30-Somethings - 30 Something's Weekend Chat: July 12-13

LBH
07-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Mornin' All!

Been up since 5:40 ready and rarin' to go! :lol: OK, maybe not that perky, but for some reason, I woke up a little after 5 (dh was already up) and laid there with a zillion things running through my head that I had to do! So I emptied the sink, ran the dishwasher and have honey corn muffins in the oven and am taking a break to drink my coffee! (Yes, of COURSE the first thing I did was make the coffee!) :lol3: Gotta be at my mom's by 9:30 to play "help desk" in case anything goes wrong with her PC while she's taking her LNC exam. :lol:

Alicia, that's some "friend" your DH has. :tantrum:

Day 2 on Adderall. 5 mg. did nothing yesterday, so I'm not wasting time, I took 10 mg. this AM.

We're going to Red Robin for a birthday lunch today, then getting my hair highlighted at 4:00. We'll probably go back to Red Robin next month for DH's birthday lunch/dinner. They send you a coupon in e/m for a free burger on your bday, but the coupon is only good for 2 wks. DH & I are 2 days apart, and aren't going to eat there twice in a two week period, so we have to argue with them every year about extending the time frame for one of them. :rolleyes: They did it for us last year.

Have a great day all!

IrishJoan
07-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Mornin' Lauren ~ hope that you see some good results with the meds (soon!). I know that you're anxious to see a change. Sounds like you're focussed this morning. I've never eaten at RR ~ is it sort of like Applebee's?

Alicia ~ so sorry to hear about your lousy day yesterday. Wow... some "friend" is right. Too weird. Not being able to deal with everything until Tuesday has got to be tough.

GG ~ 4 weeks to go!!! Man, that is exciting. Enjoy your weekend with DH.
BTW, I totally agree with you about talking things out. I can't fuction w/o communication. DH is a typical man and tends to shut down when he gets stressed. I love how much more open he is with me now than he was years ago. Poor man can't help it since I bug the *$#@ out of him until he talks LOL.

We're off but I just wanted to sign in and hope that everyone has an excellent day! Joan

GatorgalstuckinGA
07-12-2008, 09:04 AM
Morning all...i'm up and raring to go. Heading out the door in a few min. Last night, a friend from the barn calld and wanted to see if I wanted to go for a trail ride this am. So we'll head out to Kennesaw mt this morning with the ponies and go for a trail ride. Should be fun.

Lauren-man i cant even think about being up that early LOL. Well i guess you got a lot done then LMAO

Joan have fun today...

hey to all else!

LBH
07-12-2008, 09:10 AM
GG, Honestly, I've never been a morning person, I worked the night shift for years and loved it! I worked at a Mobil Mart (gas w/store). Back in the days when I used to smoke, I loved to sit outside in the early AM with coffee and a butt and watch the sun rise! :lol: The good (?) old days! But now, my kids have forced me to be a morning person and I actually like to be up before them to get stuff done. This doesn't happen all the time though, today was a fluke!

Joan, I'm sure the doctors love when people self-medicate. :lol3: RR is a gourmet burger joint. www.redrobin.com (http://www.redrobin.com). Awesome burgers! My favorite is the Banzai Burger...marinated in teriyaki w/grilled pineapple, cheddar, & L&T. YUM! And they give you unlimited steak fries, but I never finish the ones they come with. :lol:

Miltrez
07-12-2008, 09:53 AM
geez I thought I got up early but man compared to you guys 6:30 is almost mid-morning :)

I'm so excited because yesterday I stuck to my diet even though I thought there was no chance. So now that I know I can I'm looking forward to the challange.

mcmommy2
07-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Morning all...I love Red Robin too...I like the burger with the blue cheese on it..yum. I did another 20 minute weights workout on the WW DVD today...I never realized how hard it is to exercise with a 3 year old crawling in and out of your legs while you are doing squats....and he got his drum sticks to pretend they were weights to work out with me...so cute but I was afraid I was going to run into him! We have so much to do this weekend...lots of running around! Well, take care and I will check in later.

Lauren- enjoy all you get done today...wow that is early...i wasn't even up that early with the baby.

GG- Enjoy your horse ride. I bet that is relaxing and fun.

mcmommy2
07-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Miltrez- great job sticking to it....we posted around the same time!
You can do and you will...I am sending you my willpower dust!

poppyseeds
07-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Good morning... weigh day today and the results are in. 1 pound down this week!! I thought it would be more with TOM being last week but I'll take it. I know it took me a while to gain it and it will take me a while to lose it... but I want to be now!!!!!! Whine.... LOL

Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday!!!!!

KAR73
07-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Morning Everyone,
Sounds like everyone is getting ready to have a great Saturday! I just got done with my 3 mile walking video. Boy was it a good workout this morning. Feeling very sweaty and a good kind of sore! Maybe this way when we go to the chicken noodle dinner for the local girl's softball team this afternoon, I won't overeat and gain too much weight from the starchy food. No other big plans for the day. It is suppose to be 90 here with high humidty. It was already 73 at 8:30 and very humid already. So just going to try and stay cool today.
Lauren, glad you got so much done this morning. Hope you don't want to crash after the boys get up for the day.
GG, enjoy your trail ride this morning. That sounds like it would be fun!
Joan have a safe trip! Enjoy your time at your fil's by the pool reading!
Erin, glad you got your workout in already for the day! Sounds like you are enjoying your new dvd!
Miltrez, congrats on sticking to your diet yesterday! That must make you feel good about yourself! See you can do it! Keep up the good work!
Poppyseeds, congrats on your pound loss! You are so true about how it takes time to get the weight off! Keep up the good work!
Hi to everyone else! Hope you have a relaxing Saturday! I am off to get my shower and get ready for the day. Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry

PearFreak
07-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Oh I LOVE Red Robin. Love their Speckled Lemonade (w/strawberries in it) ~ ~ MMMMM

I am ready and rearing to go. I plan on going on a walk today, if the rain doesn't get here before I venture out. If not, I am sure I'll do a bunch of walking with all the errands I need to do today... that intails pushing a carriage with two kiddies and groceries. LOL! That is a workout-right!?!?

Well I hope all of you have a lovely Saturday and talk to you all later.

mamatoni
07-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Morning everyone, I'm off to the farmer's market with the kids. Just wanted to pop in an say hello. Welcome pearfreak! (love the name :) - is your avatar a goat over the pyramids??? :lol:)

I stayed OP all yesterday and got my exercise sticker AND my food sticker! :carrot:

Unfortunately I am SOOOOOO sore today from my new video that I think I will bike to the market for my exercise and give it a couple days before I tackle that video again. :D

More later...

GatorgalstuckinGA
07-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Well the trail ride was fun...but i sort of screwed up. I thought DH said we needed to leave the house at 3. So while riding, we went on the longer trail. We were out for 3 hrs. Its was a fun relaxing ride. However, when i called DH he said he had to leave at 2. It was 1.30 and till had to take the horses back to the barn. So unfortunately DH had to go to the car race by himself. I offered to drive down and meet him, but he said it wasn't worth the gas. I think he was really bummed however. I feel bad. he said it was ok...but i know he was a bit bummed. Oh well..next time I'll pay more attention to time. But i have to admit...its been a while since i've had such a great and relaxing ride.....off to do some errands.

Miltrez
07-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Oh man I miss the bike trails in Alaska sooo bad. They would be very helpful here. I love to bike.

mamatoni
07-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Miltrez, I have to admit, I rarely ride on the trails. :) There are some nice ones, but I am always pulling 70 pound of kid behind me so I usually stick to the smoothest surface I can find! :lol:

Kerry, I love good workouts!! have fun at your dinner tonight.

poppyseeds, congrats on the loss. I agree that I'd take anything, but the faster, the better! :)

Lauren, I am a total morning person. When I was in college, I would go to bed at 10pm and get up at 2am to write a paper that was due the next day (I also procrastinate:D). I like the quiet of the morning before everyone else gets up, feels very peaceful to me. Glad you enjoyed it and hope you're not too tired tonight! What is an LNC exam?

GG, sorry about the miscommunication with your DH...maybe you can make it up to him ;);););) :lol:

Joan, are we married to the same DH???? :lol: Mine gets the exact same way when stressed and I also have bug him to talk to me. Drives me crazy sometimes!! :dizzy:

Gonna have a nice dinner and some alone time with DH tonight, IL's are watching the kids. I logged what I plan to eat on daily plate to make sure I can still get my sticker today. :D

KAR73
07-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Evening Everyone,
Welcome Pearfreak! Glad you could join our group. The more the merrier! Hope you got your walk in and all your errands done.
Toni, glad you got both of your stickers yesterday! Will you give yourself both of them again today? How was the farmer's market? I wish we had one closer to our house. We have to drive over 45 minutes just to get to one. So we go the local Kroger's grocery store to get all our produce. We have had some yummy sweet corn from there. Enjoy your evening with your dh!
GG, sounds like you enjoyed your trail ride! Bummer about not getting to go with your dh to his race. Did you get your errands done? I bet you can make it up to him later. :) Sounds like you enjoyed your day off!
Miltrez, how is your day going so far for you? Is another day of congrats in order for you? I like to bike too. But unforturenately we live on a busy country road that connects our town to the highway. So everyone takes it as a short cut. Don't feel like loading up my bike and taking it anywhere where I could ride it.
Well the chicken noodle dinner was good! Then my dh played in the cornhole tournment they had. I spend the afternoon in the shade reading a book. We stayed for the raffle and chinese auction. Didn't win anything. But hopefully I got my name out there for my Avon business, since I donated a makeup bag with 4 or 5 items in it. Then I came home and tried to take a nap, but AF is not being nice. She is killing my back and stomach today. I think I will just relax this evening with my book and maybe a cup or two of mint tea. My dh is at his nephew's working on a derby car. So I didn't want to go hang out in the garage this evening feeling like I do.
Hi to everyone else! Hope you all have a nice evening! I will check back later.
Take care,
Kerry

Miltrez
07-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Well Im excited because I just finished cleaning up the kitchen and yes I did it. I ate everything I was supposed to and nothing I wasn't. :carrot:

Only right after dinner I kinda snapped at my hubby because we had no Diet Coke and we didn't make it to the store. It was both our faults but I totally blamed it on him. Then even worse I told him I was suffering because he didn't make sure we went to the store. I owe him big now.

Night time is the worse for me I eat way to much that is when it is really hard.

PearFreak
07-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the welcome mamatoni and Kar73.

It rained here, so I wasn't able to go on my walk. BUT I did do my errands and am about to do a video as I ate some no-no junk food just moments ago. Blaming it on AF (or do you all call it TOM)! and my kiddos NOT wanting to go to sleep and pushing my every button. Hey I need to blame it on somebody- and NOT ME. Nooooo!!!

poppyseeds
07-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Welcome Pearfreak!!

The family went to the movies tonight and saw Hancock with Will Smith. I had an interesting plethera of food!! LOL Popcorn, Nestle Crunch bites, Skittles and about 4-5 nachos with cheese... yikes!! The funny thing is, I myself didn't get anything... I ate everyone elses!!!! LOL I usually get the pretzels with cheese but I didn't.

Now I know I was way off program but I did't eat as much as I normally would. And since today is weigh-in day and I'll be OP for the rest of the week, I should be fine for next weigh-in. I haven't been to the movies in months so we had fun.

Have a great night all!!

Javamommy
07-13-2008, 12:14 AM
Hi everyone,

I had a pretty good day. I woke up this morning not wanting to exercise. Had a lot to do today, and didn't want to get moving. I had coffee with a friend and a family birthday party to go to. I did really well on my diet and didn't eat anything bad. I had just a spoonful of dip with a small handful of chips, and I SKIPPED the birthday cake. Yay me!! I came home and did my 30 minutes of Walk Away the Pounds. I did have a glass of wine with dinner and a few bites of leftover chocolate cake. But since it was just like three bites and not three slices, I was pleased.

It sounds like everyone had a great Saturday.

Tomorrow we have church and then we are going to my mom's. I am taking a day off of working out. I'll pick it up again Monday morning.

Have a blessed weekend!

mamatoni
07-13-2008, 01:21 AM
pearfreak, I read somewhere else that you have kids, how old are they?

Javamommy, congrats on staying OP, doesn't it feel good!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

poppyseeds, did you like the movie? DH and I got some free movie tickets and are looking for something good at the theatre to see.

Had an awesome dinner with DH, I have to confess that I calculated in a half bottle of wine to my plan today. :D;);) having a FABULOUS evening. :D:D:D

Gonna go now. goodnight all.

LBH
07-13-2008, 08:54 AM
Mornin' All! :coffee2:

Coffee in hand, waking up! :D I was awake on and off since 5, but got up when the boys came in around 6:45-ish. Was nice to "sleep in". :lol:

Have to go back to mom's today, we forgot Eli's bowls there. (for the newbies, Eli is my crazy black lab mix puppy - he's 6 months old today actually!)

I got my hair highlighted yesterday and I'm soo happy, I feel summery now. :lol: And DH likes it. After lunch (yup, got my Banzai burger), we went to BJ's and DH bought me an iPod Nano for my birthday!! :D I can't wait to try it out! I have to charge it and put some music on it.

Poppy, how was Hancock? I love Will Smith.

Pear, Welcome! I'm not sure how many "pear cities" there are, but do you like in Fredericksburg? Hey, AF is a good one to blame it on, when all else fails! :lol:

Miltrez, (Did I say welcome to you? If not, Welcome!) Good for you staying on plan!

Kerry, What on earth is a cornhole tournament??

Toni, My mom took a Legal Nurse Consultant course, so that was the exam. She passed! :D

Have a great day all!

KAR73
07-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Morning All,
Toni, sounds like you had an enjoyable evening! Glad you enjoyed your time with your dh.:)
Lauren, cornhole is a game that you play outside. There are two wooden boards that are sloped at an angle towards the ground. At the top of each board is a hole. The boards are set 27 feet apart in front of each other. Then each player is given four beanbags full of corn to toss at the board that is furtherest from them. If you get the beanbag on the board it is 1 point and if you get it in the hole it is 3 points. But your points get cancelled out by the other players bags. The each team also has different color bags, like one is red and the other teams is gray. The first person to 21 wins. It is a big thing around my neck of the woods. Glad you got to sleep in this morning! That is great about your mom passing her test! :)
Hi to everyone else! Hope you are all having a great weekend! I am feeling a little bit better today with my AF. The only thing that is killing me is my back. But I will strecth it out here in a little bit when I excerise. Don't know what is on the agenda for today. Since we are suppose to get rain showers and thunderstorms. But atleast it is suppose to be cooler. Well you all have a wonderful Sunday! I'll check back in with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry

PearFreak
07-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the welcome Poppyseeds!
Mamatoni: I have a 4 y/o dd and a 2 1/2 y/o ds.
LBH: Thanks for the welcome, and nope, Pear Ville is my made up town. Gotta live where the name abides. LOL!

Well I am starting today off fresh and on the right track. I am hoping to get that walk in, again if it doesn't rain. I really wish the weather would make up its mind. Also want to do some Ball work-out... my big balance ball is sitting there staring at me, insisting I use it. Hehehe. I don't mind, I love the vidoe I got with it, and plan on doing some crunches too. Gotta love them crunches.
AF is not going to get the best of me, I won't let it... if I feel the urge coming on I'll go and hide the kiddos snacks. Well, no if I hide them I'll know where they are... UGH! Well I'll do my best to not dive in to their treats. I can do it, I can do it, yes I can!!!!

GatorgalstuckinGA
07-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Morning all. This am dh wanted breakfast..so we were bad and went to a really good local breakfast joint called "the flying bisquit". They have the best buttermilk biscuits. yimmie. Dh and i split a breakfast and i'm still unbelievably full from half an omlete. But it was nice. Today, I'm off to a meeting. I'm going to a meeting for people interested in being volunteers at the Georgia Aquarium. SHould be fun if i get into it. Something fun to do on my days off.

Wellcome pearfreak....

lauren- cant believe ellie is 6 months old already...wow time flies.

hey to everyone else...have a great day.

poppyseeds
07-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Hancock was good... enjoyable. It wasn't as good as iRobot but it was funny. I wanted to see The Happening but DD was coming with us and she is 11 and it's rated R.

Man... that popcorn was good... ROFLMAO!!!!

Eli sounds adorable. I had a yellow lab who was a loonbag so I can relate. My Golden isn't as nuts but she is a piece of work... :)

I have laundry to finish and I have to get some groceries for the week... I'll check in later!! By-eee!!!

Javamommy
07-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Good Sunday Morning Everyone!

I am finishing up my coffee and going to get ready for church.

You all sound so on track, I'm very impressed!

I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday!

Miltrez
07-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Good morning everyone! I hope everyone enjoys their day so far mine has been great.

I went to church which was good and brought home my best friends daughter who is only 2 months younger than my son. I love having her over because the play so well and are just so darn cute. We both secretly hope they will someday marry. If you guys want I will post a pic of them.

I loved Hancock it was good so don't believe the reviews. The happening on the other hand was disturbing on so many levels I recomond you do not
watch it.

KimV
07-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Hi to everyone,

Just wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome. Because of school, my kid, and life in general, I probably won't get a chance to post everyday but I did want to say hi and thank everyone. Youall really made me feel welcome. Have a nice day and talk to you all later.

Kim

mamatoni
07-13-2008, 05:13 PM
good morning...or almost afternoon I suppose. :) DH decided to stay home today which is always nice. I get a hand with the kids and get to see him throughout the day. A friend is having a pig roast tonight, so we are going to that after the kids nap. hope everyone has a great sunday.

Lauren, I love getting my hair highlighted! do you do it often?

Miltrez, do post a pic, I would love to see them. :)

GG, those biscuits sound awesome! :hun: volunteering at the aquarium sounds fun too, hope the meeting goes well.

Those of you with AF, (includes me :() hope she leaves soon! and here is some extra :dust:

fergi
07-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Good afternoon

We had a somewhat productive weekend. Saturday we took the DH out to eat for his birthday. Then we went shopping to get his gifts. Then I got sick because we ate mexican food and it did not settle well with the stomach. We rented movies and did that last night.

I got up early this morning to fix everyone breakfast. We had eggs, bacon, and waffles. I bought a new waffle iron so I got to make homemade waffles. I found an organic waffle mix. It was pretty good. I am trying to go organic with everything I buy. It just seems healthier for you.

My membership is finally switch over so I will start hard a the gym tomorrow. Go on the way home from work. I would like to go before work but I have to be at work at 6.

Hello to all and hope everyone has had a good weekend. I know it is hot and humid here. But what do you expect it is Texas.

GatorgalstuckinGA
07-13-2008, 08:42 PM
evening all..well today was good. The meeting was good. I am joing to be a volunteer...i just have to wait for my background check..which should not be a problem...unless they find the bodies in my closet LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:. Then there's many differint things between just greating guest, working with kids in their classroom set up..but what i really want to do is the animal husbandyr...but you have to volunteer for a period of time prior. I think it will be fun. Something to do on my day off.
Its been raining crazy here...5 days straight here. But we really need it.

mamatoni-pig roast sounds like fun...haven't been to a pig roast in ages.
fergi- i'm not totally organic yet...but i am trying to do it more. I do think it makes a difference.

i'm off..have a good night

poppyseeds
07-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Fergi... sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope you're feeling better now.

Gatorgal... bodies in the closet. Nice. ROFLMAO!!!

PearFreak
07-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Well I finished off the day with a bang... I ate pretty healthy, and am on the lower end of my caloric intake :smug:
I started off the day in an alright mood, but it slowly faded and turned into Miss Grumpy Pants. Thank goodnes my parents called and invited us over. The kidlets love going over there, so they were happy, I was happy and so was the parents. We ran around, golfed, rode bikes, watered plants and veggies, weeded my moms garden... sat in the lil bit of shade we could find... so all in all the day ended off right. Now to get over this hump of wanting to snack on a not so healthy snack. Hmmmmmmmmm... maybe a sugar-free jello cup is in my future.:carrot:

PearFreak
07-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Fergi: Care to share the recipe for Waffles. My mom bought me a Waffle Iron for Christmas, and lets just say I haven't used it enough. I do however want to start using it more often. I definitely like fresh, homemade and ORGANIC waffles better then store bought ones. As do my kidlets.