with ya sista...need to get rid of baggage oooo I mean saddle bags,,,get it? ha ha or even better Im getting around with alot of junk in my trunk. ha ha man I need to take this out on the road...lol
I talked with my brother's girlfriend and shes planning a BBQ for us...such a sweetie. Told my brother if they ever break up Im keeping her....*smile

Jen,,,WOW ya I would be smiling alot too! Good for you! Keep doing what your doing cause its working for you.

Patty,,,thats great that you are achieving your daily goal. keep it up.

Didn't drink my water...ate healthy.
Just so busy everyone is either on holidays or leaving the company. Leaving me with a few crazy people....
Tomorrow we are planning a Tropical Paradise party for my supervisor,,,she hates the sound of flip flops,,,and won't allow anyone to wear shorts. So the boss is away on holidays,,,its her last day,,,,and we are all wearing flip flops and shorts! Of course we have umbrellas for cups...leis for our necks,,,and a kiddie pool we had brought in ...including toys.
We have one driver that said he would wear a coconut bra and grass skirt,,,and dance for her.....lol

well Im off to bed...
night

Jane
07-31-2008, 11:50 PM
SPatty - did you end up getting WW At Work? Hope so. WooHoo for the weigh-in. Let us know how it goes tomorrow at the official one. :crossed:

Jen - :cp: a big YAY for the 4 pound loss!!!! You have every reason to keep smiling! :D

Jane
07-31-2008, 11:59 PM
Angie - we were posting at nearly the same time. Yes, you could take your honed sense of humor on the road. I'd gladly pay to see you do standup! Wow, I want to go to work with you tomorrow!! Sounds like a blast. I'd like to see the driver in the coconut bra and grass skirt, lol. If he really does do it, you gotta post a picture.

Unlike Angie, I drank my water, but did not do well with food today. I went to a jewelry party at a pizza joint, and ate a little more pizza than I planned for. It's over, though, and I'm good to go again. (I ordered the coolest ring, though, and will post a pic when I get it.

Slimmin Patty
08-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Jane,

I think that we're going to have enough people to do WW at work. I should know more soon. It's frustrating because I'm ready to get started now.

I did have a 1.2 lb. loss last week. That makes my first 10 lbs. I'm so excited, I've never been able to loose 10 lbs before.:carrot: The amazing part is that it's getting easier. I also read the book by Beck about thinking like a thin person and I think it really helped. Now I get to go buy myself my first charm for 10 lbs. lost. It'll be fun:D

Fair starts next week so I'll have to be really careful. Both daughters are in 4-H so I'll be spending a lot of time there. I don't think there will be much diet friendly food at the fair.:mad:

Have a great weekend!

suitejudyblueeyes
08-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Marti - My best quick lunch idea is leftovers :) When I make dinner I divvy up what I've made between me, DH, and either one or two tupperware containers from the outset to make sure I have enough for lunch!

Jen - :welcome: to WW and to 3FC! Way to go staying OP over your birthday, that must be tough! My birthday is this month so I will have to figure out how I can do it, too! WTG on the loss, and keep going!

Dixie - WTG on the water! Must be so much nicer than forcing down something you don't enjoy ;)

Angelia - Wow, that is a lot of painting! I'm sure it counts as APs, think of all that twisting, bending, squatting... Sounds like ab work to me ;) Your company party sounds hilarious... I wish I could see it!

Trish - Getting rid of diet food is hard but worth it, in my opinion. Diet food is never worth it in the end. Glad everything is going well for you and your husband now.

Jane - That is a wonderful incentive. Keep focused on those things and you will get there! You are determined!

Patty - Way to go on losing 10 lbs! Don't let the fact that you didn't start losing earlier get to you, the fact is you're doing it now! :D Good luck eating at the fair, the phrase of the day is "plan ahead"... :lol:

Well I am off early from work this afternoon and will head up to my sister's house. I am hoping to get the 3FC 5k completed tonight, but I will be at my sister's house and I've never run in her neighborhood before... And I cannot for the life of me find my pedometer, so I don't exactly know how I am going to measure the distance I've gone!

I have made up my menu for dinners next week, and frankly I wish I could stay home and eat them instead of whatever we will have at my sister's house. Travelling is always difficult on the eating habits. Plus my sister is 8 mo pregnant and not setting the best example at least in terms of quantity of food ;) This week we are having black bean and butternut squash tacos, mushroom phyllo pouches with braised tofu cutlets, barbeque sandwiches (either with TVP or lentils), tropical black beans and rice, and a vegetarian "sausage" dinner skillet thing. Nom nom nom. :) Who wants to come over for dinner? :D

Hope everyone has great things planned for this weekend. I probably won't be back until Monday, so have a good weekend everyone!

Jane
08-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi all,

SPatty - you know, my DD Mary thinks like a thin person. DD Katie and I do not. I don't know if it's something you're born with, or what. A big YAY to you, making your first goal. :cp:

Jaime - hope you're having fun at your sister's. Yes, your menus sound good, and it's nice to know I'm not the only one that plans way ahead. Makes grocery shopping a lot easier, doesn't it?

I'm doing fine being OP. We had one of my favorite casseroles for dinner tonight, so I saved more points than usual for dinner. That's one thing I just love about WW.

I got my hair highlighted today for the first time. I had him put subtle carmel colored ones in, since my hair is medium brown. I didn't want a frosted look, and it turned out great. I've been keeping it short, which was hard to get used to at first, but I like it real well now.

Gotta go ride my bike.....

Toodles,

pattygirl63
08-01-2008, 09:43 PM
:) Good Evening Ladies,

Went with DH to Chiropractic ctr and talked to one of the girls in the office about a tea they sale that is supposed to help with losing weight. It is called Chiro-Kenze (sorry not sure about the spelling). She uses it and says it works. It is actually a detox type tea. I bought a months supply and plan to start drinking it tonight. I also had to check on how much the last check was that I wrote them and she said, "I forgot to set up your appointment". So I am set to go for August 15th. They are such really nice people there and I am really excited about getting started with them.

SPatty - :bravo: for your 10 lbs gone. Isn't that exciting. Maybe I need to look up Beck's book on thinking like a thin person. Hope you get WW starting soon at your work. I think that will be nice to have people around you at work doing the same thing. My sister's husbands job pays for her to go to WW meetings which is nice too.

Jen - :congrat: With your 4 lb loss you are well on your way to make your goal to how you want to look in September.

Jaime - Have fun and enjoy being at your sister's.

Angelia - Hope your party was fun. Are you still painting this weekend? Boy your brother owes you BIG time.

Jane - Sounds like things are coming together for you OP. I too love WW pts because it does help us to enjoy special foods and occasion by saving pts and of course we have our WPA to help to. That's what makes it such a good plan. :cp: YAY You did it! You got your hair highlighted. You will love it. It makes me feel good about how I look. You'll have to put a picture on for us to see it. I bet it looks great.

Mati, Pat, Ruth and anyone else I missed :wave:

Hope everybody has a great week end.

Trish

jenosaurus
08-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Hi all,
Seems that since I started this I never have time to be online anyway.
Well the last two days have been very challenging. Working in a movie theatre with free popcorn soda and ice cream around all the time is not easy going. But i jus about managed to stay OP.. . . i think anyway. O h well tomorro is another day anyway.

Jane What convinced you to get your hair highlighted?? Im always changing the colour of mine. Havent been my natural colour since i was about 13 i think?? An what does your new ring look like?

Trish Good luck with the tea. I cannot drink tea for the life of me. Even if you paid me to, and thats any type of tea.

Patty Well done on the 10 pounds :) Nobody that works with me needs to go to or wants to go to weight watchers but I go every week with my mam so it helps to have someone else for support. And everyone I work with knows Im doing it and there always getting on to me when I have somethin I shouldnt or even when I just talk about it lol. It not entirely a bad thing I suppose.

Jaime I wish I could plan ahead like you do. But my work is that unpredictable it would never work. But your menus sound tasty.
Juat when you mentioned your pedometer I just realised a few days ago my cellphone has a pedometer built in to it so its measuring how many steps I take in an entire day once the phone is in my pocket..
Amazing!!

Hi to everyone else, and good luck :)
JeN

Jane
08-02-2008, 10:04 AM
See you at HFF #3!