30-Somethings - Hi, I am a newbie to the group...

View Full Version : Hi, I am a newbie to the group...

Mushy1975
07-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Hi, My name is michelle, I am a sahm of 2 great kids, Tiffany 4 and Adam 2 years of age. I am married to a great guy named John, we've been married for 6 years and together for almost 11 years. We live in minnesota. oh and I am 33 years old.
I have to lose around 100lbs, My biggest challenge is that I really enjoy baking cookies and trying new recipes, but when you make something you can't just make it you have to try it to. I am looking to lose this 100lbs by following weight watchers 123 success, exerciseing atleast 20-30 minutes atleast 5 days per week on the treadmill and drinking atleast 6 cups of water.
I am looking to make some new friends here, find the support that I need and to give support wherever I can.

thanks for reading!
Michelle

LBH
07-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi Michelle! :welcome2: Sounds like you're off to a good start! The hard part will be cutting down on the recipes, or having self-control! :lol:

SunshineCA
07-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Hi there and welcome! :D

Mushy1975
07-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! Michelle

SunshineCA
07-11-2008, 01:21 PM
You're welcome! :)

KAR73
07-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi Michelle,
Welcome to the 30-somethings group! You will find that the 30 somethings group is a great group of people. We all post in the daily chat thread. So please feel free to join us. The ladies are a great group of ladies for support, encouragement and advice. I am glad that you have joined us. Sounds like you have a great plan on how you are going to lose your weight. Hope to see you in the daily chat thread soon! Once again welcome to our group!
Take care,
Kerry

poppyseeds
07-12-2008, 09:18 AM
:welcome3:

Good luck to you!!!

PearFreak
07-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Hello and welcome fellow SAHM to two kiddies. Same here. Looking forward to getting to know you and cheer you on!!!

hollymommy
07-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Hi! I am new to 3FC and like what I see so far! I am 33, married, have 4 kids (all boys) and I work full time and go to college. No pressure there!! I need to lose about 60 lbs to reach my goal. I recently lost 20, but gained it back...:(
I am trying to watch my portions, incorporate lots of veggies and fruit, drink lots of water, and try to stay within a good calorie range - I am not counting calories, just keeping an eye on what I'm eating. I've counted calories enough to know that I am currently on track. I am anemic and my B12 is low, but I am taking supplements, so hopefully I will get some energy back soon. When that happens, I will probably work harder at counting. I really like the Biggest Loser diet. I did well on it before.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell!

hollymommy
07-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Sorry...I just realized I posted as a reply and forgot to start a new thread! Sorry, Michelle...welcome and good luck to you!!