Old 07-10-2008, 10:44 AM   #1  
Sunshine

S/C/G: 162/156.0/127

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation Rehearsal Dinner + Wedding = HELP!!!

I'm going to a rehearsal dinner tonight at a brewpub-like restaurant. Plus tomorrow is the wedding and both nights will have me tempted with lots of delicious foods and alcohol! How do I cope with all the temptations?! What are my options for food and drinks that won't make me feel left out yet not horrible afterwards? Has anyone been through this obsticle? Please help me!
BLKB10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/120/120

Height: 5 foot 3 inch

You can either tell them you are on a diet so that it will force you to stay on your plan, or you can indulge a little bit at both occasions and try to make up for it with exercise and reduced calories next week. As far as drinks, you can do diet soda with rum or just a lemon.
With dinner both nights, eat slowly and focus on talking with others. If anything comes with a rich sauce over it, try to scrape it off before eating.
One final note, if you feel like a little indulgence could set off a cycle of binge eating (something that would happen to me), you should just try to eat healthy and think of how great you will feel when you reach your goal.
Just the fact that you are trying to plan for these events shows that you don't want to blow your diet.
Good luck!
thunderbegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:14 PM   #3  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

BLKB10, you could eat something core before you go to the rehearsal dinner, that way you won't be very hungry and you could order something very small, so you don't look out of place not eating. As for the alcohol, I usually drink rum and diet coke with lime, so I'm not getting a ton of calories from mixers. Anything with diet soda would be fine, you just have to count 2 points for every shot you drink.
For the reception, you will probably be busy with the actual wedding beforehand, and you don't have a lot of choice in what you eat if they are having lots of fattening food. Don't know if that is the case, but just eat slowly, talk more and you will be fine. Maybe they will have a more healthy meal than you realize and things will be good at the wedding. Again, drink diet soda with your alcohol. If you still have quite a few points left, you should be just fine.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #4  
Sunshine

Eating slow, talking more and trying to eat something before hand are great tips I will follow. I will also try the diet soda with rum & lime! Sounds like a less "bloated" drink than what I use to have at weddings - beer.

Thanks for the advice!
Old 07-10-2008, 03:41 PM   #5  
~Getting My Groove Back!

S/C/G: 297/276/260

Height: 5'6

I don't drink... but I used to fool people at parties by ordering just a diet gingerale or a tomato juice.
Can you maybe eat something before you head out to the dinner? I am sure they will have a healthy option on the menu. People are becoming more health conscious everywhere... I am sure the kitchen won't be offended if you ask for your plate to be modified a bit.
Best of luck! Let us know how you did!
noussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #6  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

BLKB10, if you have light beer, most are only 2 points. So, it's your choice. Sometimes, if you get heavy pourers, you might get more than one shot in your drink(that's they way I make mine) so it would be more than 2 points per drink. A light beer you pretty much know it's only going to be 2 points. Regular beer is generally 3 points.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:57 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 10"

Another tip -- between mixed drinks, have a big glass of water. It will fill up you tummy and help with any bloat the next morning.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #8  
Sunshine

I actually was able to control myself and choose the "core program" foods and not drink too much in points. I was DD so it helped a lot with keeping me from splurging on unwanted calories. Thanks everyone for your support!