Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #1  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Scrubs (not the TV show, the uniforms)

I am having the worst time finding nice fitting scrub pants. I've tried all the styles and brands I can get my hands on locally. If they fit in the hips, they are too tight in the thighs. If they are just right in the thighs, there is way too much extra fabric in the front abdomen/crotch area. If they fit well, the style is discontinued and the only pair I can find is lime green (and nothing I own matches lime green). Does anyone have any suggestions of brands/styles I could try ordering online that might solve my issue?
ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:24 PM   #2  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

I use Jasco Uniforms and wear Cherokee Brand scrubs - I prefer the low rise flare leg pants and almost any tops...I started out in a size XL at 227lbs and 5'7"....now am down to a size small at 159lbs....they have been my favorite quality/fit of scrubs forever. I also know that some of my co-workers use www.allheart.com to purchase their scrubs.
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Most of my co-workers wear the Cherokee low rise flares too because we have to wear a certain color that they carry. It doesn't matter if they're heavier or extremely tiny - they gap in the butt terribly and drag on the floor on a lot of them. I personally don't wear that style as I'm older. I wear the cargo type pants with elastic waist or the regular scrub pants with a higher waist than the low-rise and a thicker corded tie at the waist. I think it's just that style (low-rise flare) that doesn't really fit a lot of people very well.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:45 PM   #4  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

I've tried the Cherokee low rise flare, and I have the tight thigh-loose butt/belly area with those too. It's odd, because when I buy jeans, I go for that low-rise flare cut and I'm usually good. I guess tight thighs in jeans are a bit more forgiving as the denim is thicker!

My pants right now are so ill-fitting I'm so frustrated. I have them rolled in the front because of all the extra fabric and I'm having to pull them up all day long. I suppose in the end that it's a good problem to have, LOL.

I found another scrub shop in the phone book and they carry some Landau pants, I'm trying them this weekend and keeping my fingers crossed.
ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:49 AM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

I also do the cherokee low rise flare ...They run big. I'm a size 16/14---and wear a size medium in the scrubs. The key is making sure the inseam is right---if you need the petites, averages or talls. I'm pretty short (5'4-5'5), the petites are the PERFECT length... but they fall down, and look and feel really odd...I got the Medium averages and they fit like a glove---but not one of those gloves you have to fight with to get pulled on.
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I think MOBB makes a cargo scrub pant that's elastic waist and a wider straighter leg. The cherokee lowrise flares are snug on my thighs too. Ebay has an amazing array of scrubs for sale. Maybe even those ones that are discontinued.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:54 PM   #7  
paulaS

S/C/G: 285/tickler/150

Height: 5 8

I order my uniforms from Marcus.com, a set for plus size costs 11.99 . (pants and tops, and they fit pretty good
pkend4593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/214/140

Height: 5'7"

I love Landau scrubs. They are the only brand that I have found that fit me right. I wear the unisex scrub pant with a drawstring waist. I wore them before, during, and after both of my pregnancies. One thing I really like about these pants are that they are long. I definately need the length. They are not tapered in anyway, so there is no worrying about them being tight in different places on the leg.
xraygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:20 PM   #9  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I get most of my scrubs through Lydia's Uniforms and LOVE their Mid-Rise Flare Pant. They are roomy enough in the thigh and fit nice in the back. As usual there's a little too much fabric in the tummy for me, but I can tuck it in under the drawstring and it works fine. I wear an XL now.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote