Old 07-12-2008, 06:45 PM   #1  
Beach Bum

Height: 5'7"

Default Do you find weight loss on Core to be slow?

Hi everyone. I've tried many different ways to lose weight -- WW Flex, South Beach, and now core. I really feel like Core is the way I was meant to eat though ...I finish everyday being completely satisfied and feeling great. Surprisingly I have not really missed bread as much as I thought I would...it really doesn't phase me anymore, which I am happy about.

I've been following Core for 2 weeks (technically one full week today because I cheated for the 4th of July the first week ) and I always stay on plan and track everything I eat just so I can refer back if needed. This week I ate 29 of my 35 flex points, and every week I take an exercise class twice, one hour each time.

So basically my weeks are on plan, with the majority of my flex points eaten, and 2 hours of solid, crazy-sweaty exercise (I take Zumba which is GREAT, btw, if you're looking for a class.)

Anyway, I was wondering how long it took you all to lose weight. Normally I lose weight rather quickly at the beginning of a new plan...usually I lose between 1-3 pounds the first week. I am curious because my weight has stayed the same this past week. I was thinking that even though I stay on plan, maybe I'm eating too many fruits? I eat a ton of fruit everyday, and usually grab a piece when I'm hungry. I eat mostly grapes and apples. Do you think maybe that's too much sugar per day even though they're core foods? Thanks!

Edited to add that I am 5'7" and weigh 178 pounds right now...my doctor advised me to try to reach anywhere between 140 and 150 pounds because I have a naturally large frame and build, even if I were to be thinner. I look like I carry less weight than I actually do.

Last edited by beachflower721; 07-12-2008 at 06:49 PM.
beachflower721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi-I started core in May, probably the third week. I've lost 11.5 lbs so far. It may not start with a bang, but the loss will be steady if you stick with it. Come post with us!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #3  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Beachflower!

I started ww, on the core plan on March 17 and I have lost 32 pounds so far. Are you eating to satisfaction or are you eating until you are full? You need to make sure that you don't get full, but satisfied. I don't think eating too much fruit is the culprit, but are you getting a good amount of vegetables in as well? You need to get at least 5 fruits and vegetables, but of the 5, some of them do need to be vegetables.
Are you drinking your water? Are you eating a lot of sodium?
Just stick to the plan and you will lose. It might take your body a bit to adjust to this new way of eating. Core does work and I absolutely love it.
We are here to help if you have any concerns.
You might post what you are eating for each meal and snacks and we might be able to see if there is a problem.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote