General chatter - Growing cukes???

View Full Version : Growing cukes???

auntie g
07-12-2008, 09:52 AM
I'm trying to grow cucumbers for the first time, and I'm not sure if they're on track or not. They are loaded with flowers, but nothing looks like it's starting to turn into a cuke yet. Maybe I'm just comparing them to tomatoes, which I am having no trouble with, but shouldn't the spent flower grow into a cuke? The stems on the flowers look way to skinny for that, and it seems like when the flower is done, I just see a nipped off little stem. Soooo, I'm wondering whether birds are after them, or maybe they just turn into the lovely little tendrils, or if I just don't know anything about this! :dizzy: Any info would be greatly appreciated!!! :^:

dgramie
07-12-2008, 10:31 AM
I have never grown cukes but try posting in the garden thread and maybe someone could help you.

auntie g
07-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Ohhhh, I didn't even know there was a garden thread. Guess I still haven't explored enough! Thanks!

GatorgalstuckinGA
07-12-2008, 03:53 PM
my cuke plant had about 3-4 wks of flowers before anything happened. If your plant looks healthy..it should happen eventually. Mine took a few weeks but now i finally have 2 growing well. Just give it some time.