Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #50

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #50

Mom2Gaby
07-08-2008, 01:38 PM
:wave: HI &:welcome3: to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

Home of the BIG A$$ Walking Challenge!

Come join us as we walk away the pounds this summer.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii305/goddessreader/Holding_Hands.jpg

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us! :cofdate:

Mom2Gaby
07-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Francie - aren't they sweet?? I hope she treats him right. She better,,,,lol

here was another one but you can't see him that well.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u83/donnarj1971/51.jpg

anyway - I really better get now! Chat later.

Shopaholic1204
07-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Awwww..I really do hope they get married. They're so cute together. And the ring he picked out was so beautiful!! The one Jason picked out was kinda ugly, lol.

tommysgirl18
07-08-2008, 03:47 PM
well, day one is going well. it would be a lot better if I was irritated with the way the boys have been behaving! but alas, I have been awake since about 8am, so I am hoping that this is my new leaf that I am turning over!

and later on tonight, I am going to have Tommy and myself included step on the scale and take measurements. and that way, we can compare them from time to time.

Asia~ That really sucks about both your truck and your bike. But at least you were able to get your truck fixed! I have one of the walk away the pounds, but I haven't done it in a while. I was hoping to do it this morning, but for some reason Brandon just had to wake up and come into our room.

Katy~ Like I mentioned, so far so good. now, I just don't know what to do for dinner because I didn't get a chance to look for any recipes. So, it just might be some of the boxed phase 1 meals for me and Tommy and the kids can have a Kid Cuisine. then we can sit down and look for recipes after the kids go to bed! Tommy heard that when you stop doing SB, you gain all the weight back. But from what I read, it really isn't a diet per say, just a change of lifestyle, and when you go off of the healthy lifestyle is when you put it all back on.

FrouFrou
07-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Hello All...

You ladies and your Bachlorette...although, I must say that picture (Susan) makes me want to go horseback riding.

MINDEE...wtg on your first day of SB! :carrot: Wishing you and Tommy all the best with it. I think it's great that you guys are doing it together.

FRANCIE...I just thought the name Sunday was odd for some reason. I am sure there is meaning to it. Funny how some of the others seem acceptable to me, lol...like Tuesday...just has a ring to it, lol. Hey, send away! I love the book avatars and unless I find a different one I think this will be the 'one' for a while. WTG on the 12 inches, woohoo!

SUSAN...what? Tell me it ain't so, lol. I can't believe you have never been to Red Lobster...you who loves fish. I had the fried shrimp but kept picking off V's plate...his scallops tasted really good! When I saw Sunday I though, ugh...but then started thinking of other people with days of the week names and my first thought was of Tuesday Weld...I always loved that name for some reason. Anywho...maybe that's just what you need missy to lift you up. I know no matter what is going on in my life, a good work out always lifts me up. That sweet of you and McD to get the girls together.

SUE...glad you are enjoying the new ride! It looks like a fun ride. And what time is dinner, I will be there? Lol Ham and brownies sound good!

ASIA...sorry about your bike and truck. :hug: Glad the truck is fixed now. And WTG on the 4 miles WATP! I too have the dvd and love it! It is definitely quite the workout. Good luck with your WI tomorrow.

KATY...no apology or thank you needed. I know how busy you have been and are with the family. I am surprised you have time to sleep! I enjoy sending cards and try to remember everyone...lately I've been slacking in the card dept though. Hoping DD enjoyed her swimming lesson today. And thank you! Some days I don't feel like I've lost anything but then I catch a glimpse of me in a photo and do see a difference. Charlotte took lots of photos at Chuck E Cheese and there's one that caught my eye and I did see a change in my body and then I am in awe because I can't believe the difference. I know I still have a ways to go, but I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

SASSY...hi...bye :wave:

HIYA JULES :wave:

CLARA...are you out there lurking? Miss you and hope to see you posting soon.

Why do I always feel l ike I have forgotten someone?

Nothing much going on...been a quiet day around here. Well, unless you count the storm we had early. Wasn't supposed to get here until this afternoon, late.

Did get to Red Lobster and it was good. Not sure if my taste buds are changing or they changed something but the shrimp seemed a little different. Or maybe I hadn't been there in such a long time I forgot what it tasted like. It was good though...and I am happy to say I did not clean my plate. But those darn cheddar biscuits, omg! They were so good! It's a good thing we don't go there often, lol.

Not sure going to Cambrie's swimming lessons was a good idea or not. She likes to show off and tends to pay more attention to Nana than what she is supposed to be doing, lol. She did good though, and so did Chase. I didn't know he was taking them, guess because I knew he already knew how to swim. It was more like play time for him...it's good though, him getting around other kids so...of course Cambrie knows how to swim as well. Just learning some new things and going over old. Going to go watch Thursday too, her last day. Can't believe I forgot my camera!

Got my exercise in, nothing else to do today. Did some straightening up and a load of laundry. Today my eating is back on track after last night. I don't think I did so bad but who knows...been eating like a pig lately. Or it feels that way anyway.

Have a good day!

FrouFrou
07-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Almost forgot...KATY, if you would like I have the book Confessions of a Shopaholic. Let me know and I'll send it to ya.

jules1216
07-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi all--I was going to do indys, but I can't remember all the posts I missed from the last thread.....

I will restart here....I promise to come back more often!!!!

RosieKate
07-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Almost forgot...KATY, if you would like I have the book Confessions of a Shopaholic. Let me know and I'll send it to ya.

oh yes, please!

Thanks, Cristina!

:hug::hug::hug:

Shopaholic1204
07-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Mindee~Thats awesome that you & Tommy going on the weight loss journey together. You should get him to join 3FC!!

Cristina~I just read (well..skimmed is more like it)..that they got the name Sunday from some author. Fonzo likes the name Friday, lol. I dont think I'd name my child Friday though. I like the name January. But we already have a cat named April, so I dont think we'll be naming our baby after a month, lol.

Jules & Katy~:wave:

Okay..heres the book icons:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/books/thfictionalpeople.pnghttp://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/books/thbooks.gifhttp://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/books/judge2.gifhttp://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/books/Bookfreak.pnghttp://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/books/book.png
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/books/bedsidereading.jpghttp://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/books/4313787.pnghttp://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/books/573762.gifhttp://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/books/59327.jpghttp://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/books/90cfe6ab.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/books/bookstores.gif

Sassy_Chick
07-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Hi Chicks!!!

Well we stopped at the farm up the road from my in-laws Tuesday Morning and got some corn on the cob and DH got a huge seedless watermelon. So DH had corn on the cob ready for me when I woke up and rotisserie chicken. :drool: It was so good!!!!!!!!!!!

UGH the power went off here at work twice before I came into work tonight, (I guess it was storming earlier) well I guess the air conditioning did not come back on and we don't have any "windows" that open up either! So we're all here sweatin' to death! Not my idea of weight loss! lol. Why did I take a shower before I came in again? lol. :beach::sunny::hot::flame:

I hope you all are doing well and are COOL! lol.

tommysgirl18
07-09-2008, 12:29 AM
doing my nightly pop in......

well, we weighed in tonight (probably should have done it this morning but I wasn't going to wake up at 5am just to do it). so, I weighed in at 233.6, and set my goal for now as 200. I will go from there once I hit that goal.

we made it through day one without any hassles.

Tommy went to buy a bag of chips at work, and he said "Look no trans fat" and his friend Jody says "you can't have those. your wife said that you can't have those." he also takes three pops to work with him, and he returned home today with two of them still full!

I asked him what he wanted for dinner, and he said fish. which for him, is a surprise in itself since he normally doesn't like fish unless it is salmon!

Cristina~ Thanks for the dancing carrot! I have a feeling that I will do better at this weight loss since I have Tommy doing it with me.

Francie~ I have thought about getting him on here, but I haven't asked him about it yet.

wildthing
07-09-2008, 12:40 AM
Hello ladies!!! Today was crazy. But in a good way. My truck is working. Yay! I did the WATP dvd again. Then i went back over to Rachaels house and we did taebo. It was so hard. I will weigh my self tomarrow. I accidently have tomarow off but I am taking that as a blessing. I am so ready for a day off. I cant wait to get some really good sleep. My eating was really good. I ate the best salad ever for lunch. It was a good day. moving on-

Mindee- I hope that your measuring went well with you and Tommy. I am addicted to that dvd now. I love it!!! Its good to here about tommy and his sodas. And the fish. I think it is really awesome that you are doing this together.

Cristina- I love the red lobster bisquits!!!! YUM!!!

Sassy- that stinks about the power and the air conditioning. I hate to work when i am hot. Yuck. We have a vegetable market here. They have the best yellow watermelon. They have a farm somewhere around here. They sell every Saturday morning. Ilove Saturday mornings because of that!!

Sassy_Chick
07-09-2008, 01:21 AM
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a post almost done and hit a button and "POOF" it was gone! :tantrum:

Anyways.........air is back on, thankfully! Now we all won't smell! lol.

Cristina -- Mmmmm I love those Cheddar Bay biscuits! Glad the kids had fun swimming! Swimming is also good exercise!

Mindee -- Glad you both are doing so well! Keep up the great work! :)

Wildthing -- WTG on the exercise and enjoy your day off!

Hi Jules, Katy, Suzy Q, Sue, ummmmm did I miss anyone?

:hug:

Mom2Gaby
07-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Good Morning ,

I will have to go back and catch up on reading of the post. I try to get as much done in the mornings without Gaby in tow so I don't have much time right now.

I need to go buy a phone because wonderful daughter likes to throw it. Makes it hard to job search with no outside communication. haha.

Took Beck to see her friend dance yesterday and we were there for 2 1/2 hours.....took my whole day it felt like and I went to bed w/ Gab at 7:30. Been eating a lot of salads and need to work on the water. Just when you are rushing everywhere you don't want to stop and go to the loo.

Mindee - have to say it is so sweet you and Tommy are working on the weight together!!

and Cristina - nope , never been to RL.....is it expensive? McD said he would make me a fish dinner and he really has a hard time w/ fish, otherwise he is an awesome cook. He asked if I would go up to the lake with the girls next week. It has the lake, a pool and a mini gold course among other thigs, so we'll see.

k- started to ramble and I HAVE to get busy!!

bbl

jules1216
07-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi all!!! Real quickie before I get back to work.....

tommysgirl18
07-09-2008, 03:09 PM
just doing my daily pop in!

I stepped on the scale this morning, just for grins and giggles. I weighed in at 231.2! So, that is a 2.4 pound loss since I started yesterday! I managed to go yesterday without any pop, and so far so good today! I have been drinking iced tea, which they said that you could drink.

and hopefully after dinner tonight, we will be going to the pool!!!

we ended up not taking our measurements last night. maybe I can get him to do it tonight! I can already feel my clothes being looser. from what I have read, they said that anything from 8 to 13 pounds gone in the first two weeks.....so we shall see where this all goes!!!

Asia~ Great to hear about the workouts!!! I seriously need to get back into doing mine. the past two nights, I have had my oldest in bed with me and Tommy. so, that hasn't helped with the getting up early like I have planned. so, here is to hopefully a good night of swimming and sleep for every body tonight!!!

Sassy~ They should of at least given you a warning before you went into work. something like "don't bother showering, we will all stink by the end of the shift anyways."

SuzieQ~ I know what you mean about doing stuff without the kids in tow! I try to go to the mail box without them in tow......but to do that, I tend to have to wait until Tommy gets home.

FrouFrou
07-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Hiya :wave:

KATY...sorry I didn't get back on, wasn't even thinking. I will get the book in the mail first thing in the morning for ya. And you are welcome!

SUSAN...for a while it seemed like Josh went thru a lot of phones, ugh, him and Jason (DS#1)...Jason let one fly out his car window and didn't even bother to go look for it...kids! They are doing much better now, lol. Sorry DD threw yours, those suckers are expensive. That would be a great weekend get-away. I don't think RL is expensive, of course it depends on what you get.

MINDEE...yay for making it thru day 1, kuddos to you guys. :bravo: And WTG to Tommy on the sodas and chips!

FRANCIE...speaking of names...there was a girl that did classes at the scrapbook store whose name is America. When she introduced herself she said "My name is America, yes, I said America. What can I say, my parents named me" lol. I guess I'm just weird, lol. January is cute! I always liked April too, and Summer & Autumn...thought those were pretty. Anywho...thanks for the graphics, I love them and think I got them all!

HIYA JULES, BYE YA JULES :D Check in when you can missy. I know it's hard with work and that grandbaby of yours.

SASSY...the chicken and corn on the cobb sounds so good! My Aunt has one of those things to do the chicken that way and she says it is the best stuff ever! She will cook two whole chickens at a time even though it's just her and my uncle. She likes cooking BIG meals and then eating off them for days.

ASIA...yeah, thos biscuits are soooo good! My downfall when going there. I've not tried the TaeBo but I bet it is quite the workout. Is it like the turbojam? For some reason I am thinking it is. Good job on your workouts yesterday! :carrot:

Today:

I was being lazy and didn't want to get up...wasn't sure if it was raining or not to go walk. Then decided I would just do half the walk but once I started walking I did it all. It was only 67 degrees but with the humidity it felt hotter, anyway...

3 mile walk around the subdivision, 2 mile (WATP) Slim & Thin & Mowed the front yard= 1 mile

Eating...so far, so good. I have a snack planned while I watch Jeopardy and dinner is chicken fajita's.

Decided to go and buy groceries this morning for some reason. I went later than I normally do and was surprised that is wasn't crowded at all-normally is at 10'ish so that was nice. Now just getting some laundry done.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

FrouFrou
07-09-2008, 03:16 PM
WTG MINDEE! :yay: :bravo: :carrot: Keep up the good work!

tommysgirl18
07-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks Cristina! I mentioned to Tommy that I was down 2.4 pounds this morning when I stepped on the scale. His response was "that is great! I bet I am down a pound."

suetalks
07-09-2008, 03:28 PM
:wave: Quick "drive-by" post here. Had a good meal last night and nice visit with the family. Just missed a couple "grands" and DS being here.

Mom and I are just relaxing here today. DH went off for the day. I am going to color my hair later...and nothing else planned. I did laundry, that's it.

Love,love,love driving the new car. It is fun....

Way to go everyone on being OP and getting exercise. I have done neither the last couple days, but I am determined to get back on it.

FrouFrou
07-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Hiya SUE :wave: Glad you are enjoying the new car, it looks fun!

MINDEE...curious to see what Tommy lost now.

Thought I would check back and see if anyone had posted before signing off.

Have a GREAT day ladies!

tommysgirl18
07-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Cristina~ Tommy stepped on the scale and lost a pound.

now we are just trying to come up with something to go with the chicken.

Mom2Gaby
07-09-2008, 04:45 PM
*sigh* , no I am not caught up but I HAD to post something....lol

Mindee- Awesome on the weight loss!! :bravo:
I can do the mail box with out Gaby because it is right there..lol...can't get anything done with her it is all about toys or slurpee's.....and now she wants a puppy. :)

Cristina - I want fish!! lol That is what I want, I don't want to spend $20 a plate though, I might $15. I know, I am a cheapie. Oh, I have learned to buy used. I bought that phone for 6.99 at Goodwill,I picked up a double one for 12.99 today. That way she can have her own to throw and leave mine alone.

yikes out of time :wave: to everyone, bbl w/ indi's, I hope.

Had a feta salad today, the kind I use to get when I was working. It was sooo good, and I bought salmon to go on top, 300 calorie total.

k- adios :wave:

tommysgirl18
07-09-2008, 04:48 PM
SuzieQ~ thanks for the bravos! it sure is nice to be close to the 220's....now I just need to get closer to my goal!

Tommy asked me how long he thinks it will take me to get to my goal of 200 pounds. I said that I didn't know, and asked why. He said that there would be a surprise at that mark anyways!

Sassy_Chick
07-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi all.

Wow what a morning this morning! Our building was EVACUATED! :yikes: Seems like the air conditioner that they had to turn back on after our power outage started smoking about 5:30 in the morning! So the fire alarms went off and everybody was evacuated!!! We ended up with 9 fire trucks and 2 life squads!!! :fr:

After an hr and a half, we went back inside. Seems the air conditioner over heated or something?? Anyways there is my drama, hopefully tonight at work will be much calmer! lol.

Well DH has made me supper -- steak, baked potato and corn. :)

Take Care all!

jules1216
07-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Sassy--hubby sure is taking care of you lately....when do the two of you start working the same shift again?? That's something about your evacuation...the closest we came to that excitement was getting to go home almost a whole day with pay because a squirrel committed suicide in the big transformer...hubby got gyped though...he had to stay and wait while the electric company came and fixed it to make sure everything in the plant got up and running ok..they didn't even give the maintenance guys off the next day or anything.

SuzyQ--I had to start over--there was no way I could catch up on everything...if Rach breaks another phone she should have to buy the next one...how did the boyfriend and the best friend thing work out for her??

Sue--glad your mom is doing good...enjoy that new car!!

Mindee--wtg on the weightloss...I hear people have good results with SBD, I eat alot of veggies and hubby's gout acts up if he eats alot of meat, especially red meat so I don't know if it would work for us.

Crisitina--humidity sucks!! I am doing a load of laundry myself. Have been doing a load each night so there is not much to do when the baby is here. Teri will bring there stuff with her when she comes on Thursday. The only thing she does of hers at the laundromat across the street from her apt is her bed stuff.

Asia--sounds like you are doing all the right stuff. I started walking again and stopped by a curves type gym I used to belong to--the owner said she would waive the registration fee since I completed my year there before moving on to Golds Gym which turned out to be a big mistake. Her gym is less than 5 minutes from my house and Golds is at least 15-20. Hubby gave me a hard time about going to Golds and I stopped going. He didn't have a problem with the women's only gym.

Francie--I like the name Sunday too..and I like Rose, Teri was almost Jennifer Rose. I saw where they are posting one pic of the baby for news agencies to use and are asking money to be donated if it is used...

Katy--like the new avatar pic of you--you are just too cute!!

Tammy--I know you posted somewhere back there..how's the wedding prep going??

Well I have to finish getting a couple things together to send to Ry and I think the laudry is ready to get out of the dryer...hope I didn't miss anyone...

have a great night!!

tommysgirl18
07-10-2008, 12:36 AM
well, I just couldn't resist it and stepped on the scale just after getting out of the bath. I am now 230.8!

Sassy~ Drama, drama, drama! are you sure you aren't in a drama group? lol

Jules~ I can't believe how big Dominic is getting!!! thanks for the nice words. we are not big veggie eaters, but this is forcing us to try new things and to go outside our comfort zones so to speak.

wildthing
07-10-2008, 01:40 AM
Sassy- thats crazy to hear about your air conditioning. I bet your steak meal was really good!!

Susan- How old is gabby? I need a new phone too but only because mine is 4 years old. Almost 5. Its so old school. Good job on the 300 cal meal.

Mindee- I hope you really get to work out soon. I just done feel the same if I dont do one now that I am used to it. WTG on your and tommy's weight loss. Keep it up!!!!

Cristina- I have no idea what turbo jam is. Tae bo is like kick boxing sorta. There is alot of kicking and punching and stuff. Its alot of fun. Its by Billy Blanks. He is so encouraging. He really makes you feel good when you make it through. Its realy good to hear about your workout. I think tomarrow I might do the strength workout on watp. We shall see.

Jules- Awesome about the gym!!! When I reach my goals I am gonna get a gym membership. We have a gym here that has tanning and classes. Any kind of class you could want. I told my self when I get to my goal I was gonna take kick boxing. I can do it for 30 dollars a month plus anything else I want to do. I cant wait.

Moving on....

Andrew left for New Mexico for the boy scouts. He will be gone until the 28th which means I probably wont see him until the 29th. That means I have 19 days or so to finish loosing my 20 pounds. I have 6 down. 14 to go. I dont know if I can do it but I am gonna try. I made inspirational papers to post around my house to encourage me. I really want to make this because I really want a new out fit!!!! Maybe if I keep trying. If worse comes to worse I wont make it but I will still be a whole lot more fit than i was. So its a win win right? I was kinda bummed about Andrew leaving but He will be back soon and we can celebrate out one year. I am gonna try so hard. I can do this for 19 more days. If I lost 20 then I would only have 19 to go. That would be so good to be in the teens. Anyways today I did the 4 mile on watp. tomorrow I will do some sort of strength training. My eating has been a little to good. Today I didnt reach my calorie need. So I had to eat extra. I didnt mean for it to happen. tomorrow I will have to really count them out. I realized after supper that I hadnt even broken a thousand calories. I managed to make it to a little over 12 hundred. Which is fine. I just had to eat extra granola bars. I really need to work on my water intake. We shall see.

Sassy_Chick
07-10-2008, 01:57 AM
Well I got some bad news lastnight. Actually 2 things: My grandfather is dying, :cry: and my fil is in kidney failure. :(

So just so ya know I'm not in a good mood (if you can't already tell)........and probably will just stay totally away from the forum for a while, just cuz my state of mind right now. :cry:

I am definitely not going to be very "Sassy" for a while...........:cry:

Anyways, don't want to add to my "Drama" but well, it is my life. I am not making these things up!!! Trust me I WISH I was!!! :cry: Maybe I should write a book? lol.

wildthing
07-10-2008, 02:37 AM
Oh sassy that isnt any good at all. I will def be praying for you and your family!!!!

RosieKate
07-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Sassy :hug::hug::hug: keeping you and your family in my thoughts today...

Asia - we could all do better at water, couldn't we? I make myself drink 16oz every morning first thing and it gets me started on the right foot for the day. I have a Tae Bo tape.. that's a good workout; I dig it out when I am snowed in and can't get out of the house to exercise.

Mindee - you and your hub are off to a great start on SBD! It's nice to see great results right of the bat. I have alot of admiration for you because I can't do those kinds of diets. I would be such a b*tch, lol! I know me and I know my family would not make it through the first phase - gotta have my fruit!

Jules - aww thanks! I just needed a change so I picked an old avi out of a photo file from last year. I just finished knitting my birthday sweater, so I'm hoping to get some pix of me in that and put that up soon.

Cristina - no rush on the book - I'm just so tickled I won't have to wait for it on our library queue - or forget to turn it back in on time :P

Susan- I love fish, too, particularly at Newport Seafood Grill, but we can't afford to drop $100 on dinner very often - haha, try at all! We get there maybe once a year with some gift money. It is so yummy! In the meantime I can get wild salmon from Cash n Carry and it tides me over. Why oh why did you break up with man who made you fish ;)

Sue - the new car is gorgeous! I love driving around in a new car...when we bought the Subaru I kept making excuses to go places 'cause I loved driving it so much. It has been a great car for us, I just spent $53 to fill it up, so I can't complain. Most folks I know are spending nearly $100 and up to fill their tanks.

Francie :wave: Hope you are having a good day...how are your moving plans progressing?

Well, we have been beating the heat, just barely. Yesterday I took the kids to see the free movie at the local cinema ( Fantastic Four and the Rise of the Silver Surfer - not half bad) then we went to the park for the slip n' slide. I got a new knitting assignment and it's a rush job, so I will be a knitting fool for the next week as it has to be done and sent by the 18th. Yikes!

Last night I was invited to attend a focus group to talk about appliances. There are several market research companies in PDX and occasionally we make a little $ by giving our opinions. Well, I showed up for this one and they had some food, so I ate a delicious basil, tomato, and mozza sandwich, then settled in for whatever. After waiting abour 15 minutes, the director said that they had overbooked and that we could go home - with pay! So I sat for 20 minutes, ate some dinner, and was paid $100. What a deal! And they validated parking - yesss

Today I have to catch up on bills and paperwork around here, knit knit knit, and I have my wl group this afternoon. So pretty boring stuff..hope everyone is having a great day!

Mom2Gaby
07-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Good Morning ,

ok, maybe I will never get back to the last few post on the previous thread! lol sorry.

:hug: Sassy - hugs to you and your family :hug:

Asia - Gaby is 6 1/2 and Rachel is 17 in Aug, she is the one with the love of throwing the phone.

Katy - I might sign Gab up after school is out on the 24th for swim lessons. At the moment she is out of her mind tired, this morning it was like she was pmsing...lol, poor thing. How do you do these focus point things?? Yesterday was way to hot, my neck was sweating. *wah *wah lol
Oh, McD doesn't know how to cook fish, he said he would bring out the cookbook "in my honor" and find a fish recipe. I thought that was sweet, almost feel engaged at that promise, who needs a ring. lol

Jules - hey missy...........Rach isn't friends with the girlfriend and is still going out w/ the boyfriend. The only good thing is she is getting together more w/ some other girls, I think that is better for her.

Hi to Francie, Sue, Carla, Cristina and Tammy!! :wave:

I really need to get some groceries in the house and I want to buy some white capri's , they are 1/2 off at this store. I have had no water and I picked at Gaby's breakfast this morning, so I need to get my butt in gear. Working on my resume and have one application to put in and I am done for the week!!

chat more later and I will TRY to catch up on the post :)

Mindee - :bravo: ok, you are having too much fun on your scale!! :D EDITED...I don't know why you are down here!! lol anyway....I came back to ask what made you decide SBD? I don't know much about that one, just was curious.

FrouFrou
07-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Hello ladies...

SASSY...lots of hugs to you and yours.

SUSAN...didn't even know you could buy phones there...learn something every day, or I do. I am going to have to check out the Goodwill for sure, maybe do it tomorrow, don't have anything to do tomorrow. Bet you can find lots of things on sale now, they will probably start with the fall stuff soon. I am going to have to check out some sales when they have them. I don't normally buy smaller clothes but it may be an incentive to get to work and start losing again.

KATY...the book is on the way...she said you should get it Saturday. Where do you find these places, just curious? I need to find things like that except I don't knit, lol. Such the busy momma you are. Love the new avatar! You are looking GREAT!

JULES...funny the squirrel commiting suicide, just sounded funny to me for some reason, lol. I hate laundromats! Remember having to go years ago...such the pain. But at the same time I did get all the laundry done at one time. Did you finish your kitchen...the painting? Can't remember if you did or not.

FRANCIE...what's new with you missy? Are you guys getting excited about moving? It will be here before you know it.

ASIA...WTG on the exercise, you are doing great! The time Andrew is gone will go by fast! And you are right...even if you don't lose the 20 you want to lose, you will be that much closer to it. It sounds like turbo jam is very similar to the taebo.

MINDEE...I thought for sure Tommy would have been down more, men always lose more and faster than women which sux. How are the kids doing?

HIYA SUE & TAMMY...hoping all is well with you and yours.

I am the most boring person every, lol. I love to watch Fit Tv..sad, so sad, lol. I was watching yesterday evening and V said "It's not going to do you much good sitting there watching" he was trying to be funny of course. I watch it to see what others are doing and see what's up. What I am finding is that a lot of the moves in the WATP, the BL and a couple other dvd's I have are used frequently. I need to get some VHS tapes and record some of these people...this guy Gil something, think that is his name...I like a lot of the stuff he does. Then there's a woman...have no clue what here name is anyway...just thought I would share.

Not sure what is up today. Went to the post office this morning and did my exercise. Mowed the backyard and before I finished it started raining. I was determined to finish no matter what! I wasn't going to stop and leave this unfinished square :lol: Am supposed to go see Cambrie swim later this evening, not sure that will happen. Then she was supposed to come home but that changed as well, lol. She has a doc appt tomorrow, just a check up so Charlotte is going to bring her over tomorrow. Anywho...need to go take something out of the freezer for dinner just in case we don't go and get a load of laundry done. I try to do a load every day...doesn't always happen but I try.

Enjoy the colorful post :D And...have a wonderful day! :wave:

tommysgirl18
07-10-2008, 03:22 PM
doing my daily pop in......

I am going to push for us going to the pool tonight. I just need to find something for us to eat for dinner! I have meat in the fridge that I have been meaning to split up but we don't have any storage bags for me to put it into.

I cheated and snuck on the scale.....shame on me! but I am down to 229.8! ok....now I mean it, I am not stepping on it again until Sunday!

Asia~ I got in some crunches and push ups this morning.....so that was nice. and I am hoping that we can all make it over to the pool tonight and I will get some more exercise in there. I have been drinking plenty of ice tea that we have to mix with water. so I get my water intake that way. I drank about 72 ounces yesterday! I felt like I was pregnant again because I kept having to go to the bathroom!

Sassy~ I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather and your FIL. I will keep them and your whole family in my thoughts and prayers during this time.

Katy~ I thought I was going to be a b*tch while on SB, but I surprised myself. Although, I do have to say that Tommy was a little more freaked out on the first day then I was. I was sitting on the couch laughing while he was standing in the kitchen saying "can I eat this?" or "how about this?" boy was he mad when he found out that he can't eat fruit! a girl from his work said that she would bring him in some apples. when he told me about it, I said "too bad you can't eat them!" I said "are you serious?" I said "yup, for the first two weeks, you can't eat fruit." He went to work the next day and told her that, and then said "at least my kids can still eat them." We have fruit in the house for the kids. we still bought them things that they like to eat, but we know that me and Tommy can't eat them during these first two weeks.

we have some muffin mixes and some cookies mixes in our pantry. Tommy asked me one night this week "so, you telling me that I have to wait two weeks to have cookies?" I said "yup." The first night was the worst for him! he was having cravings for cookies, ice cream, you name it, he was craving it!

SuzieQ~ What can I say, I FINALLY love stepping on my scale! I decided to try SBD because on another board I am on, they started a group for people that wanted to do it. So, I said sure what the heck. I did my research on it, and mentioned it to Tommy. He had just the day before that told me that he wanted to lose some weight. So, I threw caution to the wind and asked him to join with me. He said "all I have to do is stop drinking pop and I will lose weight." I said "that sounds like a challenge, how about you do this with me?" and we went from there.

tommysgirl18
07-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Cristina~ You snuck in on me! I thought for sure that he would have lost more. BUT, he is drinking one pop a day, and he is eating bread (which is a carb) on his sandwiches for lunch at work. SO, with that being said, I can understand the only one pound drop because technically you are not suppose to have bread until you hit phase two.

the kids are doing great. Brandon is sitting across from me playing on his Thomas the tank engine laptop. Logan is in their room, supposedly taking a nap but that isn't happening. And Marissa, as far as I can tell, is taking a nap.

FrouFrou
07-10-2008, 03:30 PM
:bravo: MINDEE! Woohoo to 229.8!

tommysgirl18
07-10-2008, 03:32 PM
thanks Cristina! it is so nice to be out of the 230's.....now I need to stay out of the 230's and continue on my adventure downward!

Mom2Gaby
07-10-2008, 07:04 PM
ok, going to attempt to go read postings from the last thread!

:bravo: on getting into the 220's Mindee! That must feel really good, proud of you.

Cristina - you're not boring! I liked all the colors in your post, never knew grey would look that pretty :dizzy: I was going to say Gaby plays around too in her swim lessons, she was always getting scolded for not paying attention. I bet Cambrie enjoys seeing you there to watch her.

k- getting a glass of wine and go read...lol....toodles for now. I hope to be back!

Shopaholic1204
07-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Hey all..I'm not feeling very well. I dunno whats wrong with me. My head, chest, and throat hurt. I had trouble breathing last night, which led me to have a panic attack. Fonzo said my breathing went back to normal after I fell asleep. My shoulders are very very knotted too. I can actually feel the knots and its not making sleeping any easier. I'm just not myself today. It took a lot of energy just to get out of bed right now.

I'm gonna try my best with the indy's right now.

Sassy~I'm very sorry to hear about your grandfather & FIL. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. :hug::hug::hug:

Cristina~The chick that plays Ugly Betty is named America. I actually really love the name.

Jules~I love flower names. The names Fonzo & I have picked our for our daughters are mostly flower names, lol. But they're unique flowers (I used to be in floral design in HS). Although..now we're sorta branching out to the unique names in general. My mom almost named me Angelina. LoL!! But Frances is a family name..so eh, lol.

Mindee~WTG:carrot:

Hey to Katy, Asia & Susan!!! :wave:

Me & Fonzo saw Hancock yesterday. It was sooooooooooooooooo good!!! It was kinda sad though. I cant wait till it comes out on dvd, I really wanna buy it.

Oh ya Katy..one of Fonzo's fave super heros is the Silver Surfer. He only saw The Fantastic Four cuz of him, lol. Fonzo is the ultimate Marvel comic book geek.

Mom2Gaby
07-10-2008, 09:53 PM
omg - Francie, I hope you are ok. How is your neck?? I liked Jason's ring better , but he seemed more attracted to the thought of being in love. Do I sound like Dr Phil?? What do I know, I think I am tipsy. lol :hug: to you, feel better sweetie!!

Sue - How old is your grandson?

Sassy - I LOVE Jack Nicholson, we had The Bucket List but I didn't watch it, I will have to get it again. YUM to corn on the cob ((I bet you are all wondering what the heck I am talking about! lol )) and watermelon too.

Cristina - You are the Hallmark Queen, your cards mean so much to me, I really appreciate the thoughtfulness, especially when you sent a card for my sister when she lost her son, you didn't have to do that. What are Lobster bisquits??

Asia - Glad your truck was able to be fixed. There are so many bikers out now on the road, it is crazy.

Katy - No, I have no leads in the employment department. I look for property management and retirement places. I would like to work with seniors, I think that is where my strength is.....so now I have 13 more weeks to get my act together! :)

I think that was all my notes and I am FINALLLY caught up! I looked on my unemployment claim and it shows 5900 for the next 13 weeks, so yay! Takes a huge burden off me for the moment. Looking forward to spending the day w/ Gaby tomorrow, my only real time when we can relax and do something fun. Her father will come Saturday morning and get her for overnight til Sunday. Suppose to see McDreamy Saturday, I haven't seen him in a month and really have missed him. Up to a point though because I have my plate full as it is and it is so hard to think I should be dating and having fun. It'll be nice though to take the girls to the lake next week and do s'mores and relax at the lake.

blah,blah..........whatever,,,,I am going to get my baby to bed. And Momo my kitty is a filthy mess, he has dirt and grease all over him. I will have to give him a bath again.

chat tomorrow!!

RosieKate
07-10-2008, 10:23 PM
hey y'all! I came back to update my miles, and thought I'd check back in for a few minutes..

Susan- OMNI research is in the village, all you have to do is call them and ask if they can keep your name on file for future focus groups. Make sure to get files on the kids, too. My kids have done toy focus groups and they usually involve money and a toy - they love them! The other one we are on file with is Market Decisions, I think they are mdresearch.com. A man who will cook you fish even when he doesn't like it? I didn't think they existed anymore, lol! Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you on the job front- something ought to happen soon, right?

This post is being interrupted to add that WE HAVE APPLES ON OUR APPLE TREE! Wahoo! The kids are freaking out...it takes so little to entertain us these days:carrot::carrot::carrot: I should mention that these trees are really young, only two or three years old, so these are the first apples ever for these trees.

Cristina...did you mean the focus groups? I think if you google market research and the name of your city you would find anything that might be in your area. It's kind of fun..you show up, you give your opinion, you get money. It doesn't happen regularly enough to count on but it is fun. TY for the book - I can't wait...

Francie - I hope you are feeling better...Fonzo and my DH can have a nice chat about comics..hub has been a collector since he was 13. We had them appraised at 30K and that was ten years ago so who knows what they are worth now. So, yes, we see just about every comic book movie out there,lol!

Mindee - WTG on SBD!

Hi to everyone else! I have to get back to the knitting job so Ciao for Now!

tommysgirl18
07-11-2008, 12:32 AM
doing my nightly pop in......

we ended up taking the kids to the pool for another 2 hours! so I am trying to get my email checked and then off to bed!

so far, me and Tommy have both lost 4 pounds since we started on Tuesday!

Francie~ I hope you are feeling better!

SuzieQ~ Thanks for the nice words! I am really happy and proud of myself for finally getting out of the 230's! now, I am on my way to splitsville with the 220's!

Katy~ That is exciting about the apples! the boys used to always try and eat the apples off of my parents trees, but they were the small yucky apples. thanks for the nice words.

wildthing
07-11-2008, 03:20 AM
My goodness do I have some news!!! But indys first....

Katy- I have seen that movie. I went with Andrew. it was pretty good. WTG on the 100 bucks!!! Thats great!! Good luck on your knitting. Oh and its official. I am addicted to taebo. i cant wait until the day after tomorrow when I can do it again.

Susan- I remember when I was 17. That is actually around the time that I started toning down. My poor parents though. I am surprised that they both still have hair. I hope you have fun with gabby. Who is this Mcdreamy??? Sound very interesting.......
;)

Cristina- I wish I had fit tv. I would love to watch that. But I dont. Oh well.

Mindee- Good job on the exersice and the water!!!! I drank a little more. I am gonna increase slowly. We shall see. So have you and tommy lost 4 pounds each or together? Either way that is really great!!!
:D

Francie- I really hope you get to feeling better!!! I really want to see hancock. I gotta find somebody to go with me since Andrew is gone. I cant drag him along.:(

K now for my news.....I lost 2 more pounds!!!!!! That is a total of 8. I have 12 more to go to reach my goal by the time Andrew gets back!!!! I am so excited. I went to Rachel's tonight instead of tomorrow. We did the taebo strength and it was rough. But it felt so good to achieve. I am pretty sure that is the most I have ever sweat. I never get sweat pits or anything. I sweat but usually not visibly. But I was so proud of my sweat pits. I have never worked so hard. My eating went well. Tonight after me and rachel got done I made supper. Very good. And we watched School of rock. I liked it. Anyways I sure do hope Andrew is prepared to open up his wallet when he gets back!!!! I am gonna make it!!!! :exercise:

jules1216
07-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Asia--wtg on the weightloss, you are doing great!!

Mindee--wtg on you loss too!!

Katy--we have wild black raspberries that hubby started feeding Dominic...now when Dominic gets close to the bushes he starts going....mmmm...it's too cute!!

SuzyQ--that's great about the extension--living with your mom did not seem like a fun option...Have fun with McDreamy!!

Francie--sounds like you have stress knots--I made a chiro appt this morning for next week--I am starting to get tight myself. Hope you get feeling better!!

Cristina--I am trying to do the one load a day thing too--it does make it easier. It's not supposed to rain so i can hag them out.

Sue&Tammy--hi to you both

the boy just woke up so i have to go!!

Shopaholic1204
07-11-2008, 01:55 PM
For all you DeAnna & Jesse lovers: http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/07/11/deanna-jesse-go-public-talk-wedding-plans/ (read the comments too)

I'm feeling even worse now!! And on top of everything..I'm totally PMSing. Ugh..I wanna crawl in a hole and wait for all this to pass. Stress knots?? Hmmm...I seriously need to see someone. The other side of my neck is starting to hurt now.

Mom2Gaby
07-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Good Morning -

What a week! I am sooo ready for the weekend!

Jules - How does Aug look for a visit? You know my mom wasn't even offering to let me move in. lol She did say "now Susan, we won't let you live in a car"...oh, that is nice. Actually it was the ex's who were inviting me to move in. Now that would be a nightmare considering they are both bossy and control freaks. So, I am not going to be picky anymore, I am not going to get another 18 dollar an hour job, so back to reality! :stress:

Asia - yay on the 2 pounds!:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3: McD ((McDreamy))is just a friend that I dated for 5 months, he lives across the street and is an awesome cook. He is 52 and works at the local college doing student counseling and such. He must see a challenge in me...lol anyway, we broke up a month ago so this is just a friendship thing at the moment.

Mindee- You are doing really good, very inspiring to me! I am going to take Gaby to my mom's pool today and get some sun while she swims. Anyway, any special plans for the weekend??

Katy - oh, ya. I know where OMNI is, go by it all the time, just didn't know what it was all about. I will call , sounds like fun :) yum, apples! Your kids are cute to get excited. We had an avacado tree in CA when I was little, that was exciting to me....wish I had one up here in Oregon. Anyway, I am making mo sense. lol

I am FULL of coffee. ....I HAVE to go. Down 1 pound! Like I said pool today and I need to get Gaby's bangs cut. It is my one full day w/ her so I am trying to make it her day.

And it is Slurp Day at 7-11.........FREE slurpee's for the stores birthday, so I will go get one for Gabster.

k- bbl...

:wave: Hello to Cristina, Francie, Sue, Sassy, Tammy, and Carla!!

tommysgirl18
07-11-2008, 02:11 PM
doing my daily pop in......

nothing really new on this end.....Brandon is napping. Marissa and Logan, not napping. Marissa was quiet but then I just heard her talking.

Asia~ We have each lost 4 pounds! Great job on your two pound loss!!!! great job on the working out too!

Jules~ It is so good to hear from you!! How are things with Terri?

Francie~ I hope you can get in to see somebody soon!

Sassy_Chick
07-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Just thought you all might wanna know...........My Grandpa Passed Away. :cry:

suetalks
07-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Sassy..I am so sorry to hear this about your grandpa. Please accept my sympathy for you and your family. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

FrouFrou
07-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Hello ladies...

SASSY...hugs to you and your family. :hug: :hug:

ASIA & MINDEE...WTG on your losses! Doing GREAT girls! :bravo:

FRANCIE...hugs to you too, hope you feel better soon. :hug: Maybe a trip to the chiro would help...they are miracle workers I swear!

HIYA SUSAN, JULES, TAMMY, SUE & CLARA...again, feels like I am missing someone. :dizzy: It's late, what can I say? :dunno:

Sorry this is a sort of quickie...I had signed on earlier today and that's as far as I got. Char was coming over, she said late afternoon so I was thinking 3'ish since that is about the time she normally comes by. I slept late because I woke up early to go walk to find it raining so went back to bed. Did part of my exercise, had to run to the store and debated over whether to finish it all or just do part and get in some computer time...yeah, right. Did get the exercise in though and haven't had time to get on the computer until now so...of course now I am pooped! I wish I had half of the energy that little girl has. Not sure if I mentioned Cambrie is here until Monday when we take her back.

Anywho...not sure when I will check in tomorrow but I will be here. Going to take my free day from exercise tomorrow instead of Sunday since V will be home Sunday. Who knows, maybe someone will come home and watch the little rugrat so I can get something done, lol.

Have a GREAT weekend ladies! Lot's of hugs to everyone :hug:

wildthing
07-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Just a quick pop in...today was way insane. Not many indys because its almost one and I get to open at petsmart.
I did work out. I did my watp. Tomarow will be taebo.
I am so brain dead. Sleep is calling me.

Sassy- I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. I will def keep you and your family in my prayers.

I will do the indys tomarow. Love ya guys!!!

tommysgirl18
07-12-2008, 02:22 AM
sassy~ I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers during this time.

RosieKate
07-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Sassy - I am so sorry! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

suetalks
07-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Good day gals...I awoke to pouring rain, so rolled over and went back to sleep. :D Now I am just putzing around the house and doing little jobs. Will get to some serious housework at some point. Not too ambitious.

The rain stopped so I went out and pulled weeds quickly while the ground was soggy. Boy, the Treflan DH used in the mulch has sure kept us from having many weeds. I just find a few every now and then. I swear by that stuff. I didn't mention that he re-seeded the front lawn earlier in the week, so we have been watering all week. It sure is coming in well, except a couple spots we are fighting with. I wonder if it will take YEARS to get a nice looking lawn?

I am having pain in my side today..after 4 years you would think they could figure this out. If I can I will ride today, definitely will walk a little. I have been so darn lazy or sick off and on for weeks...grrr.

Asia- You are doing so well with your exercise...you are a good match for our Cristina. Hope your day at work went well.

Mindee- Yay for you and Tommy. Have you found anything about SBD to be exceedingly difficult? I hated not having fruit...just couldn't go for that. DH said he would never do a diet again that had no bread. :devil: We are wusses. Keep up the good work.

Cristina- I am sure you will get a work out today from Cambrie. My DGS was only here a few times for a couple hours each and he wore me out. He is 8 and never stops talking. He is quite intelligent (g-ma speaking :) ) and fun to carry on a conversation with. Just not constantly. I am used to quiet time here.

Susan- Way to go on the loss...I will never get there. I think I am resigned to the fact. DH keeps telling me I am "mature" and should be rounder. LOL... I wanted to look fabulous for my BIG 6-0 this year. Ugh!

Katy- Those focus groups sound interesting. HEre they kind of nab you at the Mall and ask you to do these groups. I never have though.

Sassy- :hug: Hope you are doing ok.

Francie- Hope you feel better.

Jules- Hi :wave:

Tammy and Clara..where are you ladies?

Sorry this is so gabby...and all about ME.

I am going to try to post the picture of the new car...bear with me.

Mom2Gaby
07-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Good Morning -

Sassy - Very sorry for your families loss, I am sure it is devasting to you all. Many hugs and prayers as you get through this difficult time. :hug:

Sue - I am sorry for the pain! Hope you feel better soon. The car is beautiful :) .....I don't think I can ever gain again, if I do it will be impossible to lose, my whole system is wreaked w/ yo yo dieting.

Asia - Have a good work day! I need to toss my kitty in the sink and give him a wash and go to petco to pick up some advantage. Sorry, when I think of you I think of my cat....the petco connection. :D Awesome on your exercise! :)

Cristina - Little Cambrie sounds so cute. I hope you get a chance to check in, miss you when you aren't around. You are always doing good on your exercise too :)

:wave: hello to Katy, Mindee, Tammy, Francie, Jules and Carla!!

Little Gaby is gone until tomorrow, she had fun at grandmothers swimming yesterday. I bought her a little toy for 7.99 and she played w/ that thing the rest of the day. We all had oatmeal this morning and I need to go get some grocery shopping done now. Dinner w/ McD so I have to plan for those calories...
Had a pms moment and chopped off my bangs....it looks better, I guess. I was growing them out but it made my face look too long. Blah - blah...
Also need more ice, I am so addicted to ice.

k- my little ramble. You all have a good Saturday!:D

Sassy_Chick
07-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Thank You all. :hug:

As we all will definitely miss my Grandpa, he was 97 yrs old and did live a full and happy life. He got to see his kids, grandkids and even great-grandkids grow up. He ran a farm and lived alone all the way up until 7 or 8 yrs ago when he finally was put into a nursing home. I think that is pretty darn good!

We all have our wonderful memories of him to cherish. He was very special to me. He was more like a father to me than a grandfather. He took care of me when I was a kid and I had so much fun with him. He always played with me and made things so much fun. I will cherish all of those wonderful memories I have of him. He was a wonderful person and will be missed. But now he is with my Grandma and I am sure very happy and watching down over us all.

Anyways, thanks for letting me get that out, it made me feel much better!!!

I am taking advantage of having time off (I get 3 days Bereavement so I do not have to go into work this coming week.) The same girl who is working for me on my vacation in September is gonna work for me this week too. I told DH I OWE her big time! :) Not that it matters because I get the bereavement time regardless, but she is so very sweet to work for me and I appreciate it. Not sure what I can do for her? I most likely won't ever have to work for her since she works days and there are so many on days that they don't have to worry about coverage like I do. Any thoughts? She is a young, single mother.

Anyways, as I was saying, I am taking advantage of having time off to get some things done around here that need to be done. Plus keeping busy keeps my mind off of things too. I stripped the bed finally and I plan on tackling the bathroom too. Maybe I'll even get the dreaded office done! lol. My Aunt is supposed to call me tonight to let me know when all the services are. My grandpa had a pre-arranged funeral and all of that, so they just have to go and get it set up today. My Aunt said it will most likely be on Wed. But she can't be sure. My Grandpa wanted everything all in one day, but I do want to at least have dinner with my Aunt and Uncle as I haven't seen them in so long! But she said she'd mention to the family that we'll maybe all meet at a restaurant or something. Unless my other Aunt and Uncle want to host something at their place. We have other family out of town too, not just me, so I am not sure if they will be coming or not, we'll have to see. But it'd be nice for all of us to be all together again. I know my Grandpa would want that.

Well my Aunt called. Its gonna be on Wed. from 1-3 pm then off to the cemetery right after. She said that my Aunt and cousin from Tennessee (or at least that is where they used to live) will be there for the services than they will have to leave right after. I haven't seen them in a LONG time! I told my mom I think I was still in HS when I saw them last!!!! So they have never met my DH. We'll have to be sure to take our camera. I know its sad, but its like my fil says, you get to see everybody at funerals that you haven't seen in a long time. So I at least want some pictures of my Aunt and cousin that I never get to see.

I keep sneezing!!! :sp: Must be my allergies. Who knows...........its all I need. lol. :rolleyes:

Thank You all for your kind words and support, your all so wonderful!

wildthing
07-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Hey girlys!!! Today was crazy. I am down another lb. I got to talk to Andrew for a little bit. I had the worst day at work. But I worked out my frustrations litterally. There is a gym I really want to join. I told a girl I work with that in 11 pounds I would. She is gonna join with me. They have kick boxing. I am really excited. ANyways today was Andrews birthday. So I am glad I got to tell him happy birthday. I must admit I miss him a tad bit. Not a whole lot because I have been so busy. I worked out with Shara today. We did the strength tae bo then had yummy supper and yellow watermelon for dessert. YUM!!! Tomarrow is my off day so I can rest and eat a "bad" meal. I am excited. K moving on.....

Susan- I think it is so cool that yall are friends. He seems really neat. Good job on your pound!!!! Its ok when you think of me because of your cat. However petco is our competitor. Thats not good. Haha jk. Work was awful but new resolutions were made.

Mindee-Awesome on your four pounds!!! That is so cool!!!!

Sassy- I am glad you get a few days off!! You could get your coworker something like bath and body works. That is usually what I do. It pampers her.

Anyways I am gonan go to bed. I shall return tomarrow!

Sue- I rained crazy here too!!! I love your car!! Its very pretty. I really wish I could tell you that my work day did go well but it didnt. It was so bad. But on the good side Adriana(dog trainer) said she would join the gym when I loose my last 11 pounds. So it wasnt all bad

jules1216
07-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Asia--why wait for the eleven pound...go for the gym and the kickboxing class now!!

Sassy--hugs to you!! hubby is still really missing his pap...

SuzyQ--I am trying to get the final answer, but it looks like August for me on the west coast..I love ice too....

Sue--pulling weeds after the rain is definitely the best time...when is your special bday?

Katy--love the purple colors you use in the knitting..

Cristina--I think getting things done will be easier once Dominic is a liitle older...with the teething he can be very needy...can't complain though...he is to cute...things just have to wait until after work during the week....

mindee--hey there--things are good

Francie-- how's the neck???

Tammy--where are you!!

off to get some things done, before hubby has a stroke....

wildthing
07-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Jules- Because I want to make sure I am actually really gonna do this. Plus I want it to be a reward. Like I worked for it and I deserve this. I dunno. I really want to but I want to use it as a reward.

tommysgirl18
07-13-2008, 04:44 PM
doing my daily pop in.....

we went up to the campground yesterday and had a blast! we stayed up there longer then we planned on it, but it was worth it all! we are planning on going up there this coming Saturday for the Halloween in July that they are doing. Marissa is going to be a little punk rocker chick. Our friend is going to spike her hair for us. The boys are going to be mechanics. Since that is the lightest costumes that we have for them.

I am down to 229.2 lbs since Tuesday. Tommy is down to 170.8 lbs since Tuesday. I have lost 4.4 pounds, and he has lost 8 pounds. I hate how easily men lose weight!!!

Sassy~ Sounds like your grandfather had a full life. And to live until he was 97 years old, that is just amazing!

Asia~ Great job on the pound lost!!

SuzieQ~ How are you doing today?

Sue~ I haven't really found anything to be exceptionally difficult.....but Tommy has. He will get cravings for something and then he will just drool over coupons for ice cream or commercials for ice cream. your car looks great!!!

Jules~ I hope you are having a great weekend!

suetalks
07-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Evening ladies- Just a lazy, blah day today. DD and DGS left for home...so I'm bummed.
I read papers, drank coffee and sulked. Sum total of my day. Well, actually to try to get my head out of my...er, back into life...I rode the bike 2 miles and walked 1.5. Didn't make me feel better. So, I sat on the porch and ate a bowl of ice cream. Didn't make me feel better. So I am going to bed. :)

Tomorrow I will do better...and I will do indies.

Jules- Special day is Oct. 7th...I'm a Libra. :) A damn old Libra. LOL...now that made me feel better!

Ciao chickies....

tommysgirl18
07-14-2008, 12:24 AM
doing my nightly pop in.....

I am on my way to go and find some sample menus of what people are doing for SBD. I am looking for some things that I would be able to make ahead of time so that Tommy can take them to work with him.

Mom2Gaby
07-14-2008, 02:16 AM
It is so hot here tonight, I can't sleep.

Sue- Ice cream would have made me feel better! :) I am sorry you miss your daughter and grand daughter. I hope you feel better though and not so blah. :hug:

Mindee- Cute on Marissa being a punk rocker chick! And :bravo: again for the scale going down. You and Tommy are doing good.

Jules - Yay, to August! :) You think we are ruining our teeth w/ the ice munchig? I think of that but I don't seem to care. lol

Asia- I think I did mean Petsmart, the one w/ Banfield, that is where I get the advantage. So, it is ok when I think of you I think of flea control?? lol Congrats to you too on your weight loss :bravo:

Hi to all the MIA ladies, hope you all had a relaxing weekend.

I had a good weekend, fast and furious. I don't know how Gaby went to bed tonight w/ the heat, but she did.
Saw MCD last night and he made a yummy dinner, like he always does. He made scallops w/ this alfredo sauce over pasta and his salad w/ mushrooms, onions,bell peppers and avacado's....and this to die for dressing, plus his cheesebread. I saved my calories for it so I don't think I did too bad, we'll see tomorrow when I weigh.
Of course I just sat there and watched him putter around while sipping my gin and tonic.....feeling like a lazy butt, but I did offer to chop veggies for the salad....and I dont hink he took me serious because he kept right on dicing. lol
Anyway we will get the 6 year old girls together this week, I might let Gaby miss one day of school to go to the lake.

blhah - blah....k , I guess that is my dribble.

Night all - :wave:

Mom2Gaby
07-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Good Morning -

My goodness, am I the first one to check in this morning??

Damage control, I went up a little to 151.8 *sigh, it was worth it though and I am sure I will get it back down asap.
So, to celebrate I had a pancake - haha.

Woke up late for school and we just made it when they were doing morning circle review thing. It was kind of hard on Gaby , she was all shy.

anyway, I haven't even had coffee!! Just wanted to do a quickie and change the weight numbers.

You all have a wonderful morning! :) :wave:

Shopaholic1204
07-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Hey ladies!!! I'm still alive and kickin!!! Sorry that I've been MIA. I haven't been out shopping-yet, lol. I've just been spending a lot of time with Fonzo. We were glued to the hip for awhile, lol. We finally became unglued today because he has duty.

I finally admitted to him that this whole move thing has me really stressed out and worried. So we're just trying to figure out a way to make things a little stress free. Other stuff is going on too, but I don't really wanna talk about...

ANYWAYS..lol. I'm getting my haircut tomorrow!! YAY!!! I almost forced Fonzo to chop it off over the weekend, lol. It totally wasnt fair. He got a haircut and I didn't. But he HAS to get one, otherwise he'll get in trouble. He looks much better too. But ughhh..I just want my hair shorter. It's getting on my nerves and it's hot and heavy, lol. I cannot wait for tomorrow!!!

Oh ya..I'm addicted to this pinball game I bought to play on the Wii!! It's sooooooooo much fun. I was so into it last night that I was clenching in my stomach until it hurt, lol. I'm gonna play it after I watch all the shows I recorded, lol.

Okay..thats it from me. I'm gonna go and have some lunch now!! I hope all is well with everyone!!!

tommysgirl18
07-14-2008, 02:47 PM
doing my daily pop in....

I was looking in the closet for something to wear, and tossed on a tank top that I used to wear when me and Tommy were dating, almost 9 years ago! they are a size 18/20, and I put the tank on with the shirt over it, expecting them to both be tight on me. NOPE......they are just as comfortable as they were when I put them on 9 years ago!!!

SuzieQ~ Thanks for the nice words on our weight. I am hoping to work more on the exercising. the alarm went off this morning and I was ready to get up until I heard the silence and thought something was up......nothing was, but I fell back to sleep instead. Marissa was up at 2:30 this morning since she went to bed at 6pm after not napping and us getting a late start to everything yesterday.

Mom2Gaby
07-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Back for a quick minute......

Why Francie - you decided to check in, eh?? :) We missed you, but I suppose Fonzo comes first, those vows and all. haha I use to have long hair to my butt, very hot in the summertime, I bet you will be so much cooler getting it cut! :) Moving is a big stress. I just forget the packing and throw everything away. lol....I do, that is why I have no cookware.

Mindee- Congrats on the clothes, I bet that felts good! :)

I will tell ya about my salad I had for lunch. I went to grocery outlet looking for some salmom patties but they only had 1 box left, so I bought some other frozen fish. I also picked up some chicken strips, southwestern flavor (oscar myer) and used that on my salad. It says 480 on the whole conatiner and I used 1/2. I tossed in celery, bell pepper and onion along w/ serving of low fat cottage cheese....and that filled me up. Had an apple as a snack and treing to work on my water.

So, now I have to rush and get Gaby. We are either late in getting there or I am late picking her up....lol, poor thing.

Later :)

suetalks
07-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Susan..I also had a salad, but it didn't have as much yummy stuff on it as yours. I just had greens, onion and a sliced garlic chicken breast. (leftover from yesterday) Then I had a side scoop of cottage cheese and later some sweet cherries that our neighbor brought over to us. Yum! Of course, now I am hungry again since I didn't have bread or any starches. :)

Mindee- Way to go on the new/old clothes. Always fun to fit into something again. Did u find recipes?

Francie- Hello...wondered if I was going to have to come look for you. :) Hope you don't stress out too much over moving. Would love to see a pic. of your hair-do tomorrow.

Asia- You will soon get that reward of the gym. You are doing awesome.

Jules, Katy, Cristina, Sassy- Hi to you all.

I talked to DD online last night and she said DGS cried for an hour on the plane flying home. Poor baby...well, he is 8, but did not want to leave here. Of course, DD wasn't much better. And DD#1 who drove them to the airport ALWAYS falls apart when they leave. I hide mine from them then go eat ice cream and sulk. Doing better today though. I am actually planning a trip to CA.

Have a good evening all...and a good Tues.

tommysgirl18
07-14-2008, 09:06 PM
doing my nightly pop in.....

Tommy took Brandon with him to get the towels, and Logan and Marissa are in bed, so I thought I would take this opportunity!

being able to fit back into the clothes is great!! it took some time but Tommy realized what I was wearing and then said "it has been a long time since you wore that hasn't it?" I said "it took you long enough to notice it."

jules1216
07-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Quick hi..have done a load of laundry and some dishes and weeded the garden...I am too tired to post now...oh and I am way to addicted to Big Brother already--my fave is Angie and Teri's eye candy Brian looks to be leaving way too early...

Mom2Gaby
07-14-2008, 09:39 PM
oops, Sue, I think I called your grandson a grandaughter. lol even at 8 years old I bet he wouldn't appreciate that! :dizzy: I forgot to say I put fat free Italian dressing on that salad, it is so good.

I fell off the wagon w/ my dinner. I had a hamburger (7%) w. onions and some french fries, I feel so full....anything with onions I have a weakness for so I will just have to get back on track tomorrow.

:wave: Mindee....the clothes are great, I can get in some cothes I haven't gotten into in 3 years. I also can't believe I kept them that long - lol.

Cristina - where are you?? :hug: miss you.

k- think I will TLC Gaby, it is cooler tonight so I think we can actually sleep.

G'night :wave:

Mom2Gaby
07-14-2008, 09:42 PM
omg - Jules! Big Brother over your BIK sisters??? We already had Fonzo coming between us,,,,wtf??
You guys don't take this serious , do you??? lol
argh,,,,,,,fine......:hug: to you and enjoy the show!! :)

tommysgirl18
07-15-2008, 12:51 AM
doing my late night pop in......

SuzieQ~ I wonder why I kept all the smaller clothes that I either had or was given, and now I know why! because I knew that I would get back into them!

Shopaholic1204
07-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Just popping in to let everyone know that I'm FINALLY chopping off my long hair today!!!! YAYAYAY!!! Which is cheaper? Mastercuts or Supercuts? I'm trying to save money here, and this is the only thing I'm allowing for myself.

Okay well..I'm gonna go wash my hair and wait for Fonzo to come home!!

FrouFrou
07-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Hiya ladies!

Finally have some time, yay! Anyway...going to go get caught up and write down my miles and I will be back!

Shopaholic1204
07-15-2008, 02:09 PM
OKay..I'm leaving right now to get my hair cut!! I'll have before and after pics when I get back!!

tommysgirl18
07-15-2008, 02:27 PM
doing my daily pop in.....

nothing really new on this end......I am planning on taking the kids to the pool tonight and possibly getting a walk in too. but the pool is one thing that is high on that list.

I am watching Crash right now with Sandra Bullock and a whole bunch of other people in it. So far, it is really good. I keep having to fast forward through the commercials.

Francie~ I can't wait to see before and afters! I am going to get my hair cut short, but I have to look and get some ideas. I want to add some color to and cover up the grays. I am thinking about blond chunks or blond streaks......but now 100% sold on it yet.

FrouFrou
07-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Okay...all caught up I think, lol.

FRANCIE...I was just going to say to take a before and after! Good luck! Oh, and if you haven't left already...maybe call around because here-someplace...they will cut your hair for free if you are donating to Locks of Love.

ASIA...sorry you are missing Andrew, and especially on his birthday. There will be other though and WTG on your loss! Doing great missy, with losing and your exercise.

SUSAN...McD is quite the cook! Wish I had a man to cook for me. How's Gaby doing with summer school? Is it almost over? And hey, there are worse things you could be addicted too...eating ice is nothing! Maybe I should pick it up so I would eat that instead of food!

SASSY...thinking of you and yours :hug:

SUE...love the car! That is such a pretty color.

MINDEE...WTG on you and Tommy's losses. Wow, that is great! Loved the movie Crash...you need to see it on dvd...bet they cut out parts on regular t.v....anyway, it was good.

HIYA JULES, TAMMY, CLARA :wave:

Well, I have been one busy nana! Nice to finally have a break! That little girl is one energetic thing...she is like the energizer bunny...just keeps going, and going, and going...but we had fun. Took her home yesterday evening since V was going to weed eat for Charlotte and then take down the Christmas lights. Not sure why her step-dad didn't offer to but whatever. She'll be over later to visit...it's her day off and I believe the kids are going with grandma to Illinois to visit their papa...he lives there, long story, sort of, lol.

Worked in some exercise...not as much as I would have liked, but some is better than none. And today V is home in my way so I am taking a free day from it...sort of. I'm going to do a dvd or two later and call it good. Will get back on my schedule tomorrow. And I am down a whole pound, woohoo...yeah whatever, lol. But a pound is better than a gain so I will take it. That's about all I have, need to go add my miles.

Have a good day!

Mom2Gaby
07-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Tuesday, and tomorrow is Wednesday. It is just like 7 days repeating itself over and over again. What a drag.

Can you tell I am pmsing?? I am. What are you going to do about it??:devil: I sooo want to argue with someone right now. lol. It would make me feel better. :D

Cristina- omg - missed you!! Tell little Cambrie you need to post! Little 3 year olds have a lot of energy. Congrats on the pound! I would take a pound right about now, this whole thing is a drag.

lmao...................omg - I should not be on the computer!!:devil:

Ya, McD is a good cook. I really don't like white sauces though, kind of rich to me but I love his salads and the cheesebread. We are suppose to get the 6 year olds together for a swim today, see how that goes. His relative will go back Saturday to Alaska.

Gaby is cranky a lot w/ school. I think she needs some much needed R & R soon, the 24th is her last day ((of school))and today I will pick her up at 1:30 when the teacher leaves, after that they just do art work and such so we will do the swimming instead and I try and get her to bed at 7pm.

anyway - it is great to have you back posting! :D

Mindee- :wave: enjoy your time at the pool :)

Francie - can't wait to see the pictures!

ok, I am going to go hide in my hole and try not to be too b*tchy the next few days. I don't even trust myself to email McD....he is annoying me. lol

chat later, maybe. :?:

tommysgirl18
07-15-2008, 04:17 PM
SuzieQ~ I will argue with you......LOL I am craving chili for dinner, and Tommy's exact words to me were "it is like 90 degrees out.....are you kidding me?" so now we are at a loss as to what to make for dinner. he told me that he was going to have eggs.......so now I have to figure out something for me and the kids.

Cristina~ sounds like you were one busy nana!!! I have it on my list of movies to see on this website that I was told about that you can watch movies on. so I will check it out on there to see if there is anything different. I know they changed the language some for the tv. yay on the one pound loss!

wildthing
07-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Sorry girls.....I lost my post. I got every body done and I lost it. Iwill jsut have to do a check in now. I have been working out like crazy but I have been really bloated due to my cheat day. i had a cheat meal Sunday night and my stomach is still angry. Def not doing that again. Anyways so I dont know if I have lost anything because I have been so bloated. We shall see in the morning.

Shopaholic1204
07-15-2008, 05:45 PM
OKay..here's the pictures!!!! (sorry they're not smaller)

Before
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/Picture130.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/Picture131.jpg

After
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/Picture139.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/Picture135.jpg

I got it done at Supercuts. They're even gonna send in the hair for me. They said they send in hair about every week, so thats pretty cool!! I'm totally loving my new short hair. Its been 2 years since it's been this short. I LOVE feeling the cool breeze on my neck, lol.

RosieKate
07-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Francie - cute 'do! You cut off a ton..and it looks great:D

Cristina - got the book! Meant to post that earlier, but time got away from me..I'm zipping right through it. I'll most likely send it back when I get back from my class ( I'll be gone all next week).

Susan- So I'm not the only one wilting here in good ol' PDX.... too hot for moi that's for sure. I planted some annuals in my flower boxes and they are wilting...I hope they perk up.

Mindee - WTG on your loss...now I'm looking at SBD...maybe I wrote that off too soon, lol! I'm only kind of kidding...hub's been told to cut back on breads and fruits as the np is concerned about him being pre-diabetic. He can't seem to get his glucose under 100, so it's time to kick the diet into shape. SBD and the Zone are both considered pretty good for people trying to watch their glucose.

Hi to everyone else! Sorry it's a short one. I finished my knitting job and I'm finishing up Shopaholic. I think it's funny that she's a financial writer and can't manage her $$, but I'm about halfway through and it just reads too much like Bridget Jones' Diary to me. I don't think I'll read any of the others...It's good beach reading, though, isn't it?

Yesterday we went on a garden tour and I put some pics up on my blog (http://rosiekate.wordpress.com)..that's about all we've been up to. I'm getting ready to head out of town for a week, to attend the Art Institute at Maryhill. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm going to miss my family - I haven't been away from them for that long before.

BBL!

jules1216
07-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Francie--got to say I LOVE the hair....

Asia--i have lost posts before....so frustrating..

Mindee--i could eat some chili....

SuzyQ--you can send me *****y emails....(i won't let bb come before you guys..)

Cristina--I have to agree that grandbabies are exhausting but worth every moment

Sue--aw... am so glad my granboy is so close...it sures is empty through the week without him...

Sassy, Katy, Tammy and am I missing anyone else...hope all is well...

hubby was cranky this morning..he went down to his garage to play tonight so I can enjoy computer time without him witching especially since I did all my catchup chores last night. Teri is FINALLY packing Dave's stuff up....she caught him in two more lies and any thoughts of getting back together are gone....Ry is still loving WA but is thinking about doing summers in WA and winters in Las Vegas or Southern California. One of his new bosses does that and says with Ry's almost 7 years of restaurant experience he should have no prob doing it since it is what this guy has been doing for the last 5 years and loving it...I have to face the facts...Ry is NEVER moving back to the east coast...he's even talking cruise ships...

my mil tried to call this weekend and we kept trying to get a hold of her but the line was busy and sil didn't return any calls and my niece apparently got mad at her bf and changed her number AGAIN!! I finally talked to her tonight, turns out she wants to borrow almost $700 from us and when I said we didn't have it...she tried to put a guilt trip on me...it didn't work since she has NEVER helped us out even back when I was a stay at home mom with two kids under 3, Jerry making a little over minimum wage with no phone and no cable and some weeks not many groceries...but she always gave sil money and time who also was a stay at home mom who's husband made $50,000 a year and were getting more money than Jerry brought home a month for taking care of my niece who was in foster care at the time before they adopted her...I am sorry, we both make decent money but are on a tight budget trying to have everything paid off by the end of this year and we are buying all the babies diapers, wipes and baby food and some of the formula and all the teething tablets and tylenol and etc (luckily she got so much lotion and bath stuff she hasn't run out at her house or here yet...

boy did a run on a little too long or what...

Love you guys!!

jules1216
07-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Katy--hey there...I finally finished Girls Like Us (story of Joni Mitchell, Carole King and Carly Simon) and before that I read Unveiled a woman's story about her life married and divorced to a man living in the Middle East..I have to say a light read sounds wonderful right now....hubby is on a mostly veggie kick and I picked up the Zone for Vegetarians (I think) a loonnnggg while back at a yard sale. I may have to get it back out again and take another look--I tried SBD but couldn't stick to it since I like my fruits and veggies way more than I like red meat...though I can't go total vegetarian cause I like my chicken and turkey way too much....actually I plain like food way too much...when I quit excessively drinking and doing drugs to become a mom I think I traded that addiction for a food one.....I am a very emotional eater...

Sassy_Chick
07-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Hi All.

Just a quick drop by. Tomorrow is the funeral.......I'll be glad when its all over and done. I know that sounds horrible, but I just dread it. Of course who ever looks forward to a funeral anyways?

Anyways. I hope all is well with you all.

Francie -- hair looks wonderful. I am jealous. I wanted to get out today and get mine done, but had absolutely no energy at all!

Take care everybody.

jules1216
07-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Sassy--big hugs to you...:hug:

RosieKate
07-15-2008, 10:56 PM
:hug::hug::hug:Sassy:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Jules - sounds like you and I like to eat the same things..I can live without red meat, but I love poultry and fish. Even then, I love produce more! I would have a hard time giving up fruit. So glad to hear that Teri is really moving on...he's not going to stop lying, if he was he would have done so by now. I mean, if a child isn't enough motivation to clean up one's act, then nothing will be. I'm in the queue for Girls Like us..I read an excerpt in Vanity Fair and it looked really good. I'm going to gt Tapestry, and Blue, and that Carly Simon album that has "You're so Vain" on it and play them on shuffle in the background while I read it, lol!

I am a big Zone fan, though not vegetarian. Once you get the hang of it, it's not too hard to manage...and no calorie counting if you stay in the Zone ( that's a motivator)

FrouFrou
07-16-2008, 02:57 AM
Just a quick pop in...can't sleep, ugh!

Nothing new going on and I will do individuals tomorrow...hoping I can get some sleep...probably end up sleeping in for sure. Then hopefully, Thurs I will get back on my schedule :crossed:

Chat tomorrow, er later today :wave:

Shopaholic1204
07-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the comments!!! One great thing I love about having short hair is that my hair dries super fast now!!

Mindee~You should totally go for the blonde highlights. I was thinking of getting some too. But I dunno..I think I'm gonna dye my hair a lighter color brown.

Sassy~:hug: :hug: :hug:

Cristina~I couldnt sleep at all last night. I finally had to put an extra blanket on top of me before I fell asleep. Then I woke up this morning and realized that I'm turning into my mother, lol. She needed several blankets before falling asleep.

Katy~Thats too bad about the Shopaholic books. I don't really think they're like Bridget Jones. But they're both part of Brit Lit. So maybe that's why they seem similiar? Bridget Jones was actually the first chick/Brit lit I ever read.

Susan~Sounds like you need some Ben & Jerry's or a great big ol' chocolate bar. I was totally PMSing last week and *****ed at Fonzo the whole time, lol. Poor guy. But he bought me peanut butter M&Ms to make me feel better :D

OKay...my stomach is starting to calm down now. I dunno why it was hurting. I haven't eaten anything since dinner at 7pm yesterday.

I had such a horrible time sleeping last night. One of the cats kept trying to play with my feet, lol. Then Fonzo kept bumping into me. Then when I finally did doze off, he woke me up and asked me what my problem was. I have no idea what that was about, but I think he was talking in his sleep cuz his head flopped back on the pillow after he said it, lol.

Oh ya..2 things. 1-I'm not into regular chick lit anymore. I dunno why, but I just got totally bored with it. I'm now into Fanatsy chick lit (anything with mermaids, vampires, witches, etc. I'm looking into it now). I'm a bit weird I guess, lol. And 2-I really wanna get a tattoo on my neck now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm more sure of it than ever. It'll have to wait though. I still want a tattoo on my ankle first.

OKay so ya..that is all for now. I'm going back to bed. :wave:

Sassy_Chick
07-16-2008, 11:50 AM
I wanna say thank you girls. I am all ready to go.........I will be so happy when this is all over. I just totally dread it. Not just because its a funeral, but because its the side of the family that I never see, so you know how that is. or maybe you don't. lol. I was only really close to my grandpa and my 1 Aunt and Uncle. The rest.........well.........

At least I have DH going with me, even though he is beat from working lastnight. He did get a few hrs sleep and I told him I'd drive there and back home.

I even have my hair down. :yikes: Not sure how long that will last, but I'm gonna try it cuz I know it looks better. But I have my brush and a ponytail holder just in case! lol.

And I have came to another realization: Another reason why I hate being fat: How depressing it is how I look in "dress" clothes. :p I only have long-sleeved dress shirts cuz I absolutely hate my arms. I am hot already. lol. But at least it is a thin long sleeve.....

Well I'll give you details once we get home. Wish me luck ladies. :cross:

RosieKate
07-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Sassy - good luck and drive safely :hug:

Francie - I saw you gave the Shopaholic books good ratings on Good Reads..so I didn't mean to sound like I was dissing them too badly. I think it's more about just not being in the right mood for them. I do like the way she writes her interior monologue about money - like trying to convince herself she could fall in love with the rich date when she really can't, or fantasizing about winning the lottery... who hasn't done that at some point. Did you get some sleep?

Cristina - you , Francie, and I can start a No-sleep club..I, too, slept like crap last night. This is after several night's of getting 5-6 hours and it has all caught up with me today. I hate feeling too tired to do the things I want to do! It is so frustrating and the last thing I want to do is keep track of what I am eating, or get some exercise. Anyway, sorry about teh vent and I hope you were able to get some more sleep.

I've decided to bake up some things for the fam to munch on while i'm away. Today I am making homemade granola. Over the next few days I'll bake up a bunch of muffins and some pizzas...then they are on their own!

Have a great day everyone!

Mom2Gaby
07-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Happy Wednesday! :carrot: Tomorrow is Thursday and so it goes........

Sassy -:hug::hug:

Katy- I had to go look up Maryhill and the art institute is beautiful, I love the gorge anyway. You'll have fun and it looks so relaxing.

Francie - Love the hair!! It makes you look younger and even thinner. The long hair always weighs us down, I think. Anyway, you look adorable. How is your neck??

Cristina - Did you get some sleep?? Hope so. I think that was my main problem, not so much pmsing. I really don't sleep well w/ Rach in there and I was getting by on 3 hours of sleep, made me cranky yesterday :D Anyway - hope you got some Zzzzzz's :)

Jules - :hug: to Teri. Maybe when you visit you will fall in love w/ the pacific NW too and stay...:D Good for you in not taking the bait on the loan! You have your plate full and you don't need to give anyone the reasons behind your decisions on giving loans. :D

Mindee- Ok, what are we fighting about? lol I LOVE chili, I could eat it in warm weather, that and corn bread, yum. So, what did you end up making for dinner??

Asia - sorry about losing the post!! Frustrating, huh?? Hope you are feeling more comfortable and not so bloated!! :)

Tammy & Sue :wave: Hope you ladies are having a good week. Miss you.

Doing good on eating and I just finished 20's of water. My goal is to get to 150 by Friday, I can do it if I stop my munchies!

anyway - always something to do , just wanted to say hi :wave:

Shopaholic1204
07-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Sassy~I totally know what you mean about seeing fam. I felt that way at my mom & aunt's funeral. Except..I saw people that I didnt like, and knew shouldnt have been there. Good luck though!! :hug: Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

Katy~Oh..I totally didn't think you were dissing them at all. I know the books aren't for everyone. I do think you have to be in the moment to read it though. Whenever I feel totally down and depressed, I read one of the Shopaholic books and it makes me feel better, lol. I did get some sleep, so I feel better. I had a really weird dream though, and I cant remember it now, lol. Can you bake some stuff for me?? I've been craving brownies like non other, lol!!

Shopaholic1204
07-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Susan~You snuck in there while I was writing, lol. My neck feels nice and cool. I love it when the air hits it, lol. You mentioned something about corn bread..and now I want some. Mmmmm...Chili & corn bread sound so good right now. I remember when I was little..my grandma's house used to smell like chili all the time. Fonzo's house even smelled like it too, lol.

FrouFrou
07-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Hiya ladies...

KATY...you don't have to worry about sending the book back, no sense in wasting any money. When I read it it kind of pi$$ed me off...I guess her lack of responsibility...I know it's just a book but still, lol. I did however like Shopaholic ties The Knot a little better but won't buy any of the others. I guess I missed where you are going on a trip...probably not awake when I read the posts, lol. I am with ya on the lack of sleep and keeping up with the exercise and such...such the slacker I've been the last two days.

FRANCIE...I don't think you are weird. Everyone likes different reads and I know once in a while I get in moods and get tired of the same old stuff. I try to read different stuff anyway though otherwise I get bored with reading. I bet your head feels a lot less heavy. That was a lot of hair and so thick! But I like your new do! And...what kind of tattoo are you wanting on your neck? Just curious...I bet that would hurt like crazy...ouch!

SUSAN...I love the new avatar! So cute and does look like you! And no I didn't get any sleep...just call me grumpy gus. I went back to bed at 4 a.m. alarm went off at 6 and there was no way I was getting up to walk after 2 hours of sleep! I did finally get up at 8 to take the dog potty and then went back to bed but didn't fall asleep. Got up at 9:30 because I was watching a stupid lifetime movie, lol. I strat watching those and want to finish it but I had things to do and exercise was not one of those things. 'Course I think I am more of a grumpy gus because of the lack of exercise. You will get to 150, I know you will...sending some good vibes for ya :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

ASIA...sorry you lost your post. I know I've done that one too many times and it is very frustrating to say the least. How are you doing today?

JULES...sorry to hear about Teri. I guess it's better to find out now rather than later after he gets out. I think it would be easier with him not being there in person...either way though I don't think it is easy at all. But something good came out of the relationship for sure...little Dominic and he is quite the cutie pie! And yes...grandbabies are well worth it all! Good for you for sticking to your guns with MIL.

SASSY...lots of hugs to you today :hug: :hug:

HIYA SUE...hoping all is well with you.

You too TAMMY, hoping all is well with you.

MINDEE...how's the SBD going for you and Tommy today?

Not much going on with me, trying to get some laundry done. Went and bought a few groceries this morning after I finally dragged my arse out of bed. Still have to finish up at Wally world tomorrow...didn't really feel like going today since it was later than I usually care to go. So went to the local grocery store...their meat and produce is much better anyway. Anyway...no exercise for me today. I did get some in yesterday and then did some gardening in the back. And one thing about not getting any sleep I managed to finish my book and start another. Just trying to stay awake now. And even though it's hot...chili and cornbread does sound really good to me too! :D

Have a good one ladies!

tommysgirl18
07-16-2008, 04:26 PM
nothing new on this end.....hoping to take the kids to the pool today. it is close to 90 degrees today! I took them for a walk around the complex this morning....well Marissa anyways. the boys rode their bikes.

Oh.....I got a YAY moment when I went and got the mail! I got a letter today telling me that Marissa now has insurance and has had it since June 1, 2008. So now I am hoping that I will get the letter for Brandon and Logan tomorrow in the mail. And if that is the case, then I will be on the phone with the pediatricians office to schedule Brandon in the ENT, asap!

Oh yeah......I stepped on the scale this morning. I am sitting at 228.8!!

Sassy~ I have been thinking about you all day.

SuzieQ~ Hmmmm......what can we fight about? Me and Tommy had an argument last night, so I will have to get back to you on what we can fight about. LOL Tommy made himself ramon noodles, eggs with scallions and I think that was it. I had some fish with some tartar sauce, and the boys had pepperoni hot pockets. Marissa had some kind of toddler meal.

Francie~ I love your hair!!!!! I am going to go for short cause I love how easy it is to take care of, especially only getting about 5 minutes in the shower before one or more kids comes and pulls the curtain back. I have three tattoos........I want more, but I don't think I would be brave enough to get one on my neck. I know one for sure that I am getting done is a friendship tattoo with two of my bestest friends. (I have pics on myspace of all of my tattoos, and I think even Tommy's)

Katy~ We just hit the start of our second week in Phase 1 yesterday, so we have one more week, and then we can move into Phase 2 if we feel comfortable. In phase 2 you can start to add the fruit and starches and crabs back in, but they tell you to start adding them in gradually so that you don't shock your system basically. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I am in no way an expert, but I have learned a lot in the past week.

I am not sure when I will be getting my chili that I am craving, since for the rest of the week, leading into the weekend, it is going to be hotter then normal! It is going to be 91 today, 92 tomorrow, 91 Friday, 87 Saturday, and I think it said 86 for Sunday. So, we will be at the pool A LOT!!!

tommysgirl18
07-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Cristina~ you snuck in on me! SBD is going well. we had a little falling out yesterday when we were trying to figure out what to make for dinner. He told me that he was quitting since all he could eat was chicken or fish. then he went for a walk to cool down. He came back home and said "let me see what I can find for more options and I will think about it." He never did look for more options, BUT he is at least back on track today.

FrouFrou
07-16-2008, 04:29 PM
MINDEE...:woohoo: to 128.8!!! You are doing GREAT! I think I am needing a pool day. Took Cambrie Monday morning and the water was soooo freaking cold we didn't stay long. Thinking I want to go though, it's been too hot.

P.S. Glad Tommy is back on track today!

tommysgirl18
07-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Cristina~ I will be ecstatic when I hit the 128.8 mark! The pool water was really cold when we went in the first time a couple weeks ago. But with all the heat from the sun it has warmed up the pool some.

suetalks
07-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Mindee...Just had to laugh about (a typo)...of crabs for carbs. LOL...Well, some do eat crabs, but I knew that was not what you meant.

wildthing
07-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Ok. Today I will catch up on idys. Maybe it wont go aways this time.

Francie- I love your hair!!! I must feel so different. I have naturally curly hair and I cant stand having it on my neck. I am trying to let it grow out because I think it would look really good if I were thin. We will see. What do you want to get on your neck? I have one on my back. I was suppose to get real fit after that. I got it fro my 21st birthday because I didnt want to go out and get drunk but I still wanted to go out with a bang. Its a type of irish cross. I got it because I wanted something that dealt with my faith and my heritage. I love it!! I will try to post a picture.

Katy- WTG on your knitting job. You are far more dedicated than I am. I really wanted to learn to crochet this year. It was my new years resolution. I might still learn it. Its really hard!!

Jules- Dont feel bad about not leanding out that much money. It sure sound like you have had a bit of drama!!! If she didnt help you and you arnt really in a position to help then oh well. I hate it when people try to guilt trip me.

Sassy- I hope you have a safe trip!! I will still be praying for you!

Susan- Yes I am feeling a bit better. Thanksyou!! I will def be more careful Sunday. Way to go on the 228.8!!! Before you know it you will be in onederland.

Cristina- I really want chili now!!! Its close to a 100 here but it still sounds really good. I am doing much better today!! How are you!?

So I havent had any weight loss since my last pound. I was pretty discouraged. I had been eating couscous alot. Like sometimes twice a day. I thought the box said that a whole cup was 220. Its did but it meant dry. Cooked it was only a third of a cup. That means I was having almost 2000 cal in just 2 meals!! No wonder I wasnt loosing weight!!! I feel so much better now!! I thought I was just getting now where for now reason. I was so realieved. Now I can get back on track and watch much closer what I am eating. I probaby wont make my goal because I am a week behind. I dont know if I can loose 11 pounds by the 1st. I can try i guess but I doubt it. However.....normally I would of fallen off the wagon a few days ago but I thought Maybe its muscle.....I knew there had to be something. Since I did I found out what the something was. Phew. I am def ready to go now. Maybe Andrew will let me have and extention on my outfit goal date. I mean it was a honest mistake!!! I shall ask him when we talk on Saturday. Well ladies.....I will chat with you later!!

wildthing
07-16-2008, 07:40 PM
Mindee-

Here is my tattoo!

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h161/march1187/?action=view&current=DSC02695.jpg

Mom2Gaby
07-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Mindee- omg, girl! If Cristina has you at 128.8 go with it! :carrot:

Cristina - Ok, missy.....go get some rest, btw I am 130.2. yay.

lol

When someone gets to 128.8 we are all getting together for chili and cornbread!

:bravo: Mindee , btw. Congrats too on the medical, I know how scary that is when you are waiting. I finally got Gab on medical ((after being without for 6 months))and she has her first appt's coming up in a few weeks.

Cristina - Doesn't chili sound good? Hope you get some sleep, I am going to take Rach clear across town tonght just so I can get some sleep. Ya, doesn't that Susan doll look like me?? ....I think she is kind of dainty, which I have never been. McD thinks I am petite *eyes roll*....I just laughed on that and wondered what base he was hoping to get to...*snicker*
btw - we did get the 6 year olds together yesterday, took a pic of them sun bathing, so when he sends it over I will try to post. Funny both girls had melt downs last night, just too much going on, have to keep it simple w/ little ones.

Francie- psssst , I love Shopaholic books. I think it would be a good read at the beach. I love Becky , she makes me feel responsible. lol I thought your neck was hurting last week or so??

Sue - :wave:

just skimming.....I have to get dinner for Gaby....bbl

Mom2Gaby
07-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Asia - You snuck in while I was chatting. Sorry about the misreading of the label, at least you caught it, right? :)

psssst, I am in onederland...lol :)

jules1216
07-16-2008, 08:07 PM
SuzyQ-from the pics I have seen of the Pacific NW, I really could fall in love with it. I doubt Ry is ever going to come back to the East Coast except to visit. Teri's friend Norman is up and helping her pack, he gives really good advice and has always been there for her. He's a really nice guy so of course she could never date him.....the have been friends for over two years since he moved here from NY.

Sassy--I am really feeling your pain, I wish I could come give you a big hug.

Asia--I LOVE the tattoo. I really would love to be able to help out mil and sil, but my bank account lives from direct deposit to direct deposit...MIL has really screwed us over in a lot of other ways too. My hubby and son haven't talked to her in like 3 years because some of the pure evil things she has done.

Sue--hey there...

Mindee--you are doing so wonderful--keep it up even if Tommy quits--maybe you will inspire him. My hubby gets grumbly when he does his idea of dieting--which is to starve himself!!

Crisitna--she says she just wishes Dominic would have a different father. Everything is almost down packing. She says she is just tired of the drama with Dave even though he will be in her life the rest of Dominic's life. SHe wants him to get out of jail and get a schedule of visitation set up and child support going (if he even can get a job) SHe hates him, but she wants Dominic to know himand make his own judgement when he gets older...

Francie--when is the move to Maryland?? glad your neck is feeling better..

Katy--I guess I am joining your slept like crap last night club!!

Well hubby came in and wants to look on the internet!!

Shopaholic1204
07-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Cristina~The guy cut off my thick hair with an electric razor. I thought that was so weird!! LoL!! It totally tickled too. My hair doesnt feel as thick anymore, thank goodness for that, lol. I wanna get a lily on my neck. Something like this... http://www.flickr.com/photos/marilka/2348331254/ I sort of want it going down my neck. Does that make any sense?

Mindee~Well..I have tattoos on both of my wrists..and I want one on my ankle. So I think I'm going for all the places that would hurt me the most, LOL!!! Thats so cool that you & your best friends are gonna get tattoos. What are you guys gonna get? My friend Heather has 2 stars on her neck, so I should ask her if hers hurt at all. Of course, I'm not gonna get any tattoos until after we move. But man..I really really really want one now!!

Asia~Oh wow..I LOVE your tattoo!! Did that hurt at all?? My friend Bridget has a back tattoo and she said it didnt hurt at all, lol. It goes from one shoulder to the other. But Fonzo just got 2 sparrows on both shoulder blades and he said it hurt. But he's boney, lol. Is that your only one?

Susan~I'm afraid to become Becky. LoL!! I'm pretty close though. My neck was hurting. Oh God, it was hurting so much. The pain is mostly gone now. It was more on the left side. I can still feel it when I try to bend my head to the left, but its not as bad. At least I can pop my neck now..I couldnt do that last week.

Jules~The move will be happening after Aug. 12th!!

So we went to the Tacoma Mall today. I had a ton of cash that was burning up my wallet and I wanted to spend it all on clothes!! But I couldn't find anything that I liked. Everything at Torrid sucked!!!!!!!!! There was nada at Lane Bryant..and I didnt see anything at any of the department stores either. I'm seriously bumbed out. I really wanted to buy some freakin clothes, and for once..Fonzo was gonna along with it, lol. I'm not usually a difficult shopper..so I dunno what happened. The clothes looked so much better at Torrid online than they did in the store. How weird is that? The only thing I bought was 2 books from the bookstore. But ya can't wear books now can ya? Grrrrrr

tommysgirl18
07-17-2008, 12:46 AM
well, like usual, my plans didn't go like I thought they would. while Tommy was making dinner, it started to storm like you wouldn't believe! the power went out twice during this time. in fact, it is still raining outside now, but the storms, they say, are over with.

Sue~ LOL I didn't even catch it......but my kids were also being crabs at the time that I wrote it, so I was probably talking about them. LOL

Asia~ that is a great tattoo! I am Irish and German. Tommy is Irish, German, and two different tribes of Native Americans. So, he has said that he wants to get something for all three. Right now, he has a leprechaun with a rainbow for his Irish heritage. He is looking at something tribal for his native American side.

SuzieQ~ We have been trying to play it safe and if they got hurt we were praying that it wasn't something that we would have to take them into the hospital or something. I do know that I have to call and get them into a medical plan, and hopefully that won't take forever! Thanks for the bravo! I told Tommy that I had lost some more weight, and he said "good job!" right now he is bugging for me to make him some peanut butter cookies.....I told him that if I didn't make them tonight, then I will make them on Thursday.

Jules~ I think that is every guys idea of a diet! Tommy came home from work and told me that a lady that he works with said for me to do the Special K diet and I will lose a lot of weight with that. I said "I will keep up with SBD and if it ends up not working out for me, then I will try it." He is worried about having to buy all the special food that you have to eat. I said "there is no special food to eat. We can go back to adding our regular stuff in different form and to watch the portions." then he mumbled something about me always dismissing his ideas and such. that was when I told him about stepping on the scale and being down in weight......so it more or less shut him up.

Francie~ We haven't all sat down in the same room to discuss it, but one of the girls told me that she would get it done. we haven't really tossed around ideas. But I am sure that we will find something that we all agree on or if we can remember any kind of "special" or inside joke kind of thing that would work as one, then we would probably get that. which reminds me, I probably should send them a message about it.

hello to every body that I missed.....I am just putzing around online and finishing up my email.

wildthing
07-17-2008, 01:09 AM
Susan- I could of sworn that I read somewhere that you just weighed in at 228.8. I am really sorry!!!!!

Sassy_Chick
07-17-2008, 05:01 AM
Hi all,

Well its all done. It was very simple, as my Grandpa wanted it and he was a very simple, honest and kind man. :)

I saw all my relatives that I haven't seen in forever, including my bio. father and we did speak and were civil. (we have never been close) I got to see my relatives from the south that we don't get to see that often. I took a picture with all of them since I never get to see them that often. Put it this way, I was still in HS the last time I saw them!

I also saw old neighbors of mine who their mom used to watch me when I was a kid and I had a huge crush on the oldest when I was in like 1st or 2nd grade! I even remember once giving him an eraser (you know the big kind) for his bday once! :rolleyes: OMG What a Goofball I was!!! :lol3: And of course he spoke to me, couldn't just ignore me, oh no! lol. He came up, shook my hand and asked, "Do you remember me?" I was like um yeah I remember you. lol. Then he's like, "Remember the old days?" and smiled. lol. I was like "yup" lol. OMG isn't it embarrassing :o when confronted with things like that? lol. Plus you have all your relatives yapping away about how cute you were when you were "little" blah, blah......:blah: lol.

My Aunt had a small dinner at her house after and we stopped by and talked to everyone, then left. For one, it was hotter than Haiti's outside (90 degrees at the very minimum), my Aunt had everything outside, and I was wearing a long-sleeved shirt and pants and two, my DH had not slept yet. (he worked Tuesday night into Wed. morning)

So we figured we could come down later on and visit longer with the relatives who live in Indiana. I spent a lot of time with my Aunt and cousins who I haven't seen in a long time and probably won't see for a long time.

Anyways, everything is done and I'm glad. I was really really dreading it. Now my Grandfather is at rest and with my Grandma again. ;)

FrouFrou
07-17-2008, 10:38 AM
DON'T POST HERE! Please and thank you :D

Head on over to BIK 151...see ya there! :wave: