Old 07-12-2008, 02:14 AM   #1  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

Default Let's talk portion sizes

Okay guys, I need alittle help.

When doing induction program should I worry about portions aside from keep net carbs under 20?

I'm fixing to move at the end ofthemonth and allmy old dusty low carb books are packed away!
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

As many people have come to realize, after a few days to a week of eating low carb, your appetite will be less and instead of worrying about portion sizes being too big - you'll have to remember to eat!

I'm not sure what Atkins says about portion sizes at first (might need Kim's input on that), but my low carb handbook (which is similar to Atkins) says if you are hungry, EAT! Just eat within the food type guidelines.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:08 AM   #3  

I agree when your hungry eat.....but remember that a few bites of high protein food will calm you and carry you forward comfortably. Don't eat and eat and eat. And I agree that you will very soon find that your appetite will be far less and you'll be comfortable with less food.

I always suggest that you don't watch tv or read while your eating so that you can pay attention to what that little voice is telling you. It's amazing how soon it will whisper "stop eating now" and you'll find yourself content with a much smaller amount of food. I'm still often surprised with that little voice giving me a nudge before my plate is clean. I always stop immediately and move on and I'm never hungry after the fact. Amazing to me!!
Timlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Height: 5'3"

I had a massive declutter a while back and I think my Atkins book must have been a victim of it so portion sizes is something I'm not sure about either. I've been doing like snapless and Timlin say, just eating when I'm hungry. I did suspect that I was eating a huge amount; for the first few days I turned into a bit of a meat fiend, I think even my pets were starting to get scared.

Anyway, I seem to have been steadily losing weight so far. I guess once induction is over I'll fine tune things a little more regarding portion sizes.
mimzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleBody View Post
When doing induction program should I worry about portions aside from keep net carbs under 20?
While I don't normally recommend the Atkins website...1 thing it seems they haven't messed with is the acceptable foods list
http://67.210.103.30/atkins/acceptable-foods-phase1.php

The main focus on Atkins Induction is breaking the sugar addiction & making sure 12-15 of your 20 daily carbs are coming from veggies & salads on the acceptable foods list.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:35 AM   #6  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

Thanks guys. I'm on i guess day 3 and it's gonig well. I think I've been eating too much cheese though. I've lost 2 lbs according to the scale but that could be anything..i shouldnt be weighing every day cause i do know it moves around.
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote