South Beach Diet - Weekend Clucking - July 12th and 13th

Ruthxxx
07-12-2008, 07:04 AM
Good Saturday morning - evening for Indiagal!

The three-dog household is doing just fine with no fights and just a little jostling in the line to be petted. Right now they are resting after breakfast and potty. "It's a dog's life" is a good thing. It originally meant a miserably unhappy existence. That sure doesn't apply around here! :lol:

Borrowed my friend Doug's power washer yesterday as he and Claire are away for the weekend. I intend to play with it a lot today cleaning the dog pool, patio, deck and siding. :carrot: I also have a couple of small metal tables that need the moss blasted off before I hit them with Tremclad. Our wet June really screwed up white-painted furniture.

Today is supposed to be a good weather day :sunny: and the nice clear sunrise is looking good. It's going up to 86F so it'll be an AC day later on. Right now it's wonderfully cool.

What's going on with you this weekend? Come and chat. :cofdate:

cottagebythesea
07-12-2008, 08:11 AM
I can join you for a quick cup this morning, Ruth. Have fun with that power-washer, but be careful. They can be pretty powerful. ;)

I have to follow Jake down to the car dealership so he can drop his car off for inspection this morning. Luckily, it's right next to Cracker Barrel. :) After breakfast it's a quick stop at Wegman's, then home for the rest of the day. It's supposed to be in the high 80s and very humid, so it will be a great day to enjoy the pool and throw something on the grill for supper.

Jake's ready to go already and standing here looking at me, so I'd better hop to it! Later!

femmecreole
07-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Morning All!!

Ruth, have fun with the power washer. When you are done with it, could I please use it too? My son's duck makes quite a mess on my brick patio and it could use a good cleaning. We hose it off at least 3-4 times a day..yuk. The little blue duck is now a great big white duck who makes great big 'stuff". ick. but she's pretty cute.

Speaking of 3 dogs, Our little Bijoux is definately pregnant...getting wider every day bless her heart. Who wants a puppy??? Mandy? Zeffryn...??? Mama is a shih tzu/rat terrier mix. Daddy is an austrailian shepherd/catahoula mix. So we are going to have "designer" puppys...we figured out they would be RATTACALLASHEPHERDSH*TS!!!

Cottage, have fun at breakfast and doing your groceries. (here in New Orleans it is called "making groceries"!)

Yesterday morning I was finished with work and getting ready to put my exercise DVD on when we heard a big "BOOM". A transformer blew. It usually just takes a little while for the power company to come out and fix them. It wasn't done till around 7 last night....about 11 hours without electricity and man was it hot in here...around 94. Shades of the miserable 6 weeks after Katrina came rushing back. I ate SF popsicles all day long just to cool off. Pretty boring day too. Reading just made me sleepy. I usually have music going all day long and it was just too quiet in here.

No plans for today. Going to grill some shrimp later. Saw a recipe in Cooking light for a glaze made of garlic+lemon juice+honey+dijon mustard. I have some orange agave necter I'm going to use to replace the honey. Will let ya'll know how it turns out.

CyndiM
07-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Good morning :coffee2: We are still serving Fogbuster (it's on sale this month!) so come on by for a cup :)

Ruth - Sounds like a fun day and the perfect thing to do on a warm day!

Cottage - Enjoy the pool!

Cat - Where did you find the orange agave? I've been tempted to experiment with maple extract and agave now that fresh berries are available. Can't wait to hear how the recipe turns out.

Gonna - I agree with Nessa - 31 seems very early! I'm 47 and am just getting kicked in that direction by my weight loss. They can test your hormone levels to find out if that is the case. good luck!

Normal weekend day here - yard and garden work and housework as long as it stays relatively comfortable. Once it gets hot I'm heading for the hammock! Tonight Julie has a gig in town so I'll go hang out with a friend, listen to music, and do some co-op shopping while we are there.

I'm planning my camping menu and getting beans and salads ready. I'm figuring out prices for meals now in preparation for our fall training.

I slept in so am behind already! Sounds just like a weekend ;)

Schmoodle
07-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Good morning chicks, I am waiting for my friend to come by and we are going to have breakfast at the cute diner counter at the Farmer's Market and do our shopping. When I get home I want to cut the grass then maybe go to the pool. Movie on the green tonight.
The scale is a butthead this morning. For no good reason, so I must have pissed off the scale Gods.

Cat, I already know that shrimp will be delicious! No dogs here thanks! 2 cats, 4 hamsters, and a fish, so we are full up.
Have a great day, Ruth and cottage!

femmecreole
07-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Cyndi, I think I found the orange agave at Whole Foods. I got a vanilla one at the same time and it's about gone.

Gonna...I started at around 35...very early too. Took several years for the whole operation to "complete". Then I had a few years of "peace". Then I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago and the whole thing started all over again. No fair. I had already passed the "test"!! It was like being told you have to take chemistry and physics again. Took about a year the second time and occasionally I still get a hot flash, but I'm so used to them now it's no big deal. I never took any hrt...didn't want to mess with it. Now, I just love it...not to get too personal here, but "things" are better than ever...woohoo!

weezle
07-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Morning ladies!

Ruthie, have fun with the power washer! We're getting God's Own Power Washer here :rolleyes: today.

Cottage, hope you enjoyed Cracker Barrel!

Cat, "we figured out they would be RATTACALLASHEPHERDSH*TS!!!" I think I had one of those this morning from the buffalo "chicken" salad I ate last night. :lol: That's awesome though! I bet they'll come out cute as can be!

As for me, it's another early morning. Tom got up around 6 and I woke up out of a weird dream at 6:24 so here we are. I just heard Little Guy's door open but he hasn't come out yet so maybe he decided it's too early for him still.

Severe weather coming through again today. Sigh. Roads were partially flooded when I came home from work last night and now they're saying that flooding is likely in areas that got a lot of rain last night and this morning. Can't wait for the storming to be over! I guess the severe threat is over at midnight tonight, so we're in for a long day.

Well, I need some tea and my book. I'm 2/3 done with James Patterson's newest Alex Cross book, Double Cross. Bought it for $3.20 + tax on amazon.com (hardback.) That's so much better than getting it for $27.99 at the book store, and I just couldn't wait for it.

Hope you girlies have a good day!

Lisa

weezle
07-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Woops, simulposting!

Cyndi, enjoy the hammock! You'll deserve it!

Schmoodle, don't worry about the scale gods. It's the weekend. I didn't even weigh myself this morning for that reason. The scale gods are sleeping in because it's Saturday.

CyndiM
07-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Ruth - forgot to mention I'm freezing a flat of blueberries this weekend and next weekend I'm trying blueberries and cream fruit leather (blueberries with greek yogurt). Certainly sounds good!

Belle Mer
07-12-2008, 09:33 AM
Good morning, all. I don't have much on the agenda for this weekend except a little cleaning, and working on my book, as usual.

Have a great weekend!

TwynnB
07-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Good morning chickies!

Just returned from my morning walk/jog. Went about 36 min straight, which should be right around a 5K....yippeee! If I don't do it first thing (because of two young children), it just won't fit in. Next is breakfast (I'm thinkin' blueberry protein pannycakes...yum!!), then off to a picnic lunch at a lake beach somewhere.

Enjoy the day!

and those shrimp sound awesome...share the recipe!!

indigal
07-12-2008, 09:55 AM
OMG!!! Talk of blueberrie's, I'm drooling over here! Occasionally strawberries I can find, seasonally... but blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, Oh so rarely... and hours away from here in the hill stations.

Femme, We (my folks) have 3 scottie pups here( any takers?), plus their parents, plus my two village mongrels, plus a kitten coming into the mix soon...and hundreds of fishies... What's funny, is once their Male Scottie bred with a shih tzu/ poodle mix... scottie poosh*ts they were a funny lot!

Have a great weekend all!

Pearlrose
07-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Morning chickies,

Sorry no time for personals, have to run Mac to the vet in a few minues and then the combined birthday party today for my two dd, youngest turned 5 on the 8th and older turns 15 on the 23rd, yup 10 years difference!!!! Was I nuts....LOL wouldn't change a thing.

Cat love your new picture----You look Fantastic!!!!

zeffryn
07-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Cat - I have the orange agave too...I got it from Whole Foods. If we knew exactly our plans for the coming months....I would definitely take a puppy...but I have no idea where we are going to be living, whether it be Baton Rouge, New Orleans or here...and even then, if it will be a house with a big backyard.

Off to Prejeans for breakfast.

I keep trying to order some maternity clothes from Gap.com,but the site is closed for maintenance. I hope it isn't closed much longer. Oh well, at least they are offering a 10% discount because of it. I need new clothes for our trip! I only have 1 pair of pants and 1 skirt that fit....who knows how many tops...maybe 4? Oy. I wish I hadn't gotten rid of all my maternity clothes!

femmecreole
07-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Zeff...prejeans??? I hate you...that's my favorite place in the world to eat.
Say hey to the big alligator for me... and see if you can sniff out an eggplant pirogue for me...ahhhhhhhhhh.

ladybugnessa
07-12-2008, 11:27 AM
cat love your Avatar darling

ruth... i thought you were going to power wash the dogs... LOL

morning gang

SIX weeks in the boot for me. surgery Maybe.. probably not. it would be an OATS Procedure which is rather complex and has a 4-6 MONTH recovery. it involves taking cartlidge from my knee to transplant to my ankle. and with my knee damage it's a bit of a complex mess...

oy....

paid some important bills this morning
stacked the medical bills to the side (and cried that i can't pay them)
quiet weekend planned.

can't really do much in this heat with the boot...

weezle
07-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Well, I finished Double Cross with the help of a half a pot of tea. Now I'm starting Judge & Jury which is an older James Patterson novel that I've just never read, and sipping the 2nd half of the pot of tea. Had a whole wheat mini-bagel with LF cream cheese and a small yogurt. Thinking of having some kind of veggie burger on a whole wheat english muffin for lunch.

Gonna surf the web a sec and give my eyes a break, then get back to my tea and book. Have a great afternoon!

cottagebythesea
07-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Cat, those puppies are going to be cute, make sure you post pictures when they're born. I like your new avatar, too. I couldn't see you in the other one, it was too dark. :) I've been shopping around for a new digital camera, do you know anything about the Olympus 350fe or the Olympus 270? I really like their size and features, but I want to make sure I'm getting a good one. And I'm a very amateur photographer and will only need it for recreation. Any recommendations?

Nessa, :hug:

Schmoodle, I hope you find some good bargains at your farmer's market. I didn't find anything at The Green Dragon yesterday. The prices were high, and what they did have was old. :( It was fun to walk around there, though.

:wave: Cyndi, Weezle, Zeffryn, Twynne, indigal, Pearlrose! Did I miss anyone? Have a great weekend!

DH and I need to learn to stay far away from Home Depot. Remember the ceramic tiles we got at a yardsale a while back? Well, I decided I didn't like them , afterall, so we never used them. This morning we saw some ceramic tile that would look gorgeous for the kitchen backsplash, and it was on clearance. So now Jake has another project to keep him occupied. :D
One of my neighbors is cooking something that smells wonderful, and I'm getting hungry. Wow, it is lunchtime already. Where did the morning go?

greeneyes490
07-12-2008, 01:27 PM
weezle......I am a james patterson fan and love judge and jury...hope you enjoy :).....

femmecreole
07-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Cottage, don't really know much about those cameras. There is a site called "Steve's" something or other that has camera reviews.
The lastest one I have is a Nikon Coolpix P80 and I just love it. It has an 18x zoom and some great menu settings for just about every lighting situation so I don't have to mess with manual settings...takes a lot of trial and error out of it. The close ups are incredible and for the price it is just what I needed till I can afford a super super camera...

Ruthxxx
07-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Aaaarrrrggggghhhhh! I have had my exercise today! When I was trying to set up the frassing power washer, the three dogs escaped because I didn't latch the gate properly. Off they went across the meadow and into the woods with me limping behind them. The woods goes on for miles!

The big dogs came home in half an hour but no wee Disney - short legs couldn't keep up, I guess. I was out in the car looking for her down by the Lake when she finally made it home. She decided to do a village tour and my neighbour spotted her and nabbed her. Was I ever relieved!

Let's hope that's the last time I do a sloppy gate latch!

carriepeck
07-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Not much chickee..Went to the gym and had to go and run some errands...Trying to eat clean as today is my day one of Phase1...Hugs and hope all of you chickees have a great weekend...Let's keep it clean...Yeppers

weezle
07-12-2008, 02:48 PM
weezle......I am a james patterson fan and love judge and jury...hope you enjoy :).....

I'm almost halfway through now and thoroughly enjoying it. I only have one more book to read and then I have to go buy more. Dang! I'll be done before the weekend is over! It's nice to just sit and read though, isn't it? :D

Schmoodle
07-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Hi chickies, BFF and I had a great time shopping this morning, I had a yummy veggie omelet at the Farmer's Market, and loaded up on a dozen 8 ball zukes to stuff as well as other veggies, and 4 quarts of blueberries for the freezer (sorry indigal). We also hit the Pa Dutch Market and Aldi's. I spent the afternoon mowing, weedwacking, weeding the garden, etc., then a nice long soak in the tub and one of those yummy Baja fish tacos for dinner. We'll walk up the street shortly to the movie, I always have a hard time resisting the popcorn they have there, so I'm going to get smart and make some here for me, maybe with some Old Bay seasoning, and I'll stop at the market and get a diet root beer, and I've got my little bag of dark chocolate chips all ready! I am going to be so ready for bed tonight.

carriepeck, you are brave starting PH1 on a Saturday, but come to think of it that's what I did. Don't remember why. I'm sure you'll do great!
Cat, I love the avatar picture, you look like a teenager!
Poor Ruth, glad you have your doggies back!
weezle, it is heaven to sit and read. Wish I could get paid for it!

zeffryn
07-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Just sitting down and relaxing a bit before I have to start dinner. Thankfully I've already chopped all the veggies, so it is basically just throwing everything into the pan and turning the rice cooker on.

DH and I went to Target this morning for maternity underwear - I can't stand when my undies roll under my belly - ended up buying a couple movies as well and some 4th of July stuff that was 90% off.

Came home, took a nap and powercleaned the entire house. I'm freaking tired now, but it feels so good to have just done it! I had been doing little things here and there, but never a good deep clean. I got out the gloves, started scrubbing and didn't stop until I was finished. Thankfully DH helped a lot. It's so purty now. I started about 900 projects while I was doing it though, including sorting through my clothes to see what I'm going to donate and cleaning out our storage closets.

Off to get dinner started....I can't wait until everything is over and i can put on a pot of tea and reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelax.

Barb0522
07-12-2008, 11:49 PM
Today was an all day Wood Badge staff development session. The presentation I gave was well received. I had to bring Brian with me but he had a new library book and his Gameboy and yoyo so he was fine. When we got home, I got the mowing and weedwacking done and then we went for a swim. I'd put dinner in the crockpot this morning so all I had to do was make some whole wheat pasta and a couple of types of vegetables. Tomorrow is Brian's party so that should be a lot of fun.

indigal
07-13-2008, 12:04 AM
Well, scale gods were good to me this week. -2.8 lbs (13 lbs loss during Phase 1 ). Today I start phase 2 I'm looking forward to oatmeal this morning! Did my w/l routine this morning. I've got to get moving...I have a full on day today.

Nessa: I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle.:hug:

Everybody else::grouphug: Have a great evening everyone!

cottagebythesea
07-13-2008, 06:02 AM
Good Sunday morning!

indigal, congratulations on a fantastic finish to Phase 1!

Zeff, what on earth were you doing up so late/early???? Get some rest!

We're off to Cape May for the day!

Ruthxxx
07-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Bless me, Beachies, for I have sinned!

Yesterday was a frustrating day with Disney getting lost and the darned power washer connection not working! I went to our local berry farm for some raspberries and got sucked into their end of strawberries celebration which included strawberry daiquiris and a barbecue. Nothing like some alcohol to make one forget SBD. The scale shows it this morning but I won't change my ticker quite yet!

Rainy morning so I have a dozen wet paws around here. I have Church at 8:30 but won't take a dog with me. After that Disney and I are off to Kingston for Obedience training. We may work in a visit to Harry later this afternoon but, other than that, it'll be a quiet day on the homefront.

Have a coffee and chat before you start your day.

femmecreole
07-13-2008, 09:52 AM
Ruth, well at least you had some fruit in that drink!!
Funny strawberry daquiri story. We have a big strawberry festival here..big event. One year (years ago!) at the festival I wasn't thinking and had something called a "booze ball"...like a strawberry snowball. It was great. But I kind of "forgot" I was nursing son 1 at the time. That baby slept for 8 hours straight. I felt awful about it. He's 24 now, so I guess I didn't harm him too much. He was a sleeper anyway...I had to wake him up to feed him all the time. He's still a sleeper, but he does his own partying now.

Nothing on my schedule today except some housework. I'm trying to psych myself up to go hit that 30 minute shred dvd. I have a routine with it. If I turn off the sound of the dvd and play Peter Gabriel's long 10 minute version of "in your eyes" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV5rHm0Qi_s&feature=user) 3 times...the one with the african drumming/singing in it...then the dvd seems to go by quicker. I love the african singing in it and told my husband it's the ancestors singing "Cat, you CAN finish this thing. If we could spend hours running and catching our own food, you can jump around for 30 minutes. Now get going!". He thought that was funny.

weezle
07-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Morning girls! Holy cow I must've been tired! Fell asleep during a movie, I'm told around 9:15 last night. Slept an hour and a half on the couch, then went to bed around 11 and slept until the alarm went off at 7:50 this morning. Guess I needed it!

Today is supposed to be beautiful here, high of 83 and sunny. May go to the pool after awhile. Otherwise, just gonna lie around and read my book. Gonna be a nice day! Then, back to work tomorrow. Grrr. I'll try not to think about that much until later tonight. Then I can start whining.

Hope you girls all have a nice, relaxing day!

Lisa

Barb0522
07-13-2008, 10:54 AM
It's beautiful here today and supposed to be cooler than the 102 degrees we had yesterday. Low to mid 90's should be nice for Brian's pool party. Hopefully, we won't get the scattered showers that are predicted but there will only be four boys total so we can easily move inside if we do.

I got Brian's gift wrapped after he went to bed last night. I DID talk to him about the Wii and the fact that I haven't been able to find one (except online at ToysRUs packaged with a teen rated game) and we're going to see if we can find one.

Dinner will be totally offplan since we are having the food catered by the really good Italian restaurant nearby. My boss is paying for it in place of my 20th anniversary dinner so I ordered lots of extra stuff. I'll have the grilled veggie pizza which has lots of yummy grilled vegetables. It's a thin crust so it isn't too offplan.

Kim_Star060404
07-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Hiya girls! Sorry for being MIA the past few days. DH has been out working cattle and I've been really rushing around trying to use the DH-free time to do some uber-organizing. I also did the front yard and worked on some planning for my holiday crafts. (We're making a haunted dollhouse, some more yard decorations and I'm hoping to crochet an afghan for fall and Christmas for DH and I and an afghan for both our mothers.) It should be interesting.

This week should be easy - no big plans which is a HUGE relief. I have been 100% off plan since Friday morning, but just had a healthy P1 breakfast and will be clean P1 until Saturday and then I'll move on to P2 Sunday. Weight is stuck at 201, but I definitely know why. My fault completely, but it's time to move on from that!

Well, I need to get ready for church. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Pearlrose
07-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Good morning,

Yesterday went really well except for me being offplan :( sigh! But I am back on track today and just finished a great 45 minute workout.
Got DH and 2 DD off to Texas this morning, they are going to visit DMIL. DS and I have to stay behind because we are working (and just got back two weeks ago from LA, don't think my boss would have liked me leaving so soon again). But we plan on having some bonding and quiet time and maybe I can get fit in some organizing the house while they are gone.

Have a nice and quiet Sunday!

Schmoodle
07-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Good afternoon chickies! I spent the morning doing cooking and food prep. Now I've gotta finish mowing a little piece of the lawn, then I think we'll head for the pool until dinner.

Enjoy your quiet time, pearlrose!
Kim, DD had me pull out the sewing machine last week so she could make a doll dress, and while it was out, I decided to go through my fabric and get started on some Christmas stuff too. I think I'm going to do aprons for all the ladies in the family this year. Your plan looks pretty ambitious!
Barb, Happy Birthday to Brian and hope you guys have a wonderful party!
weezle, I will join you in the whining tonight, Sunday nights are so depressing. Enjoy the pool today.
cottage, have a lovely day at the Cape.
Ruth, bless you.
Cat, whatever it takes to get motivated, right?
Congrats on a very successful Ph1 indigal!
zeff, hope you can have a relaxing day today.

Okay off to mow in the blazing heat, then I can have a yummy leftover fish taco.

CyndiM
07-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Is it bed time yet?! Today I did laundry; picked blueberries (and sampled them as required - quality control and all); froze them; cooked the rest of the rhubarb; made Asian tofu salad; cooked dried black beans and made a salad and hummus; cooked dried garbanzos and still have to make a salad and crunchies; cleaned dishes from all those projects; mowed the back lawn, weeded the flower garden; trimmed the trees that smacked me in the face while mowing; and still had to find energy to drag myself out for a walk! How does all that not equal exercise?! In 5 minutes I get to make dinner. Sleep will not be a problem tonight.

How was everyone's day? I hope someone was relaxing!

Cat - Good thing you are a long way away. I'm always tempted by puppies.

Nessa - sorry to hear about the ankle frustration :hug:

Indigal - enjoy that oatmeal :)

Ruth - Don't know if I could resist those either :)

Kim - :wave: You've got this down - just get back on the horse :) I've noticed you are incredibly disciplined about that when you go off plan. :carrot:

Pearl - Enjoy your quiet time

Schmoodle - hope you survived mowing! I've gone through gallons of seltzer this weekend just trying to get yard work done.

:wave: to everyone I missed!

Now to make dinner. Tonight I'll do a little more camping food prep and squeeze some PT exercises and weights in before falling down. Have a good evening everyone!

greeneyes490
07-13-2008, 08:32 PM
aaarrrggg...... I can't beleive it but I gained 1 1/2 lbs this week..... I haven't gone off plan at all so i am really disappointed :(......not sure what i could have done differently..... I will write it off as just one of those weeks and hope to see something next week......have others gained this early in the plan (3rd week)????

Schmoodle
07-13-2008, 09:25 PM
greeneyes, don't freak out, you probably haven't actually gained, you are just retaining or something. Have you eaten anything salty? Is TOM imminent?
Refresh my memory, did you just start on Ph2? What have you added back? I know the first time I went to Ph2, my loss stopped for a couple of weeks, and it was very frustrating, but it picked up again and became very steady for quite a while. I actually started counting calories for a while to see if I was eating too much.

zeffryn
07-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Did absolutely nothing today. What a great day! DH and his friends were up playing video games until 3 a.m. so I didn't sleep well at all. I made DH get up with the baby this morning to get back at him. ;) DH went for bagels and made me a cup of tea to say sorry....food is a good way to get back in good with me lately....and DH knows it. ;)

Spent the rest of the day reading, playing with DS and napping.

Dinner is almost ready to go....just need to toss the noodles with the peanut dressing and cut up the grilled chicken.