100 lb. Club - What foods do you crave during PMS?

fiberlover
07-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Are there any specific foods you crave during PMS? And is it the same every month?

I crave salty stuff. Always. Never sweet stuff, which seems to be what most people crave. So, things like chips, popcorn and especially chicken wings!

I try to satisfy the cravings with soy crisps. I found a good white cheddar one that does the trick pretty nicely.

OnceUponADrive
07-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Chocolate and pizza...but I crave those all the time so I guess that doesn't count. Haha.

Smiling_Sara
07-08-2008, 12:51 PM
I crave salt too. but also sweets at times. PMS is a hard time to stay away from these things.

BTW, LOVE the new avatar fiber!

kaplods
07-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Chocolate and red meat (and lots and lots of it). Hubby literally would bring home burgers and chocolate (without being asked) as peace offerings. He'd call it "meat week" and would tease me (not during meat week, he knew better) that he'd toss a burger at me to distract me, so I wouldn't attack. It sounds very codependent of him to bring me burgers, especially when I didn't ask, but I do understand. My moodswings were so BAD, he was more than a little afraid of me. He was keeping better track of when my period was due than i was. Since I've changed my bc, we've both been alot happier (and he never brings home burgers anymore, yeah!)

Oddly, I find neither chocolate or red meat particularly appealing the rest of the month. In fact, my PMS, moodswings, and cravings were so severe that I started eliminating TOM altoghether by stacking my bc (skipping the placebo week by just starting a new pack at week four rather than at the start of week five).

Without getting rid of TOM and finding low carb, I don't think I would have been able to lose much if any of the weight I've lost.

TJFitnessDiva
07-08-2008, 01:02 PM
I crave chocolate! ugh lol

MaNdA22
07-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I crave it all...chocolate (reeses cups specifically) cheeseburgers....cheesesteaks ...french fries...ice cream..pizza

xpressyaself22
07-08-2008, 01:15 PM
I've always craved salty foods and chocolate, especially chips and salsa, and chocolate ice cream

Marathon Mom
07-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Chocolate, chocolate and then I crave chocolate. I've eaten chocolate chips, chocolate jimmies, raided my kids candy bags, you name it...

Lyn2007
07-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Salt. I used to actually sit and eat two entire CANS of Pringles, with Coke, during PMS. Serious.

During this weight loss journey, when I am dying for salt I have sometimes roasted kale or green beans and salted them to cure the craving. I know salt isn't the greatest, but it's like the craving is unbearable. Once when I didn;t have kale or beans, I wanted salt so bad that I actually sat and licked a small pile of salt out of my hand. Ugh.

H8cake
07-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Chocolate!!! It's my downfall, which is really bad since I work in a bakery. I've broken the habit of sticking it in my mouth at work. I do have skinny cow ice cream at home to look forward to. I don't feel like I'm so deprived that way. I used to eat one every night actually, but now it's mostly during pms.

WarMaiden
07-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Used to, I really craved baked goods containing chocolate and lots of sugar and fat--brownies, chocolate-chip cookies. However, I don't seem to have PMS cravings anymore since eliminating sugar from my diet. Any cravings I have seem to come at random points in my cycle, and appear to be more triggered by the timing of my food and whether I'm eating too many carbs--if I delay my morning meal and snack, I start to get serious carby cravings and true hunger, or if I just overindulge in carbs at a meal, that triggers cravings.

bfvgirlplayer
07-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Gummi Worms, I know it is weird. It has to be Publix brand Gummi Worms or it wont do anything for me. And of course CHOCOLATE and movie popcorn. They have to be eaten together.

JulieJ08
07-08-2008, 04:14 PM
I don't get a particular craving so much, I just have a couple constantly hungry days.

BrandNewJen
07-08-2008, 04:37 PM
I am a baked goods bandit----

It takes all my willpower not to bake up a big batch of hot steaming ooey gooey chocolate chip cookies when I'm craving real bad!

::drool::

lala229
07-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Chocolate and salt. Chocolate covered pretzels are my perfect pms food!

WarMaiden
07-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Chocolate and salt. Chocolate covered pretzels are my perfect pms food!

Oh man, I used to LOVE those. I really need to invent Splenda-sweetened chocolate-covered whole-wheat pretzels :D

ZedAus
07-08-2008, 09:35 PM
TWICE a month (ovulation and TOM) I seem to get cravings. Mostly for nuts now, because that is something I love, but limit. Maybe that is the problem. It is probably just psychological with me. Maybe I should limit celery for most of the time, then perhaps I would crave THAT when hormones struck. I have a feeling that this wouldn't work, but it was worth the thought.

To be honest though, I think that for a couple of days, twice a month, I just want to eat CONSTANTLY. I actually surprise myself, as I normally have good control over simple cravings. At these times though, I have actually SEARCHED for food at work. Sad huh?

Glory87
07-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Steak steak and steak. Sometimes hamburger.

THE Heather
07-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Man oh man. Cheeseburgers, with the works, Buffalo wings, Ranch flavored anything, and chip, fries, and more chips and fries.

Mmmmm. Good thing I'm no where near a fast food restaurant!

Ookpik
07-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Funny, I'm going through this right now! Muffins are my downfall...every month, chocolate chip muffins, but any kind of muffin will do if CC ones are unavailable!

lalique
07-09-2008, 03:10 AM
Chocolate. My favorite, Reese's.
And salty stuff... Chips with cheese & salad dip...

But then again, I splurg on that stuff all month long, not just during that TOM.

tamaralynn
07-09-2008, 09:40 AM
C H O C O L A T E - otherwise I'm a salty fan.

Soy Crisps?? I can't find those anywhere anymore - I loved them!!!!

Sgirl
07-09-2008, 09:59 AM
I crave what's put infront of me. Both salty and sweet. B4 losing weight I could eat a can of Pringles and a chocolate bar in one sitting. Now the idea grosses me out. I find if I munch on vegetables the craving usually subsides

SoulBliss
07-09-2008, 10:22 AM
I crave salty crunchy fatty spicy. Potato chips and fries!!!

C H O C O L A T E - otherwise I'm a salty fan.

Soy Crisps?? I can't find those anywhere anymore - I loved them!!!!

Does www.amazon.com ship to you? They sell them by the case!

Oh, maybe that's not as helpful as I intend it to be. :o :lol:

Jolly Molly
07-09-2008, 12:39 PM
chips and french fries followed by something chocolatey to balance out all the salt.

xxxtine
07-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Um...The questions is what DONT I crave.

I crave chips and dip (Salsa, onion, cheese) and chocolate....oh and Pizza....oh and fried clams oh....and pastries.

BWUAHAHAHAHAHA

fiberlover
07-09-2008, 01:54 PM
I've got to quit reading this thread......

:drool:

AmberShimmer
07-09-2008, 04:29 PM
I crave lots of fatty food (could be salty or sweet). But mostly it's usually sweet. When I was about 13, my PMS were horrendous and so were my cravings. We used to get unpasteurized milk (straight from the cow) and we had to boil it before we could drink it. So we'd boil it and then put it in the fridge and it would develop this really thick cream on top. I used to love picking the cream off, adding it to some toast and sprinkling some sugar to it. I used to love that stuff...

Now I drink stuff like chocolate milk, or chocolate pudding. Even cheesecake. Anything sweet but fattening will do.

Of course now, that has to change. What with me trying to lose weight and all...

Hopefulpinkangel
07-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Salty Carbs!