South Beach Diet - Torrid Tuesday's Beach Chat

View Full Version : Torrid Tuesday's Beach Chat

cottagebythesea
07-08-2008, 07:22 AM
Good morning! It's a 3-H kind of day, and the humidity is intolerable already. I had a great time at my DD's, although she took a nasty fall down her porch steps that resulted in a broken thumb and badly sprained wrist. :( So she'll be in a cast for most of the summer, which is a real bummer, but it could have been worse. But we did go see "Les Mis", and it was phenomenal. Probably the best show I've ever seen! I got back late yesterday afternoon, in time to get ready to take Jake out for a nice dinner to celebrate his birthday. :)

This morning I have a hairdresser's appointment, and since it's near a mall, I think I'll indulge in a mall-crawl afterwards. I'm thoroughly enjoying my "staycation" so far! :)

Ruthxxx
07-08-2008, 07:42 AM
"Staycation"! I love it! Bummer about DD's fall. Casts are itchy in summer. Hug Jake and enjoy your day.

Yesterday was a good day in all ways as I got the judging done, finished quilt borders and had a lovely relaxed dinner at sister Joan's place. She served a great ww pasta dish, salad and strawberries and yogurt so I stayed on track. I can adjust my tracker again today. :cheer:

We have a HHH day coming up - real summer at last. I have some new plants to bung in over at the Fairground and will try to do that first thing this morning. Then the rest of the day can be inside my AC house. Hersh and I do have to go out at 5 to do pet therapy and then will come home and grill chicken and veggies. I love my new BBQ!

How torrid is your Tuesday? Are there some parts you can share? ;)

indigal
07-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Hey Cottage and Ruth! It's been a lounging kinda day for me. I hoped to be productive and organize and dejunk my home office... well the day is 2/3 finished... getting my dishes washed was about as productive as it's been! My jaw pain comes and goes... lucky ibuprofen numbs the pain!

Cottage... have fun doing your mall crawl... "staycation"... I can relate.

Ruth... What fun! I love BBQ's

The rest of ya chickies... Have a great day!

TwynnB
07-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Good morning chicks!

Cottage- Les Mis. Sigh! I'm jealous!

Ruth - Congrats on the ticker move! Enjoy the AC...I know I will!

Indigal - Hope the day is productive....well, if you want it to be :D

Me - Longer day at work today, and last time I checked, it'll be really busy. I've realized this is the 4th day of a fever, and I should look into going to the doctor. So, I'm afraid I'm going to be exhausted by tonight! Nothing else exciting though.... except for hiding from the heat!

Hope you all are well!!

KO
07-08-2008, 08:47 AM
A very early Morning!
I was @ work at 6:30 Pass the :coffee:
Cottage Ouch for DD but Sigh! Le Mis My sis used to have the music and we'd sing it all over the house (she'd sing I'd kinda screech) Staycation sounds dreamy!
Ruth that dinner sounds great! Yay on the tracker!
Indi and Twyn please take care of yourselves!!
Me: I think I'm going to reverse into Ph 1 after my foods gone. Right now I have everything automated for the week so I'll work in reverse a bit
Working BECK (slowly) has really been helping the way I think!

little chick
07-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Morning chicks, I have about 2.5 seconds on the computer as the kids are lined up waiting for there turn. :lol: I never get computer time in the summer.
Eating has been terrible and I feel like heck.
My day is going to be busy organizing for a bit, my dad is coming home on friday and I can't wait. It has been two years since I have seen him. My girls are pretty excited as well. He is staying with us for a month.
Cottage your day sounds fab
Ruth you are ever so busy, glad you had a great time at your sisters.
indi have fun organzing.
Twynn hope your work day flies by.
KO I need to get the Beck book. Did you order yours online?
Well must dash they are over my shoulder waiting their turn. Off to tidy the kitchen.

ladybugnessa
07-08-2008, 08:59 AM
oh Cottage so sorry about your DD

hi all... scale is up.. IBS is flaring.

yesterday DH started his treatment for lympaedema and i dont' think he will finish... it's rather difficult and he will have to wear ugly leg garments daily and at night for the rest of his life. really sad... and he's angry. oh well... his choice. right now the way he is i wish he would just go away. far away. forever. but he won't so i figure out how to make this work.

yesterday DH spilled tea on his laptop so we took it to best buy to get it repaired.... it has a contract. i asked if they had a WII. they did. and a WII FIT and YES I GOT BOTH!

it rocks. my ankle is killing me but it was so much fun to do....

ok must work.

indigal
07-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Okay.... KO what's Beck? I assume your not talking about the beer or the muscian... Though either one of those could effect the way one thinks!

TwynnB... I'm over the hump of attempts of being productive for the day.... And working hard to keep it as unproductive as I can! :) as I go into the evening hours!

phxsunflower
07-08-2008, 09:28 AM
good morning all

Cottage what is the 3rd H for? I get hot and humid(we have that here). Staycation is what we are doing this summer kids are to busy to get any time away.

Ruth-enjoy the AC. Does Disney go yet with you and Hershey for the visits or is she in training?

Indigal and TwynnB- Hope your day gets you feeling better.

KO- that is what I am doing this week. Stepping back and trying to get the vege intake back up.

Littlechick- I have the same problem with the kids. Wish they would do the cleaning up first and then look for the computer.

Nessa-WOW you get to work early..

for me it is still swimming and the kids are going to be upset today because I just saw what time it was...I gotta go have a great day and a safe one.

GONNABE165
07-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Good Morning!

Cottage sorry about DD

Enjoy your day Ruth

Twynn I hope all is well with the fever

Nessa enjoy wii fit i hear it's great

Haven't goy my test results back from doc and I'm still feeling fatigued and blood pressure has been going from real low to real high with lil to no inbetween. Today I feel like I could just sleep.

femmecreole
07-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Quick hey and fly by...running kind of late. Did the Jillian Micheals 30 day shred this morning for the first time...OMG. huff, puff...I am pouring buckets.
need to hop in the tub and get on the road for chores..

Pacergal29
07-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Quick check in for me, very busy day today as I only worked half a day yesterday because I had to pick DS up at the airport at 11 returning from his 10 day stint in DC. Got to work at 2 and needless to say it is hard to start your day then when you are supposed to be on the downside of the day.

Nessa I am so freaking jealous you got a wii fit!!! I have been trying for weeks to find one. We went to Toys R Us Sunday and they had received 8 and sold them via lottery! UGH!

Trying real hard to get the eating back in check this week, Sunday I was over my redline, and even though I know much of it was water from all the crap I ate Saturday it was still scary to see a number I haven't seen since August!

Gotta run, have a great day ladies!

ladybugnessa
07-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Nessa-WOW you get to work early..

for me it is still swimming and the kids are going to be upset today because I just saw what time it was...I gotta go have a great day and a safe one.

actually I got here at 7 which is later than I like.

have fun swimming

ladybugnessa
07-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Quick check in for me, very busy day today as I only worked half a day yesterday because I had to pick DS up at the airport at 11 returning from his 10 day stint in DC. Got to work at 2 and needless to say it is hard to start your day then when you are supposed to be on the downside of the day.

Nessa I am so freaking jealous you got a wii fit!!! I have been trying for weeks to find one. We went to Toys R Us Sunday and they had received 8 and sold them via lottery! UGH!

Trying real hard to get the eating back in check this week, Sunday I was over my redline, and even though I know much of it was water from all the crap I ate Saturday it was still scary to see a number I haven't seen since August!

Gotta run, have a great day ladies!

check best buy that's where we got ours.

zeffryn
07-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Morning, girls :)

Cottage - sorry to hear about DD's wrist. Casts - especially in summer - are no fun.

Ruth - Congrats on the scale moving :)

Indigirl - I can definitely relate to that feeling!

Twynn - feel better, girl. Stay cool!

KO - Beck is a really great system.

Little Chick - and that is reason 398,984 to have our own computers. Thank god. Have fun with the kiddos today.

Nessa - IBS - icky. Feel better. Congrats on the Wii and Wii fit! I'm so jealous. What exactly does DH have and what is the treatment for it? Doesn't sound fun.

Phxsunflower - have fun swimming! What a great thing on a hot day!

gonnebe - Here's to the doctors figuring out what is the problem - and quickly! Feel better.

--

I have an OB appointment this afternoon. I'm going to try and get DH to go to lunch with me before the appointment, but he said he is pretty busy today with dissertation revisions...so, we'll see.

I finally got the kick in the pants I needed to actually clean yesterday. I don't know if I'm just starting to feel the lesser fatigue of second trimester or what, but I cleaned all day yesterday. I had been doing just the bare minimums for quite some time. It feels so much better! I still have a bit to do - bathrooms, master bedroom and spare bedroom (cleaning the closet) but hopefully I'll be able to get that knocked out in the next few days. I also have a ton of laundry to fold. I would gladly pay someone to do that job for me....it is easily my least favorite job of all time. Thank god for sparkling wood floors - they were looking so dingy.

Last night was nephew's championship little leaque game. There was a bad call on the officials behalf that cost them the game...they were really disappointed, but at least they made it to the championships - out of 12 teams, that is quite a feat! Went out for pizza to celebrate - regretted it later even though I had a veggie pizza. Heartburn kept me up all night :(

Have a great day, ladies!

zeffryn
07-08-2008, 10:14 AM
As far as the Wii's go, our Best Buy and Walmart have them all the time.

hmacneil6
07-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Morning Ladies!!! Happy Tuesday!

Cottage - So glad you liked Les Mis. Like I said, it's probably my very favorite musical. I LOVE all of the music and the story is just so fantastic. I think I cried through the entire show the first time I saw it. Enjoy being home, have a great day!

Ruth - What is a 3-H day? I get that one of the H's stands for humidity, but what do the other stand for???? Enjoy your a/c and have fun w/ Hershey at pet therapy.

Indigal - Hope your jaw is feeling better when you wake up (on Wednesday). Sleep well!

Twynnb - Four days with a fever.....you should get into a doctor and soon. At least try and stay indoors today.

KO - Good luck heading into Phase 1.

l/c - How fun that your Father's spending a month with you. That'll be a great time!

Nessa - Sorry to hear that things are sour in your neck of the woods. Hopefully dh will understand the importance of getting through this therapy and will work it. Hang in there!

Phxsunflower - Enjoy the pool. Sounds like a great way to spend the day.

Gonnabe - Hope the test results come in soon and everything looks good.

Cat - Hope you're having fun with all of your "projects"! That Jillian will kick your arse.....won't she?!?!?!

Steph - Congrats on maintaining as long as you have. So glad to hear that your DS is back and safe from DC. Enjoy catching up with him.

Zeff - Posting the same time.....Have a good Dr.'s appointment today. And great job on getting the house picked up. Care to send some of that enthusiasm my way???

Kim & Schmoodle - Thanks for the kind words yesterday. I really appreciate the encouragement.

Me - The scale is back down today.....I swear the fluctuation just drives me kookoo some times! I did a different dance workout today and I'm still cooling down from it. It wasn't super hard, but it was definately face paced cardio. Lots of fun! Quiet day today, not much to report. We've got a potluck at work, so I'm bringing a salad that I know I can eat, if nothing else.
Have a fantastic Tuesday, Ladies!!!
ENJOY!

chipper15173
07-08-2008, 10:47 AM
morn all;
everyone busy bout their day already this morning.
ladybug: don't you just love your wii fit. i got mine a week ago and loovvee it. here it is hard to find. watch the sunday ads and than be there when they open. that's how my dd got hers. i just happen to catch a late delivery truck at target. he had three and five people were on their way, first come first serve. i wore my heart rate montor with it yesterday, did 45 mins burned 535 cals. i'll take that. favs are step, and boxing.
off to shower.
chipper

Schmoodle
07-08-2008, 10:53 AM
See what happens when I sleep in? The chicks are up early and clucking away this morning! Not me, I didn't sleep well, so got up a little late and playing catch up with the morning chores.
Last night we went to the pool and took a couple of neighbor kids, and other neighbor kids were already there, so the kids had a blast and I had a nice visit with the moms. So I got in a swim AND a 4 mi WATP and I'm feeling virtuous today. Scale is behaving, but I have put him back up under the tub because I've noticed that I'm so anxious to see a number starting in 17 that I've been weighing too much.
Today, DD2 has plans to go to a friend's and sleep over, DS probably plans to loaf, play video games, and play with the neighbor, and DD1 is off work today so will probably harass me all day. Otherwise quiet around here (I hope).
cottage, poor DD! I didn't realize you hadn't seen Les Mis before, it is a great show. Enjoy the mall - find some good stuff!
indi, hope your jaw feels better - isn't TMJ from grinding? I get that sometimes when I'm stressed. Beck is the Beck Diet System, it's a book that guides you through cognitive therapy to help conquer overeating. There is a forum here on 3fc, and some of the chicks have used it in conjunction with SBD. I tried it, but it was too much work for me.
Have a lovely day Ruth!
KO, glad you are having success with Beck. I know Nessa likes it too.
Twynn, 4 days of fever, you'd better get that checked out - something is going on! :hug: Feel better soon!
lc, a visit with dad after two years! You must be excited.
Nessa, DD2 has been campaigning for that Wii Fit. Everyone I know that has it loves it. Give us a review when you have a chance? My DH decided to ignore the situation when he was diagnosed with type II diabetes. That didn't work out too well for him, and I still have to stay on him about his medication and stuff. Thank goodness for SBD which has been a huge help in that department. Men!
Stephanie, hope your long day passes quickly.
Cat, have a good one!
Gonna, hope you figure out what is going on soon. BTW, I love your avatar also! Cute couple.
Have a great day phxsunflower!
All the chicks that aren't feeling well, feel better soon!
Hmac, forgot to tell you yesterday how much I like your new avatar. You look great! Oh, hot, humid, and hazy, I think...
Happy cleaning zeff! I hate doing it, but love it when it's done. Like Ruth, I think I need staff.

Schmoodle
07-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Hi chipper, it took me ages to write that book, so we simulposted! Another Wii Fit fan! I haven't heard one person say a bad thing about it, gonna have to watch around here and get myself one. One question, do you need a lot of room to do it? We don't have a lot of open space in the TV room.

pookynutt
07-08-2008, 11:33 AM
I love our wiii! The bowling is awesome. i saw that it has a yoga game....haven't gotten it, but looks intriguing. hope everyone has superb day!

JessieW
07-08-2008, 11:33 AM
I watched my cousins play WiiFit all day on Friday--it looked like a lot of fun. I was too scared that I'd fall off on my face--that baby belly sure messes up your balance. :) One of my cousins is 32 weeks pregnant and she took a good nosedive onto the floor. We have a Wii and I asked DH about maybe getting the WiiFit after baby is born, but he didn't think he'd play it much. I will have to decide if I would.

I came back from Ohio sick, sick, sick, and spent yesterday in bed. Came in today because I have an OB appointment at 11:30...I have to take my glucose test, which I am not excited about. But afterwards I'm just going home and back to bed. I didn't sleep much after about 3:30 this morning because I was coughing my lungs up. Wonder if the doctor will give me an OK on some meds I can take...I took one or two Sudafed but then got worried about it.

Kim_Star060404
07-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Hey everyone - quick run-in for me. I had a disaster at the house during lunch yesterday (34 oz. of olive oil exploded in the kitchen), so I'm catching up on work this morning.

Feeling great on D2 of P1 - on plan and feeling energized! Tonight we're going to see Hulk, so it's leftover Meatball Casserole for dinner. Yum!

Have a great day!

~Kim

zeffryn
07-08-2008, 11:41 AM
I watched my cousins play WiiFit all day on Friday--it looked like a lot of fun. I was too scared that I'd fall off on my face--that baby belly sure messes up your balance. :) One of my cousins is 32 weeks pregnant and she took a good nosedive onto the floor. We have a Wii and I asked DH about maybe getting the WiiFit after baby is born, but he didn't think he'd play it much. I will have to decide if I would.

I came back from Ohio sick, sick, sick, and spent yesterday in bed. Came in today because I have an OB appointment at 11:30...I have to take my glucose test, which I am not excited about. But afterwards I'm just going home and back to bed. I didn't sleep much after about 3:30 this morning because I was coughing my lungs up. Wonder if the doctor will give me an OK on some meds I can take...I took one or two Sudafed but then got worried about it.
Sorry you're not feeling well.

Try Tylenol cold...my doc gave it the ok.

Have fun with the glucose test, and be sure to bring a book. It gets boring sitting there for an hour waiting for your body to absorb the sugar drink.

Slimmin Patty
07-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Good morning,

I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing :o

I've been on South Beach for a couple months and enjoy the diet, but didn't think I was getting my moneys worth for their on-line.

GONNABE165
07-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Schmoodle thanks for the avatar compliment. WATP videos my mom bought me 2 for my bday and I just love theone i've been doing (3miles)

Jessie I hope you feel better real soon

Hiya Kim I bet that was some kind of mess to clean up - enjoy the Hulk

Schmoodle
07-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Hi Slimmin Patty and :welcome:
I've never done the SBD online, but I can tell you that the info and support are great here! Lots of experienced and knowledgeable (did I spell that right?) chicks and tons of great recipes and ideas.

rebel
07-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Hi, all. I slept REALLY late, just got up! I took a vacation day from work, but I really didn't intend to sleep in!
I've been lurking but haven't really re-started P1. I've always - for the last few years, since I did SBD for real - eaten a P2 breakfast and lunch. it's just snacks and dinner and dessert that get me ;)
Today's my dd's 11th birthday, and I have to get ready for a last minute poorly planned birthday party this afternoon. 8 tween girls!

GONNABE165
07-08-2008, 12:11 PM
I'm a bit confused as the lady from the doc office called and asked if I had taken a pregnancy test yet I told her no as I just had TOM on Thursday and it lasted 3 days and besides that my dh has been fixed and she still recommended I take an at home test - this is way over my head. Whats a girl to do?

Hello Patty & welcome.

Belle Mer
07-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Good morning to everyone!

Day 2 of Phase 1 for me. So far, so good. I sort of overdosed on eggs when I did SBD before, and I still haven't gotten my "taste" back for them, but I'll keep experimenting with different recipes.

I had a minor accident last week and injured my foot, so I won't be doing my regular walking routine until that clears up

I write during the day, so that is what I'll be doing today, besides giving the dog a bath, cleaning up the house, and cooking.

Hope everyone has a great day!

ladybugnessa
07-08-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm a bit confused as the lady from the doc office called and asked if I had taken a pregnancy test yet I told her no as I just had TOM on Thursday and it lasted 3 days and besides that my dh has been fixed and she still recommended I take an at home test - this is way over my head. Whats a girl to do?

Hello Patty & welcome.

so POAS*

*pee on a stick

and see if your preggers.

SAnativegirl
07-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Hey girls-I'm back (again)
I started Phase 1 today.
I even walked 35 minutes-yeah!
It's been 2 months since the layoff and I'm tired of being down and bored. So, I will be following SB and walking and will start feeling productive soon. I thought I had a jb but they gave it to someone else. I will keep looking but at least collecting unemployment. Off to grocery store. Hey we just a99 cent store by our house that sells food! I bought a pkg of romaine hearts and a bag of Dole lettuce.
thnaks again for support-I love reading all your messages.

cottagebythesea
07-08-2008, 03:46 PM
:welcome3: Patty and Belle Mer, and Welcome Back, SAnativegirl!

Barb0522
07-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Welcome to those who are new and those who are returning!

It felt so good to have the maid service do a thorough cleaning of the house yesterday. Brian was sliding all over the floors in his socks they were so clean. I know the house will look good tomorrow for the counselor who is doing the family visit. I want to get out and do a little more yardwork tonight if I can but the house itself looks good and the yard is mowed and edged. Oh, and I want to clean the gerbils' cage tonight. It isn't too bad but it would be more impressive if it was freshly clean. I know I don't have anything to worry about from her visit but I still do.

I've switched everything over to my new laptop from my old laptop so that big task is done. I just need to update a few settings.

zeffryn
07-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Barb - I'm sure that is ultra-stressful. I don't envy you a bit....well, except for the maid part. ;) Good luck, I'm sure you will do just fine.

----

Just got back from the OB. Waited forever...like usual at the doctor. In and out in five minutes. Weight dropped 3 lbs. Blood pressure great - on the low side, but that is what it usually is. No swelling or adema, no varicose veins...
Everything looks good. :) Doctor is against doing a vbac delivery, and will not send my insurance company a letter saying he approves....so no dice on getting that :( Doc scheduled the c-section for December 31. I guess that means I can have a glass of champagne on NYE.
Next ultrasound is July 31, they are hoping to be able to determine sex....but it might be too early still. Hoping to be able to know when we go to Mpls. the next day.