LA Weight Loss - ? for alli users

View Full Version : ? for alli users

andreaphilip3
07-10-2008, 06:30 PM
has anyone taken immodium with it?

QuilterInVA
07-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Doubt it would do any good. It's not that kind of diahrea.

aphil
07-11-2008, 03:59 PM
It would make no sense for you to take something that makes you pass waste more often (alli) and then take something on top of that, so that you WON'T go. (Immodium)

It would be like wearing SPF50 Sunblock in a tanning bed. ;)

If you were going to take Immodium to try and stop the effects of the alli, then the best way (and easiest on your body) would be to not take the alli at all.

meowee
07-11-2008, 04:23 PM
I thought the whole idea behind Alli was to minimize your fat intake so that the "spillage" doesn't happen in the first place. If you are experiencing the problem, the cure is to reduce the fat in your diet. :shrug:

nelie
07-11-2008, 05:31 PM
I would agree that the entire purpose of alli is for you to take it to avoid the 'treatment effects' since it absorbs very little calories. If you ended up taking alli and eating a higher calorie/fat diet and then took something to stop the leakage, then there is no point in taking alli. You could easily gain weight. You could also gain weight on alli if you ate a lot of high calorie/low fat items.

andreaphilip3
07-11-2008, 08:05 PM
thanks everyone,

i have decided not to try alli afterall. I think i will go with a psyllium/vitamin c combo.