Weight Loss Support - I Will Not Eat This!

View Full Version : I Will Not Eat This!

FreeSpirit
07-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Anytime you want to eat something bad, or off plan, post here. Post what you want to eat and then convince yourself not to eat it!

I'll go first.

Right now I'm really craving the zucchini bread that's staring at me from the counter.

But I will not eat it! Because I know that as soon as I do, I will feel so bad, and the mental anguish is not worth it.

I want my weigh in to go good tomorrow!

I want my stupid love handles go away and that zucchini bread WILL NOT TAKE AWAY MY LOVE HANDLES.

Your turn!!

KellyLou
07-08-2008, 02:56 PM
I really want a Chick-Fil-A sandwich and fries...my co-worker just brought some in...but instead I will eat this fruit

Horo
07-08-2008, 03:03 PM
I really want the yummy, big, soft, frosted sugar cookie that's downstairs and sitting on my counter, but instead I'll eat my bowl of Kashi GoLean Crunch with skim milk and a tablespoon of strawberry preserves mixed in. ^^

marbleflys
07-08-2008, 03:15 PM
(i'd be afraid to have those items in my house)....

I want a McDonald's Angus mushroom swiss burger (or a big Mac) and a small fries....but I know I will feel like crap if I eat that....I printed out the nutrition facts on that stuff, i don't need 40 grams of fat added to what I have on my body already!

so I had my chicken soup and a sugar-free Kozyshack rice pudding with a little extra splenda and some beayootiful fresh raspberries.

midwife
07-08-2008, 03:33 PM
We have a drug rep sponsored lunch in the break room.....Indian tacos apparently, fry bread topped with beef, beans, cheese, sour cream and chile.

I was momentarily tempted, but:
1) I will feel gross after---I can't do deep fried stuff so well anymore
2) I object to receiving things from drug companies
3) I ran 4 miles today and I am not going to undo that
4) I am expecting to see a new low on the scale this week.
5) I have a yummy turkey sandwich with Laughing Cow cheese on whole grain bread and a nectarine for lunch. Super yummy and good for my body!!

An unplanned Indian taco is not conducive to my health or my long term goals.

Yea for all of us!!! :carrot:

Ija
07-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I really want to dig into the cheese cubes sitting in the office, but instead I'll have my black bean, bell pepper, and onion salad.

starchild
07-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Thank goodness, I don't have anything in the house to tempt me right now, but yesterday I CRAVED for a juicy grilled steak and a baked potato slothered in butter and sour cream.

Instead I had for dinner baked chicken, cucumber and tomatoe slices, and green beans. I was full, satisfied, and VERY HAPPY.

Pat

sm177
07-08-2008, 05:22 PM
i wanted some biscotti i have in the house, instead i had low sugar oatmeal

Ruthxxx
07-08-2008, 05:32 PM
I am craving a burger and fries from the chip stand at the corner but I will NOT cave! I'm going to have a glass of skim milk instead and get dressed to go do pet therapy. Taco bake and a nice salad will be waiting for me when I get home - and the chip stand will be closed!

KellyLou
07-08-2008, 05:40 PM
I have heard about this taco bake in several different threads...can someone tell me what it is and give me a recipe? It sounds good :)

graciegoose13
07-08-2008, 07:25 PM
at the grocery store today the oreos and other cookies filled with chocolatey goodness were calling my name. i didn't buy them though. instead i splurged on cherries, snow peas and a new kind of laughing cow light cheese that i haven't tried before!

CherryBlossom
07-08-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm tempted to order some Baked Spaghetti from Gino's because I love it sooooo much (the love for Italian food is in my blood) and I have a bit of a crush on the guy who works the pick up window there. :o

But I won't eat it because I'M NOT HUNGRY. I've had 2225 calories today which is more than enough, but if I eat that I'll actually have consumed more calories than I've burned today. That means more fat for me. :(

So no thanks.

WebRover
07-08-2008, 09:00 PM
I have heard about this taco bake in several different threads...can someone tell me what it is and give me a recipe? It sounds good :)

You can find it here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38592&highlight=taco+bake

murphmitch
07-08-2008, 09:10 PM
I was so stressed today after being in a car accident this afternoon! :fr: Thank goodness I had leftover turkey & bean stuffed bell peppers in the fridge. That could have been a disaster. No sense in making the day get even worse.

THE Heather
07-08-2008, 09:16 PM
I really want a Chick-Fil-A sandwich and fries...my co-worker just brought some in...but instead I will eat this fruit

I had a moment today where I really wanted it too! But I had a grilled chicken breast at home today instead :)

ars
07-08-2008, 10:48 PM
I drove by one of my previous bad food haunts today...a Chinese buffet. And you know what? I didn't want any! The thought made me go "bleh, yuck, gross." It was 7:30, I was stomach-rumbling-hungry since I hadn't had dinner, and all I could think of was how yummy my steamed broccoli and boca burger wrap would be at home. I'm proud of me today!

Mango683
07-09-2008, 12:24 AM
Today I wanted a. Anything that wasn't nailed down (It's riiight before TOM) b. anything quick and convenient that I didn't have to cook (I forgot to thaw chicken breasts, and when I got home, we were in the middle of a wicked thunderstorm) BUT, despite all of this, I stuck to my normal eating habits and grilled a partially frozen fresh chicken breast in the rain and made a salad with some fresh cut oven roasted sweet potato pieces. Go me for not giving into the old habits. Now that's a NSV in itself...If only my TOM symptoms would go away.......

MelodyLeigh
07-09-2008, 12:35 AM
I was so stressed today after being in a car accident this afternoon! :fr: Thank goodness I had leftover turkey & bean stuffed bell peppers in the fridge. That could have been a disaster. No sense in making the day get even worse.

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that..

But, you're right. It wouldn't do any good to ruin your plan and make the day that much more stressful. Great job, you made a good choice. :hug:

- - -

As for me.. I really wanted macaroni and cheese tonight for dinner. But, I let my sister and brother eat it, and I ate a pork chop and healthier chicken pasta. :D

jellydisney
07-09-2008, 07:30 AM
I don't know if this counts, but last night I had a dream that I was at a pretzel stand. You know, the big soft pretzels with cheese sauce. My dream self decided that that would be bad for my diet, so I didn't have one. ;)

It's pretty scary when you start dreaming about weight loss....

chickybird
07-09-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm craving pizza like crazy right now...But I'm not gonna do it!

marbleflys
07-09-2008, 04:23 PM
When my brother was undergoing radiation/chemo. he would constantly dream about food...(pancakes at I-hop).

i'm sooo angry/irritated right now i took $$ and thought i would walk to the cafeteria and get....younameit-pizza/french-fries or a burger....but i threw the $$ back on my desk and ate my cucumbers and a wedge of Laughing Cow.

i'll save my calories for a nice big glass of wine later!

Zima
07-09-2008, 05:05 PM
I really want two double cheese burgers, large fries, and a large strawberry milkshake from McDonalds. But I know if I eat it, I will make myself throw it up, and that cycle is SO not worth it!

bfvgirlplayer
07-09-2008, 05:41 PM
I crave everything you all just mentioned. But I REALLY want the apple pie in the kitchen. But I wont, I will think about the trip to the beach Friday. (thats enough to scare anyone straight :eek:)

denialisnthappiness
07-09-2008, 06:13 PM
A Mars Bar!

I wont though because:
I'm only 14 days post op so not authorised to exercise (never thought I'd say it's killing me to not be able to run? I dread the loss of fitness though :( )
It's 22.13hrs; too late! I'm not hungry! I don't need all that refined sugar!
I will feel guilty :|

So instead I'm going to surf the net until I'm tired enough for sleep :)

sm177
07-09-2008, 09:30 PM
I want the pie in the fridge, but instead I'll have a cup of tea.

JayEll
07-09-2008, 10:33 PM
I want to eat the cashews and chocolate chips in the kitchen. But I am not going to. I'm brushing my teeth and going to bed!

Jay

EZMONEY
07-09-2008, 10:40 PM
You gals are making me hungry!

Angie made roasted vegetables...BBQ chicken....rosemary bread and sweet potatoes for dinner....I ate that instead of more leftover pizza in the fridge...so much better tasting and better for me!

Rain Dancer
07-09-2008, 11:02 PM
My son left a Snickers Almond bar in my refrigerator. It has been whispering to me, all day. As soon as he is home from work, he will get that thing out of my fridge.

You may ask why I don't move it out, myself. To touch it would be to put myself in a dangerous place. As long as I keep my grubby little paws off it, I am okay.

For now.

I had three pretzel rods a little while ago. Satisfied my snack urge for a lot fewer calories. :D

piperboo
07-10-2008, 02:11 PM
My boss just came up to me with a movie box of Mike & Ikes, Whoppers or Junior Mints....I politely took the Mike & Ikes and then when she left I went back and put them in a tupperware sealed up food storage container in the break room. I looked at them and almost caved...but I didn't.

We also had a networking event at our office this morning and the catering lady had HOT blueberry muffins doused with that melt in your mouth icing. I stayed far, far away...that was really hard.

hotmomma
07-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Swedish Fish.
They're my favorite candy. I can resist almost all candy but I find I better not get near Swedish Fish.
I wish there were a diet Swedish Fish.

McKenziesmomma
07-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Ummmmm....I want a nice moiste chocolate cake with cream filling and chocolate icing! Kind of like a ding dong! That would be YUMMY!!!

Oh wait....I can have that...I have some 100 calorie packs that are chocolate cream filled cupcakes with chocolate icing....they really satisfy my sweet tooth....

I don't guess there is anything that I crave that I can't find some way to have a lower calorie version of it?? :D

And if I can't then I have it on my one splurge meal that week

Rain Dancer
07-11-2008, 03:00 AM
That danged bag of potato chips sitting on top of the fridge. It is sitting there, mocking me. I can hear it whisper as I pass by, "Go ahead. Nobody will know. It will be our little secret." Evil chips.

Evil husband who brought the things home.

He knows better.

Perhaps I should kill him...

Naw.

If I did I would just get depressed.

And then I would eat the chips.

denialisnthappiness
07-11-2008, 03:31 PM
That danged bag of potato chips sitting on top of the fridge. It is sitting there, mocking me. I can hear it whisper as I pass by, "Go ahead. Nobody will know. It will be our little secret." Evil chips.

Evil husband who brought the things home.

He knows better.

Perhaps I should kill him...

Naw.

If I did I would just get depressed.

And then I would eat the chips.

PMSL!!! Oh that made me laugh :D

marbleflys
07-11-2008, 03:45 PM
killing your husband can be messy.....(remember the woman who was convicted of putting hers in matching luggage and tossing in some river)? better to toss out the potato chips or bring them to work (people eat anything at work, then I feel like i'm not *wasting* food).

but I can relate...my BF comes into the house with 3 boxes of goodhumor almond crunch bars, an apple strudel and cinnamon mini scones.

I'm feeling quite smug that in 4 days all i've had is 1 mini scone with my black coffee...no butter.

preetyladyserenity
07-11-2008, 04:04 PM
On the other hand, you can order this amazing microwave special chip maker made in Japan. It apparently cooks crispy chips without oil.

http://www.jlist.com/BENTO/BENTO_5.html

PS: I did not intend to spam. I was searching to buy bento boxes and this popped as well. ^.^

Horo
07-11-2008, 06:18 PM
On the other hand, you can order this amazing microwave special chip maker made in Japan. It apparently cooks crispy chips without oil.

http://www.jlist.com/BENTO/BENTO_5.html

PS: I did not intend to spam. I was searching to buy bento boxes and this popped as well. ^.^
Ooooooh, I adore the Sakura-cherry blossom- bento! I've been wanting to get a bento box. And they have Hello Kitty ice cube trays! Squee! Now I wish I had money... >.>

Rain Dancer
07-12-2008, 01:29 AM
killing your husband can be messy.....(remember the woman who was convicted of putting hers in matching luggage and tossing in some river)? better to toss out the potato chips or bring them to work (people eat anything at work, then I feel like i'm not *wasting* food).

but I can relate...my BF comes into the house with 3 boxes of goodhumor almond crunch bars, an apple strudel and cinnamon mini scones.

I'm feeling quite smug that in 4 days all i've had is 1 mini scone with my black coffee...no butter.

:lol: So far, he lives. ;) I decided I could stay out of the chips and let him continue to breathe.

I didn't hear about that woman. Hey, at least she had the good taste to make sure all the bags matched... :lol:

You should feel smug. All that yummy goodness and you just had one mini scone. :cheer2:

srmb60
07-12-2008, 01:36 AM
The kids left pizza in the kitchen. It's now 12:30 and I'm all alone, nobody would know ...but ... that'd put me over 1700 cals and that's my max! No more pizza!